Type keyword(s) to search

S11.E01: That Was Then This Is Now

• Start Topic

In the season 11 premiere, Kris is still hurting over public comments Caitlyn made about their marriage, which presents a dilemma for their daughters as they work to be supportive of both parents. Meanwhile, Kourtney focuses her attention on her kids after asking Scott to move out; and Kim encourages Khloe to do a very sexy photo shoot.

What a piece of work Kim is, telling Khloe that she thinks the family brand is all about the sexy & that she's passing the baton to her. Basically, she's saying that she's the sexy one in the family (since Kourtney apparently doesn't bring the sexy) & while she's pregnant, it's OK if Khloe is the sexy one.

Caitlyn not talking to Kendall because she went to dinner with Kris instead of her was a real bitch thing to do.

• Love 6

I thought planning the dinner with Kris right after the ceremony was asking to put themselves in the middle. Whether there was an after party or not, running straight to Kris right after the ceremony just didn't seem sincere.  Good fir Kourtney for stepping up and realizing they created that situation. 

Caitlyn not speaking to just Kendall though was awful. But I do get that it was a special night and her first night as "her" in public and maybe she wanted her kids there and instead they chose a dinner with Kris. They could have had breakfast with Kris before, or lunch, or spend the entire next day with her. Instead they planned the dinner the same time as the party which Kourtney knew they chose that to avoid the party and didn't care about the other girls being forced to choose. 

Kendall and Kylie should have had better sense. 

• Love 3

Caitlyn not talking to Kendall because she went to dinner with Kris instead of her was a real bitch thing to do.

Especially after she (Caitlyn) has gone on and on about how her transition may affect her children, and blah blah blah. I like her less and less.  In fact, I'm pretty much over her.   It seems to be a trend with her - not talking to her kids (wasn't there an issue with the Jenner kids refusing to appear on her show)?

The girls indeed did create the situation, they probably didn't think it through - but in the end, there was nothing wrong with them dividing their support between both parents that night.  Caitlyn put them in this situation - and she should have a little more empathy for them (and for the woman she was married to, for that matter).

But my sense is it's all about Caityn all the time.  (When it's not about her designer dresses and Chanel handbags),

Edited by mwell345
  • Love 15

Kim pulled the same thing on Kylie about how she was passing the "sexy" baton. Kim there is nothing sexy about a person who looks like a space alien. Her face in the talking heads was scary. Those lips! Aren't those injections bad for the baby.

And I guess her tear ducts are frozen too. When Kourtney and Kris were crying about Scott she was stone (glacier?) faced.

eta. How crazy is Kim talking with North? "No one else has a star, only you North". She could have put that a better way. You could tell by Kourt's face she wanted to tell Kim off.

Edited by Maire
  • Love 5

Kylie really is a nasty piece of work. Another unhousebroken pet crapping in the house too. I'm betting Kylies glam squad hates her spoiled little ass.

And nice work Kris, telling Kourtney to start looking for a man, and Corey has some buddies just looking to hook up with some rich single mom of three. I'll bet he does. Who paid for that helicopter ride? Kris, I'm sure.

And who the fuck is Corey to tell Kourtney her kids need a father figure? They have a father. It looked like she was going to say something but changed her mind.

Edited by iwasish
  • Love 7

My heart sunk when Kim so blatantly sat there telling North only she has a star -- in front of the other little ones, their mother and grandmother -- and no one spoke up.  Unless she plans on naming baby #2 Polaris (irony) or something, those types of comments will be excluding her other child as well.

But then again she learned the very same behavior at Mama Kris' knee.  I'm amazed it hasn't torn that family apart by now.   

Whether it's Bruce or Caitlyn, the behavior has been the same, having her cake and eating it, too.

• Love 8

Hey guys, did you know that Khloe is in the BEST shape of her life?! The BEST shape! It's a good thing she has such a great, supportive sister in Kim to constantly remind her how amazing her body looks NOW, i.e, completely transformed from the total heifer unworthy of the "sexy baton" she was all her years on earth prior. Kim is such a seething troll. It's obviously killing her to see Khloe take even a small share of the "sexy limelight" while she's pregnant, hence her running commentary during Khloe's cover shoot. The rest of the family is no better in this regard. Here's to hoping that when Khloe decides to ease up and not spend every day obsessively working out she won't be among the 80 percent of people who regain all their lost weight within 5 years, since her family is damn determined to make sure her entire self-worth is based on the scale number. Is it any wonder Rob is so miserable?

• Love 13

I seem to be keeping up with the Kardashians against my will (they are everywhere, and I just can't stop reading about them!), but I read absolutely everything Al Lowe throws down! These recaps will have to keep me entertained until the Wheel of Mystery is back.

Caitlyn could have avoided the whole mess of choosing between parents by inviting Kris to the event.

I genuinely believe Kourtney loves Scott, and also does not have any interest in other men right now and just wants to raise her kids. Kris seemed baffled by the notion of not jumping right into a new relationship.

• Love 3

This episode opener was...a mess. No one seemed happy at all. It just.. I don't know. Left a feeling I can't describe, like the emptiness of what these people have become. Its strange.

The first couple of seasons, mostly the first and second season, these people kind of seemed normal. And the two younger girls were actually living a normal healthy life. When they lived in the little house, before they moved into that mansion that's decorated in only two colors, it just seemed somewhat normal. I don't know, maybe I'm not explaining it right. I just feel like when they realized how much money they had, everything became for show. They moved to the bigger house, and everything became for show.

A few days ago, an old episode played and Kylie was like, at the most 11? and she was so different. She was cute and funny and loud and normal. And now, she's just...not excited about things. It makes me sad.

• Love 6

Does Kim still live with Kris? Kris was telling Kourtney that she was turning Kendall's room into a closet, which is fine since Kendall does not live there anymore, but Kris will probably turn Kim's room into a shrine.

I am not wild about Caitlyn and her actions, but I am so sick of Kim mentioning the Vanity Fair article like it is the worst thing ever. I do not like Caitlyn or Kris. If there wasn't the marriage and all the history between them I would think Caitlyn, Kris, and Kim would be best friends. They are all so superficial and vapid.

• Love 2

Kim moved out of Kris's place last season, maybe even before. I remember when Kris went to Paris to see Kendall she had dinner with some friends and said, "Kylie is moving out. I used to have a full house with Kayne, Kim, and the baby and now everyone is gone.."

I totally forgot about Kim going, "And I said, 'no, there's ONLY a North star" giggle giggle. Kourtney did have a look on her face, like, "just stop talking" and also, How is Kimye baby # 2 going to feel when Mommy and sister look at stars and point to the NORTH star?

Edited by WhosThatGirl
  • Love 1

Kourtney should do that whole name a star thing for her kids just to spite Kim.

I saw this scene, what a bitchy thing to do. And the worst because it involved her little niece and nephews. Kourtney and Khloe fair game, but leave the little chicks out of it Kim.

I died laughing at how long the camera was on Kourtney's "I'll cut a bitch." face, LOL, good stuff. It was like bitch, don't mess with my babies. Like WTF are you saying exactly?

I mean I could give Kim the benefit of the doubt and chalk it up to her wanting to "correctly" teach North about the stars, but I know better. 

• Love 4

I read that they moved back with Kris because of construction issues. I can't imagine Kris's house is that small. I thought she did a whole remodel, there were pics on line somewhere.

How long before Corey moves in?

The original conversation with Kris was, Khloe suggesting that she, Kim and Kourtney meet Kris for dinner. Not sure when Kylie and Kendall were brought into the mix.

Regardless it was Caitlyns night, I would have suggested they meet at Kris's home for a bite to eat afterward. Being seen out with Kris the same night, I just seemed to me to try and steal the spotlight from Caitlyn. I'm no fan of Caits and less of Kris, but there's a huge rivalry going on there.

I wonder if they were merely a divorced couple without the gender issue, would things be so tense? For Cait to start cold shouldering her youngest children, I guess it's not surprising considering her treatment of her older bio kids. She's going to end up all alone in that mountain house. Maybe it's karma coming home to roost.

Kim moved out of Kris's place last season, maybe even before. I remember when Kris went to Paris to see Kendall she had dinner with some friends and said, "Kylie is moving out. I used to have a full house with Kayne, Kim, and the baby and now everyone is gone.."

I totally forgot about Kim going, "And I said, 'no, there's ONLY a North star" giggle giggle. Kourtney did have a look on her face, like, "just stop talking" and also, How is Kimye baby # 2 going to feel when Mommy and sister look at stars and point to the NORTH star?

Maybe they'll name him South and she can tell him only he has a Pole.

• Love 1

I saw this scene, what a bitchy thing to do. And the worst because it involved her little niece and nephews. Kourtney and Khloe fair game, but leave the little chicks out of it Kim.

I agree. It's one thing to be a passive-aggressive bitch to adults, but when you start doing it with kids that's just really low.

Kourtney looked like she was about to slap her during that scene.

Edited by BitterApple
  • Love 2

What I want to know is why does Kim always talk in that annoying tone to North? Does she ever speak to North in a normal tone or is she always trying to do a "Good Fairy" voice ? I so agree Kourtney should do the name a  star thing or say she did just to put an end to Kims trying to spout that out every chance she gets.

• Love 1

Also I could not believe all the "selfies" they were taking - that was beyond obnoxious and boring. And I think they all need to stop slicking their hair down practically sticking it to their heads. Does Corey have a job ? I think he is the guy that should claim his victory over Ben Flajnik from the bachelor as KJs well paid boytoy. 

• Love 1

This episode opener was...a mess. No one seemed happy at all. It just.. I don't know. Left a feeling I can't describe, like the emptiness of what these people have become. Its strange.

The first couple of seasons, mostly the first and second season, these people kind of seemed normal. And the two younger girls were actually living a normal healthy life. When they lived in the little house, before they moved into that mansion that's decorated in only two colors, it just seemed somewhat normal. I don't know, maybe I'm not explaining it right. I just feel like when they realized how much money they had, everything became for show. They moved to the bigger house, and everything became for show.

A few days ago, an old episode played and Kylie was like, at the most 11? and she was so different. She was cute and funny and loud and normal. And now, she's just...not excited about things. It makes me sad.

The show used to have the fakest sitcom storylines, but the family would usually make an effort in their performances to sell it. Since Bruce became Caitlyn, Kendall became a model, Kim married Kanye, Kim had a baby etc, the conflicts in their narrative are more authentic, but none of them really make much of an effort in their performances anymore.

Kim's hair and makeup has also become so immaculate and harsh that it's hard to pretend there isn't half a dozen hair and makeup people hiding behind the camera during her scenes.

Hey guys, did you know that Khloe is in the BEST shape of her life?! The BEST shape! It's a good thing she has such a great, supportive sister in Kim to constantly remind her how amazing her body looks NOW, i.e, completely transformed from the total heifer unworthy of the "sexy baton" she was all her years on earth prior. Kim is such a seething troll. It's obviously killing her to see Khloe take even a small share of the "sexy limelight" while she's pregnant, hence her running commentary during Khloe's cover shoot. The rest of the family is no better in this regard. Here's to hoping that when Khloe decides to ease up and not spend every day obsessively working out she won't be among the 80 percent of people who regain all their lost weight within 5 years, since her family is damn determined to make sure her entire self-worth is based on the scale number. Is it any wonder Rob is so miserable?

Khloe has clearly had cosmetic (not necessarily implants) work done over the past few years.  No one suddenly grows a shelf-butt and plumped lips out of nowhere in their late  20's.  So it is not likely she got in the "best shape of her life" by hitting the gym.  None of these women hit the treadmill (and I'm including Caitlyn in on this - what Olympic athlete takes up smoking?)  Kim has had significant weight gain during her pregancies because she can't do the liposuction/spanks regimen she typically does while not pregnant.  The sexy baton passing is a scripted scene.  Once Kim has birthed kid #2, had the lipo, and returns to the media spotlight after the holidays, Khloe will be relegated to the backburner.  Rinse repeat with kid #3.

• Love 2

Khloe's ass looks ridiculous. Are they still perpetuating the bullshit that they don't do anything? Or just continuing to claim no implants? Because that's ... well, ridiculous. Nobody loses weight everywhere but their ass. I've gained and lost more times than I care to count, and yes, each and every time I lost much ass. It's how you fit a smaller size jean. You don't go from size 14/16 with a shelf ass, to size 6 and retain that same shelf ass in the same configuration when it's real.

Also the skinnier her legs, the more she looks like she's carrying a huge dumpy diaper in her pants. I noticed there were a ton of quick cut shots every time they showed her ass through the whole episode.

Funny they're not even pretending anymore. "Take my picture here." "Now here."  "Selfie opportunity!" "Okay, now makeup" A show about nothing is now really a show to show the nothingness that makes up the show. Oy, my head.

• Love 3

Khloe's "oh, I'm far too shy to be on the cover of COMPLEX" was not at all believable considering that whenever she said that she was doing her stupid arched back "sexy" pose.

But she's SO insecure about her body! Ignore that she's only wearing a sports bra while filming the scene hemming and hawing over whether to do the shoot; she's REALLY, REALLY insecure! 

• Love 2

I agree. It's one thing to be a passive-aggressive bitch to adults, but when you start doing it with kids that's just really low.

Kourtney looked like she was about to slap her during that scene.

She's trying the create the same nasty/competitive dynamic that Kris Jenner has instilled in her and her siblings, into the next generation. So once again, North is better than ANY of the other children that Kourtney or any of her other siblings have or may have in the future, all based on the rankings of their parents.  And she's going to make sure that sentiment continues to run through the next generation. 

And what the hell ever happened to Kanye's stance on not allowing North on this shit show? He needs to get back to that, because things just got real ugly.

Edited by represent
  • Love 4

I have managed to never see an entire episode of KUWTK until this episode. They certainly have annoying characteristics and traits: Kourtney's vocal fry, Khloe's always stroking the ends of her hair extensions, Kris's haircut - it is time to try a new hairstyle, and Kim's narcissism. Kendall seems okay. I think Kylie is heading towards a Britney-Spears-Lindsey-Lohan-level breakdown. I do think these women do love each other and will help her when she needs it.

• Love 1

She's trying the create the same nasty/competitive dynamic that Kris Jenner has instilled in her and her siblings, into the next generation. So once again, North is better than ANY of the other children that Kourtney or any of her other siblings have or may have in the future, all based on the rankings of their parents.  And she's going to make sure that sentiment continues to run through the next generation. 

What’s really a shame about this is that North and Penelope are so sweet together.  They’re more like sisters than cousins and seem to love one another and enjoy being together.  The most normal thing about North’s life is her close relationship with her cousins and I’m sure it will be the same for her little brother, who will be close to Reign’s age.  I hope this relationship is not spoiled by competitiveness and comparisons introduced into their lives by Kim, the public, or anyone else. And furthermore, Kim is just confusing North about "her” star. She doesn’t have a star; she just has two goofy parents who decided it would be clever to name her after a directional point on a compass.

• Love 6

Not only that she's constantly eating, but her mouth is hideous. I can't keep from imagining that gross movie "The Human Centipede"

The mouth, the greasy,slicked back, unwashed hair and the vacant, unblinking unemotional stare that she has on her face in every conversation make her so unattractive.

• Love 10

She can name him Orion West. I mean, North can have a star. But this is Kanyes son....he'll get a constellation

That reminds me of a family story. We received a birth announcement from a distant cousin who had moved into the country for a new age, granola type life. The name of the new arrival was misread as Onion instead of Orion. The general consensus was that the parents had gone a bit too far into the new lifestyle.

• Love 2

Not only that she's constantly eating, but her mouth is hideous. I can't keep from imagining that gross movie "The Human Centipede"

The mouth, the greasy,slicked back, unwashed hair and the vacant, unblinking unemotional stare that she has on her face in every conversation make her so unattractive.

Well, Kim's prolapsed anus lips would have been perfect for that movie, right? ;)

She looks downright scary this season. Between the overly filled lips, orange tan, greasy hair, harsh contouring and frozen face, she barely resembles a human being. I wonder if she ever looks at her old pictures and thinks "what the hell did I do to myself?"

• Love 3

Well, Kim's prolapsed anus lips would have been perfect for that movie, right? ;)

She looks downright scary this season. Between the overly filled lips, orange tan, greasy hair, harsh contouring and frozen face, she barely resembles a human being. I wonder if she ever looks at her old pictures and thinks "what the hell did I do to myself?"

I think she looks at her old pictures and wonders "who in the hell is that?"

• Love 1

Watching Kylie strut thru her closet strewn with expensive designer clothes that most likely will be pissed and shit on by any one or another of her menagerie, while her "assistants" listened to her bitch and complain about loaning her "favorite" brown dress to her sister really made me despise that spoiled brat.

• Love 5

My heart sunk when Kim so blatantly sat there telling North only she has a star -- in front of the other little ones, their mother and grandmother -- and no one spoke up.  Unless she plans on naming baby #2 Polaris (irony) or something, those types of comments will be excluding her other child as well.

But then again she learned the very same behavior at Mama Kris' knee.  I'm amazed it hasn't torn that family apart by now.   

I think they truly hate each other, but they are under contract to work together, so they do.

I don't understand this Cory guy.  I'm sure Kris could get a real boyfriend if she wanted, but she seems happy pretending that Cory is her sex partner. I wonder why she doesn't want the real thing.

I think they truly hate each other, but they are under contract to work together, so they do.

Oh they absolutely loathe one another, it's so obvious. When Kourt was crying over Scott, Kris had tears in her eyes but Kim just sat there stone-faced. It was also a total dick move for Kim to say ONLY North had a star right in front of Mason and Nellie. Kourtney was staring daggers at her. I agree they'd have nothing to do with one another if it weren't for the show. Edited by BitterApple
  • Love 1

Khloe has clearly had cosmetic (not necessarily implants) work done over the past few years.  No one suddenly grows a shelf-butt and plumped lips out of nowhere in their late  20's.  So it is not likely she got in the "best shape of her life" by hitting the gym.  None of these women hit the treadmill (and I'm including Caitlyn in on this - what Olympic athlete takes up smoking?)  Kim has had significant weight gain during her pregancies because she can't do the liposuction/spanks regimen she typically does while not pregnant.  The sexy baton passing is a scripted scene.  Once Kim has birthed kid #2, had the lipo, and returns to the media spotlight after the holidays, Khloe will be relegated to the backburner.  Rinse repeat with kid #3.

http://www.smokingxpert.com/2014/02/four-time-olympic-volleyball-star.html

Designated smoking area at the Olympic village is mentioned here:

http://www.independent.co.uk/life-style/health-and-families/health-news/the-puff-of-legends-what-impact-does-smoking-have-on-an-athletes-performance-8050466.html

There is this mentioned in that above article:

Surprisingly, given the stigma around smoking, even the Athletes' Village at the London Olympics contained designated smoking areas. Mark Todd, the New Zealand eventing rider who took part in his seventh Games this month, won golds in 1984 and 1988. After his winning showjumping run in Los Angeles, he watched his closest competitor take to the ring while sucking anxiously on a smoke.

And here:

http://smokescreens.org/smokingathletes.htm

Does weed count? If so, there is Michael Phelps.

Khloe's behind gets the gold for biggest ass on this show.

Oh they absolutely loathe one another, it's so obvious. When Kourt was crying over Scott, Kris had tears in her eyes but Kim just sat there stone-faced. It was also a total dick move for Kim to say ONLY North had a star right in front of Mason and Nellie. Kourtney was staring daggers at her. I agree they'd have nothing to do with one another if it weren't for the show.

Kim looked like an animatronic laying on that bed, like a couple of guys picked up the Kimmy robot already configured in a reclining pose, put it on the bed, removed her dust cover, the face was touched up with some airbrushing and then filming began.
  • Love 3

Yeah, I'm pretty sure none of this family would have anything to do with each other, aside from this show. I think it's funny that when this show first started, they tried to act like they were all super close, when that wasn't the case at all. I remember reading things, perhaps here or back on TWOP forums that that Khloe and Kourtney were really close- because they lived together- and were the two who worked at the stores. Back when the stores were a real thing and not the faux thing for the show(s). Rob was at school at the time, and Kim was off...doing what she wanted. And Kylie and Kendall were kids, so yeah. I remember after reading that, that probably all the times in the earlier seasons when Kourt and Khloe were mad about Kim talking about the store, they would get mad. It made sense. They actually did work there at one point, she just said she did. 

If the show went away, I really don't think Kourtney would spend time with Kim. Khloe might, but I doubt Kourtney would. Maybe for the kids but even that might be limited, given with how Kim is talking to her kids. I can't really imagine how North is going to grow up when her Mom talks all about the greatest little thing she is- "Look, that's the North star!" type of crap going on already. 

• Love 2

Oh they absolutely loathe one another, it's so obvious. When Kourt was crying over Scott, Kris had tears in her eyes but Kim just sat there stone-faced. It was also a total dick move for Kim to say ONLY North had a star right in front of Mason and Nellie. Kourtney was staring daggers at her. I agree they'd have nothing to do with one another if it weren't for the show.

Didn't Khloe admit a while back that when they weren't filming they hardly see each other? Wouldn't surprise me one bit. 

Yeah, I'm pretty sure none of this family would have anything to do with each other, aside from this show. I think it's funny that when this show first started, they tried to act like they were all super close, when that wasn't the case at all. I remember reading things, perhaps here or back on TWOP forums that that Khloe and Kourtney were really close- because they lived together- and were the two who worked at the stores. Back when the stores were a real thing and not the faux thing for the show(s). Rob was at school at the time, and Kim was off...doing what she wanted. And Kylie and Kendall were kids, so yeah. I remember after reading that, that probably all the times in the earlier seasons when Kourt and Khloe were mad about Kim talking about the store, they would get mad. It made sense. They actually did work there at one point, she just said she did. 

If the show went away, I really don't think Kourtney would spend time with Kim. Khloe might, but I doubt Kourtney would. Maybe for the kids but even that might be limited, given with how Kim is talking to her kids. I can't really imagine how North is going to grow up when her Mom talks all about the greatest little thing she is- "Look, that's the North star!" type of crap going on already. 

Hard to believe Kim could even identify the North star.  She's seems like the type of person who thinks north is up and south is down.

Edited by iwasish
  • Love 1