Type keyword(s) to search

Married By Mom And Dad - General Discussion

• Start Topic

Well, here in America we do have a game called "Gay or European?" so...

But Mitch's meltdown to production after was exactly what I would expect a closet case to do. In my (West Hollywood, ahem) experience, a lot of "metro" guys with gfs play around with guys on the side or have in the past. Just my read.

I wouldn't be surprised if Mitch was gay or Bi.  I think the way Emily handled it by setting her actress friend Suziey (really?) ask on camera was all wrong. Then Emily's non asking asking and non answering answering with a smirk was even more wrong

Emily responded to someone who asked if the marriage was legal:

Emily Rhoads Was ready to be legal but everything happened faster than paperwork was finished

February 24 at 9:40pm

Emily Rhoads Thank you for the message and for seeing through all the bs! Yes, I was worried about that. But Everything happened faster than the paperwork, aka prenup and marriage license. It was on its way to being legit after the ceremony but things started going down before we signed the final paperwork. So we never made it to being legally married. Producers don't like to share timelines. And a TON of footage was not aired.
Like · Reply · 1 · 22 hrs

• Love 1

I think mitch and chandler should have a spinoff. Not with each other, they wouldn't be a good match. I feel the story is unfinished with those two.

I admit there was some milking of the gay storyline, but nowadays, especially with decent caring parents, if Mitch were gay why would he hide it?

• Love 1

...if Mitch were gay why would he hide it?

Although may exist personal motives for one to hide  his/her sexual orientation, overall I agree. In a country where same-sex mariage is legal why choose a woman to marry instead of another guy if he's gay?! Especialy in a liberal zone of the country as is where he lives. He could even raise a family there, i guess. Adoption , surrogate... So why put himself up for serious troubles in the future and run the risk his parents and everyone discover in the worst way? I don't get it!

(edited)

But Mitch's meltdown to production after was exactly what I would expect a closet case to do

Why? I honestly don't understand why he wasn't entitled to a meltdown after what happened to him! That didn't make him gay, made him human.

By this way of thinking, if I understood well, I find curious that no one in the show asked if Emily was gay or Bi!  She speaks, walks, reacts emotionaly like a man (if we are stereotyping), has strong angular features, big nose, even her voice was masculine. She even didn't know how to cut the bread?!!! That one seems and walks like a duck. And no one seemed to question that!

Edited by Nanda
  • Love 4

If reaity TV is moving toward blind marriage themes they really have to drop the friends and family being shocked and thinking it crazy.  Of course they do. It has become a cliche already! 

I do like the parents choosing but who picked the contenders? I do not want to hear the word experts on this show EVER

• Love 3

Okay, let's see if I can remember the kids:  Devin, the self-obsessed former-NFLer.... some lady I can't remember who jokes that her parents (5-times-married Dad?) need to pick a guy who "can afford her" (yeeps!)...wait, is that all we met in tonight's show? Hmmm, so basically unremarkable trainwrecks-in-the-making. I'll give it one more episode.

• Love 3

Impending disaster - I wasn't impressed with anyone thus far. I wish his parents knew the real sleeping around & cheating Devin, because if they had any sense they wouldn't pick anyone for him, for the woman's sake. Then in the previews didn't he say he f*d the wedding planner?? He needs STD testing before he goes near anyone; blech. No way is this guy marriage material. I feel like I need a shower after watching his segments.

The women so far, again I'm feeling an immaturity level. Who picks a father to help her find a mate who has been married 5 times himself? Yeah, that should work...

The other one with the red streaks guzzling wine needs someone who can 'afford her' & admits to being difficult. What she really needs is a decent shirt & a bra at least for when dad is over. Again, not marriage ready.

There's someone else next week... my hopes are not too high given what I've already seen.

Edited by gonecrackers
  • Love 10

Devine is the epitome of a grown ass boy. He looks like a man and has trappings of manhood on paper, but he is nothing but a spoiled 14 year old boy on the inside . Parents really need to stop releasing these unfinished teenagers in grown-upbodies into the world with the rest of us. There are also technically adult women who fit into the grown ass girl category too.

• Love 10

Devin the playa...yeah that's gonna work, lol!  And as if he didn't gross me out enough, his mom was worse.  Damn, she looks rough.  She needs to fix her hair and put on some makeup, and she needs to quit smoking.  It's ruining her skin and that smoker's voice is disgusting.  Based on how little she cares for her appearance, my bet is she smells like an ashtray too.  And srsly, who can't walk down a dock and take a step onto a boat?

• Love 1
23 minutes ago, Dittohead said:

Ursula did herself a big favor by admitting to Devin's parents that she had texted him.  By eliminating herself from the competition, she dodged a serious bullet.  

Yes and what his parents don't know is that she fucked him too!  

• Love 1
On 11/28/2016 at 4:45 PM, gonecrackers said:

Impending disaster - I wasn't impressed with anyone thus far. I wish his parents knew the real sleeping around & cheating Devin, because if they had any sense they wouldn't pick anyone for him, for the woman's sake. Then in the previews didn't he say he f*d the wedding planner?? He needs STD testing before he goes near anyone; blech. No way is this guy marriage material. I feel like I need a shower after watching his segments.

And he's only 26. How old was the blonde his father picked out? The mother kept saying she was too young.  All of these people so far look and act too young to be getting married in such a desperate fashion.

• Love 3
8 hours ago, Lola16 said:

And he's only 26. How old was the blonde his father picked out? The mother kept saying she was too young.  All of these people so far look and act too young to be getting married in such a desperate fashion.

ITA... & I can't get over the blonde's parents. Why would they ever want this for their daughter, never mind actually be excited about it? In a way I feel sorry for her being matched with him, but then again, this is what she wants so she'll have to deal with it. Her parents are being irresponsible in encouraging this though, in my opinion.

• Love 1
On 11/28/2016 at 4:45 PM, gonecrackers said:

The women so far, again I'm feeling an immaturity level. Who picks a father to help her find a mate who has been married 5 times himself? Yeah, that should work...

The other one with the red streaks guzzling wine needs someone who can 'afford her' & admits to being difficult. What she really needs is a decent shirt & a bra at least for when dad is over. Again, not marriage ready.

There's someone else next week... my hopes are not too high given what I've already seen.

The no bra when dad stopped over was super weird and kind of icky. I don't think I even processed what she was saying...rather kept trying to imagine conversing with my father while my chi chi's were hanging out there. 

• Love 3

Didn't we already see the divorced couple's "date" last week??? If there isn't enough material why not make it a 30 minute show. That whole segment was a complete repeat. And Ursula is too good for the doofus who has no idea (literally) what monogamy means. OMG, I am just watching the doofus at the wedding venue and THAT whole segment was on last week, too!!!! Sheesh!

• Love 3

Just wanted to say I would never marry , let alone go near some buffoon in a red tuxedo. 

Amen!!

Devin is proof that this show is only in it for the drama, not the "right reasons".  This idiot is not in any way ready for marriage.  What a greasy dolt. 

• Love 6

Sorry, I just puked a little... What MAN speaks about women like that? "I'm tired of waking up next to women whose names I don't know", "Should I tell her I f'd the wedding planner?", and the best one yet, "I hope my wife is GOOD enough to MAKE ME want to stay monogamous". Oboi... I think Mr. NFL is just concerned about himself and who will be good enough for him to deposit from his vas deferens more than twice in a row! (Btw, can't find any evidence he played pro football, college yes, pro, no).  All his friends are doubtful and one said "He's always with a different girl so I don't bother learning their name as they're never with him twice!" OMG, pigpigpig. God did His best to stop this debaucle by sending a typhoon on his wedding day! Mr. Pig had 2 concerns on that day, 1) did my makeup artist make it? 2) I hope it's not THAT girl. My mind is swirling with questions! Why? Next up... Miss MyHusbandBetterBeRich or else. That's her only requirement. Sorry, forgot, "He can't make chewing noises". I swear, if my kids turned out like that, I would have considered myself a total failure as a parent. I have to stop as I'm about to break my keyboard. 

• Love 4
7 hours ago, Charm said:

Next up... Miss MyHusbandBetterBeRich or else. That's her only requirement. Sorry, forgot, "He can't make chewing noises".

Don't forget, her food can't touch!!!  I thought kids grew out of that phase by about age 7?  SMDH.

• Love 1

Have I missed a lot of episodes?  Feels like we just met the singles and now they are paired up?  Not that I want to see more of Devin.

Divorced couple (paraphrase): We didn’t know that he’s Catholic. We’re Southern Baptist. That’s about as far apart as you can get – total opposite.

Me: I don’t think that word means what you think it means. /s  Now, I know there’s differences in Christianity having been raised both Catholic and Lutheran. But to act as if they are complete polar opposites and your precious daughter cannot cope.  Especially since the guy is a non-practicing Catholic…

Divorced couple (pp): She once dumped a guy during dinner because he made a noise when he chewed. And he was gorgeous too!

Me: OK. Now, those little things can be annoying but that’s nothing to brag about. What’s telling is that the mother points out the guy’s looks. Not that he was a good person. But looks. So looks are greater than character.  Kinda tells me where the daughter gets her immaturity from.

Divorced couple: Have you met my friend Jesus?

Me: Oh Lord. Pretty sure Jesus didn’t reject people for chewing their food loudly.

• Love 5
On December 5, 2016 at 7:03 PM, TeapotWakeen said:

Don't forget, her food can't touch!!!  I thought kids grew out of that phase by about age 7?  SMDH.

Sorry TeapotWakeen.... but I did tell you I had to stop. Listing her "issues" would have taken me all day! Frikken nutbag! Seriously! This is her list of admirable qualities she's looking in a husband? Must have: huge motherf' wallet, lets her quit being a productive member of society, must not make any bodily noises, must not chew, twitch, and must put up with her OCD food issues. Look, I've been around the block a few times and everyone has their particular/peculiar habits, I get it BUT if his s*** has to smell like roses, if he's allowed to do that, now we know why she's single. Another thing... why are these marriage-seekers considering this their only option? Mr. NFL is only 26? I guess this would explain your comment about "kids growing out of that phase".  I'd understand if this was part of your culture ex)arranged marriages.  I'd understand a lot of situations that they'd seek this arrangement but it seems, to me, like they don't want to take responsibility if their marriage tanks. All spoiled brats who can just blame their parents' choice of a spouse. That's the only reason I see with THIS year's bunch. Last year, with Christina, she trusted her parents, the process and wanted a fairytale. She said she would follow through no matter what and she has kept her promise and is very happily married. She took it seriously and God bless them but with the 3 players introduced so far... ?

Edited by Charm
Grammar
  • Love 5
23 minutes ago, Lola16 said:

Have I missed a lot of episodes?  Feels like we just met the singles and now they are paired up?  Not that I want to see more of Devin.

Divorced couple (paraphrase): We didn’t know that he’s Catholic. We’re Southern Baptist. That’s about as far apart as you can get – total opposite.

Me: I don’t think that word means what you think it means. /s  Now, I know there’s differences in Christianity having been raised both Catholic and Lutheran. But to act as if they are complete polar opposites and your precious daughter cannot cope.  Especially since the guy is a non-practicing Catholic…

Divorced couple (pp): She once dumped a guy during dinner because he made a noise when he chewed. And he was gorgeous too!

Me: OK. Now, those little things can be annoying but that’s nothing to brag about. What’s telling is that the mother points out the guy’s looks. Not that he was a good person. But looks. So looks are greater than character.  Kinda tells me where the daughter gets her immaturity from.

Divorced couple: Have you met my friend Jesus?

Me: Oh Lord. Pretty sure Jesus didn’t reject people for chewing their food loudly.

It seems your thought process is working like mine! Call me! "immaturity" lol!!

• Love 1
23 hours ago, Charm said:

Sorry, forgot, "He can't make chewing noises". 

Don't laugh but this is a problem for me too.
TMI : I just can't hear people chewing and I want to claw my own eyes each time I eat "loud food" (and I love to eat pretzels, crisps, biscottis......). I see red, it makes me angry. I have a flash of rage passing through my brain, I feel super tense and ready to jump out of my seat. We can't eat home without the tv or radio on because if not I'm pretty sure I'll take my fork and stab my husband, whom I love with all my heart. Family diners are a real chore because of that, I dread the pauses and silences in discussions when everybody is enjoying the first bites of a new plate. It feels like that noise is getting louder and louder and I can't do anything to concentrate my attention elsewhere. Restaurants are ok because there is enough background noises to cancel it.
My sister, my mother and my husband know that so they are sweet enough to make an effort and never eat near me. And we are now training my beloved nephew to do the same thing. I'm literally forced to say out loud : "I love you" to whom it may concern when those flashes happen because I'm going insane and I can feel myself losing it. It makes them laugh because they know what's happening and that diffuse the situation thankfully. Other noises don't bother me (I mean of course if you wake me up at 5AM because you've decided it's the right time to hammer a nail we're gonna have a problem) it's just chewing noises. I want to tolerate them, I've worked on it for 20 years but it doesn't go away.

I really thought I was completly crazy or just a pain in the ass but it turns out it's a legit disorder and I'm not alone. You can't even imagine how relieved I was knowing that and reading lots of people talking about this noises induced rage in some articles comments. Sorry for the TMI moment and it's not exactly a life altering information (nor a life altering disorder!) but hey, maybe it can help someone to read about it here too ! 

So that girl is definitely high maintenance but to that specific point, I can relate to her if it does to her the same thing!

• Love 4
12 hours ago, Pollock said:

Don't laugh but this is a problem for me too.
TMI : I just can't hear people chewing and I want to claw my own eyes each time I eat "loud food"

I really thought I was completly crazy or just a pain in the ass but it turns out it's a legit disorder and I'm not alone. 

Oh hon, you're not alone. I have a few issues myself. I will feel that rage if somebody scrapes their plate (sounds like chalkboard) or licks their knife. My kids were all taught not to do these things. If there are others present and aren't aware and do these noises, I'll just get up, go to the washroom or busy myself by starting the cleanup if we're at home. I don't want anybody to feel uncomfortable because of my issues and it's way too difficult to explain. I find that if I'm particularly anxious or nervous, it's worse. If it gets that bad, I don't eat. I busy myself by serving my guests, cleaning up, getting desert ready, etc. They all tell me to sit! Sit! But, my dear husband runs interference and tells the guests "oh, don't worry, she probably sampled the food before you arrived and therefore, she's not hungry but we just love having you here!"... such a sweetheart. These things are real and we're not laughing at her issues, we're laughing at the absurdity that she thinks she can find a man who won't have any! We all have something. My mom used to leave the room if someone scraped their teeth on a fork! She once threw her spoon at me when I did it! I was a kid, didn't know but she explained it was a knee-jerk reaction and I never did it again. Thing is, my dad didn't leave her nor did your husband leave you! He loves you enough to try to reduce the pain it causes you and as a family, you've been working on it together. Right? Do you see my point here? 

MissWomanChild demands that a perfect man be brought to her and that's just not going to happen. It's from dating, getting to know each other's issues/problems/conditions/faults etc. that you fall in love, in spite or because, of those particularities that makes us all human and different. Your husband and family have worked together because he loves you that much! I'm sure he has a few things you put up with but this comes from thoughtful negotiations and discussions with time. So, explain to me, what time does this poor guy have to learn and adjust to her condition? None. He's going to meet her at the altar. I just can't see it working out if her condition is that severe. He'll spend this marriage walking on eggshells as to not set her off because he doesn't know. Until you're faced with this issue, you just don't know. 

I'm using the words 'condition', 'issue', etc as I don't know the actual medical term. I'm not trying to offend anyone but I do know how painful it can be. 

Also, the 'nutbag and immaturity' comment about her is due to the fact that money and looks are  #1 & 2..... character, maturity, kindness... those qualities don't matter :(

Edited by Charm
Added sentence
  • Love 1
On November 29, 2016 at 11:02 AM, Dittohead said:

Ursula did herself a big favor by admitting to Devin's parents that she had texted him.  By eliminating herself from the competition, she dodged a serious bullet.  

Sorry, I think you called it wrong, sadly. At the end of the last episode, she's walking down the aisle even after Mr. NFL specifically told them he wasn't attracted to her. This is going to be a short lived marriage, unfortunately. Hope not but for her sake, hope so! 

• Love 2

I have issues with food noises too. My husband is a loud chewer; sometimes I have to leave if he's eating cereal; ugh! Some of my kids hum while they eat; I can block it out.

I agree that they/she are being very shallow. She'll never be happy if that's all she cares about. And if that's all she cares about, I feel badly for the man who gets stuck with her.

Edited by gonecrackers

I have attended a wedding at the venue where Devin and Ursula are getting married; it is beautiful IRL.  There's a long history behind the building too. 

Anyway, on topic.  I just cannot stand to listen to Devin talk his teeth are so unnaturally white that it is driving me bonkers.  I really cannot believe his family doesn't realize what a HUGE jerk he really is.  Note to parents: get your head out of the sand and acknowledge your child is a self centered.

• Love 7
21 hours ago, CoolMom said:

I have attended a wedding at the venue where Devin and Ursula are getting married; it is beautiful IRL.  There's a long history behind the building too. 

Anyway, on topic.  I just cannot stand to listen to Devin talk his teeth are so unnaturally white that it is driving me bonkers.  I really cannot believe his family doesn't realize what a HUGE jerk he really is.  Note to parents: get your head out of the sand and acknowledge your child is a self centered.

So funnny, first thing I noticed about Devin were those blindingly white teeth. Rrminds me of the Friends episode where Ross goes overboard on the teeth whitener and when his date turns on her blacklight they glow!

• Love 4

I finally watched it last night (DVR) & was annoyed at some of the repeat filler too. But really, Ursula's mom - she was genuinely upset at this carnage & I can't blame her one bit. However much she thinks her mom is a drama queen, which she might be, she has a right to be upset over this one. They haven't met the dude (who is a freakin' playa loser who was probably wearing more makeup than the bride), had nothing to do with the wedding, & weren't even told until the last minute & then had to jump a flight from Cali to Fl quickly, just for her. Her father is trying to be supportive but it's obvious he's not happy either. Then she sits there & eye rolls while her mom openly expresses her sadness.

And she's already 'been' with the guy. She's terribly selfish & I'm thinking these two deserve each other.

Edited by gonecrackers
  • Love 1