Type keyword(s) to search

S06.E06: Hamptons, 90210

• Start Topic

As for Kyle - I'm going to be on her side, and then against her.  On her side:  her pain when she was describing what was going on with Kim was intense and real and visible.  I kind of wonder about anyone who can't empathize with that.  Against her: it's not fair to get angry at the other women when they bring Kim up on camera.  Kyle, Kim has been on the show for five seasons.  Last season in particular, her behavior made everyone miserable.  I understand that as her sister you're frustrated that she isn't here to defend herself.  But it is ridiculous to think that they're not going to talk about it, and it is completely unfair to compare them talking about Kim to you protecting their "secrets" on camera.  Kim is responsible for her situation, and no one - especially not LVP, LR, Eileen, etc. - are morally obligated to protect her now.

Which is why they really shouldn't have family members: sisters, in-laws, cousins, etc. on these shows as housewives. It doesn't work and it brings too much angst into it.  The HW's have every right to address and discuss Kim's issues as it was news over the summer and she was a part of the show for 5 seasons. In addition, there were her constant denials, her accusations, etc.    Yet, it has to danced around because of Kyle - who, if Kim wasn't her sister, would be discussing it along with the rest of them.  The sister act ended up putting Kyle  in a difficult situation as far as the show goes and that affects the rest of them.

And - if one needs any other proof that it doesn't work - look no further than RHONJ.  The show started sinking after they added the Gorgas and Wakiles.  

And add me to the list of those that have absolutely no interest in seeing Bethenny.  In fact, I groaned when I saw her. 

"Ken? Is Giggy okay darling? Is it too noisy for him or is he alright?"  DUH Lisa, it's a damned helipcopter. What if it was too noisy for Giggy, what's the alternative? I got it.... open the door and drop him out on the tarmack, there you go.

This!  Yes - I thought exactly the same thing - exactly what are you going to do if it's too noisy for Giggy? LOL

Edited by mwell345
  • Love 12

Ouch!  Crying is a common reaction after anesthesia.  For a lot of reasons.  Ever have surgery?

Yes, I've had 8 major surgeries to date.  Never woke up sobbing, but clearly that is pretty unique based on all of the other posts I'm reading this morning. 

Perhaps my patience with Yo had run completely out after this.  Starting with only calling Gigi prior to being sedated, then bringing her medical coach or whatever she's called with her INTO the operating room for running commentary and photos, seeing her jacked up implant, and then at the end (cherry on the top, if you will) when the doctor Is talking to David to go over everything found and done -- she needs David NOW!  Yes, Now!  She is crying and needs to see him!!   So ridiculous, imo.  From personal experience, it is kind of important for the doctor to fill the family member in on the surgery -- she wouldn't be able to comprehend or remember after anesthesia wore off. 

My apologies to any posters that I offended - it just isn't my personal experience to wake up crying, but I do not doubt those that have had that reaction.  In Yo's case, I take it with a grain of salt because I am over her dramatics.

• Love 17

So good, HumblePi.  Every word.

Especially about Erika Jayne.  The first time I saw her naked-wiggle herself into that catsuit during a promo, my eyes rolled clear to the back of my skull.  But I'm kind of enjoying her now.  I can, however, do without her and her sycophant talking about vag. 

• Love 4

I was glad to see some Cleveland love especially after seeing another disappointing year of the Browns.

I also liked seeing the behind the scenes at QVC. LisaR is very popular there.

• Love 8

My apologies to any posters that I offended - it just isn't my personal experience to wake up crying, but I do not doubt those that have had that reaction.  In Yo's case, I take it with a grain of salt because I am over her dramatics.

I get it.  I'm over the Yo storyline, too.  I apologize if my response to your post was combative.  I'll be honest - I was feeling combative after I read it. I understand why people don't like Yo, I'm one of them.  But sometimes I wish she would be cut some slack because I think there's some mental illness going on there.  Then, when I read your post about her having to take several seats for crying, and knowing that I cried once after surgery, well, LOL, my combat boots went on.  And also because I was so hoping that this weeks discussion, here, wouldn't be all about Yo.

Still hoping for that....

• Love 12

Which is why they really shouldn't have family members: sisters, in-laws, cousins, etc. on these shows as housewives. It doesn't work and it brings too much angst into it.  The HW's have every right to address and discuss Kim's issues as it was news over the summer and she was a part of the show for 5 seasons. In addition, there were her constant denials, her accusations, etc.    Yet, it has to danced around because of Kyle - who, if Kim wasn't her sister, would be discussing it along with the rest of them.  The sister act ended up putting Kyle  in a difficult situation as far as the show goes and that affects the rest of them.

And - if one needs any other proof that it doesn't work - look no further than RHONJ.  The show started sinking after they added the Gorgas and Wakiles.  

And add me to the list of those that have absolutely no interest in seeing Bethenny.  In fact, I groaned when I saw her. 

This!  Yes - I thought exactly the same thing - exactly what are you going to do if it's too noisy for Giggy? LOL

The h/w's are given contracts with large salaries simply because they are related. I don't feel sorry for any hw that has sibling drama on their show. If Kyle doesn't want to talk about what is going with Kim then she should stop renewing her contract with Bravo. Yet she has continued to do so, for 6 seasons now. Same goes for the NJ Housewives. Bravo doesn't pay the h/w's hundreds of thousands of dollars over the years to watch them sip politely from teacups and chat about butterflies. Sibling rivalry, jealousy, mental illness and substance abuse are what warms Andy Cohen's cockles (ewww, did I just say that??!). And the h/w's fully know it. No sympathy from me. .

• Love 11

Lisa's publicist didn't book the event, Bella Magazine did. It was the magazine's event to launch the magazine itself. Again, there was no reason that Kyle couldn't give Lisa a phone call when she/Eileen decided to stay elsewhere, none. Also, there was no reason given for why they left OR where they were now staying in that note to Lisa, just that they decided to stay somewhere else AND Lisa had to call them. Rude IMO, rude.

Bella Magazine had to book the event with Lisa's publicist.  That is what I meant by booking the event.  It takes at least two parties.

Lisa didn't want a phone call she wanted them to wait until she arrived.  They decided to get another place and get relaxed and ready for Lisa/Bella's party.  Eileen asked Lisa to call so she could get the particulars.  My guess is when Lisa and Ken arrived there was little doubt with the blaring music why the women left.  You keep saying it is rude, not to me, if none of the room business had anything to do with Lisa then why are the other women so rude to leave?   At some point, even though you don't think Lisa had to stay at the motel, someone clued the rest in that it would not be appropriate for Ken and Lisa to go to another place before the party.   Lisa had Ken, it is not as if they left her high and dry and alone.  You leave a note and ask someone to call so it is done at their convenience.  This way Lisa could choose to have the cameras or not, it would not interrupt her photo shoot, helicopter ride or anything else.  The phone call becomes at Lisa's convenience.

• Love 11

I thought Erika looked stunning in the restaurant with her husband. Go with that look all the time honey.

I like Kyle, Eileen and Lisar much more than I like Lisa V, but they were just rude IMO. I understand why they didn't want to stay in that hotel. According to Eileen in her blog, it was not a great place to stay.  This is what she had to say about it:

"The hotel we were supposed to stay in was lovely, except for the fact that our rooms were right off the pool. The pool where the club tracks started playing promptly at 9 AM! Not only was there no room service, the one restaurant available didn’t even open until 1 PM. No food before 1 PM. is not OK. There wasn’t even a Jack-in-the-Box close by. Kyle was definitely feeling my pain, because with equal enthusiasm we escaped from the hell of the town’s “biggest and baddest nightclub experience.” No. Thank. You. The happiness I felt being in that beautiful home (thanks, Mauricio!), where I could sleep in peace and be in the vicinity of a fully-stocked fridge was unparalleled. Lisa R. felt the same way after her five-hour drive.

Despite being exhausted from traveling, work, and not sleeping, the three of us got all dressed up and went to the white party to support Lisa V.’s cover of Bella Magazine. I didn’t think moving would be a problem. I agree with Lisa R.--it shouldn’t matter where we are sleeping, we showed up! I guess I was wrong. Plus, I was always taught it was polite to leave a note!"

I get it all, but they should have done more than just leave a note. They should have called her - or at least left her a voice mail - and told her that the hotel sucked and that they were thinking of getting a house. Would she be interested in joining them? To completely exclude her was just rude. 

Regarding the house, folks are assuming that it was a rental that Mauricio was able to secure at a moment's notice. It might have been a vacant house that was on the market, ready for showings. If the sellers were actively trying to sell the home, they might not have had long-term rental plans made. It might have just been sitting there empty. 

Yea, Lisa V is being a stealth bitch about Kim. I get it, I really do. Kim was a total bitch to her. The thing is, Lisa knows that this is a sensitive subject to Kyle. She knows that while Kyle might talk about it on the show in bits and pieces, Kyle will want to control the narrative, just as any person would want to do in that situation. Kyle shouldn't expect to be able to do this on a reality show when dealing with her enemies (for example if Brandi was still on) but she probably expects to be able to do it when it comes to her friend. She expects for Lisa to go along with her, be sympathetic and supportive, but not to go over the naughty details of the arrest, etc. on camera. I've never ever heard Lisa talk so openly on camera about things that are going on off camera. It is clear that Kyle is upset about it, and was way back in Italy, but Lisa persists.  I don't think this is going to end well and I hate it. 

Edited by motorcitymom65
  • Love 14

Did Lisa ever thank them for traveling such a long distance just to go to a party to celebrate her cover? I wonder if travel expenses were free and if getting a home sitter (not that they need one) was factored it? Was it a vacation or a work event? Either way, you would expect a quiet room and available food. I'd get a migraine with all the sleep deprivation, lack of food and noise.

• Love 12
Also, Lisa was NOT in charge of anything connected to the Hamptons trip, it was all prearranged by Bella Magazine and/or production. How hard would it have been for Kyle, as she is closest to Lisa, to call her? Really? Just 1 quick phone call to explain how bad it was in THEIR rooms was all it would have taken BUT NO, neither Kyle or Eileen could take the time to make that call. AND It was Eileen that left the note for Lisa, Kyle couldn't have been bothered to let her friend know they bailed on her before she arrived.  Rude, it was rude of both women but Eileen gets at least 1 point in her favor because she at least left a note for her.

I don't understand why this is a big deal. They're still out there with her in the Hamptons. They're all grown women. Why does Lisa need a phone call to prepare her for the fact that her friends moved hotels because there was a mariachi band playing under their window all night? She can join them if she wants, but she's staying for free in the hotel with a set up from the magazine or whatever so she's going to check in--it's not just a group vacation. Leave a note at the hotel, text, talk to her after she's there. It all adds up to the same thing.

I suspect the other aspect to the Kim situation is the family. I'll bet it's not only an issue that Kim was arrested but that Kyle found out on TMZ because she's removed herself so much from Kim's drama. I think every time it comes up she's got a ton of complicated feelings about being "outside" of the whole thing now. 

• Love 20

Am I the only one who has no Giggy love? Can't stand the little rat. Damn thing can't walk because he's held all the time.

I have no Giggy love either, and this is from someone who used to have a relative with a Pomeranian who was a wonderful dog.  However, since we know that Giggy recently died, seeing the poor thing trying and unable to get up the step it was clear to me he suffered from arthritis.  Our Lab passed away in May and he couldn't handle stairs at the end, either.  We had to use a baby gate to keep him from trying.  When Lisa and Ken were commanding him to get up the step, I was yelling, "He CAN'T!  Help him!"

• Love 5

I thought Erika looked stunning in the restaurant with her husband. Go with that look all the time honey.

I like Kyle, Eileen and Lisar much more than I like Lisa V, but they were just rude IMO. I understand why they didn't want to stay in that hotel. According to Eileen in her blog, it was not a great place to stay.  This is what she had to say about it:

"The hotel we were supposed to stay in was lovely, except for the fact that our rooms were right off the pool. The pool where the club tracks started playing promptly at 9 AM! Not only was there no room service, the one restaurant available didn’t even open until 1 PM. No food before 1 PM. is not OK. There wasn’t even a Jack-in-the-Box close by. Kyle was definitely feeling my pain, because with equal enthusiasm we escaped from the hell of the town’s “biggest and baddest nightclub experience.” No. Thank. You. The happiness I felt being in that beautiful home (thanks, Mauricio!), where I could sleep in peace and be in the vicinity of a fully-stocked fridge was unparalleled. Lisa R. felt the same way after her five-hour drive.

Despite being exhausted from traveling, work, and not sleeping, the three of us got all dressed up and went to the white party to support Lisa V.’s cover of Bella Magazine. I didn’t think moving would be a problem. I agree with Lisa R.--it shouldn’t matter where we are sleeping, we showed up! I guess I was wrong. Plus, I was always taught it was polite to leave a note!"

I get it all, but they should have done more than just leave a note. They should have called her - or at least left her a voice mail - and told her that the hotel sucked and that they were thinking of getting a house. Would she be interested in joining them? To completely exclude her was just rude. 

Regarding the house, folks are assuming that it was a rental that Mauricio was able to secure at a moment's notice. It might have been a vacant house that was on the market, ready for showings. If the sellers were actively trying to sell the home, they might not have had long-term rental plans made. It might have just been sitting there empty. 

Yea, Lisa V is being a stealth bitch about Kim. I get it, I really do. Kim was a total bitch to her. The thing is, Lisa knows that this is a sensitive subject to Kyle. She knows that while Kyle might talk about it on the show in bits and pieces, Kyle will want to control the narrative, just as any person would want to do in that situation. Kyle shouldn't expect to be able to do this on a reality show when dealing with her enemies (for example if Brandi was still on) but she probably expects to be able to do it when it comes to her friend. She expects for Lisa to go along with her, be sympathetic and supportive, but not to go over the naughty details of the arrest, etc. on camera. I've never ever heard Lisa talk so openly on camera about things that are going on off camera. It is clear that Kyle is upset about it, and was way back in Italy, but Lisa persists.  I don't think this is going to end well and I hate it. 

ITA, mcm.  Even the part about liking Kyle, Eileen and LisaR more than LisaV. What?? LOL

I don't think it's going to end well either.  That said, I don't think Lisa V has ever really treasured Kyle as a friend.  I've never agreed when people would talk about how hurt/jealous Lisa was when Kyle would hang out with Taylor or whomever. I don't think Lisa has EVER truly cared about Kyle. 

It's always been my observation that Lisa always felt so superior to Kyle.  Lisa likes her pets.  I think in the beginning, before she realized how easily she could lure Brandi to do her dirty work, that Kyle was in her sights for that job.  I'm no fan of Kyle but even I know that Kyle is better than that.  Rinna, on the other hand....

Edited by ryebread
  • Love 8

That was especially hard to watch for me knowing that they are about to break up.  He just doesn't seem to have the compassion gene.  He's self centered and it shows.  I mean, no matter what the reason for them breaking up, he has to know he's going to look like Douche of the Century for leaving her while she's sick.  I don't care if she is the one wanting the divorce, there is no way to get around him looking like a dick.  Really bad timing on their parts when it comes to his image.  It was also a very poor choice of words that he used once Yolanda was in recovery.  "You're done!  Finished!  All that stuff is out!"  And mentally I added, "So I'm leaving you!"  smdh

They seemed normal to me as a couple that has been married for 15 years.  I admire them for not playing up for the cameras like Yolanda and David and the "My love"s.

I am going to re-watch the episode, because my initial reaction was that David was thinking the health ordeal would finally be over.  Also, I am in the minority as I wasn't offended by David grabbing Yo's boob in the limo -- felt as though he was trying to lighten the mood or ease her anxiety.  IMO

I get it.  I'm over the Yo storyline, too.  I apologize if my response to your post was combative.  I'll be honest - I was feeling combative after I read it. I understand why people don't like Yo, I'm one of them.  But sometimes I wish she would be cut some slack because I think there's some mental illness going on there.  Then, when I read your post about her having to take several seats for crying, and knowing that I cried once after surgery, well, LOL, my combat boots went on.  And also because I was so hoping that this weeks discussion, here, wouldn't be all about Yo.

Still hoping for that....

We are all good, ryebread!  I posted my knee jerk reaction as soon as the episode was over, and didn't put too much thought into my verbage.  I completely agree with you that there is some type of mental illness going on....I have posted previously that she reminds me of my mother in law quite a bit.  Always the drama for attention - perhaps that's is why I get angry so quickly? LOL

• Love 6

By leaving a note there was no discussion, the ladies did what they wanted to do for their own comfort.  I don't understand why Lisa, if it was just to support her cover, had to be apprised blow by blow of every move. Would Lisa ask the same of any other friends who were invited to a party to support her, where they were staying? Quite honestly it is not as if production could not have told her. 

Lisa Vanderpump was not excluded-she said she could not just pick up and leave as the hotel was one of hosts of the party where she was the guest of honor.

I agree about the status of the house- there are so many variables.  It could be a house the owners don't normally rent but agreed to because of a friendship with Mauricio or another broker-or a house they want to put on the market very soon.

There cannot be enough inquiries into Kim's behavior- I just wish instead of asking Kyle they would just gossip amongst themselves.  There would probably be far more entertaining moments than let's make Kyle uncomfortable.  Of course I thought when they were asking Kyle about Kim she should have said, "I was saving the surprise for all of you Kim is back waiting at the house and wants to share a room with Lisa Rinna."  "Surprise!!!"

• Love 9

Oh I am SO glad I had the foresight to change the channel when they began Yo's surgery.  I cannot stomach the thought of what that nasty implant must have looked like.

LisaR at QVC was cracking me up. When she was fawning over Issac M and that other dude, I couldn't help but think about the description of her from one of those review blogs (either Trash Talk TV or Vulture?) where they call her a "walking Amazon.com review." (Those earrings are fabulous and life-affirming 10 STARS!!!)  That said, I think somebody with her personality is MADE to be a saleswoman and I'm not surprised at how well she's done in that arena. Plus, I really liked that sweater she was hawking. I am actually gonna look at QVC to see if it's available.

Shelby, on 05 Jan 2016 - 10:22 PM, said:

Poor Yolanda, her diminished mental capacity made her put the milk in the cabinet! And she had to point it out for the housekeeper!

Eileen's dog is so freaking adorable. I would love to snuggle with that big furry fella!

I love Eileen's, LisaR's and Kyle's dog (River?)!  They are all so cute and cuddly looking.  Giggy can kick rocks! ;) j/k I love all animals (but some more than others)

WireWrap, on 05 Jan 2016 - 10:55 PM, said:

Why in the world didn't 1 of them call Lisa? Tell her what was going on and that they were going to go to a house Mauricio (really production) arranged for them as soon as they made that decision? What they did was RUDE, very rude and I would be hurt/upset as well. JMO

Not to mention that Kim had been ugly to/about Lisa in the tabloids/interviews/press before AND DURING filming.

Of course that was my initial thought: like, wtf, just text her, FFS! But it had to be producer-driven that they weren't allowed to call or text Lisa with the heads-up about leaving for the house. Had to!

That house they rented was stunning!  I don't blame them one bit for leaving the hotel.  From their description, it sounded dreadful. Not aesthetically - but the NOISE. And from the select few Trip Advisor reviews, it sounded even worse! http://www.tripadvisor.com/Hotel_Review-g48658-d2226644-Reviews-Capri-Southampton_Long_Island_New_York.html

Umbelina, on 06 Jan 2016 - 12:05 AM, said:

As I said in my first post, I'm sick and tired of Kyle's "story" being Kim.  It's obscene.

Wow, Gigi looked about 12 on that phone call, with no make up.

I wouldn't watch Lipsa on the damn QVC show, why do I want to watch her sell her crap on RHBH? 

This show is so damn boring now.  At least we've had some travel porn to enjoy.

I really, really do not think that Kyle wanted "her story" to revolve around Kim. At all.  But that is not Kyle's call to make. It's Bravo/Andy/whoever is in charge over there. Kim's story IS Kyle's reality, and yeah, if they are in the middle of filming and this shit goes down (the arrest, the Dr. Phil interview, etc) they are going to include it on the show. 

swankie, on 06 Jan 2016 - 12:55 AM, said:

That was especially hard to watch for me knowing that they are about to break up.  He just doesn't seem to have the compassion gene.  He's self centered and it shows.  I mean, no matter what the reason for them breaking up, he has to know he's going to look like Douche of the Century for leaving her while she's sick.  I don't care if she is the one wanting the divorce, there is no way to get around him looking like a dick.  Really bad timing on their parts when it comes to his image.  It was also a very poor choice of words that he used once Yolanda was in recovery.  "You're done!  Finished!  All that stuff is out!"  And mentally I added, "So I'm leaving you!"  smdh

They seemed normal to me as a couple that has been married for 15 years.  I admire them for not playing up for the cameras like Yolanda and David and the "My love"s.

Right? I mean, if I go meet Mr. Duke for lunch, we're not gonna be fawning all over each other.  I saw him this morning and I'll see him tonight when he comes home.  Like, were they supposed to be pawing at each other....?  

The "affection" that we see (or don't see) between couples on a reality TV show is hardly indicative of the strength and love of their real relationship. As mentioned above, Yo was always fawning all over David, and well, look where they are now.  There are dozens of other couples I could list off who acted "lovey dovey" for the cameras and are no longer together. 

Damn it. I'm coming around on Erika G... and maybe even Erika Jayne (maybe!).  She had me at "diet failure." I feel ya, girl!  But, for real, it's refreshing to see a RH (outside of the Atlanta ladies) eat real food and even consume - gasp - sugar and carbs!  She's got a great figure, and I like that she's not bone-thin.  She's sturdy looking.  KInda like a Brittany Spears type bod. 

Vicky8675309, on 06 Jan 2016 - 09:19 AM, said:

Erika seems shrewd enough to figure out that "normal people" would love the idea of a woman actually enjoying eating food like cake. I'm sure she enjoyed it but I doubt she eats it regularly.

Yeah I doubt she is stuffing cake down her gullet every day.  But she probably works out pretty darn hard most days for her EJ performances and can afford to eat some extra calories. 

• Love 11

The h/w's are given contracts with large salaries simply because they are related. I don't feel sorry for any hw that has sibling drama on their show. If Kyle doesn't want to talk about what is going with Kim then she should stop renewing her contract with Bravo. Yet she has continued to do so, for 6 seasons now. Same goes for the NJ Housewives. Bravo doesn't pay the h/w's hundreds of thousands of dollars over the years to watch them sip politely from teacups and chat about butterflies. Sibling rivalry, jealousy, mental illness and substance abuse are what warms Andy Cohen's cockles (ewww, did I just say that??!). And the h/w's fully know it. No sympathy from me. .

No sympathy for any of the HW's from me either - they made the decisions to sign on for whatever.  I was commenting from the perspective of a viewer (myself) who feels that the sibling/in-law/family angles detract from the show because it just complicates it too much.

• Love 2

I have no Giggy love either, and this is from someone who used to have a relative with a Pomeranian who was a wonderful dog.  However, since we know that Giggy recently died, seeing the poor thing trying and unable to get up the step it was clear to me he suffered from arthritis.  Our Lab passed away in May and he couldn't handle stairs at the end, either.  We had to use a baby gate to keep him from trying.  When Lisa and Ken were commanding him to get up the step, I was yelling, "He CAN'T!  Help him!"

Giggy is alive and well it is Giggy father, the late Daddio, that passed last month.

• Love 10

The way he was going on about it, copping one last feel, they should have stuck the implant in a Ziploc and handed it to David as a souvenir then he can squeeze it all he wants.

This wins the Interwebz for today.  Seriously.  I watched him do it and still cannot believe the utter lack of empathy.  What a creeper.

• Love 2

David was nervous about Yo's surgery, we saw him shaking his leg as he feigned trying to sleep in the recliner.  He wanted the camera out of his face, thus his closed eyes.

He just repeated Yo saying, 'toothless, brainless, boobless wonder."  She was making light of it, they both were.  I don't fault him for grabbing her boob in the car either.  Humor is a tension reliever.  There was compassion there though the "in love" part was over.   

• Love 17

Shades of Aviva Drescher during Rinna's talking head about Lisa being upset:

"We've flown 3000 miles and driven in the car for 5 hours.  What more does she want?  We're here!...like....(claps hands) Say thank you."

While I don't disagree with Rinna, she sounded like Aviva and I half-expected her to ask where the banner was. LOL

• Love 13

I realize that Yo said she had to go to Ohio to get her implants removed because that's where a big specialist in implant removal is, but I really just don't get it.  You cannot tell me that there are not surgeons in the LA/OC area that are top of the field.  I just feel like LA/OC probably has more implants per capita than most places and therefore more demand.  Maybe she couldn't find anyone in LA that would let her "health advocate" in the operating room, but I also find that doubtful.  At this rate they need to set up an LA to Ohio commuter route for all the howives' miniature horse and implant needs.  Too bad Lisa and Yo didn't plan better so they could have carpooled (private jet pooled?) and been a little greener.

I say, gather all the BH wives and drop them off in Ohio.  Film them for a few months.  Watch them struggle with crazy, random things such as thunderstorms and hobbled miniature ponies.  No private jets, no white parties, make them shop for clothes at Target and food at Aldi.  Ratings gold.

I loooooove Eileen, but agree with most here - there's something off about her marriage.  Vince treats her like a bumbling airhead.  And holy cow, watching him try to pull the price tag off of a $500 dress almost had me hyperventilating.  However, I think that $500 is probably fairly reasonable compared to what the other wives might purchase.  I like that Eileen felt kind of bad about such an extravagant expense.

EDITING to add: I mean no disrespect to Ohio.  I am just north in Michigan.  They can come here too...we also have thunder and rain.:)

Edited by laurakaye
  • Love 10

Loving Erika so far.  To me she has all the makings of a great Housewife: Insanely rich, outspoken, no-nonsense, flashy and smart.  Too bad she's tainted by Yolanda.  Can't wait to see her interact more with the others.  She and LVP could either be bffs or sworn enemies, I'm leaning towards the enemies part.  I don't think Lisa is necessarily jealous of Erika but she seems somewhat threatened.  Lisa has always been about the LGBT community, that was her "thing".  Now comes along a new housewives who's basically a drag queen incarnate, I can see why Lisa would not be too happy about that (but I don't agree with it).

So much yes to this. I don't think Lisa in general has a problem being friends or cool with wealthy women. It is not like she hangs out on the regular with the poors. The closest she gets to those in the lower echelons of the economy is her employees. I think Lisa guards zealously being the one on the show with the huge gay following and being the gay advocate. To have Erika Jayne come on the scene with a legit name in the gay community and being an entertainer at that, gets her hackles up.

No shade, but I always find it 'interesting' that all these female celebs and wannabe celebs who position themselves as BFF of 'the gays' never seem hang or be cool with any lesbians that aren't Ellen DeGeneres. Just gay men.  

Lisa to Ken in the helicopter "Ken? Is Giggy okay darling? Is it too noisy for him or is he alright?"  DUH Lisa, it's a damned helipcopter. What if it was too noisy for Giggy, what's the alternative? 

120927_Helicopter_PY.jpg

Is he?!? I hadn't heard that. It is not that I don't like Giggy. It is that all the insane coddling and spoiling of that dog by his owners gets on my nerves. It get that he has a skin condition and is tiny but they never seem to let that dog be a dog. Half the time he seems like an inanimate doll in Kens arms. Let him walk sometimes. Damn! Plus, those weird overly elaborate outfits most affect his mobility the rare times he is allowed to walk. Also, they seem to be made of material that doesn't seem to breath so is that helping or hurting his skin condition?

I wish Erika Jayne would get some new performance outfits. They all seem to be black catsuits with a sheer torso bedazzled or embroidered with material barely covering her lady bits. Take a page from Beyonce and JLO's (both curvy gals) performance outfits. I also wish her choreographer or whoever he is would get off the vagina material. Last time he was chanting 'pat the puss. pat the puss' while she tried to dance.  This time he was talking about wearing something to let her vag air out. Boy stop!

• Love 11

Absolutely, Kim truly needs help.

I still do not understand why they keep on saying that she is an alcholic.

I might not be Dr Drew but it is obvious to me that she uses chemical (prescribed or otherwise)

I do not get the shame in admitting that Kim is an addict. What is the difference?

And I don't get the repeated obviousness of the woman's situation. Ken's "I think she needs help" ummmm Duuuuuhhhh. I mean these women are talking in circles about a woman that's sick/addicted/ on the edge. What. The. Hell. Is. The. Point! I dislike Kyle so much in this regard but unless they are asking Kyle how she's is doing, how she's coping or if there is anything they can do for her as friends then No I don't want to hear them go into so much detail about Kim or ask Kyle ABOUT Kim. The only way it's somewhat acceptable is if they are asking Kyle how she's doing but then for it to lead into "so what's the deal" , "what's the story", "give us details", "let's bounce this subject around for a little while so we can tsk tsk some more about how justified we were to be disgusted/annoyed/ fedup/ <insert any unsympathetic emotion> here..... Yada, yada, yada. Like I said in another thread I think it's completely disgraceful how eager these other housewives are to use Kim's unstableness for airtime. Yuck, yuck, yuck!! Shit not even Kyle is her usual crocidile tears self about the subject. I honestly see her dismay this season because it's gotten out of her control and since she's the one that will ultimately get all the blame for even starting that rollercoster with the public airing of the fact now that it's so out there the other cast members are taking way more liberties discussing Kim and it has got her very annoyed. Kim and Kyle were playing off each other and Kyle knew that whatever "questionable" stuff came out of their interactions usually cancelled or balanced each other out somewhat or the very least made Kyle look better than Kim obviously, but now that we don't get to see Kim dig her own grave regularly, if the other women go on a free for all every time the topic of Kim comes up and Kyle can't count on them not to open up a Kim pile on conversation that she obviously can't condone or argue then she's always going to be put on the spot which is between a rock and a hard place. She's safer if the other women would stick to her lead and "cut" when she slams her clapboard (end scene) but these women are NOT going to and she's starting to realize this.

Edited by Yours Truly
  • Love 3

I do think Mauricio got that house, probably though some connection.  They only filmed in the front hall with one hand held camera.  We saw the driver bringing their bags in walking in front of it and bumping past them.  That would not have happened if this was a planned thing.  

I sense production was behind leaving the note rather than a call.  Lisa's reaction appeared to be genuine.  I think they are scraping the bottom of the barrel for some drama this season!  

Daddio died, not Giggy.  He was Giggy's father. 

http://radaronline.com/celebrity-news/tragic-death-lisa-vanderpump-dog-daddio/

• Love 6

I keep getting Gigi and Giggy confused. LOL

Poor GIGGY.  HELP HIM up the damn steps, Lisa or Ken.  

Ugh. The Yo/David interactions were hard to watch.  He seemed to care enough about her, but not in a romantic husband-type way.    Made me really appreciate mr. jnymph after watching that. 

I have no desire to see Bethanny either.

Erika very much looked like she was with her Father in that restaurant.  He seems nice enough, but as a couple, they seem too damn cliché.

• Love 8

I say, gather all the BH wives and drop them off in Ohio.  Film them for a few months.  Watch them struggle with crazy, random things such as thunderstorms and hobbled miniature ponies.  No private jets, no white parties, make them shop for clothes at Target and food at Aldi.  Ratings gold.

And although Erika is possibly the wealthiest one, she's also perhaps the only one that wouldn't have an issue with all the chub chubs.

• Love 2

Erika sees herself as separate from the character/act that is "Erika Jayne" thus the third person reference.  Eating the chocolate cake was for the camera,  establishing her persona apart from the others.  I don't believe she eats anything she wants.  

Kyle not wanting to talk about Kim is a gag order from Kathy, I feel sure the family wants this plot line off this show.  Well, good luck with that.  Kyle and Lisa are friends when this is not filming so I feel certain that production is behind Lisa asking questions.  

• Love 10

I feel like Kyle needs to adopt a better stance regarding Kim questions. Just say " I appreciate everyone's concerns regarding Kim but I don't feel comfortable talking about the details. It is her life and her place to do so. I love her and continue to support her battle to get healthy." When she gets angry, she is sucked back into that sick dynamic that these sisters have been doing for years.

Yo's implant looked gross. Was she at the Cleveland Clinic? It has an impeccable reputation for autoimmune diseases.

I give Lisa R. credit for her hustle. She does seem a overall pretty positive person. Her stance on her elderly parents drives me nuts though.

I don't really have any strong feelings about Erika one way or the other yet.

• Love 2

I find it a little strange that Lisa still seems to occasionally think or pretend that the froufrou dog is a key part of her appeal. She should have left the dog at home, it barely looks alive.

• Love 10

Kyle confused me. In her TH she said she doesn't want to talk about Kim, but at the white party, she brought Kim up first. She was giving a list of things she was stressed out about, one being "dealing with Kim." It was then that the other ladies began asking her questions about her sister. Could be editing, but whatever.

All I remember of Lisa R's QVC visit was, *high-pitched squeal* "Dennis!" *mouth agape baritone* "Den-nisss!" *barely audible whisper* "dennis." It was like Dennis was the lead singer of the Dennis Revue and Lisa was auditioning to be his background singer. She's become increasingly annoying to me and I know it's because of her nonchalance towards her parents' and sister's caregiving situation. It really resonates with me and normally, I'm not petty, but my alter ego, Charmed1Jayne is.

Vince's voice is an exact copy of his father's. Just like Eddie and Gerald LeVert. I hear Dick Van Patten every time Vince speaks.

I heart Eileen. I laughed so hard at her sitting on the phone with Kyle exasperated while that party/construction zone was going on in the background. If I find out she's some David Duke loving puppy killer who uses Cecil the Lion's mane in her weave, then Charmed1Jayne and I have the right to retract everything I just said, but until then, she would be the HW out of all franchises I'd want to hang out with most.

• Love 12

I'm not the biggest Kyle fan but I think I understand where she's coming from. She had to address the Target thing so she could control the narrative to an extent--otherwise, the rest of the harpies would have brought it up behind her back under the pretense of concern like they did with Yolanda. The fact that she's spoken publicly about Kim in the past doesn't mean she's obligated to share information about her for the rest of time.

IMO Lisa R enjoys having been right about Kim a little too much, and Lisa V's whole "darling, was she medicated?" was typical LVP bullshit she can put out and claim was was a concerned inquiry into Kim's physical health and not what she was very obviously actually asking, which of course is whether she had been into Monty's pills again.

They don't have to excuse Kim if they don't want to, they don't have to feel bad for her, but don't gawk at the trainwreck for kicks. It's cruel, and I think Kyle realizes it.

Edited by The Mighty Peanut
  • Love 14

Eating the chocolate cake was for the camera,  establishing her persona apart from the others.  I don't believe she eats anything she wants.  

I don't believe she eats anything she wants either.  But I don't think she's as conscientious as the others. 

All I remember of Lisa R's QVC visit was, *high-pitched squeal* "Dennis!" *mouth agape baritone* "Den-nisss!" *barely audible whisper* "dennis." It was like Dennis was the lead singer of the Dennis Revue and Lisa was auditioning to be his background singer. She's become increasingly annoying to me and I know it's because of her nonchalance towards her parents' and sister's caregiving situation. It really resonates with me and normally, I'm not petty, but my alter ego, Charmed1Jayne is.

Just when you thought she couldn't squeal anymore, Isaac Mizrahi arrives.  "Are you KIDDING ME?"  "Tell me EVERYTHING."  "I adore you SO MUCH."  "Shut UP!"    LOL. 

• Love 6

I was glad to see some Cleveland love especially after seeing another disappointing year of the Browns.

I also liked seeing the behind the scenes at QVC. LisaR is very popular there.

I spent most of my life in Cleveland so I instantly recognized where David and Yolanda were in the car. Funny, at one point if they had made a left, they would of been on the street where I used to live.

The doctor's office is in Pepper Pike, but growing up my dad always called it Pecker Pike so I never knew it was really Pepper.    Its a fitting name though, lots of needy, rude and obnoxious people in that area so the doctor is used to people like Yolanda and her assistant. 

• Love 9

Speaking of mental illness, Rinna says she has OCD. Do you think she really does or is that just her hilarious (/sarcasm) way of saying she likes things really clean?

I think the OCD comment was made fairly "tongue in cheek", as most of Rinna's comments are, I think.  I give her props, though...have you ever seen any of those investigative reports when they go into a hotel room with a black light and show all the the yucky stuff around??  Or, when they use swab tests on the phone, remote, etc.?  BLECH!!!

I think I'm going to start packing Lysol wipes with me when I travel!!  

• Love 12

I'm not the biggest Kyle fan but I think I understand where she's coming from. She had to address the Target thing so she could control the narrative to an extent--otherwise, the rest of the harpies would have brought it up behind her back under the pretense of concern like they did with Yolanda. The fact that she's spoken publicly about Kim in the past doesn't mean she's obligated to share information about Kim for the rest of time.

IMO Lisa R enjoys having been right about Kim a little too much, and Lisa V's whole "darling, was she medicated?" was typical LVP bullshit she can put out and later claim was was a concerned inquiry into Kim's physical health and not the more gossipy "Has she been into Monty's pills again?".

They don't have to excuse Kim's admittedly horrible behavior which she has no remorse for if they don't want to, they don't have to feel bad for her, but don't gawk at the trainwreck for kicks. It's cruel, and I think Kyle realizes it.

Unfortunately Kyle herself has been cruel to Kim as well.

She can't pick and choose when it suits her not to talk about Kim.

Tricky situation but she puts herself there.

I hated the DRPhil interview and all the bullshit.

Remember they all know each other and it is hard to differentiate for me anyways what is real and what is loosely scripted.

It seems surreal at time.

• Love 3

I think the OCD comment was made fairly "tongue in cheek", as most of Rinna's comments are, I think.  I give her props, though...have you ever seen any of those investigative reports when they go into a hotel room with a black light and show all the the yucky stuff around??  Or, when they use swab tests on the phone, remote, etc.?  BLECH!!!

I think I'm going to start packing Lysol wipes with me when I travel!!  

I wipe things down, too, when we travel.  Especially door handles, toilet flushers, sink handles.  The remote control and phone are no-brainers.  And as soon as we step into the room, the bedspread comes off and gets put on a chair. LOL I have a canister of Lysol wipes just like hers.  One last thing - never use the in-room coffee makers.

I'm sure she was just being tongue in cheek because she's not the sharpest tack in the box.  She should spend more time reading.  I believe she's the one who, when she does something stupid she tells everyone how 'retarded' she is.  She just has no filter or smarts.  Or something.

• Love 9

Kyle shouldn't have brought up how tired and stressed she was ABOUT Kim at the White Party if she didn't want people talking about Kim at the White Party. 

I, for one, having suffered through umpteen seasons of Kim's fuckery on screen am plenty happy to have the ladies talk about Kim when she's all busy fleeing rehab, showing her drugged and drunk ass on Dr. Phil, and getting arrested at Target.  No sympathy from me, not a bit.  Gossip all you want, ladies!  You've earned it after putting up with Kim's antics all these seasons.  Kyle, shut up.

Bethenny, stay in NY.  I don't need you ruining yet another Ho show for me with your overbearing presence. 

I do not believe Yo ever had Lyme Disease.  Nope.  She had a leaky implant and then stuffed herself full of crap from the Closet O'Crap which damaged her body's ability to function properly, and then removed all kinds of good gut bacteria via those weekly colonics and damaged her own immune system and normal body functions on top of the damage done by the leaking silicone. She's in menopause and she doesn't eat healthy, ever.   I do not feel sorry for her for her fake LD nor for everything she's done to herself, and am beyond irritated that Bravo keeps showing her gross surgeries and procedures. 

Lisa R, Kyle and Eileen - if it was such a hardship to travel to work for the Ho show in the Hamptons, maybe you could give back some of those hundreds of thousands of dollars you are paid for working on this show and stay home.

Edited by izabella
  • Love 15

As long as Kim keeps getting arrested, relapsing publicly, having her ex make stupid statements on Twitter, fleeing rehab she will be part of the RH dialogue.  Granted I am sure there are things Kyle would rather talk to the Hamptons press about (her pop up store) and Lisar her hustle, and Eileen maybe her FIL recent death but no, once again Kim gets arrested and that is all anyone wants to talk about.  Again I think they as q group, sans Kyle, have a Kim discussion.  If Kim and Kathy are so offended by Kim's name coming up perhaps Kim should not have returned to the show.

• Love 13

By leaving a note there was no discussion, the ladies did what they wanted to do for their own comfort.  I don't understand why Lisa, if it was just to support her cover, had to be apprised blow by blow of every move. Would Lisa ask the same of any other friends who were invited to a party to support her, where they were staying? Quite honestly it is not as if production could not have told her. 

Lisa Vanderpump was not excluded-she said she could not just pick up and leave as the hotel was one of hosts of the party where she was the guest of honor.

I agree about the status of the house- there are so many variables.  It could be a house the owners don't normally rent but agreed to because of a friendship with Mauricio or another broker-or a house they want to put on the market very soon.

There cannot be enough inquiries into Kim's behavior- I just wish instead of asking Kyle they would just gossip amongst themselves.  There would probably be far more entertaining moments than let's make Kyle uncomfortable.  Of course I thought when they were asking Kyle about Kim she should have said, "I was saving the surprise for all of you Kim is back waiting at the house and wants to share a room with Lisa Rinna."  "Surprise!!!"

I looked at the website for the hotel where they were staying and the party/reception was being held.  It is a boutique hotel, with most rooms facing the pool/club area.  It sounds more like a club with some rooms attached--maybe in a past life, a motor lodge or motel, and now, has been reincarnated into a hip, chic "boutique hotel".  Interesting, too, on their website, the restaurant attached to the hotel was "Beautique" - isn't that the name of the pick-up joint that Luann and the rest of the RHNY go to meet their boy-toys?  (Where Sonja uttered the now-famous "What are you doing here without Dorinda?" comment??)

Anyway, it appeared that Lisa and Ken were staying in one of the cottage rooms available, which, according the hotel website, are more quiet, peaceful and secluded.  Lisa even commented about that when she spoke with Eileen on the phone when she said something like "Are you talking about the same hotel that we are staying in?".  If the shoe were on the other foot, and Lisa had to stay in a room that was super noisy, she probably would have moved elsewhere, so that Giggy could get some rest, or not injure his precious little ears, or something.

I usually like Lisa, but I don't understand why she seemed upset over the girls moving somewhere else.  As long as they were there for the magazine launch party, what is the difference?  Unless she felt left out of the group, or something.  

Also, didn't she and Ken move to another hotel in the middle of the night when they were all in Puerto Rico, all without telling anyone?  

Edited by njbchlover
  • Love 17

I find it a little strange that Lisa still seems to occasionally think or pretend that the froufrou dog is a key part of her appeal. She should have left the dog at home, it barely looks alive.

She could have it stuffed when it dies and still carry it around, nobody would know the difference.

• Love 14

Didn't Yolanda say "toothless, boobless, brainless wonder" first? 

They were so obviously over, but oddly enough, I felt like there was still a kind of friendship there.

That was what I thought too. Yolanda said toothless, boobless, it sounded like her hanger on threw in the brainless first. 

• Love 1

Kim indeed has been on for a lot of seasons and put the ladies through a lot of grief. I don't expect them to self-impose a gag order on account of Kyle. However, if Kyle asks them not to talk about Kim around her then of course they need to respect that. IMO if Kyle asked them not to talk about Kim on camera because of all of the stress it puts on her extended family, they owe her that as KYLE'S friend as opposed to Kim's victim. Kyle isn't saying don't talk about Kim ever--she's saying don't talk about Kim with me on camera. If Kyle wants to do it...well, she's a hypocrite. But she's family, they're not. Also, and I want to emphasize my intention is not to take away from the terrible experiences of those who suffered for having been around a loved one battling addiction, as a recovering alcoholic (I'VE WORKED HARD FOR THREE YEARS except I really have, lol) there is no way to really explain how doing things that are absolutely batshit insane seem either normal or something we simply have to do to survive to someone with a normal non-addicted brain. The things we do don't feel like choices when we're making them. I wish addiction was viewed more as a mental illness. There would be less contempt and shame associated with it.

Edited by The Mighty Peanut
  • Love 12

Upon re-watch, here's why I think Vanderpump was mad.

She arrived expecting to find her friends in party mode, and instead gets a note.  They really should have phoned her.  I can imagine being surprised/disappointed, too.

Second, after she bitches about that to Ken for hours while getting ready for the party, her friends finally arrive after everyone else has arrived.  The party was in full swing.  Maybe she was expecting a little support from her West coast friends in unfamiliar territory. I can understand her feelings.

ETA:  But I would have moved, too.  I just would have called her and then showed up to the party earlier than they did.

Edited by ryebread
  • Love 10

The rooms had probably been comped with an implicit understanding that famous people would be seen on tv occupying them, their patronage was the payment. Even if they needed to sleep elsewhere, they probably should have at least pretended to stay there. Kyle and Eileen moving out and taking the cameras with them probably cost Lisa some goodwill and credibility with the fawning magazine industry.

• Love 10

They don't have to excuse Kim if they don't want to, they don't have to feel bad for her, but don't gawk at the trainwreck for kicks. It's cruel, and I think Kyle realizes it.

THIS! And that is exactly how it's coming across. Nothing justifies how smarmy all this Kim talk truly is. Kyle is not my favorite but hell's bells even I feel that they all just need to give it a rest already. 

• Love 7

Kyle and Eileen moving out and taking the cameras with them probably cost Lisa some goodwill and credibility with the fawning magazine industry.

The funny thing is, it seems that Kyle moved out of the hotel without telling Eileen, too! 

In the limo, on the way to the party Rinna, asks what the situation was and did they just exit the hotel. 

Eileen says that she texted Kyle and asked, "Where are you? Cuz I couldn't sleep cuz of all the noise."  Kyle responded to the text, 'I'm not there. I left because it was so loud.'"  Sounds like Kyle either went to another hotel or to one of the more private cottages on the property like Vanderpump got.

• Love 2