Type keyword(s) to search

B&B: What's Up Today at Forrester Creations? - Daily Chat

• Start Topic

I don't have an issue with Brooke stopping by Eric's house to see Douglas. She is his grandmother after all, as much as she is the grandmother of Logan, Lizzie, and Beth. Also, it's Eric's house, not Thomas', and Eric has never had zero problem with his former wife and mother of two of his children stopping by. 

• Love 12

Just when I think Steffy cannot possibly surprise me with the bullshit that comes out of her mouth, she says this today: "We are his real family, his first family." So WTAF were Brooke, Ridge, Rick, and Bridget?

Or Brooke, Ridge, Hope, and blood-son RJ?

• Applause 3
  • Love 7

Brooke knew that Thomas was probably going to be there, and the last thing she should want to do is lock horns with him.  She could just see Douglas when he's at Hope's.  But no, she just wanted to get in Thomas' face and now she's accusing him of being a possible knife murderer.    

I'm tired of Brooke and Taylor getting all up in their childrens' business, and I'm tired of their children getting all up in their parents'.   

• Love 4
17 hours ago, KerleyQ said:

He's going for the Olympic gold in Waffling Asshole

For all that we've spent the last decade bashing on Liam, this past year has shown how no one can surpass Ridge as the king of fuckboys. Dude isn't a waffle, he's the entire Eggo factory.

14 hours ago, nilyank said:

Even though the Forrester have a cabin up in the mountains, they never looked like a family who went hunting and were comfortable using guns and knives.

I mean.... Stephanie was always quick to carry draw a piece and cap asses, though :p

For real, I don't get it either. They aren't outdoorsy, hunter-gatherer type of rich folks. They're the ones who go up to Big Bear for skiing and have hot cocoa in the cabin afterwards.

That said, while Thomas is not innocent I find Knifegate to be completely blown out of proportion. I don't blame Brooke too much for not trusting him with anything sharper than a Taco Bell spork but bruh. It's an apple.

3 hours ago, CountryGirl said:

I don't have an issue with Brooke stopping by Eric's house to see Douglas. She is his grandmother after all, as much as she is the grandmother of Logan, Lizzie, and Beth. Also, it's Eric's house, not Thomas', and Eric has never had zero problem with his former wife and mother of two of his children stopping by. 

I've seen a few people bash Brooke for not knocking, and I have to wonder what show they've been watching for the last 35 years where ANYONE knocks before barreling in.

• Applause 2
  • LOL 1
  • Love 8

Does the pseudo Foresters even think about how impressionable Douglas can be and he may decide to cut an apple with a pocket knife just like his father.  Has the fantastic father even warm Douglas that it could be dangerous even though he was doing it since he was a little kid?  I don’t think so. 

Ridge plays chess?  I’ve never seen him play chess before today. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 5

And Ridge is such a nasty mean spirited person.  When he made that crack about Donna probably not knowing how to play chess, I wanted to reach through the TV and smack him a good one.  He just thinks he is so superior.  

After that I found myself wishing Donna is a closet genius who is just humble and doesn't flaunt it.  I would love to have a woman look down her nose at him 

• Applause 10
  • Love 3
22 hours ago, lgprimes said:

I think Brooke has lost her damn mind about that knife! Thomas didn’t even know she was in the room when he first had it out AND he reassured her that he has been cutting apples that way all his life so don’t worry. Was she stabbed in some earlier storyline and has PTSD about knives? I live in a rural area where many men carry pocket knives so…

However, I did catch Thomas say to Taylor “you know how you always use a knife to cut your apple?” And she said yeah, so I do foresee Douglas (Brooke?) being injured and Thomas maybe wrongfully getting the blame…

Find me one woman who sits with her legs spread, leans over and peels an apple with a pocket knife?  

At a table with a cutting board or plate, a knife and holding it with both hands, sure

• Like 3
2 hours ago, Waldo13 said:

Ridge plays chess?  I’ve never seen him play chess before today. 

I'm sure this is a newly added trait, just like his love of poetry they gave for the few months he dated Katie that was never mentioned before or since.

I have trouble believing this guy could win at tic tac toe, much less chess.

32 minutes ago, Blondie said:

I would love to have a woman look down her nose at him 

I mean Li is right there and is not very enamored by the Forrester family as a whole, just saying :p

• Love 13

The more Taylor, Steffy and Ridge say how amazing Thomas is and changed the more it looks like he hasn't. 

Ridge never cared to spend time with Douglas when they lived on same property, but he now needs to care to go see him? 

• Love 10
1 hour ago, Anna Yolei said:

I'm sure this is a newly added trait, just like his love of poetry they gave for the few months he dated Katie that was never mentioned before or since.

I have trouble believing this guy could win at tic tac toe, much less chess.

I mean Li is right there and is not very enamored by the Forrester family as a whole, just saying :p

Li has a grudge against the entire family, not just Ridge.  But you are right.  

• Love 3
17 hours ago, RuntheTable said:

I was also disappointed that Brooke didn't tell Ridge about Steffy's antics. How is a coddling father ever expected to step up and slap his brats if he is never given the facts or the full story? 

So, what did Deacon give to Nikki? That whole scene was weird. 

I think Brooke did tell Ridge, we just didn't get to see it.  When he showed up at Steffy's yesterday, he mentioned it and asked Steffy where he was and what he was doing when Brooke called.  He, Steffy, and Taylor then had a good laugh.

On today's Y&R, Nikki texted her co-conspirator Phyllis a vague message, but didn't yet reveal what Deacon gave her.  Nikki was in LA to find out what Deacon knows about Diane Jenkin's life in LA, because it was revealed that Deacon helped Diane fake her death years ago.  (I think the crossover is a part of Y&R's 50th anniversary.)

As fot the knife, Thomas wasn't simply cutting the apple.  He was plunging the knife into the apple as if he was re-enacting the shower scene from Psycho.  It was bizarre. 

5 hours ago, Blondie said:

I have a wild idea.  Just bear with me a moment.  Thomas could have recorded Brook's voice, used that app to mimic her and called CPS on himself to convince Ridge that she did it!

Thoughts?

Ooooo, good call!  Thomas did look kind of fake-shocked when he got home and found the CPS agents.

Edited by Snaporaz
  • Love 8
5 hours ago, Anna Yolei said:

That said, while Thomas is not innocent I find Knifegate to be completely blown out of proportion. I don't blame Brooke too much for not trusting him with anything sharper than a Taco Bell spork but bruh. It's an apple.

Yeah exactly, As dumb as it is to use a knife for peeling in 2022 it's Thomas' weird decision to make as long as he's using it safely around Douglas, then fine. (although who's this "everyone" that Thomas/Taylor claim to use for knives for peeling stuff? Slicing yes, but peeling? No, speak for yourselves please). What happened after Douglas left the room, is the main thing that taints him now. But coming at it the way Brooke did at first, just made it all a bigger deal than it was before he started pointing it at her & going off on her. 

5 hours ago, Crashcourse said:

She could just see Douglas when he's at Hope's. 

I thought the point of Brooke's visit was that Douglas is never at Hope's anymore, since she Thomas share custody & Hope's been hoarding time with Douglas and all. So in order to see him, Brooke would have to suffer Thomas' prolonged presence eventually. He's the one that hurried Douglas off away from Brooke as soon as she got there anyways. Holding the knife out at her whilst lambasting her, just made things unnecessarily worse for himself. He didn't have to do that, even if she did go there to provoke him, (she didn't, but that's just my opinion) Thomas could've avoided a confrontation with Brooke if he really wanted to all the same. If Thomas was offended by Brooke's overreaction and if the real goal was to scare her off his grandfather's property then he can't really claim the innocence of just minding his business. Because trying to scare someone off with a knife can fairly be interpreted as intent to harm. He should've put the knife away kept his cool and made her look like the lunatic one for once. That's a plan that could've gone the distance. 

• Love 6
8 hours ago, Snaporaz said:

I think Brooke did tell Ridge, we just didn't get to see it.  When he showed up at Steffy's yesterday, he mentioned it and asked Steffy where he was and what he was doing when Brooke called.  He, Steffy, and Taylor then had a good laugh.

Thank you, I must have missed that because I have pretty much stopped watching any scenes with Steffy, Taylor and Thomas, or any combination of the three. The fact that Ridge laughed about it really burns my ass; just gives Steffy more fuel to keep doing inappropriate things. 

8 hours ago, Snaporaz said:

On today's Y&R, Nikki texted her co-conspirator Phyllis a vague message, but didn't yet reveal what Deacon gave her.  Nikki was in LA to find out what Deacon knows about Diane Jenkin's life in LA, because it was revealed that Deacon helped Diane fake her death years ago.  (I think the crossover is a part of Y&R's 50th anniversary.)

I haven't watched Y&R in many years and didn't even know Deacon had been on it! And he helped Diane fake her death? That kind of explains how he has been ok with Sheila faking hers. 

6 hours ago, Skarzero said:

I thought the point of Brooke's visit was that Douglas is never at Hope's anymore,

Me too. If Thomas wants to play it like this, then he is going to have to except that people will be coming to see Douglas. You know, those people that he has lived with for the last 3 years. 

12 hours ago, Blondie said:

I have a wild idea.  Just bear with me a moment.  Thomas could have recorded Brook's voice, used that app to mimic her and called CPS on himself to convince Ridge that she did it!

Thoughts?

Well, given it is Thomas we are talking about, it really isn't so wild, but it would be all kinds of awesome. They made it look like Brooke had called, having her walk back into the office with phone in hand, with the ominous words that "she will do anything" to get Douglas back home. I'm sure if he did do it, when the truth comes out that Ridge and family will have another hardy laugh about it. But of course, until that time he will be dragging Brooke and will no doubt take off to Aspen with his haloed ex-wife. 

• Love 8
16 hours ago, Anna Yolei said:

this past year has shown how no one can surpass Ridge as the king of fuckboys. Dude isn't a waffle, he's the entire Eggo factory.

This made me LOL. Taking a break from the show for a bit (it's so zzzzzzz lately), but I do enjoy reading everyone's snark here. Thanks!

• LOL 3
  • Love 4
6 hours ago, RuntheTable said:

I haven't watched Y&R in many years and didn't even know Deacon had been on it! And he helped Diane fake her death? That kind of explains how he has been ok with Sheila faking hers. 

Deacon and Amber were both on Y&R for a while about 10+ years ago.  Deacon and Nikki were drinking buddies, and were even married for a bit (although he blackmailed her into the marriage).  Sally is on Y&R now, making some very bad choices...

Last week, whIle Deacon and Sheila were arguing, he received a text from an unknown number telling him to meet someone at a hotel.  The text was from Nikki, and the meeting all took place on Y&R.  She confronted him and asked what he knew about Diane.  He told her to come to Il Giardino because he had something she might find helpful.  That was the package he gave her.  That scene must have made no sense to people who don't watch both shows, one of the pitfalls of these crossover episodes.

Edited by Snaporaz
  • Like 2
  • Useful 2
  • Love 4
20 hours ago, Anna Yolei said:

I've seen a few people bash Brooke for not knocking, and I have to wonder what show they've been watching for the last 35 years where ANYONE knocks before barreling in.

Exactly. How many times have we seen Thomas just walk into Hope's house recently? 

If Thomas wants to push some idea that Brooke isn't welcome there, then he can go talk to the man who owns that house. It won't go well for him, though. Bonus points if Eric points out to him "you practically handpicked Brooke as your child's grandmother when you decided to go after making Hope his mother." 

19 hours ago, Blondie said:

Thoughts?

I will be stunned if that isn't exactly what happened. Brooke told Ridge that it's something she might do in the future if she has reason to. She didn't say it's something she's going to do imminently, but look how fast it happened after Thomas heard she'd mentioned it. And look at that timing of him coming home right when they got there. And we all knew that app was going to come into play at some point for some scheme of Thomas's. I'm just surprised that this is how it seems it's being used instead of him using it to make one of Hope/Liam think the other is cheating.  

My guess is he thinks he can get a two-fer on this one. First, he'll turn Ridge completely against Brooke. Second, he'll get Hope defending him and upset with her mother because "Douglas is traumatized by those agents showing up." 

17 hours ago, Artsda said:

The more Taylor, Steffy and Ridge say how amazing Thomas is and changed the more it looks like he hasn't. 

Ridge never cared to spend time with Douglas when they lived on same property, but he now needs to care to go see him? 

I like to tell myself that it's because Ridge, deep down, knows Thomas is a shitty father, so he feels like he needs to go over there and check on things. That's probably not it, but it would be a nice twist. 

• Love 11

Why is Paris in the office and why is she allowed to speak?  Has Paris become another pseudo Forester. 

That’s a new development. Douglas is now going to school by Eric’s house?  The CPS didn’t even ask Douglas about missing his mother and Beth. 

Hope Hope Hope, because you don’t want any conflicts with Lurch, your letting him walk all over you. The psudo Foresters say jump and the Logans say how high.  Hope is now making excuses for Lurch?  A few years ago, old Hope would never go along with this 🐂💩

So they take the knife. BFD!  There are a lot more where that knife came from.  In addition, did CPS note the temper outburst by Lurch and Ridge and then being confrontational.  It looks like they just blew it off as a stressful situation.  I had more questions asked of me when I rescued my puppy than CPS asked Douglas. 

• Like 1
  • Applause 2
  • Love 6

I think Steffy called CPS.  They really make her into a see you next Tuesday character. Adding to it is her flat, overly monotone line reading style of acting.  Yesterday's show made me laugh. They're all sitting around the office reading one line at time, especially the scraggly wig lady grandma in the halter top with her hands in her pockets. 😝

• Love 8

Hope needs to go get the kid back. He's acting like it's summer vacation. Ooh there's a pool, a movie room etc etc.. CPS should be asking why he's not at his primary residence. 

Ridge is an idiot. Brooke seemed surprised . He didn't see how angry Thomas wasn't. Thomas was too calm and had it all played out. 

Edited by Artsda
  • Love 9

Thomas was smirking both when the agents first left and when Ridge angrily called Brooke. He clearly was behind this.

You know, I was rooting for Finn when he was stuck with Sheila, but now he's dead to me. He's really just indulging all of Steffy's bullshit. Has he just figured out that he won't keep getting laid if he doesn't indulge his crazy wife's Parent Trap fantasies? 

Speaking of which, when Steffy bitched about how Brooke is "interfering in my parents' relationship," I was waiting for a bolt of lightning to strike her. Bitch, you've been interfering in Brooke's marriage all this time. A wife isn't "interfering" in her husband's relationship with his ex-wife. 

I would say this doesn't really matter as much, because the kids in question are adults, but, since they act like they're 10, it still matters. Taylor is the worst kind of co-parent with an ex. Telling her kids that Brooke hates them because they're part of her is the kind of bullshit that really messes kids up when their parents are divorced and remarried. And might I remind Taylor, while she's sitting there talking about how Brooke will just manipulate anyone to get what she wants, that it was just months ago that she was basically telling Hope "yeah, sure, Liam is your husband, and you're raising children together, but you're just going to have to step the fuck off of him because my widdle pwincess needs him to play placeholder for her dead husband. You don't want to be a selfish bitch about this, do you?" 

I can't wait to see how Taylor and Steffy justify Thomas putting his son through a CPS report just to score points on Brooke. 

• Love 12

Another marker of how stupid the custody arrangements are on this show is that Douglas’s pseudo-dad Liam talks about his “home” and his “family” and that never ever includes his first-born child Kelly.  And if Liam is supposed to be some kind of father figure to Douglas, shouldn’t Kelly also be considered the kid’s “sister”?  

And, adoption and other contrived family situations aside, Beth and Kelly are blood sisters with the same father and those girls are never ever together.  

Not quite sure what Liam means when he says the word “family”.  

• Like 1
  • Applause 2
  • Love 4

At this point I am barely watching, only pausing my FF'd for certain people. But I did watch the CPS stuff. That was painful, and so badly put together. One of my cousins had CPS called on her by her ex, typical situation of him being angry that his wife was done with his bullshit and had removed herself from his company. Sorta like what Brooke should be doing with Ridge, but I digress. So, my cousin and her husband were separated, and he was stalking her at work, at home, at the grocery store, pretty much everywhere. Then, she started dating a guy she knew from the gym she went to, and her husband's egocentric world exploded. As revenge, he called CPS on her, saying her new boyfriend was a thug and a drug dealer. That was one of her most harrowing nights, as they questioned every avenue of her, and her boyfriend's lives. They also sequestered the three children and questioned each separately. It was horribly traumatizing for all. And they kept coming back too; never fully satisfied that everything was on the up and up. Oh yeah, and they also contacted both my cousin and her boyfriend's employers. It was mad crazy stuff that went on for months. 

I also stopped FF's when I saw Steffy, not because I want to hear her flap her lips, but because I was trying to figure out what she was wearing. I kept seeing this movie I watched about angry vines that attack you by attaching to you; completely covering your whole body. Her.........um........attire.......looked like some kind of linen sheeting that was growing into her hair. In any event, it was ugly. And Steffy is like the High Priestess now, drawing everyone into the fray. Seriously, what business is Ridge and Brooke's marriage to Paris? I would even include Zende in that. 

• Love 11

I was questioning Steffy's attire, too. But, I think it was satin, the most universally unflattering fabric known to women (and men) everywhere! On top of that, it didn't fit her well at all. 

I also noticed Thomas' smirk, too. I believe he and Steffy were behind the CPS visit. Thomas was just too nonchalant. 

I agree. Finn is a wimp.

• Love 10
14 hours ago, Artsda said:

Hope needs to go get the kid back. He's acting like it's summer vacation. Ooh there's a pool, a movie room etc etc.. CPS should be asking why he's not at his primary residence. 

Ridge is an idiot. Brooke seemed surprised . He didn't see how angry Thomas wasn't. Thomas was too calm and had it all played out. 

Notice Douglas didn't say a thing about actual time spent with Thomas, just all the cool things at G-Grandpa Eric's house. That was very telling. 

As was Thomas feigning outrage but not being very convincing. He called CPS or his twisted sister did. 

• Love 9
1 hour ago, CountryGirl said:

Notice Douglas didn't say a thing about actual time spent with Thomas, just all the cool things at G-Grandpa Eric's house. That was very telling. 

Agreed.

When I was young the highlight of my summer was our trip to see my dad's parents. It was a long drive which I loved, but outside of that, was the excitement of spending time at their house. It wasn't so much about the people, as it was about their farm and the animals, and yes, they had a pool. At the same time, I knew this was a vacation, and I knew I would be going home, which I also looked forward to. 

The way everyone is acting, and making statements about how happy Douglas is, one would think he has been absolutely miserable the last 3 years. Kept as a prisoner by Hope and Liam and living a life of forced solitude.  Of course, nothing could be further from the truth; the boy was always going and doing, although that was with everyone except for his father. But alas, Thomas's choice to deprioritize his son is apparently Hope's fault too. He seemed like a healthy, happy, well-adjusted kid to me, whose only complaint was not seeing his dad enough. To me, the very fact that Douglas had to lay voice to it says everything. He wasn't unhappy with his life; he was unhappy with not seeing his father. And sadly, even though they are living in the same house, they don't spend a lot of quality time together. Whenever someone asks Thomas where Douglas is, he has always been shunted off into someone's care, Donna, Amelia, Steffy, the neighbors. But no one is recognizing this; to them, as long as Douglas is living in the same house as Thomas, then they are together. 

And what about structure? Douglas never comments on anything except the pool and the good times he is having. As if he didn't have a pool on Brooke's million-dollar estate. But what about the meaningful stuff? Spending time doing things, going places, learning together, hell, any kid would be over the moon with this arraignment. No parental supervision at all, just get up and run around your great grandfather's house. 

I don't know, I would buy all this sudden concern for Douglas's happiness if these people who claim to only have his best interests at heart had been on board when the boy really needed them. Like after his mom died, or maybe when Thomas was abusing and terrorizing him. But they were all too busy with their own lives to pay much attention to this small child's needs. And now, because they want to break up a marriage, they are all suddenly dreadfully concerned about Douglas's welfare. Hmmmm.......then why is this all about him knowing his "real family"? Because there is nothing remotely healthy about class wars and being an elitist snob. 

• Like 1
  • Fire 1
  • Applause 6
  • Love 4

This is such contrived 🐂💩 it makes me 🤢🤮. The pseudo Foresters just happen to know somebody that can forgo all ethics on confidential information to let Lurch and Ridge know who made the call to CPS.  Didn’t Ridge know a family court judge to coerce taking Will away from Bill. So it’s ok for Ridge but not for Brooke. I hope Ridge’s dick grows a few inches so he can stick it up his own ass. I’m sure that will be his most enjoyable sex act. 

• Applause 2
  • LOL 6
  • Love 4

Thomas totally did that call. 

I actually hope to see Brooke not take Ridge back. He wants Taylor and his crazy adult kids. Go for it, Brooke should be tried with Deacon or even Bill. And Hope get that kid away from him..

• Love 8

Are the writers *trying* to get this show axed? It's pretty much unwatchable now. Same shit, different day. I maybe watch 5 minutes of each show and FF the rest. Especially this tedious arse kids vs Brooke storyline. I'm so bored with it, I could vomit. I'm *this close* to deleting it from my PVR tbh.

• Applause 5
  • Love 4
18 hours ago, Cool Breeze said:

Another marker of how stupid the custody arrangements are on this show is that Douglas’s pseudo-dad Liam talks about his “home” and his “family” and that never ever includes his first-born child Kelly.  And if Liam is supposed to be some kind of father figure to Douglas, shouldn’t Kelly also be considered the kid’s “sister”?  

And, adoption and other contrived family situations aside, Beth and Kelly are blood sisters with the same father and those girls are never ever together.  

Not quite sure what Liam means when he says the word “family”.  

The writers seem to have just decided that Kelly is Finn's kid. It's ridiculous that Liam isn't bringing up to Steffy her hypocrisy here, and demanding that Kelly start living with him for a while. 

14 hours ago, RuntheTable said:

They also sequestered the three children and questioned each separately. It was horribly traumatizing for all. And they kept coming back too; never fully satisfied that everything was on the up and up. Oh yeah, and they also contacted both my cousin and her boyfriend's employers. It was mad crazy stuff that went on for months. 

Yeah, the CPS workers just asking Douglas like three questions while his father stood right behind them where he could potentially intimidate Douglas was freaking ridiculous. 

I want to see the caseworkers question Douglas alone and ask him "do you ever feel afraid of your father?" And Douglas can respond something like "not anymore," leading to him telling them all about what an asshole he was when he was using Douglas to get Hope to marry him.  Let's see Thomas ending up with only supervised visitation for a while as a result of him calling CPS on himself to set up Brooke. I would laugh so damn hard. 

• Applause 5
  • Love 5

How about caller ID?  If Thomas were setting up Brooke, he would have had to sneak into her house and use her phone, or get hold of her cell phone.  Not saying he didn't do that, but why did they just listen to the call and not ask what phone number it came from?

• Love 4

Thomas certainly acts fast. Stephanie always took her time planning her schemes and plots against Brooke, but Thomas got his done in about an hour. Let's see; rushed home in order to get the voice app thingy, make the call, then figure out how to get the follow through. Thomas knew Brooke would deny making the call, because of course she didn't, so he had to have an ace in the hole. By flat out telling Ridge she was lying, and then sorta challenging Ridge to prove his wife was telling the truth, he got exactly that. And wouldn't you know it, there was an ex-Forrester employee working right where Thomas needed, who was willing to violate all the rules and confidentiality laws. I have no doubt when the truth comes out, that the ex-employee will suffer no consequences, nor will Thomas. Just the status quo. 

But if you really listened you could tell it wasn't Brooke's voice. Sure, it sounded like it, but it was very slow, and monotone, and a little muffled sounding. 

I really need Ridge to remember when Stephanie pulled this on Brooke for absolutely no reason other than to be horrid. And instead of supporting Brooke; he went along with it. 

• Love 9

I think the difference between Douglas and Kelly is that Douglas did live with his dad the first couple of years. Whereas Kelly always lived with Steffy. Liam moved on with Hope pretty soon after her birth. 

I just remember that stupid jail story for Liam and him not having a single pic of his first born. And asking Thomas of all people to look out for Douglas/Beth. 

• Love 2

Ok, show, I see what you did there. Dangling :30 seconds of $Bill, to remind us that there are still good characters on the show, then filling the other 21:30 with drivel that’s not $Bill. Sneaky of you. 

I think Thomas went further than the voice-altering. I wouldn’t put it past him to also get 2 randoms, to impersonate CPS officers, & then get his buddy/former employee, to help set Brooke up, too. 

• Useful 2
  • LOL 1
  • Love 13

SOS in in ♠️♠️♠️♠️

🥱🥱🥱🥱🥱🥱🥱🥱🥱🥱🥱🥱🥱🥱😴😴😴😴😴😴😴😴😴😴😴😴😴

I agree with Lurch probably setting up Brooke. If they had the voice recording of the call, they would also have the phone number of the phone that made the call but that wasn’t checked. Beside, the report would have the name and phone number of the person making that call.  The recording actually is not needed. 

Edited by Waldo13
  • Love 6

I truly don’t understand how these writers who continue to repeat, repeat, repeat the same lines over and over and over haven’t figured out this is not writing or interesting or fascinating or captivating to viewers. After losing viewers over the years and watching other soaps be cancelled, how could they NOT know that we don’t like this crap? And please, do something, anything with NuTay’s hair!!!!

• Like 2
  • Applause 6
  • Love 3
44 minutes ago, Gam2 said:

I truly don’t understand how these writers who continue to repeat, repeat, repeat the same lines over and over and over haven’t figured out this is not writing or interesting or fascinating or captivating to viewers. After losing viewers over the years and watching other soaps be cancelled, how could they NOT know that we don’t like this crap? And please, do something, anything with NuTay’s hair!!!!

With only four soaps left from the heyday, maybe they feel they can get away with putting out crap because there aren’t a lot of other choices for someone who really really really wants to watch soaps.  🤷‍♀️

• Like 3
  • Useful 4

So does Karma do anything about someone who shot a man in the back in his own house?  Asking for a fiend.

Is the voice altering app a real thing?  Is that how they make "deep fakes"?  If it is real, that's really freaking dangerous.  In any case, is it a good idea for a child to have it?  Douglas could be calling his school every day as either Thomas or Hope saying he can't come in for whatever reason.   

• Love 12
On 9/28/2022 at 4:17 PM, Waldo13 said:

I had more questions asked of me when I rescued my puppy than CPS asked Douglas. 

Without getting too off track, this is probably the closest to realism in the court system as B&B has ever gotten. There's too many cases I can think of where CPS ignored the ten foot red flags or the fact that a house was called on over and over again while two parents get arrested for letting their 9 year old walk home two blocks from school. 🙄 Or clearly spiteful situations like the one another posted described earlier. My favorite is the one who got a CPS visit because the kids were being noisy in their OWN BACKYARD. 😐

Seeing that wealthy people have gotten off for far worse, I'm not surprised they didn't investigate too much here.

On 9/29/2022 at 9:22 AM, RuntheTable said:

I don't know, I would buy all this sudden concern for Douglas's happiness if these people who claim to only have his best interests at heart had been on board when the boy really needed them

This is forever what will stick with me. Especially Ridge, who I *think* was at least partially aware of how Douglas was conceived and his his paternity because of it. He knows what kind of person his son is, but then the apple didn't fall far from  that tree, did it?

On 9/30/2022 at 5:39 AM, backhometome said:

I just remember that stupid jail story for Liam and him not having a single pic of his first born. And asking Thomas of all people to look out for Douglas/Beth. 

I hate that bit too, mostly because the stans now use his words against him as "proof" that Liam is okay with Thomas and the hatchet was buried. It really should've been something he said to Wyatt, but ever since TPTB stopped their rivalry over women, Wyatt's just been left in limbo.

Like, how long ago was it that Adam switched Faith now? And Nick has never forgiven or forgotten that (and probably played a part in him boning Sally, in case anyone wanted to know what B&B's Best Girl is up to in Genoa City 🤮), nor does anyone in the Newman family trust him...and he's made more sincere efforts to pull himself from the ledge than Thomas ever has.

On 9/30/2022 at 4:03 PM, Gam2 said:

I don't get it, either. I'm sure all the others have fallen off from their heydays but at a minimum they get new, fresh ways of saying the same thing every few days.

Even in the 80s and 90, when soaps were written to assume one had a new viewer or someone catching up each day, the lines weren't nearly this repetitive. The verbiage changed slightly or the quickly summarized an event from the previous episode. Flashbacks would be reserved for events that happened weeks or months ago, not something that happened last week that anyone with YouTube and/or Paramount+ could look up for themselves.

• Applause 2
  • Love 7

It's been a couple of weeks since I watched the show. About 3 months ago, I stopped watching y&r because of the story lines, and I've not been tempted to go back. Looks like the same thing is happening with this show. It's the repetition and tired story lines, which are turning me off. 

• Like 2
  • Applause 1
  • Love 6