Type keyword(s) to search

S06.E06: Hamptons, 90210

• Start Topic

I know that this has become such a common thing to say, and I am even guilty of using it that way sometimes, so I take it with a grain of salt mostly. What gets me though is the people who truly believe that OCD is literally synonymous with "neat freak" and only neat freak! Or the people who think an organization quiz on Facebook scientifically reveals "how OCD are you?" People seriously think that there's no such thing as a dirty or messy obsessive-compulsive person, or even an OCD sufferer who is completely ambivalent or average about cleaning!

Of course she can, and rightly so.

In fact, the recent Hoarders had a woman that wiped the handles of shopping carts and put down newspaper on the seat of her friend's car, while her house was piled high with used diapers, dozens of mice and rotten food. She wouldn't part with a single used tissue or vermin-feces laden blanket. But she was OCD.

• Love 7

Yup. It's like people miss the fact that "obsessive" and "compulsive" can apply to anything.

I had to quit watching Hoarders, even though it brought me a weird sense of...something. I realized that it also brought me to a tension that was just not good!

• Love 8

Giggy didn't die, it was his father Daddio.  As far as I know, Giggy is still alive.  I think that Andy Cohen would have said something about it on WWHL if Giggy died.

Bravo will have a whole special episode - a retrospective of the life that was Giggy's - when that poor dog dies.

• Love 14

So, was Dr. Feng's outfit a fashion statement?  What the heck was that?  It would kind of scare (ok, really scare)  me if my surgeon greeted me wearing that before surgery.  Seriously!  I'd have enough anxiety to begin with.  Seeing the person who was operating on me wearing a psuedo chef's hat and matching top???  Christ, give me a xanax, STAT.  It's all going to be ok.....no, I'm going under the knife and you're wearing that?  Am I hallucinating?  I want the surgeon in the ugly green or blue scrubs....now.  They can have a funky print cap...and that's it.   

• Love 17

As for the dress, also biased because I hear women everyday talking about hiding credit card statements from their husbands due to how much they spent. I don't recall any of their other banter, but I'm not writing him off as a bad husband or person yet.

Me neither, but I did wonder why Eileen tossed him that dress and asked him to remove the price tag.  Passive-aggressive?  Did she want to chide him for wasting money but didn't want to be the one to start the discussion/argument?  Because I've done that.  "You did such-and such!"  "Well, it's not as bad as when you did whatever!" 

• Love 7

The OCD comments really bother me, because if you are really OCD, it is not a laughing matter. Many of us may have organizational/checking tendencies, but full-blown OCD is something different.

• Love 8

The OCD comments really bother me, because if you are really OCD, it is not a laughing matter. Many of us may have organizational/checking tendencies, but full-blown OCD is something different.

I guess I've gotten over the comments for the most part.  My mother had diagnosed severe OCD.  She wasn't a repeater like most media tend to portray it but she was a checker and a whole lot of other things.  It wasn't easy growing up.  I have some OCD tendencies but knowing what it is makes me so much more aware and helps to keep it under control.  One of my kids is the same way.  We talk about it a lot.....  just the awareness helps in dealing with it. 

Is it OCD to clean hotel rooms?  Nope.  But it's ok for me when people use the term.  Funny part is that with my genetic OCD tendencies, I'm not as compulsive as Lisar or other posters have stated, about hotel rooms.  Now, there are other things I do that are totally OCD....but that's a whole other topic and the important part is that I know it.  The plus thing is that OCD can be used in a positive way.  Like not just accepting formulated answers and not giving up.

TMI...I know.

• Love 13

During the Vince and Eileen scene, Vince is wearing a Saratoga Springs tshirt. That is a very famous horse racing town where I live. I bet he's been there quite a bit betting on the horsies. I think Vince has a very big problem. That's also the city that Sonja is from and brought the ladies to.

• Love 8

During the Vince and Eileen scene, Vince is wearing a Saratoga Springs tshirt. That is a very famous horse racing town where I live. I bet he's been there quite a bit betting on the horsies. I think Vince has a very big problem. That's also the city that Sonja is from and brought the ladies to.

Isn't Vince a professional gambler or works on a gambling show of some sort?  I often wonder why rich people gamble.  To get more rich?  Inquiring paycheck to paycheck minds like me want to know.  lol 

• Love 2

Eileen's dress at the White Party and Erica's entire life were the highlight of the show for me. I like Erica a lot so far. And I'm sure whatever she's fighting with Bethenny about, she's right.

Eileen's dress was FABULOUS and she looked beautiful in it. Well worth every penny of the whatever she spent on it.

Edited by 7isBlue
  • Love 7

Isn't Vince a professional gambler or works on a gambling show of some sort?  I often wonder why rich people gamble.  To get more rich?  Inquiring paycheck to paycheck minds like me want to know.  lol 

At one time, Vince was a professional tennis player. He learned poker from his father Dick and he finished in the money at the 2010 World Series of Poker main event. Now, he commentates for the World Poker Tour along with Mike Sexton. I'm a poker player and have heard him commentating many times for poker. He's a so-so commentator. I'm a poker player too, I just enjoy it and I'm pretty good at it. But, of course gambling isn't a pastime that only rich enjoy. It's a form of entertainment for millions of people, but for some it can become an addiction. Like the saying goes, 'Las Vegas wasn't built from winners".

• Love 9

Erika gave us the scoop on WWHL tonight. LisaR sent her a Twitter message that she looked great. As of now Erika gets along with everyone, including Bethenny. She also reported to Andy that everyone of the HW now realize Yolanda was truly ill and not faking anything. They all believe she has LD. So It appears those nearest to her have no problems with Yolanda regarding her health issues and support her.

That's not at all how it sounded to me.  She talked all around it, but never actually said that.  There was lots of winking and shifting in her seat, and she clearly was trying to choose her words very carefully.  She said that her friend Yo really had LD, but she did not say that all of the other HW's agree there was no faking or exaggerating or anything else along those lines.

Through the entire 1/2 hour, she was very careful not to say anything negative about anyone and not to cause waves about anyone.  She very deliberately stayed in the middle ground re everything she talked about it for the whole show.  

Even those of us here who think Yolanda is a big fat liar are not saying that she really isn't (or wasn't) sick.  The skepticism goes far beyond that.  I'm not at all convinced - based on anything that Erika said - that the other HW believe Yolanda 100%.  Or at all.

• Love 10

Isn't Vince a professional gambler or works on a gambling show of some sort? I often wonder why rich people gamble. To get more rich? Inquiring paycheck to paycheck minds like me want to know. lol

Well some people love it because of the whole game theory aspect and it being a mental sport for some. Hell, they even show the World Series of Poker and other poker tournaments on ESPN, NBC Sports and Fox Sports, but sure nothing is wrong with more money  even.

Here's a video of Vince's history with poker

https://youtu.be/Zs5O5gg8TO4

Edited by BlackMamba
  • Love 5

Watching YoFo fawn/idolize her King is painful.  He seems affected or somewhat checked out but maybe he's not natural on camera.  Or maybe knowing the outcome is prejudicing me.  I think the reason YoFo called Gigi is because Gigi was staying at the house with Bella and Anwar.  Maybe she thought no reason to call each kid independently.

The kids were not all together.  I don't know if even Bella and Anwar were together, but Gigi was by herself in Australia. Yolanda asked David what time it was there, and worried about waking her up because of the time difference.  And she did wake her up when she called.

But even if all the kids were in the same house, why would Yolanda not want to speak to each of them before going into a surgery that she was so frightened about?   Of all the times that someone might want to hear the voices of all 3 of their children, I would think that would be one of them.  It's very strange how she is always so focused on Gigi.  We've seen examples of it over and over.

• Love 10

That's not at all how it sounded to me. She talked all around it, but never actually said that. There was lots of winking and shifting in her seat, and she clearly was trying to choose her words very carefully. She said that her friend Yo really had LD, but she did not say that all of the other HW's agree there was no faking or exaggerating or anything else along those lines.

Through the entire 1/2 hour, she was very careful not to say anything negative about anyone and not to cause waves about anyone. She very deliberately stayed in the middle ground re everything she talked about it for the whole show.

Even those of us here who think Yolanda is a big fat liar are not saying that she really isn't (or wasn't) sick. The skepticism goes far beyond that. I'm not at all convinced - based on anything that Erika said - that the other HW believe Yolanda 100%. Or at all.

Here's what a media link says Erika said on WWHL to Andy. That's what I saw and remember. The other HW, accepted the truth that Yolanda has Lyme's Disease. If they disagree with what Erika said I'm sure we'll hear from them.

Erika maintains that Yolanda has Lyme disease. About her co-stars gossip, she says, "What’s great now is that they’ve had time to really see what’s really going on and they’ve accepted the truth, which is she has Lyme disease.”

A caller wants to know if Erika believes Lisa Rinna‘s mention of Munchausen syndrome was ill-intentioned. “I do not know if it was ill-intentioned,” says Erika. “I think people didn’t understand quite the severity of Yolanda‘s condition and I think that they figured that out now.”

“It hurts,” continues Erika. “Someone is really suffering and someone is really sick and it’s not fair to say that they’re making it up. It’s just not OK.”

http://www.realitytea.com/2016/01/06/erika-girardi-dishes-yolanda-foster-bethenny-frankel-lisa-vanderpump-watch-happens-live/

Edited by talula
  • Love 6

Caught the show again and that's exactly what she said to Andy. Now all the HW believe Yolanda has Lyme's Disease. She specifically said LD.

That's not what I was disagreeing with.

My point was not that they don't think Yolanda has LD, but rather that Erika did not say the other HW's are now suddenly believing that everything Yolanda has said is true and that they're not still questioning certain things, specifically  the way she has exaggerated, embellished, and over-dramatized..  Having LD is one thing, and - as I also said - most of us here think she very well may have it, but just because the other HW's believe she is truly ill (as do most of us here) doesn't mean they're not raising eyebrows over her shenanigans and inconsistencies (as are most of us here.)  I didn't say the other HW's don't believe her claim of having LD.  I said that Erika never said they believe Yolanda 100% now, case closed.   Because they probably don't.  And there's good reason for that.

It was very obvious, IMO, that Erika was choosing her words very carefully. 

Edited by DebbieM4
  • Love 9

My point was not that they don't think Yolanda has LD, but rather that Erika did not say the other HW's are now suddenly believing that everything Yolanda has said is true and that they're not still questioning certain things, specifically the way she has exaggerated, embellished, and over-dramatized.. Having LD is one thing, and - as I also said - most of us here think she very well may have it, but just because the other HW's believe she is truly ill (as do most of us here) doesn't mean they're not raising eyebrows over her shenanigans and inconsistencies (as are most of us here.) I didn't say the other HW's don't believe her claim of having LD. I said that Erika never said they believe Yolanda 100% now, case closed. Because they probably don't. And there's good reason for that.

I never posted that Erika said on WWHL that all the other house wives believed 100% of every word uttered by Yolanda about her Lyme's Disease was true, if that's what your trying to say I said.

Here's what a media link says Erika said on WWHL to Andy. That's what I saw and remember. The other HW, accepted the truth that Yolanda has Lyme's Disease. If they disagree with what Erika said I'm sure we'll hear from them.

Erika maintains that Yolanda has Lyme disease. About her co-stars gossip, she says, "What’s great now is that they’ve had time to really see what’s really going on and they’ve accepted the truth, which is she has Lyme disease.”

A caller wants to know if Erika believes Lisa Rinna‘s mention of Munchausen syndrome was ill-intentioned. “I do not know if it was ill-intentioned,” says Erika. “I think people didn’t understand quite the severity of Yolanda‘s condition and I think that they figured that out now.”

“It hurts,” continues Erika. “Someone is really suffering and someone is really sick and it’s not fair to say that they’re making it up. It’s just not OK.”

http://www.realitytea.com/2016/01/06/erika-girardi-dishes-yolanda-foster-bethenny-frankel-lisa-vanderpump-watch-happens-live/

Edited by talula
  • Love 2

I never posted that Erika said on WWHL that all the other house wives believed 100% of every word uttered by Yolanda about her Lyme's Disease was true, if that's what your trying to say I said.

You did say that - according to Erika -  the other HW's have "no problems with Yolanda re her health issues".   I don't think we have reason to believe that based on what Erika said.  Believing that Yolanda has LD doesn't mean they're suddenly Team Yolanda all the way and don't still have questions and suspicions about the rest of what they've seen and heard re her health situation.

To be honest, it's becoming difficult to write replies that make sense because you keep editing your posts and removing quotes that I'm trying to respond to.  So before this turns into too much of a back & forth, I'm going to bow out.

It's way, way, way past bedtime, anyway.  Have a good night!

Edited by DebbieM4
  • Love 11

You did say that the other HW's have "no problems with Yolanda re her health issues".   I don't think we have reason to believe that based on what Erika said.  Believing that Yolanda has LD doesn't mean they're suddenly Team Yolanda all the way and don't still have questions and suspicions about the rest of what they've seen and heard re her health situation.

To be honest, it's becoming difficult to write replies that make sense because you keep editing your posts and removing quotes that I'm trying to respond to.  So before this turns into too much of a back & forth, I'm going to bow out.

It's way, way, way past bedtime, anyway.  Have a good night!

"No problems" to me meant the other HW were "now" not "questioning" Yolanda having LD, not that they were all team Yolanda.

Sorry for the editing confusion.

good-night.gif

• Love 5

zxtix3.jpg

Um, no Kyle. It's not real.

fake-deer-12.png

I've seen plenty deer in my lifetime, but I would still stop and stare at one in a neighborhood setting. And if it were unmoving, I would ask if it were real. I've also seen many deer statues that closely resemble the real thing. So this doesn't seem like unusual behavior to me. But YMMV.

• Love 10

I enjoyed the short time in which Lisa and Kyle were friends, but fear it is over, unless this is just a small bump.  Lisa is back to S4 behavior over on Twitter, talking about how she cannot do anything right and is getting blamed for everything. Several people have asked her if this is another S4 pile up on her and she has confirmed "Yep". 

• Love 4

My point was not that they don't think Yolanda has LD, but rather that Erika did not say the other HW's are now suddenly believing that everything Yolanda has said is true and that they're not still questioning certain things, specifically  the way she has exaggerated, embellished, and over-dramatized..  Having LD is one thing, and - as I also said - most of us here think she very well may have it, but just because the other HW's believe she is truly ill (as do most of us here) doesn't mean they're not raising eyebrows over her shenanigans and inconsistencies (as are most of us here.)  I didn't say the other HW's don't believe her claim of having LD.  I said that Erika never said they believe Yolanda 100% now, case closed.   Because they probably don't.  And there's good reason for that.

Erika managed to not only choose her words carefully but speak for the other women and kind of lump them into a group of doubting Thomases.  Sans the Munchausen query, I have not heard of any of the RH doubt Yolanda is ill.  It is Yolanda and Brandi that keep proclaiming the other women doubt her. For Erika, Yolanda or idiots like Brandi, to keep saying what the others are feeling, in spite of their words, blogs, interview statements to the contrary is just odd.   Because of Yolanda's gorilla tactics no one can have an open conversation about her condition.  To do so is blasphemy, or in Yolanda's words ignorance.

Sadly this past week I lost a lifelong friend to CML.  Two years ago she decided to eschew any further oral chemo which would have lengthened her life by many years.  Her oncologist put her under hospice care and until the last week of her life she was able to live in her father's home.  I returned to my home town weekly to stay with her to give her caregiver and father a break.  What was a constant theme was her wanting the social worker assigned to her case to meet with her family members (one sister she stopped all communication with) to convince them she was sick.  No one in the family ever doubted she was sick, but she was angry they were not more devoted to her or would not take her unsolicited advice regarding their lives.  When I spoke with the sister about needing to meet with the social worker, she was offended (not at me) that her sister kept claiming she did not think she was sick.  Her sister never said any such thing. This was a rinse and repeat pattern that spanned three members of the family.  I will say in her case it was difficult because there was a course of treatment that would make her less ill and she refused it.  It was very obvious my dear friend was ill, but the months of strong narcotics, the disease and her insistence on large doses of Xanax made her a little delusional and unreasonable.  

I see parallels with Yolanda.  She has claimed the others are shallow because she isn't wearing make-up or she has to wear make up for "the women".  At the same time she is claiming she has an invisible disease that is not believed because she does not display any outward physical signs of illness.  Just like going to the clinic-it was August in Ohio yet she was wrapped up like a mummy with a blanket/scarf covering her soon to be altered bosom.  Yolanda and now Erika (forget Brandi as she is banging the drum for her own purposes) need to stop claiming they know what the others think.  I don't know many people who demand acquaintances become fully versed with their illness and treatment plan.  If someone has a question, they are ignorant or a doubter.  Many people offer unsolicited advice regarding illness or offer their own experience or that of a loved one.  It is the very idea that the focus is square on Yolanda at all times and variation from this theme that galls Yolanda.  If there is a next season I do hope the powers that be limit Yolanda role greatly, especially if she wants it to be all about her illness.  I get why they keep her, the famous person over for dinner (cancel that now that David split) and her now famous daughters.  If I would hear or see Gigi or Bella I will find it on my own.  They aren't terribly interesting.  About as interesting as having Paris Hilton show up at an art gallery exhibit.  YAWN.

• Love 14

I enjoyed the short time in which Lisa and Kyle were friends, but fear it is over, unless this is just a small bump.  Lisa is back to S4 behavior over on Twitter, talking about how she cannot do anything right and is getting blamed for everything. Several people have asked her if this is another S4 pile up on her and she has confirmed "Yep". 

I rewatched the episode although I can appreciate the fact Lisa wasn't keen on the rest of the cast's change of plans what would have been accomplished by discussing the situation with them prior to them finding other lodging?  From the look of things Lisa arrived late in the day-should they have stayed by the pool awaiting her arrival?  The most courteous thing to do was to give up their accommodations so the dump could rent them.   What part of blaring music and  no room service was Lisa going to fix?  LVP is a strong woman and of course she was obligated to stay at the dump.  The fact she was being pampered did not extend to her friends.  Maybe she should have wandered poolside and investigated the room Eileen was in before commenting.  Of course I think much of what Lisa says is tongue in cheek-the room in Tuscany looked pretty inviting.

I hope she doesn't fall into the gang trap again.  The other ladies changed lodgings end of story.  If Lisa wants to romp with them she can join them after the first night or stay at the dump-that is on her.  Something tells me the dump would not be that offended if after the first night Lisa relinquished her complimentary lodging.  Unless of course part of the booking was that she, Giggy and Ken be present for the non-stop pool parties.

• Love 8

Lisa is back to S4 behavior over on Twitter, talking about how she cannot do anything right and is getting blamed for everything. Several people have asked her if this is another S4 pile up on her and she has confirmed "Yep".

I like Lisa but she needs to quit with the dramatics. She's been far from a peach the last few episodes. She even kicked off this season bringing up season 4 drama with Yolanda in episode 1 when last season they were in a better place. And if she's still pissed she got left at the hotel and no one waited on your highness, she might want to take up some of her upset with production who probably told the other women to leave for "the dramatic effect" which seem to have worked. I've said it all ready, this season she has a chip on shoulder.

• Love 9

Hearing it from Rinna really bugs me because most anything that comes out of her Fix-a-Flat lips bothers me.

In some ways, the world is becoming too P.C.  But she seems to go out of her way to not acknowledge any change that is going on in the world. (Including hairstyles.)  She said it again in her blog that she's OCD. The D stands for disorder. It cripples people emotionally and mentally.  You don't have it.  Shut up.

If she were close enough to her dad to know the devastation that is Alzheimers and one of her bumbling idiot friends made a joke about that disease, she'd probably not take kindly. 

I take that back, she'd issue a huge donkey bray and say, "Oh no you DIDN'T!! Hee haw Hee haw.  That's just BEYOND......"

Dumb ass.

• Love 5

I spent most of my life in Cleveland so I instantly recognized where David and Yolanda were in the car. Funny, at one point if they had made a left, they would of been on the street where I used to live.

The doctor's office is in Pepper Pike, but growing up my dad always called it Pecker Pike so I never knew it was really Pepper. Its a fitting name though, lots of needy, rude and obnoxious people in that area so the doctor is used to people like Yolanda and her assistant.

Ha ha Pecker Pike!

Edited by mytmo
  • Love 1

Hearing it from Rinna really bugs me because most anything that comes out of her Fix-a-Flat lips bothers me.

In some ways, the world is becoming too P.C.  But she seems to go out of her way to not acknowledge any change that is going on in the world. (Including hairstyles.)  She said it again in her blog that she's OCD. The D stands for disorder. It cripples people emotionally and mentally.  You don't have it.  Shut up.

If she were close enough to her dad to know the devastation that is Alzheimers and one of her bumbling idiot friends made a joke about that disease, she'd probably not take kindly. 

I take that back, she'd issue a huge donkey bray and say, "Oh no you DIDN'T!! Hee haw Hee haw.  That's just BEYOND......"

Dumb ass.

You nailed it she is really dumb.

The fact that she seems to completely rely on her sister to care for their aging parents is not unique

hopefully ,she contributes financially.

After all, she is so great at making money.

• Love 4

Addiction, for one thing.
  • Love 5

If Lisa and Ken decided to go to the rental house would there be enough bathrooms?

Thank you! That's the kind of fun angsty stuff this show needs (eg, Ramona and Sonja last season, believing they'd successfully grabbed the villa's best rooms only to learn the coveted bath tub was missing) -- not Yo's latest round of pills 'n potions and not Kyle's most recent snot-filled whine ("now, be sure to shoot me from my good side, thanks") re how her sister's antics are removing the curl from her eyelashes. Or whatever.

• Love 4

BTW why was Yo wearing the blue shroud of Turin over her chest (because she's a martyr obvs?) when she walked in the clinic? I was like, is the procedure half underway? 

and as a poster upthread asked, did the Health Advocate call Yo "My Love" in/out of sugery? 

Just STRANGE.

Yo should have warned the girls about Lyme disease in the Hamptons that is a great place to catch a tick, those deer are everywhere and carry them around.

• Love 4

Erika managed to not only choose her words carefully but speak for the other women and kind of lump them into a group of doubting Thomases.  Sans the Munchausen query, I have not heard of any of the RH doubt Yolanda is ill.  It is Yolanda and Brandi that keep proclaiming the other women doubt her. For Erika, Yolanda or idiots like Brandi, to keep saying what the others are feeling, in spite of their words, blogs, interview statements to the contrary is just odd.   Because of Yolanda's gorilla tactics no one can have an open conversation about her condition.  To do so is blasphemy, or in Yolanda's words ignorance.

Sadly this past week I lost a lifelong friend to CML.  Two years ago she decided to eschew any further oral chemo which would have lengthened her life by many years.  Her oncologist put her under hospice care and until the last week of her life she was able to live in her father's home.  I returned to my home town weekly to stay with her to give her caregiver and father a break.  What was a constant theme was her wanting the social worker assigned to her case to meet with her family members (one sister she stopped all communication with) to convince them she was sick.  No one in the family ever doubted she was sick, but she was angry they were not more devoted to her or would not take her unsolicited advice regarding their lives.  When I spoke with the sister about needing to meet with the social worker, she was offended (not at me) that her sister kept claiming she did not think she was sick.  Her sister never said any such thing. This was a rinse and repeat pattern that spanned three members of the family.  I will say in her case it was difficult because there was a course of treatment that would make her less ill and she refused it.  It was very obvious my dear friend was ill, but the months of strong narcotics, the disease and her insistence on large doses of Xanax made her a little delusional and unreasonable.  

I see parallels with Yolanda.  She has claimed the others are shallow because she isn't wearing make-up or she has to wear make up for "the women".  At the same time she is claiming she has an invisible disease that is not believed because she does not display any outward physical signs of illness.  Just like going to the clinic-it was August in Ohio yet she was wrapped up like a mummy with a blanket/scarf covering her soon to be altered bosom.  Yolanda and now Erika (forget Brandi as she is banging the drum for her own purposes) need to stop claiming they know what the others think.  I don't know many people who demand acquaintances become fully versed with their illness and treatment plan.  If someone has a question, they are ignorant or a doubter.  Many people offer unsolicited advice regarding illness or offer their own experience or that of a loved one.  It is the very idea that the focus is square on Yolanda at all times and variation from this theme that galls Yolanda.  If there is a next season I do hope the powers that be limit Yolanda role greatly, especially if she wants it to be all about her illness.  I get why they keep her, the famous person over for dinner (cancel that now that David split) and her now famous daughters.  If I would hear or see Gigi or Bella I will find it on my own.  They aren't terribly interesting.  About as interesting as having Paris Hilton show up at an art gallery exhibit.  YAWN.

Sorry about your friend.
  • Love 6

Me neither, but I did wonder why Eileen tossed him that dress and asked him to remove the price tag.  Passive-aggressive?  Did she want to chide him for wasting money but didn't want to be the one to start the discussion/argument?  Because I've done that.  "You did such-and such!"  "Well, it's not as bad as when you did whatever!" 

My theory is that they both wanted to make a statement that a $495 dress is a drop in the bucket for them. And though not a popular opinion, I think they have to watch their money.  That whole scene seemed VERY scripted to me, like they'd rehearsed it.  He's not a very good actor and she overacted it.

• Love 8

My theory is that they both wanted to make a statement that a $495 dress is a drop in the bucket for them. And though not a popular opinion, I think they have to watch their money.  That whole scene seemed VERY scripted to me, like they'd rehearsed it.  He's not a very good actor and she overacted it.

They do look like they are tight.

• Love 1

I just want to say, that when I win the $675 million Power Ball tonight, I'm inviting you all to a PTV meet-up.  Destination TBD.  It most certainly will not be at the Capri in Southampton.  Miniature ponies for everyone!  Suck it, Lisa Vanderpump.

• Love 22
SweetPickle, on 07 Jan 2016 - 01:09 AM, said:

And also mentioned in the Carly Simon Song "You're so Vain"!

swankie, on 07 Jan 2016 - 01:17 AM, said:

Yes, as somebody mentioned, my first thought was: addiction. Addiction doesn't discriminate between the poor, the middle class, or the rich. 

• Love 4

I've seen plenty deer in my lifetime, but I would still stop and stare at one in a neighborhood setting. And if it were unmoving, I would ask if it were real. I've also seen many deer statues that closely resemble the real thing. So this doesn't seem like unusual behavior to me. But YMMV.

I guess it just seemed logical to my brain to assume that a deer standing alongside a creek leading to the Atlantic Ocean would be real since there's no hunting allowed within 100 miles of that area and who would put a fake deer statue on the banks of an estuary where nobody would ever see it? I think that location, time, logic and circumstances come into play when the mind decides real or fake.

• Love 5
Vanderfabulous, on 06 Jan 2016 - 8:52 PM, said:

Well it's official.  I'm done with this show.  Still haven't caught a single episode from the beginning.  Keep forgetting it's on Tuesday nights.  Last night I didn't even remember until about an hour after it had aired. 

None of these women interests me except Lisa V.  And I can learn everything I need to by following her on Twitter.  The bickering, the pettiness, the fake EVERYthing.  I'm over it.

Y'all carry on.  I'll be over on the House Hunters forums or maybe Undercover Boss.  Stop by and say "hey" if you like.  lol

Ok, good luck to ya. But FYI - House Hunters is fake too. In a different way than Real Housewives, but fake nonetheless.  

• Love 6

When over the years and many episodes 'in the can' and are now only vague memories, a rich woman like Lisa Vanderpump becomes bored. What has she NOT shown to the public? We've seen her mansion, two of her many restaurants, her clothes closet, her makeup table, a dog with alopecia and her six swans a swimming, seven geese a laying.... oh wait, that's the 12 days of Christmas song and I got carried away.  But anyway, once there's no more to display or divulge then maybe it is time to take whatever poker chips are left at the table and push away from the game. I have a sneaky feeling that Lisa Vanderpump may feel she's met her superior with Erika Girardi. I don't think even Lisa V can hold a candle to the wealth, social standing and influential friends of Erika and Thomas Girardi.

I had just watched an HBO documentary about corruption in the NYPD called "The Seven FIve". Maybe that's the reason I got chills down my spine when the Los Angeles Chief of Police, Charles Beck casually walked over to Erika and Thomas as they were dining in The Palm, a very exclusive restaurant. He quickly explained that he was there for lunch, but in uniform?  I found that just a little bit difficult to swallow. The Chief and Thomas looked very comfortable with each other. My strange suspicious mind immediately jumped to a "you scratch my back and I'll scratch yours" situation between them. I realize that Thomas Girardi is a successful L.A. attorney and he's known as the 'king of the class action lawsuit'. I am a cynic by nature and the cozy relationship between a police chief and a litigation attorney is always suspect in my mind.

I think that if Lisa Vanderpump stays, which I think she will because she's just another rich narcissistic that can't see enough of her own face, that she and Erika will either be great friends or deadly foes. Lisa V may just have to surrender her crown being the richest woman in the group over to Erika who could make or break Lisa V in many ways. There has to be an intimidation factor when engaging in a 'show off contest' with Erika Girardi. I don't think Lisa Vanderpump wants to ruffle any feathers in that camp.

Edited by HumblePi
  • Love 4

When over the years and many episodes 'in the can' and are now only vague memories, a rich woman like Lisa Vanderpump becomes bored. What has she NOT shown to the public? We've seen her mansion, two of her many restaurants, her clothes closet, her makeup table, a dog with alopecia and her six swans a swimming, seven geese a laying.... oh wait, that's the 12 days of Christmas song and I got carried away.  But anyway, once there's no more to display or divulge then maybe it is time to take whatever poker chips are left at the table and push away from the game. I have a sneaky feeling that Lisa Vanderpump may feel she's met her superior with Erika Girardi. I don't think even Lisa V can hold a candle to the wealth, social standing and influential friends of Erika and Thomas Girardi.

I had just watched an HBO documentary about corruption in the NYPD called "The Seven FIve". Maybe that's the reason I got chills down my spine when the Los Angeles Chief of Police, Charles Beck casually walked over to Erika and Thomas as they were dining in The Palm, a very exclusive restaurant. He quickly explained that he was there for lunch, but in uniform?  I found that just a little bit difficult to swallow. The Chief and Thomas looked very comfortable with each other. My strange suspicious mind immediately jumped to a "you scratch my back and I'll scratch yours" situation between them. I realize that Thomas Girardi is a successful L.A. attorney and he's known as the 'king of the class action lawsuit'. I am a cynic by nature and the cozy relationship between a police chief and a litigation attorney is always suspect in my mind.

I think that if Lisa Vanderpump stays, which I think she will because she's just another rich narcissistic that can't see enough of her own face, that she and Erika will either be great friends or deadly foes. Lisa V may just have to surrender her crown being the richest woman in the group over to Erika who could make or break Lisa V in many ways. There has to be an intimidation factor when engaging in a 'show off contest' with Erika Girardi. I don't think Lisa Vanderpump wants to ruffle any feathers in that camp.

The Girardis may be rich but over on the Mansions thread Talula brought this article over:  http://allthingsrh.com/new-rhobh-star-erika-jayne-and-husband-owe-millions-in-taxes/   They owed 10 million in taxes there is definitely a problem in the cash flow area. 

• Love 3

I like Lisa but she needs to quit with the dramatics. She's been far from a peach the last few episodes. She even kicked off this season bringing up season 4 drama with Yolanda in episode 1 when last season they were in a better place. And if she's still pissed she got left at the hotel and no one waited on your highness, she might want to take up some of her upset with production who probably told the other women to leave for "the dramatic effect" which seem to have worked. I've said it all ready, this season she has a chip on shoulder.

Yup, agree totally. I don't think she deserves her OG of the RHOBH status. I've had a term paper about this knocking around my brain for awhile, so bear with me.

There are two reasons why I think a lot of the wives really resent her. One, which I don't feel has been pointed out in the h'wive-verse is that Lisa's personal life has been getting a season 1 edit for six years. I firmly believe she has a deal with TPTB that nothing about Ken, herself, or their businesses can be portrayed in a negative light or in a way that creates real gossip fodder. The real turning point with her and Brandi, IMO, was when Brandi floated the bankruptcy rumors. LVP has worked hard to make sure there's no talk of affairs, real family strife, bad business deals, etc. Given the rumors about Ken and prostitutes, what they unintentionally revealed about their perception of adoptive versus biological child, and the multiple lawsuits against Villa Blanca, such fodder exists. Yolanda, Kyle, Adrienne, Taylor, Kim, etc all had to suffer their dirty laundry aired so there's obviously going to be some resentment there.

The second reason is that meanwhile, as Lisa is getting filmed being fabulous--swan vet appointments, dog charity events, business meetings, party planning with Kevin Lee, magazine shoots, trips to the jewelers, tea time, and closet showings--she "stirs the pot" as Adrienne Maloof pointed out on the very first season...and as referenced by Taylor, Camille, Brandi, Kyle, Kim and I'd guess Eileen from what we've seen in the previews. Oh, I just mentioned the Mauricio rumors to diffuse them! Oh, I thought it would be great for you and Scheana to iron out your differences, what ulterior motive? Oh, I'm just pointing out how UNFAIR your family is being to you, Kyle, here at the dinner table in front of your husband and children who have both politely asked I stop! Oh, I'm just asking if Kim was high, er, on medication because I'm SO SUPPORTIVE. Eileen, I just am curious how you and Vince got together, you had an affair right, let's talk about it on camera in public at dinner? Oh, certainly Yolanda is suffering from SOMETHING which in no way implies my own disbelief.

So, naturally, after seeing her innocent act and her complete refusal to admit she's been holding a grudge against Kyle for saying she held grudges 6 years ago, among many other grudges, on top of what seems to be special treatment, the other ladies react.

....And then it's a fucking pile on poor Lisa Vanderpump, whose only crime was a bit of British humor and (as she likes to say) "gentle reminders", and she has to have a tag line about rising to the head of the pack after being "thrown to the wolves." 

ETA: If there are any fans of The Walking Dead reading this...I nominate LVP as an Unfair Wolf. ;)

Edited by The Mighty Peanut
  • Love 19

I'm not a big fan of Eileen's husband, at all.  The cameras were there for the standard "packing for a trip" filler scene, it's just that Vince doesn't play nice when the camera starts rolling. Whether he was criticizing the dress for drama or not, he was still criticizing her, which he seems to be very free with.  He doesn't even bother to play loving spouse for the five minutes he's on. Added to the fact that his passion is gambling?  I highly doubt they are hurting for money. She has been working her whole life, now has income from two shows. Hurting for money should be a term reserved for bankrupt train wrecks like Kim Richards or the Guidices. He seems like a Hollywood loser to me. 

I still like LisaR but flying all over the country and yet not bothering to visit her parents is shameful. Although, I am not sure the relationship is great there. Remember when she first came on she used to talk about how they never let her express her emotions growing up, and that is why now she has no filter?  My husband's mother has four daughters that live all over the country and those women fly to visit their mom on a regular basis and not only for holidays and birthdays but regularly. And they are not wealthy like Lisa.  Harry must not make enough money to fund their lifestyle and that's why LisaR is so shameless. But I actually love her hustle-attitude. A buck is a buck.

And I found it very interesting that she makes the same amount in a QVC appearance that she would make in a year of having her boutique, without the danger of getting robbed.  That's great business sense on her part.  

Yolanda's bloody boob is probably one of the worst things I've seen on reality tv. Thanks BRAVO. I can never un-see that.  And I don't know about David Foster and whether or not he was actually checked out. He doesn't have a great bedside manner, but he was there in Cleveland with her. The boob grab was crass, but I highly doubt that was the first crass thing he's done in their 9 years together. As for the phone call with Gigi, Yo helped catapult Gigi into her current "It" girl status, so any screen time she can fit in for Gigi is all part of the agenda. And it worked. I read that for the past few years Gigi tried out for the Victoria Secret fashion show and never made it. But this show gave her exposure, which she used to build up Instagram and Twitter followers, making her a "name" and voila! This year she's cast in the show.  Now granted, Gigi is gorgeous and nice, so that helped, but Yo made the effort and for Gigi, at least, it paid off.  

But back to Yo and Her King. Yo strikes me as incredibly stubborn, as stubborn as David Foster probably is, and with all of her fawning over him I imagine she is equally as demanding. 

• Love 5

Yup, agree totally. I don't think she deserves her OG of the RHOBH status. I've had a term paper about this knocking a brain for awhile, so bear with me.

There are two reasons why I think a lot of the wives really resent her. One, which I don't feel has been pointed out in the h'wive-verse is that Lisa's personal life has been getting a season 1 edit for six years. I firmly believe she has a deal with TPTB that nothing about Ken, herself, or their businesses can be portrayed in a negative light or in a way that creates real gossip fodder. The real turning point with her and Brandi, IMO, was when Brandi floated the bankruptcy rumors. LVP has worked hard to make sure there's no talk of affairs, real family strife, bad business deals, etc. Given the rumors about Ken and prostitutes, what they unintentionally revealed about their perception of adoptive versus biological child, and the multiple lawsuits against Villa Blanca, such fodder exists. Yolanda, Kyle, Adrienne, Taylor, Kim, etc all had to suffer their dirty laundry aired so there's obviously going to be some resentment there.

The second reason is that meanwhile, as Lisa is getting filmed being fabulous--swan vet appointments, dog charity events, business meetings, party planning with Kevin Lee, magazine shoots, trips to the jewelers, tea time, and closet showings--she "stirs the pot" as Adrienne Maloof pointed out on the very first season...and as referenced by Taylor, Camille, Brandi, Kyle, Kim and I'd guess Eileen from what we've seen in the previews. Oh, I just mentioned the Mauricio rumors to diffuse them! Oh, I thought it would be great for you and Scheana to iron out your differences, what ulterior motive? Oh, I'm just pointing out how UNFAIR your family is being to you, Kyle, here at the dinner table in front of your husband and children who have both politely asked I stop! Oh, I'm just asking if Kim was high, er, on medication because I'm SO SUPPORTIVE. Eileen, I just am curious how you and Vince got together, you had an affair right, let's talk about it on camera in public at dinner? Oh, certainly Yolanda is suffering from SOMETHING which in no way implies my own disbelief.

So, naturally, after seeing her innocent act and her complete refusal to admit she's been holding a grudge against Kyle for saying she held grudges 6 years ago, among many other grudges, on top of what seems to be special treatment, the other ladies react.

....And then it's a fucking pile on poor Lisa Vanderpump, whose only crime was a bit of British humor and (as she likes to say) "gentle reminders", and she has to have a tag line about rising to the head of the pack after being "thrown to the wolves." 

I think I love you. 

• Love 2

I agree that the marriage was already over, in spirit if not officially. Dr. Feng and the nurse both approached him with the attitude that Yolanda was ok and he need not be concerned, and that she was eager to see him. I thought the look on his face switched from someone who was in a waiting room bored during one of his obligatory scenes, to someone who is supposed to come across like a worried husband ready to greet his sickly wife. Like, you can see the transition as it happens.

Edited by The Mighty Peanut
  • Love 4

Lol, where I live police officers cannot eat where liquor is served when they're on the job. I guess it's not like that in California. I think Erika's son is a California police officer also. Wonder if the Chief of Police was miked up for filming?

• Love 3