Type keyword(s) to search

Married By Mom And Dad - General Discussion

• Start Topic

On 1/9/2017 at 8:54 PM, Sup wit dat said:

So true.  Actually, can anyone think of ANYTHING they have in common?

Working out. That's about it.

He said he was pro for 3 years. I know he was cut from the Buffalo Bills during camp. Maybe Canadian Football League? Is the Arena League still around? Or was he referring to his "pro" dancing?

• Love 3
On 1/13/2017 at 1:11 AM, Lola16 said:

He said he was pro for 3 years. I know he was cut from the Buffalo Bills during camp. Maybe Canadian Football League? Is the Arena League still around?

He must be including his NCAA football days in that three years.  He was on the Bills training roster for 3 months then played arena football for 4 months.  Not in the actual Arena Football League (AFL) but rather in the IFL (a shootoff of a shootoff of the AFL.)  No shame in an indoor football career, but Devin walks around like he was Darrelle Revis.

One of his arena home games:

Spoiler

1280px-Triangle_Torch_vs_Lehigh_Valley_S

There are more people on the field than in the stands.

• Love 3

I am annoyed by Bethany and Billy.  She knew him for a few hours and tells her mom she thinks she'll in love with him.  And her mom is like, "did you tell him?"  Maybe mom, now is a good chance to teach your daughter that she's probably feeling a ton of lust and a strong connection, but you don't know him.  Just like in the hotel room place, he tells her and says, "I'm so glad I can finally say it".  Because holding it in for 3 hours was too much?  I just don't believe you can fully be in love with someone in a few hours and find people throw that phrase around too easy.  They're old enough to know they're feeling intense chemistry and infatuation...not love.  

• Love 8
16 minutes ago, ShaNaeNae said:

I am annoyed by Bethany and Billy.  She knew him for a few hours and tells her mom she thinks she'll in love with him.  And her mom is like, "did you tell him?"  Maybe mom, now is a good chance to teach your daughter that she's probably feeling a ton of lust and a strong connection, but you don't know him.  Just like in the hotel room place, he tells her and says, "I'm so glad I can finally say it".  Because holding it in for 3 hours was too much?  I just don't believe you can fully be in love with someone in a few hours and find people throw that phrase around too easy.  They're old enough to know they're feeling intense chemistry and infatuation...not love.  

I wonder if the wedding day was really their first meeting. Or was this just how they got their wedding paid for and their 15 mins of fame.

• Love 5

Also with the Bethany and Billy thing, I found the mom pressing Bethany for details about their wedding night to be really intrusive and weird.

i have also seen two moments of "consternation" that popped up to be foreshadowing of future trouble: Bethany's irritation and disappointment when she found out Billy lived with his parents, and Billy's irritation at Bethany's sloppy habits and lack of regard for making room for him in her closet (and symbolically her life)

• Love 1

Other than Billy and Bethany (who I couldn't pick out of a lineup), and Meathead and Ursula (whose name I had to scroll up and find) --- I have no clue who's on this show. Are there still 2 parental groups trying to find spouses for 2 daughters? Or just one other un-matched lady? There's the lady who says she's 30 but is clearly NOT (by about 6-8 years, IMO) -- is she the one with the always-smiling Mom? And then there's the "he has to support me in the manner to which I'm accustomed" kinda-redhead princess with the Stepmom, Bonus Dad and some other lady. Or am I totally confusing everyone? Because I just can't keep these morons apart. And, you know what? I pretty much don't care.

• Love 3

The red head has to be taken care of in the manner she's accustomed, but she has the dad traveling right now & is 'dating' these men with her mom, which is just a weird vibe to me.

Tahnee is the one with mom, 'bonus' dad & step mom; not her bio dad because he wanted nothing to do with this mess. They can't find anyone suitable so far & she's falling apart either about not getting married, or, the possibility of getting married, depending on the moment. She's clearly not ready for marriage, period.

I've felt B&B knew each other prior because this is just too much too fast & they're too familiar. I don't see any kind of natural awkwardness around someone you just met & just married. The creepy personal questions from the mom were probably done on camera for good teevee.

Not sure about Ursula. She seems 'off' just enough to be attracted to losers (her own admission), but Devin might be just too much so in the end. Apparently he's meeting with an ex while she travels in the next epi?  For 'closure'?  Okay then...

• Love 1

Does it seem strange to anyone that she booked two spots to go to Europe with three couples? Who would do that, not having someone to take the second spot? Really, can you imagine 3 couples getting together and saying, "let's go to Europe with our single friend."

Is this something TLC cooked up?  

4 hours ago, Swim mom said:

Does it seem strange to anyone that she booked two spots to go to Europe with three couples? Who would do that, not having someone to take the second spot? Really, can you imagine 3 couples getting together and saying, "let's go to Europe with our single friend."

I wondered about that too; maybe she was in a relationship at the time of the booking? I can't recall her back story.

53 minutes ago, Stripper Glitter said:

I creeped on Bethany and Billy's FB profiles and got alarmed when they both said "single" but it appears they are trying to hide the married thing until after the show is done? I don't know. 

You'd think they'd hide not being married until after the show, but only if it's a divorce... so maybe it was left from prior to the wedding to keep it quiet that they went through with it, & just haven't changed it.

Edited by gonecrackers
attempted clarification
On December 20, 2016 at 1:10 AM, Lola16 said:

No. Blonde Mom was married to Bio Dad for a few years and they had Tahnee. Bio Dad got a job working for Lisa. Bio parents divorce. Bio Dad marries Lisa and Tahnee moves in with them.  Bio Dad and Lisa divorce.  Lisa marries Bonus Dad.

Thank you for this ... I've been watching this show (though I'm still not sure why) and I wasn't sure if I'd missed the explanation of Mom, Mama and Bonus Dad and who was connected to who or if it was never explained.  And then last night I decided that maybe Lisa is transgender and she is actually partners with Blonde Mom and Bonus Dad is, I guess, a stepfather who is/was married to one of them.  Whatever the case may be, that trio of parents seem to me to be the most normal/likable of everyone.

Did anyone confirm Ursula and Devin hooking up because she said they had not consummated the marriage yet last episode, didn't she? Maybe they just consummated the texting.

I take back my previous expressions of hope for Bethany and Billy.  Ick and double ick.  So he moved in with her from his mama's house, (because what he really wanted was to get out from  living with his parents?),  she didn't bother to make any room for him in the new abode and she really, really is a mess...AND the two have a room mate in their new abode who   lives...upstairs? Is he the one who professed to being a Catholic?  Maybe not since there's been no  mention of those requirements for marriage.     Their insistence on proclaiming love after less than 48 hours together..... and her mom's lurid need to have all the "details" of the honeymoon night...again, double ick.   B and B''s re-telling of  their consummation had the taste of two prepubescents glowing in the aftermath of having finally made it past first base.  Maybe for the first time in their lives? 

Ursula and Devin?  Good luck.  Not sure why she felt the need to rush into telling him her grandparents disowned her for marrying a person of mixed race---dropping the anvil  as she's walking out the door for her  previously planned trip to Europe....leaving him at home  though she had two paid tickets.  (He couldn't get off work?)  As I recall, Ursula definitely wanted to be the one picked....so something tells me her motivation to be on TV was about as strong as his. The revelation of his waiting-in-the-wings mistress doesn't bode well.  Not, really, does a marriage based on something as dumb as wanting to be on TV at any  cost.  Still, there's something about Devin that makes me feel sorry for him....maybe because he really doesn 't seem very bright...and  as  a result seems deluded into thinking that a past in the creepiest parts of  relationship gutter nevertheless makes him some sort of sexy  swinger.  Again, ick.

As others  of you have noted, I, too, am confused about the who and the what of the other would-be-brides.  The one who stood out for me was the girl who turned down one of the suitors because he wanted to meet her at the beach and she didn't want to get her hair wet.  REJECTED!  I guess she's the one identified as the gold -digger now?  

Have to say the various parents  criteria are not  demonstrating any particular wisdom or insight that makes them better judges of what their girls need. .  Like when the basis for the search is to meet the daughter's strict  insistence on someone whose only traits are "tall, dark and handsome""  Oy!!!

• Love 5

Bethany and Billy will "make it" like Lily and Tom from Married at First Sight because its easy to confuse lust/infatuation for love in the short-term. Especially when you're young and relatively inexperienced in relationships. Shallowly, Bethany's and her Mom's butt-chins remind me of Peter Griffith from Family Guy.

Tahnee is screwed. She wants to do this because she's afraid she won't get married otherwise. But she really in her gut doesn't want to do this.

The other chick's story is so stupid I can't even remember her name. How is it Married By Mom and Dad if she's going on the dates and selecting who she likes and doesn't? And she is so shallow and greedy. I don't blame her Dad for taking a "business" trip out of the country.

• Love 4
On 1/16/2017 at 0:54 PM, Swim mom said:

I travel a lot.  Booking a spot for an unknown person, in our age of terrorism, doesn't happen.  And if you book with another person's name as a fellow traveler, it's hell and expensive changing it. 

• Love 2
On 12/19/2016 at 9:18 AM, Intocats said:

When Tahnee's mom and "bonus dad" and stepmom Lisa were interviewing Matt at the driving range -- did anyone notice Bonus Dad rubbing Lisa's back during the talking head segment after Matt had left? 

And with Lisa in the middle on the couch, with Bonus Dad's arm stretched out? Hmmm...

Watched the rest of the episode....then Bonus Dad and Lisa conferring together while Blonde Mom was in the rest room...

I wonder if TLC will do a spin-off show: Divorced by Daughter!

On 12/19/2016 at 10:36 AM, Chloecat said:

I think Lisa and bonus Dad are married, she married him after she split from Tahnee's Dad. Either way would never let those 2 choose anything for me.

On 12/19/2016 at 5:34 PM, Intocats said:

Those two act like they are married and Blonde Mom is the third wheel. But I believe that Bonus Dad and Blonde Mom are married, and Lisa is the former wife of Tahnee's bio dad, and Tahnee has remained close to her. She said that her bio dad did not want to be part of the program.

On 12/20/2016 at 1:10 AM, Lola16 said:

No. Blonde Mom was married to Bio Dad for a few years and they had Tahnee. Bio Dad got a job working for Lisa. Bio parents divorce. Bio Dad marries Lisa and Tahnee moves in with them.  Bio Dad and Lisa divorce.  Lisa marries Bonus Dad.

On 1/17/2017 at 1:42 PM, PamelaMaeSnap said:

Thank you for this ... I've been watching this show (though I'm still not sure why) and I wasn't sure if I'd missed the explanation of Mom, Mama and Bonus Dad and who was connected to who or if it was never explained.  And then last night I decided that maybe Lisa is transgender and she is actually partners with Blonde Mom and Bonus Dad is, I guess, a stepfather who is/was married to one of them.  Whatever the case may be, that trio of parents seem to me to be the most normal/likable of everyone.

Did anyone confirm Ursula and Devin hooking up because she said they had not consummated the marriage yet last episode, didn't she? Maybe they just consummated the texting.

This thread has me cracking up because I came here hoping for a difinitive call on this parental triangle because my daughter and I have had a similar debate.

I thought her parents divorced. Dad married step-mom. Many years later they divorced. Step-Mom remarries Bonus Dad. 

My daughter is convinced that parents divorced. Mom marries Bonus Dad first as a second husband. While bio-dad marries step-mom. THEN everyone gets divorced again and step-Mom married Bonus Dad! I don't think these women would be friendly if she stole TWO of mom's husbands in a row! Lol. 

It's like that old Tootsie Roll lollipop commercial with the wise old owl. "How many licks does it take to get to the center of a Tootsie Roll Pop?" "One. Two. Three." CRUNCH! "The world will never know!"

i'm to go out on a limb here and say that I think Ursula and Devin actually have better odds at lasting than Bethany and Billy. The latter are WAY too bought into the fairy tale. I think they're going to have a big reckoning when they actually get to KNOW each other.

Devin is pretty aware of his faults (aside from the mimosa demand scene) and they are very open to actually talking through issues. I think they grew closer when they spoke about Ursula's grandparents; he seemed very supportive of her. Of course this could all blow up when she's away for 12 days and he meets up with his regular booty call for "closure." But I think that's just storyline editing or he wouldn't be meeting up with her ON CAMERA. 

That vocal fry, gold-digger is just...no.

• Love 1

This thread is cracking me up to. I am glad that I have found people to snark with. Did any cyber sleuths figure out what Ursula's company is? She just seems very confident in herself and I'm curious to know what her businesses that she would need a post-nup for. It would be hilarious if she actually had more money than Devin. 

The redheaded Golddigger decides that she doesn't want to go through with the process. Why am I not surprised? Maybe Freddy does not make enough money for her to live the lifestyle she has become accustomed to.  If she didn't want to get married, why did she sign up for the show? It makes absolutely no sense to me the way she is acting.  Usually, the kids are the one that initiated the idea of signing up for this show. They are the ones who are Enthusiastic  about doing the show and the parents are supportive. Read had a Golddigger has a completely opposite situation and she is so annoying I hope she quits and we never have to watch her again. 

On 1/4/2017 at 4:22 PM, Bugfrey Von said:

Yes, good Lord! I have no idea what it is with people trying to get married to a "Great Gatsby" themed wedding.  Do you like the 1920s? Have a 1920s themed wedding! Have they read the book? It doesn't exactly end very well for Gatsby. Also, I don't remember a  moron in a red tuxedo, but I haven't read the book in a while so there's that.  I think his dad is very sweet and has great intentions, but his mother thinks that he hung the moon and she is just as obnoxious as he is.  Fucking man child.   Also, and this is petty as hell, but the wedding planner that he fucked (proudly), was ratchet as hell.  Someone should tell him that if he's going to act like such a diva, he needs to be better looking. I would say that Ursula could do better, but she's not exactly rubbing me the right way either. 

The blonde girls husband and his "best friend" (another young, blonde girl) kind of set off signals for me.  She seems the most normal of the bunch, but her mom and her sticky sweet southern down talk just doesn't do it for me. She'll "Bless your heart!" while sticking a knife in your back.  No, thank you. Her dad seems simple. 

Why doesn't the girl with the red streaks just say that she wants a sugar daddy? Why doesn't she just come out and say it?  Listening to her talk is like a mental game of taboo. The word you can't say is MONEY!  It would be so much easier for everyone involved.   I love how she talks about her dad being  traditional type, but they have to wait on Mom's job to give her leave so she can take part in this debacle. SO TRADITIONAL. OH-KAY.  Also, please wear a bra when your dad is around. My God. 

Honestly, I don't think Devon has read the book. I don't think he has read a book in at least three years. He probably watched the movie and thinks he's the next DiCaprio.  I chuckled to myself when he was trying to get Ursula to consummate the marriage before she went to Europe. So much for not being attracted to her, Ha? 

• Love 2
6 hours ago, JenE4 said:

This thread has me cracking up because I came here hoping for a difinitive call on this parental triangle because my daughter and I have had a similar debate.

I thought her parents divorced. Dad married step-mom. Many years later they divorced. Step-Mom remarries Bonus Dad. 

My daughter is convinced that parents divorced. Mom marries Bonus Dad first as a second husband. While bio-dad marries step-mom. THEN everyone gets divorced again and step-Mom married Bonus Dad! I don't think these women would be friendly if she stole TWO of mom's husbands in a row! Lol. 

It's like that old Tootsie Roll lollipop commercial with the wise old owl. "How many licks does it take to get to the center of a Tootsie Roll Pop?" "One. Two. Three." CRUNCH! "The world will never know!"

Blonde Mom married Bio Dad and they had Tahnee. Bio Dad got a job working for Brunette Lisa. Bio parents divorce. Bio Dad marries Lisa and Tahnee moves in with them.  Bio Dad and Mama Lisa divorce.  Mama Lisa marries Bonus Dad (or BD). Bio Dad refuses to participate in the show.

2 minutes ago, Spiderella2 said:

Honestly, I don't think Devon has read the book. I don't think he has read a book in at least three years. He probably watched the movie and thinks he's the next DiCaprio.  I chuckled to myself when he was trying to get Ursula to consummate the marriage before she went to Europe. So much for not being attracted to her, Ha? 

I liked it when Devon told Tatiana (the mistress) that Ursula gives him a "big word he doesn't understand" as his Word of the Day and then he tries to use it in a sentence. MFG. Comedy gold.

• Love 4
On 1/21/2017 at 11:06 PM, Meowwww said:

I travel a lot.  Booking a spot for an unknown person, in our age of terrorism, doesn't happen.  And if you book with another person's name as a fellow traveler, it's hell and expensive changing it. 

I thought I read that she had been dating someone and he was supposed to go on the trip. Then she got booked for the show and broke it off with the guy she was dating.

16 minutes ago, Spiderella2 said:

This thread is cracking me up to. I am glad that I have found people to snark with. Did any cyber sleuths figure out what Ursula's company is? She just seems very confident in herself and I'm curious to know what her businesses that she would need a post-nup for. It would be hilarious if she actually had more money than Devin. 

According to Ursula's FB page, she's a health and fitness coach

About me:
{Hi, my name is Ursula Mae!

I am a health and fitness coach.
I created over a 6 figure business from home, helping other people live healthier and more fulfilling lives.

I travel the world.
I give back to the community and fundraise. I mentor and tutor less fortunate children on a weekly basis.

• Love 1

Here's some social media links of the happy couples!

Devin Duggan

Devin has a past of infidelity and dishonesty in his relationships. He hails from Florida and he is 26 years old. He says that over the years, he's dated girls for the wrong reasons, which he attributes to his being a part of the NFL. He told TLC that one of the reasons he wanted to let his parents choose his wife is so that he implements change in his life. Devin says he's ready to be faithful and to care more about his mate. Lisa and Frank are Devin's parents and they come from Bethlehem, Pennsylvania. One of the problems that arises this season on the show is that Devin actually hooked up with his wedding planner Britt after they met on the dating app Tinder, according to The Wrap. Devin ends up with a woman named Ursula, who actually drops a post-nuptial agreement in his lap once they tie the knot. In recent photos on Duggan's Instagram account, Duggan is not spotted wearing a wedding ring, so we're wondering if things work out with Ursula. (Instagram/DevDugg24)

https://www.facebook.com/DevDugg24/

https://twitter.com/IAmDevinDuggan

https://www.facebook.com/CoachUrsulaMae/

https://www.facebook.com/UrsulaMaeDuggan/

https://twitter.com/IamUrsulaMae

Edited by Lola16
twitter
  • Love 2

Since the redhead seems to have zero self awareness, I hope she stumbles onto this forum and finds out how she is coming across to the world. But maybe even if she knew what people think of her, she still wouldn't care.

• Love 1

Devin buffs Ursula's feet with a "hummus stone" bwhahaha! Then he ruins his consummation chances twofold: first, by nearly knocking her unconscious in the stairwell, and secondly, by bringing up his closure date with his booty babe. Whoa, that is NOT a "closure" dress, Tatia! 7 different sex partners in one weekEND!?! You don't need this woman as a "friend." But he's only staying married to Ursula to prove a point to Tatia that he doesn't need her?! Oh, boy, I can see why "closure" came up as a thing, as they're entangled. He apparently signed up for this show while still fucking her? Ouch! I feel badly for both of these women. i may need to retract my statements of less than 1 day ago about Devin turning over a new leaf. I mean I guess he was turning Tatia down, despite that dress of hers, so maybe that's something?

• Love 5

I was glad the red haired vocal fry girl stopped the process. She was kind of rude to the wedding planner. I would say she wasted her time, but the woman got a plug for her business, so it was most likely worth it to her. Maybe she was even a friend they were helping out that way, as it was obvious she was not going to go through with it from the minute they sat down.

Tahnee is a mess & shouldn't be doing this either. I didn't see a sister for her-did I miss that? Looks like she actually goes through with it next week.

B&B get on my nerves; they are so obviously just in lust right now. Either that or they knew each other prior & that's why the love talk so quickly.

Devin's story keeps getting worse; he called himself a 'scumbag' so I guess that's some level of self awareness. The only reason to meet with the old gf, or whatever she was, was for the show (as was the 'dress', or whatever that was). Who needs 'closure' that way? You're married now - walk away. If they were serious about this 'marriage', they should move far away. He's got way too many women around there who know him too well.

Ursula has admitted to this type of guy turning her on, but may be finding out that type is not marriage material. There's something about her too, though. She speaks like she has a brain but her tone is always a bit too zen which I find annoying after a while. My feeling is they both did this for TV & for exposure for themselves &/or careers, which puts them, maybe not in the same boat, but at least on the same lake, in my opinion. If that's the case, it sucks to use marriage that way.

The word of the day thing was funny, though eventually he might get tired of his wife playing teacher with him.

• Love 2

Devin and Ursula seem to be friendly still in real life so either they both signed up to get free exposure for whatever or they are really into each other (or both is my guess).

The San Diego gold-digger is not a redhead. Nope, we're not accepted those burgundy streaks as one of our own. And yes, I do speak for my tribe lol.

• Love 7
5 hours ago, Swim mom said:

Tatia looks and behaves a lot like the girl from 90 day fiance.

I noticed that too, had to rewind to double check. Thought they were double booking actors! Lol.

So glad poster above caught "hummus" stone hahaha

Sadly, i  am losing hope for b&b. When billys mom said u have to figure each other out and work it through, and bethany said we've got it figured out. Oy. You don't.  Reality is going to hit them hard.

• Love 3

The "hummus stone" had me cracking up (I actually had to go back and listen again just to make sure the CC's hadn't misheard it) but I did think it was really cute that he was giving her the pedicure.

I wonder if he's just playing up the "dumb entitled horndog jock" image for all it's worth because that's what he was hired to do or if he is totally for real.  I like his parents enough to think that they would have smacked him upside his head for some of this behavior if they knew about it.

1 hour ago, gonecrackers said:

For someone who wanted to get on TV, Devin seems nervous & uncomfortable in his THs. He gets the words out but sometimes a bit shakily, & to me he appears tense.

I suspect it is because he is getting called out on how he has led his life and there is a lack of confidence as to whether he can cross the high bar.

• Love 2

I suspect it is because he is getting called out on how he has led his life and there is a lack of confidence as to whether he can cross the high bar.

you mean like handle EIGHT "girls" on one weekend? I mean, if his previous record was 7, and he's older now......

• Love 1

Tahnee Smith the overly tanned tall basketful of need from Northern California with a blonde mom, a brunette step-mom, and a bonus dad (her step-mom's new husband)

Tahnee is 30 years old and starting to feel like she needs to find her soulmate as she is getting older. Like many her age, she's itching to settle down and start a family. She admits that she isn't fond of dating, but she is looking for a tall, dark and handsome Christian man. She also wants a family man, but her biological mom thinks she gives too much and expects too much back in return. According to Monsters And Critics, her step-mother agrees and believes Tahnee is ready to find her life partner. Tahnee is from California and considers herself to be a very loyal person.

www.Facebook.com/Tahnee.Smith.92

https://twitter.com/taahsmith

Edited by Lola16
summary

Marissa Salviano (I ain't saying she a gold-digger but...) the burgundy streaked brunette from Southern California

Marissa has moved around a little bit and she was single for under a year when she started filming the show. Her parents are Mathew and Leslie Salviano and they say their daughter looks at their marriage as an example. They are traditional, old-school, and met when they were just 15 years old. Marissa tells TLC that her parents have an amazing relationship and she hopes to one day have the same. One thing that Marissa was worried about when going through with the show, was tell her friends about it. From the beginning, Marissa appears to be very focused on her parents finding a man who "can afford her." She wants someone who is financially stable and can "take care of her." (Facebook/Marissa.Salviano)

https://www.facebook.com/marissa.salviano

Bethany Layton

Blonde smokey voiced Bethany from Charlotte is baptist and her mom has a friend named Jesus. Her father has been married 5 times, the first time to Bethany's mom. Mom has remarried and is very interested in her daughter's sex life. Bethany is picky - she doesn't like her food to touch on her plate, doesn't like guys who eat loudly, or have spittle on the corners of their mouths. Which ruled out candidate #2. Billy Young, candidate #1 won (I guess) even though he is a Catholic. The horrors. Bethany is also a slob.

Bethany lives in Charlotte, North Carolina and she works as a teacher. She is originally from West Virginia and she has always pushed to make something of herself. She enjoys working out, but hopes to meet someone who is up for adventures in life. Bethany says she has very bad taste in men, which is why she asked her parents to choose her mate. Bethany's mother is a registered nurse named Julie Slater, who lives in Charleston, West Virginia. Bethany's parents divorced when she was just 5 years old and her father Thomas has had multiple marriages. Mom Julie has remarried and been in the same marriage for about 15 years. Though Bethany's parents do not like each other, they are coming together to choose a husband for their daughter. Bethany was arrested in 2014 for a DUI. (YouTube/TLC)

https://twitter.com/bethany_f_123

https://twitter.com/Billy_Hall44

Bethany's Dad added Married by Mom & Dad to his Twitter profile:

https://twitter.com/TLayton3WVU

On 1/25/2017 at 9:30 PM, TeapotWakeen said:

you mean like handle EIGHT "girls" on one weekend? I mean, if his previous record was 7, and he's older now......

Well, the older he gets the harder, ahem, I mean, the more difficult, it may be to be that 'active'. 

*my apologies*

• Love 3

I think Tahnee was going for Bohemian but I did not like her wedding outfit. I understand the broken foot but she probably could've done better than those ugly boots.

Maybe she was on pain killers (hopefully not since she was drinking it seemed), but she was acting like a doodle head. I was annoyed & embarrassed for her with the swinging her head around & over reacting. The parents congratulating themselves because the first 5 minutes went well was just stupid.

And her groom, Matt, seemed underwhelmed & cautious in his TH.   No sign of his young son at the wedding either, which I think is a good thing right now.

• Love 3

Maybe I am too much of a sap, but Devin and Ursula are really growing on me. I think Ursula is Professor Henry Higgins to Devin's Eliza Doolittle, a reverse "My Fair Lady".

It would be nice, however, if Ursula would introduce Devin to the world of books so he can learn a few words.

As for the Billy/Bethany story: the other guy dodged a bullet by two tiny bits of spittle. Lucky dude.

Edited by gardendiva
I left out a word
  • Love 4
On 1/23/2017 at 0:01 AM, Lola16 said:

I thought I read that she had been dating someone and he was supposed to go on the trip. Then she got booked for the show and broke it off with the guy she was dating.

According to Ursula's FB page, she's a health and fitness coach

Beach body coach?

On 1/24/2017 at 1:52 PM, gonecrackers said:

For someone who wanted to get on TV, Devin seems nervous & uncomfortable in his THs. He gets the words out but sometimes a bit shakily, & to me he appears tense.

To me he appears adorable.  Seems like he is really trying in his rock-head way.  Word of the day killed me, as did "hummus stone"

• Love 3
12 hours ago, gonecrackers said:

I think Tahnee was going for Bohemian but I did not like her wedding outfit. I understand the broken foot but she probably could've done better than those ugly boots.

Maybe she was on pain killers (hopefully not since she was drinking it seemed), but she was acting like a doodle head. I was annoyed & embarrassed for her with the swinging her head around & over reacting. The parents congratulating themselves because the first 5 minutes went well was just stupid.

And her groom, Matt, seemed underwhelmed & cautious in his TH.   No sign of his young son at the wedding either, which I think is a good thing right now.

I wasn't a fan of the dress either but it looked like her. All she could comment on was looks. She's very much her stepmother's stepdaughter. Hopefully it was a combination of nerves, pills, and booze.

I saw a pre-teen boy when they were meeting the parents. Don't know if he was Matt's.

8 hours ago, gardendiva said:

Maybe I am too much of a sap, but Devin and Ursula are really growing on me. I think Ursula is Professor Henry Higgins to Devin's Eliza Doolittle, a reverse "My Fair Lady".

It would be nice, however, if Ursula would introduce Devin to the world of books so he can learn a few words.

As for the Billy/Bethany story: the other guy dodged a bullet by two tiny bits of spittle. Lucky dude.

Depends if Ursula enjoys that role and for how long?

Both B&B are stubborn and leading with their genitals. They have no relationship skills. Of course what would be expected of people who want to marry a stranger? They are going to be missing that ability. They are both jockeying for position.

Why are all these people who are on the show so unprepared for what happens after the wedding? Do they need a book for Dummies - what to do after the wedding ceremony? How to honeymoon. How to decide where to live. How to divvy up closet space. How to pick up after yourself. How not to act like you're still single.  #sheesh

• Love 3

Billy seems very immature.  I know he was living with his parents when he got married.  Has he ever lived on his own?  He just appears very naïve.  I wonder how sexually experienced he was before Bethany.  His parents were very rude not showing up for the dinner with Bethany's parents.  The overwhelmed excuse doesn't work for me.

Devon is growing on me.  Ursula and Devon just might make it.  He does seem to be trying and she loves a challenge.

Tahani got the look she wanted in a man.  Now do they have anything in common?  I still dislike her stepmom and bonus dad.

• Love 2

Watching the argument between Billy and Bethany really showed an ugly side of Bethany's personality. She is somebody that is very stubborn, does not apologize or try to be sympathetic to the other person's feelings, and always has to have the last word no matter what. Ugh. Insufferable. 

• Love 2
17 hours ago, gardendiva said:

I agree about Devin and Ursula...growing on me too.  Wonder if the next episode is when the marriage gets its long-awaited consummation.  Kind of appreciate its taken a while, as compared to Billy and Bethany, whose bragging about their fab sex life belies a scary  ickiness.  Ursula's return from the trip to Europe could have gone a couple of ways...it seemed to go the best possible, thanks to Devin,  I can understand how he might be sincere about wanting to quit forever the slimy days.    Hope he can.  Ursula has probably not always had it quite so together and definitely had a hard time finding a husband...otherwise, why take this big a risk?   Who else is she going to find to give such a nice hummus foot massage? 

• Love 2
21 hours ago, gonecrackers said:

I hadn-n't factored in the  pain killer possibility but yes, she sure seemed beyond happy, happy, happy.  Especially since right before the wedding she was   shaking so badly she could barely hold onto the bouquet.  And she had previously expressed serious doubts about being able to go through with it at all.  Agree also about the faux bohemian look and head band.  That was a surprise!  I don't quite "get" Matt's situation.....suspect his need for someone  to help him with his son could have been the big motivator.   It happens.   He seems a bit too good to be true?  

• Love 3
24 minutes ago, Lindy Dear said:

Billy and Bethany, whose bragging about their fab sex life belies a scary  ickiness

Yes.  Men of the world, if you ever want to have sex again, don't say "SoOo how was The Sex?!" to your wife first thing in the morning.  Make her some coffee and shut your mouth until your teeth are brushed.

And when she says the message was nothing, it was nothing.  You're not going to win any prizes demanding A Truth from her that she's telling you (repeatedly) doesn't exist.  Make a decision to trust her or not, and do it promptly.

• Love 5

Bethany had an attitude, but I did not like the way Billy was speaking to her & pointing his finger. He's way off there. And I agree he needs to trust or not but make the decision now & go on from here.

His parents were awful not showing up. Maybe the immaturity isn't falling far from the tree.

I'm still not sure about Ursula & Devin. He seems to want it but they still seem mismatched & sort of 'playing' about this together, like it's a novelty. Maybe it's fine outside of the cameras. They both seem to want the TV time though; can't be bad for her business either...

• Love 1
On ‎1‎/‎23‎/‎2017 at 7:24 PM, Swim mom said:

Tatia looks and behaves a lot like the girl from 90 day fiance.

I thought it was her at first, because they kept showing her in profile!  I only realized I looked closely at her face.  Same fake boobs, same weird lips, they look a lot alike.  I wonder if there is a plastic surgeon in Russia in the business of giving women this "look?"

• Love 2
12 hours ago, LakeGal said:

His parents were very rude not showing up for the dinner with Bethany's parents.  The overwhelmed excuse doesn't work for me.

I think Billy's mom is so hurt that she's unable to buck up, grit her teeth, smile, and keep the tears in check. 

Bethany's mom asks for alcohol-free wine?! That there should have been the tip-off that something's not quite right. But then she proceeds to explain how disappointed she is about Billy's parents not coming WHILE she has a HUGE smile on her face. Creepy! Almost as creepy when she wanted to hear the sexytime details from the wedding night. Actually, she should go directly to Billy on that one: He is also enthusiastic about discussing on camera how the sex is. 

But, boy, in the span of one episode Billy and Bethany go from our honeymoon phase will never end to him storming out of the apartment over her flirting with a guy BEFORE they knew each other--and how DARE she speak up! WTF?! Let him go, Bethany! I knew your mother's judgment was questionable!

Tahnee couldn't pick her own husband, and girl should NOT have been trusted to pick out her own outfit! That whole ensemble was crazy! The see-through crop top with beads in a daisy pattern, the skirt that's shorter in the front with a ruffle, the cowboy boots, the rhinestone headband--even her makeup looked washed out, when she normally looks very pretty.

Devin is a lunkheaded oaf, but his trying to grow to live up to Ursula's expectations, his list of the things he digs about her, and the framed vows was pretty damn endearing. Of course, all of that might be to get to use the handcuffs with her, but it probably worked.

Matt's friend rising up from behind the love seat for a surprise greeting is the best moment of the entire series. I burst out laughing.

• Love 5