Type keyword(s) to search

B&B: What's Up Today at Forrester Creations? - Daily Chat

• Start Topic

Just had to drop in to say most mothers (even the fictional TV ones) would’ve punted Hope into the moon for how she talked to Brooke. Between this and the Thomas fantasy nonsense, she’s gone down several notches with me. In fact, she’s gone down all of the notches.

• Like 6
  • Love 2
1 hour ago, CountryGirl said:

I definitely think a DID storyline is in the works for Hope. Even though I know Annika has the chops to pull it off, I don’t trust TPTB to not botch it like they do everything else. 

It's irritating because I actually know people with this disorder and once again it's being trotted out as a means for a lazy way to resolve an issue that should've been put to bed years ago. It's no shade on AN but good acting means little for a storyline that is continuing to perpetuate harmful stereotype of mental illness.

If there is ANY character who comes anywhere near such a diagnosis, it's Douglas, but we all know he'll be used as a prop to get Tom-Ass and Dope together the moment he turns 18 because teens have no purpose on this show but to cheerlead for dysfunction parents who they should want to run away from the minute they hit puberty. Noah Newman sought emancipation from Sharon and Nick over less.

• Like 6
  • Applause 2
  • Love 1
1 hour ago, CountryGirl said:

Hope needed to get off her high horse. She (or her soon to be revealed alter ego) was having carnal thoughts about Thomas and was taking out her self-loathing on Brooke, who didn’t deserve this. 

Yep, when Hope was going on and on about not being like her mom, and not being attracted to wrong men you just knew she was trying to convince *herself* wrt Thomas.  Glad Brooke told her to calm down because Hope was damn near hysterical.  And wow, that’s some perception from Brooke to recognize Hope’s ranting was maybe about something else, but I knew Hope wasn’t going to confess that she might be having feelings for Thomas. 

• Like 8
  • Love 2

Brooke always going after the "wrong man" or the "bad guy" is patently ridiculous. With few exceptions, the men in Brooke's life pursued her, and the only bad guy she was ever with was Deacon. This fallacy of Brooke's jaded past is all part and parcel of Stephanie's drum beating for 30 years about the "slut from the valley." I am now in the middle of season three on YouTube, and have been reminded just how horrible Stephanie was to Brooke. Over the years I had forgotten so many things, like how Stephanie continually played with Brooke's emotions and her mind; one day her friend and the next her enemy. Blaming Brooke for Eric loving Beth, and putting her in the middle of their romance by trying to force Brooke to break them up. Constantly blackmailing her with going to Ridge with Brooke's knowledge of their affair if she didn't intercede. Stephanie never forgave Brooke for not turning on her own mother, and never missed the opportunity to tell Brooke that she saw her as a traitor because of it. What a complete and total BITCH she was; Brooke's only loyalty was to her mother, not Stephanie.  Then, trying to justify her actions regarding the Logan family, manipulating and interfering by finding and bringing Stephen home, by saying she was trying to save her marriage. What marriage? That relationship was staler than ten day old toast; there was no affection or closeness between Stehpanie and Eric, in fact, there was a palpable coldness between them. I mean, when a mother is that jealous of her own daughter's love and affection for her father, and shops for a gigolo to get involved with her?  Additionally, she knew Eric was in love with Beth when they were in college, and after rediscovering her, he realized his feelings were the same. Stephanie was not able to accept that and labeled Beth an opportunist and a woman who had seduced her husband. Stehpanie was the worst, and for this viewer, one of her most heinous traits was coaxing her actions in pretty words and platitudes about family and integrity, something Stephanie simply did not possess. 

So, I am not happy with this current dialogue and Brooke running herself down over things that fucking witch said. Hope was completely out of line talking to her mother like that, a mother who has never been anything but loving and supportive. If Hope wants to swap spit with Thomas that is totally on her; if she needs to fantasize that her husband is a stalkering, gaslighting, manipulative psycho, well then that is what she needs to do, and has nothing to do with her mother. 

Having said that, I was hella uncomfortable with those Brooke/Ridge scenes. Those two have nothing going on, and it all felt really creepy to me. So Brooke flirted a little? That is Brooke. But nothing happened, not even a friggin kiss. Given most of the evening was spent discussing Ridge's deranged son, and how Brooke had found it in her to forgive him, I think it was a pretty uneventful night. 

• Like 9
  • Applause 1
  • LOL 1
  • Love 4

Brooke should have slapped the taste out of Hope's mouth when Hope spoke to her like that.

I like AN, but to me, she's not selling the personality shift. Too forced, but then, I blame that on the pathetic writing.

• Like 3
  • Applause 9
  • Love 2

Do Wyatt and Liam ever go to work.

Brooke and Taylor calling Ridge a hero was vomit inducing. He did nothing. I wish Ridge would go away again. Show is better without him. Especially for the sake of Brooke/Taylors friendship. 

• Like 12
4 minutes ago, backhometome said:

Brooke and Taylor calling Ridge a hero was vomit inducing. He did nothing. I wish Ridge would go away again. Show is better without him. Especially for the sake of Brooke/Taylors friendship. 

Seriously.  Bill and Deacon were the one's doing all the work. What exactly was Ridge's role in that whole plan anyway? Snarky comic relief?

• Like 9
  • LOL 5
  • Love 1

Can we please just forget about this stupid ENDLESS triangle over this spin of a guy? It’s insulting to women everywhere.

Brooke can have him… Taylor had loads more fun and chemistry with Deacon a few months ago.

• Like 6
50 minutes ago, KnightStorm said:

Seriously.  Bill and Deacon were the one's doing all the work. What exactly was Ridge's role in that whole plan anyway? Snarky comic relief?

Sitting on his ass and eating takeout pretty much sums it up. His jokes weren't even all that funny as they were at poor $Bill's expense.

• Like 8
  • Applause 2
  • Love 1

Liam had the line of the day: "Hope and I are never going to agree about Thomas. Because I look at him, and I don't see a better man. I see a better liar. I see an algorithm that is just learning with every failed manipulation." 

Liam is the whole woodshed of tools at times, but he's spot-on here. 

• Like 11
  • Applause 8
  • Love 2
2 minutes ago, CountryGirl said:

Liam had the line of the day: "Hope and I are never going to agree about Thomas. Because I look at him, and I don't see a better man. I see a better liar. I see an algorithm that is just learning with every failed manipulation." 

It's good to know that at least some of the characters aren't buying into Thomas Redemption #1678957.

• Like 10

Hope looks like a moron gushing over Thomas. He kept her child from her for how long? How can she cheese it up for him? And yelling at her mom over having a conversation with Ridge was shitty, nightie or not. It was none of her business. Get your own house loser.

• Like 11
  • Applause 6
  • Love 1
10 hours ago, RuntheTable said:

Brooke always going after the "wrong man" or the "bad guy" is patently ridiculous. With few exceptions, the men in Brooke's life pursued her, and the only bad guy she was ever with was Deacon. This fallacy of Brooke's jaded past is all part and parcel of Stephanie's drum beating for 30 years about the "slut from the valley." I am now in the middle of season three on YouTube, and have been reminded just how horrible Stephanie was to Brooke. Over the years I had forgotten so many things, like how Stephanie continually played with Brooke's emotions and her mind; one day her friend and the next her enemy. Blaming Brooke for Eric loving Beth, and putting her in the middle of their romance by trying to force Brooke to break them up. Constantly blackmailing her with going to Ridge with Brooke's knowledge of their affair if she didn't intercede. Stephanie never forgave Brooke for not turning on her own mother, and never missed the opportunity to tell Brooke that she saw her as a traitor because of it. What a complete and total BITCH she was; Brooke's only loyalty was to her mother, not Stephanie.  Then, trying to justify her actions regarding the Logan family, manipulating and interfering by finding and bringing Stephen home, by saying she was trying to save her marriage. What marriage? That relationship was staler than ten day old toast; there was no affection or closeness between Stehpanie and Eric, in fact, there was a palpable coldness between them. I mean, when a mother is that jealous of her own daughter's love and affection for her father, and shops for a gigolo to get involved with her?  Additionally, she knew Eric was in love with Beth when they were in college, and after rediscovering her, he realized his feelings were the same. Stephanie was not able to accept that and labeled Beth an opportunist and a woman who had seduced her husband. Stehpanie was the worst, and for this viewer, one of her most heinous traits was coaxing her actions in pretty words and platitudes about family and integrity, something Stephanie simply did not possess. 

So, I am not happy with this current dialogue and Brooke running herself down over things that fucking witch said. Hope was completely out of line talking to her mother like that, a mother who has never been anything but loving and supportive. If Hope wants to swap spit with Thomas that is totally on her; if she needs to fantasize that her husband is a stalkering, gaslighting, manipulative psycho, well then that is what she needs to do, and has nothing to do with her mother. 

Having said that, I was hella uncomfortable with those Brooke/Ridge scenes. Those two have nothing going on, and it all felt really creepy to me. So Brooke flirted a little? That is Brooke. But nothing happened, not even a friggin kiss. Given most of the evening was spent discussing Ridge's deranged son, and how Brooke had found it in her to forgive him, I think it was a pretty uneventful night. 

It’s especially bad when they did the retcon that Stephanie tricked Eric into marrying her when she knew she was pregnant by Massimo. 

• Like 6
  • Applause 1
  • Useful 1

I know that we’ve been told a million times that NuTay is a psychiatrist but what proof do we actually have? If just by observation, I’d say she was a makeup girl in the local department store. That would explain the silliness and simpering behavior ad nauseum. Geez. Get rid of this sorry excuse for professional.

• Like 7
  • Applause 5
  • Love 1
19 minutes ago, Gam2 said:

I know that we’ve been told a million times that NuTay is a psychiatrist but what proof do we actually have? If just by observation, I’d say she was a makeup girl in the local department store. That would explain the silliness and simpering behavior ad nauseum. Geez. Get rid of this sorry excuse for professional.

We don't have any proof. She started the show as an oncologist for dying Caroline and then conveniently announced she was a psychiatrist when she offered therapy to a widowed Ridge.

Edited by nilyank
  • Like 8
  • Useful 4

Hope is no longer dressing like Laura Ingalls. Hope is more inclined to give Lurch a better look at her cleavage. 

That dress is ugly. What Hope is wearing is much more suitable for HFTF. 

Your right Zende, know body gets Hope___For The Future like Lurch does 😜.  

I really like Wyatt’s jacket. It looks good on him.

I could actually see the wheels turning in Ridges head thinking about if there is a possibility of a threesome in the future. 

Did you know that Lurch is inspiring to be a better man?  I must of missed it the last 100 times he said it. 

• Like 2
  • LOL 7
  • Love 1
On 4/10/2023 at 7:01 PM, norcalgal said:

not being attracted to wrong men

Like the man she's wasted her entire adult life fighting for, who might as well be a carbon copy of Ridge in every way save for respecting consent (and even that I'm sure is only because they refuse to give him the autonomy God granted a mushroom to move ANY story whatsoever)?  This isn't me saying Thomas is in any a better choice than Liam but that "Turning Into Brooke" ship has sailed, done multiple deployments, been retired and is currently at the Newport Beach shipyard awaiting to be used to test the Navy's newest missiles as it's sunk into the ocean. 

Frankly, it's an insult to Brooke because even she gave Ridge his walking paper for hitting a **grown ass** child of hers who was capable of defending himself. Unlike Douglas. 😒

8 hours ago, backhometome said:

Does anyone?

That said, the last time I remember Liam having any active participation in the workforce, people were flooding major streets to catch Charizard in Pokemon Go, so....it's been a minute, even by B&B standards.

7 hours ago, CountryGirl said:

If this is the first, last, and only time William Spencer III holds a consistent, unflinching opinion on anything, he could not have picked a better cause to do so. Because unlike Quinn who only hurt him, despicable at THAT was, Thomas kept him from his child. He mentally manipulated and abused his own son to keep up that lie and was willing to let Hope's mental state deteriorate to get her. Hell, his own sister lost her twin and he was fine with letting her raise a child she had no claim to without worrying what that would do to her if that came out.

In so many ways, this was worse than what Adam did on Y&R because he didn't consider any of the Newmans his family and he wasn't claiming to be in love with Sharon when he did switched Faith. And while I felt they did a speedrun on his redemption, at least the people who had the most right to be livid with him stayed angry, including Faith herself once she was old enough to learn the truth.

Edited by Anna Yolei
  • Like 2
  • Fire 1
  • Applause 6

"It's nice to have a new line to be excited about." Is HFTF the only line at FC now? They've had three different new releases for HFTF now over the same span of time when we've heard exactly nothing about any other line putting out any new designs. 

Can someone explain to Hope that it is absolutely fine and healthy to find other people attractive, and it doesn't mean you're turning into some kind of "slut" or that you have to act on it? I feel like at least half of her distress is her not understanding this pretty basic concept. And it's not helping that everyone keeps bringing it up as an issue to her. Seriously, Hope, go get some therapy. You've been through a whole hell of a lot over the past few years. No shame in getting some help to process it all. Just not Taylor. Even if she is your mother's BFF, she's a deeply shitty psychologist. 

The Brooke/Taylor friendship writing has really taken a downturn from the moment Ridge reappeared in their lives. It feels kind of fake and passive aggressive now, with Brooke being "transparent" but then reacting when Taylor joked about how old Brooke would have already busted out her lingerie. Then we have Taylor "joking" to Ridge about how it's her turn for a family dinner, and she'll make sure the kids all cancel, too. Like, what is the plan here? We're going to watch them "platonically" fight over him until one or both of them eventually give in and hop back into bed with him? Boring. 

• Like 8
  • Applause 1
  • Love 3

@KerleyQ You bring up an issue that I’ve had with the storytelling on this show. They don’t let things just naturally develop. You can always tell what the next storyline is because the characters start talking about it incessantly. There’s way more telling than showing. To me, it takes away from the drama and just becomes annoying. Like with Eric’s ED issue, how normal was it for everyone to suddenly start talking about Eric’s performance issues. So much time is wasted on these repetitive filler conversations. They might actually be able to have an A and B storyline going at the same time if everyone wasn’t talking about the same thing at once.  

• Like 8
  • Love 1
12 hours ago, Anna Yolei said:

In so many ways, this was worse than what Adam did on Y&R because he didn't consider any of the Newmans his family and he wasn't claiming to be in love with Sharon when he did switched Faith. And while I felt they did a speedrun on his redemption, at least the people who had the most right to be livid with him stayed angry, including Faith herself once she was old enough to learn the truth.

Yup, even after he gave her a kidney to save her life. At best she was greatful but still rightfully distant. And it really didn't improve his standing with the rest of the family(save for Victor kinda)at least not for long. 

So how much does anyone want to bet that by the time Beth gets SORAed (assuming this shit show will last another decade or so) she's gonna be a Thomas cheerleader over far less? FML this show really is dollar tree Y&R...at least in comparison to Adam/Nick/Faith/Sharon vs Thomas/Liam/Beth/Hope etc and how the fallout has been handled. 

17 hours ago, CountryGirl said:

After he said this I honestly regretted(for about 2 minutes lol) calling Liam, Lame for so long. I'm glad he's dying on this hill, tho it really sucks that this seems spectacular when Liam's attitude should be the status quo. But the rest of the cast, his wife especially, is not afforded the luxury of common sense & decent/consistent writing at the altar of Thomas(again). 

Edited by Skarzero
  • Like 6
  • Love 1
19 hours ago, backhometome said:

Who cares?  I have no desire to see them working at a magazine.  I'm so happy to see these guys on screen having a conversation.  I FFed the whole episode save the Deacon's Pizzeria scene with L&W.  I find it really hard to sympathize with Hope when she knows exactly what and who Thomas is.

Edited by sugarbaker design
  • Like 7
  • Love 1

I can't quite figure out what the show is doing with Thomas's part in all of this. Because, on the one hand, we have him agreeing to a potential date with the model. And the story this time seems like it's more about Hope being all confused than about Thomas's feelings. But, then, on the other hand, whenever Thomas is alone, he still seems, just from his facial expressions, like he's plotting. Maybe that's just the face he has, but every time he does that look off towards the camera thing, he looks like he's scheming. Like when he was in the middle of drawing that dress, and he looked up, my immediate thought was "is he imagining another fitting with Hope?" 

Of course, maybe that's just my existing dislike of the character, and I'm projecting that onto him now, but I just don't buy that he's reformed or remotely ready and willing to move on. And I'm still stuck on that scene back after Douglas chose to live with Steffy, when Thomas was alone in Paris's apartment and vowed he'd do whatever it takes to get his son back. That was clearly a sinister thing, and nothing has come out of that yet. Are we supposed to believe that he just got over that? And especially now that Douglas chose to go back to Hope and Liam's house, he's right back where he started, and he's gotten nothing that he schemed for - his parents aren't together, Hope is still with Liam, and Douglas is living with the two of them. I just don't buy that he's ready to get over all of that. 

If they do actually go the route of Hope having DID, he's going to use that to his advantage. He'll get Hope (well, he'll get her alter). He can use that to get Douglas (either by getting her alter to come live with him as Hope and bring Douglas with her or by using her erratic behavior against her in a custody fight), and her acting so wildly out of character will take all of Brooke's focus, along with putting Brooke firmly and loudly anti-Thomas again, which will leave his father more available for his mother. 

• Like 3
  • Love 1
4 minutes ago, KerleyQ said:

If they do actually go the route of Hope having DID, he's going to use that to his advantage. He'll get Hope (well, he'll get her alter). He can use that to get Douglas (either by getting her alter to come live with him as Hope and bring Douglas with her or by using her erratic behavior against her in a custody fight), and her acting so wildly out of character will take all of Brooke's focus, along with putting Brooke firmly and loudly anti-Thomas again, which will leave his father more available for his mother. 

I wouldn't put it past Thomas to be secretly feeding Hope drugs that make is easier to make highly suggestive things e.g. Thomas is great, Thomas is a good father, Thomas is HFTF, Thomas is hot.

Because I know that Thomas is a creep that has used drugs or someone in impaired state to get what he wants.

• Like 4
  • Love 1
20 minutes ago, nilyank said:

Because I know that Thomas is a creep that has used drugs or someone in impaired state to get what he wants.

If you ever stop to think for a minute and compile a list of Thomas's crimes, it's appalling that they're trying to treat him like a leading man when they haven't even had him answer for most of them. I mean, he's literally committed murder so he could get a shot at banging his crush.  And does anyone (other than dead Vinnie) know that he drugged Liam to sleep with Steffy? The crimes people do know about, they've whitewashed, like how Douglas was conceived being called "a misunderstanding." 

• Like 5
  • Love 1
4 hours ago, Skarzero said:

Yup, even after he gave her a kidney to save her life. At best she was greatful but still rightfully distant. And it really didn't improve his standing with the rest of the family(save for Victor kinda)at least not for long. 

I hadn't followed Y&R too closely except to peep in on our girl Sally, but I'm glad the writers didn't repeat the mistakes B&B did when they gave that story to Flo.

4 hours ago, Skarzero said:

After he said this I honestly regretted(for about 2 minutes lol) calling Liam, Lame for so long

Naw, he's still got a LOT of real work to do for atoning to Hope for his bullshit in the past and I'm sure he'll fall 8nti Steffy's bed sooner or later again. 

But no one else seems to have any brain cells where Tom-Ass is concerned, so I'll take my allies where I can get them lol

36 minutes ago, KerleyQ said:

Are we supposed to believe that he just got over that? And especially now that Douglas chose to go back to Hope and Liam's house, he's right back where he started, and he's gotten nothing that he schemed for - his parents aren't together, Hope is still with Liam, and Douglas is living with the two of them. I just don't buy that he's ready to get over all of that

Me neither. The show has always done fake outs like this too and not just on Thomas. Way back in 2009 when Rick was the show's entitled bastard character, the show led us to believe he'd developed feeling for Steffy in the wake of Phoebe's death only to reveal he was just playing the long game.

Frankly, it's exhausting and boring and even the Thomas fans deserve than this holding pattern he's been in over the last four years. As @KerleyQsaid up thread, he hasn't paid for any of his crimes but at the very bare minimum, he can and should lose out on Hope permanently and independent of  Lope splitting up down the road.

Edited by Anna Yolei
  • Like 7

Today’s show almost made me vomit. Exactly how did NuTay save lives all over the world? Did she dig wells, open medical clinics, plant gardens to feed people? She, Thomas and Ridge fell all over themselves today to complement each other. I can’t watch this anymore.

• Like 10

Wasn't it one day last week that Brooke and Sludge actually spoke about their long forgotten son, RJ? Was that a one-off conversation or will their mystery child be coming home for the summer? I don't see how he'd fit into any existing story lines. Will there be a summer teen story line with him and some new interns maybe?

• Like 4
  • Useful 1

Slight spoiler but RJ is set to return either this week or next.

EDIT: given he was a teen in 2017, he should be mid-20s now.

Personally, I hope he returns with some tricks his big bro Rick taught him to get rid of his other trash bro Tom-Ass, but we all know we'll be yet another parent trapper who will be thrown together with Paris because he's related to everyone else 😒

Edited by Anna Yolei
  • Like 7
  • Useful 1
2 hours ago, Anna Yolei said:

given he was a teen in 2017, he should be mid-20s now.

Not necessarily. I remember when Steffy and Phoebe were SORASed as real twin teens. And Steffy was the one who liked Brooke, who was raising them while Taylor was dead. It was ironic, but short-lived. And then all of a sudden the twins were de-SORASed into the real twin little girls. So the show already has a precedent for de-aging the kids.

• Like 5

What was that bullshit about how Thomas is grateful that his relationship with Hope is finally getting back on track? Finally?  It's been like four months, not four years. And his parents should have called him on that, because it's an expression of that same sense of entitlement he always has. His mentality should be that he's grateful she's been able to try to move past his crap so soon. From a viewer's standpoint it doesn't feel much like he got kicked out of FC so much as he took a little vacation from FC. 

And maybe you could look at that one comment as a one off, just an expression of how he loves designing so much that it felt like he was away from HFTF for an eternity. But, Taylor also just sat there the previous night when Thomas was pushing her to spend time with Ridge again. She should see these comments here and there adding up to reason for concern. Especially since today he also mentioned how he was trying to hurry up and finish the design he's working so he could surprise Hope with it. 

There are just all these little comments he's made to and in front of Taylor that a world renowned psychologist should be picking up on to show that maybe he's not really over the issues he claims to be over. 

Credit to Brooke for not being pissed at Hope and trying to be understanding and offer her some advice. I'd still be pissed about her display at my house last night, if I was her.  

• Like 3
  • Love 7
2 hours ago, SweePea59 said:

Not necessarily. I remember when Steffy and Phoebe were SORASed as real twin teens. And Steffy was the one who liked Brooke, who was raising them while Taylor was dead. It was ironic, but short-lived. And then all of a sudden the twins were de-SORASed into the real twin little girls. So the show already has a precedent for de-aging the kids.

Did they? They had those Hoover twins, who were awful for like a year...they were the ones in the role when Taylor was raised from the dead before Makenzie Mauzy was brought in to play Phoebe the following year. I do not remember any de-aging in between but I could be mistaken.

That said, I'm still forever salty they waited this long to do anything with RJ when he and Hope had a closer age gap than Rick and Bridget, who were SORASed fairly close to one another. It would've been a much welcomed true neutral voice in the Liam Wars of 2012 who either would've been sick of the family dragging him into the mess or someone sick of him fucking around with *both* his sisters. I can't believe that Ridge Forrester Jr has been so spectacularly underutilized for this long.

• Like 9
8 minutes ago, Anna Yolei said:

I can't believe that Ridge Forrester Jr has been so spectacularly underutilized for this long.

This. It is mind-boggling that he only gets a mention about once a year.

Say, isn't it about time that Prince Omar came back a got Taylor again?

• Like 4
  • LOL 7

D.I.D. or no, I'm not mad about Hope giving her mother a hard time.  Even if a lot of it is misplaced*.  Anything that puts daylight between Brooke and her most wonderfulest child ever is fine with me.  Their tooclose relationship has always rankled me as Brooke was never this over-involved in her other kids' lives.  I imagine it's an overcorrection based on Hope's scandalous conception but still.  It's gross and Bridget, Rick and RJ should be giving her the side-eye for her fixation on this one child.

*Brooke only went for the "bad boy" once.  And that was Hope's own father.  Can't even say Hope is channeling Stephanie either as this "bad boy" nonsense was never part of Stephanie's screed against Brooke.  Brooke was a "slut from the Valley", sure, but there was never a mention of her having a fatal attraction to "bad boys".  This is just dumb retconning. 

• Like 6
  • Applause 3
2 hours ago, Cool Breeze said:

Their tooclose relationship has always rankled me as Brooke was never this over-involved in her other kids' lives. 

I mean...kinda? I remember her getting her hands dirty to try to break up Amber and Rick a few times...hell, Amber's return in the 2010s was the reason Brooke called up NY to bring Caroline II to LA to begin with.

That said, it was nowhere near the involvement she's had in Hope's life, sitting in on therapy session and setting up whole weddings. Brooke is just as responsible for the over-sheltered mess that kid was ten years ago as anyone.

• Like 6
  • Useful 1

I’ve only been watching this show since 2020 (started because they were the first ones back filming), so I have to ask - are they ever capable of carrying more than one storyline at a time?  It was Sheila/Sheila/Sheila, now Hope/Hope/Hope. I’ve seen half hour soaps before (going back to Ryan’s Hope!) that managed to juggle multiple stories.  It is so boooooooring if you don’t like the one plot they’re using as a sledgehammer. 

• Like 4
  • Applause 7
  • Love 2
14 minutes ago, BoffoDaWonderSheep said:

I’ve only been watching this show since 2020 (started because they were the first ones back filming), so I have to ask - are they ever capable of carrying more than one storyline at a time?  

To be quite honest, the last time this show had more than one mid-to-terrible story being balanced was before the first iPad was released. I started noticing the train coming off that track in 2010 when Bridget had no scenes with Hope for months, but it got glaringly obvious in 2011 or 2012 when every conversation anyone had anymore had to do with the ToD. People have said this was the reason Ronn Moss left and while the head injuries affecting his ability to memorize lines played a bigger factor, I wouldn't blame him if he had.

14 minutes ago, BoffoDaWonderSheep said:

I’ve seen half hour soaps before (going back to Ryan’s Hope!) that managed to juggle multiple stories.

Even B&B itself juggled multiple stories. People new to the show have suggested it needed to expand to a full hour, but thanks to the Bell Family themselves putting B&B's backlog up on YouTube, that argument can at long last be put to bed that it's the time slot that's the problem.

Edited by Anna Yolei
  • Like 7
  • Applause 1
  • Useful 2

That meeting was obnoxious. I got irritated right out of the gate when Thomas spoke up to tell Zende how his work was important and he's been noticed. Shouldn't that reassurance come from Hope with regard to HFTF or Steffy/Ridge with regard to FC overall?  And then Thomas decided to also praise Hope on behalf of the whole team. Like, there's only two other people on the team (well, I guess three, if you count new girl). They don't need an official spokesperson to handle their statements in a 5 person meeting. 

And I will harp on the timeline for the rest of my days, but how are they getting numbers back on sales when Thomas's designs have only gotten as far as him having samples made of two designs with a third design down on paper? That is not how any of this works, show. 

I appreciate every time Liam points out to someone that it has happened multiple other times that Thomas has been a new and improved man until he isn't again. And Steffy is sitting there acting like Thomas has done a single damn thing to show he's changed, beyond repeatedly ambushing her at her home, under mommy's protection and cooperation, until mommy browbeat Steffy into welcoming him back into the fold, because her kids not getting along gave her a sad. 

• Like 7
  • Applause 1
  • Useful 3
7 hours ago, KerleyQ said:

And Steffy is sitting there acting like Thomas has done a single damn thing to show he's changed, beyond repeatedly ambushing her at her home, under mommy's protection and cooperation, until mommy browbeat Steffy into welcoming him back into the fold, because her kids not getting along gave her a sad. 

I have one older sister who I have not spoken to in years. To be perfectly frank, our relationship is toxic, and I made the painful decision that I could no longer tolerate her entitled, selfish, and completely self-absorbed actions, and cut her out of my life. My mom is having a sad too, but she knows not to interfere, and will only go as far as saying she wishes we could get past it. 

9 hours ago, BoffoDaWonderSheep said:

I’ve only been watching this show since 2020 (started because they were the first ones back filming), so I have to ask - are they ever capable of carrying more than one storyline at a time?

I started watching when Show first aired, but due to today's repetitive writing and rewashing of scripts and SL's, I have been drawn back to its roots and have started from the beginning on YouTube. Even though I have seen it before, I still find myself a little amazed at how complex and deep the SL's were back then. At one point in season 2, we have Eric discovering he has an adult daughter who is disabled, while Thorne marries Ridge's first love Caroline after she has been raped. Thorne finds out Ridge had drunken sex with Caroline and shoots him in the head, and Stephanie takes the fall for it. Then there is Bill Spencer and Donna Logan, who is trying to expose his involvement in porno magazines. Ridge is romancing Brooke, as Stephanie shops for a gigolo to romance her oldest daughter Kristen because she is jealous of her relationship with Eric. This gigolo, a man named Clark, works for their competition Spectra, and ends up involved with Eric's assistant Margo, and they end up having a son. Yes, all going on simultaneously, and seamlessly weaved together in truly compelling and interesting storytelling. 

Don't even get me started on season 7, when we have the battle for BeLief and Brooke taking over Forrester. 

Edited by RuntheTable
  • Like 2
  • Useful 2
  • Love 6
On 4/11/2023 at 2:27 PM, CountryGirl said:

Nice they gave a nod to his computer geek past. Gold star to the writer for the day.

Liam and Hope have enough money and knowledge where Liam could’ve created a digital publishing platform for HFTF where instead of being tied only to FC for the fashion line expand it to a lifestyle brand like Chip and Johanna Gaines and they do their own thing independent of FC and Thomas. 

They’ve teased Thope for so long they need to do it already and have Liam take his lumps for once. Hope can get pregnant and know WTD is and we either have Bill change the patently results in favor of Liam or ghost of Vinnie return to swing paternity Thomas’s way. Either way let’s get this disaster started already. If a single Liam is licking his wounds and Steffy accommodates him in any way my money is on Finn’s Sheila psycho genes activation 

I’m still catching up but did Brooke actually turn down Ridge in consideration of Taylor’s feelings? Brooke ain’t nevah honored a pact, promise, or marriage vows! She took his daughter’s and sister’s man and apologized after the fact 😂 I’m shocked and proud they’re letting her maintain some shred of dignity in this situation. 

• Like 6