Type keyword(s) to search

The Expanse in the Media

ApathyMonger
  • Start Topic

On 11/25/2020 at 6:01 AM, MissLucas said:

There's got to be  a lot of story-line compressing in season 6. Season 5 will cover volume 5 & 6 of the book series, volume 9 is announced for next year.

Source?

We need to get a Save the Expanse Again movement going.  From Chatham's quote a month or two ago, the cast and staff were up for doing all the books.  Of course, for them it's a paycheck, too.

• Love 1
5 hours ago, MissLucas said:

Great interview with Shohreh Aghdashloo and Cara Gee - the explanation for Drummer's make-up makes me love Gee even more than I already did.

That link seems to be to an article in Science Magazine about allergic reactions to COVID-19 vaccines. Maybe you copied & pasted the wrong link?

On 11/24/2020 at 2:39 PM, quazimodo said:
On 11/25/2020 at 5:01 AM, MissLucas said:

There's got to be  a lot of story-line compressing in season 6. Season 5 will cover volume 5 & 6 of the book series, volume 9 is announced for next year.

On 11/24/2020 at 4:09 PM, xaxat said:

I'm kind of surprised considering that the owner of the studio and richest man in the world is apparently a big fan of the show.

I'm disappointed to hear we'll only get one more season. I'm not a book reader, but if there's 9 volumes and Jeff Bezos is a big fan I'm really surprised that season 6 will be the last. 

10 hours ago, marinw said:

Anyone know about the status of The Churn podcast? I don't see anything new on my feed.

Good question. Last year it was no longer the official expanse podcast but instead had some interesting political science commentary relating to the Expanse world. But this year I see nothing from it. 

I've heard there's some after show with the authors and Wes but I'm gonna wait until after the season has finished to watch that since those SA Coreys tends to get into a bit too much book knowledge for my taste. 

• Useful 1
23 hours ago, Gillian Rosh said:

Jasai Chase Owens, who plays Filip and Jeff Woolnough, who directed the episode, are guests on The Expanse Aftershow

I haven't seen this episode yet, but I watched the others.  Wes Chatham is really good!  He calls it "Ty and That Guy."

• Love 1
2 hours ago, Katsullivan said:

I know this has been said ad infinitum but the casting for Filip is uncanny!

It's eerie, right!

I haven't seen this episode yet, but I watched the others.  Wes Chatham is really good!  He calls it "Ty and That Guy."

Yeah, I've been watching the aftershow episodes, and Wes seems like a natural at hosting.

• Love 2
3 hours ago, Katsullivan said:

I know this has been said ad infinitum but the casting for Filip is uncanny!

34 minutes ago, Gillian Rosh said:

It's eerie, right!

When I first saw the screen shot (or whatever it's called) for the aftershow, I thought it was Wes Chatham and Dominique Tipper.  When I looked closer, I realized it was Jasai Chase Owens.

• Love 1

Some discussion of the final ep of S5 and the Alex character.  Book spoilers about Alex and Fred Johnson.

We started talking about it very early in season five, actually, because as we were developing the story, what we realized is that we're telling a story about war and people who do very violent things and a group of people that we care about struggling to reconnect with each other and help each other and find each other in the midst of this tremendous cataclysm all around them.

I'm not sure I believe that they discussed it earlier in the season.

• Love 1
On 2/24/2021 at 8:10 AM, Holmbo said:

Here are the results of my fan survey

Very nice.  The consensus season rank was how I ranked them, too. 

Holden doesn't get near enough respect.  🙃

• Love 1

Amazon is heading to New York Comic Con and bringing with it some of its biggest shows.

THE EXPANSE: Exclusive Q&A with Cast & Creators (Virtual Screening)

Fri, Oct 8, 2021       12:45 PM - 1:45 PM         Room 411

The cast and creators come together to give fans a first look at the highly anticipated 6th and final season of The Expanse on Amazon Prime Video. Set in a colonized solar system, The Expanse begins with the governments of Earth, Mars and the Asteroid Belt locked in long-standing conflict. The crew of the Rocinante – an illegally salvaged warship – stumbles on a vast conspiracy and a mysterious alien technology that threatens to upend the balance of power and the fate of humanity. The Expanse is a high-action, realistic sci-fi adventure that broadens the vision of humanity’s path in the future as well as a deeply-felt examination of the most critical, raw, and pressing issues of today. Seasons 1 – 5 are currently available to stream on Prime Video.

All panels will be streamed live through NYCC’s official website and FindTheMetaverse.com.

• Love 2
On 9/16/2021 at 3:17 PM, AnimeMania said:

Amazon is heading to New York Comic Con and bringing with it some of its biggest shows.

THE EXPANSE: Exclusive Q&A with Cast & Creators (Virtual Screening)

Fri, Oct 8, 2021       12:45 PM - 1:45 PM         Room 411

All panels will be streamed live through NYCC’s official website and FindTheMetaverse.com.

Is the stream free or do you need to pay for access?

Free on the livestream!

Sat, Oct 9, 2021
2:30 PM - 3:30 PM
Main Stage 1D Hall

Join the main leads: Wes Chatham and Steven Strait of the hit Amazon show; The Expanse as they reflect on the series and answer fan questions!

To watch this panel live as it happens, tune into our free livestreams:  nycc21.com/live

Per TVLine, the final season will premiere on Friday, December 10th.

Season Six - 45-second "Official Teaser"

From TVLine's article:

The sci-fi drama’s sixth and final season will kick off on Friday, Dec. 10, it was announced Friday during the show’s New York Comic Con panel. The six-episode swan song will roll out weekly on Fridays, wrapping with the series finale on Jan. 14, 2022.

• Useful 1
  • Love 4
2 hours ago, orodromeus said:

6 episodes, weekly from Dec-10!

Perfect timing - as the last book will be out by then and the die hards will have already devoured it. It will be interesting to see how show and books will differ in tying up the story (though it seems they want to keep a door open for the show to continue).

• Love 1

I'm glad this show is back!  

I realize they have to keep Marcos to be the Final Boss, but couldn't they have killed Filip off-screen between seasons?  The character is awful and the actor isn't the best.  Have him die of something fitting, like choking to death on his own vomit while on a spacewalk, or a lethal yeast infection.

• LOL 1

Having read synopses of the books, I suspect it is because of the shift in characters and aging of characters. The Expanse TV series is as much about the characters as the plot.

Nothing says the show has to follow the books, of course, and the content could be altered quite a bit - except the writers are pretty heavily involved with the series.

Edited by WildPlum