Type keyword(s) to search

B&B: What's Up Today at Forrester Creations? - Daily Chat

• Start Topic

6 hours ago, tessaray said:

While I am not a Steffy fan, I kept thinking how much better this would have been if she had someone in her corner to even things out.  Such a wasted opportunity not to have had Steffy come home from Paris with the girls and a hot new guy.  

She’s got her dad, but yeah, it would be nice if Steffy or anyone on this show had friends. The rest of her immediate family is batcrap crazy. Of course, a decent friend or family member would be gently guiding Steffy toward accepting the truth. 

The show also should have mentioned Phoebe I long before they did and featured scenes of Steffy giving a damn about her dead twin. Instead it feels like Bell decided he wanted to do this toxic baby switch, so all of a sudden Kelly just had to have a sister close to her age. Ridiculously transparent.

• Love 8

Legal stuff on this show is whacky at best but why would they have to invalidate an adoption that never happened?  Intentionally or not, they bought Beth. The paperwork, if they have any, is fake. Steffy is more likely to be arrested for something she didn't even realize she did. JMO.

• Useful 1
  • Love 16
18 minutes ago, thewhiteowl said:

Legal stuff on this show is whacky at best but why would they have to invalidate an adoption that never happened?  Intentionally or not, they bought Beth. The paperwork, if they have any, is fake. Steffy is more likely to be arrested for something she didn't even realize she did. JMO.

Because if Liam and Hope take Beth home and Steffy calls the cops, the adoption looks legit. The paperwork seemed fine enough for it to have been filed with no red flags. It’s only when Lope tell the cops about the shadiness, and the cops investigate it, would the adoption be invalidated. If this all happens late at night when no one can reach that doctor because she’s asleep in her bed, then Lope could spend the night in jail. It would all get worked out of course, and charges dropped, but it’s not the way they want to spend their first night with Beth. Then, they still wouldn’t just leave Beth with Lope. Social services would take her until they could determine parentage. They could determine Beth could stay with one of the Forresters/Logan’s until they determine parentage, but that’s not a guarantee and completely dependent on these people keeping their shit together long enough for social services to think it’s a safe environment... which, these people keeping their shit together is not exactly their forte. After that, yes, Steffy is the one who could be in legal trouble, but everyone seems convinced she knew nothing about it, so she’d likely be fine. 

Beth has shown that she is quite comfortable being around her parents so although there will be an adjustment in no way that it would be detrimental to Beth overall well being.

This is where encouraging Liam to be Phoebes father really bites her in the ass. Yes, Beth is comfortable with Hope, but Liam has been a constant in her life at Steffy’s urging. Him taking Beth back to Hope’s cabin won’t affect Beth any differently then, say, her living with him in an apartment in Paris, which, if I recall correctly, she spent a good deal of her life living in, so they can really stop with this whole “this house is the only home she knows” crap. 

But I gotta admit if they really want the audience to feel even a tinge of sympathy for this character, having Taylor around with her own looney ravings about Brooke ruining her family is a great way to go.

Agreed. It would also help in determining if this change in Steffy is legit, or if her new attitude about burying the hatchet with Hope and not turning into her mother was only because of JMW’s maternity leave. I want to believe this is a new Steffy, but I fear she’ll revert to form now that JMW is back full time. If Taylor were around, trying to fill her head with nonsense about Hope and Liam, actively encouraging her to come between them, actively trying to get her to hate Brooke, and Steffy was resisting her, it would do a lot to make me think she’s a rootable character now. Thomas filled that role a bit, but they only had the one or two scenes.

• Love 4

The only reason there even was a "Phoebe" was to serve as a FU to Hope (and Brooke). Hope not only walked away with Liam, but she refused to let Beth be around BSC Taylor. The fact that Beth "died" was just a bonus as far as Hauxdi was concerned. (Not saying that Steffy took any pleasure in Lope's grief, but it sure was "perfect" timing.)

• Love 9
38 minutes ago, thewhiteowl said:

I think because there needs to be an authenticated legal trail of the documentation of the crime as well as the proven legalization of the identification of the child in question as well as her parents. Even though we know the adoption was illegal, the paperwork is in the system is considered ‘legal’ at the moment. Also there is a death certificate for Baby Girl Elizabeth Spencer in the system a well.

In a paternity case where the father listed on the birth certificate is biologically proven not o be the father, he cant’t then just not pay child support as his name is still on the official birth certificate and in the eyes of the law he’s still financially responsible for that child. He has to go through the legal process of getting his name removed and that can become complicated if the biological father hasn’t been identified because courts can be loath to ‘bastardize’ a child. Now this is from my 80s TV movie of the week degree so times may have changed. 😉

All this is to say that while the adoption is illegal, the law has to confirm the crime committed, the timeline,  the perpetrators, the clueless accessories (Taylor, Steffy, the doctor and hospital used on the birth certificate as cover in Las Vegas) the correct victims (nameless mother of the actual stillborn child is also a victim in this and will have to be located) and have it properly investigated. Once all that happens the adopted will obviously be considered invalidated and the invalid documentation thrown out to be replaced with the correct birth certificate for Beth.

Edited by TobinAlbers
  • Love 7
10 minutes ago, CountryGirl said:

Each of these women have suffered a loss. But one's entire home burned down to the ground with nothing but ashes left. The other had a pan on the oven catch on fire, but was quickly extinguished. The difference is astronomical. 

Quoted for truth.

I could buy Steffy being that stupid not to realize something was up with how quickly the adoption went through, but her lack of any empathy for the other mother--even if said mother wasn't the woman whose life she's set out to wreck time and time again--speaks volumes about her non-existent character.

As satisfying as it was to see Hope stand up for herself and standing firm (for the first time since AN has taken over the role), it was even more of a treat to see Liam actively choose Hope this time...and specifically his family with her. Even Molly Night and months of playing house with Kelly and "Phoebe" wasn't enough to make him flip flop and be indecisive as he usually has been. Back when Steffy told him she was pregnant the first time he needed a day or so to decide to marry her so the kid could know his father....and once Steffy took off for Paris, he was back with Hope within the week.

But this? There's no question about his divided loyalties. If there was ever a time for him to take a clear stand, this was it and he stepped up.

• Useful 1
  • Love 20

Does anyone have an eta when DD last aired on the show? I’m surprised that they haven’t had Bill ranting and raving about this. Of course, it’s Hope’s baby and he probably doesn’t care but the baby storyline really wrote off most the cast the entire summer. Maybe, DD, RS & HT enjoyed the time off. Who knows?!

The police will not be called to hold up Hope and Liam from taking Beth home.  if the police are called then the media will get a hold of Taylor buying a stolen baby and that will "taint" the Forrester name. 

this whole time, Brooke and a few others mentioned not calling the police, because one it's gets out it's going to be a media circus.

• Useful 2
  • Love 6
5 hours ago, TessHarding2 said:

IMDB said DD's last appearance was June 26, 2019.  I was surprised they tossed in Eric for the Sally praise scene.  

I hope it's that DD is taking some vacation because otherwise, that's just criminal that he hasn't been seen since. 

But he will finally meet his new granddaughter later this week so that is something.

Edited by CountryGirl
ETA: Spoiler tag
  • Love 4

First, let me say that I have missed posting with all of you.  I miss the snark, the lively discussions and CountryGirl's fantastic recaps.  Truth be told, in disgust, I boycotted the show because of this storyline (the only one playing out). The cruelty of it was difficult to fathom. But, with the reveal, I've dipped my foot back into the water, one toe at a time. Liam hit the nail on the head for me, i.e. Beth was bought and sold "like a piece of furniture." As the descendent of people who were bought and sold like chattel, this was like a gut punch and underscored why I had to step away.  It's appalling that Brad Bell & Co. continue to attempt to normalize human trafficking as an "adoption" to set up a "two mothers will be devastated" scenario.  Don't even get me started on the expectation that the person who benefited from this human trafficking scheme should continue to benefit from it because "her heart is broken, too." Talk about comparing apples to oranges! This storyline diminished everyone associated with it. However, despite that, the true gems of this mess have been the children. Kelly (who doesn't say much yet) is as cute as a little button. Beth is just downright adorable and quite engaging. But, Douglas? It's been at turns a joy watching him, as well as painful.  Little Henry is quite the actor!

If you all don't mind, I just have a Top Ten List of observations:

1) Beth had 1 job--just 1. Talk about failing upwards! Anyone on canvas who truly bought the slattern's reasons for wanting to adopt another baby while already having an infant, well I've got some swamp land in Florida to sell them. Beth's job wasn't to be a "twin sister" to Kelly. I watched Fauxdilocks' reactions when she was faced with the truth last week. Based on some of the shit that came out of her mouth, I see a mother who is profoundly disappointed that the human doll her demented mama bought didn't quite live up to expectations. Apparently, Kelly wasn't enough to lure Liam to her side, and Beth was supposed to be the knockout punch in Taylor's ongoing anti-Logan crusade. That Fauxdi and her mama--along with Ridge--expected Liam to step in and play "daddy" to a post-divorce acquisition told me everything I already suspected. Liam was billed as "daddy" while Hope had second billing as "auntie." Funny how Hope was "becoming too attached" to Beth; yet, neither Fauxdi nor her enabling parents had any problem with Liam becoming too attached. Hmmm....I wonder why? That they all acted as if that shit was normal was simply mind-boggling. How refreshing it would have been if Liam refused to go along and have actually gotten his own place while reiterating that he could be a father to Kelly without shacking up with his thirsty ex.

2) As the son of Ridge and Taylor, ThomAss should have been the cat's meow. Hotshot designer; ladies' man and one of LA's most eligible bachelors; and so charming and engaging that he could talk your panties off. The writing has sucked for this character ever since he reached puberty.  For all the talk of a brain tumor or possibly being dropped on his head at birth to explain away his chicanery, there are times when a person is just an evil-minded, evil-doing piece of shit. Just like his father. For all of ThomAss' faults, I never imagined that he would be so pressed to pursue a plot-driven relationship with his stepsister that he would resort to gaslighting and psychologically abusing his child. Nor, did it occur to me that he would even know a drug dealer, much less patronize one, to buy molly. It also makes me wonder about the backstory of Caroline 2.0's offscreen "death." I wonder if Douglas had already been traumatized by something he saw in NYC and decided he wasn't having it anymore. Noticeably absent are Caroline's 2.0's moms. Why weren't they more prominent in this story?

3) I deeply resent how Felony Flo has been shoehorned into one of the show's original core families to justify keeping her around. The great whitewash was already in full force and effect, with her ever-evolving blame shifting and abject failure to take responsibility for her actions. It was Lotty, Dotty and everybody's fault that she didn't come clean sooner. Her tales of woe grew more pitiful; the only thing missing were the wolves chasing her through the forest and  nipping at her heels. She finally got around to revealing that she had been paid for her part, but she still edited the truth. "A little bit of money?" Bitch, please. Maybe to a billionaire, $50,000 is a little bit of money. But, to someone who didn't have a pot to piss in, nor a window to throw it out of, $50,000 is just that even with the rate of inflation. Felony Flo was content to accept the praise, secondhand affluence and the joy of laying up with her retconned boyfriend while watching her cousin suffering. She and her fellow conspirators were well aware that Hope and Liam held a memorial service for a baby they all KNEW was alive and well. There aren't enough tears this trifling ass grifter can cry that would ever make me sympathize with her. So, Brad & Co. need to stop trying.  

4) Please give Sally the backbone, self-respect and dignity necessary to accept punk-ass Wyatt's edited apology and then to keep it moving. He was kissing all over Felony Flo long before he decided to kick Sally to the curb. She deserves so much better than this clown.

5) Ridge--BLECH! He just continues to be unpleasant on so many levels. When I inexplicably still see him with Brooke, he reminds of the dog doo-doo one can't shake from her shoes. I just hope he has the same energy that he unleashed on Felony Flo, Shady Slag Shauna and Zero Zoe for his own flesh and blood. He picked up the phone to call the police on Dr. Shady with a quickness, which is what should have happened. However, he knows (and approves) that Taylor shot Bill in the back and left him to die. He also knows that his "good kid" raped Caroline 2.0 and committed under criminal acts that should have landed him in prison a long time ago.

6) Brooke has been great to watch but I really wished she had insisted that her daughter get some kind of grief therapy.  I don't want her backing down on making these monsters pay.

7) The contention that Fauxdi should call the police on Hope and Liam is faulty at best. But, yes--let's just play that game and call the police. Then maybe the WHOLE story can be revealed, including how her mama purchased a baby; how she was aware that her mama made a $50,000 "down payment" on her purchase; ThomAss' crimes; and the possibility that it will be revealed that her mama was Bill's would-be assailant. The newspapers would have a field day. Talk about cutting off your nose to spite your face!  I also suspect that had Hope walked out of that house without Beth, Fauxdi and her enablers would have used it to drum up some kind of evidence that Hope is too emotionally unfit or some other ridiculous narrative.  Yes--those motherfuckers play dirty like that.

8) SC and AN have literally blown me away! I'll be the first to admit that I had serious reservations as to whether AN was up to the job, as it is difficult to walk into a long-established role inhabited by another actress. But, I can only marvel at how she took this role and basically made it her own. Dare I hope that the writers will toughen Hope up and make her responsible for her own destiny (for lack of a better word)? It's been cringeworthy watching her cower behind others as they fight her battles for her. Case in point was that terrific fight scene between Liam and ThomAss. I kept yelling, "Girl, stop that screaming and pick up something and knock ThomAss upside his fool head!!" Yes--I suppose a girl needs a hero, but in 2019, there is something positively medieval about that mindset.  I saw evidence of a backbone last week when she faced down Fauxdi; hopefully, it will continue.

9) Hope has basically been functioning as an only child. The absence of key characters such as Hope's other siblings, particularly Rick, as well as others characters such as Bill, Justin, and Karen has been glaring. And, where has Taylor a/k/a Dr. Demento been hiding? Shouldn't Fauxdi have called her mama immediately the moment Liam pointed out the irregularities on those fabricated adoption papers? The so-called world-renowned "reader of people" had to have known or sensed that this "adoption" was shady from jump. Dr. Shady wouldn't have been able to go through with it had he not already known that he had an eager buyer. Had she not have flapped her gums about how much she despised Brooke and Hope and latched onto Dr. Shady as her champion, I doubt the deal would have worked.  Speaking of Justin, I would have loved it if he was the one would investigated the circumstances of Emma's accident and stumbled on the whole truth. 

10) Did anyone else notice that Kelly's first birthday came and went with little fanfare? Shouldn't there have been a grand party complete with awkward looking guests including Bill--especially Bill? That's been one of the glaring inconsistencies with B&B in recent months. There were no B or C stories as Bradley placed all of his eggs into this human trafficking basket. Fans should have been treated to another storyline particularly while JMW was on her maternity leave. Instead, this disgusting storyline was held hostage to her return while Hope and Liam continued to mourn, Felony Flo was endlessly propped and the same dialogue among the co-conspirators was regurgitated repeatedly. Not that I wish to see them, Batie became engaged again despite not even being a couple. It's like they've been languishing in backburner hell. Forrester Creations hasn't staged a fashion show in months. And, no--a cheap attempt to knockoff Brooke's Bedroom or HFTF doesn't count. B&B was known for its fabulous fashion shows. Yet, I can't recall the last time a real collection was discussed, much less designed.  Dare we hope that there will now be other stories for fans to enjoy in the coming months?

• Love 24

So, imagine my surprise, when on the very day I decide to delete Show from my regular recording schedule I press the wrong button and see this in the episode’s description:

“Liam and Thomas’s altercation leads Liam to the truth, and he rushes to tell Hope that Beth is alive.”

After hrumping several times, I decided to watch, but OOPSY!, Direct TV and CBS are mad at each other right now so all I saw was a black screen with info on how to watch all your favorite shows. I looked at my laptop as though it were a two headed monster; dare I? Let’s see, I have been tuned out for a little over two months, and in that course of time I have lost my dad to a massive stroke, my neighbor of 17 years to a heart attack, two co-workers to cancer, and another co-worker has lost her big toe and is struggling to save the rest. Yet poor Hope STILL does not know her baby is alive. I debated. I hemmed and hawed. Do I or don’t I? Should I open that door back up? Ah fuck, at the end of the debate my curiosity got the better of me and I watched a week’s worth of episodes on line.

I wasn’t wholly disappointed. All the same, I found it very anticlimactic and a bit flat. However, I do appreciate the way they had the reveal going down in two separate scenes; the one’s at Cliff House with Hope, Liam and Beth, and the one’s over at FC’s with Brooke, Ridge and the useless baggage that perpetrated this shit. Brooke was so pissed, and she wasn’t even squinting.

What I liked best though was watching Wyatt smack Flo down. Still, I was shouting at Sally not to go back there. As big of a Sally/Wyatt supporter as I was, I still don’t want her to forgive and forget. Wyatt is only there because he lost his girl again. If he truly loved Sally he would never had kicked her to the curb. No, he saw his high school sweetheart and just blew Sally off over fucking nothing. Yeah, so she “betrayed” his trust. Whatever. Wyatt “betrayed” Sally by macking on Flo while still living with Sally, and by carrying on a clandestine relationship with Flo while still living with Sally. Messing with Sally was the second reason I walked out on Show. Fuckers.

Does Thomas imagine himself the new Danny Ocean? James Bond? Did he really have a get away helicopter scheduled to land on top of the building? Was he planning on whisking Hope away with him? Or was it just an escape route for him after beating Liam up? It was funny though the way ole Thomas just ran away. Like a crazy person or something.

Steffy? Geez, I want to feel bad for her, but I can’t. There was all kinds of signals and red flags. And frankly, what was the all fired hurry to give Kelly a sister? It all fell into place too easily and conveniently. And she and her crazy mother did not do their due diligence as relates to the history of the pregnancy, or the baby’s supposedly MIA father. Steffy has had the benefit of two healthy daughters for months while Hope has grieved and has been living in a deep, dark, depression. Steffy will have to adjust to life with one baby girl, just as Hope had to adjust to life with NO baby girl.

So, it appears that Thomas managed to somehow wrangle Hope from Liam, and that Liam is back with Steffy? Cause when I say I tuned out, I mean I tuned out. Completely. No daily look see at Show’s description, no spoilers, no sneak peeks at the website, and no reading of posts. Mr. R asked my what was wrong; I just glared at him and told him Show was too friggin stupid for words. My furbaby Quinn has also been upset with this unexplained tune out of her favorite show. Poor thing, I found her sitting right beside me yesterday as I watched on my laptop. Brooke was on a lot, and Brooke is her favorite character. Just like her Mommy. I did miss you guys though. A lot.

It looks like they are trying to make Hope the bad guy. She wasn’t being as understanding as she should have been with Steffy’s distress. Oh well. Steffy had two baby girls and she also got the guy. She can shut the hell up. It’s Hope’s turn now. Of course this will wreak havoc on Bridge too. And that is probably the most believable thing going on here. I don’t like Ridge or Steffy, but I can understand Ridge’s concern for his daughter, but Brooke has had to watch her daughter suffer for months while she simultaneously grieved her grandchild. Add on that the girl who is her beloved, deceased brother’s child is the one that has done this terrible thing. Ridge is the one who is going to have his hands full though, what with Steffy turning into a blubbering idiot, and Thomas, who has clearly lost what ever mind he had, running amok and on the loose.

Looks like Show has reeled my back in……..

• Love 17

@MulletorHater and @RuntheTable, seeing you posting again, OMG!!!!

tenor.gif

I have missed you guys so much and would give your return posts one million likes if I could.

@RuntheTable, hugest of hugs to you and I am so very sorry for your losses, especially your father, and can't imagine how truly awful it's been for you this past year.

It may seem a small thing, but when you can't even briefly escape all of that by watching a show you've watched for 30 + years because finally, the proverbial straw has broken the camel's back, or rather your own, because it's simply that BAD, it's one more thing to add to the suckitude. But it was absolutely the right thing to do and I tuned out myself for the better part of 4 months because I was not going to reward whatever was passing as B&B for most of the past year. 

And I am back - for now - but I will absolutely tune out again if they pull more shenanigans. 30+ year habit or not.

But so, so glad to have a show worth watching and posting about again and the cherry on the sundae is seeing you guys and other familiar - and new - faces posting again. 

❤️💓❤️❤️❤️

ETA - Actually, the sundae is all of you and the cherry is the show being must-watch again. 😍

Edited by CountryGirl
  • Love 19

Thank you @CountryGirl; I have missed my fellow posters too! Just not Show. 

Normally, I would be going back over posts and skimming older episodes to see who did what and who said what, but nah. All I care about is that Hope has been reunited with her child. Nothing else really matters; and now hopefully, we can lay to rest the worst SL in soap history. 

What is everyone's take on what will happen next? I would bet that Thomas will get off due to mental instability. After his actions at FC's the other day I would have to agree that he is a few eggs short of a dozen. I would also bet this is what causes the big Bridge rift. Steffy gonna be hatin on all things Logan in the worst way, and it will probably signal some type of Ridge/Taylor redux. 

Of course I am just talking out of my ass. I have no idea who is doing what. I was distressed to read that DD has been MIA for some time. Do we know if he is leaving, or if he is just taking a break? 

I see my hit man missed his target and took out Emma instead of Zoe. I contacted him and requested a refund. We will see. 

Speaking of Thomas's actions the other day; they sure did get Eric's office door fixed lickety split. 

• LOL 6
  • Love 8

I think Thomas will ultimately get the whitewash of a brain tumor or (and I swear I heard this floating around the internet somewhere) steroids to explain away his going full-on psycho.

I mean, he is Hauxdi's brother and we all know she could fall into a pile of shit and still come out smelling like a rose.

• LOL 3
  • Love 8

Damn, Ridge, after decades with Brooke, you still haven't mastered the single-tear-of-despair? Even a sniffle would've looked like you were actually emoting something. Instead, it looked like you were trying to remember if milk was on the grocery list. I used to like TK, but man, he's just not present, & it's especially obvious in big scenes like today. I cried & emoted more than he did, & my "job" during the show, was to eat salad. 

• LOL 7
  • Love 11
7 hours ago, Cindylou said:

The police will not be called to hold up Hope and Liam from taking Beth home.  if the police are called then the media will get a hold of Taylor buying a stolen baby and that will "taint" the Forrester name. 

this whole time, Brooke and a few others mentioned not calling the police, because one it's gets out it's going to be a media circus.

Hope needs to pull a Tony Stark and say 'Screw it, I'm Iron Man my baby was stolen and given to Steffy Forrester and let the chips fall where they may.' Forget the press and hiding crap. This is the dumb ass excuse because they're too cheap to get a courtroom set for a trial and hire extras so that in show they have an excuse to cover up a litany of crimes in this family and committed by these families. The myriad of marriages between Brooke/Eric/Ridge/Nick/Thorne and Liam/Steffy/Hope/Wyatt/Thomas already have the people reading the tabloids and social media over this family and their ish.  HTH are they going to explain Hope suddenly having a baby again, Liam leaving Steffy, and Steffy's Phoebe going mysteriously missing? The truth works to their advantage than rumors of Hope 'stealing' Liam back from Steffy by adopting her own baby and Steffy returning her kid because she couldn't handle having more than one kid.  The only tainted names in this are Hamilton, Taylor and Buckingham, Dr. Wayne Shady.

Oh, what I wouldn't give for a digital series of the Forrester and Spencer Interns dishing the scoop back and forth and 'real world' commentary on all the crap they're witnessing. 

Edited by TobinAlbers
Thorne is not the same as Thomas.
  • Love 9

Normally, I would be going back over posts and skimming older episodes to see who did what and who said what, but nah. All I care about is that Hope has been reunited with her child. Nothing else really matters; and now hopefully, we can lay to rest the worst SL in soap history. 

It's ok--Literally nothing else happened unrelated to this storyline except Will schemed to get Bill and Katie back together and Flo's mom Shauna "helped". Some stuff happened within the storyline (Thomas drugged/roofied Liam and he (Liam) slept with Steffy and then Thomas terrorized his son so Hope would marry him and...is that it? Is that all that's happened? Oh, poor Emma died as she was going to tell Hope the truth since she was the only person who had the decency to do it within minutes of finding out.)

• Love 11

I know I should feel bad for Steffy, but I don't and it isn't just because I loathe her.  It's because it never seemed right that she adopted Phoebe.  It all seemed so forced.  Especially the endless scenes of her talking about putting the girls down for a nap, or feeding them, or they just woke up.  None of it was believable.

One thing Hope could have said that might have been a nice bone to throw to Steffy is that they were lucky that Buckingham didn't sell Beth to some other person.  😇

It was very nice when Hope pointed out to Steffy that they Beth and Kelly are sisters.

Why didn't Steffy make a big deal about Liam leaving her too?

• Love 15

Steffy is a rental for Liam, when his home, Hope, isn't available, for one reason or another. I know this triangle will live on forever, but it is so painfully obvious, & always has been, Liam likes Steffy, & probably even loves her on some level, as evidenced by the emotion he showed today, knowing that she's deeply hurting at losing PhoeBeth, but he always has been & always will be in love with Hope. 

• Love 17
26 minutes ago, bannana said:

I know I should feel bad for Steffy, but I don't and it isn't just because I loathe her.  It's because it never seemed right that she adopted Phoebe.  It all seemed so forced.  Especially the endless scenes of her talking about putting the girls down for a nap, or feeding them, or they just woke up.  None of it was believable.

One thing Hope could have said that might have been a nice bone to throw to Steffy is that they were lucky that Buckingham didn't sell Beth to some other person.  😇

It was very nice when Hope pointed out to Steffy that they Beth and Kelly are sisters.

Co-signing to the first piece.

I won't be able to watch until tonight but my thoughts about the bolded question are that Liam left her a long time ago - specifically, the day he learned about the affair and paternity test. 

giphy.gif

And this despite all her attempts to get him back via buying another baby and molly-induced cha cha cha (blech!). His moving back in was all about being there for the girls and nothing more. They were co-parents and roommates. No more, no less. Drugs notwithstanding.

And it also bears repeating - he left her LONG before Hope ever returned to town. His marriage to Steffy was OVER for all intents and purposes BEFORE Hope came back to town. 

@nkotb, you are spot-on. Steffy is and has always been the default choice. Hope is the love of his life. The fact that he proposed and they were set to be married before she even knew she was pregnant speaks volumes about that. And the only reason he was going back to Steffy was he, not having his father in his life until he was grown, was because he felt obligated to for Kelly's sake. 

And deep down, Steffy knows this - has always known that - but that's what she signed up for when she accepted Hope's still-warm-from-her-finger engagement ring all those years ago. If that wasn't a physical foreshadowing of her future, I don't know what is.

ETA: Adding on to say that I'm definitely not a Steffy fan by any stretch of the imagination, but even I would love to see her moving on and finding love with someone else (a whole new character would be amazing). The triangle is so tired and dull and I'm sure Jacquie would love to see her character have a whole new storyline and screen partner.

Edited by CountryGirl
  • Love 19

Y’all...I’m so conflicted! I’ve been a Wally fan since TIIC thought to pair them together (even strongly suggested they get paired in one of previous CBS surveys) and the chemistry and playfulness between DB and CH reminded me why I love this couple but...

Sweet, Sally NO. The way they wrote it, Sal was practically begging Wyatt to want her back and his response was more along the lines of a starving man can’t say no to a free loaf of bread. 🤦🏻‍♀️ Her speech about not being that kind of gal would have rang more true if it hadn’t taken all of a minute to take Wyatt back. 

🙄 I love me some Sally but, man, I’m going to have to nickname her Second Choice Sally now. Won’t be surprised by the inevitable dumping Sally (the sequel)given that Flo is a Logan and I don’t perceive her going anywhere anytime soon. And for some odd reason, Bell loves the bland mayo Flo and Wyatt pairing. 

I feel so bad but I laughed a couple of times during JMW’s sad mama scenes. I practically guffawed that Baby Beth stopped cooperating the moment it was time for Steffy to take her into her arms. AND THEN...immediately quiets down when she’s back in Hope’s arms. 😂 That’s some seriously awesome baby acting! 

Brooke is stone cold. Not one ounce of sympathy as Steffy was crying her crocodile tears and was leading the way as the Lopeth family made their exit at the end! 

Theres no denying, the soap is back to being campy and entertaining! 

Edited by smijca
  • LOL 2
  • Love 21
20 minutes ago, nkotb said:

Steffy is a rental for Liam, when his home, Hope, isn't available, for one reason or another. I know this triangle will live on forever, but it is so painfully obvious, & always has been, Liam likes Steffy, & probably even loves her on some level, as evidenced by the emotion he showed today, knowing that she's deeply hurting at losing PhoeBeth, but he always has been & always will be in love with Hope. 

This is why I detest Liam and Ridge.  However, Taylor, Steffy, Hope, and Brooke didn't have to put up with the waffling so no sympathy for them.

• Useful 1
  • Love 1
2 hours ago, RuntheTable said:

Normally, I would be going back over posts and skimming older episodes to see who did what and who said what, but nah.

No point when we had the same damn conversation between the same idiots for months on think. Imagine the irritation when Hope was bemoaning how she and Liam were "robbed" by Rick's lie a few years back for weeks on end times 1000 and that's what it's been like.

I'm so sorry for all your losses over the past few months but I'm glad to see you and MulletorHater back ❤️❤️❤️

4 hours ago, RuntheTable said:

Of course I am just talking out of my ass. I have no idea who is doing what.

Well neither does Brad Bell but he doesn't let that deter him 🙃

• Love 6
42 minutes ago, CountryGirl said:

ETA: Adding on to say that I'm definitely not a Steffy fan by any stretch of the imagination, but even I would love to see her moving on and finding love with someone else (a whole new character would be amazing). The triangle is so tired and dull and I'm sure Jacquie would love to see her character have a whole new storyline and screen partner.

Me, too. Horrible slattern or not, she's still a legacy child--the first I got to watch be born on the show and grow up with since I was barely a teenager myself when that happened. Give her a story similar to what Lauren Fenmore got after she got with Michael.

I'm sad to see Sally take Wyatt's trifling ass back after...what, two episodes? My God, even Brooke was allowed to freeze Ridge out for at least a year or so after he married Taylor on Stephanie's faked deathbed. Good Lord!

• Love 10
8 minutes ago, Anna Yolei said:

I'm sad to see Sally take Wyatt's trifling ass back after...what, two episodes?

Brad Bell ain't got no time to waste on giving these women a modicum of spine or self respect.  He's got to move onto the next triangle where two women will humiliate themselves fighting over some idiot guy.

Thomas should have returned to town for Sally, not Hope.  Unfortunately, not only has that shipped sailed, it's been burnt to a crisp and sunk.

• LOL 1
  • Love 14
1 hour ago, smijca said:

I feel so bad but I laughed a couple of times during JMW’s sad mama scenes. I practically guffawed that Baby Beth stopped cooperating the moment it was time for Steffy to take her into her arms. AND THEN...immediately quiets down when she’s back in Hope’s arms. 😂 That’s some seriously awesome baby acting! 

Can't blame baby Beth. I wouldn't want to go near anyone engaged in that much demented screeching either. Giving JMW basically 2 episodes of strong emotion to portray was mean. 

• LOL 5
  • Love 10

Meh, I'm not sure it was right for Wyatt to be running around telling people about the Beth situation before it was actually resolved between the concerned parties. But he can't let a day go by before he lines up his next bedmate.

"Take a few days to adjust," Ridge? You mean take a few days for you to push Steffy to take Hope's baby and leave town. STFU.

I'm still side-eyeing how Hope is now miraculously cured of her PPD. Total bovine excrement.

Oh Sally, no. You should've at least given Wyatt a 24-hour time out. Just make sure he changes the sheets first, okay?

Poor Beth. She has to go from living in a big, airy cliffhouse to a tiny, dark, and gloomy cabin. And doesn't the cabin only have one bedroom?

HTH are they going to explain Hope suddenly having a baby again, Liam leaving Steffy, and Steffy's Phoebe going mysteriously missing?

They should just have Hope call one of her famous "it's all about me!" press conferences. Might as well start getting Beth get used to it early. 😑 Seriously though,  TMZ would be all over this mess and they wouldn't have a choice whether to keep the real story quiet.

She probably didn't want to blow her cover. Or maybe she does have an ounce of shame that she used Phoebe to work Liam.

• Useful 1
  • Love 3

Fuck Ridge. You can’t even bring up Thomas’ misdeeds but you can mention Flo and Zoey.  

What difference does a couple of days make?  Stuffy still will be heartbroken no matter when. 

Why pretend Sally?  You were going to take Wyatt back right after you found out Wyatt dumped Flo. 

• Love 8

Happy to see @MulletorHater and @RuntheTable back. I am sorry to RTT for all of your losses. {{{HUGS}}}

First, a giant kit in the 'nads to Sludge. He was actually worse then Hauxdi in campaigning for Beth to remain with Steffy for a few more days. I am so glad that Liam and Hope didn't cave. Also, WTF at the way he yelled at Brooke when she (rightfully) reminded everybody of Thomas' role in the whole mess. Why she stays with that cretin is beyond me.

JMW kind of took over the whole show today with her ugly "crying." I am glad that she did the decent (and right) thing and surrendered Beth to Hope with no more argument. But when she collapsed onto the floor, I actually thought she was trying to portray Steffy as having a heart attack or something. Then it reminded me of a toddler falling to the floor in a screaming tantrum.

Yeah, I agree. Sally was totally ready to jump at taking Wyatt back. He had better try to earn her trust and love back and she'd better not move right back in with him. Wow! The men on this show really can't spend one second alone, can they? 

Did I mention that I hate Sludge?

• Love 12
11 hours ago, MulletorHater said:

The contention that Fauxdi should call the police on Hope and Liam is faulty at best

The contention was never that she should. The contention was that, in a fit of anger, she could if no one talked sense into her, and no one would like that outcome, Steffy included in the long term, for the reasons you mentioned. 

o, it appears that Thomas managed to somehow wrangle Hope from Liam, and that Liam is back with Steffy? 

Not so much on that last part. He moved into the guest room, Thomas drugged him so he’d sleep with Steffy, and after that, everyone assumed one lay = forever luv, but I don’t think Liam ever verbalized, yes we’re back together, and two minutes later, he started his baby quest, so... plus, he has been shockingly consistent in his love for Hope all this time. 

I would bet that Thomas will get off due to mental instability.

I know the bran tumor defense has been bandied about, but I would love a legit clinical diagnosis of some real mental disorder that explains all of his actions now, as well as his past actions, if only because it would be poetic justice if Taylor spent so much time policing Brooke’s backyard, that she failed to see the signs in her own freakin son.

too cheap to get a courtroom set for a trial and hire extras so that in show they have an excuse to cover up a litany of crimes in this family and committed by these families. 

No doubt if there is a legal aspect to this, they’ll find a way to just use that dumb judge’s office from wills custody trial. (But seriously guys, Y&R has a courtroom set. If you’re too cheap to build, just borrow theirs.)

Steffy is and has always been the default choice. Hope is the love of his life.

It’s almost like falling for someone because you hit your head in your bathtub isn’t a good foundation for a relationship. 

I love me some Sally but, man, I’m going to have to nickname her Second Choice Sally now.

The woman has literally no self esteem whatsoever. And Wyatt is usually good for that “build her back up” relationship, but at this point, I’d rather just see her have a mentorship story with Eric or something. Get some self esteem, then we can talk about a romance. 

first, a giant kit in the 'nads to Sludge. He was actually worse then Hauxdi in campaigning for Beth to remain with Steffy for a few more days. I am so glad that Liam and Hope didn't cave.

Seriously. Steffy was clearly starting to get it, and was clearly moving toward acceptance (which, in the grand scheme of things, didn’t take her all that long, considering this is still the same day that Liam told her what Douglas said), and he’s not once, but repeatedly calling for Beth to stay there? Give it up, Ridge. Even Steffy has given up that pipe dream at this point. (Though that’s par for the course for Ridge isn’t it. He’s spent the past year fighting harder for Steam than Steffy has.)

Also, show really needs to stop using the slo-mo cam on every big Lope moment ever. It feels like half the episodes in the past two weeks have utilized this. I think we’re perfectly capable of understanding when something is a poignant moment without the added camera work. 

Edited by Zoe116
  • Love 10

@MulletorHater and @RuntheTable, it's so good to have you back where you belong!

@RuntheTable, my heart breaks for you and the horrible losses you endure. 

Me, me, me, me, me, me, me, me......MEEEEEEEEEEEE!

That's all I heard coming out of Hauxdilox's mouth today.  And then she had the nerve to act like she was some kind of fucking hero when she returned the baby she and her mother BOUGHT LIKE FURNITURE (that line resonated with me too).  Fuck her, her awful wig/weave and her even worse acting.  Baby Beth knows what's up and couldn't get out of that place fast enough. 

I am SO disappointed in Sally.  I knew she was going to take Wyatt back EVENTUALLY but does she realize that Flo's toothbrush is STILL in Wyatt's bathroom.  Sally clearly wasn't listening to Eric when he told her she could get any man she wanted.  ANY MAN. 

• Love 14

I laughed when JMW did her wailing collapse at the end. 😆

I hated Sally taking Wyatt back like that. 🤬

Love how the baby playing Beth clearly prefers AN to JMW.

Edited by LittleIggy
  • Love 17
5 hours ago, CharlizeCat said:

Also, WTF at the way he yelled at Brooke when she (rightfully) reminded everybody of Thomas' role in the whole mess. 

She deserved it.  She can’t read the room.  Ridge and Steffy are crushed.  She’s losing her daughter and he’s in pain for her.  Is now really the right time?  And, yes, Hope has suffered the greatest pain imaginable but grief is not a zero sum game.  The great pain Stuffy feels does not subtract from Hope’s monumental grief.  Both can be wronged and hurt at the same time.  

The thing with Ridge and Brooke, though, is that, while they love each other and (ugh) seem to still desire each other, they rarely seem to care for one another.  They’re simply inconsiderate of one another’s feelings.  (And it doesn’t help that TK’s Ridge is always just so horribly bellicose.)  But Brooke’s cooing, right in front of Steffy, that Hope is reunited with her beautiful baby, her dreams have come true, etc.?  Come on.  Why be a dick?  Say it in private.  Away from the newly-grieving mother.  And, yep, Thomas deserves everything coming to him but, I don’t know, think everyone’s a little raw now?  This kind of dynamic didn’t really exist with RM’s Ridge and his absence is palpable.  

• Love 11

Yesterday's episode was a mixed bag, a thing I like to call the Good, the Bad, and the Ugly.

The Good?

Hope finally taking her daughter home.

The Bad?

Sally taking Wyatt back just.like.that (TM Brooke). 

Ridge pontificating about Steffy keeping Beth. Because no, motherfucker.

The Ugly?

Do I even need to say it? It was all kinds of fremdscham for Hauxdi and her black mascara tears yesterday.

Exhibit A:

EBzZmwYXoAA5ZML.jpg

On with the recap, starting with Sally and Wyatt:

In the design office, an initially annoyed Sally says: "Okay, I'm gonna need you to explain more, like, maybe starting with... why are you here?" She gave me so much hope here. 

EBziLTZWwAAgxl0.jpg

Wyatt falters: "Well, um, you're the only person I wanted to see." Uh huh.

Sally calls him out: "After your fight with Flo."

EBza8X3X4AAqVYe.jpg

Wyatt: "I mean, I wouldn't call what happened merely a fight."

Sally sighs: "Okay."

Wyatt: "It was a revelation of sorts, and not a particularly welcome one. Um... you know how I hate secrets, right?" Funny, he didn't seem to mind keeping the secret when he was sneaking around with Katie all those weeks.

Sally: "Mm-hmm, yes. You hate them, and I am fully aware of the repercussions of keeping one from you." 

Wyatt: "Well, Flo kept the worst secret imaginable. And not just from me, it was from everyone. It was -- it was about Phoebe and... and Beth."

Sally brow furrows: "Okay, I understand Phoebe's relation, but what does Beth have to do with Flo?"

Wyatt: "Well -- look, it's a long story, and I..."

Sally: "I have time." I wish I could think that it's because she wants to hear and see him grovel, but I don't know.

Wyatt laughs hollowly: "I don't even know where to start." She gives him a look. "Okay. Fine." He sighs. "After Hope's wedding, Liam overheard a rather heated exchange between Thomas and Flo about a secret, something that Hope was not supposed to find out about."

He's got her attention now.

Sally: "Thomas and Flo?"

Wyatt: "Yeah."

Sally: "That's odd." To say the least.

Wyatt: "That's what Liam thought. And then Douglas said the most astonishing thing, that Beth was alive, and, not only that, he swore that she was Phoebe."

Sally: "Where did that come from, a dream?"

Wyatt shakes his head: "He said that he heard his father say it."

Sally pulls a face: "Why would Thomas say that?"

Wyatt: "Because it's true...and Liam wouldn't just let it go, so he started looking into Phoebe's adoption, and it turns out the hospital in Vegas where Flo supposedly delivered, they don't even have record of her being a patient there."

Sally: "So what are you saying?"

Wyatt: "Flo is not Phoebe's birth mother. Hope is. Douglas was telling the truth. Phoebe is Beth."

Sally is stunned as she processes all this and I agree, I'm not sure Wyatt had free reign to just spill the secret like this but it is what it is.

Sally: "Wow, I cannot believe that Thomas knew, too. What a bastard." They need to print that on t-shirts. She looks completely disgusted and like she can't believe she ever loved him.

Wyatt: "Yeah, I mean, I guess it's a good end for Hope and Liam, but then what about Steffy?" What about her?

Sally sighs: "I hadn't even gone there yet."

Wyatt: "I mean, she -- she has loved that girl like she gave birth to her herself, and then, now what, she's just supposed to give her up?"

tenor.gif

Sally: "Ugh, I can't even imagine. Look, for your sake, I'm glad that you ended things with Flo." I really wanted to see more of a reaction from Sally about this monumental news. She's always been close with Liam and I would have expected more, but this is all about Flo being chucked and Wyatt wanting her back and we all know TPTB can't do more than one beat at a time.

Wyatt sighs.

Sally: "Just so that you weren't so blinded by your history together to make an excuse for what she did."

Wyatt: "I just -- I didn't know that she was capable of this kind of deception. Like, Flo says that she didn't know anything that was going on, but I just -- I can't accept that. Like, at some point, it had to have come out, and she didn't stop it. I just -- I don't know what to say."

Sally does get in a few digs. starting with this one: "Flo was this perfect woman from your past who could do no wrong." But then she walks that back a little bit with this: "Except she wasn't perfect. No one is." Of course, she could be referring to herself here and that makes more sense.

Wyatt: "I know. And, I mean, that's why -- that's why I came to see you, to talk to you. To tell you that I'm sorry." And that I can't be alone for more than five minutes.

Sally gets in another dig: "Your high school sweetheart sashayed into town, and you just took one look and dropped me."

EBzgZnrXoAE3HS1.jpg

Wyatt scoffs. Do not scoff, Wyatt, because that is EXACTLY what happened.

Sally isn't finished: "Just like that. Because I made one mistake. Look, that happens, Wyatt. People make mistakes. As it turns out, even Flo."

Wyatt: "The secret you kept doesn't even register on the betrayal scale anymore. Like, that bar has risen significantly." Does he not even get that Sally's secret - Flo or no Flo - was not break-up worthy in the first place???

Sally shakes her head: "So Blondie disappoints you, and you come, hat-in-hand, back to good ol' Sal?"

EBze4O3XUAAtSNV.jpg

Pretty much it.

Wyatt: "No, that's -- that's not why I-"

EBzf04uXoAEUg5H.jpg

I just cannot with him right now.

Sally: "No, hey, why not, you know? Sally's a good sport, right? She's used to being treated terribly by men. So, you know, she'll be just grateful to take you back and for the attention... she'll -- she'll forgive you, no hard feelings. Is that how you think this is supposed to go?"

My heart breaks for Sally and when you think about it, she's used to being abandoned. By her parents. Then by Thomas. Twice. And she took him back after the Caroline II lie, even though something told her she shouldn't. 

Wyatt: "I just wanted to talk. Like how we used to. Like, I -- I honestly don't have any expectations. I just -- I'm here to let you know that I regret how I ended things and that -- that I care about you."

EBzf1N4WkAAvgDP.jpg

Oh, you regret it? Now that you don't have Felonious Flo to warm your bed anymore? But where is the remorse, Wyatt? Because remorse and regret are too very different things.

Sally: "Well, that is very sweet, but I think I know you better than that. I think I might even know you better than yourself. So, I mean, if you can't admit what's going on here, you know..."

EB0kmicWsAURGgZ.jpg

And you can see her tone changing, the hint of flirting in the air and Sally, you deserve so much better than this!

Wyatt: "Okay."

Sally: "I mean, who do you -- who do you think I am? Some hopeless romantic that, as soon as I come out of my swoon at your very presence, I'm just going to drop to my feet, you know?" That's exactly who she is, try as she might to hide it, and they both know it.

EB0kmiZWsAU8dap.jpg

Wyatt laughs, hearing the old teasing in her voice and I seriously cannot believe she's gonna make it this easy for him.

Sally: "Because I'm really not that kind of girl. There is an entire city out there full of prince charmings, and Sally Spectra can have her pick whenever the heck she wants." Yes, you absolutely can! So why are you wasting one more second with this bozo? But she's not finished yet and says, "So, I mean, you know, the chances of me probably taking you back are, like..."

Wyatt: "Honestly, Sally... I didn't come here with the expectation of you taking me back."

Sally/Me: "Really?"

tenor.gif

Wyatt opens his mouth to say something and then shuts it because what can he say here?

Sally: "If I were to give you a second chance..." Dammit, Sally.

Wyatt: "Okay."

Sally: "If, you would really have to work it."

Wyatt smiles: "Oh."

Sally: "Like, you would really have to step up your game. I'm talking that I want to be wined and dined." You're really gonna let him win you back so easily and cheaply?

Wyatt, warming to the idea: "Yeah."

Sally: "Like filet and chateau cheval, luxury weekends away with...oodles -- oodles -- of spa treatments." 

Wyatt: "Oodles and oodles of spa treatments. Yeah, I'll probably have to jet you away to Hawaii on just an extra-long like "getting to know you again" kind of trip." Do either of them get that all of this doesn't undo what he did to her? And never could? Le sigh.

Sally: "Mm-hmm."

Wyatt: "Hypothetically speaking, of course."

Sally: "Oh, yeah, I mean, of course, absolutely."

Wyatt: "Yeah."

Sally: "But you are getting the idea."

EB0ubQoW4AAgoCB.jpg

Wyatt: "Oh. Yeah."

Sally: "Yeah, which is wonderful."

Wyatt: "Mm-hmm."

Sally: "But, you know, it'd be like boot camp."

Wyatt: "Boot camp?"

Sally: "I would really put you through it. I'd make you suffer." Sure, you would.

EB0ubQqX4AA184M.jpg

Wyatt: "Right." If memory serves, the last time she had him do boot camp with her, they ended up in bed afterwards and you know that's what he's totally thinking about right now.

Sally: "And I wouldn't even pretend not to enjoy every single minute of it."

EB0ubQtWwAEP_gW.jpg

Wyatt laughs: "If it means keeping that smile on your face, then... it would be worth it." You were the one to take that smile away, asshole, remember?

And here's where Sally should say, "Well, I need to think about it, so unless there's something else, I have work to do." And let him sweat it out for a while. A few days. Something!

But instead, they hug, Sally looking WAY too happy to be back in the arms of a man who unceremoniously dumped her for a perpetrator of human trafficking. UGH!

EB01rYbXUAAP_qS.jpg

EB01rYbWkAE2UWO.jpg

While I'm grateful they're not insta-macking on each other, this was a HUGE disappointment. I mean, generally speaking, Wyatt is a pretty good guy (or was), but where Sally is concerned and how he insta-threw her over for Flo (and after raking her over the goals for one tiny little thing compared to him already all but screwing Flo behind her back), I just can't insta-forgive and forget. Sally deserves better. I wish she would realize that. Especially when I think back to what a self-righteous, hypocritical ass he was, raking her over the coals when she confessed about Thomas and all the while, he was fooling around with Felony.

I am always thrilled to see the so damn gorgeous (and those cheekbones!) CH, but not like this.

Over at the cliffhouse, Steffy is sobbing and snotting all over the place and it's as ridiculously and unintentionally hilarious as you can imagine.

190812.jpg?1565698639

Liam: "Hope, this is a lot to process, for you and Steffy."

Steffy wails: "You can't just apologize and take her away! I haven't even gotten -- this is all happening too fast." At what pace would you prefer, Hauxdi? One where you get to transition for another seven months? Don't think so.

Hope continues to be gracious and compassionate: "Steffy, you have been a wonderful mother to Beth, and I will always be grateful to you, but it is time for her to know me."

Hope has to be thinking, we've been apart for the better part of eight months. When does it end? When Steffy decides? No. No way.

Ridge interjects: "But maybe we should all just take a little time to see what's best for the baby." What's best for the baby is for her to be reunited with her parents. The ones she was stolen from, remember? If Ridge had his way, Beth would stay with his slattern daughter. If for no other reason than he doesn't have to deal with her screeching.

Brooke: "Hope has lost enough time with her daughter. They shouldn't be apart one more minute."

EB0lVfbWwAIbDph.jpg

And she is exactly right. Pointing out the obvious is not wrong here. 

Hope appreciates her mother's support, as always, but it's clear she can fight her own battles: "We won't be and-"

Steffy: Hope, please... this is Beth's home. This is the only home she's ever known. Her sister is here, all of her things..." She is bargaining and they all know it.

Hope: "And we will work together to make this transition as easy as possible. But my daughter goes home with me. Tonight."

And I don't blame Hope one iota because she needs to establish boundaries. Firm ones. Because if she gives an inch here, Steffy won't be satisfied with a mile, she'll take the entire Pacific Coast Highway.

And it was a little bit delicious to watch her face crack here.

Ridge then says this: "There's no reason to uproot Beth right now." 

giphy.gif

So if not now, then when Ridge?

When Steffy decides? Because if it's left to her, Madam "You can be kind of a mother to her" Selfish, Beth will never be reunited with her parents.

God, just fuck off, Ridge!

Brooke snaps: "No reason? Hope's already lost so much time. Months of thinking that her baby died, and all along, Beth was right here." Exactly, Brooke. She is being the voice of reason here and as Hope's mother and Beth's grandmother, she has every right to speak up. Should she remain silent as Ridge says stupid shit? No. Absolutely not. 

Ridge: "Well, Steffy didn't know that." Two wrongs don't make a right and the longer they drag this out, the harder it is going to be. For everyone. Including Steffy. Rip the band-aid off!

Brooke looks at Steffy, sobbing against her father: "Steffy is a victim, too, Ridge, of course."

Ridge: "And let's take a step back and see what works for everybody." You mean what works for your daughter. He is so transparent.

Hope: "My mom is right. Too much time has been stole from us already." She is quick to add: "And not by you, Steffy. I am nothing but grateful to you, and I am -- I'm so sorry for this loss you're experiencing."

EB0q5HsW4AAr9ZW.jpg

You can see the pain on Hope's face and I just know if the tables had been turn, Steffy wouldn't have one iota of sympathy for Hope.

Steffy: "It's not just me. Beth is gonna be confused. She and I are bonded. We -- she depends on me." Of course, she depends on you. She's an infant. But come on now, sis.

Hope: "But she is my daughter. And I have been kept away from her for too long. I know the mother in you must understand that."

EB0qceWXoAAocDV.jpg

And you can see Steffy stop sobbing long enough to listen to that. Hope speaking to her, mother to mother. But is it registering? But Hope is resolute here: "She's coming home with us tonight so that we can be the family that we were meant to be."

Steffy continues to wail: "I realize that this is a life-changing moment for you. But it is for me, too. I've been her mom! She's been my baby! My baby." And she's not wrong here. It's life-changing for both of them. But in the end, only one of them is and can be Beth's mom. And that person is Hope.

Hope, tears in her eyes, says: "Steffy, I know your heart is breaking, and I wish it didn't have to. But Beth is ours. I mean, if you want, we will do whatever -- blood testing or dna or..."

Brooke: "Honey. I think we all know that's not necessary." Here, I actually disagree with Brooke. I think we should have definitive DNA results so there is zero doubt. And retest Kelly while you're at it, Steffy. 

Hope: "I know Beth loves you. And I promise that you will still be a part of her life. And the same with Kelly. But it's time for her to go home. It's time for you to let Beth go."

EB0xxxnXkAAvKM4.jpg

She knows that the longer this drags on, the more painful it will be. Like death by a thousand paper cuts. 

Steffy: "This is so hard for me to grasp. She's Phoebe to me. She's been Phoebe since the day I brought her home. I can't just flip a switch." And no one here is expecting her to. 

Ridge: "Why can't we just take a few days to adjust? Can we do that?" Because what will be so earth-shatteringly different in a few days? Yes, Steffy will have more time to process but that's more time taken from Lope and their child and I don't see her resolve to want to keep Beth as diminishing one bit. In fact, I see those feelings only growing stronger. Again, rip the band-aid off and be done with it so the real healing - for everyone - can begin.

Steffy: "How is this happening? Zoe's father? Like, how could he do something like this?" Steffy, we are way past that. He DID do it. 

Liam: "Because Reese Buckingham is a terrible human being, that's how."

Steffy: "Flo knew all along?"

Liam confirm this: "Flo pretended to be Phoebe's birth mother and signed a bunch of phony documents, the whole thing." And Carter didn't pick up on any of that. No checks with the doctor, the hospital, the lack of signatures on certain paperwork, the phony attorney.

Steffy sighs.

Hope's face, her voice, turn dark: "I can't even begin to wrap my mind around her part in all this." And I hope she gives Flo her day (at minimum) of reckoning.

Brooke: "And let's not forget about Thomas. He knew Beth was alive and never said a word to you, honey." 

Ridge: "Hey, Brooke, you want to do this right now, really?"

EBzjpUGWkAA-0o5.jpg

It's the truth, Ridge. About your precious son. And he is part of the reason this dragged out even longer. I do not want his part to be lost in the wake of Flo, Zoe, Dr. Fuckingham and Xander. And considering he raped Liam by proxy and was angling to do the same to Hope and tried to kidnap her, I don't give a fuck all about Thomas. So quit defending your devil son.

Liam, his eyes welling as he looks at his ex-wife: "Hey, Steffy. I know your heart is breaking right now because mine's breaking for you. You don't deserve any of this. And I'm so sorry. I mean, she's wonderful, you know? She's the person that she is because of you. Because you raised her. She's smart and she's curious and she's so happy, and that's you. That is all you. (I think that's a stretch considering her age, but I know what he's trying to do here). But Hope was robbed. I mean, she never even got a chance to be our daughter's mother. She never got to -- to raise her or teach her or love her, and she thought that was her fault because she couldn't deliver Beth alive, and it sent her into the worst possible depression you could imagine, and now the truth is out, and I feel like reconnecting could give us a chance to heal. But you know -- you know how much I care about you and our daughters, right? I know that this is devastating for you. I know that. But how we choose to move forward is gonna be a defining moment for all of us. And our daughters."

EB0w_ceWsAAHWHk.jpg

Yes and you can choose to move forward with dignity and class. That might be a tough one for our resident slattern since that's not her usual M.O.

Hope: "We will work together to overcome all of this... this pain and heartbreak. To provide the best future possible for all of us. But it is time for us to take control of our lives again. I need to start living my life again... with my daughter." She absolutely does and no one has the right to stop her.

Steffy: "Phoebe has been my daughter from the very beginning. And I gave her every ounce of my love and affection. She and Kelly changed my life. I've had so many sleepless nights, worrying about their futures. Worrying about every little thing that could harm them, knowing that I would sacrifice my life in an instant if it meant protecting theirs. But I wasn't prepared for this. I'm not. I'm not prepared for this. And I want to fight it! I want to fight it for them! And for us." I could empathize with her a little bit here but she had to look at Liam when she said "and for us," which once again confirms this fauxdoption was just as much about Liam as it was about a plaything for Kelly.

Steffy takes a deep breath and looks for what seems like forever at Beth, who is just absolutely adorable as she stares back at her. I just want to squeeze those sweet little baby cheeks.

I let out a long exhale, hearing that. 

Finally.

Even Beth seems to smile at this.

She sighs again, going into the nursery.

Ridge pipes up: "Steffy did nothing wrong. None of you did." Thanks, Captain Obvious.

Brooke shakes her head sadly: "It's terrible, what reese put you kids through."

Ridge: "Give me five minutes with that guy."

Liam, quietly but firmly: "Take a number." 

Ridge: "They're gonna find him, and they're gonna arrest him."

Eh, we'll see.

Steffy comes back into the living room with a big duffel bag: "I put together a few of Beth's favorite things." That was sweet of her. She hovers near the closed nursery door and while I know I said she was dead to me after the heartless things she said earlier, she's maybe not completely dead but I reserve the right to circle back over the coming days and weeks.

Hope coaxes her oh-so-gently: "Come here." As she approaches: "I will never forget who took care of my daughter when I couldn't." When she wasn't allowed to, but it's a very sweet thing to say.

Liam: "You will never, ever be out of her life." But he remains standing next to Hope, his wife, ever the united front.

Hope: "We're one big, extended family. We always have been, and we always will be." And just look at Steffy's face as her delusions of a happy family with Liam (and NOT with Hope) go up in smoke.

Hope adds: "Besides... they're half-sisters. They'll be seeing a lot of each other." Beth babbles away in her mother's arms.

Steffy: "Can I hold her?" And that, more than anything, made me believe Steffy really does get it at last.

Hope's eyes fill but she smiles through the tear, saying instantly: "Of course."

EB02hHiWwAACa9m.jpg

And think how hard it was to let Beth go, if only for a moment, but that's who Hope is.

Steffy takes the baby into her arms: "Come here. Come here, baby."

EB03C6pXoAArpg2.jpg

Their final moment as mother and daughter. Yes, I said that. She tries to smile through her tears, saying: "Look at you. It's been so wonderful and amazing watching you grow. But now Mommy needs to let you go. This isn't your home anymore. But this isn't goodbye because I'm gonna see you all the time, okay?"

Hope and Liam look on, clearly moved by this moment.

EB02x4kXUAAE1vI.jpg

Beth, sensing Steffy's distress starts to cry. "I've got to give you to your Mommy. I have to give you to Hope now. Okay? Here you go." She hands the baby to Hope, who is crying, as is Liam. Immediately, Beth quiets, perfectly content in her mother's arms.

Scott is very good here as Liam wipes away his tears and again, I like that he didn't have a ton of dialogue.

EB03J_BWsAAzQKU.jpg

He doesn't need it.

EB03J-_WkAUouu4.jpg

Hope does what she must and walks away with Beth with Brooke and Liam close behind.

I love that Liam did not hesitate for one nanosecond. They fell into tandem step and that was beautiful to see.

But then Hope stops.

EB03Un8WwAEJwlA.jpg

She turns at the door, Beth in her arms, and looks back at Steffy.so many emotions on her face and Annika was just amazing here.

EB03htxWkAInWMQ.jpg

Steffy looks at her and Beth. 

EB03ht2XsAAqCj8.jpg

Annika continues to slay as she conveys her own heartbreak at Steffy's heartbreak, the epitome of bittersweet in her heart and her throat right now. And tell me this is a face of a woman so heartless. Because nope. 

EB03ht2WsAIWTsE.jpg

And don't even try to tell me if the shoe was on the other foot that Steffy would have a fingernail's width of empathy for Hope. Annika broke my heart all over again.

EB03ht2WkAAvrwK.jpg

She then leaves, to start a whole new life with her baby and her husband.

Ridge eyes his daughter but I don't know, it's not exactly a look of caring and concerning.

EBz_hZtXsAA_g5G.jpg

Steffy begins sobbing in earnest now, her chest heaving, and collapses, but Ridge catches her before she falls. They sink to the floor together as Steffy cries: "My baby!"

And yeah, it took me right out of what should have been a tear-inducing scene because it was just terrible. So much so, that yeah, I giggled.

I mean, he looks like he's helping her with a bowel movement here.

EBzdWdMX4AEaMYp.jpg

Sorry Jacquie, but this show? Not your best work. I mean, she's not the strongest actress to begin with, especially when up against Annika and Scott, but she was much better in the affair reveal/aftermath than she is here. 

It didn't help that TK, so much better in the office confrontation scenes, was really phoning it in today. 

But any thoughts of JMW getting consecutive Emmys really need to get a reality check because AN has that sewn up and has since early January.

So again, to sum up, a decidedly mixed bag with Sally seemingly taking Wyatt back so easily and the unintentional comedy gold that was Hauxdi breaking down in Sludge's arms, but Hope getting Beth and her life back with Liam firmly in her corner was beautiful to see.

• Love 15

Dumbest resolution ever to a baby switch.

How are these fools planning on calling the police on Flo, Zoe, etc., and not mentioning Thomas, PhoebeBeth, etc.?

It would be hilarious if the court ordered a DNA test on Phoebe, and she wasn't Beth.

• Love 4

Yeah, Hope finding out that her baby that she thought was dead for almost 8 months, then learns is alive for a few days, learns her baby's (a) still dead or (b) missing/being raised by someone else is a barrel of laughs.

• Love 11

Until the adoption is invalidated, PhoebeBeth is legally Steffy's child.  In order to invalidate the adoption, and show PhoebeBeth is their bio and legal child, Liam and Hope need a DNA test, the police and the courts.

It's no wonder Thomas is such an entitled prick.  All these people think they are above the law, including Liam, Hope, Brooke and Ridge.

ETA:  After months of this boring SL, the writers feel a need to recap it?  Seriously?

Finally, a Douglas appearance.

"I wonder what Douglas thinks?"  Ridge and Brooke, Douglas knows what psychos he's related to.

Karen needs to get custody of Douglas.

Edited by TigerLynx
  • Useful 1
  • Love 4

The little boy playing Douglas is adorable. He has thrown himself in the role. I am enjoying him. I hope that they keep him around after Thomas' likely departure. He can live with Hope and Liam.

• Love 20
43 minutes ago, SimoneS said:

The little boy playing Douglas is adorable. He has thrown himself in the role. I am enjoying him. I hope that they keep him around after Thomas' likely departure. He can live with Hope and Liam.

He and baby Beth are scene stealers! 🥰

• Love 16
3 hours ago, CountryGirl said:

Does he not even get that Sally's secret - Flo or no Flo - was not break-up worthy in the first place???

No.

It takes skill to be a bigger, denser ass than Liam usually. Lucky for Wyatt that I'm too tired from the rest of the fuckery on this show to rant about this blatant hypocrisy. Shit, how many times has he chewed out Liam for this shit? 

18 hours ago, Zoe116 said:

It’s almost like falling for someone because you hit your head in your bathtub isn’t a good foundation for a relationship.

😂😂😂😂😂😂

12 hours ago, Cool Breeze said:

The thing with Ridge and Brooke, though, is that, while they love each other and (ugh) seem to still desire each other, they rarely seem to care for one another.  They’re simply inconsiderate of one another’s feelings...This kind of dynamic didn’t really exist with RM’s Ridge and his absence is palpable.

I think that's why Bridge 2.0 for all it's relative stability of late falls way flat. I always rolled my eyes during Bridge's lovey dovey stuff ten years ago, but at least I felt like they loved each other. Nowadays they remind me far more of ATWT's Lily and Holden who barely seemed to tolerate the other by the end of the series. And I hate Lilden even more than Victor and Nikki.

3 hours ago, CountryGirl said:

Brooke snaps: "No reason? Hope's already lost so much time. Months of thinking that her baby died, and all along, Beth was right here." Exactly, Brooke. She is being the voice of reason here and as Hope's mother and Beth's grandmother, she has every right to speak up. Should she remain silent as Ridge says stupid shit? No. Absolutely not. 

God no. The last time she took a firm stance against Ridge's treatment of her children was back when Rick was macking on barely legal Phoebe and it was a very obvious excuse to go running back to Nick after he'd finally moved on. Considering how horrible everything with this story has been, I'm glad we aren't having Brooke defer to Ridge's bullshit on top of it. 

• Love 9

Oooh, I'm gonna love today's episode.

Because look who's back, as cute as ever.

EB3iiJ2XUAAiHH0.jpg

EB3ijOjWwAMTmpf.jpg

EB3myvgXkAAK9Lr.jpg

EB3nLRtXYAAXxON.jpg

I absolutely adore Douglas, who is getting his due like the super-hero he is.

And Hope absolutely loves him and cares about him just as much, if not more, now that she knows the truth. 

EB3kSrwXkAATp3G.jpg

So much for Hope only caring about Douglas until she got Beth back.

HospitableThinDunlin-size_restricted.gif

And while I think him living with his grandmoms Karen and Dani would probably be the best situation for him, it's not completely far-fetched to think he could live with Liam. He is his 2nd cousin after all and Caroline considered Liam and Wyatt to be her brothers. 

Elsewhere in the WRONG category...Hope and Thomas are NOT married because the annulment she and Liam signed is NOT legal because it was stipulated/based on them never having any children. Which is obviously not the case so no annulment = Lope is still very much married.

Edited by CountryGirl
  • Love 18
1 hour ago, CountryGirl said:

Elsewhere in the WRONG category...Hope and Thomas are NOT married because the annulment she and Liam signed is NOT legal because it was stipulated/based on them never having any children. Which is obviously not the case so no annulment = Lope is still very much married.

I really hope this is the B&B "law" they go with because I don't want Hope and Liam to have their 75th wedding. This show plays so fast and loose with laws that I'd like them to use it for good just this once. 

• Love 12

It is just to easy for the guys on this show (Liam, Wyatt, Ridge) to flip back and forth between women.  I hate that Sally was so easy on Wyatt.  If that's not bad enough, Hope has to reassure Liam she didn't have sex with Thomas. {face palm}

Please let Caroline be alive, and let Steffy not give a damn about Liam after this.  Maybe Sally will have second thoughts about Wyatt.  Throw the viewers who don't give a damn about Ridge, Brooke, Liam or Hope a bone, and let other characters get a real SL that doesn't involve these boring losers.

The fallout from the Phoebe/Beth SL has been kind of tame.  I expected more fireworks.

I'm glad there was some acknowledgement that Douglas did what none of the adults would do.

Edited by TigerLynx
  • Love 6
1 hour ago, Petunia13 said:

I’m surprised Steffy didn’t offer Hope to take Kelly instead.

She would have if she could even remember Kelly's name. "No! Take the other one... what's her name? The first one who only naps and goes to the doctor. Take that one!"

• LOL 11
  • Love 2
22 hours ago, Zoe116 said:

It’s almost like falling for someone because you hit your head in your bathtub isn’t a good foundation for a relationship

You mean it's not??? 🤣

• LOL 12
  • Love 2