Type keyword(s) to search

Erika Girardi/Erika Jayne: Let them eat cake

• Start Topic

19 minutes ago, princelina said:

But that's how she always has talked about him, since her first season, so I didn't find that weird at all.  Then all of a sudden he's a scary, scary man that she had to sneak to leave and he'll never speak to her again AND a sad old man riddled with dementia and brain injuries who calls her every day

Oh, I agree completely - it was just so weird how all of the sudden she would work that praising Tom crap into convos out of nowhere at that time, and then…boom!  The timing of the “Tom The Saint” talk was just so weird.  Now, it all makes sense, of course.

I wonder if the total 180 was when she realized that she would definitely go down with the ship.   I think she had originally tried to cover her ass and play both sides, but didn’t expect to be viewed as complicit..  I wonder if she would’ve reacted differently if she had been promised immunity or something.  Would she have stayed defensive of him, maybe?  

10 minutes ago, WhatAmIWatching said:

She definitely had always spoken of him as if he hung the moon, but she seemed (to me) to be laying it on thicker than usual.
Gosh yes! The scary cheating virile man that she was afraid of, and had to run away from who was also the decrepit, failing old man with the exploding cataracts and addled brain, who called her daily begging for her to come back home. Oh, but she didn't take his calls. Oy.

What I found weird about her Tahoe comments was when she was saying how he was going to the office all day every day, even though covid had closed all the courts and everything. What was he doing there, avoiding her?

IF that was even true!  She could have been bullshitting about that, too - I’m thinkin it’s likely…

• Like 1
  • Love 3
40 minutes ago, WhatAmIWatching said:

She definitely had always spoken of him as if he hung the moon, but she seemed (to me) to be laying it on thicker than usual.
Gosh yes! The scary cheating virile man that she was afraid of, and had to run away from who was also the decrepit, failing old man with the exploding cataracts and addled brain, who called her daily begging for her to come back home. Oh, but she didn't take his calls. Oy.

What I found weird about her Tahoe comments was when she was saying how he was going to the office all day every day, even though covid had closed all the courts and everything. What was he doing there, avoiding her?

Not only that but she mentioned that he brought Morton's home for dinner every night.  Wasn't this also during covid?

• Like 3
  • Applause 1
  • Useful 2
  • Love 3
On 6/12/2022 at 12:52 PM, WhatAmIWatching said:

Here, Surrealist, I took this screenie just for you! 🤣 😂 

D04ED8AE-01FC-4D8D-A8AC-5246928E45B7.thumb.jpeg.d0a08f3aa45b7cfa6b4b969c4b4438ca.jpeg

Ewwww. Nightmare fuel.

38 minutes ago, Keywestclubkid said:

2.2 million ouch why do these people play with the IRS? They don’t play 

I'm worth significantly less money than Erika, and had to dig into my savings to pay my taxes this year. 🙄

• Like 1
  • Hugs 1
  • Love 10
2 hours ago, Keywestclubkid said:

2.2 million ouch why do these people play with the IRS? They don’t play 

I picture some IRS auditor who's a Housewife fan seeing the "do not have ability to pay" headline and being like "yes bitch, you do!"

• LOL 16
  • Love 4
1 hour ago, RealHousewife said:

I picture some IRS auditor who's a Housewife fan seeing the "do not have ability to pay" headline and being like "yes bitch, you do!"

The IRS will bargain with you to a point, they look at your age, earning potential and salary, they may lower the amount owed by some but the IRS lien will follow you till it is paid off.

• Like 1
  • Applause 1
  • Useful 8
(edited)

Yep, the I.R.S. DOES NOT play well with folks who run up a $2.2 MILLION tax bill and then says, " I can't afford to pay my taxes"....  This could be a bad sign the shit's about to hit the fan with Erika Jayne....

We can only hope!

Edited by goofygirl
  • LOL 1
  • Love 11
(edited)

So Erika owes taxes for 2019. She received Bravo income that year, yes? I wasn't watching at that time.

It's especially stupid of her to fail to pay, because other housewives have very publicly gotten chastised (and fined) for not paying their income taxes (self-employed, 1099 income as independent contractors). I think the really stupid one on RHoP got caught twice.

Erika's all "my business manager/accountant is looking this over." Honey, you're just stalling for time.

https://dlisted.com/2022/06/17/erika-jayne-owes-california-2-2-million-in-taxes-but-intends-to-keep-her-glam-squad/#more-426211

Edited by pasdetrois
  • Love 8
(edited)
On 6/17/2022 at 5:08 PM, pasdetrois said:

So Erika owes taxes for 2019. She received Bravo income that year, yes? I wasn't watching at that time.

It's especially stupid of her to fail to pay, because other housewives have very publicly gotten chastised (and fined) for not paying their income taxes (self-employed, 1099 income as independent contractors). I think the really stupid one on RHoP got caught twice.

Erika's all "my business manager/accountant is looking this over." Honey, you're just stalling for time.

https://dlisted.com/2022/06/17/erika-jayne-owes-california-2-2-million-in-taxes-but-intends-to-keep-her-glam-squad/#more-426211

I think she is a HW since 2016.

She cannot pay her taxes, but she was wearing a Pucci coverup and a black netted Moschino (the logo was on) swimsuit/coverup at the beach in Mexico. She also cannot quit her glam squad because she "downsized enough already."

Edited by ZettaK
  • Like 1
  • Mind Blown 3
  • Fire 1
  • Applause 3
  • Love 5
4 hours ago, ZettaK said:

I think she is a HW since 2016.

She cannot pay her taxes, but she was wearing a Pucci coverup and a black netted Moschino (the logo was on) swimsuit at the beach in Mexico. She also cannot quit her glam squad because she "downsized enough already."

I was listening to the Kelly Dodd recap of RHOBH and she was discussing how RHOC take half their paycheck and put it is a separate account automatically (I am pretty sure Vicki started this and they follow suit) so they did not touch the money until after her accountant did her taxes.

It is apparent Ericka is not saving any money from taxes because when I take my paychecks I literally lose about half to taxes.  II plugged in 1MM to a paycheck calculator and it said that bring home monthly would be around $44,000 and while that sounds wonderful there is absolutely no way she could afford a glam squad on this money.

I guess paying taxes is only for us lowlifes and widows, orphans and burn victims

• Like 1
  • Mind Blown 2
  • Useful 4
  • Love 10
3 hours ago, Slakkie said:

I was listening to the Kelly Dodd recap of RHOBH and she was discussing how RHOC take half their paycheck and put it is a separate account automatically (I am pretty sure Vicki started this and they follow suit) so they did not touch the money until after her accountant did her taxes.

It is apparent Ericka is not saving any money from taxes because when I take my paychecks I literally lose about half to taxes.  II plugged in 1MM to a paycheck calculator and it said that bring home monthly would be around $44,000 and while that sounds wonderful there is absolutely no way she could afford a glam squad on this money.

I guess paying taxes is only for us lowlifes and widows, orphans and burn victims

who are the real thief's "allegedly" because they are the ones trying to "scam" LOL she is soo full of shit 

• Like 1
  • Love 6
(edited)
19 hours ago, pasdetrois said:

If you read pretty far down, it says she owes the CA state franchise board for taxes.  This goes back to the investigation that the “company” she created for her “business”.  She declared major losses for all but one year (of more than 10 IIRC).  The state decided the company” was fake and just a way to deduct personal expenses.

Edited by Mrs peel
Or and of don’t mean the same thing!
  • Like 1
  • Fire 1
  • Useful 8
  • Love 4
(edited)
3 hours ago, Mrs peel said:

If you read pretty far down, it says she owes the CA state franchise board for taxes.

Understood. What strikes me is that is a huge amount for one year, regardless of type of tax. It implies that she was the recipient of a very large volume of money. Surely if one government entity has this perspective, all of them will (e.g., income tax).

Various people have posited since this mess started that it's the tax burden that will get her. A family friend was an IRS investigator for many years. At one time IRS agents abused their authority, and received significant media coverage over the years as a result, but now they are very scrupulous and careful as they build a case.

Edited by pasdetrois
  • Applause 1
  • Useful 2
  • Love 1

I'm old enough to remember when Sutton felt sorry enough for Erika to offer her a loan to help her get back on her feet, and Erika went full evil on her. Something that continues to this day.

• Like 2
  • Love 21
On 6/18/2022 at 9:43 AM, Surrealist said:

I'm old enough to remember when Sutton felt sorry enough for Erika to offer her a loan to help her get back on her feet, and Erika went full evil on her. Something that continues to this day.

Yeah, Erika has balls of steel when she’s going in on someone she perceives as “weaker”, or less influential.  

I feel like she’s continuing to go hard for her now (through Crystal) because she is scared to death of the stronger Sutton.  She can’t stand that Sutton makes valid points and knows that others agree with her.  

She’ll never forgive Sutton for shutting down her bullshit “I’m innocent!” narrative.  She doesn’t realize that a kindergartener could’ve seen through her act.

• Like 1
  • Applause 8
  • Love 7
(edited)
On 6/18/2022 at 11:16 AM, Mrs peel said:

If you read pretty far down, it says she owes the CA state franchise board for taxes.  This goes back to the investigation that the “company” she created for her “business”.  She declared major losses for all but one year (of more than 10 IIRC).  The state decided the company” was fake and just a way to deduct personal expenses.

I assume the losses were for the years she didn't have a "career", before she joined the HWs. And more money was funneled from her husband to her company after to promote this career. This is not federal income tax, it's state tax (California), as it was stated already. Not only she cannot afford to pay the $2 plus million (she said), she is also refusing to hand a $700,000 pair of earrings to the bankruptcy trustee because she claims she was not aware there were purchased with funds intended for victims- her husband was always rich. Is she going to face any consequences? This is tax fraud. She probably won't. She might have to pay a portion after negotiations, or file for bankruptcy like Theresa Guidice.  

Edited by ZettaK
  • Mind Blown 2
  • Useful 2
  • Love 3
4 hours ago, ZettaK said:

I assume the losses were for the years she didn't have a "career", before she joined the HWs. And more money was funneled from her husband to her company after to promote this career. This is not federal income tax, it's state tax (California), as it was stated already. Not only she cannot afford to pay the $2 plus million (she said), she is also refusing to hand a $700,000 pair of earrings to the bankruptcy trustee because she claims she was not aware there were purchased with funds intended for victims- her husband was always rich. Is she going to face any consequences? This is tax fraud. She probably won't. She might have to pay some amount after negotiations, or file for bankruptcy like Theresa Guidice.  

I don’t know why, but the bolded makes my blood boil - Bitch, turn over the f-ing earrings!   Whether or not you “knew” they were purchased with those funds…you know NOW!

• Fire 1
  • Love 22
6 hours ago, ZettaK said:

She might have to pay some amount after negotiations, or file for bankruptcy like Theresa Guidice

😡😡 What makes me the angriest about this is the fact that if it was me they be taking my car, house and anything of value I own to settle the debt. 
How is it that celebrities always are allowed to skate or have reduced consequences? 
This (I won’t call her a lady or woman as real ones have hearts) _____ still has money. Someone is paying for her lawyers, lifestyle and travel. 

• Applause 8
  • Love 9
12 hours ago, ZettaK said:

I assume the losses were for the years she didn't have a "career", before she joined the HWs. And more money was funneled from her husband to her company after to promote this career. This is not federal income tax, it's state tax (California), as it was stated already. Not only she cannot afford to pay the $2 plus million (she said), she is also refusing to hand a $700,000 pair of earrings to the bankruptcy trustee because she claims she was not aware there were purchased with funds intended for victims- her husband was always rich. Is she going to face any consequences? This is tax fraud. She probably won't. She might have to pay a portion after negotiations, or file for bankruptcy like Theresa Guidice.  

You cannot declare bankruptcy against taxes so she is completely screwed on that.  Pretty sure FTB and IRS do not consider her ugly glam "art"  She will be expected to start paying back taxes soon.  Tom really screwed her in the end - she should have divorced him a year before and she would have ended up in much better shape.

• Like 2
  • Useful 7
  • LOL 1
  • Love 5
33 minutes ago, Slakkie said:

You cannot declare bankruptcy against taxes so she is completely screwed on that.  Pretty sure FTB and IRS do not consider her ugly glam "art"  She will be expected to start paying back taxes soon.  Tom really screwed her in the end - she should have divorced him a year before and she would have ended up in much better shape.

The tax authorities can garnish her income from the show and her endorsements.

• Like 2
  • Applause 7
  • Useful 2
  • Love 5
On 6/18/2022 at 12:28 PM, pasdetrois said:

Understood. What strikes me is that is a huge amount for one year, regardless of type of tax. It implies that she was the recipient of a very large volume of money. Surely if one government entity has this perspective, all of them will (e.g., income tax).

Various people have posited since this mess started that it's the tax burden that will get her. A family friend was an IRS investigator for many years. At one time IRS agents abused their authority, and received significant media coverage over the years as a result, but now they are very scrupulous and careful as they build a case.

That’s the way it usually works. Think Al Capone, for a notorious example. You can skirt the law and play games all you want, but at the end of the day, Uncle Sam will get his money.

Take her money from the show, take all her assets, whatever it takes. She’s gotten away with this, and rubbed too many people’s faces in it, for far too long. 

• Applause 2
  • Useful 2
  • Love 16

She’s such garbage. The fact that the other ladies still support her makes them look even worse then they already do. Go take the fucking earrings from her. These stupid rich assholes never paying taxes get away with everything and just continue to live the life. I once didn’t file my taxes for four years in my 20s I was being stupid and I ended up getting cut off from medical and getting into all this shit. It all worked out cause I filed my taxes but it makes me insane sometimes what rich garbage ppl get away with.

• Like 1
  • Applause 10
  • Love 4
(edited)
17 hours ago, CallmeCray said:

I don’t know why, but the bolded makes my blood boil - Bitch, turn over the f-ing earrings!   Whether or not you “knew” they were purchased with those funds…you know NOW!

I thought she finally turned over the earrings a couple of months ago. 

Edited by emmawoodhouse
  • Applause 1
  • Useful 2
6 hours ago, emmawoodhouse said:

I thought she finally turned over the earrings a couple of months ago. 

shedidafterthecourt forced her to - now she is trying to get them back.

• Mind Blown 9
  • Useful 2
  • LOL 1
On 6/15/2022 at 4:39 PM, Baltimore Betty said:

The IRS will bargain with you to a point, they look at your age, earning potential and salary, they may lower the amount owed by some but the IRS lien will follow you till it is paid off.

I hope they watch the show. 

• Like 2
  • Applause 5
  • Love 2
7 hours ago, Slakkie said:

shedidafterthecourt forced her to - now she is trying to get them back.

Those weren’t the original they were the ones bought with the insurance money to replace the originals .. or that’s what I heard 

• Like 1
  • Useful 2
1 hour ago, Keywestclubkid said:

Those weren’t the original they were the ones bought with the insurance money to replace the originals .. or that’s what I heard 

So where are the originals? If she still has them, that's blatant fraud.

• Love 5
49 minutes ago, emmawoodhouse said:

They are claiming the original were stolen I think that’s why she has these that were paid for by the insurance on the other ones or something like that it got a bit confusing 

• Applause 1
  • Useful 4
48 minutes ago, Keywestclubkid said:

They are claiming the original were stolen I think that’s why she has these that were paid for by the insurance on the other ones or something like that it got a bit confusing 

I don't buy that bullshit for a second. 

• Applause 1
  • Love 10
1 hour ago, emmawoodhouse said:

The jewelry was not insured (the original set)  You have to wonder if there was a theft at all or if it was for tax purposes

• Useful 1
  • Love 3

Found it.

Erika Jayne has suggested in new court documents that the $750,000 earrings she recently turned over amid estranged husband Thomas Girardi‘s bankruptcy and a $25 million lawsuit filed against her were actually part of a past insurance claim

https://realityblurb.com/2022/06/15/rhobh-erika-jayne-owes-2-2-million-in-taxes-claims-750k-earrings-were-replacement-for-stolen-ones-plus-past-audit-is-uncovered/

• Mind Blown 3
  • Useful 1
(edited)
4 hours ago, 65mickey said:

Who in God's name needs or even wants a pair of $700,000 earrings? This is ridiculous. 

Agree. I'm someone who likes nice things, but nice to me is not $700,000 earrings. 

I used to tell myself not to judge too much because maybe it's something you need tremendous wealth to understand and surely these women give back a lot. Knowing what we know about the Girardis and how so many Americans are struggling just to pay rent and parents going without food to feed their children, it's literally gross to me. 

Edited by RealHousewife
  • Like 3
  • Love 11
(edited)
1 hour ago, Slakkie said:

You have to wonder if there was a theft at all or if it was for tax purposes

Or money laundering. Erika bragged about her and Tom having many financial accounts, and she or someone else winked that tracing them would be difficult. Kinda like it's all a fun game to hide one's money and its source. I think this was stated when the scandal first broke and Erika was being defiant. Or trying to shift the blame to Tom. "I don't know nuthin' about all his shenanigans." Didn't she actually say "they will never find it"?

Edited by pasdetrois
  • Mind Blown 3
  • Useful 1
  • Love 1
13 hours ago, Keywestclubkid said:

BULLSHIT.

• Applause 2
  • Love 7
10 hours ago, pasdetrois said:

Or money laundering. Erika bragged about her and Tom having many financial accounts, and she or someone else winked that tracing them would be difficult. Kinda like it's all a fun game to hide one's money and its source. I think this was stated when the scandal first broke and Erika was being defiant. Or trying to shift the blame to Tom. "I don't know nuthin' about all his shenanigans." Didn't she actually say "they will never find it"?

I believe she did when she was getting all defensive at the reunion.

I’d like to hope that they will get her in the end, but I keep thinking of  F. Scott Fitzgerald and Ernest Hemingway: Fitzgerald: “The rich are different from you and me.” Hemingway: “Yes. They have more money.” And money lets them get away with one hell of a lot, sadly, including tax evasion and fraud.

There’s nothing more I would love to see than Erika back at that dive bar in Jersey waitressing for tips (that are garnished to pay back the victims).

• Love 12
13 hours ago, 65mickey said:

Who in God's name needs or even wants a pair of $700,000 earrings? This is ridiculous. 

If I were to wear them everyone would assume they were fake.  Where do I go that I would even need a pair of $700,000 earrings, the food store? The dry cleaners?  Where does she go that she needs them?

• Like 1
  • LOL 7
  • Love 4
On 6/18/2022 at 11:28 AM, pasdetrois said:

Except they incorporated the “business” years before RH.  She had started the other persona years before RH.  Someone posted an article about it a while ago - they claimed large losses for like 10 out of 11 years.  The tax board was investigating whether the entire business was just a sham to deduct personal expenses.  If they deny most of the “expenses” and she had actual income, you can probably get up there with interest and penalties.

• Useful 4
  • Love 2
6 hours ago, Baltimore Betty said:

If I were to wear them everyone would assume they were fake.  Where do I go that I would even need a pair of $700,000 earrings, the food store? The dry cleaners?  Where does she go that she needs them?

My new favorite term - “the food store”! Love it!

• Like 2
  • LOL 6
1 hour ago, CallmeCray said:

My new favorite term - “the food store”! Love it!

Maybe that is a Baltimore thing, the food store is just what we call it and now that does sound funny.  I can use it in a sentence, "I have to go to the food store," geeze that does sound silly.

I do like to say I have to go to the jewelry store, that sounds normal.

• Wink 4
  • Love 3
1 hour ago, Baltimore Betty said:

Maybe that is a Baltimore thing, the food store is just what we call it and now that does sound funny.  I can use it in a sentence, "I have to go to the food store," geeze that does sound silly.

I do like to say I have to go to the jewelry store, that sounds normal.

I think it sounds way more fun than "the grocery store"!  It could also apply to any establishment where there is food, so if you leave and say you're headed to the food store, change your mind and end up at a restaurant instead, nobody can say you were fibbing!

• Wink 2
  • Applause 1
  • LOL 8
  • Love 1
12 hours ago, Baltimore Betty said:

She wears them when she washes her clothes.

• Like 3
  • LOL 4

I cannot tell you how badly I despise this woman’s voice.  She’s got about a thousand different versions of it, and I loathe every single one.  They’re all worse than nails on a chalkboard.  

Then there’s that cackle…🙄

• Like 1
  • Applause 4
  • LOL 1
  • Love 8
(edited)

The earrings story seems convoluted. Erika said that the earrings are in a safety box until the case is resolved legally. And their value is now $1.4 million (the $750,000 was the value in 2007, or 2008). I cannot believe that this woman refuses to give the earrings so that the victims may receive some money. She can also pay the taxes she owes (she has the income), but she doesn't want to. 

Edited by ZettaK
  • Like 1
  • Love 5