Type keyword(s) to search

Reel to Real: Backstage, Twitter, & All Media Dram-ugh

• Start Topic

Daytime Emmy Pre-nominations are out and I am utterly stunned and sickened at the same time. Sharon Case was not nominated for Lead or Supporting actress, but Tracey Bregman (Lauren), Kelly Sullivan (Sage) and Cady McClain (Kelly) were?! What the holy hell is going on behind the scenes at Y&R?? That Sharon Case was shut out completely when she carried a major storyline all last year is incomprehensible to me! Wow, there is a serious hate-on for SC on that set. Nothing now will convince me otherwise.

http://daytimeconfidential.com/2015/02/04/natas-reveals-daytime-emmy-acting-pre-nominees/

Edited by Gigi
  • Love 10

Ever since this whole pre-nom thing started the Emmys have pretty much been idiotic---very seldom to they get it right and it often seems to be a popularity contest like high school. I don't watch any of the other shows still on other than a little B&B---great sets and a few good actors---but the pre-noms for all are pretty much awful ---and they wonder why lifelong viewers like me don't even watch the awards anymore--no clips, too much game show and children's show stuff, no acknowledgement of anything of note that happened that year etc, really good acting totally overlooked ---UGH.

Edited by Oly
  • Love 2

As I understand it, any actor can submit their name for the pre-nominations list and its added. Then those with the most votes from that list make the final nominations list for the Day Time Emmy. If you don't submit your name, you're not in Emmy contention.

I think SC didn't put her name in for a reason. Which is really sad to me because she really carried one of the most exciting storylines of the show for all of 2014. I suspect she felt "why bother?" yet again.

• Love 3

What the holy hell is going on behind the scenes at Y&R?? That Sharon Case was shut out completely when she carried a major storyline all last year is incomprehensible to me! Wow, there is a serious hate-on for SC on that set. Nothing now will convince me otherwise.

All you have to look at to see what's going on is the fact that Braeden was pre-nommed. This asshat shambled through scenes looking as if he's sleepwalking and he gets an Emmy "pre-nom". That and the usual suspects (all of them who were most vocal in the aftermath of what happened around the end of 2013) are all shaking hands in congratulations today.  What kills me is that BM gets a nod as best actor on Y&R and he was on for one fucking month in 2014 and sat out most of the remainder of the year until late summer when he started on GH. This shit sucks monkey balls.

Crap. I've always heard that this is the most clique-driven piece of crap show on the air BTS and now believe it.  All I can add to that is that EB's powder must seriously be damp if he put himself in for Emmy consideration this year. He was always so proud - and vocal - about not giving a damn about this so-called Emmy crap, and he just went and made a complete hypocrite and a liar out of himself.

Edited by Toomuchsoap
  • Love 4

Not shocking in the least to me re EB. Yep, he definitely submitted his name for the pre-nom list and I'm just wondering why? What the hell did he do last year worthy of anything other than derision? He's a joke.

What chaps me more than that is Kelly Sullivan, after a few months submits HER name for Supporting? Presumptuous much? And Tracey Bregman for Lead? WHY? What have either of them done last year that would be sooo Emmy worthy? Even Michael's cancer storyline was played low key, IMO. I'll even give Cady more cred to submit because she really had some meaty (if not often cheesy) scenes last year playing Kelly. It's truly a cesspool on that set.

• Love 3

Hell, Justin Hartley got a prenom & he was just a HAND for most of 2014.

At least he's good looking, and it was a nicely manicured hand,  I cannot believe Sage was even considered - however, if you can submit your own name, that would explain it.  To top it, Summer is in the young actress category again - I would rather the award go to K-RAN.

• Love 5

Sean Carrigan, Steve Burton, Cady McClain, Doug Davidson, and some woman that's been on the show for four months all got nominated. Wow. OK. 

This, plus Justin Hartley shows up in gauze and gets nominated. The Daytime Emmys are a sad, pathetic joke. Talent has nothing to do with it. It's all who-you-know and who-you-blow. It deserves to be relegated to some third rate cable channel or online cesspool. It's right up JFP's alley. Put a fork in it.

• Love 5

SC should be nominated for best sport!! And the two little girls that play Faith can act circles around all those grown ups with the exception of Justin Hartley.What a pathetic joke the Daytime Emmys have turned out to be.

• Love 6

As I understand it, any actor can submit their name for the pre-nominations list and its added. Then those with the most votes from that list make the final nominations list for the Day Time Emmy. If you don't submit your name, you're not in Emmy contention.

I think SC didn't put her name in for a reason. Which is really sad to me because she really carried one of the most exciting storylines of the show for all of 2014. I suspect she felt "why bother?" yet again.

SC is a very low key type person. She never calls attention to herself. She probably knows how the game works by now and wants no part of it.She is the most under rated actress on this show in my opinion.And the most beautiful!

Daytime Emmy Pre-nominations are out and I am utterly stunned and sickened at the same time. Sharon Case was not nominated for Lead or Supporting actress, but Tracey Bregman (Lauren), Kelly Sullivan (Sage) and Cady McClain (Kelly) were?! What the holy hell is going on behind the scenes at Y&R?? That Sharon Case was shut out completely when she carried a major storyline all last year is incomprehensible to me! Wow, there is a serious hate-on for SC on that set. Nothing now will convince me otherwise.

http://daytimeconfidential.com/2015/02/04/natas-reveals-daytime-emmy-acting-pre-nominees/

I just tell myself they are jealous of her!! LOL

This was posted up-thread and I assume this is the source of the Justin Hartley rumors.  I checked the page, but I think you have to pay to read the actual article.  I'm not sure - a little stupid about these online gossip sites.  I hope it isn't true, because I kinda like the actor, and think he's nice looking.  I realize the writing sucks for him right now and his storyline makes no sense, but that can't be blamed on him and he seems to be a good actor.

I think he is the perfect recast.To me he is Adam and always was. The same for GT as Phyllis!

• Love 2

Sean Carrigan, Steve Burton, Cady McClain, Doug Davidson, and some woman that's been on the show for four months all got nominated. Wow. OK.

Those actors are dreck and so is that newbie Sage. I think I'm going to barf.

• Love 7

All I can add to that is that EB's powder must seriously be damp if he put himself in for Emmy consideration this year. He was always so proud - and vocal - about not giving a damn about this so-called Emmy crap, and he just went and made a complete hypocrite and a liar out of himself.

This makes no sense to me either.  I will dream that he has secret plans to retire next year, and wants to go out with an Emmy win.  I can't imagine that he would win, but I couldn't imagine that HHK would win last year either.  The dream that EB is planning his own retirement before some deranged non-fan kills him will get me through several month - that, and lots of screwdrivers.

• Love 3

Actually pre-noms (except for the stupid "younger" category) are judged. Michael Fairman's site explains the process. 

The process used to determine those chosen as Pre-Nominated performers is as follows:  An online judging ballot containing all entrants in each of four performer categories (Lead Actor and Actress and Supporting Actor and Actress) was sent to all registered, eligible peer judges.  The ballot contained a randomized order of performers in each category, regardless of their show affiliation. Judges were required to view clips online containing the work of each performer entry before selecting their top 10 performer choices in each category.  Please note that there are 11 Lead Actors and 11 Supporting Actresses due to exact ties in the voting.  Th announcement also contains the names of the Entrants for Younger Actor and Actress, who will proceed directly to the Blue Ribbon Round.

Edited by miamama
  • Love 2

So what if Eric Braeden put himself in the running? Tony Geary is in there too. The daytime Emmys have been a joke for a long time. It's not just limited to Y&R or Eric Braeden.

The Daytime Emmys have surely jumped the shark this year. It has reverted to its old selection process because many of the names on the lists are astoundingly undeserved, while great performances are ignored. As far a Mr. Mumbles being on the list with Tony Geary goes, the big difference is that Mr. Geary actually knows how to act, while Mr. Braeden only recites the same tired clichés over and over again. Frankly, both of them need to retire. JMO.

• Love 5

Tony Geary looks ridiculous in a horrible toupee and he is hammier than CLB. Every time he is nominated, daytime loses a little more credibility. They jumped the shark a long time ago.

Edited by Runningwild
  • Love 6

So what if Eric Braeden put himself in the running? Tony Geary is in there too. The daytime Emmys have been a joke for a long time. It's not just limited to Y&R or Eric Braeden.

why shouldn't he? everyone else puts themself in the running. The emmys have been a joke for years.. that is the truth..

• Love 3

I don't even care that undeserving actors put themselves in the running. I doubt any of these actors think they're bad, and whether they are or not is open for debate. The problem is that the judges decided they were good enough to get nominated. The fact that Kelly Sullivan got nominated is most egregious to me. Sean Carrigan, Steve Burton, Cady McClain and Doug Davidson deserve to get laughed at, but at least they had some dramatic material to play (even if their performances were trash). What the hell has Kelly Sullivan done in the four months she's been here? Cry over that old woman dying and make faces while Adam yells at her? Give me a break. 

• Love 9

This makes no sense to me either.  I will dream that he has secret plans to retire next year, and wants to go out with an Emmy win.  I can't imagine that he would win, but I couldn't imagine that HHK would win last year either.  The dream that EB is planning his own retirement before some deranged non-fan kills him will get me through several month - that, and lots of screwdrivers.

As I was reading the DC article yesterday, I was wondering the same thing myself. I heard an inside piece of gossip from an actor who has now left the show (a fairly recent cast addition who had a respected and reasonably prominent tv career previously) who had a few tidbits about the BTS stuff. I won't go into details, but one of the bits had to do with MTS, who told the source she would like to retire, mostly because of health issues. PatsyandEddy had mentioned something about HHK either upthread or on the main page, having said (somewhere) that MM never did anything to her and she "never said he did", and the source of this comment is the same actor, who sniffed around but came up with bupkis because everyone who the source asked said they didn't know what exactly happened.  

I know I'm a little off topic about EB, but it did occur to me that this might be his planned swan song year. It wouldn't surprise me that a some of the cast who are expecting this would nominate him knowing that he plans to retire (or perhaps more correctly stated is going to BE retired) as a contract player this year. Isn't it interesting that all the actors - well, most anyway - (including some of the vets like DD and EB) are the ones that are routinely scoffed at and derided on these boards? Is it possible that all of these character are going to be either given the heave-ho soon (in those mandated cast purges spurred by the recent Actors Guild/SAG compensation agreement), or are going to be put on recurring status and only have limited appearances going forward? Would it surprise anyone to see the likes of CM, SeanC, KS, along with the more seasoned vets leave soon, and this is a way to give them inside accolades and support from their castmates and others who know their departures are imminent?

Edited by Toomuchsoap
  • Love 4

SC is so much better than half the people they've given Emmy's too. For example the girl who plays Kiki on GH got one. So I'm lost as to why SC who can act circles around her wouldn't be in the running. She's a multiple nominee as us. 

• Love 4

^I was referring to Sean Carrigan in my post, not Case. I agree that SC is a talented actor and has been consistently professional. I find it laughable that TB was nominated in a lead actress capacity and SC was completely ignored. Complete highschool behavior on the part of her castmates (and there must be a few people up the chain as well).  There's definitely a poison tree BTS at Y&R - but anyone with the eyes to read and the sense god gave a goat - could (historically) see that.

• Love 5

David Sherman fights for his client as the big verdict comes in today on Y&R. #YR @YRInsider @CBSDaytime

LOL this was on yrinsider twitter a bit ago.

I tweeted back that NO HE DIDN'T, he went from pitbull to pitiful..

I imagine they are getting lots of angry tweets.

• Love 4

It's my understanding the actors decide which category they are in.

I believe this is true. I'm sure it's strategic to a point. Some people wouldn't really stand a chance in the Lead category but have a shot in supporting (or "younger").

• Love 1

Guys...seriously. Please be respectful of your fellow posters. Do not post your opinion as fact and do not call each other out re: opinions. Please make ample use of the IGNORE feature. If you don't know how to use it PM me and I will be happy to help. Instructions are at the top of the page as well.

I am posting a bunny with a disapproving face but it was HARD to find so don't make me say this all again later.

bunneh.jpg

• Love 8

That's funny. There's a photo book (based on the site?) called Disapproving Rabbits. I got it as a gift several years ago. It was a bunch o shots of buns drowning and narrowing their eyes, so at things some at their food or the tv and stuff.

Y&R stuff: Sean Carrigan / Stitch has filed for divorce.

Edited by Petunia13
  • Love 3

Now THAT is a mean looking bunny  - he would probably bite your finger off.  I'm scared!  I googled disapproving rabbits and hit images - there are dozens of these mean ones.  Radishcake has enough to threaten us for a long time.  HELP!!

Edited by movinon
  • Love 4

A few years back, before I had a DVR and had to watch Y&R on SoapNet, I remember seeing a commercial for a big disaster drama on GH involving some bizarre carnival and a merry-go-round of death. It just looked so bad and cheesy. And not real cheese, but that fake orange cheese they put on nachos.

Did this Chuck Pratt guy used to work on GH? I think I remember reading here that JFP did. I'm just wondering if these two were responsible for that mess (which I admit I did not see...maybe it was good?), and if this upcoming disaster is going to be like that. I couldn't bring myself to watch the promo someone posted in the main thread.

I don't think soaps should do these sorts of things. They rarely do it well, so I think they should focus on telling smaller (but good) stories instead of trying to imitate a James Cameron movie.

Edited by Snaporaz
  • Love 3

Pratt wrote the AMC tornado that ruined The Comeback and killed Babe and wrote the town humorous goofy cad a story where he buried a guy alive and tortured him. I think he wrote some hostage crisis bomb shit on GH.

• Love 1

Pratt wrote the AMC tornado that ruined The Comeback and killed Babe and wrote the town humorous goofy cad a story where he buried a guy alive and tortured him. I think he wrote some hostage crisis bomb shit on GH.

That all sounds horrible, yet...there are some characters I would like to see buried alive.  So, I'm really torn about this.  lol 

• Love 5
That all sounds horrible

It was. The Babe character ended up dying because a flying piece of wooden debris staked her through vital organs. A lot of viewers disliked her the same way many don't like the current incarnation of Billy but the way they killed her off was almost beyond the pale. The cad character who buried some guy alive (the torture and eventual death went on for weeks) never came back from that horror. A lot of fans never "forgave" him, the same way many will never get past Adam for what he did to Ashley and Sharon wrt Faith. There are several characters on Y&R I don't like but there isn't one I'd want to see get shish kebabbed, buried alive, or be allowed to bury someone alive. Yeesh, the way they let Nikki and Deacon desecrate a dead body the way they did was about bad enough for me.

• Love 5

I thought it was megan mctrash who wrote tad as the dr. murderer. I distinctly remember an interview where she said she cried when she decided it would be tad the cad who did it...maybe chuckles was writing then too tho.

he did write the tornado s/l and I think Zach and greenbitch being in the bomb shelter and becoming besties..that made me puke.

• Love 3

I never watched any of these soaps when these things happened, but they all sound un-watchable.  I hate to think that Y&R is joining in with the disaster stuff, and will not be watching the Feb. 14th episode.  I will read Peach's re-cap to see who died, but I don't expect it will be anyone I wish dead.  Probably Joe Clark, or the bartender from the dive Neil and Nikki are frequenting.  I have so many good suggestions, beginning with Victor, Avery, Kelly, Ben, and working my way through the Winters family, but I'm sure they will all be okey-dokey.  I would be fine with the judge that gave Nick custody biting the dust, too. 

• Love 1

big disaster drama on GH involving some bizarre carnival and a merry-go-round of death. It just looked so bad and cheesy. And not real cheese, but that fake orange cheese they put on nachos.

It was all that and more. But Pratt didn't write that story, Guza did. Under the direction of JFP.

• Love 2

Here's something I just read on Blind Gossip that's interesting, and it probably hasn't got anything to do with Y&R, but I'm posting because I'm curious which other soap it could pertain to. Any ideas?

'Someone is leaving a daytime TV show. The reasons given for this exit were totally true. But there’s something else going on here, too. See, the person who’s leaving is telling friends that one of her co-stars is on opiates and as a result, loses her train of thought a lot. The person we’re discussing has little tolerance for that sort of thing, and finds it irritating, so she’s taking the train right out of there!'