Type keyword(s) to search

B&B: What's Up Today at Forrester Creations? - Daily Chat

• Start Topic

In Quinn’s warped mind, she sees the baby as the obstacle, because that is Hope’s basis for telling her to stay away.

And at the same time, the baby is what is tying Hope to Wyatt.  It could be an interesting story if the writers handle this competently.

Edited by ByTor

I just can't with those sword necklaces. How have Bill, Liam, and Wyatt not been laughed out of LA with those things? And now Ivy's talking about giving one to a baby! Oh yeah, that's just what every baby needs, something small and pointy hanging around their neck. And speaking of the baby, is it possible to get a restraining order on behalf of a fetus?

Didn't Bill gift RJ with one of those gosh awful sword necklaces and Ridgepen objected?  Or, did I just imagine that?

Why not just have a Spencer family crest and be done with it.  I love the necklace on Bill which was supposedly a one-of-a-kind piece.  That's how he got his ho card pulled after being at the Big Bear cabin with Stuffy.  On Lame and Foghorn, the necklaces look ridiculous because I see nothing bold or kick-ass about either of them.

But, I guess if Massimo can have Marone family signet rings to be given to his sons, I can't squawk too much about those Spencer letter openers.

Edited by MulletorHater
  • Love 4

I had to laugh at Deacon thinking that he had any influence over his grown daughter (whom he barely knows, let alone has a relationship with) and getting his own "Bye, Felicia" when he tried to Trojan Horse Quinn in.

• Love 4

It's funny to me how much I like Liam and Hope when they are not together. Hope has been awesome in sticking to her "No Quinn" guns and Liam has been smiley and happy and cute with Ivy. I like them so much I want them to have what they want, unfortunately that seems to be each other and when they are together, I hate them both.

Ugh, Quinn is like a spoiled bratty child who is told "No" for the very first time.  It's getting repetitive and tiresome.

There's not enough squick in squicky to describe my feelings about the Ridge/Caroline thing.

• Love 3

I'm coming up on a blank as to how long they've ever been happy together onscreen. I guess the time where Hope pushed Liam and Bill to talk to each other? Then maybe a week after that before Amber's lies about her babydaddy split them up for a few months...then a short reprieve before Steffy bonked her head on the tub and suddenly "fell" for Liam (*insert corny rimshot here*) then....a blank. These two are like the Olivia Pope and Fitz Grant of soapdom, minus the chemistry and compelling writing.

• Love 2

I think Deacon's playing his own game. Brooke was plan A, Quinnsane is plan B. I still think he may be up to more, but for the time being he's just rolling with it. Loved his little growl at Quinnsane.

Well, a con will always have a back-up plan!  It's too bad Deascum doesn't have a Plan E--as in employment.  I vaguely remember him owning a nightclub or bar called The Lair, which is where Bridget used to sneak off to meet him.  Evidently, he's content to live off of well-off women with the promise of a "little sample" to keep them in line.  Too bad a persistent Bill thwarted his Plan A.

I have to love though Katie trying to convince herself that Ridge wouldn't be able to live with himself if he messed over Caroline (and Rick) to become CEO.  I wish I could say, "poor thing!" but all I can say is Katie needs to quit playing.  Let's talk about the things that Ridge has been able to live with:  (1) using Brooke's feelings for him in an attempt to trick her out of her rights to the BeLieF formula while he was still happily married to Taylor; (2) using Brooke's feelings for him in Venice to break up her and Thorne--while he still was married to Taylor, who just had their preemie twins; (3) and leading Brooke to believe that he wanted to remarry her although he was reading "pomes" in the park with Katie, whom he unceremoniously dumped her for.  As an added bonus, Ridge had no problem getting a good night's sleep the very night he and Katie lowered the boom on Brooke.  He probably didn't even change his skid-marked drawers before going home with Katie.  And, all this occurred after he repeatedly conveyed to Brooke by thought, word and deed that he was disappointed in her because of Bill!  Old boy didn't even have the decency to have "the talk" with RJ.  "Son, I have some good news and some bad news.  Remember how you told me years ago that Lemonheads were your favorite candy?  Well, guess what..."

I wonder how Katie will feel knowing that it was Caroline's face her stringy Lothario saw when he was kissing Katie?

• Love 5
Also, the little Dope isn't even showing yet. They seriously need to lay off of her.

That's one reason why I was surprised she told Aly (and had that "how to be pregnant" book laying around her office). You'd think she'd be keeping it quiet at least until she's through her first trimester but half the town knows already and she hasn't even been to an OB/GYN yet. It's really odd that Brooke would take off while Hope is going through her first pregnancy. I think KKL having the kind of leeway she apparently has sort of hurts at least a couple of frontburner storylines Brooke should be involved in.

I wish I could say, "poor thing!" but all I can say is Katie needs to quit playing.

Or as some Southerners would say, "Bless her heart."

• Love 4

While I agree that Brooke would want to be there, I'm honestly not that upset about it. Brooke has been so overly involved in Hope's life since her SORASing, I'm surprised Hope is even able to wipe her own ass. Remember her sitting in on the post-coitus therapy sessions she had after having sex with Liam to keep his attention from Steffy for three seconds? Planning a spontaneous wedding without letting the bride or groom know? Who does this in RL?

Nope, I'm enjoying Hope actually doing shit without a peanut gallery and being an actual adult. She's well over her head with Quinnsane, but how can one reach their maximum potential if they don't reach out? ;) Quinn is a far better foil than equally spoiled self-centered twit Steffy could ever hoped to be.

• Love 5

While I agree that Brooke would want to be there, I'm honestly not that upset about it. Brooke has been so overly involved in Hope's life since her SORASing, I'm surprised Hope is even able to wipe her own ass. Remember her sitting in on the post-coitus therapy sessions she had after having sex with Liam to keep his attention from Steffy for three seconds? Planning a spontaneous wedding without letting the bride or groom know? Who does this in RL?

Nope, I'm enjoying Hope actually doing shit without a peanut gallery and being an actual adult. She's well over her head with Quinnsane, but how can one reach their maximum potential if they don't reach out? ;) Quinn is a far better foil than equally spoiled self-centered twit Steffy could ever hoped to be.

I wholeheartedly agree with this.  Let Hope act like an adult--just once--and figure out solutions to her own problems without her usual crowd of cheerleaders on hand to wipe up her spills and bandage her little boo-boos.  One would think that Brooke would find that kind of over-involvement in am adult child's life would leave a rather nasty taste in her mouth.  Or, at the very least, it should give her a case of deja vu, and vow not to go there!

Now, I know why Hope hasn't graced USC, UCLA or any other university with her presence.  Brooke would have completed the applications for her, procured copies of her own transcripts (and Storm's) to ensure that the selection committee understood that book smarts are inherited, and fretted while waiting to see if her little angel got in.  And, if Hope had to actually go on an interview to explain why the school would be lucky to have her, Brooke would be on hand to fill in the blanks.  Of course, Deascum would swoop in with his usual B.S. pep talk about how he "knows" how smart his baby is despite not having attended nary a graduation, school play, or anything else involving the little chit's education.

• Love 1

To be fair, the overbearing mom shit didn't begin with Hope. That scene of Brooke, Eric and Rick teeth gnashing as Deacon plucks Bridget's cherry was one of the most melodramatic scenes in the show's history. And frigging HILARIOUS.

• Love 6

Seriously? Caroline, let's meet in this deserted and isolated cabin to "work"? This show is way too much. There's been plenty of history of incest or quasi-incest on this show, but I find this one more disturbing than the past ones. Probably because I think Thorsten Kaye is disgusting, he oozes this creepy old sexual predator vibe.

• Love 2

There's been plenty of history of incest or quasi-incest on this show, but I find this one more disturbing than the past ones. Probably because I think Thorsten Kaye is disgusting, he oozes this creepy old sexual predator vibe.

I agree, blackwing. To me, it's not so much that TK is disgusting (I'm okay with the actor) but this story line does ooze creepy old sexual predator. Ridge is intentionally seducing Caroline with his motive nothing more than ego to be named CEO, not any real feelings for her. It's sickening, and this on a show that has crossed the line many, many times (Ridge/Bridget; Rick/Phoebe; Rick/Steffy; Rick/Taylor...)

• Love 1

To me, it's not so much that TK is disgusting (I'm okay with the actor) but this story line does ooze creepy old sexual predator. Ridge is intentionally seducing Caroline with his motive nothing more than ego to be named CEO, not any real feelings for her.

I don't have the history so to me it's isn't as gross but I'm confused.  Originally I thought he was playing her but today it made it seem like he was maybe feeling something real for her.  

I did like that Caroline made it clear that she - what did she say - was also in the room?  Not that it makes cheating any better but it matches up with what I saw on my screen.  

ETA:  Is it just me or does the actress who plays Hope have the weirdest way of enunciating words? I'm kind of impressed that she can do those long rants because the rhythm seems very off kilter. 

Edited by tessaray
  • Love 1

Well, I'm still hooked on the CaRidge story - TK & LG are hitting all the right notes for mine, the latter in particular. The awkwardness of them wanting to be in the same room together but also not wanting to be in the same room together is palpable. I like that Caroline is still questioning not only her motives and feelings but now Ridge's, and that every time she decides that she can't face Ridge her attraction to him grows.

I don't know if I like Ridge falling for Caroline, though. I can understand Caroline being attracted to Ridge because he's, well, Ridge, and I can understand Ridge being sexually attracted to Caroline because he's, well, Ridge, but if it becomes a proper emotional affair like many people fear it may be (i.e. Kridge fans) then that's the end of that. I preferred it when Ridge was simply manipulating Caroline for personal gain. And Heaven help me if they sleep together in this cabin scene and Caroline ends up... I don't even want to type it out in fear of jinxing the whole thing. Just don't fuck it up, Brad Bell, for God's sake.

But I am enjoying both characters dance around the problem of "them" - first Caroline faking to Rick last week with the selfie thing and now Ridge pretending to recall Katie's words about him acting like Bill, that was cool. And Ridge thinking of Caroline as he was kissing Katie was good editing - I appreciate good cinematic trickery and I'm sad that soap operas don't seem to want to explore the possibilities of that more often.

Still not interested in Hope et. al. but I did get a chuckle out of KM & RS being sassy at each other.

What was with Katie today? She took one look at Ivy's jewellery and decided to play dress-up without asking if she could handle them; I guess she must be desperate for some bling given her fiance is still holding out on supplying The Big One. And the attitude, like, what brought that on? I mean, yes she likes to stomp around and remind everyone that She Is With Ridge Now, but even this exchange with Ivy came a little out of left field. Ivy was just trying to have a conversation with her (have they ever shared a scene together? I don't recall one) and Katie spoke back to her like she was a second-class citizen. Katie needs a job like yesterday.

Makes me wonder if Eric would rescind the CEO position if he found out about Ridge's underhanded dirty dealings.

Judging by the weekly promo for this week, I'd say there's a high chance of that happening.

Ronn Moss is old enough to be Caroline's grandfather (if she is the same age as LG) but Thorsten Kaye is only 48. Which makes me wonder, was Ridge intentionally de-SORASed when the recast happened?

I think so - RM & JMC have too small an age gap to be father & son, but with TK being younger that seems to be reset too. If there was a wildly large gap between Ridge & Caroline a la Eric & Donna I'm sure it would have been brought up by now as one of the many reasons not to enter into anything.

Is it possible that TK simply isn't well received as Ridge by European fans and the show has to do something to make him appear acceptable as the "iconic" Ridge?

I don't think TK has debuted as Ridge in Europe yet; there's something in that Vanity Fair article posted earlier about how in the Netherlands live show no one applauded him when he came out on stage because no one knew who he was. (Reading it made me a sad waffles.)

(And why do they all get married in foreign countries now?)

Maybe the L.A. Registry office doesn't want to see any of them any more - "You again?!? Don't waste my time!!"

I think that the last we heard mention of Sally, she was still on a cruise.

Stephanie rang her to tell her about her Almost Dead Party and Fabio answered the phone, and she was poolside, but I don't think it was mentioned where.

Mr. RuntheTable expressed his opinions... Not invested my ass.

My Mere Male asked me the other day what they do about flashbacks now that Ronn Moss is no longer Ridge - I just about fell outta my chair.
  • Love 8

Haven't watched an episode in a while, sick of the Dope show, but my cableguide episode descriptions have no mention of Hope, Liam or Wyatt for Wednesday through Friday shows.  I just might take a gander.

I would love for Ally to reclaim her spiritual Spectra roots, change her name to Ally Spectra, dye her hair red, hire a guy named Saul and start calling Oliver Bucky!

• Love 5

They should bring her over to B&B full time.  She is wasted on Y&R.  I loathed her during the Lynn Marie Latham days when she ate the entire show, but now under a different regime she is sadly trotted out just once a month as comic relief.  She could eat all three Logan sisters for breakfast, lunch and dinner and then devour Hope for dessert.

• Love 5

She could eat all three Logan sisters for breakfast, lunch and dinner and then devour Hope for dessert.

If the writers would let her. It seems no one is really allowed to touch the Logans.

I agree, B&B could use a strong female character in Judith Chapman's age range. Pam is too flaky to be taken seriously, IMO, and Eric could use a romantic interest who isn't young enough to be his daughter.

Edited by Joimiaroxeu
  • Love 3

TK is only 48? He looks older. I think the actor is very appealing, but, as others have said, he'd be better as a new character. Ronnnnnn Mossssss was iconic as Ridge, and just should not have been replaced (especially by someone who is a completely different physical, facial, and vocal type). Ronnnn already looked as if he had been created by a plastic surgeon to fit the mold of the Handsome Hollywood Guy; surely there must be other men out there with similarly cartoonish features who could have slid into the role more convincingly? Is there a Ronnnn Mosssss impersonators club? Plus, the breathy/growly voice and perpetually clenched teeth were so classic. I miss Ronnnn.

Are half of the writers on vacation? I feel deja vu every time Quinn is on the screen lately. She has exactly the same dialogue in every scene, no matter who else she's talking to. The only slight variation came when she offered to spank Deacon (whose little growl was priceless). In any case, Hope seems to be about, what a month along in RL time? (That would be like two days in B&B time.) Why is Quinn so obsessed about getting her hands on the baby NOW? Dude, just chill out for a few months, let Hope simmer down, and then play all nicey-nice when it's closer to the actual due date. Why has no one of the legions of people she's been complaining to offered this useful advice?    

• Love 6

Caroline and Ridge is just too molesty for me. Rick and Myrna round 2 Im not here for. They were boring enough the first time around. Bring back Amber who I dont even like but at least she has history with Rick or hell why not Kimberly?

Kimberly was a Mary Sue of the highest order, and the actress was three steps above Charity Rahmer in ability. No thanks.

Amber, in spite of my nostalgia, outplayed her usefulness back when she went creepying after Thomas. Unless TIIC were bring back Little Eric and work her as a supporting character, she can shuffle off as well.

They should bring her over to B&B full time. She is wasted on Y&R. I loathed her during the Lynn Marie Latham days when she ate the entire show, but now under a different regime she is sadly trotted out just once a month as comic relief. She could eat all three Logan sisters for breakfast, lunch and dinner and then devour Hope for dessert.

Can we trade her for Jennifer Gareis? When's the last time she's had an actual story and not propping either Brooke or Katie? Her only other tie to the show is Mushmouth, who is rarely seen or heard from...no loss there.

• Love 3

Myrna can take a seat like yesterday. 

"If I was your wife, I'd be scamming on your Dad by now!"

I'm pretty sure we saw the EXACT SAME conversation between Hope, Wope, Mamma Fooler and Deekun for three or four episodes in a row.  Can we move on to something else?  We get it.  Hope don't want none of what Quinnsane is selling.  Wyatt wants to keep getting laid, so he's all about it too.  Deacon wants to keep getting laid so he's down with whatever Quinn wants.  Could we finally have someone DO something?

• Love 1

Kimberly was a Mary Sue of the highest order, and the actress was three steps above Charity Rahmer in ability. No thanks.

She could come back totally different. They were pretty cute together

Amber, in spite of my nostalgia, outplayed her usefulness back when she went creepying after Thomas. Unless TIIC were bring back Little Eric and work her as a supporting character, she can shuffle off as well.

If not Amber how about Phoebe? Like she somehow magically been alive all this time and Rick was the only one who knew. That could be the ultimate payback for molesty Ridge.

So... Caroline is now playing Ridge? I don't understand what happened today. Was getting Ridge to design on his own her way of saying "it's over"? Ridge said to Katie that he was going to kill the partnership, and then it ended up being Caroline... When did she decide to be the one to take charge? Yesterday she was all flustered and hysterical about having kissed Ridge, and now her resolve is steely? At least there was no boink - beggars can't be choosers. But I just feel like the bottom's fallen out of this story all of a sudden. We'll see what tomorrow brings, I guess.

Rick passing on fashion critique, dressed in a bright pink tie and blue/purple chequered shirt? Don't make me laugh. I liked Maya bringing the sass today, Karla Mosley's obviously enjoying herself and I don't blame her. I also liked Rick dismissing what Maya had to say, although I would have liked it better if he had mentioned that Caroline and Ridge are quasi-family, with Ridge being her half-brother-in-law/ex-uncle, rather than saying he's not bothered by his wife hugging her "design partner". I don't hug my co-workers. But who am I kidding, this is Forrester Creations we're talking about! What the hell is "office etiquette"???

And Maya saying "If I were your wife, you wouldn't find me in another man's arms"? Isn't that how Rick & Maya finished in the first place - Maya & Carter spending the night together when Rick didn't show up for the Room 8 premiere? Check yourself before you wreck yourself, girlfriend.

Nice to have a couple of episodes in a row that have A & B stories but it still means I'm only watching about ten minutes of the show.

She could eat all three Logan sisters for breakfast, lunch and dinner and then devour Hope for dessert.

No idea who this Gloria broad is but I like what I'm seeing here. "High-octane"? Yes please. Eric needs someone to rock his world, and if it's not gonna be me then I'm sure she'll be up to the task.

Isn't diamonds kind of a girly safe word?  (All I know of the 50 Shades genre is what I've gleaned from Law & Order.)

Safe words, as I understand them, are supposed to be clunky and unsexy and also obvious so all parties can recognise it and cease activity - I guess if "Diamonds" is a word that reminds DeaQuinn of the Hopeless Diamond and therefore of Hopeless herself then that ticks all the boxes? My safe word is "Ronn Moss".

Edited by St3phForrester
  • Love 9

I guess if "Diamonds" is a word that reminds DeaQuinn of the Hopeless Diamond and therefore of Hopeless herself then that ticks all the boxes?

Hmm... I was thinking more "diamonds are a girl's best friend" but having your daughter even casually in the chain of thought re: kinky sex - ick.  :-)   

I was kind of surprised today when the cabin didn't lead to well, the obvious.  But of course, someone will find out they met there and assume the worst.  

• Love 2

And Maya saying "If I were your wife, you wouldn't find me in another man's arms"? Isn't that how Rick & Maya finished in the first place - Maya & Carter spending the night together when Rick didn't show up for the Room 8 premiere? Check yourself before you wreck yourself, girlfriend.

I think the final nail in the coffin was more Rick sleeping with Caroline because he was drunk and he let her convince him that Carter leaving Maya's room meant that they slept together.  I thought the same thing when Maya said that, but Rick can't really call her out because of his reaction.

But none of them were married then, no? I think cheating on your spouse is a different level of wrong.

Ended a self-imposed exile yesterday, noticed on my cableguide that the unholy trio were not mentioned in the episode descriptions for Wednesday thru Friday so I went to Forrester Creations.  It was great watching an episode without any three of those dipshits, nor was there name mentioned by any other characters.

Might not like the story, but I'm very happy Rick and Caroline are getting a story, not as happy as I'm going to be when Katie finds out about the kiss.  Was impressed with Carter's improved acting (or maybe it's the fact he got some meaty material?), still not impressed with Myrna.

Many questions:  Why is Eric naming a new CEO?  Who was the old CEO?  Wasn't it Eric?  Is he stepping down?  Are Ridge and Rick the prime candidates?

• Love 2

Just got caught up on this week's shows, and I find myself pleasantly surprised that they are managing to hold my interest without Brooke, Bill or Eric. 

I don't understand what they were going for with Caroline/Ridge; if a couple of hugs and a few kisses were all we were gonna get, then what was the point? To give Maya more ammo? What does she know outside of seeing them, "in each other's arms" once? And why does "in each other's arms", sound so different from "giving each other a hug"? 

So... Caroline is now playing Ridge? I don't understand what happened today.

Me either, but it seemed like a slap together ending for the SL; Ridge can draw again, and the damage is done to Caroline's marriage, but again, nothing really happened. Still, it's annoying when you consider how Ridge treated Brooke about Bill, but he is finding it real easy to kiss a very married Caroline. 

My toes curled when Caroline told Ridge to come and get "the Big Bad Pencil". 

I am not feeling Quinn and Deacon as a romantic pairing; something seems off. How long has Deacon been back on the scene? Has he ever mentioned what he does for cash? I don't know why, but the fact that Deacon has been living off Quinn while putting the moves and macking on Brooke, but is A OK to settle for Quinn, makes him so friggin skeevy to me. That, and him telling Hope to rethink her feelings about Quinn. 

Diamonds? I am surprised Deacon's safe word wasn't Montemayer. 

I also like Hope being left to fight her own battles, and what makes it better is that it isn't about Liam. Or being manipulated. Or being robbed. It is a real grown up battle, and for once Hope is fighting for someone other than herself. I do wish the girl would get to a doctor though. 

Do they think that always showing Katie and Ridge in the boudoir will somehow make them appear a romantic couple? It has been a long time since the one awkward "intimate" night we were......um.......subjected to, and if anything, K/R seem even less a couple. No, there is simply no going back after seeing Ridge put his big, manly hand over Caroline's dainty one. 

Now that the gloves are off, I find myself enjoying Maya and Carter. I like how he can admit that he still cares for her, but in the next breath can call her a gold digger. I might have more sympathy and understanding for Maya if she were roughing it, and if she had been dating a burger flipper, or a bike courier, or a warehouse worker. Not that there is anything wrong with any of those jobs, but they are not at Carter's level. So what was so wrong with Maya's life? She had/has a prime modeling gig, that grants her the benefit of sitting in on Board of Director meetings, and being involved in major company decisions. She was accepted and valued by all the "Have's", and her work was appreciated. In addition, she was engaged to a well educated, successful Corporate Attorney, who also happens to be a gorgeous hunk of man, who was completely besotted with her. Yeah, I think gold digger fits.  

I am not thrilled with that spoiler about, 

Judith Chapman

. I detested her on Y&R, and she is the reason I gave up on the show. So please B&B, a guest appearance is ok, but please, please, please no permanent contracts.

Edited by RuntheTable
  • Love 1

Regarding that spoiler, that character is all but a punchline on Y&R. That show is now an unwatchable trainwreck of a mess, but that character is the absolute least of that showvs problem.

That said, so long as Princess Hope is around, there is no danger of that person becoming the show's new sun to orbit.

• Love 2

I guess Katie just lives in one room of her house? The bedroom? That is the only room ever shown. Even visitors just show up in the bedroom! They must really have a low budget, if they can't show the living area anymore.

• Love 1

I just don't like the idea that Maya should just be thankful that someone of Carter's caliber is interested in her and suck it up if she doesn't want to be with him.  Should she be remorseful that she led him on?  Yes (though...again...I put a lot of that blame at Carter's feet).  But if she doesn't love him and doesn't want to be with him, then all of the (alleged) good looks and compassion and education doesn't matter.  He's a (n alleged) great guy, just not for her and she shouldn't have to apologize for it.

• Love 3

B&B has pleasantly surprised me by avoiding or subverting a lot of the really tired soap opera tropes - at least for me these last few months.  This makes Maya even more puzzling.  Her attitude worked for an Erica Kane or a Rachel Cory back in the day but she's a gorgeous girl with a great job.  She should be creating and promoting her own brand.  (sorry for the buzz speak)

• Love 2
I just don't like the idea that Maya should just be thankful that someone of Carter's caliber is interested in her and suck it up if she doesn't want to be with him.  Should she be remorseful that she led him on?  Yes (though...again...I put a lot of that blame at Carter's feet).  But if she doesn't love him and doesn't want to be with him, then all of the (alleged) good looks and compassion and education doesn't matter.  He's a (n alleged) great guy, just not for her and she shouldn't have to apologize for it.

I agree with this. I also think that Maya is not entitled to have a rich man and break up his marriage to get him just because she was born poor. During her convo with Carter yesterday I was getting a strong whiff of Scarlet O'Hara and it wasn't a pleasant odor.

The upthread mentions of Erica Kane and Rachel Cory are good ones, I think. However, those women made sure they were bringing more to the table than their coochies. As far as I can tell, Maya isn't in their league and IMO never will be as long as she keeps thinking that all she needs to do is nab herself a rich man named Rick.

• Love 6

What did Katie give Ridge as a good luck charm? Was it a watch or just a leather band? My copy of this episode is so pixelated I can barely make out people's faces.

Hope proved to be even more of a waste of space today than she usually is. What was with her throwing shady looks at Ivy? Because Eric cheered up in Ivy's company when he was flat with Hope? Who could blame the guy for that? I wish a house would fall on her.

Eric saying "the future of Forrester" still makes me queasy.

I think the final nail in the coffin was more Rick sleeping with Caroline because he was drunk and he let her convince him that Carter leaving Maya's room meant that they slept together.  I thought the same thing when Maya said that, but Rick can't really call her out because of his reaction.

Good point, kia112, I'd forgotten about that.

But none of them were married then, no? I think cheating on your spouse is a different level of wrong.

No, they weren't married, but doesn't a committed relationship command the same amount of respect and fidelity that a marriage does? The only difference is that the former isn't recognised by law. I'd want my partner to be faithful to me regardless of whether or not we had a piece of paper saying we were Mr & Mrs. Yes, you take a vow on your wedding day, but those words should be applicable to you everyday.

Many questions:  Why is Eric naming a new CEO?  Who was the old CEO?  Wasn't it Eric?  Is he stepping down?  Are Ridge and Rick the prime candidates?

Welcome back, sugarbaker! Here's what you missed: Eric's brother Fred Willard came to town, and suggested to Eric that he should actually live his life instead of be stuck at FC all day long. So Eric decided that he was going to step down from the CEO position and promote one of his sons in his place. He's not leaving altogether, just removing himself from the stresses of the top job. Ridge & Rick are the prime candidates only because they're the only ones still in the show; apparently Thorne doesn't want it (so Eric says). Don't question the neopotism; a proper shareholders' meeting is just too much to ask.

I like to think that if Brooke were still in town she would be CEO, but alas.

I don't understand what they were going for with Caroline/Ridge; if a couple of hugs and a few kisses were all we were gonna get, then what was the point? To give Maya more ammo?

I think so, RuntheTable - I get the feeling that tomorrow we're gonna see

Eric choose Ridge as the CEO, and Maya will pick that moment to tell everyone about what she thinks happened with CaRidge, with the aim of securing Rick the position as well as getting him to dump Caroline over her betrayal and return to her, despite what we have seen as an audience that Caroline was strong enough to resist temptation (or at least to resist the temptation to go all the way). I suspect that when Maya pipes up tomorrow, both Ridge & Caroline will think she knows more than she actually does and will spill their own tea trying to mop it up.

Colour me interested, in any event.

They must really have a low budget, if they can't show the living area anymore.

The sets are erected and pulled down each shooting day, so I think they just like to make use of whatever set that have put up to avoid wasting filming time changing sets.
  • Love 6