Type keyword(s) to search

Reel to Real: Backstage, Twitter, & All Media Dram-ugh

• Start Topic

On 2018-03-16 at 10:41 PM, Petunia13 said:

Are Amelia and Thad back together in rl? They are acting awfully smoopy with each other. Maybe he changed his mind about divorce for rekindled love and financial reasons. 

It makes me so uncomfortable to watch these scenes because of this. I just can't separate reel from real.

• Love 8
9 hours ago, Joimiaroxeu said:

MM, MO, and DG (Hilary, Abby, and Cane) are on The Price is Right today. More anniversary tie-in.

My mother said Michael, Lauren, Devon, and Mariah were on Wheel of Fortune. She doesn't watch the show, but she has in the past. She called Devon "the boy with the hearing problem" and Mariah, "the dead girl's twin." I saw some of of the cast were on The Talk. Jack, Hilary, Philly, Devon, and Victoria. I would normally watch online clips, but with Philly, I just can't.

Here's an article about the anniversary. Nothing new, but they have a picture of Cricket and Danny's wedding. https://parade.com/656476/paulettecohn/photos-the-young-and-the-restless-wedding-album-celebrates-the-shows-45th-anniversary/

• Love 9
13 hours ago, babyhouseman said:

My mother said Michael, Lauren, Devon, and Mariah were on Wheel of Fortune. She doesn't watch the show, but she has in the past. She called Devon "the boy with the hearing problem" and Mariah, "the dead girl's twin." I saw some of of the cast were on The Talk. Jack, Hilary, Philly, Devon, and Victoria. I would normally watch online clips, but with Philly, I just can't.

Here's an article about the anniversary. Nothing new, but they have a picture of Cricket and Danny's wedding. https://parade.com/656476/paulettecohn/photos-the-young-and-the-restless-wedding-album-celebrates-the-shows-45th-anniversary/

I loved the side bar. "Star Trek TNG crew re-imagined as cats."

• Love 4

So like many of us Peter is glad that this story is going to give him good material but the paternity story "is not where he would have gone." sigh. Funny in the interview when he throws a dig at the doppelgänger story. lol.

• Love 16
30 minutes ago, miamama said:

So like many of us Peter is glad that this story is going to give him good material but the paternity story "is not where he would have gone." sigh. Funny in the interview when he throws a dig at the doppelgänger story. lol.

"Maybe they'll keep me. " They are lucky to have had PB all these years. 

Thanks for the clip. 

• Love 12

That was interesting!  I didn't know the story of MTS suggesting PB for the part.  And I think I saw Ravi in the crowd, so I guess he's still on the show?

The ONLY good thing coming from this Jack NotAbbott story is that it riled up @miamama enough to bring her out of hiding! 

• Love 15
40 minutes ago, Snaporaz said:

That was interesting!  I didn't know the story of MTS suggesting PB for the part.  And I think I saw Ravi in the crowd, so I guess he's still on the show?

The ONLY good thing coming from this Jack NotAbbott story is that it riled up @miamama enough to bring her out of hiding! 

Agree!

I love that clip, PB is really like an old time star. 

• Love 13
1 hour ago, Snaporaz said:

Hee! It’s PB-centric so I’m sucked in.

One thing has surprised me about Mal: Philly are ONLY romcom light. I expect they will get bigger story but so far they are not getting good material. I really thought he’d make them the leads.

• Love 8
1 hour ago, miamama said:

Hee! It’s PB-centric so I’m sucked in.

One thing has surprised me about Mal: Philly are ONLY romcom light. I expect they will get bigger story but so far they are not getting good material. I really thought he’d make them the leads.

Probably because there isn't much to do with them. 

• Love 6
20 hours ago, miamama said:

My goodness, Peter is such a great looking man. Do you mean to tell me that no one can figure out an age appropriate woman to pair him with? What a waste. I would like to say I look forward to the "journey" of self-rediscovery Jack is going to be making, but I can't. I know he'll play the hell out of it, but I'd just as soon skip it. I fucking hate Mal Young.

• Love 13

Thanks Spinx!!

Interesting that the nuKyle actor (another MM! Maybe he can be MMe??) says Jack and Kyle “want to connect” because so far it appears Kyle only wants Jack to die a slow agonizing painful death. 

Hoping the “pull” part of the “push pull” is on my screen soon because I will never accept the 132th version of Kyle if all he does is crap on Jack.

MO’s take on Abby, aargh. Show really wants us to buy that “Jack used Ashley’s paternity against her” which is bullshit if you don’t also add in the YEARS of Ashley telling Jack how he could never be John.

• Love 11

Is MO really as dumb as this sounds: "Even as we were playing out the story, I was thinking, 'Is there a chance that Abby could have accidentally switched the hair follicles and Ashley's hair got there instead' But Abby was pretty careful." First, hair follicles? Seriously? And then, chile please, all Abby has carefully proven is that Jack and Traci don't have the same father. Just like Jack and Ashley. Ashley who isn't John's daughter. John, who may also not have been the father of TRACI! You friggin' idiot! (I sure hope she's just parroting the official party line--so far--because anyone could drive a semi through that gaping plot hole.) Grrr.

And wait, what? Hilary kissing nununununununnunununununuKyle? Nooooooo! Do not want! (Though I do sorta like the idea of Hilary having an Abbott baby. Just not with this version of Kyle.)

• Love 10
43 minutes ago, Joimiaroxeu said:

I do sorta like the idea of Hilary having an Abbott baby.

Hillary will freak if this happens and she finds out Kyle isn't a blood Abbott.

• Love 5
45 minutes ago, Joimiaroxeu said:

Is MO really as dumb as this sounds: "Even as we were playing out the story, I was thinking, 'Is there a chance that Abby could have accidentally switched the hair follicles and Ashley's hair got there instead' But Abby was pretty careful." First, hair follicles? Seriously? And then, chile please, all Abby has carefully proven is that Jack and Traci don't have the same father. Just like Jack and Ashley. Ashley who isn't John's daughter. John, who may also not have been the father of TRACI! You friggin' idiot! (I sure hope she's just parroting the official party line--so far--because anyone could drive a semi through that gaping plot hole.) Grrr.

And wait, what? Hilary kissing nununununununnunununununuKyle? Nooooooo! Do not want! (Though I do sorta like the idea of Hilary having an Abbott baby. Just not with this version of Kyle.)

Just based on what PB said in that interview, there wasn't a screw-up or inadvertent switching of samples, unfortunately. It sounds as if this stands. I'm completely against it. I can take Hilary or leave her no matter who's she with. But she won't be getting any "Abbott" anything if she lets Vile pork her. And, frankly, if I were Hilary or anyone else, I'd push Vile aside to get to his dad any day.

• Love 12

Spoiler from PulledOutOfMyAss.com: After the shocking reveal that Jack Abbott is not the son of beloved cosmetics titan John Abbott, forensic sleuth Abby decided she must follow the DNA trail to its logical conclusion. This perilous path will uncover secrets that could rock the Abbott family to its core - or wipe it off the canvas! Could it be possible that Tracy is not John Abbott’s flesh and blood as well? For decades, long time viewers of the Young and the Restless have been painted a picture of Dina Mergeron as a high class, high society lady who had a dalliance with a country club tennis pro, an affair that produced Ashley. Has Abby discovered a seedier side to her grandmother? “Dina’s a brassy dame,” laughs head writer Mal Young. “Isn’t it possible that she did so much mounting she eventually stopped counting?”

What about Billy Abbott, the son of Jill and John Abbott? “Never say never,” teases the scribe. “Viewers may have to kick the Abbott habit, but I think they’ll find the Newman family more than enough to carry the load. You have a powerhouse patriarch, his devoted wife, all kinds of incredible drama with his brood. All the ex-Abbotts will still be around, causing mischief.” As for Billy? “I think I’ve discovered what makes Game of Thrones so popular, and I’m going to bring some of that magic to Y&R.” 

Young went on to describe his plans to spread out some of that romcom master class sparkle currently possessed by lovers Phyllis and Billy. “Lily and Cane still want to prevent Hilary from having a baby with Devon. If they have to interrupt an insemination session, they’re willing to do it. The comedic implications are a little edgy, but after you’re done laughing, I think you’ll agree it was all very tastefully done.” 

We ventured to ask what the future held for the new Kyle Abbott? “Kyle really wants to connect with his father,” explains Mal. “One of the most profound aspects of his journey to do that will be identifying just who that man is.” Is Jack going to be rendered childless in the upcoming months? Wait, there’s still Keemo. Right? “Whatever happens,” declares Young with a sunny optimism, “Peter (Bergman) will knock it out of the park.” 

Will Victor recover and implicate JT in his near fatal tumble? “This story has some amazing twists and turns in it that viewers will never see coming,” promises Young. “Victor definitely has plans for JT. We’re also going to swerve into Victor’s past and learn more about what makes him so complicated and so ferocious in defending his family. Jack’s not the only veteran of the Vietnam war, but Victor Newman is too humble to discuss his time in special ops.” Wait. What? Come on. “JT better hope Victor doesn’t call up some of his old combat skills!” chuckles the writer. 

For more spoilers, check out PulledOutOfMyAss.com, home of all Mal Young’s ideas.

• Love 19

Just based on what PB said in that interview, there wasn't a screw-up or inadvertent switching of samples, unfortunately.

If Traci isn't John's child then no screwup or switching reveal would be necessary. None of the Abbott kids know so this whole thing would be based on an erroneous assumption. At the very least Jack should also be tested against Billy. (Oy, wouldn't it be hilarious if super sleuth Phyllis is the one who figures that out and gets her own hair follicles to test. ?) Whatever, it's possible the cast hasn't been told the entirety of how things play out. Or, like the Jill as Kay's daughter story went, someone among TPTB will realize they made a huge freaking mistake and hit reverse.

• Love 7

Ninja, all I can say is HELL NO! Doing away with the Abbotts as we’ve known them for decades. GTFO! Mal needs to go now. 

Does CBS still have the Feedback Form or does one have to have Twitter or FB? I feel sick with anger right now . 

• Love 13
3 hours ago, NinjaPenguins said:

For more spoilers, check out PulledOutOfMyAss.com, home of all Mal Young’s ideas.

NinjaPenguins, I went to the PulledOutOfMyAss.com 

giphy.gif

but I couldn't get in.....

Talk about a firewall.  OhthatMal!

• Love 10
On 3/15/2018 at 7:18 AM, boes said:

Yes although I didn't remember a bit of it until I looked up the character.  When Chris was getting romantic with Michael after he was released from jail for trying to rape her (what WAS it about these romances with rapists soaps were so thrilled with back in the 80's anyway??), this happened.....

From Wikipedia - 

Michael proudly announced to Paul that he got engaged to Christine, which angered Paul who punched Michael and then forced himself on Christine, although Chris never said no to him. Paul was, at the time, married to Isabella. The following morning, Christine went to see Paul in L.A. and made love to him, then disappeared for a few weeks, leaving Michael and Paul wondering what's going on.

.....whut?

This fucking show, what the hell? I remember watching when Isabella was on the show, but I blocked that out. This was....only 15 years ago and that was still a trope?

On 3/15/2018 at 9:28 AM, Joimiaroxeu said:

What bothered me the most is that TPTB seemed to be saying that women can't be trusted to determine whether they were raped or not. I think Y&R seemed to have largely backed off that angle with women but are now using it more with men as the victims. (Most recently, Jack and Cane.)

Let's not forget Daniel, whose own mother sided with.his attacker in the custody case. If only Phyllis.had left well enough alone, Billy would still have partial custody and Lucy could've been her eventual stepdotter :|

• Love 8
33 minutes ago, Anna Yolei said:

Let's not forget Daniel, whose own mother sided with.his attacker in the custody case. If only Phyllis.had left well enough alone, Billy would still have partial custody and Lucy could've been her eventual stepdotter :|

LOL  well, phyl did call herself mommy while she had custody of lucy....

• Love 9

Oy, they're really trying hard to hop on Big Little Lies' coattails. Thing is though, the three key women on that show were actually friends. Looks like Y&R/Mal is cobbling something together with Victoria, Sharon, and Mac, but the only woman in the final shot of that clip who's really close to Victoria is Nikki. Mac doesn't live in GC, and Sharon and Vikki (and Nikki) have decidedly never been friends. Meh. (And I wonder where Phyllis is? Disposing of a body would seem like a task right up her alley.)

• Love 5
16 minutes ago, Joimiaroxeu said:

Oy, they're really trying hard to hop on Big Little Lies' coattails. Thing is though, the three key women on that show were actually friends. Looks like Y&R/Mal is cobbling something together with Victoria, Sharon, and Mac, but the only woman in the final shot of that clip who's really close to Victoria is Nikki. Mac doesn't live in GC, and Sharon and Vikki (and Nikki) have decidedly never been friends. Meh. (And I wonder where Phyllis is? Disposing of a body would seem like a task right up her alley.)

Phyllis is the fourth woman at the burial. Not Mac. I believe.

• Love 10
On 4/11/2018 at 12:12 PM, miamama said:

No politics here I know so I won’t comment on that part but Sheila! Lol

https://shareblue.com/gop-house-candidate-kimberline-brown-pelzer-plants-questions-facebook-live/

Hope For The Future 2018 Campaign 

- Exclusive dinner date with totally beautiful Hope Logan for $555,555!

- Served by Sheila Nobody -(no tip required)

- Leonardo DiCaprio scheduled to appear for a private talk about “Blood Diamond” & Global Warming around the world!

For more details: 

Contact

Receptionist Pamela Douglas

Forrester Creations

555-555-LEMONBARS 

- paid by Forrester Creations LLC copyright 2018

• Love 6
26 minutes ago, peacheslatour said:

So now Mal is looting Stephen King. What's next Cujo? Christine?

An update of Christine, subtitled "The Terror of Tightpockets - The Zippering" - presented in two parts....

Edited by boes
  • Love 14

It’s all so gross and dark. Except annoying Abby and her “levity” with Nikki’s boy toy.

So it really seems like we are sticking with Dina was the whore of Babylon and Jack is not an Abbott. 

Good thing Billy is there to pick up the pieces. ?

• Love 12
1 hour ago, miamama said:

It’s all so gross and dark. Except annoying Abby and her “levity” with Nikki’s boy toy.

So it really seems like we are sticking with Dina was the whore of Babylon and Jack is not an Abbott. 

Good thing Billy is there to pick up the pieces. ?

What I meant to say is I really thought they would undo this story quickly but I don’t know now. He is going to be Jack Not Abbott. 

Sigh. 

• Love 9