Type keyword(s) to search

B&B: What's Up Today at Forrester Creations? - Daily Chat

• Start Topic

The very first thing everyone should have said to Lauren when they saw her was that Sheila was on the loose. Instead of no mention of her at all.

Thomas talks to Hope about the budget when he is manipulating her. He professes his love, she gets a look on her face, he brings up the budget and the HFTF line and she's smiling at him again.

You would think that Eric had only one son, the Marone.

They better not kill him off before or during the showdown.

Edited by SweePea59
  • Like 5
  • Love 1

Did Charlie and Pam ever get married?  And they couldn't come up with a less ridiculous reason for her to miss her brother-in-law's and nephew's show, at the company she works for, than she was baking lemon bars?  I mean, I know they like to lean into the lemon bar thing and all, but that was just lazy. 

• Like 12
14 hours ago, Artsda said:

Hope and Thomas are still the best thing this show has going for it. 

As little as I still care for this pairing, I'm forced to agree. Li's being ruined with this idiotic grudge wank, Finn and Liam are morons, RJ  has no life of his own besides propping everyone else's drama and Ridge.

14 hours ago, Artsda said:

The fact they are worried about budget so much is why they should not be allowing Eric to do this.  He bankrupted the company and lost it more than once. 

Truly, the only unequivocally successful and good CEO they've ever had in the history of the show was Brooke Logan. And given how she came by the company, she would've been well within her right to fuck them over and run it into the ground the way Nick nearly did, but she made them all so much money with her ideas.

• Like 8
  • Love 1
19 hours ago, bluvelvet said:

How did everyone find Eric’s speech today? I’m just curious because I liked it but I didn’t love it. Story still is more of a miss than hit with me  

Same here. I thought the speech was a nice setup for the flashback, which was my favorite moment of the episode. It reminded me of the days when Show had a real budget and Eric was designing in an actual workshop, in contrast to today, as he works in his living room. Surely the Forrester Estate has somewhere that he could work without having to drape fabrics and dresses all over the living room furniture?!

Edited by TVForever
  • Like 7
5 hours ago, norcalgal said:

More like only one child.  Hello Thorne?  Felicia?  Kristin? 

That's exactly what I meant. But you left out Rick and Bridget! And the grown man he adopted, Donna's son Marcus.

• Like 9
  • LOL 1
42 minutes ago, SweePea59 said:

That's exactly what I meant. But you left out Rick and Bridget! And the grown man he adopted, Donna's son Marcus.

Oh duh!  You’re so right. Eric just has too many kids!  😜

• Like 1
  • LOL 8

What is the point of Marie Osmond?  Not just on B&B, but in general.  For someone who has been in show biz since I was a child, she was embarrassingly terrible.  Why couldn't she just play herself instead of some stupid lesser royal?  I'm guessing she's going to steal Esther's wad of cash.

• Useful 1
  • LOL 11

I had been forewarned that this was coming with MO. I thought the character was ridiculous, but to me, she played it like she was in on the joke. Actually, it was just stupid filler, along with the opera star or pop star or whoever she was supposed to be. Was that anybody we should be aware of? Like a character from Big Brother or some other crossover show?

Charlie and Esther Valentine can't get off my screen fast enough! 

• Like 11
  • LOL 1
  • Love 1

RJ, Eric is  dying but not today because he never felt so alive. 

Why is Marie Osmond on the show if she’s not playing herself?  Does Marie need the day pay?  It looks like Marie can’t do Nutrisystem commercials any more but maybe she could do Botox commercials. 

Where is Lurch and Hope?  They are not part of this line but Lurch and Hope deserve as much recognition as Zende and Paris.  Are to dresses are all they can show before Eric is rushed off to the hospital so no winners can be declared?  There is a history of no winner being declared in previous fashion competitions. 

• Like 8
17 hours ago, Waldo13 said:

Why is Marie Osmond on the show if she’s not playing herself?  Does Marie need the day pay?  It looks like Marie can’t do Nutrisystem commercials any more but maybe she could do Botox commercials. 

I wonder if it has something to do with the strike and with needing to work a certain amount to maintain insurance. Since soaps seem to be the only gig anyone can take while the SAG strike is on, maybe we're going to be seeing people taking one or two day stints on the soaps for a while? (I'm not one hundred percent sure how that whole insurance thing works, and if there's some kind of grace period for strikes, so I may be totally off, this is just speculation.) 

• Like 2
  • Useful 2

Of all of the young actors in LA, this guy playing RJ is the best they could come up with? He really stinks at this acting thing. Could we have a “the role of RJ Forrester is now being played by”? 

• Like 6
  • Applause 4
57 minutes ago, Gam2 said:

Could we have a “the role of RJ Forrester is now being played by”? 

I'd much rather have a "the role of RIDGE Forrester is now being played by". The current greasy hobo plays him like he's a hitman for the mob, completely deadpan with absolutely no emotion in his eyes.

• Like 5
  • Applause 5
  • LOL 1
2 hours ago, Gam2 said:

Of all of the young actors in LA, this guy playing RJ is the best they could come up with? He really stinks at this acting thing. Could we have a “the role of RJ Forrester is now being played by”? 

Was RJ brought on to make Finn and Lurch look like better actors? If so, this is an epic fail. Of the three RJ is slightly better by the smallest of margins. 

Edited by Waldo13
  • Like 1
  • Useful 1
2 hours ago, Gam2 said:

If Ron were still playing Ridge, I’d agree with this, but we have Kaye, who is the TOTAL opposite of this character. But I do agree that THIS is the best they could come up with as the child of such an iconic pairing? And I say that “loosely” iconic. Plus that Cindy Bradyish lisp.

1 hour ago, SweePea59 said:

I'd much rather have a "the role of RIDGE Forrester is now being played by". The current greasy hobo plays him like he's a hitman for the mob, completely deadpan with absolutely no emotion in his eyes.

THIS I can fully get on board with. I see no chemistry with Kelly and Kaye. And yes, I know that is subjective. But I look at Genie Francis and Anthony Geary. She was/is beautiful and he? Ugh. But their chemistry was sizzling.

• Like 5
21 hours ago, KerleyQ said:

I wonder if it has something to do with the strike and with needing to work a certain amount to maintain insurance. Since soaps seem to be the only gig anyone can take while the SAG strike is on, maybe we're going to be seeing people taking one or two day stints on the soaps for a while? (I'm not one hundred percent sure how that whole insurance thing works, and if there's some kind of grace period for strikes, so I may be totally off, this is just speculation.) 

Well, the LA lifestyle ain't cheap especially when you're a Baby Boomer star who hasn't been lucky enough to get one of their songs to go viral on TikTok. Taylor Hale, Big Brother winner, also showed up as one as the model in the red 1992 gown. 

• Like 1
  • Useful 3

The Esther Valentine goes to LA storyline is just a rip-off of the film "Mrs Harris Goes to Paris" right down to her pulling wads of cash out of her purse and being treated with disdain by those around her (looking at you, MO).  The main difference being that the film, starring Leslie Manville, was charming while poor Esther's presence there just makes no sense.

• Like 4
  • Useful 4
  • Love 1
2 minutes ago, A-Lo said:

The Esther Valentine goes to LA storyline is just a rip-off of the film "Mrs Harris Goes to Paris"

I've been meaning to watch that movie. Will keep this in mind and expect the movie to be much better!

• Like 1
On 10/27/2023 at 9:53 PM, Waldo13 said:

Coincidentally, right before I watched this episode, I read an article about celebrities who aren't leaving their kids an inheritance.  Most, including Marie Osmond, are giving their money to charity.  She said she's helped her kids out over the years but was not going to give them her fortune, estimated by the writer to be $20M. 

• Useful 4
11 minutes ago, Cool Breeze said:

Coincidentally, right before I watched this episode, I read an article about celebrities who aren't leaving their kids an inheritance.  Most, including Marie Osmond, are giving their money to charity.  She said she's helped her kids out over the years but was not going to give them her fortune, estimated by the writer to be $20M. 

Surprised she has any fortune left after all she has spent on that sculpted, filled and sandblasted frozen face!

• Like 2
  • LOL 7
  • Love 1

From look number 3 to look number 7 to look number 11 to look number ? to look number 14 to look number 15 and again to look number?  That’s one way to squeeze a fashion show into 20 minutes.  I wonder why the runway was not used because that would be the best way to show off the mostly unimpressive designs. 

For the most part you could tell the difference between Eric’s designs and Ridge’s designs. Eric’s designs were elegant and more impressive but Ridge’s designs were gaudy. If it wasn’t for the beautiful models, the show would have been a total bust for me.

It would be very hard for me to imagine Esther in any dress we’ve seen today. I’m wondering if Esther feather dusts her feather duster before she waves it around 😜

• Like 7
  • LOL 2

Would somebody please wipe off RJ's lip gloss, contour and blush? He wears more makeup than me and my girlfriends! 

8 hours ago, A-Lo said:

The Esther Valentine goes to LA storyline is just a rip-off of the film "Mrs Harris Goes to Paris" right down to her pulling wads of cash out of her purse and being treated with disdain by those around her (looking at you, MO).  The main difference being that the film, starring Leslie Manville, was charming while poor Esther's presence there just makes no sense.

Esther acting like she's never seen clothing before has me cracking up!

Edited by Goodtimes
  • Like 7
  • LOL 3

Please don't saddle Zende in a triangle with RJ. Zende is 100x better character and actually has design experience. Then insta-designer. 

Ester and Marie Osmond going back and forth, but no Thomas or more Forresters at the Forrester show. At least we got Zende, compared to all the Logan's all up in Eric's health. 

• Like 8

Writing the descriptions of those gowns was the most original content the writers have created in years.

It's so obvious who designed each gown by the way it was described. "Classic and timeless" were Eric's, and "edgy, dramatic or with a twist" were Ridge's. 

Those gown designs were decades old. The only one I remotely liked was the first red sparkly strapless number with the princess-style skirt, but even that one had too much going on.

Can somebody please muzzle Esther? 

If those gowns were actually trimmed with expensive jewels, wouldn't there be tons of security? Doofus flirting with Feather Duster Fairy wasn't quite cutting it. 

Yes. I also saw hints of a Zende/Luna/RJ triangle. Please. No. 

• Like 10
  • Love 1
On 10/30/2023 at 6:30 AM, Kimboweena said:

I've been meaning to watch that movie. Will keep this in mind and expect the movie to be much better!

I watched that film in flight on a trip to Hawaii a few months ago and yeah, it's much better than this B&B ripoff. For one, Ester has been wealthy for over a decade now so this whole fish out of water thing just ain't working for me.

Edited by Anna Yolei
  • Like 8

Am I the only one that thinks Eric is an ass for being obsessed with this stupid fashion show and taking back control of the company instead of wanting to spend time with his family and loved ones? I get he is in denial about this alleged terminal illness, but keeping it a secret is cruel to the people that do know about it. Gee Eric, maybe stop being so selfish and think about the people you will leave behind. Maybe they would like the chance to spend time with you while they can.

• Like 7
  • Useful 1
On 10/27/2023 at 12:40 PM, Gam2 said:

Get a load of Marie Osmann’s face today! She has more filler in her face than the tires on my car. Not one wrinkle at all. She looks like a freak.

SWEET BABY JESUS!! I was just coming here to say the exact same thing. Marie ruined herself i think! There was ALOT of fillers, botox, and surgeries in the little group chat. Ester looks silly as well as Lauren!

Geez!!!!

On 10/27/2023 at 12:40 PM, Gam2 said:

Get a load of Marie Osmann’s face today! She has more filler in her face than the tires on my car. Not one wrinkle at all. She looks like a freak.

• Like 4
  • Applause 1
6 hours ago, jqdeco said:

Am I the only one that thinks Eric is an ass for being obsessed with this stupid fashion show and taking back control of the company instead of wanting to spend time with his family and loved ones?

Have you met his family and loved ones?  They are a big bunch of arseholes!  Design away Eric!  I get it.

• Like 1
  • Applause 1
  • LOL 5

No. They never got married. Eric offered his home for the wedding, but Pam insisted that Quinn take down her portrait over the fireplace mantel and replace it with Stephanie's. Quinn refused. No wedding. 

I have some vague recollection of other factors at play like Pam wasn't quite ready ... ? Anybody? Because it seems like they could have told Quinn to F-off and get married someplace else, but didn't. 

I know B&B is stingy with sets and all, but they managed to find an alternate place to hold the non-wedding between Carter and Paris. 

Edited by CharlizeCat
  • Like 2
  • Useful 3

Esther has had money for at least 10 years, but I doubt she thinks of herself as wealthy or spends any of it. To her that's Mrs.C's money and she just keeping it safe for the next generation of Chancellors.

It would never occur to Esther to buy herself an FC original, even though it wouldn't make the tiniest dent in Mrs C's fortune. I think that's why Lauren brought her to the fashion show, to encourage Esther to do something for herself.

Might I say that Countess von Botox Filler-fort is being nastier and cattier than Lauren ever was in her heyday.

• Like 3
  • LOL 6
  • Love 1
4 hours ago, sugarbaker design said:

Have you met his family and loved ones?  They are a big bunch of arseholes!  Design away Eric!  I get it.

ESPECIALLY Ridge 🤣

That said, there's room for him to do both. Stephanie knew she was dying but she was still able to be involved with her charity work, connect to her family AND slag Brooke at every opportunity!

Jokes aside, terminal illness doesn't mean people stop living and there's no reason he can't have a final line to go out on his own terms. I will say Ridge's typical dickishness certainly isn't helping, however.

• Like 8
  • Applause 4

So we find out today that they went from look #15 to look #19 which is the white dress. Look #20 is the white dress that is see through and you can tell the model is wearing a thong underneath.  That must be a Ridge design because it’s far far from traditional. 

Excuse me Paris, how did the foundation get comments on line?  I didn’t notice that the show was being live streamed. 

If I was Marie Osmond I would sue her plastic surgeon for making her look like a cartoon character. In addition Marie, stick to singing. 

Is RJ now getting his hair cut a Bob’s Big Boy?  That swirl is kind of revealing. 

Carter said that only one collection was sold out so there must have been a limited number of gowns sold and not just one exclusive gown. It’s a little unusual for designer gowns to be mass produced even on a limited basis.  Most high end buyers don’t want anyone else to be seen in the same gown. 

• Like 6

Zende has more chemistry with Luna in that one scene today but please no. He'll never win against the token golden Logan designer spawn of Brooke and Ridge. 

Ester was scrunching up the dress in the garment bag, is it not supposed to be expensive fashion. 

• Like 7
1 hour ago, Artsda said:

Ester was scrunching up the dress in the garment bag, is it not supposed to be expensive fashion.

And they said she was going to come back for a fitting, so why wouldn't she just leave the gown there instead of bringing it back and forth? 

• Like 8
  • Applause 2
3 hours ago, KerleyQ said:

And they said she was going to come back for a fitting, so why wouldn't she just leave the gown there instead of bringing it back and forth? 

It doesn’t matter Esther will never have an occasion to wear it especially in Genoa City. 

I’m wondering if the gown she chose was the one you could see through. Maybe she’s planning on wearing it on her first date, with Charley, for dinner at the Olive Garden. 

• LOL 10

I liked a lot about that showdown; I thought the models were all quite beautiful, as was the jewelry. And I wasn't all that put off with the dresses and liked a lot of them. The one I absolutely hated though, was the red puffy one, with the giant bow on its side. What I liked the most though, was the voice over, telling us about the fabric, cut and design; very reminiscent of classic B&B when they did that regularly; it always made Show seem more genuine. 

They should have skipped Marie and her rendition of Countess WhoTheFuckEver, and used this opportunity for a proper introduction to Poppy. What better platform to bring in an artist, than a fashion show that her daughter contributed to? 

Only one line sold out? Right. I lay bets it was Ridge's, but once Brooke spills the beans about Eric's health, Ridge decides to say it was Eric's instead, thinking his dad only has a few months to live so what harm could it do. So, Eric will win the show down and will take over FC's, and next month they will find The Magical Soap Opera Disease Cure, and Ridge will be hating life. 

• Like 15

OK, so, Charlie and Pam never married, but it seems they were still in a relationship, right?  Pretty shitty of Charlie to be flirting with, kissing, and making plans with another woman without ending his existing relationship first. 

I liked the fashion show, but really could have done without Esther and Marie Osmond. If they hadn't been so annoying, I might have liked Ridge for a minute when he put Countess Botox in her place, but they were, so, meh. 

I know they were keeping the "who designed what" thing from the guests, but I wish they would have made it a little easier for viewers to figure out who designed what. I think, of those last two white gowns that were side by side at the end, the more pure white one with the full skirt was Eric's, based on his expressions when it was out there, so I'm guessing that the more cream/champagne strapless dress was Ridge's? (I also think that's the one Esther chose). 

I can see Ridge winning but finding out about Eric's health and cooking the numbers so that it looks like Eric won. But, I can also see Ridge refusing to sell two of that dress (if it was his) to Esther and Marie being the thing that loses him the competition. At least their appearance and sniping would have some storyline relevance that way. 

• Like 7
  • Useful 1

Without giving away the results of the fashion showdown -- Might I say Ridge has been an absolutely smug, self-satisfied, pompous asshat throughout the entire thing, and he continues being an absolutely smug, self-satisfied, pompous asshat now that the fashion showdown is over. 

• Like 9
  • Applause 1

I would love it if Eric won-and while Ridge acts all pissy-finds out about Eric’s health-and guilt EATS away at him for being a shitty douchetastic prick of an ARSEHOLE.

And I also want a horsie.

Guess I’m the only one who likes Marie Osmond. Goes back to when I was wee and watched The Donny and Marie Show, Goin’ Coconuts. The latter a must ridonkulous and cheesy movie.

• Like 5