Type keyword(s) to search

Robert Herjavec: Always Ready to Participate

Lisin
  • Start Topic

I believe from comments on TWOP that I am in the minority on not really wanting him on the show.  I mean I used to hate that Lori and Barbara had to alternate when Robert was there every week and 1.) rarely take deals 2.) IMO not bring much to the table other than (as the OP says) jump up and play with whatever toy someone brings into the Tank.

Now Babs and Lori co-exist, but seemingly at the expense of Daymond--who I find a lot more interesting than Robert.

Kromm, usually you and I are in synch, but I admit I have a huge shark-crush on Robert. If I were ever smart enough to invent something, I'd want him as my investor/advisor/Svengali. As Lisin says, he's always game to try anything.

• Love 4

I have a crush on Robert, too. He is always so kind, enthusiastic, encouraging, and respectful. I just don't understand why the other sharks are so nasty to him, or why the entrepreneurs are so quick to dismiss him, hoping that another shark will make an offer, so that they won't have to accept Robert's.

• Love 1
(edited)

For what it's worth, Robert was sort-of the "odd man out" when he was on Dragons Den (Canada). There were interviews in which dragons indicated they would all hang out socially, except him.

Nothing concrete to back this up, but I get the sense that Robert takes money a little more personally than some others. (Perhaps as a result of his low-income upbringing.). Whereas Kevin is downright cartoonish, and Mark treats it all like pocket change, Robert conveys that money is dear and gets insulted if the entrepreneurs don't act the same way.

Edited by Amarsir
  • Love 3

Always ready to participate, but not ready to invest.

Robert seems out of touch for someone in tech.  And he draws completely from his own experience every single time.  For example, with the wedding dress resell site, he was adamant that no one would ever do this and if a bride to be couldn't afford a 10K$ gown, she'd buy a new $500 one instead.  Not true. 

One of the more dangerous things I have seen new marketers do is to think from their own point of view and perspective instead of understanding the market and target.  I'd expect better from a shark!

• Love 3

Robert's value is as much in his effect on the other sharks as whether he makes a deal or not. He always seems to focus the questioning on what matters. I like him a lot. He is my favorite Shark with Mark Cuban as a close second. I don't think Robert has an identified niche as much as the others despite his background. Cuban is seen more as the excited innovator of tech even though his background is more about the user experience than the tech itself. Most people don't truly understand what Robert does and he probably does need to differentiate himself a little, but I think he's a man of character and he is DEFINITELY the most willing to jump in and give a product, service, or demonstration a fair shake. Watching him race Daymond through that kid bouncy thing remains one of my favorite Shark Tank moments.

• Love 4

I quite like Robert. Perhaps because he always seems sincere. And yes, his being Canadian (as am I) and a cutie don't hurt. But he is beginning to annoy me because he is fawning over Lori, whom I don't like. My mother says he's just being a gentleman. But next week's promo shows Robert being one of those who blasts Lori and walks off the set. Go Robert!!!

• Love 2

As discussed in this topic already Robert will be on Dancing With The Stars this season. Detailed discussion of his performance should take place in that forum.

Some discussion of DWTS is OK in this forum but please use spoiler tags for any major events so that anyone who hasn't yet watched a particular episode isn't unintentionally spoiled here. Thanks!

• Love 1

It is sad.  There's a story in People this week saying he 'wanted to end it all' at first.  

He's charming on DWTS and there are romance rumors about him and Kym, who was also Mark's dance partner.   

5 minutes ago, cooksdelight said:

They are married now, you can Google for wedding photos. They look very happy.

Their first dance was to the song, At Last.  They are very happy and I for them.  What a cool love story they have. 

I wonder if we will see her on DWTS again.  She no longer HAS to work, it would be because she wants to work.  Does she want to do it, is the question.  I love this picture of her without make up.  Beautiful. 

2A762C1F00000578-3157957-image-a-53_1436

Edited by wings707
  • Love 5

Update.  Kym said she has hung up her dancing shoes.  :^)  She is an athlete and he LOVES athletic endeavors so they will keep in shape together and have a wonderful life.  I just love their story.  

• Love 3
On 11/9/2017 at 11:09 PM, KaveDweller said:

Yeah, that's a pretty terrible claim. It just shows you that you can never really tell what a person is like behind closed doors (if true).

Well, regardless, Robert will be tried and convicted in The Court of Public Opinion within 2 weeks, tops.

i think robert is the weakest shark of all. his deals dont go thru most which is why he is like the last option. Kevin is an rude ego maniac but it seems his companies have been profitable to an extent. i think robert wants to be the nice guy who everyone loves but then gets pissed of when every one ignores him.