Type keyword(s) to search

B&B: What's Up Today at Forrester Creations? - Daily Chat

• Start Topic

Most of his nasty deeds involved being Stephanie 2.0 and meddling with Liam and Hope. He also was demonized for buying out FC when a series of bad decision left them scrambling to avoid bankruptcy and they got the money needed to the bank a half-hour late or something really stupid that would've be avoided if anyone ever planned anything.

Bill isn't so much a villain as he is a guy who calls it as he sees it, about everyone. Bill may have softened between marriage and fatherhood, but this being a complete pushover regarding the lack of respect Brooke showed at their wedding is so off the mark that I hope Don Diamont asked questions about this change. And by "ask questions," I mean ask for directions to Bell's favorite dispensery because that's some hella strong ass shit he's smoking.

Edited by Anna Yolei
  • Love 8
5 hours ago, Cupid Stunt said:

Their excuse is I can resist anything except temptation.*

*Quote from Oscar Wilde

Damn, I thought you were quoting Rush's Resist from the wonderful album Test for Echo!

24 minutes ago, Anna Yolei said:

Bill isn't so much a villain as he is a guy who calls it as he sees it, about everyone. Bill may have softened between marriage and fatherhood, but this being a complete pushover regarding the lack of respect Brooke showed at their wedding is so off the mark that I hope Don Diamont asked questions about this change. And by "ask questions," I mean ask for directions to Bell's favorite dispensery because that's some hella strong ass shit he's smoking.

To be honest, I can't see anyone getting over being treated like this by someone who claims to love them, let alone a guy like Bill (or should I say like Bill used to be written).

• Love 6

What in the fresh hell did I just watch? Was Quinn now trying to decide that Eric's too old for her? Eric is an artist and has raised kids, so in those aspects, he's Quinn's "peer." Is she trying to reclaim lost adolescence by crushing on Ridge? It also sounds like she's trying to justify having hate sex with Ridge. That web she tried to spin for Ivy made no sense. What angered me the most was when Quinn saw that Ivy wasn't understanding or buying that, she tried to equate her behavior towards Ridge with the way Ivy treated Wyatt. There is NO comparison. Yes. Ivy was a shit to lead Wyatt on and dally with Thomas but at least she owned it and broke up with Wyatt. Quinn is trying to have her cake and eat it too. She's trying to fool Eric and everybody else that she's "changed" and Eric's doting wife. Clearly, the other side of her wants to continue to indulge in her dark impulses. She can't have it both ways.

So now Ridge is owning up his baser instincts? Yeah, Brooke should feel wary and embarrassed but that's nothing to how her cheeks are going to flame when all of this sordid mess comes to pass.  Actually, Ridge gave Brooke several openings - albeit slight cracks -- to press further.  ("Do you still want to marry me?) I think he needed some gentle nudging along to figure out what he meant and how to communicate it.  But I think that once the gate was open he would have said just enough to further cloud the Quinn issue, then bailed and left Brooke even more confused but determined to try even harder to move the wedding ahead. (Same old cycle.) I want to feel sorry for Brooke but I don't. She walked back to that heel with her eyes wide open.

I see our girl Ivy is having none of that.  I can't wait to hear the exchange between Sludge and her tomorrow.

Yes! Brooke looked fabulous today, but I'm not a huge fan of her in black and white.  At least her hair looks somewhat better in the beachy waves but it's still way too long and yellow. Ivy slayed in that blue dress. Love it!  Even Quinn in her sweatpants of despair, rocked it.

• Love 9
6 minutes ago, grisgris said:

What in the fresh hell did I just watch? Was Quinn now trying to decide that Eric's too old for her? 

Whut :/ Ridge is hardly a spring chicken himself.

As you said, this is a hard sell. For all the obvious bullshit reasons, but the fact that we've tapped this well many times before with Eric's other wives. It helped that Brooke and even Donna to some extent could pass for an young ingenue, but with Quinn? Yeah, no. She'd be a grandmother herself if Hope hadn't decided that six inch heels were a great choice to wear on a hill in the second trimester,  so that pig don't fly here.

And while I wish Ivy got her own drama to be apart of, I'll take her dressing down Quinn over Steffy's high horse orLiam's....well, I guess he "won" over Wyatt so he doesn't give a shit about Eric anymore.

• Love 9

I tried as hard as I could today to follow what Quinn was trying to tell Ivy to explain her passionate kiss with Ridge. I was as confused as Ivy obviously was. That made absolutely no sense to me. I have a sneaking suspicion that Ivy is going to blackmail Ridge in some way. She was just too cutesy in the hallway talking to Brooke and taunting Ridge. She's in the power position now and will use it in some way. She loves her Uncle Eric but that's not enough to just let this go in order not to hurt him. She wants something and she's going to get it. And I say "Go Ivy". I do love that girl. 

• Love 9

Their excuse is I can resist anything except temptation.*

*Quote from Oscar Wilde

3 hours ago, ByTor said:

Damn, I thought you were quoting Rush's Resist from the wonderful album Test for Echo!

Geddy Lee, Alex Lifeson, and Neil Peart have used many English literature, historical and mythic allusions in their lyrics.

4 hours ago, Anna Yolei said:

3 hours ago, ByTor said:

To be honest, I can't see anyone getting over being treated like this by someone who claims to love them, let alone a guy like Bill (or should I say like Bill used to be written).

Brooke has pitted two men against each other -- to possess her, vying for her love -- for years. That $Bill is playing this same game with Brooke makes me wonder what kind of marriage he plans on having with Brooke. So far, Brooke has proven to be totally untrustworthy has had little input on any of her false start weddings with $Bill, and less about what kind of life she was going to have with him. I find $Bill pushing his agenda down everyone's throat, telling Brooke what is going to happen and trying to intimidate RJ into going along with their marriage wasn't an auspicious beginning for any relationship.

Brooke will definitely not be working at FC, because $Bill can't trust her with Ridge or any of the other Forrester's. He'll have to trump up some trivial position she can occupy at Spencer Publications (can't let Brooke outshine The Stallion) while she's schtupping him in his office mating stanchion. Brooke will be a willing resident at Castle Spencer, far from the Forrester's. RJ will have bi-monthly visits from the military academy $Bill finds for his main detractor; can't have that sullen little shit-head scowling across the dinner table, and can't have him living with Ridge, which would put Brooke in contact with her former DESTINY! It's not exactly like Brooke has defended Hope, Rick or RJ from $Bill's machinations and wrath, or her own selfishness. When it comes to Brooke's happiness, her children are expendable; ask Bridget about how dispensable she became over Brooke's chronic lack of boundaries.

Many have a rosy glow over $Bill's pursuit of Brooke, and I'll admit it's a diversion -- I have doubts that $Bill in a marriage with anyone is benign, nurturing and supportive, not when his ego has such sharp elbows. 

What can two narcissists sustain in a marriage other than grooming their vanity to the detriment to all others?

Edited by Cupid Stunt
  • Love 6
7 minutes ago, Cupid Stunt said:

What can two narcissists sustain in a marriage other than grooming their vanity to the detriment to all others?

I guess we'll find out if Liam and Steffy tie the knot in April....hey oh! ?

7 minutes ago, Cupid Stunt said:

Many have a rosy glow over $Bill's pursuit of Brooke,

I don't. If he was up against anyone else as a rival--Nick, Thorne, Dave, LDG, Stephanie's acceptance and approval--I would not root for his ass. Even now, I'm very begrudgingly on Team Bill because he is considerably less bad than Ridge has been. But I guess it's too much to expect or allow her the opportunity to move on to a new man that hasn't made it his second job to torture one daughter and to embarrass your son  (AFTER dating her!) for ratings. Or to give another chance to a man that hasn't stomped all over you. Looking at you, Thorne.

• Love 5
8 hours ago, grisgris said:

What angered me the most was when Quinn saw that Ivy wasn't understanding or buying that, she tried to equate her behavior towards Ridge with the way Ivy treated Wyatt. There is NO comparison. Yes. Ivy was a shit to lead Wyatt on and dally with Thomas but at least she owned it and broke up with Wyatt.

And at least Ivy wasn't married to Wyatt.

8 hours ago, Anna Yolei said:

Whut :/ Ridge is hardly a spring chicken himself.

I'm guessing Quinn is around 48 (I thought she was 18 when she had Wyatt, and I'm assuming Wyatt is about 30, plus Rena Sofer is 48) and I'll guess Eric's age as John McCook's age of 72 (I thought he was in college when Stephanie got pregnant, so I'm guessing 20-21, and I guess Ridge is early 50s, which would put him in his early 20s when B&B started).  So I think Ridge is supposed to be a contemporary of Quinn's, and while a 24 year age difference isn't that bad, it is a much bigger difference.  I can say this...I'm 48 and wouldn't be interested in a man that age.

4 hours ago, Cupid Stunt said:

It's not exactly like Brooke has defended Hope, Rick or RJ from $Bill's machinations and wrath

Well, RJ is a little shit who needs to be put in his place by someone, and come to think of it so is Rick.  But yes, even though I like Bill & Brooke together, it always bothered me that Brooke could be with someone who was so horrible to Hope.

4 hours ago, Cupid Stunt said:

Geddy Lee, Alex Lifeson, and Neil Peart have used many English literature, historical and mythic allusions in their lyrics.

Well, technically, Neil, he's the lyricist :)

Good one! :)

I don't. If he was up against anyone else as a rival--Nick, Thorne, Dave, LDG, Stephanie's acceptance and approval--I would not root for his ass.

Especially LDG!

• Love 7

So, Ivy is back to her natural Australian accent? Good. 

I have no idea what Quinn was talking about. At one point it appeared she may be trying to shift blame to Ridge by asking if he was playing a game of cat and mouse. At other times, it seemed she was trying to make Ivy understand her lack of experience in the love arena, and how she is trying to learn to control her darker desires and impulses. But, Ivy wasn't having it. What I don't want to see is another Ivy blackmail SL, particularly one that involves Ridge and Quinn. I really don't know what I want to see, but I know that isn't it. 

Really Brooke? If my fiance said those things to me it would be waaaayyy past red flags; every alarm, siren, bell, and railroad crossing would be screaming in my head that something stinks in Bell LA. And Ridge did everything but blurt it all out in his efforts to pique Brooke's interest. I don't believe for one minute Ridge wants to marry Brooke; he may love her, or love what she has been to him over the years, but I don't think he really wants to marry her. At the same time, I don't think what he is feeling for Quinn is traditional either. I have seen Ridge fight his desires for Brooke and Taylor over the years, but this is very, very, different. Of course, the fact that it is TK has something to do with that, but it feels like Ridge is fighting hard to avoid the inevitable; like he really doesn't want to be with Quinn, but something about her is pulling him there all the same. 

Brooke looked so good today; and KKL can still rock the lingerie with the best of them. 

Having Quinn and Ivy in the same scene looking so smoking hot almost requires sunglasses. All that dark hair and blazing blue eyes!

Edited by RuntheTable
  • Love 9

Recap for Fri. 2//17/17:

At the Forrester mansion, Ridge is looking for his keys when Ivy comes upon him. Um, couldn't he have put them in his jacket pocket or something?

Ivy, who was out of town until just then, asks about the wedding. 

Ridge: "It was great. It was really cool. Now I got to go and deal with Brooke. She's not feeling well." He has to go deal with Brooke? Oh, if she were only here to hear him. As if she's some chore or something. 

He asks if she's seen Eric and she tells him she hasn't. Quinn enters then and tells Ridge he's taking a shower and then he'll be off to bed. How convenient for the two of you.

Ivy gets a phone call from her father to ensure she's arrived home safely (aww) and makes a hasty exit.

Ridge tells her he thought she'd be upstairs with his father already and she says she was thinking of doing just that - so why don't you Quinn? But no...apparently she'd rather linger downstairs with her husband's son. 

Brooke, who is looking gorgeous in a blue robe, is startled by Bill, who's there to make her all better with his cold remedy - steak and eggs. I'll take that breakfast and I'm not even sick. 

Zende: "You sure you're okay with this? My bedroom on our wedding night instead of some five-star hotel?" Hmm...let me think.

Nicole: "Who needs five stars when I have my wonderful, amazing husband? That's all I need. Besides, it is fitting. I mean, this is where we first..." Yes and it's where he and Sasha first...before you and he first... But I'm sure he, correction, the staff, changed the sheets first.

They talk about the honeymoon and zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz....

Bill tells Brooke he's sorry she's sick (although she looks fabulous to me) and that she had to miss the wedding because of it. 

Brooke reasons that at least Bill went and could give Nicole and Zende her best wishes.

Bill: "Poor Ridge. He had to go to the wedding all by his lonesome." And eyefuck his stepmother all day...poor Ridge indeed.

She tells Bill that it was nice for him to stop by but that he really should go since Ridge is gonna be home any minute now. No, he's not, Brooke.

Bill: "Yeah, where is he, anyway? Better yet, who's he with?" That's the million dollar question, isn't it, $ Bill?

Brooke: "He called and asked if he could stay at Eric's a little while longer. He wanted to make sure everything was taken care of after the wedding." Since when would Ridge give two hoots about that? 

Bill wants to know if everyone was on their best behavior and Brooke knows he's really curious about one person in particular, Quinn, and handwaves it off as a very unique, complicated relationship. 

Ridge sees that Quinn didn't waste any time getting her portrait back up there and she starts to explain and then stops, asking why she's explaining things to him?

Ridge:"I don't know, maybe because I can under your skin more than anybody else." Like an itch he can't scratch, I suppose. Seriously, just fuck each other and get it out of your system already.

She calls him out for his flimsy excuse of helping out afterwards and then says, "I'll tell you how you can help. At the wedding, the reception afterwards -- the way you were looking at me? Don't look at me like that again."

She is lying through her teeth here and he knows it.

Nicole/Zende...zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz....

Bill tells Brooke he was hoping the wedding would give her some ideas. 

Brooke:"You mean what kind of wedding I want to have with Ridge?"

Bil, disgusted," No. Cold feet." Brooke's sigh is her only response "How many times have you two actually said wedding vows only to have it completely fall apart? (I've lost count). The marriage either declared invalid or an annulment or there's a divorce... doesn't that tell you something?" It should but this is Brooke Destiny Logan he's talking to.

Brooke: "You never give up, do you?"

Bill: "Not when I see the woman I love headed for another disastrous marriage to a man whose promises mean nothing. Zero! Zip!" And while it does bug me that Bill is still chasing after Brooke when she clearly doesn't deserve him, $ Bill isn't a man to walk away from something he truly wants that easily. 

Brooke begs him to stop telling her the truth about her waffling fiance.

Bill: "Okay! All right, I won't go off on Forrester. You know, even though there are people out there that think that you and that imposter will be the next marriage, I don't. I'm convinced that you will be mine. You should face it, Brooke. You already are." And I do believe she is truly in love with him, but is determine to make a go at Destiny #12.

Quinn is grilling Ridge about the long looks he was giving her and really, Quinn? You were looking right back at him. 

She ups the ante by asking, "You still think about it, don't you?"

Ridge, knowing exactly what "it" is, "Think about what?"

Quinn, clearly frustrated in more ways than one, "San Francisco. The conference."

Ridge, still playing his game: "I thought we were talking about the wedding. What just happened?"

Quinn: "No. Something more happened there. More than business. You know what I'm talking about."

Ridge: "Let's just pretend that I don't know. What are you talking about?"

Quinn, sighing, "The kiss."

Ridge, "The kiss. What about it?" Oh don't pretend you haven't been playing it back in your mind for weeks now, Ridge.

Quinn: "It never should have happened." No, it should not have.

Ridge: "And it's never gonna happen again." Oh but it will...by the end of this very episode, I'm betting.

Brooke asks Bill if "moving on" means anything to him.

Bill: "Not when it comes to you and me."

Brooke: "Bill. We had our chance. We had many chances, as a matter of fact, and we never made it to the part where the minister pronounced us husband and wife." Because you were a blooming idiot both times - letting yourself be dragged off by Ridge in Dubai and then letting him camp out in the bridal room for take two. 

Bill: "Right, and I blame Forrester for that. Okay, and myself! And myself. All right? This last time, I screwed up, let my damn ego get in the way. But I learned my lesson. Not Forrester. Never has, never will. He will leave you for another woman, just like he has before. Taylor's just one example." For Bill to admit his own mistake in letting Ridge get the best of him is huge...he played right into his hands with calling off the wedding. I agreed with him calling it off but he played into Ridge's hands nonetheless.

Brooke, exasperated, "That's all in the past!" Why so defensive, Brooke?

Bill: "Really?" He knows better.

Brooke: "Geez!" Her back is up because she knows he's right.

Bill: "Oh, come on, Brooke. Face it. The guy is who he is. He can't help himself when it comes to you and other women!" Oh he can help himself, he just chooses not to and the women in his life allow it. 

Brooke: "You can hardly be objective about Ridge any more than he can be objective about you!"

Bill: "I'm being completely objective! If past is prologue, the guy's gonna do what he's done 1,000 times before." He knows it and she knows it - it's just a matter of when, not if.

Brooke again recites the destiny rides again refrain and you can tell she's not so sure anymore.

Ridge compares kissing Quinn to kissing a lamppost in the middle of the winter.

Tongue-on-Poll.jpg

Quinn fishes for a compliment and Ridge tells her he doesn't want her making "goo-goo eyes" at him because "it's weird." Oh-kay.

Quinn challenges him, asking "Wow, do you think every woman wants you? Just one kiss, and they're under your spell forever?" That's exactly how he thinks and so far, pretty much every woman has proven that theory correct, including you, Quinn.

Ridge hisses for her to keep her voice down, what with Eric upstairs and all. Why not just go, Ridge? Cut the flirty banter and go home to your sick fiance.

Quinn: "Yet, here you are, standing in my home, scolding me. What are you gonna do next, Ridge? You gonna put me over your knee and spank me?" Is she for fucking real with this?

Ridge: "Is that on the table?" What wouldn't be on the table, Ridge?

Quinn: "So this is how you repay me, huh? For making you co-CEO. Give me a hard time? I thought you appreciated how I supported you kept our dirty little secret." The innuendos...they just keep coming one after and another...oh...wait.

Ridge: "I do appreciate it. I've been very grateful, I think." 

Quinn: "Well, why don't you show me a little more gratitude and tell me why you stayed behind, paid the caterers, made sure everybody was taken care of and left. It was to see me, wasn't it?" I think we all know what exactly what Quinn wants in the way of gratitude.

Zende is mumbling about his snoring...and I'm shocked Nicole is still awake. 

Bill: "You know it's killing me, you in that robe, with everything underneath it..." That he's seen and touched before...

Brooke pleads with him to stop, insisting she has complete faith in Ridge. Completely misguided and undeserved faith. 

Bill: "Because he's your destiny?" Oh, the snark and derision there.

Brooke: "I know you don't like hearing that." None of us like hearing it, Brooke.

Bill: "You know what I don't like? I don't like that it's your automatic go-to response every time you think of you and Ridge, like there's some cosmic force still ordaining that you two be together. Well, I'm not convinced. You want to talk about destiny? It's the life that you and I are going to share. The only destiny I believe in is you and me." And that's why he's still here, fighting for her, fighting for them when it was so easy for him to walk away from Katie, mother of his child or not.

Ridge tells Quinn he loves Brooke more than anything. Riiiiggght.

Quinn insists she feels the same about Eric. She does wonder though if he and his "precious Logan" are going to make it down the aisle before Liam and Steffy do.

He calls her out on it bothering her for him to remarry Brooke.

Quinn: "That's just your ego talking again. Although I will admit that there is part of me that is attracted to danger and the dark side."

Ridge: "Meaning what?"

Quinn: "Meaning what's most toxic and wrong in my life is what appeals to me the most. And I try to not go that way, but sometimes I can't help it. Your father is the exact opposite. He's everything that's good and right in this world. And I try to follow his lead, but no matter how hard I try, I think there's a darkness in me. I know you know what I'm talking about. You're the dark prince. Whether it's all that Marone blood running through your veins or something else, you and I, we're a lot alike. We like living on the edge, the temptation of the forbidden fruit. But we know better now, don't we?" And I think she hit on it right there - I don't think either one of them have true feelings of the heart for one another. I think it's more they don't like or love themselves all that much, deep down, where no one else can see it, and so when something good and pure and true comes along, they don't know what to do with it, so they seek to destroy it before they are destroyed by it. Unwilling to trust that what they have is real and right. They self-sabotage but the only problem is they won't be the sole victims. Eric, Brooke, they'll be collateral damage. 

Ridge, looking to flee before she draws him in more, tells her he can't find his keys, but he's going to order a car and go home to Brooke.

Quinn counters she's going to go upstairs to her husband and bids him good night.

He leaves and Quinn, of course, finds his keys and goes chasing after him.

She hands the keys to him...their hands touch.

Ridge pulls her to him and they do what they've wanted to do for weeks now and kiss.

bb-02-17-17-4.jpg

Ridge walks away and Quinn is standing there, touching her lips as if in shock (and come on - you knew good and well this was going to happen so don't play the coquette with me, sister!)

She turns and WHACK! Ivy slaps the taste out of her mouth. Give it to her, Ivy!

Ivy, fury in her blue eyes, "How DARE you?"

Ivy-Quinn-slap-BB-CD.jpg

Edited by CountryGirl
  • Love 6

Ivy can blow up Quinn and Ridge and be hypocritical about relationships, but I still love her.  Steffy's hooks were not quite into Liam but Ivy did get Liam to marry her because she was facing deportation.  Ivy was still with Wyatt, when she accepted Thomas' advances. 

Didn't I see Steffy's hair do at the Westminster Dod Show and I'm not talking about the handlers either. 

We are rid of "we were robbed" for now but now we have to endure "I was passed over" every day. Thomas, Passover is not until April 10th. 

• Love 11

Neither were those weird braids that Sally had on the right side of her head. At first, I thought she'd gone Kelly Osbourne on us and shaved half of her head!  It looked like she was trying to give herself an insta-lift on half of her face.

I am eagerly awaiting the writers to "My Fair Lady" Sally. The bizarro outfits and crazy styling are starting to get old.  It's obvious that she's going to clean up well!  I've mentioned this before but what is so weird is that Sally's clothes are easily the most expensive of any of the cast (according to wornontv.com) They're ugly/weird enough as stand alone; it's the hideous OTT accessorizing that makes your head swivel (at least you remember them ...)

Steffy's daily parade 'o weaves is equally mind-boggling. Without spoiling, I saw the preview for today and we're in for a real "treat" with her latest coif.  All I will say is that it looks like she's trying to channel a style icon's role in a classic movie. YOU be the judge! LOL!

• Love 6

Monday's episode didn't record so I'm skipping that recap and moving to Tuesday's instead...

Recap for Tues. 2/21/17:

At FC, Ridge is looking decidedly uncomfortable as Ivy eyes him closely, then turns her focus back to Brooke. 

Brooke: "You have something to tell me?"

Ivy: "Yeah. I was gonna get into it with Ridge first."

Ridge: "Well, I have time now. Come on."

Ivy: "Oh, it's just Brooke is here, so I'm thinking maybe I should just talk to you both."

Brooke, seeing no reason to object, "Okay."

Ridge, arguing, desperate, "She was on her way out."

Brooke: "Well, I can wait if it's important."

Ivy: "Yeah. It is. You know, why don't we talk in the office? Well, I know that you guys have been thinking about getting married, but, Brooke, I think there are some things that you need to know before you start making plans." Is that sweat breaking out on your greasy-looking forehead, Ridge? He cleans up nicely for weddings but today, he's back to looking like a scruffy hobo again.

Steffy is earning her keep by critiquing Thomas' designs. He's super-thrilled to get the feedback. Speaking of critiques, sweet Mother of God, what the hell is going on with her hair? 

Steffy.jpg.bb17a53e7c05f99230bf0c59db492c09.jpg

Steffy just wants him to get over his temper tantrum over being passed over for CEO already and get "on board." I don't see that happening any time soon, dear.

Sally, Saul, and Darlita are chatting about Sally's latest publicity stunt and she shrugs off their concerns but saying that "sometimes, you have to sacrifice a little pride for the attention for your business," calling the stunt, "exactly the type of shocking viral-worthy moment I was hoping for." Sally's hair is back to being weird and again, have funky clothes or hair, not both. It's just too much. She was far cuter in her plain Jane catering uniform.

At SP, Bill is meeting with fashion reporter Jarrett and essentially demands that he attend the Spectra fashion preview. Jarrett looks horrifed.

Pam mercifully interrupts the sparring between Steffy and Thomas, showing them the video of Steffy body-slamming Sally's face into Grams' cake. Thomas laughs and clearly, it's perfect timing for him. Steffy scoffs that Sally "is insane." And getting the best of you, that's for sure.

Saul is grousing about how they're not ready for a preview as the showroom is a disaster area. Sally counters that they can do the show there, in the office.

She learns only three invitees are attending - herself, Darlita and Grams. Saul is only a "maybe." Oh, Saul!

Jarrett and Bill argue some more about him attending the preview. I think we all know how this one is going to go.

Ivy is playing very coy with Ridge and I find it highly enjoyable that he just has to stand there like the chump he is.

Ridge-quiets-Ivy-BB-HW.jpg

Ivy: "Brooke, there are some things that you don't know."

Ridge: "It doesn't really sound like this is about work."

Ivy: "Oh, you know it's not." Her eyes like blue lasers on his. Brooke is picking up some sort of vibe but she's not sure what exactly.

Brooke: "I'd like to hear what she has to say. What is it, Ivy? What do you want to tell me?"

Much to Steffy's chagrin, Pam keeps playing the video. Thomas reminds a grouchy Steffy that Sally is the one who ended up with cake on her face and that was a publicity stunt..."it does not make us enemies." Oh, in Puffy's eyes, it does.

Sally is still reeling from the news that no one is attending when Darlita adds insult to injury by announcing Shifty the Loan Shark is on the phone. She is forced to speak with him and gives a lot of false bravado about what a success the collection will be and that he'll get his money.

She is looking very worried.

Bill tells Jarrett he wants the SF building so he can tear it down and build a new SP building in its place. He needs Sally to fail to make the deal with CJ happen. You leave my Sally alone, Bill! I'm still hoping that his plan backfires and that there is interest in her fashions and he comes around to the idea of being a silent partner with SF and they compete with FC as a viable competitor. Another way for him to stick it to the dressmaker.

Ivy, toying with Ridge now, "Well, then it's a good thing that I ran into you both, then, while you still have some options."

Brooke: "I'm not following. This has something to do with our wedding?" In the sense that it's never going to happen, yes, Brooke.

Ivy: "Yeah, well, Ridge thinks he can control everything because Ridge knows best, but, um, as it turns out, I know some things, too." A pointed look at a squirming, twitchy Ridge. "Because I'm Australian. So I thought that maybe I could give you the insider's point of view if you're really considering getting married there."

Brooke: "Right. You were mentioning..."

Ridge, playing along, on unsure footing here, "Australia, yes."

Ivy: "Yeah. Well, Liam and Steffy are thinking about getting married there, so I thought if you two were serious about tying the knot, well, then why don't you guys double up?"

A challenge...a "you better get married and keep away from Quinn and stop hurting my Uncle Eric or else" defiance is in Ivy's eyes.

Brooke appreciates Ivy's thoughts but exits to get some work done. 

The moment the door closes, Ridge is all snarling and angry.

Ridge: "What do you think you're doing?"

Ivy: "What am I doing? What are you doing, Ridge? You and Quinn?" At his "oh fuck" look, "I saw you, Ridge. I saw you and Quinn outside the house -- Eric's house. I mean, he was right upstairs. What were you thinking? You know how much your father loves Quinn. And you're engaged to Brooke!" Some might call Ivy a wee bit hypocritical here considering the Thomas stunt while she was dating Wyatt, but I'm giving her a pass here and no, I'm not even going to discuss the fibbing about her visa status to keep her marriage to Liam going for a few more days since Liam did her wrong first and she came clean pretty quickly IIRC. The Ivy/Thomas thing was (aside from the ick factor since they are legally cousins) was a lapse in judgment and, quite frankly, came off more as Thomas preying upon her (huh...imagine that). Ridge has a long, checkered history of doing this very thing. Apples and oranges.

Ridge warns her to back off.

Ivy wants to know what's his motivation here? To get back at Eric?

Ridge: "I'm committed to Brooke."

Ivy: "See, it didn't look like that when you were kissing your father's wife." Burrrn.

Steffy goes back to critiquing Thomas' designs and he's not in the mood for her "constructive criticism." 

Thomas, irritated, questions why she is even using his designs, since he's just a "grunt." Aww, are your diamond loafers without socks too tight, Thomas?

Bill changes Jarrett's RSVP to indicate he will be there. Jarrett is horrified.

Darlita is delighted to get Jarrett's text indicating he WILL be there. 

She, Sally, and Saul do cute little happy dances. 

Bill tells Jarrett to "sink Spectra." 

Ridge: "You're blowing this way out of proportion. It's not what you think." Oh really?

Ivy: "See, it wasn't just a kiss, was it, Ridge? I know it wasn't the first incident. I know about the shower. I know about the steam room. Quinn is saying that you two aren't having an affair." The only thing Ivy doesn't know about is San Francisco - yet.

Ridge: "We're not having an affair." Sharing secrets, sharing kisses...if it looks like a duck.

Ivy: "Do you really think that this kiss isn't a betrayal?"

Ridge: "I'm committed to Brooke. And I know what Quinn's doing. You know, maybe she got a crush on me. Who knows? It's harmless." Harmless? It has the power to destroy the entire family and he calls it "harmless?"

Ivy: "You don't have any feelings for her?"

Ridge: "Everyone in this building knows how I feel about Quinn." Everyone knows your feelings have done a 180.

Ivy: "You say that, but is there something else going on?"

Ridge: "Ivy, I appreciate what you're doing. I appreciate that you're concerned for my dad, concerned for Brooke. I know how much you love my father and how much-"

Ivy, cutting him off, "I do. I don't want to see him get hurt, or Quinn or Brooke." And you can see she really does care about them. While Ridge...he couldn't care less.

Ridge: "There's nothing going on between me and Quinn."

Ivy: "Really? Because from what I saw-"

Ridge: "What you saw was a couple of people being stupid. It didn't mean anything. You want to go talk to my dad about that? We're finally getting the family back together. And you want to be the one that breaks us up?" Oh fuck off with that nonsense, Ridge. If the family is broken up because of you and Quinn and your cheating? That's 100% on the two of them. Not Ivy. 

Ivy, capitulating, "Okay, fine. I won't say anything for now. But just know that I'm watching you and Quinn." And now Ivy is a conspirator, willing or not, in their betrayal of Eric and Brooke. 

Thomas continues to whine about working for his little sister, being passed over and folks here are right - "passed over" is quickly becoming the new "we wuz wobbed!" He tells Steffy if she doesn't like his designs, "don't use them. Don't care." 

Sally, Saul, and Darlita are still on the high of Jarrett RSVPing "yes." 

And it's sad because they're so excited and they have no idea he's only coming at the behest of Bill. 

Jarrett is still trying to argue his way out of this, insisting SF will fail all on its own but Bill wants it to fail NOW! Dammit, Bill, don't make me dislike you again!

Bill wants that property and won't be swayed from it, even if it means "Spectra Fashions is gonna be wiped off the map."

• Love 4

This is the first I think Jarred's had this much focus in forever, no? I'd actually kinda forgotten he existed.

Meanwhile, Thomas' "I wuz wobbed " mantra is getting old. Eric gave Ridge and the other designers critiques, as did Brooke. And "Little sister"? As close together as they were born, he, Steffy and Phoebe could've been Irish triplets. Not that it matters when they're both so damn unqualified for everything.

• Love 3
41 minutes ago, sugarbaker design said:

Starting to get old?  She's been on a mere 4 weeks.  Brooke pining over her destiny with Ridge for 30 years, now that's old.

That is HYSTERICAL!! I mean, really?!?!? I've been watching since Day 1 and it is old. Although, with TK playing the role it doesn't bother me as much because he isn't Ridge. Good or (mostly) Bad there is only one Ridge. That's Ronn Moss.

• Love 5

I'm sure Pebbles Flintstone is pissed that Steffy has copied her hair style. The only thing missing was the bone.  

I'm going out on a limb, but I actually likes Sally's designs. Well except the black one with the feathers.  It was Jean-Paul Gaultier meets Picasso. It was true to Sally's personality. 

• Love 6
27 minutes ago, Waldo13 said:

I'm sure Pebbles Flintstone is pissed that Steffy has copied her hair style. The only thing missing was the bone.  

I'm going out on a limb, but I actually likes Sally's designs. Well except the black one with the feathers.  It was Jean-Paul Gaultier meets Picasso. It was true to Sally's personality. 

And Sally was dressed in Fred Flintstones' clothes.

Steffy-Thomas-speculation-BB-HW-300x175.jpg

• Love 1
44 minutes ago, Pickles said:

I really cannot get interested in Sally Spectra. I thought all of her dress designs today were pretty hideous. 

I totally agree. I was on board for this fashion rivalry but am very disappointed. They've turned what could have been a gem of a story line into a farce. I don't mind a bit of eccentricity but they've gone too far and Sally's talent is wanting.

• Love 7

I liked original Darla, Darlita not so much. Less is more with her. 

Sallys one dress with the feathered ruff collar was nice. I was expecting things more suited to her daily style which seems to be mixed patterns with sharp lines with fussy old timey hair and jewelry. I like her style and think she's very pretty. 

Why was Janice Dickinson there giving Thomas shit instead of attending the fashion show? 

• Love 5
4 hours ago, Waldo13 said:

All but one gown had good bones; the preview pieces needed serious editing.

Red gown: remove or replace herringbone shoulder bow with same fabric as dress, and get rid of the marabou trim on the skirt.

Foil and black sheer gown: It burns to look at it directly. Abandon hope ... hideous. Sheer, unlined dresses need to disappear.

Turquoise peplum and black tulle mermaid gown: I would wear the turquoise peplum alone -- If it's a full black tulle gown, wear that separately; tulle mermaid gowns are a tired trend.

Mustard Yellow Show Stopper: Take off all the frippery, feathers and trim, and there's a dress under all that crap. Mustard yellow is not a very accessible color for the general public.

• Love 8

Apparently, we've moved on from Steffy, Liam, Wyatt repeating over and over and over ad nauseum the same words to Thomas and Steffy repeating over and over and over ad nauseum the same words.Who writes this crap? Are they actually paid to do this? We get it! Thomas is unhappy with Steffy being CEO, he'll move on over to Spectra Fashions, he and NewSally will have an affair, he'll design for her and compete with his family. Nothing new here, move it along. B.o.r.i.n.g. Did the writers always beat us over the heads with the same story/plot lines/words for months on end or have I forgotten the old soaps which seemed kind of interesting? 

• Love 3

Yep. ITA with CupidStunt's postmortem of Sally's dresses.  The dresses had some decent basic building blocks but the excessive trim and embellishments ruined them.  Jerrod's practiced eye obviously picked up on that.   The predictable outcome will be that Jerrod's spine will shrink back into his body after making a brief appearance and he'll write the critical review as ordered. Sally will be devastated and Thomas will try to comfort her.  He'll magically tear away the fussy frou-frou from Sally's collection and it will dazzle.  Steffy will find out that he'd crossed enemy lines and raise hell. That will be what finally pushes him to take his crayons and go elsewhere -- straight to Spectra!

What would have been more interesting would have been if Bill had sent Liam to actually do some work and cover Sally's show under the same directions. Liam, of course, would feel sorry for Sally and decide that she needed rescuing and write a nice piece about her meager collection. Steffy and Bill will be furious and WWIII will break loose, not before Thomas has made up his mind to jump ship.

Also, why did Nosy Parker drop by Bill's office? I didn't think that she would have the time (or interest) to randomly drop by to visit him now that she's got her sights set on Eric. Maybe we were supposed to assume that she was either in the building to drop-off or pick-up Will.  I thought perhaps it was to plant the seeds that Sally might actually have something to offer the fashion world and Bill would get the idea to inject her struggling operation with a massive amount of cash to stick it to Ridge.  Or, it would also be a place for Katie to invest some of the $50 million divorce settlement and would have similar fall-out only she won't risk doing that if it would stand to jeopardize anything between Eric and her. I wish the writers would just abruptly drop that far-fetched relationship and give Katie something worthwhile to do than be a busy-body.

Steffy looked ridiculous today and yes, she should have been wearing Sally's outfit instead.  Steffy would have to shorten it to thigh-high though and add a chain mail bunny tail on the bum.  JMW's face had that super-puffy shiny look today like she's had fresh work done. So I wonder if she cut her own hair into bangs as a distraction or if they were a hairpiece. Can the woman NOT wear anything that's not short, skin-tight, black and trimmed in either metal or leather? Today's dress had an exposed gold zipper up the back of the neck only it was short.

• Love 9
On ‎2‎/‎20‎/‎2017 at 11:43 PM, Cupid Stunt said:

On ‎2‎/‎20‎/‎2017 at 11:58 PM, Anna Yolei said:

Good One!

; )

I figure the Australian wedding trip will be a non-stop Narcissist's Convention.

On ‎2‎/‎20‎/‎2017 at 11:43 PM, Cupid Stunt said:

Many have a rosy glow over $Bill's pursuit of Brooke

On ‎2‎/‎20‎/‎2017 at 11:58 PM, Anna Yolei said:

I don't. If he was up against anyone else as a rival--Nick, Thorne, Dave, LDG, Stephanie's acceptance and approval--I would not root for his ass. Even now, I'm very begrudgingly on Team Bill because he is considerably less bad than Ridge has been. But I guess it's too much to expect or allow her the opportunity to move on to a new man that hasn't made it his second job to torture one daughter and to embarrass your son  (AFTER dating her!) for ratings. Or to give another chance to a man that hasn't stomped all over you. Looking at you, Thorne.

Since TIIC are going to ruin Eric and Quinn, I'll be left with no one to root for again.

• Love 3
1 hour ago, Cupid Stunt said:

All but one gown had good bones; the preview pieces needed serious editing.

Red gown: remove or replace herringbone shoulder bow with same fabric as dress, and get rid of the marabou trim on the skirt.

Foil and black sheer gown: It burns to look at it directly. Abandon hope ... hideous. Sheer, unlined dresses need to disappear.

Turquoise peplum and black tulle mermaid gown: I would wear the turquoise peplum alone -- If it's a full black tulle gown, wear that separately; tulle mermaid gowns are a tired trend.

Mustard Yellow Show Stopper: Take off all the frippery, feathers and trim, and there's a dress under all that crap. Mustard yellow is not a very accessible color for the general public.

I agree about the dresses.  Underneath the over-embellishment, there were some really beautiful designs.  Take that horrid shoulder bow and the trim off the red dress and you've got an Oscar night showstopper.  It fit the model like a glove and looked amazing on her.

I didn't care as much for the other dresses but there were some good ideas.  The yellow dress needed to lose all the crap on it.  The colour didn't work on the model that wore it but I think it would have been amazing on the Black model.

• Love 4
29 minutes ago, grisgris said:

Yep. ITA with CupidStunt's postmortem of Sally's dresses.  The dresses had some decent basic building blocks but the excessive trim and embellishments ruined them.  Jerrod's practiced eye obviously picked up on that.   The predictable outcome will be that Jerrod's spine will shrink back into his body after making a brief appearance and he'll write the critical review as ordered. Sally will be devastated and Thomas will try to comfort her.  He'll magically tear away the fussy frou-frou from Sally's collection and it will dazzle.  Steffy will find out that he'd crossed enemy lines and raise hell. That will be what finally pushes him to take his crayons and go elsewhere -- straight to Spectra!

What would have been more interesting would have been if Bill had sent Liam to actually do some work and cover Sally's show under the same directions. Liam, of course, would feel sorry for Sally and decide that she needed rescuing and write a nice piece about her meager collection. Steffy and Bill will be furious and WWIII will break loose, not before Thomas has made up his mind to jump ship.

Also, why did Nosy Parker drop by Bill's office? I didn't think that she would have the time (or interest) to randomly drop by to visit him now that she's got her sights set on Eric. Maybe we were supposed to assume that she was either in the building to drop-off or pick-up Will.  I thought perhaps it was to plant the seeds that Sally might actually have something to offer the fashion world and Bill would get the idea to inject her struggling operation with a massive amount of cash to stick it to Ridge.  Or, it would also be a place for Katie to invest some of the $50 million divorce settlement and would have similar fall-out only she won't risk doing that if it would stand to jeopardize anything between Eric and her. I wish the writers would just abruptly drop that far-fetched relationship and give Katie something worthwhile to do than be a busy-body.

Steffy looked ridiculous today and yes, she should have been wearing Sally's outfit instead.  Steffy would have to shorten it to thigh-high though and add a chain mail bunny tail on the bum.  JMW's face had that super-puffy shiny look today like she's had fresh work done. So I wonder if she cut her own hair into bangs as a distraction or if they were a hairpiece. Can the woman NOT wear anything that's not short, skin-tight, black and trimmed in either metal or leather? Today's dress had an exposed gold zipper up the back of the neck only it was short.

At this point, Katie is truly Mrs. Kravitz.  It was confirmed when she showed up with the forty year old Ridge soccer ball that all gardeners had somehow missed.  And of course all of her gossipy mean girl talk to, well, everyone.

• Love 6
On 2/22/2017 at 5:22 PM, grisgris said:

And then Waffles would fall for her, because rescuing women is like catnip to him, only to break her heart after Steffy moved onto Wyatt or Hope returned from Paris or Ivy hooked up with Saul or something.

I've thrown plenty of shade at Thomas the past year, and while I haven't entirely forgotten The Misunderstanding(tm), I'd rather see him get some redemption and shown in the first healthy, non-creep relationship he's had since Gabby about two Thomases ago than anything even approaching yet another disposable love interest for Ridge Forrester 2.0. I'm just putting that out there for the CBS plant that is obviously reading this board (and seriously, thank you for Eric dressing Liam down a while back). Let Steam be married without stupid technicalities for six months, *then* split them up. And leave Sally alone! :p

On 2/22/2017 at 5:22 PM, grisgris said:

Can the woman NOT wear anything that's not short, skin-tight, black and trimmed in either metal or leather? Today's dress had an exposed gold zipper up the back of the neck only it was short.

For real, does she get to pick her own wardrobe and hair styles? If so, WTF? Ronn Moss's clothing choices were....unique, but I never knew about that until looking it up online.

Edited by Anna Yolei
  • Love 6

One day I tune in and see Steffy's hair and can only think about zip files, the next all can think about is cartoons, because she absolutely looked like Pepples (thank you Waldo13!). I kept thinking she looked like some sort of dark Tinkerbell or some jacked up Anime, but for sure, she was channeling her inner Flintstone. 

I can't believe how actual butt hurt Thomas is over Fauxdilok's getting the job, but I guess when you have had Ridge as a dad and Rick as an Uncle, that is all you know. 

I hate this Bill. Wanting to stomp on someone and destroy their dreams so you can put up an ugly building? And really, I find it hard to believe that in the whole of LA there is not another suitable location to build. I think it is more about CJ pulling out on Bill, but it is like Judge Judy always says, "Get it in writing! Verbal agreements mean nothing." And wanting Jarrett to violate his professional ethics pisses me off too; threatening Jarrett with his job if he doesn't even more so.

I floved all of it! The schmooze, the pig's in blankets, the dresses; it was all so Spectra. I have seen plenty of real designer's stuff that is far, far worse than anything Sally designed. So, here is my call on this; Nosey Parker didn't come calling without a purpose. I keep thinking about her pitch to Bill; Steffy against Sally, the old Forrester/Spectra rivalry, and Bill being steadfastly against it. I also have not forgotten that Katie was all about a new design house for Wyatt, and I don't get the feeling that Wyatt is all that happy working back at SP's. I think Nosey will approach Wyatt about throwing in with the Spectra gang; she will be the financier and he will be the PR guy, allowing Sally to focus on designing and not picking cake fights and crashing weddings. Now, this may cause problems with Katie's oldest and dearest friend and newly formed crush recipient, but I think her dislike of Steffy will outweigh that. This is a perfect opportunity for Katie to give some of the angst Steffy caused her right back, and at the same time, she will be sticking it to Bill. Katie may come off as innocent, and ok with all that has happened with her marriage and her life, but I don't buy it. I think Katie sits back, biding her time, laying in wait for prime opportunities to strike back. Besides all that, she needs a SL that does not involve bedding a man old enough to be her great grandfather. Let Ivy run interference in Quinn and Eric's relationship. She is the one with the actual goods; all Katie has is some jealous dialog and a trumped up video. Of course Thomas will eventually go AWOL and enlist with the enemy, lending his designing talents, and further shoring up Spectra's respectability. Another good thing that could come out of this is a Katie/Wyatt coupling. I have always wanted to see her with Liam, but Waffle Boy is kinda dead to me now, and seems tainted somehow by Fauxdilok's and their cosmic love. Katie and Wyatt have some chemistry, and I think would make an interesting couple with the added bonus of pissing Bill off. Spectra could take another page out of the Forrester's playbook and have their own dual wedding; Thomas/Sally and Wyatt/Katie. 

• Love 10

Pierson Fode looks really happy with his storyline. He looked really good yesterday when he was scruff free. We got the obligatory scene of Thomas changing his clothes. Brad Bell really loves to write that in, doesn't he?! He was all smiles when talking to nuSally and it was just by phone. Heck! He might not even been really talking to anyone. He just was beaming. I'm looking forward to seeing him in Australian storyline. He's gotta be shirtless the entire time, right? LOL!!

• Love 11
2 hours ago, RuntheTable said:

Another good thing that could come out of this is a Katie/Wyatt coupling. I have always wanted to see her with Liam, but Waffle Boy is kinda dead to me now, and seems tainted somehow by Fauxdilok's and their cosmic love.

Actually, it'd be plenty of karma for Steffy to lose her Waffle to Lemonhead, after everything with her and Bill.

• Love 6
14 hours ago, grisgris said:

I don't even need for the seedings of a potential Lally romance to take root (although I'm still TeamFreeLiam and put him with a new chick) ; it'd just be nice to have this story affect multiple characters and for them to play different roles. Liam (and/or Wyatt)  actually working initially as a Spencer Publishing rep who is turned to a Spectra supporter and making new quirky friends outside of Forrester is just smart to not only give some fresh air to old stale characters but also allow us to see how the new characters interact with the mainstays. Let's see how Wyatt bounce off Saul and Darlita.  Let's see how Liam plays off a mother hen Sheryl and sassy Sally. Wyatt and Liam both going over to Spectra with Sally 2.0 reading them for the jockying men-children that they are and playing them against each other with DB and SC's comedic timing would be gold.

I still suspect Bill has a connection with the Spectras and that Sally will end up to be his third illegitimate child. We have the gimmick of the ever changing portrait over the Forrester fireplace, why not extend that to Bill's inability to practice safe sex and having a new kid pop up every 3-4 years. Bill having a headstrong daughter like Sally would be something to behold. And they are down a Spencer female with Caroline gone, so why not?

2 hours ago, ByaNose said:

Pierson Fode looks really happy with his storyline. He looked really good yesterday when he was scruff free. We got the obligatory scene of Thomas changing his clothes. Brad Bell really loves to write that in, doesn't he?! He was all smiles when talking to nuSally and it was just by phone. Heck! He might not even been really talking to anyone. He just was beaming. I'm looking forward to seeing him in Australian storyline. He's gotta be shirtless the entire time, right? LOL!!

As PF said, he's worked hard for that body so he is happy to let the masses oogle away anytime they want!

Also PF is probably well aware that if he wants to keep his job, he needs to sell his storyline as his last two leading ladies were sent packing. He may not want to be next. Unless his movie works out.

• Love 4
43 minutes ago, TobinAlbers said:

Also PF is probably well aware that if he wants to keep his job, he needs to sell his storyline as his last two leading ladies were sent packing. He may not want to be next. Unless his movie works out.

The whole Thomas/Caroline/Ridge debacle wasn't his fault. It was never going to work with Caroline, no matter how cute that baby was. And I'm guessing that TIIC quashing Tasha wasn't about the actors either. I actually tuned back in for them (and Queric) in spite of my lingering anger over "the misunderstanding".  

Thomas in the middle of Steffy/Sally is a much more creative triangle. I'm sure it won't last long but have to give them credit for tweaking the format a little.  The manic Spectra stuff isn't my cup of tea but hopefully it calms down a little once all the stories and characters are fully launched. 

ETA:  I'm not sure how I feel about Sally possibly being $Bill's kid. Maybe if her mother appears and breathes some life into the older couplings, I could deal with it. Otherwise I don't think they need to go there quite yet.  

Edited by tessaray
  • Love 4
4 minutes ago, tessaray said:

The whole Thomas/Caroline/Ridge debacle wasn't his fault. It was never going to work with Caroline, no matter how cute that baby was. And I'm guessing that TIIC quashing Tasha wasn't about the actors either. I actually tuned back in for them (and Queric) in spite of my lingering anger over "the misunderstanding".  

Oh, I agree. PF was given crap and did the best he could and LG did her best to and none are to blame for LG getting bumped down to 'recurring'. TPTB wrote Caroline into a corner with no viable love interest on canvas : Ridge they wanted for the Quinn story; Rick is married to Maya; Thomas the fans wouldn't stand for after the drunk sex even WITH Caroline saying that it was a bad drunken decision but that it wasn't rape and she's related to Bill, Liam, and Wyatt. Unless they brought someone on for her (which would cost money and time) she's stuck with what Katie is doing - working offscreen and mothering Douglas.

Thomas is a legacy child of THE core family and they recognize that they have a good actor with a killer body and made the choice to keep him because he does have several story avenues (the sibling rivalry angle as well as the father-son rivalry) and also to help rehab his character by putting him with a new love interest.  But I also wouldn't be surprised in TPTB see this as one last chance for this iteration of Thomas since they sullied the character with the Caroline drunk sex situation and the fans haven't forgotten. They may throw up their hands and ship him back to Paris if they can't successfully rehab him the way they did Quinn from captive cabin. Again, not his fault but not unheard of that an actor ends up suffering the consequences from the writers mishandling the story and/or finding another bright shiny new toy.

• Love 9

I hate this Bill. Wanting to stomp on someone and destroy their dreams so you can put up an ugly building? And really, I find it hard to believe that in the whole of LA there is not another suitable location to build. I think it is more about CJ pulling out on Bill, but it is like Judge Judy always says, "Get it in writing! Verbal agreements mean nothing." And wanting Jarrett to violate his professional ethics pisses me off too; threatening Jarrett with his job if he doesn't even more so.

Can he stop fondling his building? Because the more that Bill talks about his building, the more I see it as symbol for Little Bill.

• Love 6
22 hours ago, Waldo13 said:

I also liked her designs.

1 hour ago, tessaray said:

The manic Spectra stuff isn't my cup of tea but hopefully it calms down a little once all the stories and characters are fully launched. 

I hope so too...and I really hope they consider making Darlita less stupid.  When the loan shark guy called & Sally said  to tell him she's not here, I said before Darlita did "She told me to tell you she's not here." For those of you who watch The Middle, she is entering April "too stupid to live" territory.

• Love 11

Is the Spectra building the ONLY piece of property available in all of Southern California?  Could Bill be any bigger of a douche?  

I wish Sally would just tone it down a bit.  Her animal print dress was straight Wilma Flintstone and today's blouse was nothing short of a marimba band costume.  The writers are way overdoing her character, in a bad way.  

• Love 7
34 minutes ago, KLovestoShop said:

Is the Spectra building the ONLY piece of property available in all of Southern California?  Could Bill be any bigger of a douche?  

I wish Sally would just tone it down a bit.  Her animal print dress was straight Wilma Flintstone and today's blouse was nothing short of a marimba band costume.  The writers are way overdoing her character, in a bad way.  

I guess Spectra has amzaing views of the ocean. LOL!!! Yeah, it's a bit of a strech with Bill and needing that land. I hope she isn't Bill's daughter. That said, if she is we will be spared with a Liam/Steffy/Wyatt triangle. Thank goodness for small favors.

• Love 7

I'm torn about Bill lately. Anything is better than him only showing up to beg Brook to take him back, but watching him trying to destroy Sally for a building is ridiculous. Like, are there no kittens for him to kick? 

But I did like seeing Sally's sweetness and how much she appreciates what her family has done for her. 

• Love 9

"My name's Darlita and you're watching the Disney channel."

Darlita and Pam & Charlie humor remind me of stuff out of kid shows. Don't get me wrong, I can appreciate dumbass jokes like in Bill & Ted, Dude Where's my Car?, Supertroopers, Martin etc. etc.... but they don't have the timing and are too basic.  I mean it's like in 5th grade when someone makes an insult then a person replies..."So funny...I forgot to laugh." Or doing Amelia Bedelia stuff like a note to 'draw the drapes' and then Darlita or Pam takes out a pen and sketches curtains. 

At the same time when quirky or outlandish characters on this show nail it, they truly are good. I think the reason is because this show has so many redundant characters saying and doing redundant things. So when one is off beat, unpredictable, and the motivation is complex it captivates me. 

Bill is being stupid right now. Did he mention a motivation of the property that's hidden like air rights or minerals? I guess it's plot point city since he's never gotten hysterical over another real estate purchase before. 

Literally everyone with a penis (and Brooke) has wanted to be Forrester Creations CEO and claimed it was their life's ambition.   If you guys say so. Wouldn't it be a bigger feather in your cap, with less stress and probably equal money (not that they need it) to be lead designer? Those are the true stars. 

• Love 7

I love how they keep thinking that Quinn is Shari Lewis or a Jedi Master.  I have news for them, Eric is neither Lamb Chop nor a weak minded Stormtrooper.  No respect!  

Poor poor Sally.  Round 1 to Bill and his "mirrored" skyscraper.  I just hope that's she's down but not out and somehow or someway she will get her just desserts. 

I'm not defending Bill in any way but a lot of land, in the LA area, is situated on toxic waist.  It took the CA company I worked for a year and a half to find suitable land and it still cost 3 mil to clean up the toxic waist. 

As far as Sally wearing Wilmer Flintstone'd type print, she is at least PC. Wilmer's dress was made from an animal's pelt. 

• Love 3

I was & am a huge fan of Caroline, but having her off the canvas has mostly made me forget about the "misunderstanding" between she & Thomas, regarding Douglas' conception. Thomas is so much better without being reminded of that, & I'll never forget, but her being gone has done wonders to make me not think about it. I'm glad that Ivy grossness is over, too. Ew, just no, show. 

So, does Thomas get someone in the publishing world to do another review? Does he just jump ship right now & save Spectra? Does Bill's henchman (can't remember his name, & I'm lazy) publish a re-review in his own words elsewhere, praising Sally? #ThomasToTheRescue

Toned-down Sally, apologizing to Saul, Shirley & Darlita (who is so dumb, she probably didn't know it was an apology), was probably her best scene to date. I don't mind a little scenery-nibbling, but I like her softer much better. 

• Love 9
2 hours ago, Waldo13 said:

I'm not defending Bill in any way but a lot of land, in the LA area, is situated on toxic waist.  It took the CA company I worked for a year and a half to find suitable land and it still cost 3 mil to clean up the toxic waist. 

WALDO, why is there such an issue of toxic waste in the LA area?  I am not doubting what you say, I'm just surprised.  I never saw LA as being an industrial area of the country.

As far as the Spectra fashion preview, I am not to judge.  I have never seen a "high" fashion show (on tv) that I have said to myself "I'd wear that".  

• Love 2