Type keyword(s) to search

B&B: What's Up Today at Forrester Creations? - Daily Chat

• Start Topic

It’s so interesting reading everyone’s comments like “Liam & Deacon had great chemistry yesterday.” Add that to previous comments like “Liam & $Bill are so believable as father & son because they have ‘it’”, “Wyatt & Liam have great brother-chemistry”, “Liam & Quinn have great ‘hate’-chemistry, they should hook up”, “Liam & Ivy sparkle together”, “Steffy & Liam, AKA Steam, are smoking hot together”. I don’t recall ever seeing a “Hope & Liam light up the screen together”. Take note, TPTB, no matter how many sticky sweet montages you shove down our throats, drippy Hope completely brings SC/Liam down. I fully agree with a previous poster, the best part of KM leaving is no more montages to that mopey song!

On the other hand, I’d love to see a Caroline/Ridge montage. A year ago, I hated Caroline. I was a Rick/Maya shipper, and to me, Caroline was a brat. Also, a year ago, I couldn’t get behind the new Ridge, not that I ever got behind the old Ridge (cardboard, meet scarf). However, they completely stumbled onto chemistry-gold with TK & LG. I can’t imagine the show without either of them now. I actually have wondered if they didn’t expect so much chemistry between the 2. I think that if they’d seen it, this storyline would’ve drawn-out longer. I still think Ridge & Caroline will wind up having a white-hot affair, it’ll just be the scenic route to get there.

• Love 9

IMO, many people see racism as this overt, epithet dropping, cross burning, "The South Will Rise Again" nonsense. But it's sophisticated; it's evolved with the times. It's also insidious. Like I said, I'm not going to say that Caroline and Maya were racial, but I've experienced enough to be able to say "That's what it felt like to me, and it's unfortunate that you didn't take different perspectives into account."

I also don't think that the "black sisterhood" that slayer2 talked about has to be a call to arms (it's not, actually). It's not at the expense of anyone, it's not marginalizing anyone else, just making sure that you don't take part in the marginalizing of a person that belongs to a group that is already marginalized.

Maya and Carter aren't "the black characters" to me, either, but I think it's almost as insensitive to think that they exist in some colorblind, we're all the same bubble. We're not all the same. That doesn't make different people bad or inferior, but it just means that you can't paint everyone with the same broad strokes. Like, you can call Maya "the help" if you want to (sorry thewhiteowl ;-) ), but that conjures up centuries of a very targeted denigration of people who look like I do.

But this is a soap opera. An enjoyable one (more than Y&R, anyway), but one just the same. Most of this stuff I brush off because, well, look at what I'm watching. I do see it, though, and it makes me uncomfortable sometimes.

Hope we haven't derailed the convo too much, mods. :-D

All of this. And frankly, more entertaining to discuss than the show itself. With recent events in the American news (not sure if St3ph Forrester has heard about the Ferguson protests in Oz), you'd think more people on the staff may consider that possibility of things being intepreted the wrong way.

FWIW, I always took it as Brad Bell and Co.'s usual lazy ass writing with the Caroline/Maya shit from day one, from giving the former a personality transplant to making the latter doe eyed and lame until the plot called on her to have been a scheming bitch the whole time.

• Love 7

I forgot to mention during yesterdays deleted scene when they ran down the list of what they know about Quinn, Aly should have mentioned the evil smell on her.

Speaking of those scenes, I want to thank Kia112 for posting the deleted scenes (which are usually better than the aired ones) because I'm too lazy to find them on my own.

I guess i was wrong about the fantasy sequence, but I still don't believe Quinn would grovel in her fantasy.

What was up with Katie just standing there as Donna struggled to get that massive box in the door?

When the door opened Katie said something like "Why won't you let me help you with that ?" so she at least tried.

After watching Hope and Liam yesterday I began to understand why she went to see him. Hope praise. Hope adulation. Hope reverence. Hope is used to receiving these things from both Liam and Wyatt, but now she is only getting them from Wyatt and it is simply not enough. What I noticed was how Hope's entire demeanor changed once Liam started reassuring her that she was still the "special" one. UGH.

That blissful look KM gives when Hope is being praised is kind of sickening.

FWIW, I always took it as Brad Bell and Co.'s usual lazy ass writing with the Caroline/Maya shit from day one,

I always err on the side of lazy ass writing when it comes to this show.

Oh and Quinn maybe you could take a bigger slice of cake next time.

Edited by Gudzilla
  • Love 8

So I guess the whole point of Maya being at the shower was so Crinoline could spend the whole party rolling her eyes and then start back with the "Myrna" stuff. I'm not Team Maya but it's looking like maybe I'm not going to be able to root for either of them.

Clearly the premature baby shower was intended to be an on-screen going away party but do TPTB rightly assume that the audience knows KM is leaving? Because if not, I thought it was kinda creepy when they rolled in that expensive stroller for a woman who isn't even out of her first trimester yet. I just don't see even rich Beverly HIlls women taunting fate like that so it makes no sense unless they're setting up a ridiculously tragic ending for Hope's pregnancy.

• Love 1

I'm honestly surprised thst the possibly of this baby being Liam's has not even been touched upon in three damn months. I mean, she obviously wants to go back to Liam* and if history is any indication he could easily drop Ivy "for the baby," as everyone has done on this show at least once.

*Man, I wish Jack Wagner had interacted more with adult Hope--how appropriate would it have been to have Nick singing "Going Back Again" at any of her eight wedding attempts to Mini Eggo?

• Love 3

Yep, totally Quinn's fantasy.  I so rarely get this stuff right, I'm pretty pleased with myself for calling this one.  But I stand by my earlier comment that Hope really should give an inch on this one.  Quinn is crazy and dangerous, but she is only going to get MORE crazy and MORE dangerous by denying her all access to the baby.  Is it ideal?  No.  But if Hope really wants what is best for her baby, she would realize that letting Quinn in for short and supervised interactions (in public, with witnesses) would be the safest course of action.  I think that Hope is holding a grudge against and punishing Quinn for delaying Liam getting to her, thus resulting in Hope's marriage to Wyatt, and that none of this has anything to do with the baby.  

I kind of feel sorry for Quinn?  I give the actress all the credit for that - she's portraying lonely and isolated and ostracized really well, even though we all know she's whackadoodle. I loved her taking a piece of cake and sneaking out; it was really kind of sweet.

Just because I need to say it regularly: Shut up, Hope. You're insufferable.​

• Love 8
I honestly thought she was bringing home that slab of cake for some kinky sex play with Deacon. I wasn't watching when he was on the show "back in the day"--was he always such a horn-dog? Sheesh. Every word out of his mouth is a sexual innuendo about Quinn & him. And the thing is...I'm not even feeling it between them at all. It's so forced.

I don't remember Deacon as being horny, so much as a con and a grifter. He married Brooke's daughter Bridget as a big FU to all the rich folk, then turned right around and started swapping spit, and engaging in a full blown affair with Brooke. Although, that whole thing was smokin hot! And of course it produced Hope.........

• Love 4
meanwhile, Caroline has gone back to Rick, and Ridge has gone back to Katie? Are they even going to address how that's all (not) working out?

Seriously, how have we not seen Ridge and Caroline in their respective homes thinking about each other yet?  We get Hope and Liam flashbacks multiple times per week (or per episode some days), and we can't see Ridge and Caroline unable to sleep at night flashing back to the time he smelled her hair, grabbed the pencil and tossed it away and kissed her?  Come on, show! 

• Love 7

Amen, KerleyQ! That was the BEST, wasn't it?! He was all "Oh, eff it! I'm not fighting it anymore! Get over here!" The pencil toss was priceless...

I love that scene.  It's like someone finally figured out how to write the kind of stuff TK does best.  

• Love 4

I agree Deacon wasn't just a sex fiend, just a con artist who married Bridget to fuck with the Forresters for not getting Rick and Amber broken up, then fell for Brooke. By the time he was with Macy and Jackie, he had mostly stopped being the show's token bad boy.

• Love 1
Seriously, how have we not seen Ridge and Caroline in their respective homes thinking about each other yet?  We get Hope and Liam flashbacks multiple times per week (or per episode some days), and we can't see Ridge and Caroline unable to sleep at night flashing back to the time he smelled her hair, grabbed the pencil and tossed it away and kissed her?  Come on, show!

Yes! After building up the heat for weeks with C/R, they first let us down by having her reconcile with Rick, then by not giving us any payoff watching R/C struggle with their choices. So, are we to just assume it is all hunky dory with both couples? And what was with Caroline's remark to Maya about getting her stuff out of her house? I thought Maya was holed up at Brooke's? If Maya and Rick have be living together in the guest house, then where has Caroline been living? 

That was the BEST, wasn't it?! He was all "Oh, eff it! I'm not fighting it anymore! Get over here!" The pencil toss was priceless...

It was the best....and I want more. Lots more. I don't know how I am going to get through these next weeks of the Hope show. The fucking worship is about to kill me.

• Love 5
Yes! After building up the heat for weeks with C/R, they first let us down by having her reconcile with Rick, then by not giving us any payoff watching R/C struggle with their choices. So, are we to just assume it is all hunky dory with both couples?

I think it's likely due to two things - TK's shooting schedule (he's been on screen an awful lot lately, due to this story line, so he must have been due some time off to travel back east), and they may scrambling to re-tool the whole story.  I don't think they envisioned Ridge/Caroline being something that worked like it has.  I think the original story was likely going to just be "Caroline gets a crush on her mentor, Ridge, and Ridge uses that crush to take FC away from Rick."  But TK and LG have that lightning in a bottle type chemistry, so now they need to step back and re-think things.  Like the spoiler that

Caroline was going to sleep with Carter.  I'd bet that was the initial plan, for Caroline to be despondent after Rick dumps her and she realized that Ridge was just using her, so she goes off and gets drunk and hooks up with Carter.  Now, her hooking up with Carter would make so little sense.   

Even knowing all of that though, dammit, I want them on my screen.  

• Love 4

Yep, totally Quinn's fantasy.  I so rarely get this stuff right, I'm pretty pleased with myself for calling this one.  But I stand by my earlier comment that Hope really should give an inch on this one.  Quinn is crazy and dangerous, but she is only going to get MORE crazy and MORE dangerous by denying her all access to the baby.  Is it ideal?  No.  But if Hope really wants what is best for her baby, she would realize that letting Quinn in for short and supervised interactions (in public, with witnesses) would be the safest course of action.  I think that Hope is holding a grudge against and punishing Quinn for delaying Liam getting to her, thus resulting in Hope's marriage to Wyatt, and that none of this has anything to do with the baby.  

I kind of feel sorry for Quinn?  I give the actress all the credit for that - she's portraying lonely and isolated and ostracized really well, even though we all know she's whackadoodle. I loved her taking a piece of cake and sneaking out; it was really kind of sweet.

Just because I need to say it regularly: Shut up, Hope. You're insufferable.​

I don't think Hope can give Quinn an inch as in a public meeting place since Quinn has proven she won't respect any boundaries at all.  I do agree that this is more about punishing Quinn than the baby's safety, so far.

I rather liked Liam waiting in her home, she comes and goes in other's homes as she wants, about time she got an taste of that.

• Love 4

I'd like to see Quinn get a taste of Liam. Instead, we'll go the predictable route of having Liam rescue Hope from Quinn's nuttiness while Wyatt stands around like an oblivious dufus.

I'll keep pointing this out until the show gives up the Lope ghost. If these two fools wanted to be together, they could be. There was never anything stopping them from finding a justice of the peace and getting hitched. They chose otherwise.

If I have to watch two people moon over each other, I'd rather it be Ridge and Caroline.

• Love 5

Damn....I'm loving this show (Hope aside--what a waste of space and air).

Loved Deacon and Liam. I'm a big fan of both SC (misused on OLTL to prop up Starr, another character waste of space and air)&SK on GH. Ron C and Frank V seemed to have it in for him/or the character....I think both...from the get go. Any one who watches GH knows what I mean.

Love Quinn and her warped take on reality. RS is really good bringing the crazy.

ITA....why was Maya at the shower? Oh, yeah....so Caroline could rub her nose in it. But I can't wait for fallout when Myrna tells Caroline the truth.

Gotta run....pesky customers.

Did I mention I'm loving this show?

• Love 4

Kudos, show...you had me (and a lot of us) fooled by the episode-ending fantasy.  I should have known once Hope said, "Mom", but I fell for it!

If, as some of you have predicted, Hope does lose this baby, I hope they don't make it Quinn's fault somehow.

• Love 2

After two glorious weeks of precious little Dope, Lope, Chickehead and everyone else tied to that trio of doom, there's no way, stupid writers, that i could spend this week watching those loons wash, rinse, repeat the same lines over and over and over in person and flashbacks! I want my Caroline and Ridge and Rick and Myrna drama. i have watched just one episode this week and fast-forwarded through most of it. And even if the actor who plays Ridge is back east, there's plenty of material they could be writing about how Rick and Caroline are coping now that they're back under the same roof. It can't be easy to get back to normal when your husband has been fucking his "lead model" and you're crushing on his brother/ex-stepfather. Seriously, are the good writers spending time with TK's family, too?

• Love 7

These two are no Liam and Bill, that's for sure. Interesting things about this one:

Wyatt talks about how he didn't know Bill was his father until a few years ago?! A few years ago as in, May/June/July 2013? What kind of timeline are they working with on this show?!

Wyatt says that he's never seen Bill change diapers. Well, that's probably true since he never interacts with his father unless he wants something (like Liam's house). These two have a lot of catching up to do as far as bonding goes.

http://youtu.be/OeUo2vjS3sU

• Love 5

KKL is def able to play the Mama Bear....she certainly ripped Amber a few new assholes back in the day, and Maya deserves one just as much as she does. Amber never had the nerve to prance around in Brooke's bedroom in her wardrobe. :/

• Love 5

Brooke has more in common with Maya than with Caroline, she has far less reason to have any beef with her than Amber. Frankly I liked Amber anyways but as I understood it she wasn't that into Rick at first. 

Poor Quinn. Rena Sofer is so damn good that I really am feeling sorry for her crazy butt, when Quinn cut the piece of cake and snuck out I almost cried.

• Love 5

Does anyone know why KM is leaving the show? If they plan on recasting Hope, I certainly want it to be someone with a totally different personality.  The present Hope character just doesn't seem to be working for me. Don't know why, maybe she exudes too much of a self righteous and judgmental approach, or maybe the character is written that way. Just don't know.

Edited by godfreydaniels
  • Love 6

So spoilers for next week have

Tragic events ensue for Wyatt and Hope which can only mean they lose the baby, right?  Wow that was quick.

And in casting news,

but no clue is this a brief stint or full time return.

Totally agree that the Ridge/Caroline story is probably being tweaked to circle back to them having a full blown affair. I think it'll happen after Caroline feels she's done the right thing and really given her marriage a try only to find out that Rick reconciled to secure his position at Forrester. Once that ish comes to light and his trying to keep Maya on the side, she'll go after what she wants -Ridge. And money says it won't be Katie who is the obstacle but MommaBear Brooke who will be livid that Caroline hurt her son AND that it was with Ridge. We're gonna get Caroline 2.0 v Brooke.

Yeah, I can't believe no one has wondered if Liam is the baby's father either. I think that plot twist would be happening if KM wasn't leaving since Hope/Liam and a baby seems to be endgame. I think the baby will be a tock so that recastHope comes in free of an anchor to either Wyatt or Liam and they start from scratch to see who she has chemistry with or pair her with a new guy or have her bounce back to Oliver to completely dash Aly's hero worship of her so they can become battling enemies.

• Love 6

Yeah, I can't believe no one has wondered if Liam is the baby's father either. I think that plot twist would be happening if KM wasn't leaving since Hope/Liam and a baby seems to be endgame. I think the baby will be a tock so that recastHope comes in free of an anchor to either Wyatt or Liam and they start from scratch to see who she has chemistry with or pair her with a new guy or have her bounce back to Oliver to completely dash Aly's hero worship of her so they can become battling enemies.

i wonder, too. To be such a young girl, Hope has had many loves already. Oliver, Thomas, Liam and Wyatt. She definitely  is her mothers daughter!!

• Love 1
And in casting news, (spoiler) but no clue is this a brief stint or full time return.

That surprises me for several reasons but whatever, so much for the rumors that

the role of Steffy was being recast

It can't be easy to get back to normal when your husband has been fucking his "lead model" and you're crushing on his brother/ex-stepfather.

Yeah, it's hard to believe that she has just slipped back into bed with Rick like nothing happened. That's disgusting. At the very least we should see/have seen a scene where she considers the significance and has some doubt. Heck, she should insist that Rick get STD-tested first.

• Love 2

Tragic events ensue for Wyatt and Hope which can only mean they lose the baby, right? Wow that was quick.

And in casting news,

Totally agree that the Ridge/Caroline story is probably being tweaked to circle back to them having a full blown affair. I think it'll happen after Caroline feels she's done the right thing and really given her marriage a try only to find out that Rick reconciled to secure his position at Forrester. Once that ish comes to light and his trying to keep Maya on the side, she'll go after what she wants -Ridge. And money says it won't be Katie who is the obstacle but MommaBear Brooke who will be livid that Caroline hurt her son AND that it was with Ridge. We're gonna get Caroline 2.0 v Brooke.

After watching today's episode and biased on this spoiler this will either end Hope and Wyatt's marriage or bind them like glue. But her baby would be a legacy baby right? I mean you've got Logan's and the Spencer's with a splash of Sharpe

• Love 1

I think this will end up bonding them.  Wyatt just left his visit with Bill, so he has Bill's voice in his head telling him how unbalanced Quinn is, then Hope's going to be found out cold after the longest roll down stairs in history, and either Quinn will still be there (because she was genuinely freaked out) or he'll find out that she was there, and he'll assume she pushed Hope.  Naturally,  Hope won't remember what happened, so when she hears that Quinn was there, she'll assume she had something to do with her fall.  My guess is, eventually, she'll remember the truth, Wyatt will feel awful for blaming his mother for the loss of his baby (I assume the baby's gone after that fall, soap fans don't call it a mis-stairrage for nothing), and Hope will still not trust her, they'll split, and she'll leave town. 

It occurred to me while watching today that we must be seeing some stuff that was written the second they found out KM was leaving.  The rushed baby shower, Hope and Ivy suddenly making nice at the shower, and now Hope takes a tumble down the stairs in a way that is completely not remotely open to interpretation that it could have been Quinn's fault.  I think that they decided to try to redeem Quinn via KM's exit story.  If KM was sticking around, Quinn would have been standing right there, maybe she'd have grabbed Hope's arm to stop her from turning away, and Hope would have fallen as she was shaking off Quinn's grasp.  

• Love 5

2 quick things...first of all, I see that "Operation Redeem Quinn" is in full-effect. Not that I'm complaining, I love RS as Quinn, and I hope she's redeemed so she can stick around. Of course, she'll get blamed for causing the fall, but when everyone finds out that it wasn't her fault, and she goes above-&-beyond to save Hope, which I'm assuming she will, she'll be in like Quinn (hee hee, totally just came to me!). Side note, but Hope really is the dumbest dummy in the world. I just had my 1st baby this summer, and from very early on, I wore flats or a very small heel. Why is she traipsing around in Kardashian-like heels climbing stairs around a (misguided) psycho when she's carrying a child? Maybe that's just me, because I also waited until my 3rd trimester to have my shower, so she & I have a different Mommy-style.

Second, at this point, haven't Wype been married for around 3 months? Isn't that longer that Hope/Liam have been married collectively in all of their 651 attempts at wedded bliss?

• Love 7

That fall.  That fall!  This show does stunts in the most hilariously awesome way.  Helicopter Ridge, the Ridge/Bill fight, and now this.  It's amazing.  

I agree that Liam was being creepy.  And I don't get why all of a sudden he was worried that Quinn was going to do something *right now*.  Quinn's been out wandering out all the time, and hasn't attacked Hope.  If Wyatt had served the restraining order, sure, the fear makes sense, but as is, it seemed like he jumped from 0 to 60 awfully quick, and that he assumed Quinn would do the same (well, for her, let's call it 30 to 60...).  

• Love 5

Tragic events ensue for Wyatt and Hope which can only mean they lose the baby, right? Wow that was quick.

And in casting news,

Has there been Caroline vs Brooke 1.0? Or do you mean Caroline the first? I can't help wishing Brooke was a little more like Kate Dimera on DOOL when it comes to protecting her children but then again Kate doesn't sleep with her daughter's men. At least not while they're dating.

I'd love for Brooke to lose it on Caroline and Ridge. It's clear they really hurt her son and if it were any other guy he could have gotten passed it but that glorified tailor is just asking too much. Love how he just hand waves how he treated Brooke all these years when Rick brings it up /sarcasm. God how I loathe him. I think it makes matters even worse because it's not like Rick couldn't have cheated. Maya threw herself at him a ton of times and he rejected her so I'm sure that makes it hurt all the more and now to know that Caroline is actually in love with that cradle-robbing creeper. Gah! I'd be going over the deep end too.

Eric is right about one thing, business is business and the best revenge is living well. I wouldn't be so emotional in the meetings and I sure as hell wouldn't try to sink the line though I would want to. He has to put the company first however unfair. At least if he does that then through all this Ridge still won't win in that way. Seriously though Ridge is the worst non-bio brother ever. Rick must feel like Morgan on General Hospital where all that ever mattered was Michael.

Edited by slayer2
  • Love 3

That fall.  That fall!  This show does stunts in the most hilariously awesome way.  Helicopter Ridge, the Ridge/Bill fight, and now this.  It's amazing.  

Don't forget KL Rick's hilarious fall from the roof.

• Love 3

The beef that I'm talking about (as in Brooke going all "Mama Bear" on Maya's butt) is that Maya has been wearing Brooke's lingerie robe around her house--post-coitally (ugh). Unless Maya actually brought an overnight bag with her when she went to comfort Rick? She could've just washed off and put her own clothes back on, or gone the old standby route of wearing the guy's shirt afterwards. But Brooke's stuff? That's just crossing the line.

Why would Brroke even know that happened, though? It was one time, weeks ago (or maybe months with this show's wonky timeline). Unless Maya was still there and wearing it when she got back.

I wonder if falling down the stairs can really kill a baby. I know it can break a person's neck but has it actually been proven to kill a fetus? Soaps need to start calling stairs the babykiller.

Edited by slayer2

if Brooke had come home to find Rick's girlfriend ensconced there, wearing her stuff and drinking her champagne, then I'd say Brooke has a justifiable beef.

Is it a justifiable beef when it's the lead model wearing your robe? ;-)

Edited by ByTor
  • Love 8

Maya looked like she was still at Brooke's house when she called Rick at Thanksgiving and he was pretending (to Caroline) to talk to some foreign FC guy. That's what I mean--if Brooke had come home to find Rick's girlfriend ensconced there, wearing her stuff and drinking her champagne, then I'd say Brooke has a justifiable beef.

I know a lot of things are topsy turvy right now, but I have a hard time believing that Rick wouldn't tell Maya "Stay here and make yourself at home." If Rick didn't know that Maya was squatting there, that would be one thing, but I doubt that's the case. I'm sure that Brooke will have her squinty eyed suspicion when she walks in and finds Maya there, but once Rick explains that Maya was invited to stay there, I don't see why there would be a problem.

You would think that as both Brooke's son and her boss that Rick would know when she's coming back and give Maya a heads up to leave, but that would make too much sense, so I'm sure it won't happen.

Pretty repetitive stuff in this one.

http://youtu.be/xg1zxX7QzYA

• Love 3

KKL is def able to play the Mama Bear....

and has the costume to prove it. ;)

Someone needs to loop that stair fall  aka Hope's greatest moment.

Quinn (very uncharacteristically) gives up and says goodbye so Dope can fall down the stairs all on her own and Quinn can be blamed. These writers are hilarious ! Now I know where the Under The Dome writers go in the off-season.

I almost forgot to mention how awesome the HOTT song Chickenhead was listening to was.

Edited by Gudzilla
  • Love 5

I don't disagree that it was weird to wear Brooke's clothes, all I'm saying is that unless Maya's wearing Brooke's clothes when she comes back, I don't see why Brooke would give her the stink eye.

Brooke: What are you doing here?

Maya: Rick invited me to stay here while you were gone.

Brooke: Okaaay?

At that point, it's on Rick.