Type keyword(s) to search

B&B: What's Up Today at Forrester Creations? - Daily Chat

• Start Topic

I don't understand the lack of continuity on this show. Brooke and Bill finally get married and then? No follow up. Ridge fires Thomas. Then nothing for a week. Finally, today Sally visits Thomas and he tells her what happened -for 2 minutes. No follow up with Ridge, Steffy, Thomas, etc over the firing except for hiring that no talent Zzzzzzende. All we've really gotten for watching this wrectched show are the Ambien couple (thank you for naming them, whoever did that!) Oh, and that ridiculous nonsense with Rick and Maya in Paris. If the rest of this show will be focused on Rick and Maya fighting the Ambien couple for custody of Lizzie- OUT.

• Love 10

I don't see a custody fight for Lizzie - even if Maya didn't adopt her, Rick is her bio father and who would give custody to Nicole and Zende when Rick has money, executive career and a rich family backing him?  A kidnapping seems more plausible.  If it splits up Nicole and Zende, it might almost be worth it. 

• Love 3
(edited)

I will give B&B credit for actually explaining amenorrhea. I experienced it in my 20s--along with some other odd stuff like having two hell weeks in one month and for an extended time, having one without shedding and no flow, and still experiencing mittelschmerz in light of all that. I was a medical anomaly!

I guess I am not understanding Nicole's OTT reaction and harping on and on about letting Zende down. The doctor said it would decrease the chances. Not completely eliminate it. Girl, you've been married a hot second, and if she was on birth control, there was no way she would have conceived immediately. It takes time. That condition is actually quite normal and affects a tonne of women. The usual course of action for amenorrhea would be Provera or hormone therapy to medically jumpstart the cycles. And where is this uterine scarring coming from? I saw a preview, and the same doctor who did the IUI for Lizzie and was prepared to do it on the second go round will be back. Lizzie was born last May or so, right? So at the 6 week check-up, her GYN missed this scarring? It seems like they are almost backtracking to create a storyline. I mean hell, these two took over November sweeps last year, and now they have taken over May sweeps. And while scarring sometimes happens during Caesearean's and if a uterine rupture occurs. If that had happened, it would have been addressed during labour and delivery because of the risks it poses for the mum and baby. To our knowledge, it was a smooth delivery with no complications. The hell are these writers doing? I don't think she is going to fight for custody, but I could see her kidnapping Lizzie. Her interaction with her was very, "The Hand That Rocks The Cradle." And if I had to venture a guess, Maya isn't just missing Lizzie. She's probably thinking about what Bill said: Nicole being the biological mother, and she's concerned. She had no maternal bond, but if she's going to be spending an extended amount of time with her in light of what's happening, that just leaves the door wide open. I don't see her taking them to court, but we also don't know if Maya ever formally adopted Lizzie or if she just trusted that Nicole would never want her back. I don't know where they are heading with this storyline, but I hope they speed it up. Everybody else has been put on the backburner for the Zzzquil Duo.

RJ and Coco just don't work for me. When I used to watch the other soaps, I enjoyed the teen storylines because there were more than two teenagers, and the storylines were half-decent. These two? Yeah....NO.

Sally and Thomas...I get why Ridge feels betrayed. From a business standpoint, your son and employee defended someone who cost your company some ridiculous sum of money and all kinds of issues that still haven't resolved. Legal fees, loss of an entire collection, having to save face with investors, and the list goes on. I don't usually agree with Ridge on anything, but I get why he felt like Thomas needed to be let go. His loyalty isn't with the company, and while it's good that he's found love....that doesn't change the fact that she and her family just stole from your family's company and you're basically sleeping with the enemy. As I said before, as someone who worked in a design field, nobody saw the blood, sweat, and all the hours put into perfecting something. I'd be livid and ready to whoop somebody's ass if they had stolen some of my work. That's just real talk.

What a waste of the Avants. This fixation on snagging a Forrester bub is absolutely ridiculous. This is not the era of Marie Antoinette where a woman needed to have an heir to just about secure her place in a family or within the marriage. So when Papa Avant was talking about it might break her marriage if she could not produce a child, it just made me roll my eyes. Granted, Obba can rock any scene and even terrible dialogue. It makes them sound like golddiggers and like they are trying to get their hooks in while the getting is good. Hell, even Steffy and Liam who have been on and off for probably 10 years and are newlyweds aren't even talking about babies, yet. I do foresee words being exchanged between Maya and Julius, and when it happens, I'll be here for it. I do agree with Julius on one thing. It would be pretty jacked up if her first and only biological child was the one she gave to Maya and if the result of that pregnancy/labour/delivery caused her permanent damage that will prevent her from having another baby/experiencing pregnancy. 

What a dull May sweeps as a whole. I hope it gets better, or I will have to take it off my DVR and read the recaps.

Edited by AussieBabe
  • Love 9

Too much Nicole and ZenZey non-drama and not near enough Tally. From the previews it looks like Nicole is gonna get some more bad news about her condition, so I see her angst only getting more jacked up. I don't think we will have any kidnapping type SL, but I do foresee a battle with Maya for custody, which will probably break up N/Z and bond R/N. What I would rather see is Nicole take a page out of Brooke's book after she discovered that Bridget was Eric's daughter and not Ridge's, and take off to some desolate island for many, many months. She could run around in Jane of the Jungle Ware, and could maybe even locate the two dollies that Brooke toted around. Most importantly, she could lose her decidedly deciduous wig, and have ZenZey on the same island looking for her. 

My favorite color is pink, and Sally was rocking it yesterday. I was glad that Thomas stood by his decision. Ridge has a big mouth and a very short, selective memory. He has not been above trying to sabotage FC's, and he has also walked away from it, and his family, numerous times. His words of betrayal fall flat with this viewer. 

Mama and Papa A just need to butt out. I know they are concerned and love their daughter, but this is a matter for her and her husband to parse out. I know Papa A is going to be blaming Maya, something I will secretly relish, but at the same time, while Maya and Rick were incredibly selfish to ask Nicole; Nicole was the one who agreed to the deal. 

• Love 9
11 hours ago, tessaray said:

I don't see a custody fight for Lizzie - even if Maya didn't adopt her, Rick is her bio father and who would give custody to Nicole and Zende when Rick has money, executive career and a rich family backing him?  A kidnapping seems more plausible.  If it splits up Nicole and Zende, it might almost be worth it. 

I see a custody fight. Nicole/Zzzende are also rich and have career and family backing them (Dominguez/Forrester)

• Love 2
(edited)
13 hours ago, Gam2 said:

When my daughter finally said "I just can't do this to my body anymore", they stopped the treatments. A year later, she became pregnant and delivered a healthy baby boy who's now 5 years old.

Good for them!  I've heard stories similar to yours where once the pressure's off, a pregnancy happens.  It's amazing the terrible things stress can do to a body.

I got so sick of this exchange:  "I may have secondary infertility"  "But you already had a baby".  What do these people think secondary means?  Even after she explained there is scarring from the 1st pregnancy, there's always someone who STILL insists "But you already had a baby"

Edited by ByTor
  • Love 8
(edited)

Recap for Thurs. 5/25/17:

We open with the Ambien couple, lounging on the couch at Brooke's. A sad Nicole tells ZenZay about the doctor's diagnosis.

Zicole.jpg.280b1d3ab40bf33321cd031d7a378ac5.jpg

ZZ, of course, refuses to believe it and (helpful as ever) says that "tonight, they'll prove it wrong." 

She tries to tell him what she was told about her uterine scarring but he's clearly not listening.

Zende: "No. I don't believe it, not for a second. There is no way the only baby you can have you give to your sister." 

Nicole: "Zende, you can't just ignore medical science." Sure, he can - he's ZenZay. "I have scarring due to my pregnancy with Lizzie, the child that I gave to Rick and Maya. (In case we forgot who Lizzie is again.) "Those are the facts. The doctor didn't make those up."

Zende: "Look, all I'm saying is medical science isn't infallible. Look, let's not overwork this. Let's stay positive. I'm healthy. You're healthy. You already had one baby. There is no reason to believe you can't have another one." And I don't disagree with him at the moment, not without more tests and a second opinion. Not to mention, there's no reason Nicole can't do what she should have done in the first place - pony up an egg and have a gestational carrier. Her ovaries/eggs appear fine.

Nicole: "I know, but-"

Zende: "Look, and even if the doctor is right, whatever it is, we can get it fixed. We are going to have a baby. Don't you lose sight of that. Everything is going our way. We got married. I have this huge opportunity to work in design. The babies are gonna come." On cue, Lizzie starts babbling cute baby noises and he laughs: "The babies are gonna come. What'd I tell you? You hear that? That is the sound of our future for many, many years to come."

Ultimately, Nicole agrees to get a second opinion and then we have to hear Zende give another patented "Nicole is an angel speech" and I am not recapping that.

We cut to Julius and Viv at FC (and why are they hanging out there?)  And don't get me wrong, I love to see Obba and Anna but not if their sole purpose from being retrieved from the mothballs is to serve as another mouthpiece for the Ambien couple.

Julius is on the warpath about Nicole's diagnosis.

Julius: "It's a damn shame!"

Viv admonishes him: "Watch your language, please!"

Viv surmises that given that Zende was adopted, perhaps Nicole and Zende could adopt as well.

Julius considers that for a few moments but quickly works himself back up over how not having a biological child could impact their marriage (and presumably any side benefits he and Viv are reaping).

Pam and Charlie interrupt then with Pam going on about how Nicole might be pregnant soon and more raving about her being Raya's surrogate. Mercifully, Pam doesn't mention "angel" in her gushing.

When Viv and Julius are alone again, Viv tells her husband that "Zende and Nicole will make do. They love each other."

A frustrated Julius: "I just wish that-"

Vivienne: "What? That Nicole didn't give up what might be her only baby to Maya? She did it out of love, Julius."

Julius: "If it turns out that my daughter gave up her only child to her... and she can't have one of her own, that would be the greatest injustice of all."

Julius then bemoans how they ever could have gone along with the surrogacy in the first place and should have fought harder against it, and dude, it's far too late to unring the bell.

Vivienne: "Is this doing us one iota of good? Stop it, Julius!" Her eyes are fierce as she stares him down. "Please, no more of this. We have a crisis in this family, and we're gonna come together... as a family."

Julius grouses: "Yes. While Nicole's family is coming apart at the seams."

Julius-Vivienne-anguish-BB-HW.jpg

Vivienne: "I don't want to hear it, Julius! Please! Nicole and Zende will work this out. This is not Maya's fault. It's nobody's fault. And we have to believe this." But you can tell she's concerned and again, if this infertility storyline (which is, unfortunately, a subject all too near and dear to my own heart) were playing out with Obba and Anna caliber actors, I might have a fuck or two to give but I just don't. 

Ah...like a breath of fresh air, we cut to Sally. It feels like a month since we've seen her. Not okay, TPTB.

Sally knocks on Thomas' door at the loft and he opens it, scruffy and shirtless. Why am I not surprised? (about the shirtless bit). But I'm not complaining. Sally looks gorgeous in a hot pink (and fuck off to whoever said redheads can't wear pink) and black outfit.

Sally: "Well, looks like I'm a little late. You just showered. Alone." Well, well, well, indeed.

Thomas laughs: "Yeah, you're gonna have to work on your timing."

Thomas.thumb.jpg.5911bb8e044f60142a03c0f3904224df.jpg

Sally: "Well, I've tried, but you haven't been answering my texts."

Thomas: "Trying to decompress."

Sally asks the obvious question: "Since you and your father had it out after I left? How'd it go?"

Sally.thumb.jpg.35f20de10c6f01bd664b36852edebf3a.jpg

Thomas sighs: "It went. We talked about us."

Sally: "How you saved me. Which you did, and I love you for that. Were you able to calm him down about everything?" Sally clearly doesn't know Ridge all that well. He's perfected the art of holding a grudge.

Thomas: "Not exactly." A beat. "He fired me." At Sally's shocked expression: "Yeah, I'm no longer employed at Forrester Creations. My dad feels I betrayed him and the company."

sally-thomas-bold-beautiful.jpg

Sally is horrified: "So he fired his own son?

Thomas: "Mm-hmm."

Sally: "That's how angry he is that you gave me that money?"

Thomas: "No, he's angry that I bailed you out and I kept you from prison." Sally sighs, knowing there would be repercussions from Thomas' sweeping, romantic gestures but nothing this drastic. "He's just angry at this entire situation."

Sally is flabbergasted" But to fire you??? He needs you to design after everything that happened." That he does.

Thomas, sarcastic: "Now, he's got Zende. Apparently he's giving him a chance."

Sally, knowing Zende doesn't like her nor Steffy nor Ridge, wonders if anyone's on their side and Thomas assures her that RJ, who is smitten with a Spectra gal of his own, most assuredly is.

They share a kiss on that happy note.

59283009a341c_TallyKiss1.thumb.jpg.1cb92076c4ccf3b4b060682857d13f7a.jpg

They pull back and Sally smiles into his eyes and can't resist touching that very touchable chest. Get it, girl!

5928300f8e955_TallyKiss2.thumb.jpg.a8327145e7e62a7a4f205e882e421c13.jpg

Sally, collecting herself, wants to know what Thomas is going to do next and he tells her he's waiting for his father to cool off.

A clearly-conflicted Sally asks: "Kicked out of your own family's business. Look, Thomas, I have to ask. Are you reconsidering what you did for me?"

Thomas: "Am I reconsidering my commitment to you and Spectra? It almost sounds like you're giving me an out."

Sally: "Well, that's not really my style, Bucko, and you know that."

Thomas, sensing her more serious mood, "But you're worried."

Sally: "Aren't you?"

Thomas, trying to lighten the moment, "What do I have to be worried about? I am a Forrester. We don't do that."

Sally, not really believing him, but playing along for the moment, knowing that's what he needs today, "So...you're good?"

Thomas: "I'm always good when you're around." Awwww... "Not so much when my family is." Will you just go park your drafting table at SF already?

Sally: "See, I don't want that for you."

Thomas admits: "Neither do I, but-"

Sally: "Look, I'm just gonna come out and say it. I love you, Thomas. But I told your sister and your father, and I meant it. I am not gonna come in between you and your family. That is your legacy, your company, and your future. There's no hard feelings if you change your mind and decide that you can no longer support me. You have already done so much for me...standing before the judge, keeping me out of jail. So, if you need to pull back on this..." He sighs and she plunges forward: "I know how much your family means to you and that it's ripping you apart that your dad gave you the boot. The last thing I need or want is to lose your support, but if you need to get back in your family's good graces, I totally get it." The implication is clear - if he needs to cut ties with her to retain them with his family...then break her heart. But I think he's proven that's the last thing he's going to do.

Thomas: "Obviously I want to be accepted by my dad, my sister, and Forrester Creations. Since my dad stormed out of here, I've been trying to figure out what my life means without Forrester Creations. It's weird to even say that out loud."

Sally: "That is why I asked. I get it." And preparing for whatever consequences result.

Thomas: "No, you don't. All of those things, they matter to me, and they are hard for me to deal with. But I am nothing if I'm not a man of my word. Bill Spencer robbed you of your chance to become a designer, and I told you that I would help you get your shot. I intend to keep that commitment."

Sally smiles at that: "You keep surprising me. I've never met anyone like you. There's no one to compare you to. You're inspiring, and I'm learning. Look, I may never be the person that your family wants me to be. But if that's okay with you..."

Thomas: "Of course, it is."

Sally: "I love you, Thomas."

bold-thomas-sally-hot-1.jpg

They move over to the bed, still kissing, and fade to black...

Edited by CountryGirl
  • Love 8

Sidenote: can we keep Sally's more dressed down style? I know she's supposed to have an eclectic sense of style, but all those patterns, colours, and materials just made me cringe. The leather biker vest with the red and white floral top was the worst. I loved the pink, black, and white. I would wear that whole ensemble from the necklace down to the shoes. I'd even accept the shorts with the embroidery because it's not over the top. I hated those very oddly placed braids and strange hairstyles a few weeks ago. Not to mention wardrobe was spending a tonne on the fugliest pieces ever. 

• Love 6

When did they put a bed in Thomas's loft?  and as boring as Prince Valium is, he leaned  back on the sofa  and I thought "HOT DAMN"  look at that body, then he had to try and act and it was gone.....

• Love 4
1 hour ago, Cindylou said:

When did they put a bed in Thomas's loft?  and as boring as Prince Valium is, he leaned  back on the sofa  and I thought "HOT DAMN"  look at that body, then he had to try and act and it was gone.....

I thought there was a bed there from the CaRidge days but I could be wrong.

ZZ should be seen and not heard.

• Love 4

I don't know about you all, but I'm tired of Saul and his whinging. Sally is not into him. I think it would have been better to pair him with Coco and send RJ back to boarding school.

Ridge needs to shut up, too. Like just about everyone in his family has said, he would have done the same thing in his younger years. He's so smug for someone who has been mooning over his step-mother.

AussieBabe: I totally agree with you about Sally's style. She can be fun and eclectic without looking crazy and tacky. 

• Love 6
11 minutes ago, politichick said:

I don't know about you all, but I'm tired of Saul and his whinging. Sally is not into him. I think it would have been better to pair him with Coco and send RJ back to boarding school.

No, they should've kept Aly alive and paired HER up with Saul.

• Love 12
1 hour ago, Pickles said:

How did Nicole have that uterine exam, when she was almost sitting up in bed?!

And why wasn't she wearing a gown?  Do ANY women write for this show?

I didn't notice the actress who plays Nicole's breasts until folks here started talking about them and now it's all I can look at when she's on screen.  What was she thinking?  Is she planning on a side career in porn?  If any actress should be wary of plastic surgery it should be a B&B actress.  There are so many examples of overdone plastic surgery in the cast that are walking 'don't let this happen to you' signs.

• Love 11

Nicole finally changed her clothes but did she have to wear another outfit to show off her overzealous boobs.  Bad news and Nicole still can't muster a tear or even a teary eye.  

What catastrophe at FC?  It seems they have time to sit around and take care of Lizzy, fire Thomas, hire Zende, and Rick and Maya have "fun" in Paris.  

Thomas, I would have a lot more respect for you if you told them to take their job and shove it. Go to Spectra, and help make it successful. Get out of the shadow of your grandfather, father, and even your sister.  At least come back on your own terms without selling your soul.

Coco and RJ in a sense playing house, is just wrong.  They are the Ambien twins and Nicole and Zende are the Xanex twins. 

• Love 10

This whole story line is so ridiculous-the meeting with Nicole's GYN who tells her she "might" not be able to conceive, her conversation with Zzzzende and her parents, etc, etc, etc. Who Cares?! Not the viewers. And aren't we the ones the writers and advertisers are trying to reach? 

• Love 3
4 hours ago, mightysparrow said:

I didn't notice the actress who plays Nicole's breasts

Well, thanks so much for making me unattractively snort :)

• Love 7

I don't know why Julius was overreacting to Nicole's "diagnosis." It's not a family crisis and I don't think it's going to end the ZZZZmarriage. (Although I don't care either way.)  I really resent the whole attitude of a woman's sole purpose is to "take her man's seed and bear his child from her womb ... " or such nonsense. Let's set the clock back about a gazillion years, or so it seems with gender roles. Correct me if I'm wrong but I thought Nicole had a miserable pregnancy. I remember her always being sick and complaining about back pain, etc.

With Nicole's bad wig, heavy makeup, huge boobs and pouty expressionless face, she looks like a blow-up sex doll. Aside from Steffy, Nicole is about the least maternal woman on the show. Even young Coco was good with baby Lizzie. (Who I guess didn't care for Auntie Pam.) Nicole looks so uncomfortable when she's holding Lizzie and talks to her in that flat affect voice -- in adult conversations no less.  (I worked with a woman once who was very petite with a narrow figure but she had overly large implants. She always looked like she was going to pitch forward when she walked.)

Were all of the excessive scenes with the baby today just filler? She's cute and all but enough is enough.

Steffy is all heart. First she said she was going to "handle" the Thomas situation, which I thought because she'd have more finesse that Sludge. Uh, no. THEN, deciding that she shouldn't have told Thomas the truth about $Bill because ... because ... SHE CAN'T KEEP SECRETS!!!  (Ha! Ha! I bust a gut over that one.) I wanted to slap that condescending smirk off Sludge's face when Thomas came into the office. It was so cheesily fake. So, is the mandate still in place that Thomas has to dump Sally and take back his money before he can work at FC again? That was the message I got from Sally. If FC is so desperate to have Thomas back, then they should give into anything he wishes and that includes Sally.

BTW, Aly and Saul would have made an awesome couple! BTW, did Saul get a perm? His hair was looking much thicker and curlier today. Not that there was anything wrong with his hair to begin with. It just looked odd. Yeah. The being jealous of Thomas bit is growing old. I wouldn't mind him with Coco either.

• Love 12

Aly and Oliver were an awesome couple and I will never forgive Show for turning Aly crazy/obsessive/dark and killing her off.

As Thorne's daughter, Aly was a blood Forrester, and there aren't many in her generation. Not that adoption makes one any less part of a family, but with the Forresters there is always a pervasive undercurrent of identifying who is an F by blood and who is not.

I would have loved to see Aly grow stronger, gain confidence, become a force, and give Steffy some competition at FC. Or just blow off FC and embrace her Spectra side, teaming up with Sally to revive the company.  Thomas could still join in.  We could have just avoided the whole Spectra Stealing mess and had Aly/Sally team up to make Spectra legit and real competition with FC.  Maybe Thorne could have returned as Spectra's secret backer.

With Aly/Oliver and Thomas/Sally added to Puffy/Waffles, Show would have had a new generation of Forresters to revolve stories.  Make Coco older and team her with Saul or Wyatt. Or make Darlita less ditsy and team her with Saul or Wyatt.  Ah hell, make her less ditsy, have her and Waffles meet cute and have Waffles suddenly realize this was the girl he had a huge crush on in 9th grade and create a slow burn relationship from there.  I will forever think Wyatt/Steffy should have been end game.  She was actually normal while with him until the Captive Cabin/Quinn is evil debacle. I wish Show had let Steffy choose Wyatt because she wanted him, not because Waffles was absent.

• Love 14
On 5/25/2017 at 4:00 AM, RuntheTable said:

Speaking of fashion shows reminded me that Maya couldn't be bothered to participate in the last one; forcing Quinn to wear the Show Stopper that Ridge and Steffy sabotaged in an effort to have Quinn fail.

Actually, it was Steffy who was supposed to model the showstopper. Maya was getting in a pissing contest with Sasha over Zende and refusing to walk down the aisle with her for the jewelry pass. Quinn told them both to get over it.

But she can still stuff it anyway, because Maya.

• Love 4
On 5/26/2017 at 0:34 AM, AussieBabe said:

Sally and Thomas...I get why Ridge feels betrayed. From a business standpoint, your son and employee defended someone who cost your company some ridiculous sum of money and all kinds of issues that still haven't resolved. Legal fees, loss of an entire collection, having to save face with investors, and the list goes on. I don't usually agree with Ridge on anything, but I get why he felt like Thomas needed to be let go. His loyalty isn't with the company, and while it's good that he's found love....that doesn't change the fact that she and her family just stole from your family's company and you're basically sleeping with the enemy. As I said before, as someone who worked in a design field, nobody saw the blood, sweat, and all the hours put into perfecting something. I'd be livid and ready to whoop somebody's ass if they had stolen some of my work. That's just real talk.

In the real world, I would agree...but coming from Ridge, who has never been above throwing a knife in anyone's back to ruin them if it served his own purposes, it's just hypocritical at very best. It's like listening to Brooke prattle on abput Quinn coming between a father and son. 

You don't have to be without sin to cast stones on a soap opera, but if you're the Whore of Babylon, you shouldn't give lectures about chastity. 

On 5/26/2017 at 4:02 AM, RuntheTable said:

What I would rather see is Nicole take a page out of Brooke's book after she discovered that Bridget was Eric's daughter and not Ridge's, and take off to some desolate island for many, many months.

Or.!

Maybe she can stay there.

Permanently. :)

• Love 4

It was a whose the daddy with Bridget. When she was born she was named after Ridge and Brooke because at the time they thought Ridge was the father because Sheila Carter tampered with the DNA test.

Thomas should go to Spectra and work on his investment. Ridge really things Zende can replace him? 

• Love 5
4 hours ago, OhioSongbird said:

Ok....need history here.  I thought Bridget was Ridge & Brooke's daughter.  But you say she's Eric's?  So does that mean Brooke has 2 kids with Eric?  I wasn't around back then.

What Artsda said. The BTS reason for that IIRC was when Hunyer Tylo returned to the show, she was a born again Christian and insisted that Taylor be the only one with Ridge's bio kids and that they not divorce.

On one hand, my knee-jerk reaction is STFU and read your damn lines or leave. OTOH, Rick and Bridget would have being siblings ad well and Uncle/niece had it stayed unchanged. It's an odd thing to mention given when eventually did happen with Ridge and Bridget...which is now made even worse for me in hindsight after seeing the clips on YT of Ridge struggling to raise baby Bridget and have Taylor accept her as his daughter independent of Brooke.

• Love 4

My recording today was glitchy but I'm glad I suffered through to the end. Now I really want to see a triumphant Tally fashion show. 

2 things bothered me, well 3 - Nicole's passive aggressive thing with Maya - and her mother's sympathizing sent the wrong message to Nicole. And Saul.  I know it's a soap staple but sheesh... she's not into you like that.  The actor is adorable though. He needs a real story.  Like becoming the next Mark Zuckerberg or something. 

• Love 11

The photo shoot really has nothing to do with FC.  It has more to do with making the reputation of the photographer in adding to his portfolio. What FC creations?  The new line is not out and the old line has been copied. So it must be the old old line that is out of date.  Eric, your hypocrisy is showing. Didn't you just give up family for love.  

I have to give Nicole kudos for getting that blank stare down pat but is it acting or is she naturally blank?  Nicole showing that she's being over emotional would be like Bill going bankrupt. 

Thomas finally put on his big boy pants and cut the umbilical cord. Love will conquer all.  

• Love 9

No, I don't remember if they signed any paperwork giving full custody to Maya and Rick but as stupid as all of these people are, they probably didn't. I cannot, cannot watch this ridiculous story play out. I do not care. Period. End of discussion. Get these people off of my screen, please!!!!!!!!!!!

• Love 2
1 hour ago, LittleIggy said:

I can't remember if Nicole signed paperwork re: giving up parental rights or if Maya adopted Lizzy. Anyone remember if all-purpose attorney Carter drew up any paperwork?

I don't remember a scene for that, but I assumed it was an oversight on the part of the writers because that cut into the epic love story of Zzzzzzzzzzzzicole reuniting.

That said, as someone upthread mentioned, Rick is still the bio father so either way, Maya's gonna be involved and sole custody doesn't seem likely.

I still wished that, given Nicole and Caroline's pregnancies were so close together, that Rick and Ridge's....er, seeds were mixed up. CaRidge get their baby drama without throwing Thomas' character under the bus and it would have given those two manchildren one more actual legitimate thing to piss on each other about. And assuming the Rick/Caroline baby was the tick, it could have given a level of awkward when they were so recently divorced.

• Love 4
(edited)
2 hours ago, LittleIggy said:

I can't remember if Nicole signed paperwork re: giving up parental rights or if Maya adopted Lizzy. Anyone remember if all-purpose attorney Carter drew up any paperwork?

It was never mentioned or shown onscreen. Being bothered to do this would require actual writing and thought, so these talent less hacks gave themselves an out.

Off topic: Is having two black male lawyers who happen to both be ordained online to perform marriage ceremonies lazy on the "writers" part?

Edited by tricknasty
  • Love 4
15 minutes ago, tricknasty said:

Off topic: Is having two black male lawyers who happen to both be ordained online to perform marriage ceremonies lazy on the "writers" part?

My guess is since the actors have to have a minimum of appearances as stipulated in their contracts even as recurring  it's ultimately cheaper to use them since they already have to pay them so wherever the story allows and their schedule permits they pop them in even if they suddenly have additional skills like being able to perform marriages.  

Of course last year we had Chaz Bono and another celebrity minister for Statt and Brill so the show will also splurge for a supposed ratings grab whenever they want to do an actor a solid.

• Love 5

Okay, I'm already over this baby storyline. Nicole is coming off like a jealous psycho and her mother and father are doing her no favors. I do NOT want to see this mess on my tv screen. 

Despite my issues with a lot of Spectra 2.0, I really like Sally and Thomas together. May they triumph over Steffy the hag and Ridge the dull. 

• Love 11

I am completely on board for a Sally/Thomas partnership! What I like most is that Thomas didn't just bail Sally out, but invested in the company instead. I also like that he didn't just jump ship, but was put in a position where he had to make a decision about his future, and he chose love and freedom. Maybe Thomas is too gung-ho about moving up the ladder and being CEO, but at the same time, I think he knows his shot is way down the road, and that is only if he walks the Forrester line as dictated by his father. So I can't fault him for stepping out on his own with the woman he loves. I think it is exciting and fresh and totally rootable. 

I guess I will be burning in hell because I am so glad that Maya's happiness is developing some chinks. When I think back to how awful she was to Alley, and how she never once apologized for it, I kind of go into a rage blackout. Rick too of course, but Maya was just the hanger on. The Mistress that was flaunted and should have been keeping her trap shut; instead she used it to harass all of Rick's family and those close to him. She still deserves her comeuppance, and if it has to be by the hands of Nicole so be it. I think RE is down with the whole Bitch Face thing. And I like that she is playing this passive/aggressive. That will only serve to further confuse Maya. Mama A looked like she was getting what Nicole was selling, but she also looked like she wasn't even going to go there. But you can rest assured Papa A will be all over it. And I will be good with that too. I wasn't invested in this SL at all, but now that it is turning back on Maya and Rick I am totally down for it. UNLESS.....it involves Sasha in any way. No one better be talking to her about sacrificing anything; she has spent her entire life sacrificing her happiness and sense of belonging and being loved. So there better not be any talk about giving anything up for Nicole. 

• Love 12
3 hours ago, Dream Boy said:

Okay, I'm already over this baby storyline. Nicole is coming off like a jealous psycho and her mother and father are doing her no favors. I do NOT want to see this mess on my tv screen. 

Despite my issues with a lot of Spectra 2.0, I really like Sally and Thomas together. May they triumph over Steffy the hag and Ridge the dull. 

Yeah, Nicole was acting like a little bitch on Monday's episode. I wish her parents would tell her to slow the hell down because she is too young and too newly married to be having children. If her stupid ass had listened before she wouldn't be in this situation. Also, the doctor said her eggs were probably still good so why not have a surrogate if necessary?  She is ridiculous.

Speaking of ridiculous, why does Katie think she is suddenly a jewelry designer whose work is fit for a couture fashion show? I want to punch her smug face. No one even asked her to design and she thinks she can compete with Quinn and Ivy, who have spent years honing their skills? And all this threatening of Quinn? What's her face is a really good actress, because Katie's venomous personality and demeanor are showing in her face. Her sense of entitlement is worse than Zende's.

I, too, like the idea of Thomas and Sally working together, but don't see them as real competitors to Forrester, which has been in the biz for generations. I'd rather it be a building themselves up by the boot straps, the trials and tribulations and succeeding kind of thing. I hope Thomas will design some nice clothes for Sally because her look is just awful and those clothes look like they came from a bad Goodwill. She should dress like a younger, edgier Quinn would instead of cheap and kind of wacko.

Tired of Saul mooning over Sally. She's not into you!

• Love 13

Yeah, that Katie is a piece of work alright. I see her getting killed and Quinn being blamed. The whole story will come out and Ivy will have to be a witness to the conflict between Quinn & Katie. 

• Love 6

Can someone please purchase Katie a large bag of "Shut the Hell Up!"?  She's all, "I've been designing jewelry for over 35 minutes now and this shit is good."

I think I'd rather watch Saul "swing and miss" with Sally 9,000 more times than see anymore Coco.  

I. Just. Don't. Care.

• Love 16
21 minutes ago, nasir jones said:

Can someone please purchase Katie a large bag of "Shut the Hell Up!"?  She's all, "I've been designing jewelry for over 35 minutes now and this shit is good."

Very funny. The woman is deluded.

• Love 11

Thomas, this time next year?  Don't they have to move a little faster than that?  I sure hope the $100,000 was for back rent and not $100,000 per month which is absolutely ridiculous. 

At at the point, I rather see Zende/Nicole and Rick/Maya than Katie. Watching Katie is like trying to pass a kidney stone.  Yes, Katie you know more than 2 woman who have run their own jewelry business.  Being married to Bill, Katie learned first hand that might makes right.  Go ahead tell Eric, piss everyone off just so you can crawl into Eric's bed because that would be your real end game.  Jewelry designing is just a means to stick it to Quinn. 

Wow that, Coco has only been at FC just a short time and the only thing she learned is to be as judgmental as the Foresters.  I feel that Coco is willing to put FC over her love for her sister.  Coco, you will be in for a rude awakening on  when you find out that Steffy's and Ridge's transgressions actually make Sally look like a saint.  

• Love 8

Well yes Sally's never tried to kill anyone. And she's never been a side person/tried to split up a relationship. Steffy and Ridge culminatively have done those like 70x so Princess should shut up. 

• Love 11
(edited)

After watching today something was nagging at me and I realized that the episode was full of competent, even good acting. I may not like Coco's attitude but could see more than one emotion on her face. I may not like Katie's deviousness at the moment but HT is going for it. Quinn and Ivy's reactions to Katie's jewelry was good - haven't we all had one of those moments at work? The worst part was Eric and that I blame on the writers for intentional plot stupidity/obliviousness.  

Sally's voice does get on my nerves sometimes though. Everything was so smooth today it really stood out how strident it can be.  ETA - when that's the biggest complaint I have about the show, the world seems very strange. :-) 

Edited by tessaray
  • Love 10
45 minutes ago, Gudzilla said:

I guess they might as well have Sasha marry Thorne, Deacon can perform the ceremony.

Who's taking photos for FC now ? Did Oliver sneak back in ?

Silly Wabbit, Oliver never left.  He was put in the basement with Thorne when Puffy murdered Aly

• Love 6