Type keyword(s) to search

Netflix Revival: Spoilers and Speculation

• Start Topic

32 minutes ago, junienmomo said:

The LDB actors may well be trolling, but I can easily imagine a scenario in which Logan and Rory have a really intense moving experience, but still don't end up with each other. An example would be that one is there for the other in a major crisis, which gets interpreted as they should be together, but it ultimately falls apart, probably over a trivial lack of communication, the standard ASP mechanism.

Yeah but last we saw him Logan had moved to the other side of the country. If Rory through her job somehow reconnects with him on the west coast or he comes to Richard's funeral then I can see the neccessity to have Logan appear (still doesn't explain why the LaDB is there). Otherwise it makes no sense to me. Of course I'm also fully aware that ASP might just ignore how Rory/Logan ended in S7 and just do whatever she wants in order for it to make sense. Well as much as ASP is capable of making sense.

58 minutes ago, junienmomo said:

The LDB actors may well be trolling, but I can easily imagine a scenario in which Logan and Rory have a really intense moving experience, but still don't end up with each other. An example would be that one is there for the other in a major crisis, which gets interpreted as they should be together, but it ultimately falls apart, probably over a trivial lack of communication, the standard ASP mechanism.

I'm even getting a little zen about the musical. First, it's supposed to be about SH, so our beloved characters will be involved, like Lorelai will be interacting with her fan girl from Bunheads. Second, a musical will involve a lot of the guest actors, so once it's over, we go back to our SH friends.

Even the notion of a musical about SH isn't out of the question. It reminds me of a snarkily funny fanfic in which Rory writes a tv show. 

https://www.fanfiction.net/s/11742039/1/Rory-Writes-a-TV-Show

I too think that Rory might turn to Logan for some "support" when she is floundering in her career, and it causes them to reconnect physically. However, they don't end up together. 

1 hour ago, Smad said:

Yeah but last we saw him Logan had moved to the other side of the country.

Eh, that was 10 years ago - it isn't hard to believe that he's moved back to the area in the interim

• Love 1
1 hour ago, Aloeonatable said:

I too think that Rory might turn to Logan for some "support" when she is floundering in her career, and it causes them to reconnect physically. However, they don't end up together. 

Logan didn't go into the reporter business. It would make more sense for Rory to approach Jess or Mitchum about help regarding writing/journalism.

13 minutes ago, Llywela said:

Eh, that was 10 years ago - it isn't hard to believe that he's moved back to the area in the interim

Well sure. But if Rory is still a reporter she probably won't have a permanent residence in the area.

I think there's so much more press about Rory and Jess/Logan because MV and the LADB guys are doing a lot of talking on social media.  So Milo gets the Jess stuff stirred up, while the LADB teases about Logan.  (MC doesn't do social media, but Tanc especially is a freaking master.)  The press runs with it because they know we're hungry for news and nothing else substantive is coming out.

Plus, they know that love triangles and "will they/won't they" stories are pure click bait.  And since there's approximately a 0.5% chance that Luke/Lorelai "won't" or "aren't" already when the show starts, there's just not as much room for speculation there.  I mean, we've talked a lot about if they'll be married/living together/dating when the revival starts, and whether "the wedding" will be theirs, but I don't think anyone actually doubts that Luke/Lorelai are end game?

• Love 3
4 hours ago, Smad said:

Well sure. But if Rory is still a reporter she probably won't have a permanent residence in the area.

No, but the suggestion I was replying to was that since Logan had moved to the other side of the country when we last saw him, Rory would have to travel out west in order to run into him again - my counter-suggestion is that there's no reason to suppose Logan has stayed out west, meaning Rory could easily run into him while visiting Hartford. That's all.

(edited)
59 minutes ago, photo fox said:

I think there's so much more press about Rory and Jess/Logan because MV and the LADB guys are doing a lot of talking on social media.  So Milo gets the Jess stuff stirred up, while the LADB teases about Logan.  (MC doesn't do social media, but Tanc especially is a freaking master.)  The press runs with it because they know we're hungry for news and nothing else substantive is coming out.

Plus, they know that love triangles and "will they/won't they" stories are pure click bait.  And since there's approximately a 0.5% chance that Luke/Lorelai "won't" or "aren't" already when the show starts, there's just not as much room for speculation there.  I mean, we've talked a lot about if they'll be married/living together/dating when the revival starts, and whether "the wedding" will be theirs, but I don't think anyone actually doubts that Luke/Lorelai are end game?

I always find it surprising that it's only ever Jess/Logan/Dean that gets talked about. I mean the Gilmore Guys during every live show always do the audience voting on those three, maybe add Marty or solo Rory. But they don't ever poll Lorelai+'insert all her love interests here'. I wonder why that is.

But I'm tired of hearing about Rory and Rory's beaus. I want to hear about Emily and Lorelai. I want to know about the town's people. I don't want to know about the musical.

29 minutes ago, Llywela said:

No, but the suggestion I was replying to was that since Logan had moved to the other side of the country when we last saw him, Rory would have to travel out west in order to run into him again - my counter-suggestion is that there's no reason to suppose Logan has stayed out west, meaning Rory could easily run into him while visiting Hartford. That's all.

Ah gotcha. And true.

Edited by Smad
  • Love 2
5 hours ago, Smad said:

I always find it surprising that it's only ever Jess/Logan/Dean that gets talked about. I mean the Gilmore Guys during every live show always do the audience voting on those three, maybe add Marty or solo Rory. But they don't ever poll Lorelai+'insert all her love interests here'. I wonder why that is.

But I'm tired of hearing about Rory and Rory's beaus. I want to hear about Emily and Lorelai. I want to know about the town's people. I don't want to know about the musical.

Ah gotcha. And true.

I totally agree, SMAD.  I get really tired of hearing the whole team thing too.  Being an older listener, the stories that interest me the most are the three ladies relationship and Luke and Lorelai.  

• Love 4
9 hours ago, photo fox said:

(snip)

That's what everyone thought through the original seven seasons. 

However, I don't classify the last moments of the last episode of the last season with one frankly slightly odd kiss and no ILY as fulfillment of the end game expectation. 

Also keep in mind that even when ASP got them together, she prevented so much of the affection we expected, and in some ways there was even less than when they were friends. 

I hope for LL in love, happy, fulfilled, together at least living together. I even expect it. But doubts? I gots bookoos of doubts due to past history. 

• Love 2
6 hours ago, junienmomo said:

That's what everyone thought through the original seven seasons. 

However, I don't classify the last moments of the last episode of the last season with one frankly slightly odd kiss and no ILY as fulfillment of the end game expectation. 

Also keep in mind that even when ASP got them together, she prevented so much of the affection we expected, and in some ways there was even less than when they were friends. 

I hope for LL in love, happy, fulfilled, together at least living together. I even expect it. But doubts? I gots bookoos of doubts due to past history. 

SP gives me hope that us LL shippers will be happy.  He is really invested in this project and has said on numerous occasions that the fans deserve a wedding.  Hopefully he has some influence in this production.  Several comments on twitter have said how much the aging actors appreciate what they had with Gilmore Girls and were happy to have another chance to be back. Hopefully ASP shares in that appreciation and has grown up as well and is invested in the fans.

It will be interesting to hear SPs "big announcement" on the podcast tomorrow.  I'll be surprised if it's not the release date.

• Love 3
5 minutes ago, FictionLover said:

That is so not a Luke outfit :)  Must be the wrap-up party they have been tweeting about.

You could easily be right. That looks an awful lot like a beer in his hand.

(edited)
3 minutes ago, junienmomo said:

You could easily be right. That looks an awful lot like a beer in his hand.

It makes me chuckle thinking of Luke in cropped pants and flip-flops!

Edited by FictionLover
  • Love 2

CoffeeDrinker pointed out to me that the boys and Alexis are wearing the same clothes as other BTS pictures. So it probably is from actual filming. Luke in shorts. Boggles the mind.

• Love 2

So, I know the picture is of the actors not the characters, but it made me speculate that Luke has taken his godfather role to heart and has a close relationship with Lane's twins.  I would love that!

• Love 3
17 minutes ago, shron17 said:

So, I know the picture is of the actors not the characters, but it made me speculate that Luke has taken his godfather role to heart and has a close relationship with Lane's twins.  I would love that!

Oooh I forgot that Luke was their godfather. That would be cool if they mentioned that again. :)

• Love 1
1 hour ago, elang4 said:

Oooh I forgot that Luke was their godfather. That would be cool if they mentioned that again. :)

Only if ASP knows that since it happened in S7.

5 minutes ago, Smad said:

Only if ASP knows that since it happened in S7.

The good news is she does at least know about Steve and Kwan since they were born in season 7. 

23 minutes ago, shron17 said:

The good news is she does at least know about Steve and Kwan since they were born in season 7. 

If asked, I'm sure she'll deny and say that she just had the idea that Lane had twins and randomly picked out the names Steve and Kwan.  ;)

So I was wondering, does anybody think it is possible that L&L have a kid?  With all the cast members being announced and photos leaked, do you think it is possible?  As we have mentioned in previous posts, not much has been said about those two with the exception of the Entertainment Weekly story. It seems they have kept an exceptionally tight lid on their story.

• Love 2

So I was wondering, does anybody think it is possible that L&L have a kid? 

It's possible in the sense that they are physically able to have had a kid, but since it seems they are not married, I can't see Lorelai having a second kid out of wedlock for no real reason. 

3 minutes ago, txhorns79 said:

It's possible in the sense that they are physically able to have had a kid, but since it seems they are not married, I can't see Lorelai having a second kid out of wedlock for no real reason. 

I didn't mean biologically, I meant with all the media that has been posted and cast member announced. Could it have been kept quiet? 

• Love 1

I didn't mean biologically, I meant with all the media that has been posted and cast member announced. Could it have been kept quiet? 

It's possible that storyline didn't leak.  I just didn't think it would make sense for the character to have a child together, if they aren't going to be married on the revival. 

23 minutes ago, txhorns79 said:

It's possible that storyline didn't leak.  I just didn't think it would make sense for the character to have a child together, if they aren't going to be married on the revival. 

I guess it's hard because a lot of the fans want a wedding and for them to have kids but it's quite difficult for them to do both.

1 hour ago, FictionLover said:

So I was wondering, does anybody think it is possible that L&L have a kid?  With all the cast members being announced and photos leaked, do you think it is possible?  As we have mentioned in previous posts, not much has been said about those two with the exception of the Entertainment Weekly story. It seems they have kept an exceptionally tight lid on their story.

I think at this point anything is possible for L&L.  We know so little and I feel like what we do know is too simple to be the whole story.  I'm trying to not pass judgement about what we think we know, stay open to all of the wonderful possibilities and wait and see.

• Love 1

Are we absolutely sure Luke and Lorelei are not married? There's a lot of churn in the spoilers but I don't know that anything about them was definite. Has anyone heard anything?

I guess it's hard because a lot of the fans want a wedding and for them to have kids but it's quite difficult for them to do both.

Maybe it's a cultural thing, but on my neck of the woods it's quite common for committed couples to have children and not ever bother getting married, or chosing to do it way down the line. More commonly, they might have it recongnized (and dissolved) by the state, something similar to your civil unions, only in Brasil cohabitation grants all rights a marriage confers. 

• Love 1

Maybe it's a cultural thing, but on my neck of the woods it's quite common for committed couples to have children and not ever bother getting married, or chosing to do it way down the line. More commonly, they might have it recongnized (and dissolved) by the state, something similar to your civil unions, only in Brasil cohabitation grants all rights a marriage confers. 

True.  I just think with Lorelai's particular history, she'd want to be married before she had more kids. 

• Love 1
(edited)

True.  I just think with Lorelai's particular history, she'd want to be married before she had more kids. 

I wonder about that, what with her failed marriage with Christopher. Same goes for Luke and his marriage to Nicole. YMMV, but, I lean more towards both of them having grown substantially detached of the notion of getting married again.

Not to mention they have crashed and burned before, and the Town's people made it a circus. If Luke and Lorelai actually had went through a full on divorce I can only imagine how much more humiliating it would have been. Giving it another go and making it a quiet and discreet relationship would seem more appealing to them, in this context, imo.

Edited by cuddlingcrowley
  • Love 4
48 minutes ago, Deevee45 said:

Are we absolutely sure Luke and Lorelei are not married? There's a lot of churn in the spoilers but I don't know that anything about them was definite. Has anyone heard anything?

The Entertainment Weekly article states they are together but not married.

They clearly wanted kids in season six but I think the wedding and marriage was not quite as strong.  Lorelai had just a couple of years before her fertility would go way down which means if they had a kid that child would be about the same age or a year or two younger than Lane's kids. 

The Entertainment Weekly article is the only one saying they aren't married. I'm not sure that that was not a plant or a simple error, but there's no reason to doubt it. On the other hand in the few LL photographs none of them have showed wedding rings or an engagement ring for Lorelai.

13 hours ago, lulu1960 said:

CoffeeDrinker pointed out to me that the boys and Alexis are wearing the same clothes as other BTS pictures. So it probably is from actual filming. Luke in shorts. Boggles the mind.

Boggles the mind, yes, but don't you think Luke's mind is already Boggled after ten years in a presumably happy cohabitation relationship with Lorelai? Or perhaps his mind is Bop-Itted or Twistered. 

• Love 1
(edited)
30 minutes ago, FictionLover said:

It appears that the quoting in the last message didn't quite work. Probably a bug in the new software. 

I didn't say it was disappointing, although my opinion isn't far from it.

I found the podcast enjoyable, the "big" announcement wasn't big at all. Due to incomplete negotiations, it had become a pre-announcement for an event with Scott in Philadelphia. It is a thank you to fans from him, and sounds as if it will have some GG content from his own perspective. Definitely not a release date. 

Edited by junienmomo

He cracks me up! No CRAZY Casting News- just that Michael filmed a non-speaking Cameo role. Haha. 

Well his last appearance was sublime. The way he looked at that book. Why he didn't win an Emmy is beyond me. ;)

• Love 3
39 minutes ago, Smad said:

I still can't get over Lauren's eyes. Why do I feel like there's something wrong. They look weird.

She looks like she's been crying.  Maybe a scene about Richard?  Could also explain Scott's comment about the Emmy.

• Love 1