Type keyword(s) to search

S03.E08: Many Heads, One Tale

• Start Topic

I know (or I've read) that Whedon often don't let romances be happy for long or end in tragedy but were those shows co-written with his wife? 

Different Whedon. The "everybody suffers" Whedon is Joss, the one who co-wrote this episode and is married to Maurissa Tancharoen is his brother Jed.

• Love 1

Different Whedon. The "everybody suffers" Whedon is Joss, the one who co-wrote this episode and is married to Maurissa Tancharoen is his brother Jed.

Aren't they both creators and executive producers of the show? Maybe since Jed and Maurissa is so heavily invested in FitzSimmons the show will only throw obstacles at them that they can overcome. Fingers crossed hehe.

• Love 1

And the Rosalind and Coulson thing rubbed me the wrong way. I like that he was still guarded with her, but I didn't like just how ... off balance it was. what I liked about their dynamic was that she was someone who kept him on his toes, someone he could go head to head with, but nope, one night with Coulson and she's a trusting patsy, and he's still super spy. I dont think it would bother me so much except that it feels like every other woman (with the possible exception of Daisy) on the show fits into the "badasss but turns into a marshmallow when love interest X is around."

I didn't mind Rosalind being a tiny bit marshmallow in this episode because I think Coulson had his moment like that too (when Ward betrayed him and he finally realized it). This was Rosalind's moment to see that she can't trust everyone on HER team. It's devastating and infuriating and stunning, and it should be.

I just don't want her to lose her edge because of it. Coulson hasn't lost his; in fact, he's become more on guard ever since Ward betrayed him. So I'd like to see Roz stay badass as well. I like them as a team. I think they could be good together.

• Love 3

I found it to be an enjoyable episode. More pieces to the various puzzles filled in. The Inhumans are a people that have inhabited the 616-Earth for a long ass time so I imagine that Earth-199999 (the MCU universe) is the same in that respect. I will admit that when Gideon started talking about the Inhuman that would rule the world that the others were afraid of... my mind jumped immediately to Apocalypse even though he's not an Inhuman. I'm just used to that particular thread leading to him. Hydra being so much older than the Red Skull is fine with me... it actually moves it closer to a Cthulu type mythos... where the old secrets are very old and very secret. I can absolutely buy some cult through the eons that has grown and changed and developed. They infiltrated SHIELD so completely it stands to reason that they've been doing this for a very long time. Yeah, that's all feasible to me in this world.

Simmons and Fitz having it out was enjoyable, too. Simmons is a mess. I can see where she's coming from in that she's absolutely wracked with guilt. Guilt for giving up on Fitz, guilt for whatever it is with Will, guilt for asking Fitz to help her bring Will back, guilt for still feeling deep feels for the both of them and guilt for being unable to do anything about either until the question of Will is answered. And I can understand her being upset that Fitz is being so accommodating because that just adds to the guilt... he's a great guy, a good guy who she feels she is probably taking advantage of but what else is she supposed to do?

And I loved Fitz for basically being all 'as opposed to what?' in regards to helping find a way to Will again. Because, yeah, this isn't about buying a boyfriend a plane ticket from Phoenix. This is about rescuing a survivor from a place he's been stranded for 16... that no one else has been able to figure out how to get to purposely. Of course he's going to help. This situation is extreme. And I also liked that he admitted that he went looking for dirt on the guy... and then said that of course he's a good guy, Jemma wouldn't have fallen for him otherwise. I also liked that as he's describing Will as this strong, smart, heroic astronaut Jemma points out that Fitz jumped through a hole in the universe for her.

As far as grand gestures go, that one's pretty grand. And now he's preparing to do the same thing, or least something similar, to a man Jemma fell for while across the universe... because that's just the kind of guy he is. And all of that just adds to her guilt. It's pretty complex and understandable when you get right down to it.

As for Ward. I really don't care. But, in my defense, fuck that guy.

• Love 9

I'm a little nervous for Fitz. If Powers Boothe and Ward want the technology that will enable them to send people through the portal and get them back, Ward may decide to pay his old "buddy" Fitz a visit and kidnap him. 

That said, I always used to love the dynamic between Ward and Fitz (back when we thought they were actually friends), so scenes between Ward and Fitz now could be really fascinating.

But if Ward kills Fitz... Ward's a dead man. No punishment will be good enough. He'll need to be killed. Slowly and painfully.

• Love 2

Fitz may have grabbed Jemma's hand to bring her back, but it was Daisy that matched the frequency of the monolith to keep it open longer so they could come back. Daisy's the one they need if they want to get the super inhuman back to Earth. Why make Fitz make a device when they can just use her? 

It would be easier to threaten to kill everyone if she doesn't help them. 

Edited by Sakura12
  • Love 2

I loved all the parts of this episode and how they tied together, except Ward on the airplane. It seemed out of place and was just put in there to show us once again how EVIIIL he is. We get it. He's an Ass that would kill a whole plane load of innocents for some reason that only he knows. Can't wait for him to die a horrible painful death.

• Love 3

One thing that I did like about Ward is that they've upped the evil on him. Dude blew a whole in a plane and doomed the passengers to death just so he could get a ride. He couldn't just steal a private jet?

He blew open a door, decompressing the plane, that wouldn't automatically kill the passengers. They'd die if the pilots didn't get the plane back down to a safe altitude in time.

• Love 3

Daisy's the one they need if they want to get the super inhuman back to Earth. Why make Fitz make a device when they can just use her?

Because I'd rather see a face-off between Ward and Fitz than one between Ward and Daisy (which was usually really tiresome)?  *GRIN*

• Love 1

He blew open a door, decompressing the plane, that wouldn't automatically kill the passengers. They'd die if the pilots didn't get the plane back down to a safe altitude in time.

Yeah that hair you split doesn't make me think that what he did was less creepy. Besides, there's a hole in the plane now that they can't patch. I mean, the door is gone. I'm not an engineer or physicist or pilot, but I'm guessing that that's going to have a dramatic effect on how the plane flies.

• Love 3

And Von Strucker Jr is the brother in law of Zac the other Whedon .And Mo's brother Kevin is responsible for some of the best action episodes ( May v May and Daisy's one shot were on his watch)

Daisy was able to match the frequency that caused the monolith to turn into the portal. The monolith has gone kerblooey. There is nothing left for Daisy to zap. Fitz has to find an altermative to the old portal. OR they will get the mini-monolith from Ward's new friend, in which case Daisy can probably zap that.

And Von Strucker Jr is the brother in law of Zac the other Whedon .And Mo's brother Kevin is responsible for some of the best action episodes ( May v May and Daisy's one shot were on his watch)

But I still haven't forgiven Kev' for the last Mortal Kombat: Legacy installment. Blech.

It seemed like another plot-demando that Malick had a tete-a-tete with Andrew. Not sure what could be accomplished by that conversation except to pitch the tension higher on the parallel plot of Coulson and Roz. Because of the timing within the episode, Malick couldn't explicitly ask Andrew to work for him and the subtle "come to the dark side" pitch was weird to me. Ah well...

OH! And *why* was the ATCU keeping the Inhuman molds from terrigenesis? Seems like a waste of a bunch of totes.

SHIELD didnt figure out anything new. They only knew sound frequencies opened the portal because they found the setup in the castle, so the mysterious group has known how to open the portal for a century at least. All Fitz did was tie a rope around himself, go through and let the gang pull him back. Does Powers Booth really need them explain that to him? His group already figured out the hard part.

• Love 2

I'm still of the mind that Will was possessed/consummed/otherwise killed at the time that Fitz was pulling Simmons back through the portal, so the grand irony here might be that SHIELD, in an effort to stop HYDRA's masterplan, is actually the one to achieve HYDRA's masterplan because they can't just let Will die over there. (Not that they should take that stance, I'm just saying that's probably going to be their undoing.)

And if HYDRA would just sit around and wait a little bit, SHIELD would basically destroy themselves and they'd get everything they ever wanted. (Probably won't go that way though -- something tells me Ward's endless vendetta against May (dude, your foot healed ages ago!) might sabotage HYDRA itself.

Holy cow, that was a great episode! So much happened and so many threads were finally tied together. It was so good, I even liked Lincoln.

With the exception of Ward killing those henchmen and bringing down that plane, everything just zipped along for me. I can't decide which I like more: 1) Bobbi and Hunter going undercover (Hunter put his loudmouth to exceptional use), 2) Coulson and Roz going at each other, 3) Lincoln being terrified of May, 4) Fitz and Simmons finally having it out (and don't hate me, but I wasn't a fan of the kiss--there was something awkward or a little un-passionate about it to me, I don't know), 5) the reveal of the baby monolith, or 6) Mack's phone operator voice. 

• Love 6

Fitz may have grabbed Jemma's hand to bring her back, but it was Daisy that matched the frequency of the monolith to keep it open longer so they could come back. Daisy's the one they need if they want to get the super inhuman back to Earth. Why make Fitz make a device when they can just use her? 

It would be easier to threaten to kill everyone if she doesn't help them. 

As of now, we don't know what Gideon knows about how they got someone back. If that is all he knows then Ward would have to assume it is Fitz they need. Even if they did know about Daisy using her powers to open the portal, how are they going to get her to do it instead of using her powers to kill them (even if they had a gun to Coulson's head)? I don't think Ward wants to mess with Daisy at this point. Much easier to grab FitzSimmons and threaten to hurt Jemma if Fitz doesn't help. They don't need Daisy, they just need Fitz to make a machine that can match the frequency of the stone. They could have done the same thing in the old castle if the machine there didn't break down.

I'm still of the mind that Will was possessed/consummed/otherwise killed at the time that Fitz was pulling Simmons back through the portal, so the grand irony here might be that SHIELD, in an effort to stop HYDRA's masterplan, is actually the one to achieve HYDRA's masterplan because they can't just let Will die over there. (Not that they should take that stance, I'm just saying that's probably going to be their undoing.)

And if HYDRA would just sit around and wait a little bit, SHIELD would basically destroy themselves and they'd get everything they ever wanted. (Probably won't go that way though -- something tells me Ward's endless vendetta against May (dude, your foot healed ages ago!) might sabotage HYDRA itself.

I think Will died a long time ago and the Inhuman took his form. It would explain the lack of aging.

Unless the team figures out there is "mini-monoliths" out there they can't open the portal so in this instance, I don't think HYDRA can let SHIELD do their dirty work for them.

To open the portal and save Will, who is the Inhuman, FitzSimmons needs the monolith HYDRA has.

To open the portal and get the Inhuman, who is Will, Hydra needs FitzSimmons.

Everything is connected!

• Love 1

I thought they showed Will still alive and alone after Simmons was rescued?

I think Will died a long time ago and the Inhuman took his form. It would explain the lack of aging.

I think Will died when Simmons was rescued -- and the Inhuman took his form. (To me that explains why he would check for bullets in a gun that Will had already explained to Jemma had only one bullet left (the one bullet that was fired while Jemma was escaping). Will would know that there were no more bullets, but the Inhuman wouldn't.)

But I can see where you're coming from, Fogh. :-)

To open the portal and save Will, who is the Inhuman, FitzSimmons needs the monolith HYDRA has.

To open the portal and get the Inhuman, who is Will, Hydra needs FitzSimmons.

Everything is connected!

You're very right -- they do need each other.

• Love 1

The FitzSimmons argument felt manufactured.  But then all that relationship drama is manufactured, so at least they're consistent about it.  Coulson and Price have actual relationship drama, at least. 

Really not fond of the "everything you knew about Hydra is WRONG!" development.  The whole "let's rewrite history to suit our current story line" thing is one of the major reasons I don't read comic books.

The main problem with Ward's character is that he's an excellent badass but they keep trying to pretend he's a mastermind, or has mastermind potential, or is otherwise more than a weapon.  They tell us he's figured stuff out about vaults and stuff, but they never show him doing it (arriving at a vault doesn't tell me how you knew where to go).  It's all "well, he's contractually obligated to appear, so the evil overlord can't just kill him."

• Love 3

I just realized something. The whole premise of Rosalind telling her people to let the "FBI" do their thing was that Coulson told her that the pod that Andrew/Lash was in caused the breach warning by scanning for something or some other. We later learn however that that pod was never even at that facility, which Rosalind obviously knew. So why did she buy that excuse?

• Love 3

Simmons and Fitz having it out was enjoyable, too. Simmons is a mess. I can see where she's coming from in that she's absolutely wracked with guilt. Guilt for giving up on Fitz, guilt for whatever it is with Will, guilt for asking Fitz to help her bring Will back, guilt for still feeling deep feels for the both of them and guilt for being unable to do anything about either until the question of Will is answered. And I can understand her being upset that Fitz is being so accommodating because that just adds to the guilt... he's a great guy, a good guy who she feels she is probably taking advantage of but what else is she supposed to do?

And I loved Fitz for basically being all 'as opposed to what?' in regards to helping find a way to Will again. Because, yeah, this isn't about buying a boyfriend a plane ticket from Phoenix. This is about rescuing a survivor from a place he's been stranded for 16... that no one else has been able to figure out how to get to purposely. Of course he's going to help. This situation is extreme. And I also liked that he admitted that he went looking for dirt on the guy... and then said that of course he's a good guy, Jemma wouldn't have fallen for him otherwise. I also liked that as he's describing Will as this strong, smart, heroic astronaut Jemma points out that Fitz jumped through a hole in the universe for her.

As far as grand gestures go, that one's pretty grand. And now he's preparing to do the same thing, or least something similar, to a man Jemma fell for while across the universe... because that's just the kind of guy he is. And all of that just adds to her guilt. It's pretty complex and understandable when you get right down to it.

Yeah, that must be pretty tough for her. While she was away from Fitz, she got with Will. Now while she is away from Will, she gets with Fitz (yay!). One of those guys needs to lock that Simmons down!

Simmons is in a pretty horrible situation and Fitz being such a good guy is only going to make her feel worse. Unfortunately, she has some blame coming her way as well. Don't want to make it feel even worse? Don't ask Fitz to help. Have to ask Fitz for help? Then don't go off on him while he is helping. Can't help but go off on the guy? Well, then don't make out with Fitz!

Sheesh, she's violating all the made up rules! Seriously, that girl is going to have to make a decision and fast or else Fitz/Will is going to make that decision for her.

SHIELD didn't figure out anything new. They only knew sound frequencies opened the portal because they found the setup in the castle, so the mysterious group has known how to open the portal for a century at least. All Fitz did was tie a rope around himself, go through and let the gang pull him back. Does Powers Booth really need them explain that to him? His group already figured out the hard part.

I can just hear that conversation.

Fitz: ... and then you pull on the rope.

Gideon: I see ... Are you serious? You're not f*cking with me, are you?

Fitz: Nope. Just pull on the rope and the person pops right back through.

Gideon: Thousands of years. Pull the rope. Dammit!

Edited by Jack Kerouac
  • Love 11

I just realized something. The whole premise of Rosalind telling her people to let the "FBI" do their thing was that Coulson told her that the pod that Andrew/Lash was in caused the breach warning by scanning for something or some other. We later learn however that that pod was never even at that facility, which Rosalind obviously knew. So why did she buy that excuse?

I noticed that too.

1.  Glaring plot hole

2.  "Oh the pod passed through the ATCU facility on its way to its final meet-up-with-Gideon location"

3.  Roz and the rest of the ATCU staff played them.

I'm guessing 1, with a side order of 2 being tweeted out from the producers once someone points out the error.

Another plot hole they keep repeating:  showing that "we're a couple now!" picture of Will and Jemma, even though they didn't hook up until after the battery on her phone was depleted.  Unless that's supposed to be a clue that the events on Planet Blue Filter didn't really happen the way she described them in 4722 Hours.

Will must have been real at some point, unless the Inhuman on the blue planet was somehow able to manipulate computer records over here. So my guess is he really did go through with the scientists but he more than likely didn't survive any more than the others. I suspect the Will that Simmons met was really the Inhuman who had killed him and taken his body (or form) long ago. He feigned ignorance (the non sciency scientist) to get on her good side in the hopes she or whoever she was waiting for would be able to bring him back with her. Seducing her was just good business, and perhaps a bit of fun, for someone who had been mostly alone for thousands of years. That or, ironically, Will really did survive on his own for 14 years (which doesn't explain the non sciency stuff, unless he'd forgotten a lot about who he was) only to die at the creatures hands while distracted by Simmons being rescued and NOW the creature is intending to use his form in case the nerdy little human comes back to get him.

Maybe Ward and Malick will kill each other when they inevitably try to stab each other in the back and happen to pick the same moment. More likely though, the big bad Inhuman that Hydra has been trying to free all this time will arrive and reward Malick by biting off his head or something and Ward will end up trying to join forces with SHIELD to stop it, only to be shot by May. And Hunter. And Coulson. And Bobbi. And Daisy. And Simmons. And Mack. And Fitz. And Lincoln. And possibly even Andrew.

Edited by KirkB
  • Love 4

I suppose Hydra's failure to bring back the Inhuman vs the recent SHIELD success could be because no one they sent managed to figure out where the portal opened and remain alive long enough to return. It's not Fitz they need, or even Daisy, it's Simmons. It's also possible that the setup they had couldn't hold the portal long enough for any exploration or even a return; it closed as soon as someone went through, and Daisy's powers allowed her to keep tuning the frequency and keep it open longer than the device would have been able to.

One thing: if the Inhuman wants to return, why kill those sent to bring him/her/it back? Of course, with everyone lost to them, The Organization Now Known as Hydra (TONKAH, totally pronounceable) would not be aware of this, so would keep sending people and thinking the Inhuman would return and lead the world with them as opposed to maybe killing everyone and turning Earth into a desert. I wonder if the show would have Simmons just explain what happens there and how it's not quite what Hydra probably imagines.

I fast forwarded through Ward's scenes in the first part of the episode. He's totally overstayed his welcome for me, even with the newest development. I felt spiteful that the show taunted with his potential death only for him to fight his way out - way to fail, Hydra. His final lines to Andrew were such a mustache-twirling moment that it was almost embarrassing. There is just nowhere for the character to go anymore. I can't even get invested in who gets to finally kill him. As long as he dies, I'd be fine with him slipping on a banana peel and breaking his neck.

Edited by Crim

It looked like the IT guys were in a NOC that's the central point for all ATCU facilities, so they would have been alerted of a pulse from any of their locations (we were actually shown a map of what looked like multiple sites). Mack just said that it looked like the "attack" came from ATCU's IP addresses, and those don't necessarily map to a physical location. Then Hunter and Bobbi went to the main ATCU office, which is where the NOC was actually located. Just because SHIELD assumed the unit was there doesn't really change anything about the scenario. If Daisy and Mack had bothered to look at the results of the homing beacon, they would have realized it was off-site.

I can just hear that conversation.

Fitz: ... and then you pull on the rope.

Gideon: I see ... Are you serious? You're not f*cking with me, are you?

Fitz: Nope. Just pull on the rope and the person pops right back through.

Gideon: Thousands of years. Pull the rope. Dammit!

It's funny to think about, but I believe he clearly meant that know one has ever gone over, let the Portal close, and then come back when it reopens. Said rope would be cut when the Portal opens.

• Love 2

Perhaps, ironicaly, the "monster" seen on the Blue Planet is a guarding system for the Big Bad Inhuman (presently in the shape of Will). So, in a true Wheddon fashion, the one Simmons regarded as dangerous was only trying to help.

As for Ward and Malick taking anyone from SHIELD to open the portal - I guess they'd want:

a) Simmons, a.k.a. the person who was brought back and can tell what she saw there if properly motivated,

b) Fitz, a.k.a. the person who figured out how to open the portal and can build a machine to do that if properly motivated.

It's so convenient that a + b comes in a neat package called FitzSimmons and can indeed be motivated by threatening the other one. Which Ward would be delighted to do.

(...and I can almost see the final shot of winter finale...)

• Love 3

Poor Melinda. Poor Andrew. Thank you show for giving Melinda the heart of a hero, in addition to her badassery. I loved the scene in the quinjet between her and Lincoln. She's felt responsible for the fates of so many people for so long. I hope she gets relief and comfort soon.

I loved that scene too because it establishes May as not just the strong and silent type, but as someone who chooses her words carefully and only speaks when she has something she feels is worth saying. Her apology was wonderfully heartfelt, and I love that she proved to be the kind of person who's not so wound up in her own grief over what happened with Andrew to recognize the grief Lincoln must be feeling. As much as I chuckled at Lincoln's obvious fear of her, I liked that it appears that she chose him as a partner primarily so she'd have an opportunity to apologize and build a bridge between them. I'm not crazy about Lincoln, but he was at least used well in this episode, cheesy scene with Daisy not withstanding.

So does this mean Will wasn't sent as a sacrifice, but awe to save (or at least serve) the inhuman on the other side? Was will complicit?

I could end up being wrong, but I don't think Will was complicit with Hydra. I suspect Hydra's infiltration of NASA worked a lot like their infiltration of SHIELD where most of the organization and definitely most of the grunts had no idea who they were taking orders from or the real purpose behind their missions. And if Hydra knew they were basically sending people to their deaths since they had no real plan for return, there was no reason to waste a Hydra loyalist on the mission.

OH! And *why* was the ATCU keeping the Inhuman molds from terrigenesis? Seems like a waste of a bunch of totes.

For study possibly? Honestly if this was real life, I would expect them to be saved for research purposes. Scientists collect all sorts of crap that doesn't seem useful to layman. There's probably all sorts of alien compounds and elements in the cocoon material that may or may not have applications of earth. I'm sure Hydra has an R&D department that would find those collections useful.

SHIELD didnt figure out anything new. They only knew sound frequencies opened the portal because they found the setup in the castle, so the mysterious group has known how to open the portal for a century at least. All Fitz did was tie a rope around himself, go through and let the gang pull him back. Does Powers Booth really need them explain that to him? His group already figured out the hard part.

I don't think it's the opening of the portal that Gideon feels like they need to figure out, it's how Simmons stayed alive on the planet long enough to be rescued and how she was able to find the portal when it opened. If Simmons hadn't been alive or within sight of the flare when the portal opened, Fitz and his rope wouldn't have been able to bring her back. Now it was mostly by chance that Simmons was close enough to the portal opening for Fitz to find her when he did, but she still has a lot of useful information about how the location of the portal changes each time it's opened that would be useful if Hydra wants to send in another manned mission with any hope of bringing anyone back. It seems doubtful that the portal can be held open indefinitely since neither Daisy or the frequency generators Hydra was using before managed it, so intel from Simmons on how to predict where and when the portal will open up would be key in scheduling a return trip home.

Basically, I think it's Simmons who needs to watch her back. Hydra likely knows very little about the Big Blue Planet since no one they sent has ever come back, so they could learn a lot from her if they got her into custody!

Edited by xqueenfrostine
  • Love 6

Another plot hole they keep repeating:  showing that "we're a couple now!" picture of Will and Jemma, even though they didn't hook up until after the battery on her phone was depleted.  Unless that's supposed to be a clue that the events on Planet Blue Filter didn't really happen the way she described them in 4722 Hours.

They didn't necessarily have to have been in couple mode when the picture was taken, though.

I really enjoyed that episode. I love how all the storylines finally came together. I love that they remembered that Daisy is a hacker. I loved Bobbi and Hunter undercover. Hunter's shirt cracked me up. For the first time in ages, I didn't mind Lincoln. I enjoyed his looks at Daisy when she was hacking, and I really enjoyed his scene with May. I loved how tentative he was. I also enjoyed Coulson and Rosalind, and I'm glad Rosalind isn't really evil Hydra.

Oh, FitzSimmons. I was really worried that Jemma wouldn't kiss Fitz back after the first kiss, that she'd just push him away and be all, "NOPE." But she did and now things are more complicated and it's possible that Will is Hydra or inhuman or something. (If Simmons didn't kiss Fitz back, she's crazy. I'm totally in love with Fitz because he's the cutest, smartest, kindest, most awesomest human being ever. IF YOU DON'T WANT HIM, SEND HIM MY WAY, JEMMA.)

But. Ward needs to die. Like now. I've never seen a more charmless, boring villain. 

AGENT CARTER FTMFW.

Edited by Minneapple
  • Love 2

How does Malick even know SHIELD opened the portal? Or that Simmons, Fitz or anyone else went through and came back? No one outside of Coulson's team should even be aware they ever got it to work. Is Coulson still filing reports?

Ariah, you may be on to something. The monster actually being a good guy or perhaps the thing trying to contain the real evil but not figuring that out until you've just killed it is exactly the kind of thing Whedon would do, and his brother may be taking the same cues. Will seemed to genuinely be afraid of it but he would be if he is the bad Inhuman and it's trying to stop him.

• Love 2

I'm a little nervous for Fitz. If Powers Boothe and Ward want the technology that will enable them to send people through the portal and get them back, Ward may decide to pay his old "buddy" Fitz a visit and kidnap him. 

That said, I always used to love the dynamic between Ward and Fitz (back when we thought they were actually friends), so scenes between Ward and Fitz now could be really fascinating.

But if Ward kills Fitz... Ward's a dead man. No punishment will be good enough. He'll need to be killed. Slowly and painfully.

I think this  could an actually interesting place to take Ward. Especially since the closest hes come to remorse is when he hurt Fitz. It might allow some nuance in Ward for once. I'm not expecting Ward to make a complete turn at this point but some new layers would be nice

I am still laughing at Hunter's typing. He is really good at the undercover schtick and improvising on the fly. I also loved that he and Bobby still managed to bicker even when in major trouble. Also if these too get their spinoff can Mack go with them? Because he's basically  wasted here and his reaction to Hunters antics is part of what makes it so funny. (I think Mack pretty much thinks of Hunter as the most annoying brother in-law who ever lived)  Plus that probably the only way he going to get an actual storyline of his own.

Also judging by how much Gideon knows about what happened to Gemma I'm thinking he has someone inside the secret base.

• Love 2

I thought perhaps Hydra minions were watching the minilith(s) at the time that Simmons was rescued, and noted the abnormally long time that it was held in liquid portal form, then deduced that they were rescuing someone.  Fitz had been dealing with every backalley antiquities thief around in his quest to find some way of opening the monolith.  I thought that Hydra found out that someone had been lost because of his searching.

She strikes me a bit more as a consulting manager brought into special ops projects than a lifer in the deep spy biz.

ETA: I really liked that once she started to put two-and-two together that she seemed to have a bit more understanding of what Coulson and SHIELD really have to deal with.

I think this is inline with what she said herself, that this is her first foray into the paranormal.  She is a professional and competent leader, and has been properly suspicious of SHIELD up to this point.  It wouldn't surprise me if she has a few surprises left for them; in fact, I hope she does.  She was fooled by Gideon, but then Fury was fooled by Pierce.  I doubt Coulson would have suspected Malik if they had met as scheduled.

All of the proposals for Ward's death sound great.  Part of me thinks the surviving Agent Koenigs should appear and take revenge.  And Rosalind needs to meet at least two of them for the reaction alone.

And yes to Agent Carter!

• Love 1

How does Malick even know SHIELD opened the portal? Or that Simmons, Fitz or anyone else went through and came back? No one outside of Coulson's team should even be aware they ever got it to work. Is Coulson still filing reports?

Someone suggested up threat that there might be some sort of surveillance on the castle Coulson & Co took the monolith to when they saved Simmons. That seems like as good of a theory as any since the castle was at one time (and maybe still is) Hydra property.

Edited by xqueenfrostine
  • Love 1

So, when Simmons flipped over the sheet of paper at the end to reveal the Hydra logo, I'm the only one who thought it just looked like a big pair of balls hanging there? Which just makes everyone's grimaces afterwords the funniest thing ever.

• Love 1

I thought the whole point of Gideon asking Andrew to tell him what SHIELD was up to was what lead to the portal information? Andrew knew about it and seemed willing to talk.

So, when Simmons flipped over the sheet of paper at the end to reveal the Hydra logo, I'm the only one who thought it just looked like a big pair of balls hanging there? Which just makes everyone's grimaces afterwords the funniest thing ever.

Yup. That's the first thing I thought of, a D & B. It would have been awesome if someone had mentioned it or said "Simmons, is great that you and Fitz hooked up, but we don't need photographic evidence - Fitz's permagrin is proof enough!"

Edited by Jack Kerouac

I thought the whole point of Gideon asking Andrew to tell him what SHIELD was up to was what lead to the portal information? Andrew knew about it and seemed willing to talk.

That's certainly plausible though I would have hoped that had Andrew agreed to start dishing out information on SHIELD that we would have seen him do it.  Plus if Andrew was willing to be a source for Malick, I don't think he'd need to send Ward on a hunt for more details.  As Jemma's therapist, Andrew likely would have had a lot to share on the matter.  

So, here's what I want to know. How did Mallick know about what happened to Simmons. That's not exactly public knowledge. Maybe he was just tapping her parents' phone line, or maybe there's more.

Mallick got the information about Simmons from Andrew. He was her therapist after she came back through the portal.

Plus if Andrew was willing to be a source for Malick, I don't think he'd need to send Ward on a hunt for more details.

Andrew did not know how they opened the portal because he was not the therapist for Daisy or Fitz. All he knew was that Simmons came back from a presumably from traumatic experience. If Andrew did not know how they opened the portal then it stands to reason that he could not have told Malick.

I saw Mark Dacascos and immediately thought of Iron Chef :D

So did I!  I even told my husband it was the Iron Chef--only to have him correct me that he was, what, the Chairman's grandson or something like that?  What can I say, he'll always be the Iron Chef to me!

• Love 2

Yup. That's the first thing I thought of, a D & B. It would have been awesome if someone had mentioned it or said "Simmons, is great that you and Fitz hooked up, but we don't need photographic evidence - Fitz's permagrin is proof enough!"

You and Chloe . She did an interview after the episode on IGN and she said the same thing .

http://uk.ign.com/videos/2015/11/18/agents-of-shields-chloe-bennet-and-luke-mitchell-discuss-inhumans-hydra-and-fitzsimmons

Mallick got the information about Simmons from Andrew. He was her therapist after she came back through the portal.

Andrew did not know how they opened the portal because he was not the therapist for Daisy or Fitz. All he knew was that Simmons came back from a presumably from traumatic experience. If Andrew did not know how they opened the portal then it stands to reason that he could not have told Malick.

But Malick wouldn't need to know how to open the portal. His Hydra forebears had already figured it out. There was an old frequency generator on site at the castle. That was how Daisy and Fitz figured out the portal could be opened with a specific frequency and how Daisy was able to copy it. Plus NASA must have been able to open the portal themselves to send Will and his team in since I doubt they could have gotten all of their equipment through without holding the portal open.

Wait. There were 2 monoliths in play: the one that grabbed Jemma and the one that was in the oldy-times lab. The one in ye oldey time labs blowed up, but doesn't SHIELD still have the one that grabbed Jemma? the one with the rectangle cut outs that match the size of the HYDRA chunk?

Wait. There were 2 monoliths in play: the one that grabbed Jemma and the one that was in the oldy-times lab. The one in ye oldey time labs blowed up, but doesn't SHIELD still have the one that grabbed Jemma? the one with the rectangle cut outs that match the size of the HYDRA chunk?

These are the same monolith. It was in the castle back in the day, somehow got moved until SHIELD found it and was brought back to the castle by SHIELD in 3x02.

• Love 1

I'm willing to put up with Ward surviving another season, just as long as this one ends with HIM stuck on the blue filter desert planet of doom with no hope of return.

This show is getting borderline incredible in how it manages to juggle so many characters and storylines.  We're just eight episodes into the season yet it feels like there's an absolute ton of stuff that's already happened, and it's leading to even more stuff being set up.

• Love 3

All of the proposals for Ward's death sound great.  Part of me thinks the surviving Agent Koenigs should appear and take revenge.  And Rosalind needs to meet at least two of them for the reaction alone.

Are you there doG?

It's me,DeLurker.

But. Ward needs to die. Like now. I've never seen a more charmless, boring villain. 

Ward was a charmless, boring SHIELD agent so at least he is consistent.

• Love 2