Type keyword(s) to search

The Expanse in the Media

ApathyMonger
  • Start Topic

Thanks for the link! I always wondered why he wasn't doing recaps on his channel since he's such a sci-fi nerd. And he's a fantastic narrator - managed to boil down the whole thing in 15 minutes without missing a beat. And I love how Amazon Prime played along giving him all the special effects he desired 😁

• Love 2

Question for folks -- is Jared Harris going to be in the next season?  I'll check IMdB and maybe answer my own question.

Ed. Note:  Looks like a no on Expanse - but he's playing Hari Seldon in a pre-production version of Asimov's Foundation series!  Yay!

Edited by Captanne
  • Useful 3
  • Love 3

Ever since I saw all the great save the expanse videos I've been wanting to make a fan video of my own. So I made one about Alex and Bobbie set to the country song Find out who your friends are by Tracy Lawrence. It's not totally done yet cause I can't think of any more clips to put it. Maybe you can give me tips?

Edited by Holmbo
  • Love 2
7 hours ago, marinw said:

Fantastic interview - I did notice Amos talking to the kid and came to the implied horrifying conclusion. It explains so much about the character and why he was losing it in the dark. Once the show is over I hope Chatham keeps getting jobs deserving of his talent and dedication.

• Love 4

The Expanse is a hit!

Season four debuted on Friday on Prime Video, and it looks like the show is a hit. The series' audience demand in the US increased by 34% week-over-week, Parrot Analytics said on Monday, making it the data company's seventh-most in-demand digital original in the US this week.

• Useful 1
  • Love 5
14 hours ago, raven said:

I don't know the economics behind the decision. But, with the exception of an occasional Twilight Zone marathon, I have not watched anything on SYFY since they canceled the show.

They could have new shows that I would like, but I would no idea because the network just doesn't register for me.

• Love 1
1 hour ago, Danny Franks said:

So this is cool: Bobbie's sister-in-law was given the name Rana, as a tribute to Rana from the Normies, who have been reacting to The Expanse on Youtube and became huge fans and supporters of the show. Ty Franck even commented on their 4x01 watch, to confirm that the character is named after her.

That's awesome! I saw their video and Rana's reaction to someone having her name. But they weren't sure if it was intentional.

The Normies are great. They made funny skits about the show aswell.

Edited by Holmbo
  • Love 1
5 minutes ago, Gillian Rosh said:

New York Times' Paul Krugman: The Macroeconomics of 'The Expanse'

Great aticle, thanks for linking @Gillian Rosh. I can't help but to compare the plight of the Earthers and Martians to the Utopian Vision of Trekanomics. The people in Star Trek live in a post-scarsity economy, the Expanse Folks clearly still have to deal with shortages of things.

The Belters have endured plenty of harship, but every Belter seems to have a job and a purpose. Their economy must be set up differently.

• Love 1
27 minutes ago, marinw said:

Thanks for this @Holmbo. I am surprised that the audience is mostly male. 

Me too. I thought there would be more male than female, but not this much. It might just be that the people on reddit are more male and the majority of respondents came from there. Could there be other forums were hoards of female fans hang out? 😄

• Love 1
On 12/30/2019 at 11:55 AM, marinw said:

Thanks for this @Holmbo. I am surprised that the audience is mostly male. 

I think you nailed it @Holmbo. I suspect that the number is is flawed because it is a self selected sample. I don't know about The Expanse sub, but most reports have Reddit skewing male. It's not a survey of people who watch The Expanse, it's a survey of people on Reddit who watch The Expanse. (And felt like taking the survey.)

• Useful 1
  • Love 3

Amos Is Enough Reason to Finally Watch ‘The Expanse’

I want you to imagine your personal favorite TV character delivering the line “I haven’t felt fear since I was 5 years old.” Don Draper saying it, Logan Roy saying it, John Luther saying it, Jim Hopper saying it. (We’re probably talking about a dude here, given the line’s wanton dudeliness, but sure, imagine, like, Villanelle or even Fleabag saying it.)

So: “I haven’t felt fear since I was 5 years old.” How’d that go for you? Not well, yes? Did your personal favorite TV character perhaps sound a wee bit unconvincing? Brotastic? Ridiculous? Embarrassed? Embarrassing? Who among us, even in these glorious streaming-era boom times, can invest those words with the precise deadpan-badass tone that will hint at tragedy without lapsing into disastrous unintentional comedy?

One among us. This guy.

And there is a blooper real from the season

• Love 2