Type keyword(s) to search

Netflix Revival: Spoilers and Speculation

• Start Topic

47 minutes ago, Smad said:

I still can't get over Lauren's eyes. Why do I feel like there's something wrong. They look weird.

They can give them the same vehicles, hats and houses but you can't really stop time...even with botox.

• Love 4
46 minutes ago, FictionLover said:

They can give them the same vehicles, hats and houses but you can't really stop time...even with botox.

Yep, that's why we all agree to the concept of costumes, makeup and now cgi. I'm ok with it, as long as the actors are modifying their bodies out of relatively free will. Lauren didn't get to age 49 without gray hair, and Scott's scruff looks like my hubby's, who is the same age. For Luke to be about 50, and Lorelai a few years younger, they're doing fine. 

And, honestly, the one team member I hope they didn't invite back was the person responsible for the weird Luke wig of episode 6.01. (Shudder)

• Love 1
(edited)
3 hours ago, Smad said:

I still can't get over Lauren's eyes. Why do I feel like there's something wrong. They look weird.

Well the angle of the photo is horrid and she may have been crying.  I'm sure there were tears shed at the end of filming as these people all have to say goodbye to this show and the people in front of the camera and behind the scenes, again.

Edited by LegalParrot81
misspelling

Well the angle of the photo is horrid...

As is the angle of most selfies.  She does look odd but I agree it may be because she was looking up at a cell phone camera.

It's not the angle or that she's been crying. It's the general shape of them. And I've found the shape weird since the EW photoshoot. Her eyes still looked as usual a year ago in Austin during the reunion.

On 5/10/2016 at 9:49 PM, FictionLover said:

I totally agree, SMAD.  I get really tired of hearing the whole team thing too.  Being an older listener, the stories that interest me the most are the three ladies relationship and Luke and Lorelai.  

It could be the age of the viewers. I have noticed a lot of the tweets about Gilmore girls are about Rory's personal life. ("If Rory's not with Jess, I will hate it", etc) All I care about are the Gilmore family and their interactions, plus some townie fun. My eldest daughter grew up watching the show and cares more about Rory's life. Even the podcast I heard was more geared to a younger audience but maybe that's the medium.

I think Lauren looks great for her age. I am a few years younger and wish I looked as good as she does.

• Love 2
1 hour ago, hippielamb said:

It could be the age of the viewers. I have noticed a lot of the tweets about Gilmore girls are about Rory's personal life. ("If Rory's not with Jess, I will hate it", etc) All I care about are the Gilmore family and their interactions, plus some townie fun. My eldest daughter grew up watching the show and cares more about Rory's life. Even the podcast I heard was more geared to a younger audience but maybe that's the medium.

I think Lauren looks great for her age. I am a few years younger and wish I looked as good as she does.

I realize the majority of the viewers of GG and listeners of the podcast are younger than myself.  Heck, look how young the hosts are of Gilmore Guys are. But the Luke and Lorelai story was such a fan favorite of the show and I wonder why there isn't more discussion about them. The whole team who-ever is way overdone.

I think Lauren is beautiful too but I bet she would be just a beautiful, if not more, with her natural beauty. But I do think SP looks better in his rug :)

Even as s young teen when the show was airing, I never cared about Rory's love life.  None of them do anything for me.  I guess if I were forced to choose one, I'd go with Jess but it really makes no difference to me who she ends up with, if anyone.  I think it's Alexis. Imo, she just can't generate romantic or sexual chemistry with anyone.  

• Love 1
1 hour ago, FictionLover said:

I realize the majority of the viewers of GG and listeners of the podcast are younger than myself.  Heck, look how young the hosts are of Gilmore Guys are. But the Luke and Lorelai story was such a fan favorite of the show and I wonder why there isn't more discussion about them. The whole team who-ever is way overdone.

I think Lauren is beautiful too but I bet she would be just a beautiful, if not more, with her natural beauty. But I do think SP looks better in his rug :)

TPTB allowed Tanc and others to discuss details that possibly teased elements of Rory plus xxx. They kept a tight lid on LL communication, because we know that Scott would have said things, based on his past openness. 

But really, what did we learn about Rory and her men? Not much. Milo danced around his actual role, and when people started presuming Logan and Rory, Tanc back pedaled there as well. 

It was disappointing that Lauren avoided all mention of Scott or Luke, especially when he "Twitter-reached" out to her. She wasn't shy about mentioning others, though, so I simply can't figure out what was going on there.

Alexis' silence I can understand more, because she's not a big communicator, and I've never seen her in an interview where she seemed comfortable. 

My gut feel in summary is they let the Rory chatter go on to cover a deliberate LL silence. So we get to wait. 

It could be the age of the viewers. I have noticed a lot of the tweets about Gilmore girls are about Rory's personal life. 

IMO, the fact that Lorelai and Luke are pretty much a done deal has a lot to do with the lack of chatter about them. What is there to wonder about? If they have kids together? If they're gonna get married in the revival (answer: duh, yes!)? And that's not even getting into the likely portion of Lorelai's fans that are at best indifferent to Luke because they shipped her with someone else, so Rory's storyline becomes automatically more interesting/appealing to talk about.

• Love 3
48 minutes ago, junienmomo said:

TPTB allowed Tanc and others to discuss details that possibly teased elements of Rory plus xxx. They kept a tight lid on LL communication, because we know that Scott would have said things, based on his past openness. 

But really, what did we learn about Rory and her men? Not much. Milo danced around his actual role, and when people started presuming Logan and Rory, Tanc back pedaled there as well. 

It was disappointing that Lauren avoided all mention of Scott or Luke, especially when he "Twitter-reached" out to her. She wasn't shy about mentioning others, though, so I simply can't figure out what was going on there.

Alexis' silence I can understand more, because she's not a big communicator, and I've never seen her in an interview where she seemed comfortable. 

My gut feel in summary is they let the Rory chatter go on to cover a deliberate LL silence. So we get to wait. 

I get the feeling that there is no love lost for Scott by Lauren.  I am a Luke fan but not so much of the actor himself. IMO believe he if full of himself and it seems he doesn't wants his female fan base to know he is married. He tweets about his son and the father/son love but not about his family. Even in that audio interview that was aired, he spoke about how much he has changed since he played Luke. He said he had a son, then he paused and choked out that he got married. I have heard him contradict himself as well.  I used to be a Scott fan but not so much anymore. I still ship LL though.

IMO believe he if full of himself and it seems he doesn't wants his female fan base to know he is married.

I don't know the man, so I can't speak to his personality, but I will say it's not like his marriage is a secret. 

• Love 1
1 hour ago, txhorns79 said:

I don't know the man, so I can't speak to his personality, but I will say it's not like his marriage is a secret. 

I realize that. Just a "vibe" I get (I just had to say that :) by what I have heard and read. But I do enjoy his character and am really looking forward to the revival.

1 hour ago, txhorns79 said:

And not even to GG fans, since she had a bit part in the show. She was the woman struggling with the Banyan boys.

Oh, it occurred to me later than Lauren also hadn't said anything public to Alexis either, as far as I can recall. Nor Emily. Just Melissa and Yanic of the more primary characters. 

I don't tweet, but my public persona talks a lot more about my daughter than my husband, and I really like my husband. 

Scott has always come across as a guy's guy to me, who does buddy stuff and has the kind of rapport with others that guys on sports teams have. That stereotype is fairly opposite from the equally acceptable female stereotypes, but it's not easy to communicate between the two. He had to have something going for him to make two separate, reasonably successful careers in those one-in-a-million shot businesses of pro baseball and acting.

• Love 1
2 minutes ago, junienmomo said:

And not even to GG fans, since she had a bit part in the show. She was the woman struggling with the Banyan boys.

Oh, it occurred to me later than Lauren also hadn't said anything public to Alexis either, as far as I can recall. Nor Emily. Just Melissa and Yanic of the more primary characters. 

I don't tweet, but my public persona talks a lot more about my daughter than my husband, and I really like my husband. 

Scott has always come across as a guy's guy to me, who does buddy stuff and has the kind of rapport with others that guys on sports teams have. That stereotype is fairly opposite from the equally acceptable female stereotypes, but it's not easy to communicate between the two. He had to have something going for him to make two separate, reasonably successful careers in those one-in-a-million shot businesses of pro baseball and acting.

Lauren tweeted out to David Sutcliff too.

I think people are reading too much into this Scott/Lauren relationship. I've never seen any evidence of them not getting along. Like during one of the reunion interviews, when you could see that Scott was getting choked up about talking about his dad, Lauren was sat next to him and comforted him. Just because they don't tweet each other, doesn't mean they don't like each other. Maybe they're worried about giving something away? Tbh Lauren isn't a big tweeter anyway.

• Love 1

Whether Lauren and Scott love or hate each other has never mattered to me. The actors can do or feel whatever they want off-screen. All I expect from them is to be professional enough not to let that influence what happens on camera. And no I've never believed that what some people called 'uncomfortable' when L/L got together had anything to with this supposed Scott-Lauren hate each other rumors. Because if that were true in S5 it would also be true of Seasons prior to that and I saw nothing there.

• Love 1

I'm totally with elang4 and Smad here on the relationship between the two actors. It's a rumor that won't die, first being fed by the weird direction after L and L got together, and since then any little quirk makes people wonder again. When I noticed that LG didn't tweet many of her closest GG colleagues, I realized I'd fallen in the trap myself.

Sorry if I offended anyone, it wasn't my intention. I guess I should have posted it on the UO thread but the conversation kind of lead to it.  I will admit to being influenced about the actors feelings towards each other from chatter on this forum; I didn't watch the show when it aired so I never heard any of that talk at the time.  As Smad said, whatever their relationship off-screen doesn't matter to me as long as they can be professional on-screen, and they always were.  Just because I'm not impressed with him personally doesn't tarnish my affection for Gilmore Girls, Luke or L&L.  I give credit where credit is due and he is not only a talented actor and athlete, but he is also artistic.

• Love 1

This is one of those things where I'm glad that I'm neither American nor young. When the whole obsession with actors/musicians etc. became popular the i-net wasn't that far yet so all we had here were magazines. And back then the people weren't all that into the private lives of actors/musicians either. Guess I'm just glad I skipped that. I only became aware of the supposed hate years after GG was through it's first run and only because I was more active in the i-net and visited places like TwOP. And the 'hate' made no sense to me because I saw the deliberately different way ASP decided to shoot their scenes. Everything from the banter to the casual touching (from Lorelai) to them being the only people they were willing to let their guard down with  to their talks and so forth...all of that disappeared. And that can't be explained with the 2 actors hating each other.

• Love 2
19 hours ago, FictionLover said:

I think so too. Here is a photo posted by her friend Sam Pancake.

https://www.instagram.com/p/BD8oFzxpUzp/?hl=en

12 hours ago, elang4 said:

I think people are reading too much into this Scott/Lauren relationship. I've never seen any evidence of them not getting along. Like during one of the reunion interviews, when you could see that Scott was getting choked up about talking about his dad, Lauren was sat next to him and comforted him. Just because they don't tweet each other, doesn't mean they don't like each other. Maybe they're worried about giving something away? Tbh Lauren isn't a big tweeter anyway.

Yeah, I noticed that too. She tweets very sporadically. Maybe we will hear, or rather read more when the revival is closer.

• Love 2

Whether Lauren and Scott love or hate each other has never mattered to me. The actors can do or feel whatever they want off-screen. All I expect from them is to be professional enough not to let that influence what happens on camera. And no I've never believed that what some people called 'uncomfortable' when L/L got together had anything to with this supposed Scott-Lauren hate each other rumors. Because if that were true in S5 it would also be true of Seasons prior to that and I saw nothing there.

To lighten the mood, I think this topic deserves the classic Luke and Lorelai response.

"We've been here before."

"I recognize that tree."

• Love 10
3 hours ago, lulu1960 said:

To lighten the mood, I think this topic deserves the classic Luke and Lorelai response.

"I recognize that tree."

*blinks rapidly*

• Love 3
7 hours ago, lulu1960 said:

"I recognize that tree."

I hated that mattress. 

• Love 3
1 hour ago, Sara2009 said:

Well, you missed the pic that was released. I don't think we 100% know that Rory is a teacher, though. I think that's still speculation.

Thanks!  I saw the picture but for some reason thought it was a Chilton.  Seems like they may have jumped the gun assuming that pic meant she is a teacher.

• Love 1
3 minutes ago, solotrek said:

The students in the picture were in Chilton uniforms, safe bet it's Chilton not Stars Hollow high.

Aw shucks. I was just starting to hum the Welcome Back, Kotter theme song.

• Love 1
6 hours ago, dustylil said:

Aw shucks. I was just starting to hum the Welcome Back, Kotter theme song.

As long as you haven't started learning the pledge in all the languages that exist on Earth.

• Love 1
2 hours ago, solotrek said:

As long as you haven't started learning the pledge in all the languages that exist on Earth

No. But apparently I might soon have to start learning new lyrics to O Canada.  I confess to having been puzzled at the time that Jess who was raised in the most ethnically diverse city in the USA was  taken aback that the Pledge of Allegiance was said in Stars Hollow in six languages, including two he was unfamiliar with. I think we all had assumed he lived in very modest circumstances in the Big Apple - but perhaps he had been attending an Episcopalian prep school :)

• Love 1
(edited)

Credit to Snow Apple, from a post in the Mike & Molly thread, imdb.com lists Melissa as being in two episodes....Fall and Winter. I had assumed one quick cameo in one episode, but I guess they ultimately split the cameo into two.

Edited by pennben
(edited)

This is gonna sound grouchier than I intend, but I don't know why actors, in general and not just the GG ones, give interviews when they're not allowed to give away any spoilers. The same goes for a lot of conventions. I know it's all for publicity but a larger part of me thinks it's entirely pointless. If they can't give away spoilers, I wish they'd talk about something interesting like their characters, past experiences on the show, etc.

Edited by cuddlingcrowley
  • Love 2
(edited)

Okay, so Melissa's show, Mike & Molly, had it's finale last night.  In the second to last episode (they showed two tonight), Mike went to a psychic played by none other than Rose Abdoo!  In a subsequent scene when they were discussing the psychic, Mike said "she's not a gypsy, she's from Toronto".  That had to have been a nod to Gilmore Girls by Melissa (who directed that episode) when she thought she wasn't coming back for the revival.  I thought it was lovely and an understated 'easter egg', if you will, for fans of both that show and GG..

Edited by pennben
  • Love 3
1 hour ago, pennben said:

Okay, so Melissa's show, Mike & Molly, had it's finale last night.  In the second to last episode (they showed two tonight), Mike went to a psychic played by none other than Rose Abdoo!  In a subsequent scene when they were discussing the psychic, Mike said "she's not a gypsy, she's from Toronto".  That had to have been a nod to Gilmore Girls by Melissa (who directed that episode) when she thought she wasn't coming back for the revival.  I thought it was lovely and an understated 'easter egg', if you will, for fans of both that show and GG..

Rose looked beautiful,  didn't look or sound anything like Gypsy.  I didn't know Melissa directed.  The episodes were a nice series ending.

• Love 2
1 hour ago, shron17 said:

Rose looked beautiful,  didn't look or sound anything like Gypsy

Ms Abdoo also has a recurring role as a Nevada judge on Veep this season. Apologies for being off-topic.

She was on a couple episodes of Scandal this season as well. I'm glad to see her in different roles.

On Tuesday, May 17, 2016 at 10:22 AM, deaja said:

She was on a couple episodes of Scandal this season as well. I'm glad to see her in different roles.

She had a wonderful and very dramatic part on Parenthood. 

(edited)
On 5/17/2016 at 10:22 AM, deaja said:

Every time she pops up on Scandal, I yell Gypsy. She plays such a different character on that show. I really enjoyed her interview with the Gilmore guys. Very entertaining. I loved her role on Parenthood as well. 

Edited by hippielamb
I can't type apparently

Now other news feeds (E News) etc are running with the Alexis had a baby news. They are using Scott's comments. I keep thinking to myself, once again Scott opened his mouth about something. Especially since there was nothing about it other than speculation before.

• Love 2
17 minutes ago, lulu1960 said:

I keep thinking to myself, once again Scott opened his mouth about something. Especially since there was nothing about it other than speculation before

I was thinking the same thing. For man nearing sixty, he seems somewhat lacking in discretion. Perhaps I should send him the plaque we had hanging up in our  apartment when I was growing up that said - "Caution be sure brain is engaged before putting mouth into gear".