Type keyword(s) to search

Reel to Real: Backstage, Twitter, & All Media Dram-ugh

• Start Topic

That's apparent, and he certainly gives it his all. But nothing about this plot rings true, least of all Michael shoving Lauren toward Cane, who is a married man, so that she can be sexually serviced. Granted, this isn't a Pratt story—it was left over from the previous writing regime—but now it's an even worse mess. What's the problem? Do you resent being stuck with it?

Pratt: I did have problems with it, but not because it was a cancer story. I've told some good cancer stories in my day. My problem, when I came to this show, was that all the women in the story were sitting around talking about erections and other stuff that made me uncomfortable. Cancer is another old soap opera wheeze that can bring out the tears and, in the case of Michael and Lauren, it's a great opportunity to examine a marriage. But this is a type of cancer that's basically curable and everybody knows we're not going to kill off Michael, so that meant we had to wrestle with complications. Michael and Lauren were an interesting couple at one point, but they had become a little bit boring and I felt the same thing about Lily and Cane, so the idea was to push Lauren and Cane together. This was one of the most successful stories we did on Melrose Place. Marcia Cross' character was dying of a brain tumor and she pushed her cheating husband together with a hooker, Kelly Rutherford's character, never expecting they would fall in love. And that plot went on for years! I thought the two Y&R couples were mired in the same-old same-old and needed a fix. Yes, the audience likes them right where they were but, to me, in the show I envision, they weren't playable.

Shut the fuck up.

Now that Avery and Joe seem reunited, are you fully committed to putting Sharon and Dylan together?

Phelps: We are moving ahead with Dylan and Sharon. They've both been through a lot. Dylan is a rescuer and, right now, Sharon needs saving. They were friends when Dylan first came to town. In fact, Sharon was very nice to him when others weren't. And the fact that Faith likes Dylan is a big deal, even for Nick, since Faith doesn't like any of the women Nick is involved with. With Dylan, Sharon will find herself a really solid guy who will be very helpful to her. This is a clean slate for both of them.

So...basically when Dylan and Sharon get together he'll be able to be her white knight 24/7 without pesky Avery getting in the way. That's what I'm getting from this statement, that Dylan will be yet another man who tries to 'save' Sharon. 

I don't know why the thing with Avery wasn't as big as it should have been,

Probably because they were boring as fuck and their entire 'great romance' happened off screen.

• Love 10
(edited)

Wouldn't the best solution be to negotiate a deal so that Burton goes back to GH to play Jason and you bring Miller back to Y&R to play Billy?
[No response]"
The best part indeed lol

That was the very best part,Suby!     Crickets.......LOL

Round 2: The Young and the Restless Chiefs Jill Farren Phelps and Chuck Pratt Answer Our Burning Questions

http://www.tvinsider.com/article/1748/young-and-the-restless-jill-farren-phelps-chuck-pratt-interview-part-2/

LOL!

Wouldn't the best solution be to negotiate a deal so that Burton goes back to GH to play Jason and you bring Miller back to Y&R to play Billy?

[No response]
LOL!

PRICELESS!!! LOL

Edited by Slowpokey
  • Love 5
(edited)

Now that Avery and Joe seem reunited, are you fully committed to putting Sharon and Dylan together?
Phelps: We are moving ahead with Dylan and Sharon. They've both been through a lot. Dylan is a rescuer and, right now, Sharon needs saving. They were friends when Dylan first came to town. In fact, Sharon was very nice to him when others weren't. And the fact that Faith likes Dylan is a big deal, even for Nick, since Faith doesn't like any of the women Nick is involved with. With Dylan, Sharon will find herself a really solid guy who will be very helpful to her. This is a clean slate for both of them.

So...basically when Dylan and Sharon get together he'll be able to be her white knight 24/7 without pesky Avery getting in the way. That's what I'm getting from this statement, that Dylan will be yet another man who tries to 'save' Sharon.

LeftPhalange,they really don't have a clue. They keep writing her this way when they are told over and over by her fans and other fans to stop.We want Sharon to be strong and they keep promising to make her that way but never deliver! They don't care what her fans want. It is never going to change ever! So I am just going to enjoy her as long as she is on my screen.

I don't know why the thing with Avery wasn't as big as it should have been,

Probably because they were boring as fuck and their entire 'great romance' happened off screen.

True! LOL

Edited by Slowpokey
  • Love 4
(edited)

LOL   

Fake Jack is going to be there and Victor's sitting in the room with him and we're supposed to focus on Nikki's drinking when Victor's trying to kill/kidnap/rape people? Who is that sitting next to Nikki?

Edited by Artsda
  • Love 6

Artsda: I think

it's Summer next to Nikki. I can't imagine who else it would be. Noah is there next to Neil, and Nikki's three kids are across from her. The blurb on the photo (MTS's quote) indicates there will be some humour in the scenes. :)

• Love 4

That's what I'm getting from this statement, that Dylan will be yet another man who tries to 'save' Sharon.

OH JOY...When the hell is that freak going to be able to save herself.. she is 45 fucking years old and still needs a pathetic loser to save her.. GAG.. every day they write this chick worse and worse.. I just can't..

• Love 2
So Splatt is uncomfortable hearing women talk about erections, but he's good with calling the women characters crazy.

His lack of emotional maturity explains a LOT about the direction this show is taking...

"that's what Steve Burton does best—multi-level angst in a manly way"

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA oh yes the manliness.

TIL the powers that be at Y&R are 12 years old.

• Love 3
(edited)

Artsda: I think

it's Summer next to Nikki. I can't imagine who else it would be. Noah is there next to Neil, and Nikki's three kids are across from her. The blurb on the photo (MTS's quote) indicates there will be some humour in the scenes. :)

You're right that it's probably

Summer, but I think it looks like Sage. And is that Gabriel next to Neil?

Edited by Snaporaz
  • Love 2

You're right that it's probably

Summer, but I think it looks like Sage. And is that Gabriel next to Neil?

It looks to me like

the group is Summer, Nikki, Victor, Fack, Noah, Neil, Dylan, Victoria, and Nick.

somewhat in that order.

• Love 4

Robert Gant is scheduled to reappear on june 1 or 2 I think so I tweeted him.  and then he favourited it

Robert Gant favorited your Tweet

15m: @RobertJGant when Sherman shows up in gc for custody case, I hope THIS TIME he skewers nick and gets Sharon back custody of faith. PLS.

• Love 8

Lots of Y&R breaking news: 

Jessica Collins exiting

Avery's exit story is being kept under wraps. However, I hear a planned plot twist was so heinous head writer and executive producer Chuck Pratt was forced to rewrite it.

"What Chuck originally planned for Avery would have been the worst thing the soap had ever done," said a set side source. "It would have been Armageddon."

http://daytimeconfidential.com/2015/05/28/jessica-collins-out-at-the-young-and-the-restless

and JFP is in contract negotiations...

http://daytimeconfidential.com/2015/05/28/jill-farren-phelps-enters-contract-talks-at-yr

I sure won't miss Avery.

I will miss The Avery That Could Have Been. You know, a smart, independent, successful female attorney who champions the underdog. A woman who may have been just a tad bit too busy to hang around watching Joe do arm curls.

• Love 15

I liked Avery at the beginning, but cannot stand her now.

Maybe they had planned for Austin to be alive and torture and kill her. I cannot imagine what else could be so heinous.  

• Love 7

I feel almost as if there are different levels of acting talent:

There are those who can make all but the very worst written storyline work
There are those who can do well depending on writing and screen partners and then
there are those who need guidance no matter what.

I feel like JC fits into that second category.  To me, none of her onscreen romantic partnerships worked but she did have good screen chemistry with Angell Conwell, CLB, HK and even when Gina T. first arrived, I was astonished at how believable they seemed as sisters.  Unfortunately in daytime soaps, you're only considered as good as your next romance and Avery has struck out three times in that dept, imo.

I wonder what this means for Joe, whom I have very little use for.  At first, he seemed interesting when bantering with Ashley but for whatever reason (probably to make room for the ridiculous Dylan/Avery/Joe +Sharon configuration), that wasn't pursued and I think that ship has since sailed.

• Love 5
Unfortunately in daytime soaps, you're only considered as good as your next romance and Avery has struck out three times in that dept, imo.

Yup. It's a good call to cut her. She just couldn't pull off soap opera romance. She has way too much maternal energy. Nothing sultry about her. And she was given JM, SB and now SE. All objectively good looking soap hunks (none of them do a thing for me; but it's not like she was paired with Victor or anything). I was remembering how much Josh Griffith and JFP were in love with JC when they first took over. She got a new set and all that cooking shit started (at JC's request apparently). They gave her the grand off-screen romance with Dylan. ugh.

So she's been given a lot and still, blah. 

• Love 10

I like Jessica Collins and she has been very good except here---in the beginning Avery had some potential but the revolving writing staff took away all of that and made her dull and inconsistant and just annoying----the actress (who I go way back with) is capable of so much more----any good thing about her character was taken away or ignored and now she is even worse as a Phyllis sister---once again Phyllis is right or something and Avery is a dud---so sorry to see this happen but Avery has become another idiot character so even someone like me will not miss her---sigh.

• Love 7
(edited)

I liked Avery at the beginning, but cannot stand her now.

Maybe they had planned for Austin to be alive and torture and kill her. I cannot imagine what else could be so heinous.

This, apparently. 

On Thursday, I reported Jessica Collins is exiting the role of heroine Avery Bailey Clark at CBS Daytime's The Young and the Restless. In the article, I revealed I've heard from multiple sources that the soap's co-executive producer and head writer Chuck Pratt was being forced to rewrite his original endgame for the character.

I can now confirm the plot twist in question would have had Avery lying about being raped by ex-husband Joe Clark (Scott Elrod).

As tiresome as I find Avery, there isn't a single plausible reason for her to do that. Why would he even... never mind. It's Pratt. As long as it's shocking, nothing else matters.

Edited by jenrising
  • Love 7

This, apparently. 

As tiresome as I find Avery, there isn't a single plausible reason for her to do that. Why would he even... never mind. It's Pratt. As long as it's shocking, nothing else matters.

This would have been building on the theme that Dylan only wants to save women, so to get him back she would need to be saved.  Well that would make sense if Dylan dumped her, but I am pretty sure she dumped Dylan.  Yeah, that would have been ridiculous.

• Love 6

I just tweeted chuckles and told him I luved the way nick is being written and how soon before we see him peeling bananas with his feet...

LOL Love it Valley! Good one!!  Please let us know if you get an answer  (tweet)  from him!!! But in the meantime I won't hold my breath!!! LOL

• Love 2

LOL Love it Valley! Good one!!  Please let us know if you get an answer  (tweet)  from him!!! But in the meantime I won't hold my breath!!! LOL

LOL  I don't really expect a reply from chuckles.

he only re-tweets/replies to tweets that either praise him or his writing.

he doesn't usually show criticisms, this way, everyone thinks everyone loves him on the show.   I am assuming he thinks he is writing nick as the epitome of manliness or some such drivel. 

• Love 5

LOL  I don't really expect a reply from chuckles.

he only re-tweets/replies to tweets that either praise him or his writing.

he doesn't usually show criticisms, this way, everyone thinks everyone loves him on the show.   I am assuming he thinks he is writing nick as the epitome of manliness or some such drivel. 

Yes in his mind I am sure that's what he thinks! LOL

• Love 4

Found this on SOC. To be taken with ususal grain of salt.

♦️Olivia♦️ ‏@girl_isqueen9 19h19 hours ago
@Jamey_Giddens Are you sure they scrapped the Avery lying about rape story bc after seeing Monday's show it looks like it may go that way.

Jamey_Giddens ‏@Jamey_Giddens 19h19 hours ago
@girl_isqueen9 The story is still heinous but was re-written at the last minute.

Homo Supremacist ‏@Asymetricalhomo 19h19 hours ago
@Jamey_Giddens "the story is still heinous" could be 3/4 of Y&R.

.@Asymetricalhomo Chuck's take on rape will be one for the record books. Everyone who greenlit this should be ashamed. #YR

Swantise ‏@RosalieSP 15h15 hours ago
@Jamey_Giddens @Asymetricalhomo I guess my question is without spoilers is how does this differ from other rape storylines on soaps?

Linda Edmondson ‏@ledmondson39 19h19 hours ago
@Jamey_Giddens @Asymetricalhomo they should also be fired. I am one of those 18 -49 female viewers who will never watch # YR again. SICK.

Steph Bello ‏@steph_bello 19h19 hours ago
@Jamey_Giddens @Asymetricalhomo UGH. Does this mean they rewrote it so that Joe actually rapes her?

@steph_bello @Asymetricalhomo I won't spoil that part. Let's just say it's almost as disgusting as the original intent.

KCGC ‏@katkcgirl 19h19 hours ago
@Jamey_Giddens @steph_bello @Asymetricalhomo OMG this makes me sick!!!! WHY do the higher-ups allow this?!?!?!

(edited)

I could be wrong but I think it's just a joke. There were other pictures of the same characters dressed in the same clothes just horsing around.

I'm pretty sure they are clowning around. I'd be amazed if they could tweet a pic like that if it were an actual scene. But who knows?

@Jamey_Giddens @Asymetricalhomo UGH. Does this mean they rewrote it so that Joe actually rapes her?

@steph_bello @Asymetricalhomo I won't spoil that part. Let's just say it's almost as disgusting as the original intent.

KCGC ‏@katkcgirl 19h19 hours ago

Good god, someone get Giddens a fainting couch. I have no doubt it's really stupid storytelling (based on that scene between Joe and Avery in Friday's CDN) but I can't imagine the scenario offending me any more with respect to sexual coercion than it has in the past.

Edited by miamama
  • Love 4

Yeah, those are all the folks he tagged in the tweet. My guess is that it's a joke, because the last picture he tweeted was a bunch of people playing dead in an empty pool. Apparently it's a theme.

(BTW, the fact that JH hangs out with Judy Greer is so cool. Love her!)

• Love 2

and billy is the one laying across the desk

I had to turn my laptop the other way to make out who it was..

Thanks! I thought so but wasn't sure!

Yeah, those are all the folks he tagged in the tweet. My guess is that it's a joke, because the last picture he tweeted was a bunch of people playing dead in an empty pool. Apparently it's a theme.

(BTW, the fact that JH hangs out with Judy Greer is so cool. Love her!)

Lol I saw those pics,too. Looks like they all had a lot of fun. I love Judy,too. She is a hoot!!

• Love 1