Type keyword(s) to search

"The View": Week of 1/18/16

Jaded
  • Start Topic

If I were Trump, there's no way in hell that I'd want that woman's endorsement.  It would be like Mussolini coming back from the dead and endorsing Trump.  She's akin to the black plague.  

I like Joy as she seems to have moderated her views from the past.  She comes off as a bit more tolerant, at least as compared to Miss Whoopie.  

• Love 8

I like Joy.

Sarah Palin can shut the hell up any day now. As a vet myself, and as someone who has friends and relatives with PTSD, they don't beat their significant others. So she can take her president blame and shove it. I hope to god she tanks Trump's run. 

So.. I agree with Joy.

I guess violence is okay w/Sarah if her son is allegedly "defending" family. If he cold-cocks his girlfriend then it's Obama's fault.

I have to wonder who Sarah blames for a war hero impregnating her daughter.

Yes the VA has problems delivering medical and psychological help to veterans.   and those problems were IGNORED by the Republican administration.   Obama has been working to fix the system.   

BUT -  Does this Palin young man have other access to services?  does he have medical insurance, or the ability to pay for psychological treatment?   PTSD is a real disorder, it's not an automatic defense for every veteran who gets in trouble.   If Palin wants to use "Obama doesn't care about veterans"  to excuse her son's behavior, I want to know - did her son ASK for help?  because the VA is not going to force veterans into therapy.  I bet her son never sought help, never said anything, until he got charged with violence.   

And remember, she is supporting Trump, who wants to bomb the hell out of the middle east, does she think that the armed forces coming home after that WON'T have PTSD?  

• Love 21

Yes the VA has problems delivering medical and psychological help to veterans.   and those problems were IGNORED by the Republican administration.   Obama has been working to fix the system.   

BUT -  Does this Palin young man have other access to services?  does he have medical insurance, or the ability to pay for psychological treatment?   PTSD is a real disorder, it's not an automatic defense for every veteran who gets in trouble.   If Palin wants to use "Obama doesn't care about veterans"  to excuse her son's behavior, I want to know - did her son ASK for help?  because the VA is not going to force veterans into therapy.  I bet her son never sought help, never said anything, until he got charged with violence.   

And remember, she is supporting Trump, who wants to bomb the hell out of the middle east, does she think that the armed forces coming home after that WON'T have PTSD?  

THIS.

I cant add to it, but I was typing the same thing.

Anybody wanting to know more about Palin's son's arrest -   

http://www.salon.com/2016/01/21/sarah_palins_delusional_blame_game_obama_isnt_responsible_for_her_sons_domestic_violence_charge/

Earlier this week, Track, who divorced his first wife in 2012, was arrested over an incident at the Wasilla home he shares with his parents. Police noted his current girlfriend had “bruising and swelling around her left eye” and described Track as “uncooperative, belligerent, and evasive with my initial line of questions.” A breath sample registered his blood alcohol level at 0.189. In her conversation with the police, Track’s girlfriend claimed he had threatened to kill himself, and an unloaded AR-15 was found near the scene. Palin denied using a weapon but told police “that they were spread throughout both residences on the property.”

So you’re strongly implying that your son is suffering PTSD the day after boasting of being “proud clingers of our guns,” the same week he gets arrested with a weapons charge? And hasn’t it been over a year since “a verbal and physical altercation” involving Track and other family members, one that a police spokesperson said that “alcohol was believed to have been a factor” in? And did you really not once mention the woman who’s the alleged victim of your son’s behavior? Yeah, thanks, Obama..................................

Whatever is really going on inside Track Palin’s own head — and we don’t know because there’s no prior indication he’s been diagnosed with PTSD — the mental health issues for veterans are serious, and affect not just them but their families and partners. But if you want to blame Obama for the undeniably far from perfect VA, you still can’t say the president’s one for dropping the ball on mental health funding in general, and mental health funding for veterans in particular. Mental services for vets expanded since Obama took office, including the signing of a 2009 bill to provide $4.6 billion “for mental health care to treat the psychological wounds of returning combat veterans, including post-traumatic stress disorder.” Obama’s 2016 budget includes $4 million for Veterans Mental Health First Aid.

And, of course, the article is titled "sarah Palin's delusional blame game" 

• Love 13

Very well-stated, backformore

The VA is still a mess but at least steps are being being taken to improve things, but there will never be any noticeable changes if we keep restocking with new blood.

Edited after reading the link above: Now I wonder about the assault rifle her son has ON HER PROPERTY. That can't end well. Stay tuned for more Palin lies and drama.

Edited by Fisher King
  • Love 5

They showed a clip of Palin on the show. I immediately thought... yeah all you people and your kids are fucked up but mine are awesome and different.. IT'S THE WAR! IT's OBAMA! It is also related to what Joy, I think , was commenting about., Not that Joy was down on unwed moms; it was the Palin preaching and hypocrisy with which Joy took issue... as she and Whoops tried to explain after the break. .

• Love 7

"Hotdog down a hallway"

That is all.

I thought it was more hilarious than anything that's ever come out of Michelle's mouth. Of course everyone laughed but Whoopi.

Btw, what happened at the beginning of the Palin topic, when Joy was saying how Bristol got knocked up twice while unmarried, the show blinked several times like it was being censored. Then it came back to the entire table silent and Whoopi looking pissed (while Sunni was laughing to herself). Did anyone see it unedited?

• Love 3

I got blipped too, but I assumed that Joy just wanted her unwed mom comment clarified. Whoops made a face and retort at Joy bc wasn't she an unwed mom? Not a crime. I get that. Then there was a break and an explanation from Joy AND Whoopi. That's how I took it.

• Love 4

Anybody wanting to know more about Palin's son's arrest -   

http://www.salon.com/2016/01/21/sarah_palins_delusional_blame_game_obama_isnt_responsible_for_her_sons_domestic_violence_charge/

And, of course, the article is titled "sarah Palin's delusional blame game" 

Thanks for the link, backformore. I'm pretty sure that if my son were arrested on these charges and reportedly was threatening TO KILL HIMSELF with his gun (one of many stored in the Palin home, yes, it was Sarah Palin's home where this took place with maybe other family members inside), I would high tail it back to Alaska. Of course if she prefers attention and grandstanding while spouting off completely bizarre words rather than being with her family, well then, we know what kind of great mother she is.

Edited by Kenz
  • Love 8

Joy's point, which she has made in the past, was that Bristol MADE A TON OF MONEY speaking to young women about how they should abstain from sex before marriage. Even thought she had a baby.  And then she had another.  

Joy was pointing out the Palin family tradition of hypocrisy.  They want freedom to do what they want, but when they fuck up, they need someone else to blame. The whole family is batshit crazy. 

OK -   sorry, the Pailn family pushes all my buttons.   I'm going back to my actual job now.   

My bold.  You & me both.  However, it's comedy GOLD!!!

• Love 8

Should we expect to hear Whoopie start pronouncing words like Bugs Bunny now? Any day, I expect to read here, that she is saying gullible, like "Gully-BULL" or catastrophe, like "Cat-A-Strofee."

What an ignoranimus!

And who the fuck says "woundedness"? Palin, that's who! It's not even a REAL word!

Edited by GHScorpiosRule
  • Love 8

I'm warming to Sunny and I loved her being able to stand up to Miss Whoopi with Paula beaming beside her!

Sunny said "I am not a comic" and Miss Whoopi in a very condescending voive "no, you're not." Then Sunny started her remarks and got applauded several times. Good times! Miss Whoopi was NOT happy.

There is no doubt in my mind Miss Whoopi needs to bully someone at the table.....starting with the Rosies.

• Love 14

When Sunny said that she is  not a comic and Whoops said, "NO, you're not." I wish someone had said, "And Whoops, you are not an attorney."

Jus tryna keep it a hun-nerd. (Just trying to keep it a hundred) as the kids say.

Edited by ari333
  • Love 11

Did I really understand her to say that Chinese-Americans were placed in internment camps with Japanese-Americans because no one cared to tell them apart? I've honestly never heard that and I couldn't find anything about it online. I'm not saying it didn't happen, but it seems like a footnote if it's true. I agree, she was just making stuff up to sound like she knew what she was talking about.

Man, I'm not a scholar, but I do love history. The World According To Miss Whoopi is giving me a headache.

Good one - the World According to Miss Whoopi - has been giving me a headache for a while now and that is why I refuse to watch her anymore. I just had a thought, maybe Cameron was really feeling sickly before the show and during the show Miss Whoopi gave her a headache on top of it all and she decided to find some peace and quiet in her dressing room.

• Love 4

Sarah Palin is the epitome of scum.  I can't get decent life insurance because I was molested as a child and suffer from chronic PTSD.  Her whining about a choice her son made or was forced into, probably to cover up all his poor behavior earlier in life disgusts me.  I didn't have a choice when I was seven, and yet here I sit in therapy without life insurance for my kids almost five decades later.

• Love 18

Paula --give up on defending Trump.

Palin's idiotic remarks were lampooned all over the talk shows and com central shows. God, please let Trump dump her asap. Even his face, as she was speechifying was looking mystified.

Go Sunni! Keep up the good fight!

I can't believe that I am rooting for a conservative! I like that she did her homework by viewing the tape of Amy Schumer and her similarity of jokes to other comediennes. Throw that preparation and your legal knowledge in Miss Whoops' face anytime. MISS Whoopi even admits that she doesn't know abt one (of the many) HT they discussed today, although she's the expert on Black history. Hang in there, Sunni. Bring the sparks, baby!

Edited by Tosia
  • Love 11

Welcome back, Paula. Guess you didn't know Whoopi was gonna give you a pop quiz on black history, huh?

That question that Whoopi posed to Paula was really unfair. She could have phrased it, "Paula, did the schools you attended give you much information about black history?" Instead she demanded to know what Paula knew about black history, putting Paula on the spot. She really does have it out for Paula. Why didn't she ask that of Sarah or Joy, who are also white? 

Edited by Kenz
  • Love 12

Sarah Palin is the epitome of scum.  I can't get decent life insurance because I was molested as a child and suffer from chronic PTSD.  Her whining about a choice her son made or was forced into, probably to cover up all his poor behavior earlier in life disgusts me.  I didn't have a choice when I was seven, and yet here I sit in therapy without life insurance for my kids almost five decades later.

I'm so sorry.

• Love 13

That question that Whoopi posed to Paula was really unfair. She could have phrased it, "Paula, did the schools you attended give you much information about black history?" Instead she demanded to know what Paula knew about black history, putting Paula on the spot. She really does have it out for Paula. Why didn't she ask that of Sarah or Joy, who are also white? 

And that was right outta the gate. It would be a fair question when posed to anyone & in the right manner. Whoopi has such obvious disdain for Paula. I don't get it.

• Love 8

CCB and Raven are both “sick”.  Hmmm. Raven has been in the time out chair all week and now she is “sick” but Sunny and air headed Sara Haines make it in.
Michelle and Raven should be ticked that Sunny is there more they are!

• Love 1

I'm so sorry.

Thank you.  I have come around to accepting this fact as I look at products and where to invest to leave a little bit for my kids.  I want to make it clear that I think it's wrong for previous military people to face this, but they have a lot of active support to get their situation changed.  Some of us never will.  And for Palin to so grossly exploit PTSD and try to blame it on Obama is beyond.

• Love 12

Wait, what, has no one yet mentioned that Sunni--during the topic about finances and whether a woman should have her own separate bank account--conceded that Miss Whoopi is the SAGE one?  And Miss Whoopi agreed with her?  And forced everyone to read from her stupid book?!

• Love 5

I missed Paula's joke. What was it? 

Paraphrasing here, she told Sarah that, after three babies, sex was like throwing a hotdog down a hallway.  I'd never heard that one, but an old friend of mine said it was like "throwing it out the window & screwing the world".  Just sayin'.

• Love 2

Thanks, backformore, for the hilarious Dumb and Dumber photo.I needed a good chuckle today. My only complaint about it is that they gave Trump's hairline too much frontal definition. His combover comes from way back further than that!

Edited by Kenz
  • Love 1

What is so odd about the Palin bit was that there seemed almost no quick look at the history of events.  Obama's legislation package that he put forth and saw passed his first year in office.  Before the public scandal of the long running fiasco the records system among other things was and had been for several administrations.  Including the Clinton one.  It was not partisan or a simple point the finger moment.  But there was a push it around on the desk and let the next President deal with in terms of Bush II.  Outrageous since the whole "support the troops" meme was put into overdrive as a catch all excuse for every single attempt by Cheney to erode individual rights under Alberto 'I don't Recall' Gonzales.  It amazes me that the panel seems to forget our own living history.  That Bush put us in that war. That Bush made legal the withdrawal and the timetable.  So Bush got her son there.  Bush then was the Commander in Chief that saw the end of his service even if Obama had been sworn in.  Obama passes a strong bill that expands Veterans care and services that Bush let sit on his desk for several years of two wars he lead the nation into committing.  How do these people scratch their heads over such idiocy and refuse to support it. and like Paula still find something to prop up Trump who brings out her out and stands next to that River of Babble-on making weird grimaces most of the time like some monkey not sure where he should fling his own poo.  He just knows he has a fresh handful and even he is getting tired of holding his own shit in his hand. 

It is odd how Palin seems so bent on blaming Obama for everything.  I remember when she was on the show and Rachel Maddow actually brought up her appearance later that night pointing out that everything Palin was screeching about Obama was actually either something Bush had initiated.  Or even better was policy that McCain was advocating as well.  I suspect at some point we will read the headline: "Palin Totals Vehicle; drunkenly blames Obama for Letting Chinese Create Climate control; causing road surface to be uncertain"

I just wish there was someone on the panel to break it down to show how false it all is without Joy inserting the matter of Bristol.  I do agree that it shows how much hypocrisy this family practices.  But it also has a bit of the partisan tone to it.  And no matter what party candidate is embracing her, truth is not partisanship.  and even politics can be more than hype-Bowl-ic lies, Miss Whoopi (had to get at least one in).

I missed Miss Whoopi trying to put Paula in a tough spot.  I think the best thing she could have done was simply lob the ball back in Miss  Whoopi's court though.  Let Miss Whoopi define the question, furrow the brow and so sweetly utter vague answer but then even more sweetly turn it around and ask Miss Whoopi if she could oh so please explain further since it would be wrong to utter things not 100% true .  Give that blustering ignorant fool enough rope to show how much she doesn't know.

Miss Whoopi: Are you a comic?

Sunny: (what she should have said, again sweetly) No, Joy and Michelle are the comics.  Pretty funny ones too (just to turn the screws -- I don't think either are really that funny).

• Love 8
Palin's idiotic remarks were lampooned all over the talk shows and com central shows. God, please let Trump dump her asap. Even his face, as she was speechifying was looking mystified.

No. no, don't let Trump dump her. The longer she stays with him, the quicker it will be to realize to tank his campaign. I mean she helped tank McCain, let her spread her Tankness to Trump. 

That woman is a disgrace to the female gender as a whole, and I hate her friggin guts. Same with Trump. If Trump gets elected, then I'm gonna become an illegal immigrant and sneak across the border to Canada, and find a way to live there. 

• Love 14

I may be mistaken and I hesitate to make a statement that isn't true, but I seem to recall Track Palin having problems with violent behavior years ago. Wasn't he given the choice of joining the military or going to jail around the time Sarah was running for office? So he cannot blame violent episodes on PTSD. (Apologies if he truly was diagnosed.) I suppose Obama is responsible for that too.

Edited by Haleth
  • Love 11

I may be mistaken and I hesitate to make a statement that isn't true, but I seem to recall Track Palin having problems with violent behavior years ago. Wasn't he given the choice of joining the military or going to jail around the time Sarah was running for office?

That's how I remember it, but I'd have to go spelunking through MudFlats or some such to find direct quotes on the subject.

• Love 3

More than a year ago there were a couple of incidents.  Some involving the cops.  Yet you never heard anything at PTSD then.  Which is odd since Palin usually would crawl out of Alaska to Fox or even whichever fringe element radio show to blame something on President Obama and keep her in the public eye.  Especially if it also meant she could spin any and all responsibility from her family.

• Love 2

There are lots of things I don't agree with Sunni Hostin about, but she was dead on today about stupid Stacy Dash and the trashy Sarah Palin and her offspring.  I need to see more of THIS Sunni.  And I was cringing when Paula tried to say that things like the BET Awards were divisive. Um, it wasn't the black community that started the racial divisiveness in our society, Paula.

Also, Sarah Palin, if your son has PTSD, maybe his abusive episode is a great example of why those who have mental health issues shouldn't be able to have firearms.  Just sayin'.

Edited by marny
  • Love 21

I may be mistaken and I hesitate to make a statement that isn't true, but I seem to recall Track Palin having problems with violent behavior years ago. Wasn't he given the choice of joining the military or going to jail around the time Sarah was running for office? So he cannot blame violent episodes on PTSD. (Apologies if he truly was diagnosed.) I suppose Obama is responsible for that too.

Yes he did go into the military to avoid jail. He was caught tampering with the brake lines of school buses in Wasilla. Not sure if they were cut or just bled out. Either way, it could have been a tragedy. This happened right around the time she became McCain's running mate.

• Love 10

What is so odd about the Palin bit was that there seemed almost no quick look at the history of events.  Obama's legislation package that he put forth and saw passed his first year in office.  Before the public scandal of the long running fiasco the records system among other things was and had been for several administrations.  Including the Clinton one.  It was not partisan or a simple point the finger moment.  But there was a push it around on the desk and let the next President deal with in terms of Bush II.  Outrageous since the whole "support the troops" meme was put into overdrive as a catch all excuse for every single attempt by Cheney to erode individual rights under Alberto 'I don't Recall' Gonzales.  It amazes me that the panel seems to forget our own living history.  That Bush put us in that war. That Bush made legal the withdrawal and the timetable.  So Bush got her son there.  Bush then was the Commander in Chief that saw the end of his service even if Obama had been sworn in.  Obama passes a strong bill that expands Veterans care and services that Bush let sit on his desk for several years of two wars he lead the nation into committing.  How do these people scratch their heads over such idiocy and refuse to support it. and like Paula still find something to prop up Trump who brings out her out and stands next to that River of Babble-on making weird grimaces most of the time like some monkey not sure where he should fling his own poo.  He just knows he has a fresh handful and even he is getting tired of holding his own shit in his hand. 

It is odd how Palin seems so bent on blaming Obama for everything.  I remember when she was on the show and Rachel Maddow actually brought up her appearance later that night pointing out that everything Palin was screeching about Obama was actually either something Bush had initiated.  Or even better was policy that McCain was advocating as well.  I suspect at some point we will read the headline: "Palin Totals Vehicle; drunkenly blames Obama for Letting Chinese Create Climate control; causing road surface to be uncertain"

I just wish there was someone on the panel to break it down to show how false it all is without Joy inserting the matter of Bristol.  I do agree that it shows how much hypocrisy this family practices.  But it also has a bit of the partisan tone to it.  And no matter what party candidate is embracing her, truth is not partisanship.  and even politics can be more than hype-Bowl-ic lies, Miss Whoopi (had to get at least one in).

I missed Miss Whoopi trying to put Paula in a tough spot.  I think the best thing she could have done was simply lob the ball back in Miss  Whoopi's court though.  Let Miss Whoopi define the question, furrow the brow and so sweetly utter vague answer but then even more sweetly turn it around and ask Miss Whoopi if she could oh so please explain further since it would be wrong to utter things not 100% true .  Give that blustering ignorant fool enough rope to show how much she doesn't know.

Miss Whoopi: Are you a comic?

Sunny: (what she should have said, again sweetly) No, Joy and Michelle are the comics.  Pretty funny ones too (just to turn the screws -- I don't think either are really that funny).

I agree, I would have asked Miss Whoopi what she meant by her question, since it is a pretty big topic.  But Paula seems to have her own way of handling Miss Whoopi, in fact, her first response was that what she knew about Black History was what she was taught in school and what she later sought out on her own.  Miss Whoopi wasn't having any of that, and asked her again, and Paula maintained her composure, and answered the same way.  Joy came in for the rescue to divert Miss Whoopi, saying that Booker T Washington was what everyone learned in school.

I liked how they  completely outed Stacey Dash for having appeared on Black Networks and magazines, after saying they should not exist.

• Love 5

IF Sarah Palin's son, who is living with her,  actually has PTSD as she claims then WHY does she have a house full of assault rifles, as he claimed?  I don't think even Palin can blame that on President Obama.  

Hahahaha, Miss Whoopi is still talking about how "sick" Candace is.     Give it up Whoopi, we all saw you lash out at her for no reason at all.  And I also saw Miss Whoopi go after Paula right out of the gate.   Damn.  

I guess every time that Whoopi acts like a humongous asshole (like on Monday), they have to follow-up with a damage control episode like this. Look how wise Whoopi is, look how she loves everyone, look at how respected she is, and funny, la la la. Yuck.

My  IPad is smarter than me and refused to play today's show after ten minutes.  

Why did she say it like that at all?  To anyone?   I think that Miss Whoopi is the one that doesn't know what she's talking about when it comes to American history.  She's proven it over and over including several times this week.

I may be a day behind on On Demand, but Joy's "foil-age" story was hilarious.

Hyper-BOWL!

That is all.

Miss Whoopi reading off her card and asking Joy, "What's your problem with hyper-bowl?"   will NEVER not be funny.   

Edited by Cosmocrush
  • Love 11

I would so have been fired if Miss Whoopi did that to me because I would have smiled nastily and told Miss Whoopi that I would be more than happy to share what I knew of Black History but better have someone check my facts with their phone since the last time it was a topic someone thought Blacks could not legally vote until the 1960s.  Or simply that I'd be happy to see what each other knew and keep score.  What with Miss Whoopi already in the hole over her 'facts' before, I'd even handicap her a point.

I keep seeing Miss Whoopi bent and shift in the same way that Hasselbeck did.  Hasselbeck would be chided and slightly change her ways for a few days and then back to the same old same old rudeness and shrillness and knee jerk false equivalence that never actually touched on the direct matter at hand.

I'm wondering if they already know the show is done.  That it has a lights out date and that date sits right where Miss Whoopi's contract runs out.  And to get paid she has to show up.  I also wonder if it has something to do with Paula.  She is not going to jeopardize the extra cash that is coming her way for what she knows is a finite time that helps loads with making a family of five more secure since even a newsdesk job is not always the most secure.  Also I remember hearing of a show, can't remember what it was, that had stipulations in regards to larger payouts for the number of episodes in a fiscal year.  It directly had to do with the people who do more shows than a written drama or sitcom,  It was maybe reality show related since some of those can be on several times a year in 'seasons'.  Like the Kardashians or Duggars.  But also news people and pop media shows like ET.  Anyway I wonder if that also might be an indication since the less they use certain individuals it might mean, depending on how their contract is written it keeps them at the lowest contractual payment that they signed for -- in other words for a sow like this they might have to be there a minimum, but they also have gradients to what they get paid to how often they are used.

Or it might mean whatever golden parachute they have written into their contract is kept at a minimum depending on how many episodes they shot/filmed.  I do know that can be a clause.  Disney is cheap and I can see them figuring to pay more people less if they know the show is gone at certain date.  Not so much wishful thinking so much as trying to apply a little logic bandaid to a gaping wound of 'why?"

• Love 4

I really don't understand the whole PC thing either. It's a talking point by a media living in a bubble. It's just like Palin, she's not relevant, but the press covers her endorsement because they need to fill some hours, it's the most press she's received in a long time. She has a limited audience.

I'm glad someone else said they. When some View ladies were saying things like "everybody's sick of pc" I'm thinking, not me. I never give it  thought because what people are calling pc, I was taught was "polite." So, it sounds to me as if they are saying "everybody's sick of being polite." I almost took t

The View discussion to facebook but decided against it since I don't want any FB friends lecturing me about some people are just too sensitive when you call them rude names. So, I'll ask here, "Is anybody here really sick of pc?" 

• Love 12