Type keyword(s) to search

S01.E11: Inside

The terrorists responsible for the bombing of Grand Central Station finally reveal themselves, but instead of answers, more questions remain. While back at Quantico, the recruits receive a well-deserved few days off for the holidays, but not everyone is oh so merry when secrets are revealed and lines and blurred.

Maybe it's because I don't like Caleb, unless he's with the twins, but when his mom kept talking about how he was a good kid I just remembered how he antagonized that Mormon kid back in the first episode and didn't feel all that guilty about it.

I also don’t get why he feels like it’s his civic duty to reveal people’s secrets. He keeps doing it over and over again and while he may say “I’m sick of people lying” he just makes him a rat and untrustworthy. I’m glad Shelby called him out. It was a long time coming, but knowing her she’ll probably sleep with him again.

Did I mention that I don’t like Caleb? Him and Simon are gross, but for different reasons. Caleb, for what I mentioned above and Simon, because he’s a war criminal who went after the twins in a very creepy manner. 

I also don’t like the back and forth thing with Booth and Alex. The fact that he wrote a song about her and will take time to get over her seems melodramatic.

I feel bad for Raina. After the twin reveal the show has favoured Nimah over her, which is a shame because seeing someone who practices Islam and work with the FBI would be an interesting story to tell. Unfortunately, since she practices her religion they can’t really show her when everyone goes out drinking or whatnot.

Elijah…Elias? I forget his name, but his voice was annoying and I didn’t really mind him dying. It was a bit anti-climatic, because I don’t think anyone cared about him. I thought the actor was better before, but he was pretty bad here.

Looks like Liam and Alex will hook up soon, which is kind of awkward because I feel like he hooked up with her mom. I can imagine him comforting Mrs. Parrish after she was beaten up by her husband. Then the two have sex and Liam runs away, because he seems to enjoy leading women on and bailing on them.

I kind of laughed when the bomb blew up somewhere else. The FBI being smart and finding the bomb isn’t going to happen on this show. The agents are much too dumb and Everywhere and the terrorists are smart, albeit on a very basic level.

Oh well. The show is back in March, which seems like a really long time to wait for the next part. Hopefully the writing staff gets better or it changes.

• Love 3

I kind of laughed when the bomb blew up somewhere else. The FBI being smart and finding the bomb isn’t going to happen on this show. The agents are much too dumb and Everywhere and the terrorists are smart, albeit on a very basic level.

Everyone is a moron, maybe they should actually learn something useful instead of random holiday keg parties.

Last time Rick Cosnett killed himself on TV I was "NOOOOOO!!!!!!" Tonight? "Meh"

One was a heroic sacrifice, the other being a minor character who was forgettable and his final scene consisted of him whining and whimpering and then offing himself instead of actually helping the agents find the bomber.

Looks like Liam and Alex will hook up soon, which is kind of awkward because I feel like he hooked up with her mom.

Wouldn't be the first hook up with a parent.

• Love 1

Sort of a surprise but...kind of a dull result.

The whole mystery was dull, even the reveal was a nonevent, especially as a mid season finale.  Part of it wasting it on juvenile college antics and the rest of continued stupidity of the agents running around like chickens with their heads cut off.

• Love 3

I think the acting ability had gotten worse with every single episode.

So that was the reveal? Caleb looking at a safety deposit vault by Grand Central Station?

Edited by nutty1
  • Love 2

I mean...we got to see the girls hanging out in the present day scenes so...that was fun. But yeah, why couldn't we have seen Raina during those scenes? And I was annoyed that Caleb took Shelby away from the (mostly) fun scenes.

I knew Elias was going to bite it, but I'm happy. Now Rick Cosnett can find better work. It felt like he was phoning it in from his first appearance. I liked a couple of scenes with him, but yeah, he was a waste of a character and a waste of Rick's acting ability. But hell if he didn't give something for this episode.

I still like Simon, Shelby and Raina the best. Can we kill everyone else off and keep them around? 

So,is  Caleb the bomber? Didn't most of us guess that in, like, the first episode? Yawn.  Also, Shelby's break up speech? Man, this show feels like it was written by a teenager. Also, FBI Command Center. I called it. I totally called it. It looks like Caleb was inside, though, right? Or not? And who else was in there? Shelby? His own dad? 

LOL, Ryan's ex wife even praises Alex. This Alex-praising every episode annoys me. Priyanka is a beautiful woman, but I'm starting to get annoyed whenever someone tells Alex how wonderful she is and how beautiful she is. I know the ex wife even tore her down a bit, but it was still annoying.

Edited by Lady Calypso
  • Love 3

So....reading up on an interview done with the EP....goddamnit, Caleb might not even be the bomber and the traitor inside the FBI. Seriously? Didn't we get promised that we'd find out? And it's not like Elias was the bomber; all he did was kidnap Alex and Simon. And...Alex's sentencing? The FBI is gonna notice she's gone, the second bomb went off, and they should just continue with her sentencing. Logically, this should happen, even with Elias' confession about kidnapping Alex. In Quantico-land, this'll somehow deem her innocent enough to let her go. 

Screw this show; I really want to be out, due to them teasing that we'll find out more answers but we got only Elias as planting Alex at the scene. 

I guess I was wrong about Elias actually being involved after-all, and not just a red herring.  Doesn't sound like he wanted to do it, but was bribed, but that is still a major dick move on his part.  I get he said that he thought they were just "setting" Alex up, and the bomb was fake, but that doesn't make it much better, Elias!  Of course, he's dead now, so whatever.  Maybe Rick Cosnett can find a better job.  I know he is much more capable then what I saw tonight (he made the most of his Flash role), but he really did feel like he was phoning it in during this last episode.

But I'm guessing that final scene with Caleb in disguise is now hinting he might be involved too?  Or will that be a fake-out?  Whatever it is, I really doubt he is the brains of this operation, because... it's Caleb.  That knucklehead can barely plan a picnic correctly, I suspect.  No way can he plan a massive terrorist operation.  Or motivate others with that whiny voice of his.

Good grief, are they really going to go somewhere with Alex and Liam?  Ugh.  Oh, and apparently Booth is so head over heels over her, that he can't stop talking about her with his new partner/ex wife, that even she needs to tell Alex how annoying it is.  Of course, she had to lavish praise over how awesome/gorgeous Alex is, which is really getting out of hand, especially since Eliza Coupe isn't exactly plain looking either (then again, neither is Yasmine Al Massri or Johanna Braddy, so acting like Alex is a goddess amongst mere mortals, is really not working.)  But anything to do with Alex's love life sucks.  Although, I will fully admit that it's because I'm totally pulling for a Alex/Shelby pairing.

A beat-up Charlie has returned, and now Miranda feels like shit for doubting him.  Yawn.

Caleb obviously dishonored the Lannisters by even trying to compare them to his parents, but at least it was fun seeing Marcia Cross again.  Didn't have much to do in this one, but the scene of her confronting Shelby did offer a glimmer of potential future conflict.  Although I wished she would realize her son sucks.

I foolishly thought that having the four women recruits by themselves could be fun, but instead I just felt bad for Nimah, for getting stuck with those three.  Spending the holidays with Natalie bitching about her ex, Shelby head over heels over fucking Caleb, and especially Alex all mopey about Booth, is not my idea of a good time.

For some reason, I was amused over Alex saying something about calling Uber, but Priyanka Chopra made it sound like "Ober."  It just stood out for some reason.

So, the big mid-season cliffhanger is that Simon accidentally blew up the FBI headquarters, that I'm pretty sure was where they evacuated everyone to.  So, I guess we'll see if anything important dies.  Only Simon, Alex, Natalie, and Nimah are safe.  I don't see them actually killing Liam, Shelby, Caleb, or Raina yet, but maybe Caleb's dad could bite it (I don't see them offing his mom, after they just introduced her.)  Either way, I will probably be foolishly back for eye-candy reasons, but I'll probably hate myself for it.

• Love 2
Also, Shelby's break up speech? Man, this show feels like it was written by a teenager.

Worse than

"Did you find anything?"

"Only regret ..."

Jeez Louise ...

Simon, the next time someone duct tapes a dead-man switch in your hand, the solution is literally wrapped around your wrist - take off the tape, wrap it around the switch.  You might set it off by doing so but if it's that sensitive, you'd have already set it off while you were knocked out. 

So, about Alex's fake terrorist case.  First, how in the world did they push her case through the system so fast they're actually getting set to sentence her faster than it takes the secret bomb guys to detonate their next weapon?  Even Jack McCoy couldn't move a case that quickly.  Second, Alex gets to go to jail for realsies?  Just to 'keep up the charade' or cuz she actually pled guilty?  I assumed they were just trying to keep up appearances to draw out the real terrorists (an abundantly stupid plan, but let's go with it), so why was there a time limit?  They told Alex she had four hours to solve this thing or actually get sent to actual prison.  Real cases take weeks and months so I must assume that expedited this as part of their fake plan, so part of this plan is to give Alex no time to solve anything? 

And because it can't be said enough - where are all the other FBI guys?  I mean we see them milling about sometimes but it's only Alex and scooby gang who can solve this?  

Great Odin's raven, this stupid, stupid show.

Edited by henripootel
  • Love 8

So that was the reveal? Caleb looking at a safety deposit vault by Grand Central Station?

Episode by episode, they have shown us a character acting in most suspicious ways, just to turn around and prove them innocent the next episode.  Simon getting plans for the targets.  Elias grabbing Simon.  Now, Caleb renting a suspiciously located box.  Isn't it obvious that this almost guarantees that Caleb is innocent?  (Of course, they will run out of players soon and have to go down the list again.  So, maybe Caleb will turn out to be the baddie.  Eventually.)

Elias's stupid tale of woe was uninspiring, and his departure by defenestration was risible.  

The TV landscape will have to be pretty bleak, come March, for me to dredge up the urge to rejoin.

• Love 4

So I'm guessing when Caleb was "rescued" this was planned by the cult and he's been working with them all along?

So tired of all the love triangles. Newsflash: a show does not need them to be interesting.

Edited by mertensia
  • Love 6

For some reason, I was amused over Alex saying something about calling Uber, but Priyanka Chopra made it sound like "Ober."  It just stood out for some reason.

LOL, it stood out to me too, I actually rewound the dvd twice to hear if she said OBER.

• Love 1

Just checking in to see who the bomber is since I had to stop watching this show several episodes ago due to the fact that it made my brain hurt.  So it seems that creepy Elias blew up something and Simon blew up something but neither of them wanted to blow up something  but Caleb may have actually been the one to want to blow up something. And Booth wrote a song. Yep sounds about right for this show.

Edited by miracole
  • Love 3

Maybe they should put some agents who have more than six months of experience on this massive terrorist attack on a major American city. Alex, who only a handful of people know had falsely confessed, was so important to the team that they let her run around trying to solve the crime when she's supposed to be in prison? Because there is no one else in the FBI that could do it, I guess.   I'm surprised they didn't let her diffuse the bomb.

• Love 4

Well, this show isn't going to be winning any GLAAD awards. I am pleased with myself that I saw the Elias reveal about spying on Simon coming last week! Where was that hotel BTW that the windows opened that easily? Most places have safety windows now, and that can't happen like that. If only one of the recruits were a lawyer...oops!

I'm still fairly certain that Liam is Alex's real father, even if he doesn't know it, so I hope they didn't hook up. I assume that either Marcia Cross and/or Booth's "wife" will go stalker/killer if this gets another season.

I wish they had had a different actor playing Caleb, because I think he might have been an interesting character on paper.

See you all next year!

• Love 2

And Booth wrote a song.

And I laughed up a lung when I heard about that!

He wrote a song?  What's it called, Out of Left Field?  Because I haven't seen him strumming a guitar or even listening to a CD for the entire season, so what, love taught him to write music? 

Edited by Netfoot
  • Love 6

He wrote a song?  What's it called, Out of Left Field?  Because I haven't seen him strumming a guitar or even listening to a CD for the entire season, so what, love taught him to write music?

I write and sing songs for my cats all the time and no one knows it.

Marcia Cross plays a good psycho so I'm going to go out on a limb and predict that her involvement in the bombings will be revealed in the upcoming episodes. Plus, lazy writers always introduce peripheral culprits late in the season.

• Love 2

I was about to do a happy dance about Rick Cosnett/Elias leaving the show, but then he could still be needed for the flashbacks, right? Smeggin' frell.

Edited by Trini

Top flight work again, NATS.  You have a guy moaning about how "they'll" kill him, everything is wrong, yada yada, and he's standing by the window!  Did none of you clue into that? 

Why do bombs always stop at 1 second before detonation?  (Shout out to Galaxy Quest!)  Wouldn't it have made more sense for the bomb guy to freeze spray it right of the bat?  And Miranda seems to have taken the lesson from the earlier episode about not evacuating the building.  Was she essential? I think not. 

...juvenile college antics...

What the hell was that supposed to be, anyway?  Weekend at Bernadette's?  Any chance to pull on the super scoop neck "uniform" tee shirts, I guess.  And Shelby keeps a supply of semi-formal dresses in her dorm closet?

You know the acting is deteriorating when the actors with a natural accent start to sound like they are parodying that same accent.

• Love 2

So tired of all the love triangles. Newsflash: a show does not need them to be interesting.

It usually makes a show uninteresting as a result.

Pretty much sums up the season.

Definitely, Elias just whine and moaned about his stupidity and then killed himself. Useless character, through and through that added nothing.

I won't be surprised if Maybe Marcia Cross's character is the person behind the bombings, and Caleb is her zombified son. Probably they should rename it into "Manchurian Candidate" for the 2nd half of the season. (Not that writers actually have watched it, but they probably have read about "The Manchurian Candidate" on wikipedia or elsewhere.) 

And the questions I have after this episode are not about gaps in logic and plot holes and so on those questions are useless anymore, but how cheap this show is? Like literally. Do they have only two sets? Do actors rehearse at all?  Do they film everything in one take? Because it's really hard to find another show where everything looks so cheap and actors are so miserable in delivering their lines.  

Edited by skotnikov
  • Love 2

Why do bombs always stop at 1 second before detonation?

Well, the bomb in Goldfinger famously stopped at 007.  Usually, they think the show gets more thrilling the closer the call.  Nobody takes the clock down to 001, because that is cheesy to the extreme.  But cheese seems to be par for the course, with this team of writers.

Edited by Netfoot
  • Love 1

I write and sing songs for my cats all the time and no one knows it.

Marcia Cross plays a good psycho so I'm going to go out on a limb and predict that her involvement in the bombings will be revealed in the upcoming episodes. Plus, lazy writers always introduce peripheral culprits late in the season.

Yep. She got elected after 9/11, so this bombing could be her clear plot to presidential candidate. The writers half-fast watched The Manchurian Candidate and decided to make a twisted plot with mama making herself the candidate and her son doing all three ridiculous things to make it happen.

This show was created and based around the premise that Priyanka Chopra is hot and the writers never felt a need to add anything more to it.

Basically. The EP has already stated from the beginning that she is the only safe character. Edited by Noirprncess
  • Love 1
And Shelby keeps a supply of semi-formal dresses in her dorm closet?

Quite a selection too.  And are we given to understand that all the formal dresses came from Shelby's closet?  And that one fit Priyanka Chopra?  Don't get me wrong, she's a beautiful woman but Shelby could stand to eat a few burgers so no way they're sharing clothes.

Well, the bomb in Goldfinger famously stopped at 007.  Usually, they think the show gets more thrilling the closer the call.  Nobody takes the clock down to 001, because that is cheesy to the extreme.  But cheese seems to be par for the course, with this team of writers.

And even back then, the Goldfinger writers had a better sense of humor about the trope.  If I recall, as Bond looked at the bomb frantically wondering how to disarm it, another agent calmly reached in and just switched it off.  Just a reminder (for me) how charmless and lacking in actual humor this show is, although I will say the thought of Booth caterwauling out his Alex heartache to his ex-wife and current partner - that's funny.  In my mind, he's well on his way to being Agent Burt Macklin, FBI.

ETA: could somebody please tell me what the terrorists had on Elias to force him into participating in a horrible atrocity and setting up an innocent man (as far as we know, for now) for the crime?  A crime so heinous that the mere thought of it now necessitates a retreat into sweet, sweet death?  

Edited by henripootel
  • Love 4

So let's see...

Homosexual = evil, corrupt, weak, cowardly, stalker.

Fauxmosexual = good, loyal, misunderstood, victimized by the evil gay.

Honestly wouldn't have minded the former if it weren't for the latter. Think I'm done with this damn show. Too bad, guess I'll never get to hear Ryan's song.

Edited by dmeets
  • Love 6

Top flight work again, NATS.  You have a guy moaning about how "they'll" kill him, everything is wrong, yada yada, and he's standing by the window!  Did none of you clue into that?

Guess they never learned that in Quantico.

• Love 1

Well, after last week's episode, I deleted this series off my DVR and only tuned in last night in the hopes ABC would give me a new Galavant promo (they did!).  Quantico is just as stupid as it was last week and this entire season.  I rolled my eyes at the ex-wife's tirade against Alex and rolled them again when she anviled us with "you really are beautiful".  Isn't the first rule of writing to show not tell?  Gah.  Oh, and cycling through the various supporting characters as potential bomber candidates is going to get really old, really fast.  I'm so thankful that I will have zero reason to come back in March.  Peace out, folks!

• Love 5

Quite a selection too.  And are we given to understand that all the formal dresses came from Shelby's closet?

ETA: could somebody please tell me what the terrorists had on Elias to force him into participating in a horrible atrocity and setting up an innocent man (as far as we know, for now) for the crime?  A crime so heinous that the mere thought of it now necessitates a retreat into sweet, sweet death?

Lol at the dresses. Remember, they had time for "Alex" to get her dress completed tailored to fit.

Elias falsified info a major case. They threatened to expose it and him. Wait, where have we heard this dastardly sub plot before?

Honestly, how exactly does this episode get Simon out of the running?. Obviously, the second bomb location was based on a fake out by someone who understood what the FBI and other alphabets would do when evacuating the hotel, right?. Didn't Simon "figure out" that the bomb would be in the boiler?. And didn't he press the button anyway - why was that?

• Love 1
Elias falsified info a major case. They threatened to expose it and him.

I thought that was what I heard.  So Elias traded disbarment and maybe a few months at club fed for the death penalty, for a group that had no reason to hold up their end of the bargain?  Then felt so guilty he had to kill himself, but not so guilty that he'd tell what he knew about the terrorists first?  And the terrorists trusted an untrained conscript with some major part of their evil plan, information he could have used to cut a deal with the feds and get himself off the hook?  I was honestly hoping there'd be more to this, but ... no.  

Honestly wondering if I'll be back after the hiatus.  I get stupider every time I watch this show, and this coming from a guy who rode The Event, Terra Nova, and Revolution right into the ground.  I don't care if Priyanka's shirt-tightener ratchets it up to 'tourniquet' level, it won't be enough to bring me back for another helping of this dung.  

Speaking of which, if you try to cut open a boiler like that, it will explode.

Not if there's no water in it.  Which there wasn't, even though the idea that the bomb had to be in water led them to the boiler in the first place.  Meaning they guessed right for no reason at all.  Sigh.   This stupid show.

Edited by henripootel
  • Love 6

Awwww henripootel, I bounced on Revolution at the end of season 1. I couldn't take the stupidity any longer. That show generated pages and pages of hate with each episode on TWOP. I really feel like Quantico is earning the award named after another ridiculous show premise, The Following .

And yes, Elias thought death was preferable than disbursement and his six figure salary loss. Lazy writing can't even take the blame for this stupidity.

• Love 1

Agree with all of the comments.  I am getting increasingly tired of Special Snowflake Alex.  For once, it'd be an interesting twist if the main character that is portrayed as the Most Special Snowflake ever is in fact the baddie behind it all.  But instead, we have people falling all over her to make her feel special.

It was utterly ridiculous how Booth's ex-wife praised her and said something like "you're the most beautiful woman in the room" so it MUST be you that he can't stop thinking about.  There weren't enough vomit bags around for that line.  Also, how and when did she find time to flat iron her hair in Present Day?  We saw her famously don a ballcap and strut away from Grand Central in one of the earliest episodes, with her flouncy mass of hair flowing out of the cap and bouncing up and down with every step.  So how in the hotel room did it look much sleeker and less bouncy?

Good riddance (hopefully) to Elias and Rick Cosnett.  I know people have said he was a good actor, but I hated him from the start.  I hated his voice, I guess that's what the actor thinks a gay person sounds like?  I'm a bit surprised that in today's age, that the show would go out of its way to make the show's only gay character turn out to be so whiny, snivelling and cowardly.  He says he was forced to do all of it, and he had to go along and kill 111 people otherwise they would kill him.  But then he kills himself?  Makes no sense.  Wish he had offed himself in his first appearance.

I don't think Caleb is the bomber.  We are led to believe that he is, since we see a scene of Caleb as Mark Raymond during the New Year's break renting a safe deposit box at that bank.  But I'm confused as to how he would know so many months in advance that the building would wind up being used as FBI Command Center for the future Grand Central Bombing?  Is it because his dad is FBI so he knew that they liked to use that location for running missions in New York?  I don't think it's him.  I think it's another red herring.

Looks like Liam and Alex will hook up soon, which is kind of awkward because I feel like he hooked up with her mom. I can imagine him comforting Mrs. Parrish after she was beaten up by her husband. Then the two have sex and Liam runs away, because he seems to enjoy leading women on and bailing on them.
It's very obvious to me that Liam is Alex's father.  It's very cliche that this end up being the case, and since this show is checking of the List of Cliches, I have absolutely no doubt this will come to pass.  Since this show is truly All About Alex, she will discover in the last 2 minutes of the finale some secret file that will of course reveal that Liam O'Connor is her biological father.
  • Love 5
I really feel like Quantico is earning the award named after another ridiculous show premise, The Following

Even I ditched The Following mid-season 1.  I could actually hear my brain cells dying every time they mentioned the stupid Poe fetish. Truly you are made of sterner stuff, Noir.

Since this show is truly All About Alex, she will discover in the last 2 minutes of the finale some secret file that will of course reveal that Liam O'Connor is her biological father.

Which will move her 'teach me something' up from 'dumb' to 'nauseating'.  

• Love 1