Type keyword(s) to search

The Expanse in the Media

ApathyMonger
  • Start Topic

16 hours ago, Gillian Rosh said:

I am super envious of Avasarala's wardrobe!

I seriously don't know how they haven't received an Emmy nomination for Outstanding Costume.

1yfzy54whmu01.jpg

• Love 4
(edited)
On 7/18/2019 at 9:54 AM, Danny Franks said:

Not keen on Naomi's new hair. Dominque Tipper still looks great, but she looked even more great with the shaved sides.

I think she is leaving behind her Belter identity, and the new hair style is part of that.

Edited by marinw
  • Love 2
13 minutes ago, marinw said:

I think she is leaving behind her Belter identity, and the new hair style part of that.

Yep, I think that's the reasoning and also: that Belter do gets much more high-maintenance in a gravity well.

• Love 1

Ooooh, I love the focus on Naomi-- her first time under an open sky.  It must be overwhelming and a bit discomforting to not see boundaries around you for the first time.

Anyone know where this was filmed?  And don't tell me on a distant planet.  (I forget what they called the new planet.)

I'm glad we finally have a premier date, even if it means waiting til Dec.

4 hours ago, grawlix said:

I wonder where is Bobbie?  The epilogue scenes from the end of last season seemed to imply Bobbie joined the crew of the Rocinante...

I couldn’t find the link to post, but in the IMDB cast interview at ComicCon, she was clearly there and mentioned 

Spoiler

Bobbie will be seen on the surface of Mars for the first time since her first appearance on the series.

(edited)
On 7/20/2019 at 8:31 PM, marinw said:

Lood great, Still don't know if it will be on Space in Canada or if I need to spring for a Prime membership.

Space still has it on its site. Here is hoping that Space retains Canadian right. But with Lord of the Rings coming, I think it is just a matter of time until I need to subscribe to Amazon Prime.

Edited by TV Anonymous
  • Useful 1
On 7/21/2019 at 7:24 AM, Haleth said:

Ooooh, I love the focus on Naomi-- her first time under an open sky.  It must be overwhelming and a bit discomforting to not see boundaries around you for the first time.

I hadn't thought about the sky. The thing I was noticed was the fact that she had to deal with gravity. In the clip where she is exercising, the medical stats are monitoring things like muscle mass and bone density. 

I love the fact that Amos is still wearing one of the old gas company uniforms.

2 hours ago, xaxat said:

I hadn't thought about the sky.

The big open sky is really not something we tend to think about too much (maybe we should) but for someone like Naomi who apparently spent her life on space-ships or space-stations it must be overwhelming. Even Bobbie was struggling despite her training outside the spheres (?) on Mars. The guy peddling meds told her how to walk and focus on the horizon.

Well ... after watching those clips, I'm happy I won't be able to watch this stupid show since I don't like the facial hair ... wah, 😭 I really do not want to buy a streaming service and I've never bought anything on Amazon so getting the Prime thing doesn't interest me. Wah, 😭

December? God damn it. I'm rewatching the first three seasons, in preparation for season 4, and I'm already three episodes into season 3.

I'm struggling to remember a lot of book four, to be honest. It wasn't great, and isn't one I'd choose to reread, but the bits of the trailer I can place seem consistent with it.

And yeah, Naomi will never have been on a planet before, as crazy as that is to consider. The books make some mention of the fact that she could never visit Earth (or Mars, probably), but I don't recall that the show has. Remember the Belter in season one, being tortured simply by letting him hang limp in Earth's gravity? Even though the show has fudged the physical appearances of Belters (out of necessity), Naomi's bone denseness and muscles wouldn't be able to cope with Earth gravity.

Are all episodes going to be available at once?

If so, I may have to resist the urge to binge because it will mean finishing S4 in a week or less, and then waiting another 1-2 years for the next season! Unless they can crank them out faster.

(edited)
On 7/24/2019 at 9:35 PM, Tachi Rocinante said:

Are all episodes going to be available at once?

If so, I may have to resist the urge to binge because it will mean finishing S4 in a week or less, and then waiting another 1-2 years for the next season! Unless they can crank them out faster.

Amazon normally releases an entire season at the same time.

Part of the extended period between seasons is due to the shift from SYFY to Amazon. How long the wait for next season would depend in part of when preproduction starts and whether Amazon has allowed that preproduction to have begun. At this point, preproduction would not be dependent on the release date. As a comparison, Outlander has been beginning production on the following season when the filming season is about halfway through, and the droughtlander, as it is called, is still reaching roughly 18 months.

Edited by theschnauzers

Although I still have some trepidation about Amazon picking up this beloved show, It did come at a good point in the canon. After Ilus and all the other worlds are made accesaible, the canon (and the show) increases in scope and will bo doubt feel a different in tone.

1 hour ago, Netfoot said:
1 hour ago, Tachi Rocinante said:

Lyndie Greenwood is joining the cast of some show called The Expense...

A show about accounting in space?

Lyndie Greenwood is quoted as saying "Finally, I can use my accounting degree!".

So I'm totally claiming credit for the early renewal. My rewatch of the entire show on Amazon Prime was clearly what convinced them that season 5 was already a safe bet.

Seriously though, the Amazon people must be thrilled with the quality of season 4, and the buzz they think it's going to generate, to make a decision this early. Great news.

• Love 2
On 8/1/2019 at 8:14 PM, raven said:

Teaser with a few new shots, including Avasarala looking fabulous

Spoiler

I see Miller is still hanging around in Holden's head. 

• Love 1
On 7/19/2019 at 2:38 PM, xaxat said:

I seriously don't know how they haven't received an Emmy nomination for Outstanding Costume.

Avasarala's wardrobe is amazing, but everyone else's outfits are utilitarian and not overly showy, which is partly why Avasarala stands out so much, even while wearing a borrowed flightsuit. 

1 hour ago, scottiB said:

Though the show has moved from SyFy, it will continue the podcast, The Churn, with Ana Marie Cox now hosting. Clip with the cast at NYC Comic Con. 

PleasePleasePlease tell me that Cher Martinetti will not be on the podcast.  She is beyond useless and talks like a tween.

On 10/6/2019 at 1:34 PM, marinw said:

Avasarala's wardrobe is amazing, but everyone else's outfits are utilitarian and not overly showy, which is partly why Avasarala stands out so much, even while wearing a borrowed flightsuit. 

She may overshadow them, but other costumes look really good as well.

c216aciknudrcikoppml.jpg

mcrn-min-2.jpg?w=416&h=416&crop=1

latest?cb=20150712224254

• Love 2
7 hours ago, xaxat said:

She may overshadow them, but other costumes look really good as well.

Point taken! All the awesome uniforms and flight suits. Low key and practical but very well done.

• Love 2
On 10/6/2019 at 12:34 PM, marinw said:

Yeah, but don't all those cool Belter vac-suits and Martian body armor count as costumes?

• Love 1