Type keyword(s) to search

The Expanse in the Media

ApathyMonger
  • Start Topic

32 minutes ago, marinw said:

New trailer!:

Looks like Bobbie is replaceing Alex on the Roci.

I realise they had to keep Marcos and his guyliner around to be the bad guy, but I truly do hope we get a satisfying death.

I hope we get more of Holden this season, I feel like he didn't do a whole lot in Season 5.

Wes Chatham is a big guy to begin with, but he looks like he put some more weight on during the pandemic.

• Love 5

Avasalara gets another fabulous jumpsuit. I like to focus on what's important.

Doesn't seem to be a lot of stuff about the worlds beyond the Ring. Maybe it's better that way?

Edited by marinw
  • Love 7
48 minutes ago, marinw said:

Avasalara get another fabulous jumpsuit. I like to focus on what's important.

Doesn't seem to be a lot of stuff about the worlds beyond the Ring. Maybe it's better that way?

I wondered about the girl in the last scene.

Spoiler

Could she be Duarte's daughter? I was hoping they would wrap things up this side of the Ring but maybe they add some teasers since they also said they would keep an open mind about more seasons.

7 minutes ago, MissLucas said:

I think you're spec behind the tag is correct.

I'm cautiously optimistic.  Last season ended up being messy with all of the editing out of Cas Anvar they did.  This season should be more cohesive and on a par with earlier seasons.

Bobbie on the Roci makes sense and I am so here for Bobbie and Avasarala together again.

Shut up, Marco.

• Love 4
3 hours ago, marinw said:

That would be a disappointment.  One of the beautiful things about the end of Season Three was that they opened up the whole galaxy (or more?) for adventure.

• Love 4
On 11/16/2021 at 9:55 PM, JZL said:

That would be a disappointment.  One of the beautiful things about the end of Season Three was that they opened up the whole galaxy (or more?) for adventure.

Methinks the show is more interested in how the presence of the Ring effects those who remain in the Solar system. One would assume that the anticipated or real de-population of the Solar System would put less tension on Earth, Mars, and the Belt but it seems that the opposite is what's hapening. The Ring won't solve all the problems in the Sol System anymore than the colinization of the Americas solved all the conflicts in Europe.

Edited by marinw
  • Love 2

Not excited about Clarissa joining the Roci; never really liked the character and not interested in seeing a relationship between her and Amos. 

But yay for Bobbi joining the gang! 

So over Marco hope he dies...

• Love 1

There are some reviews up from people who seen Season 6 - nothing spoilery, but then I am not looking for spoilers and read fairly cautiously. The reviews mostly seem to feel that the series is clearly keeping the door open for a followup movie or series (a la Firefly, I suppose) and most say that we do get a conclusion, of sorts.

• Useful 1
  • Love 2
On 11/16/2021 at 6:25 PM, MissLucas said:

Spoiler

I changed my mind and think that is Cara in that last scene.  That's because of the odd creature watching her, could be one of the "repair dogs".

Anyway - tomorrow!!!

Per TVDB, Amazon will be dropping a new episode each week for 6 weeks.  If for some reason they release them all *please* I'll get the episode topics done - don't talk about future episodes in a current episode topic.  Thanks!

• Love 1

Telltale Games is releasing, The Expanse: A Telltale Series, a prequal to The Expanse TV series. In the video game will be Camina Drummer, voiced by the same actor from the TV series, Cara Gee. Release date and Platform has not been announced yet.

• Useful 1
  • Love 1

Why the Expanse is ending after six seasons.

Not a lot we don't already know.  There is some discussion that a spin-off may be possible sometime but it's up to Alcon.

Franck said: "Alcon —our studio—is very committed to the IP. They have lots of plans. We'll see what happens after that."

. . . However, at present there is no news on whether the show will get a spin-off.

It also has a brief video interview of Tipper and Strait which I quit watching as it was mildly spoilery.

Edited by JZL
  • Love 1

Interesting interpretation of the Finale: 

56 minutes ago, Melina22 said:

Thank you for this link! Shohreh Aghdashloo has had such a long, interesting career. She was even on 24, one of favourite shows of all time. I keep comparing 24 to The Expanse because both shows illustrate how huge political conflicts have personal ramifacations.

• Love 1

I don't play video games (and I was once told that these previews are never in the game) but that does look good and makes me miss the show.  I've often thought that if they did want to wrap up the TV show to the books, animation might be the way to go.   Maybe some day!