Type keyword(s) to search

B&B: What's Up Today at Forrester Creations? - Daily Chat

• Start Topic

First off, KM talks (and, acts) with her hands. Drives.me.up.a.wall. Ivy is pretty but isn't needed. Aly & Oliver have grown on me but they are written like they are 16 years old. Are they? Quinn needs a man and different storyline. She is so one note. We know that Rena Sofer can act but she needs a real storyline that isn't a repeat. Also, another B&B episode brings another flashback. Brad Bell really loves a flashback, doesn't he? Even, if it's from the day before. Lazy writing on his part.

• Love 3
Not to mention an icon like the Eiffel Tower :)

Heh, that really was an unfortunate choice of comparison for the writers to make unless they were deliberately throwing shade at Hope. There's a slang meaning to the term "Eiffel Tower" which sorta fits this situation with Hope in between two guys. And Liam and Wyatt are not only half-brothers, they're also Eskimo brothers. (Ugh, the stuff you learn when read sites like reddit and Urban Dictionary...)

• Love 5

...but Ivy basically put her professional and personal life on hold to be Beady's purse and handholder.

I do feel bad for Ivy.  She is the only victim here, she has been there for Beady for some inexplicable reason, she started to develop something with him when he decided he had moved on, and now that he thinks he can win Hopeless back, he is pretty much insta-dumping her.  And she was all "oh well, good for him, he belongs with her, I'm not going to be upset, I was only the placeholder".

And, thank goodness that the Queen of Shade already realizes that!  It takes some of these people years--YEARS!--to buy that particular clue and move the fuck on.  Which leads me to ask:  Was the character really needed?  It's not as if LaLa Land isn't teeming with Hope cheerleaders, hand holders, and Haterade sippers whose sole purpose in life is to make the poor chit miserable.

• Love 2

mean, how many weddings need to not happen for one reason or another before THAT is a sign that you two shouldn't be together?

Exactly.  I laughed at the montage today.  Pretty sure if you try to get married so many times and it doesn't happen, you should get a clue. 

I've stopped counting how many weeks I've been watching but I did realize today that I've only seen half the people in the credits.  Not sure what that says about the show. 

• Love 2

I've stopped counting how many weeks I've been watching but I did realize today that I've only seen half the people in the credits. Not sure what that says about the show.

That the show needs some redirection and focus?

Back at the beginning of the show in '87, the cast was just under twenty people: five of the six Forresters; the Logans, minus Stephen Sr.; Bill and Caroline and Margo; and a few day players like Alex Johnson and Donna's first (on show and not retconned) boyfriend Mark that were used as needed. Bill Bell also had no problem using an actor for one or two key scenes per episode instead of padding lines to fill twenty minutes like Brat Bell does .

It's not an issue of adding more characters for having fewer (although nuRidge can jump in a lake for all I care), but better utilization.

• Love 4

Geez, how many more assaults does Quinn get to commit before someone has her psycho a$$ arrested? I won't be surprised if she seriously tries to kill Liam now. The last time was mostly a lot of melodrama but next time she won't be screwing around. Of course, that will only serve to pull Hope even closer to him if he ends up in the hospital on the verge of death.

• Love 4

Oh NOOOOES, the manipulations, they BURN. In all seriousness, the issue isn't "We wuz Robbed." The issue is, instead of going off alone to have a pout, or even having a weekend sex romp with whomever, or getting a tattoo...Hope's reaction to getting stood up was to go off and MARRY someone else.  THAT DAY (or however long the flight to the yacht took). Not to call or text Liam some drunken rant, or blog about faithless undependable fiances, no...she went on vacation and said YES to a marriage proposal and wedding with someone else.  Who am I kidding, Liam did practically the same thing not too long ago.  But neither of them has LEARNED from any of that.  And it is incredibly frustrating.  This isn't just the first or second or even THIRD time that some "outside" influence has obstructed the One True Love.  Now, if only Hope would say, that sucks about Quinn, but I'm gonna stay married to this crazy ostrich and probably get pregnant next week because he wants to.  By the way, please send the keys to your house by messenger, and be cleared out at the end of the week. Make a decision and stick to it!  ANY decision;.  Then go on a psycho rampage with your "loony" mother in law.

Yay and Aly and Oliver sighting!

Now that everyone knows, how's the whole "$Bill keps the secret" thing going to play out?  What was the point of all that? 

Charlie'd better sleep with one eye open, Quinn don't play that mess.

Poor Ivy.  I hear Carter is single!  Make it happen, show!

• Love 5

I'll be surprised if Hope doesn't choose to stay with Foghorn Leghorn.  At least until she catches him screwing with her birth control. Of course Quinn will talk him into it. (spec not spoiler)  I think Hope would give more weight to the fact that she did marry Chicken Head, and try to do the right thing by staying with him, pining for Liam and watching him get closer to Ivy. Driving Foggy as insane as his Mother with insecurity. I like this scenario, because I like Liam when he's not with Hope.

• Love 6

This show is so "off", it's lack of direction is jarring. Aren't Brooke and Ridge co-Vice Presidents? When have we seen them working together? For that matter, when have we seen them interact at all? The two most important characters to this shows history cannot have a dialog now without being chaperoned by Katie, Bill or Deacon, or a combination of all three. You never see anyone working anymore; when people are "at the office" that is to discuss someone's love life, it is not to work on designs or upcoming lines. Maybe I am padding the past, but I can recall always seeing Eric and Ridge busily designing in their offices, or fitting models for upcoming shows. Even in Thorne's basement getaway there was always activity, and the hustle and bustle of running a fashion house. Now, Brooke is calling Hope to FC's to discuss her plans and the possibility of becoming pregnant?

Add to that, that we now have three confirmed attempts by Quinn to injure or kill someone. And what are the pertinent players doing? Pam and Charlie are probably at Medieval Times lifting tankards of ale to their favorite knight, Ivy has run to FC's to tell Ally and Oliver, Liam is waiting at the "Cliff House" to reclaim his Princess, and Wyatt and Quinn are calmly discussing her deeds as if they were having afternoon tea, or reading the Sunday paper over a lazy breakfast, "Mom, what is a six letter word for a crazy person?" "Oh, I don't know son, why don't you try psycho?"

Shouldn't someone have called the authorities straight away? I realize this crime happened in another country, but coupled with her other daring deeds, wouldn't it at least warrant a court ordered mental evaluation? And the waste of Rena Sofer is criminal. Stephanie played the overbearing, possessive momma bear for nearly thirty years, and for the most part it worked. But Stephanie wasn't written this way, she cloaked her evil in civility and social grace, and there were only a few times in all those years that she really went over the top. In contrast, Quinn has been over the top about Liam from day one. And it makes no sense. No sense at all. With Stephanie, you could understand were she was coming from because the show allowed us to see it, and to understand the history. There is none of that with Quinn; just wham, bam, gonna kill you man.

I was shocked to hear Hope say to Brooke that she has moved on. Hmmm. haven't seen much evidence of that.

I think Liam is being far too confident.

Please, please, please show, get back to something interesting.

• Love 8

Well, to play devil's advocate here, now that summer's over and the kids are back in school, maybe there will be a shift away from the younger characters and back to business stories. They could have been doing that intentionally. And we have seen RidgePen working Caroline for her eye-hand coordination and ability to hold a pencil.

I think it's odd that Brooke doesn't seem to have many lines these days. She just seems to listen and look puzzled. 

• Love 3
Well, to play devil's advocate here, now that summer's over and the kids are back in school, maybe there will be a shift away from the younger characters and back to business stories.
I think there's a snowball's chance in hell of that.  Hopeless and Beady Eyes and the various dalliances and interferences that have kept them apart (Bill, Steffy, Thomas, Deacon, Wyatt, Quinn, Mr. Magoo and the Easter Bunny and God and the universe and bedbugs and the ocean and.... ) have been Bradley's obsession for YEARS now.  And they will continue to be.  It took this show 20 years to finally get off the revolving Ridge/Brooke/whoever train, and this new one is unfortunately here to stay.

I don't understand why Beady feels like he can just order everyone around.  He barges into Wyatt's house, and demands "where's Hope?!"  Just like when he barged into her office about the pregnancy test.  He calls Hope and says she has to see him.  And she does!  I can't understand why Wyatt would want to remain with someone who constantly disrespects him.  He is now recognised by Bill as a Spencer, surely he stands to gain access to the Spencer money, not to mention the money that the Fuller family presumably has from running a supposedly well-renowned jewelry house.  Why does he bother with her?  Find someone new who won't always be thinking about someone else and their beady beady eyes.

• Love 4

Maybe I am padding the past, but I can recall always seeing Eric and Ridge busily designing in their offices, or fitting models for upcoming shows. Even in Thorne's basement getaway there was always activity, and the hustle and bustle of running a fashion house.

It's not just you. Even if a particular scene doesn't entirely revolve around a showing, it gets discussed...like Kirsten and Margo discussing the former's shakey relationship with her mother while talking about how bold and creative her designs are.

As I type this, I realize that none of the stories of the first few months were even directly about Forrester Creations. Nearly all of it was character development, and FC was a way to advance that. But now, characterization is thrown into the wind to move whatever cockneyed plot BabyBell has come up with along.

• Love 7

This show is so "off", it's lack of direction is jarring. Aren't Brooke and Ridge co-Vice Presidents? When have we seen them working together? For that matter, when have we seen them interact at all? The two most important characters to this shows history cannot have a dialog now without being chaperoned by Katie, Bill or Deacon, or a combination of all three. You never see anyone working anymore; when people are "at the office" that is to discuss someone's love life, it is not to work on designs or upcoming lines. Maybe I am padding the past, but I can recall always seeing Eric and Ridge busily designing in their offices, or fitting models for upcoming shows. Even in Thorne's basement getaway there was always activity, and the hustle and bustle of running a fashion house. Now, Brooke is calling Hope to FC's to discuss her plans and the possibility of becoming pregnant?

Add to that, that we now have three confirmed attempts by Quinn to injure or kill someone. And what are the pertinent players doing? Pam and Charlie are probably at Medieval Times lifting tankards of ale to their favorite knight, Ivy has run to FC's to tell Ally and Oliver, Liam is waiting at the "Cliff House" to reclaim his Princess, and Wyatt and Quinn are calmly discussing her deeds as if they were having afternoon tea, or reading the Sunday paper over a lazy breakfast, "Mom, what is a six letter word for a crazy person?" "Oh, I don't know son, why don't you try psycho?"

Shouldn't someone have called the authorities straight away? I realize this crime happened in another country, but coupled with her other daring deeds, wouldn't it at least warrant a court ordered mental evaluation? And the waste of Rena Sofer is criminal. Stephanie played the overbearing, possessive momma bear for nearly thirty years, and for the most part it worked. But Stephanie wasn't written this way, she cloaked her evil in civility and social grace, and there were only a few times in all those years that she really went over the top. In contrast, Quinn has been over the top about Liam from day one. And it makes no sense. No sense at all. With Stephanie, you could understand were she was coming from because the show allowed us to see it, and to understand the history. There is none of that with Quinn; just wham, bam, gonna kill you man.

I was shocked to hear Hope say to Brooke that she has moved on. Hmmm. haven't seen much evidence of that.

I think Liam is being far too confident.

Please, please, please show, get back to something interesting.

WORD to every bit of this!  

My patience has worn quite thin and I'm glad that I'm barely paying much attention to the show these days.  Otherwise, I would be walking around half bald.  Yes, it would be nice to see Bill and Brooke--together--actually conversing about their relationship without their usual Haterade sippers nipping at their heels and interjecting their unsolicited advice and opinions.  If it weren't for the fact that Brooke is still wearing Bill's ring (the last time I checked), I would be hard pressed to remember that they are still technically engaged.  It's as if the romance has been sucked out of their relationship.  Can we at least see a kiss?  Can we see them sharing a quiet dinner together?

I also agree that the show totally lacks direction right now and the ongoing emphasis on Hope's romantic travails has taken the show totally off kilter.  It's odd that after Brooke basically put her own life on hold to appease Ridge the Jackass, she's done virtually nothing to get things back on track in her own life.  And, no--Deacon SHOULD NOT BE an option!  Yet, there she is, entertaining his B.S. proposals as if they have any merit instead of telling him firmly that it's not going to happen--period.  The one thing I will say in Bill's defense is that he repeatedly let Brooke know that no matter what happened with them, he was not going back to Katie.  Meanwhile, Brooke can't give her con artist baby-daddy the same affirmation that no matter what happens between her and Bill, she doesn't want Deacon?  Instead, it's "our time has passed."  What time is that, pray tell?  Was it in or out of bed?  Because from what I remember, there was no chance of them having a future together any damn way.

Bill aligning himself with Quinn is ridiculous.  I mean, she only tried to kill his son and maliciously acted to interrupt his wedding to the woman he says he's been waiting for all his life.  Yet, here he is entertaining her B.S.  Which leads me to ask--when will this crazy bitch actually be arrested for attempted murder?  I won't even touch on Bill not putting Wyatt in his place when he had the temerity to ask to move into Liam's house.  Aren't Wyatt and his little child bride gainfully employed?  Bill should have shut that mess down quick, fast and in a hurry.

I remember back in the day that Bill Bell typically had 2 to 3 storyline arcs going at one time, and he managed to do it on a show that aired only 22 minutes per day.  No one person or storyline ate the entire show.  There wasn't always a lot of action, but even when people were standing around and having conversations, it served to move the stories along.  You had the Forresters, who were all focused on fashion shows; Ridge and Caroline's wedding; Stephanie and Eric's long-standing marital problems; Stephanie's enmity toward Kristen; Thorne shooting Ridge after his "prank" in Caroline's bed and the attempt to cover it up; and Stephanie's devastation when she learned that the daughter she believed she had been caring for over several years actually died when she was 12 while the Forrester family was in Europe for a year.  The Logans had their own storylines, centering around their lack of financial security; Brooke being attacked by thugs and wanting to aid in their capture; her engagement to Dave; Grandma Logan being mugged; Katie's insecurity about her acne; Donna's smarmy boyfriend; and Rocco and Katie.  Plus Storm was in law school while Brooke actively pursued her masters degree in chemistry.  

It wasn't until recent years that Brad Bell typically had one character or storyline eating the entire show, particularly RM/Ridge and the shiny new objects he became enamored with, i.e. Amber, Nick, Katie, etc.  Now it's All Hope.  All. The. Damn. Time.

• Love 5

They can't pin this one on Quinn, not this time, IMO.

Quinn could have held up the plane, set up an entire obstacle course for Liam to run through, or thrown herself into that dang river for all I care and I still don't blame Quinn for this one.

The reason Liam and Hope didn't get married and that Wype DID get married is because Hope couldn't wait a few hours or even a few more minutes for Liam to get there. And really, Liam, you couldn't TEXT Hope to say, hey, I'm on my way, see you soon, etc.?

But seriously, Hope waited until 3pm and then when Liam didn't show right on the dot, she took off for Wyatt like the spoiled, immature, little girl she still is. This is something you do when you're in junior high and the boy who promised to take you didn't show. So, you go dance with another boy.

Not our Hope-less - you don't show up right.this.second and I'm MARRYING someone else.

What a clueless little twit she is.

• Love 8

They can't pin this one on Quinn, not this time, IMO.

I agree on not pinning the non-wedding on her, but her pushing Ivy from a bridge is a crime that she needs to be held accountable for.

I really wish someone would have called Quinn out on her denials, which all ended up being lies that she got caught in.  I wasn't in Paris, how DARE YOU say I was in Paris...wellllll I was in Paris, but it was for a job interview.  I didn't push anybody, how DARE YOU say I pushed somebody....welllll I did push somebody, but it's not like she got hurt.  I can't stand Quinn...but not in a love to hate way, just in a "hate" way.  It's ridiculous how stupidly one-note this character is being written.  The writers should make her at least somewhat rootable...show some vulnerabilities, or at least a semi-good reason why she is so over the top, but so far I am seeing nothing.

• Love 6
Not our Hope-less - you don't show up right.this.second and I'm MARRYING someone else.

They're perfect for each other (Liam and Hope) in that way, and yet, that is why they can never seem to get it together, because they're both petulant children who can't use their words when conflict crops up.  

• Love 3

I can't stand Quinn...but not in a love to hate way, just in a "hate" way.  It's ridiculous how stupidly one-note this character is being written.  The writers should make her at least somewhat rootable...show some vulnerabilities, or at least a semi-good reason why she is so over the top, but so far I am seeing nothing.

Maybe it's because I like Rena Sofer but I do see a hint of vulnerability in the way she's playing Quinn, but it's only when she's interacting with Wyatt.  It's subtle - she's BSC with everyone but him and in their scenes I get the underlying desperation for him to understand what she's doing and why she's doing it.  You can see it in her face.   ETA:  I think both actors are good together.  I don't care that much one way or the other about Wyatt but when he's dealing with his mother, he comes off much more sympathetic.

That said, Quinn needs something else to focus on in between the crazy. 

Edited by tessaray
  • Love 3

So, initially, I was thinking that they'll "surprise" us by having Hope choose to stay with Wyatt (for now).  But, with all of Wyatt's talk of starting a family, I'd be willing to bet that she'll choose Liam and then, in a couple weeks, we'll see her finding out she's pregnant. 

• Love 2

they're both petulant children

The operative word being "children". Children have no business getting married, much less be working on their third or fourth trip down the aisle. Even worse is that so many of the adults around Hope and Liam encourage their idiocy. At this rate Hope will be rivaling Liz Taylor--or her own mother--by the time she's 30.

Edited by Joimiaroxeu
  • Love 7
But, with all of Wyatt's talk of starting a family, I'd be willing to bet that she'll choose Liam and then, in a couple weeks, we'll see her finding out she's pregnant.

That's exactly what's going to happen.  Notwithstanding the fact that this is a tired and tried soap truism, but if it sounds familiar, it's because Bradley did the exact same thing not so long ago.  Beady Eyes was with Steffy, but then decided he wanted to pingpong back to Hopeless.  So of course Steffy discovers she is pregnant, she goes to tell him but sees him kissing Hopeless (I think it was at weird little one room shack in the woods somewhere on the Forrester grounds???) so she flees to Paris.

Must be nice to be Bradley.  He sucks at his job and yet he has the ultimate job security.

Edited by blackwing
  • Love 4

But, with all of Wyatt's talk of starting a family, I'd be willing to bet that she'll choose Liam and then, in a couple weeks, we'll see her finding out she's pregnant.

If this shit happens, I'm out. I refuse to subject myself to 9 months of Hope's indecisive face/longing looks and the inevitable DNA switcheroo courtesy of Quinn. I'll check back in after the birth. But I will keep up with this board cause you guys are SO much more entertaining. :)

• Love 8

I'd be willing to bet that she'll choose Liam and then, in a couple weeks, we'll see her finding out she's pregnant.

But if Liam and Wyatt are both late to the doctor's appointment who will she turn to?

If this shit happens, I'm out.

I'm already out, and if I can judge by all the posts, I'm ahead of the game.  I'm waiting until Fall and hopefully some adults (Brooke, Bill, Quinn) or Aly will get some none H/L/W storyline. 

• Love 8

I agree on not pinning the non-wedding on her, but her pushing Ivy from a bridge is a crime that she needs to be held accountable for.

I really wish someone would have called Quinn out on her denials, which all ended up being lies that she got caught in.  I wasn't in Paris, how DARE YOU say I was in Paris...wellllll I was in Paris, but it was for a job interview.  I didn't push anybody, how DARE YOU say I pushed somebody....welllll I did push somebody, but it's not like she got hurt.  I can't stand Quinn...but not in a love to hate way, just in a "hate" way.  It's ridiculous how stupidly one-note this character is being written.  The writers should make her at least somewhat rootable...show some vulnerabilities, or at least a semi-good reason why she is so over the top, but so far I am seeing nothing.

I had such high hopes when Rena Sofer joined B&B.  She was desperately needed in that demographic that seemed to consist of Brooke and Taylor:  perimenopausal but still too young to be a sexless matriarch, which is what Stephanie ultimately became.  I also had hopes that a friendship of some sort would form between Brooke and Quinn given that the show is bereft of any real female friendships whatsoever.  Unfortunately, Bradley just can't let go of his Madonna/Tramp dichotomy and crazy women, along with women who are romantic rivals, evidently float his boat.  

We saw flashes of the cray-cray early on when Quinn set her sights on Eric.  It's only been ramped up and Quinn has become a caricature of evil and nothing more than a Stephanie/Sheila clone.  As noted above, Stephanie was vile, but she hid it well beneath a veneer of "classiness" and one could understand why she was the way she was.  Plus, Stephanie was allowed to be human and display her own vulnerabilities about her failing marriage, the child she hid from the rest of the family for years, and her desirability as a middle-aged and beautiful woman whose husband no longer saw her that way.  When she obsessed about Ridge, you knew she was touched especially when she made comments to Brooke such as "You stole my son!"   When she was jealous of her own daughter's relationship with Eric and implied it was inappropriate, you knew that she was merely projecting her own behavior with Ridge onto Eric and Kristen.  And, hiring gigolo designer, Clarke Garrison, to seduce Kristen to see if she was frigid?  Insanity at its best especially when she ended up falling for Clarke's charms herself.  I even understood where Sheila was coming from and why she was so dangerously insecure in her marriage to Eric.  She not only had a first wife to contend with, but she also had to constantly stay one step ahead of her Genoa City nemesis so that she wouldn't be exposed for the monster she was.  Plus, I always believed that Sheila was Stephanie's most formidable foe especially when she told Stephanie in so many words, "Don't fuck with me!  You will be SORRY if you do!"  

Stephanie also had other storylines that weren't fueled by her obsession with Ridge, including her brief experience with homelessness and her cancer.  What else does Quinn do besides run interference for her precious little boo?  Oh, right.  She's into S&M.

• Love 6

Yeah, it's a shame that they've painted her into a corner so early. Assaulting people, murdering people. And she's not ingratiated enough to rationalize her continued presence. No one likes her, she doesn't have a job, she tries to kill people, her son has tenuous connections to the people on canvas, but people still tolerate her presence? One of the reasons I love Ivy is because of her real reactions. The first thing she thought when hearing that Quinn pushed her was, "Okay. Police." My kind of girl.

• Love 5

Why doesn't Hopeless just say "Screw both of you, I'm going back to Oliver!"  I'm amazed at how easily she just dropped him.  She was upset that he wallboinked her mom, but in his defence, he thought it was her.  But so sad, too bad, buhbye Ollie.  She was so harsh on him for his one innocent mistake.  Then we have seen this woman make mistake after mistake after mistake and her two foos keep overlooking these mistakes and keep wanting her in spite of all of them.

It is so very odd to me how the show never ever references the time that Hopeless and Oliver were together.  But we are treated to the singular scene of Rick and Maya kissing on a median strip on Rodeo Drive (and the accompanying scintillating sparkling fairy music) ad nauseum.  I think Oliver deserves a second chance and I would find it refreshing to see Hope and him together again, rather than seeing Hope waffle again for about the 50th time in her young life.  Plus, it would make Aly's head explode.  Just anything where Hope isn't the prize.

Can we at least see this temporarily?  Can Bradley please lay off the Beady/Wyatt battle for at least a week?  Or at least have Hopeless do a Kelly Taylor "I choose me"?

• Love 2

Today is a day that reinforces why I cheer more for Wyatt than Liam.  Mr "Losing love hurts, he'll understand and get over it"..... sure.... like you did jackass?!?  UGHHHH  Hope make a freakin' choice and move on.  Dr. Holden come back and date Momma Quinn! 

You know I was thinking today, Quinn is a poor mans Stephanie Forrester.  Stephanie had the money to buy people off and have others do her dirty work for her so she could get whatever she wanted for her widdle baby boy Widge.  Quinn doesn't have the money so she has to get her hands dirty to please her widdle Wyatt.   If they needed a new Stephanie, Quinn would have been good and being a villain, I just wish she wasn't as un-rootable!

• Love 1

Why doesn't Hopeless just say "Screw both of you, I'm going back to Oliver!"  I'm amazed at how easily she just dropped him.  She was upset that he wallboinked her mom, but in his defence, he thought it was her.  But so sad, too bad, buhbye Ollie.  She was so harsh on him for his one innocent mistake.  Then we have seen this woman make mistake after mistake after mistake and her two foos keep overlooking these mistakes and keep wanting her in spite of all of them.

It is so very odd to me how the show never ever references the time that Hopeless and Oliver were together.  But we are treated to the singular scene of Rick and Maya kissing on a median strip on Rodeo Drive (and the accompanying scintillating sparkling fairy music) ad nauseum.  I think Oliver deserves a second chance and I would find it refreshing to see Hope and him together again, rather than seeing Hope waffle again for about the 50th time in her young life.  Plus, it would make Aly's head explode.  Just anything where Hope isn't the prize.

Can we at least see this temporarily?  Can Bradley please lay off the Beady/Wyatt battle for at least a week?  Or at least have Hopeless do a Kelly Taylor "I choose me"?

I keep wondering that about Oliver, too.  He made one (admittedly stupid) mistake, and he was completely cut out, no chance of redemption.  Liam has voluntarily (and eagerly at times) been involved with and married her stepsister, but he keeps getting chance after chance?  

• Love 2

Liam actually said 'we were robbed' today. Unbelievable.

Why does Hope keep acting like this marriage to Wyatt happened TO her - like she had no say in the matter, rather than something she actively participated in.

She didn't have to say 'I do' after Liam didn't show up by 3:00pm on the dot, but she acts like that was her only choice - and everyone keeps nodding their heads like they also believe it was the logical thing to do.

• Love 7

Haven't seen today's show yet, but if Beady Eyes actually says "we were robbed" to Hopeless, I think I should take away all the objects that I might throw at my TV.  They've had PLENTY of chances to get married.  It's not like they haven't tried to get married 7 times before.  After the 1st or 2nd attempt that was interrupted by "wacky hijinks", you'd think that they could have just gone to a judge to make it legal, and then have a reception/celebration later.

If anyone has "robbed" these two twits of a life together, it is themselves.  They are both too stupid to live.  They make me actively root for Quinn.  I hope Quinn marries either Bill or Eric.  If Sheila can do it, so can she.

• Love 5

Ugh, self-righteous Hope galloping in on her high horse is laughable. Ya dumb twit, no matter what Quinn did, nobody forced you to turn around and marry Wyatt on the immediate rebound.

And I'm still wondering why no one has called the cops on that nutbag. I get that Quinn is the resident villain right now but this is ridiculous.

• Love 6

Wait a minute...Hope is seriously worried about a "gene pool issue" NOW?!   Heifer should have thought of that before she jumped and married Wynutt because Lame was 3 minutes late.  One would think that having Quinnsane as a mother-in-law would be a serious deterrent--sort of the way Raid roach traps are supposedly deterrents for bugs.  Hope should remember that Brooke also had a batshit crazy mother-in-law.  Gee, how did that work out?  Not only will Quinnsane be the de facto head of the young Fooler household, she will dictate when they should procreate and find a way to make it happen if Hope balks.

Hope is such a waste of flesh and an emotional black hole who sucks everybody into her vortex.  I know that it would devastate Brooke (and Deacon, too--I guess), but there are times when I really wish a giant boulder would crush her.  But, with our luck, she'll make out like Wile E. Coyote and live another day and file a lawsuit against Acme Products.  Thanks to this whiny, self-indulgent, needy creature, I can barely remember how charmed I was by the adorable Pace twins when they portrayed Hope as a little girl.  

• Love 6

Liam actually said 'we were robbed' today. Unbelievable.

I couldn't believe it, but then I guess I should.  This show is so predictable now that it practically writes itself.  

Frankly, it amazes me that Lame would want anything to do with Hope at this point.  She's such a spoiled child; the only thing missing is a Leslie Gore tune.  Not that Lame is any better with his constant whining and deer-caught-in-headlights look.  I'm now convinced that it's not even about loving Hope anymore.  Lame and Wynutt want to one-up each other, from getting the girl to the so-called "cliff house," which Bill actually deeded to Lame months before.  Meanwhile, Hope is more than happy to lap up their praise and worship.

• Love 4

Doctor Holden Snyder!

I miss that show*, they were pretty dumb too, but at least they would get kidnapped and stuff.

I don't understand why anyone who likes Oliver would want him anywhere near Hope. Whether you prefer Liam or Wyatt, I think most of us agree they're better when they are Hopeless.

Kim Matula is a beautiful girl and Little Bell obviously has a thing for her, but can we just have a little picture of her in the corner of the tv screen instead of making every damn story about Hope.

How's that Mr Montemayor investigation going?

Did Thorne hire Deacon?

* I still hate/blame The Talk for replacing ATWT

• Love 5

Me too! I miss the Snyder farm so much.  I so fondly remember Emma & her house with the endless bedrooms (at one point I think all of Oakdale lived with her), I miss Walsh Enterprises, the hospital...

I had a fantasy ending for ATWT, where Emma in the last scene would show off her new 30-something husband (yes, I have no life LOL).

• Love 5

To me it's night & day. He wasn't married to Maya, but he is married to Caroline.

Yeah but he wouldn't have been married to Caroline if she hadn't completely disrespected Maya and Raya. Caroline can suck it IMO. It didn't make sense for Rick to marry her so fast anyway after being drunk in love with Maya but that B&B I guess. Stupid. 

• Love 2
So, initially, I was thinking that they'll "surprise" us by having Hope choose to stay with Wyatt (for now).  But, with all of Wyatt's talk of starting a family, I'd be willing to bet that she'll choose Liam and then, in a couple weeks, we'll see her finding out she's pregnant.

If TIIc had to crib from past storylines, Dope should've slept with Chicken Little, then taken Liam's sorry ass back and THEN discovered she was pregnant like the Bricky foundry boink. But turning around and getting married? Good grief, is it any wonder no one under thirty watches this show anymore?

I blame Passanante and Goutman for laying waste to ATWT and P&G for letting them do so as an excuse to cancel the show. And I hate CBS because the same IIC hired Pissante to be co show-killer along with Jill Farren Phelps on Y&R. Even with the Hope worship, B&B isn't even close to what TWT was, or Y&R is in it's brain dead state today. The only good thing about the nepotism of B&B is that none of the other hacks that live on gore and shock value and yearly rape SLs like DOOL won't get the chance to pull that here.

Edited by Anna Yolei
  • Love 6

I don't understand why anyone who likes Oliver would want him anywhere near Hope. Whether you prefer Liam or Wyatt, I think most of us agree they're better when they are Hopeless.

I like Oliver, and I actually think Hope was fairly normal and likeable when she was with him. She didn't become this twitty until after she hooked up with BeadyEyes.

I am soooo over this lame crap writing and this show has more flash backs than I have hot flashes. Seeing Brooke and Hope do the "mommy" talk is like watching a couple of raisins talking to each other. Until the Hope montage is gone, Im just FF all the episodes.

Edited by godfreydaniels
  • Love 5

Ok boys and girls, today's new word is "Engineered". I was so glad that I didn't hear the dreaded "Manipulated" one time. However, I did have to rewind and re-listen to Liam several times as he actually said, "but we have grown and learned from everything that has happened to us". You have? Was that evidenced in Hope's flight from your last matrimonial attempt? I'm not talking about Paris; you know the one before that, when she saw you and Steffy talking? Just talking mind you. Then of course there was Paris, and well, we all know how that turned out don't we. So, Liam old buddy, can you explain again how you and Hope have learned anything from your past experiences?

So, Hope now hates mommy-in-law. Hmmm. Why do I not see that working out too well for Hope? That statement is going to get Quinn's cradar all a buzz, and pinging on all cylinders. You think she "Engineered" your marriage? Just wait Sunshine; she knows Wyatt wants a family stat, so I have little doubt she will be pulling out all the stops in order to Hope in the family way. No doubt she will be charting Hope's cycles to better establish an action plan, along with sabotaging any form of birth control the duo is using.

I guess in the context of the show the real question is, will she stay or will she go? For me the real question is, why would either of these two guys want Hope? She has disrespected them both in numerous ways, and has exhibited how emotionally immature she is in numerous ways. But, for Liam and Wyatt, they should both take a step back and look at her decision making process....or maybe her lack of a decision making process. Hope's need for worship is appalling, but what is more appalling is the way every fucking person feeds into it and on it. Yeah, we all know the facts around Hope's conception, but that shit is on Brooke and Deacon. Why does every other living, breathing, person have to condone for it too?

I am so done with the Hope show.

Quinn has been looking particularly beautiful in these last few episodes.

Edited by RuntheTable
  • Love 8

I like Oliver, and I actually think Hope was fairly normal and likeable when she was with him. She didn't become this twitty until after she hooked up with BeadyEyes.

I wonder. I was okay with her at first. Did she change or was it that we hadn't gotten to know her yet. I actually like Sad Waffles when he is not with her. Chickenhead is a psychological mess wether he is with her or not. So I'd rather see her with Chickenhead. Do you think that if she got back with Ollie that she'd be likeable again? I feel like she wouldn't be.

• Love 2

Yeah but he wouldn't have been married to Caroline if she hadn't completely disrespected Maya and Raya.

In my opinion, since they weren't married (or even engaged for that matter), Caroline did nothing wrong.  If Maya completely disrespected Caroline & Rick and tried to get him back before they were married, I would have no issue with that either. 

• Love 2

Haven't watched since last week's Thursday Night Football episode; don't seem to have missed much.

I wouldn't normally do this because no one likes a horn tooter, but I wanted to share this with you guys because I love you all and I know there are a couple of people here who might enjoy this - earlier this week I received a couple of bootlegged episodes of a show called Mister Roberts from 1965, guest starring a verrrry young John McCook - I uploaded a clip to YouTube and posted screencaps on my blog if anyone's interested in checking it out.

"Georgie" was worried about involuntary reactions to love scenes

Dear God in Heaven!

And seriously, Brooke, see a fucking hair dresser. That straw looks like it would not move in a stiff wind. if she bobbed it, she would look so much better.

Or at least put it up - KKL and Jennifer Gareis look fantastic with their hair done up, I don't know why they don't style it like that more often.

really did feel bad for Ivy there, and she seemed like the only one who maintained any sense

Living upside down has its advantages!

I've stopped counting how many weeks I've been watching but I did realize today that I've only seen half the people in the credits. Not sure what that says about the show.

That the show needs some redirection and focus?

This show is so "off", it's lack of direction is jarring. Aren't Brooke and Ridge co-Vice Presidents? When have we seen them working together? For that matter, when have we seen them interact at all? The two most important characters to this shows history cannot have a dialog now without being chaperoned by Katie, Bill or Deacon, or a combination of all three. You never see anyone working anymore; when people are "at the office" that is to discuss someone's love life, it is not to work on designs or upcoming lines. Maybe I am padding the past, but I can recall always seeing Eric and Ridge busily designing in their offices, or fitting models for upcoming shows. Even in Thorne's basement getaway there was always activity, and the hustle and bustle of running a fashion house. Now, Brooke is calling Hope to FC's to discuss her plans and the possibility of becoming pregnant?

Preach, preach, preach. I think this is partly the reason why I have enjoyed the Ridge/Caroline thing - it's business and it's personal. (And also inappropriate.)

Margo

Whatever happened to Margo? Lauren Koslow is on Days now, right? One of my favourite scenes is of Margo describing to Eric the man she loves (it's him) - handsome, successful, creative, well-bred, older... and he says, "I think I know who you're talking about. It's Bill Spencer, isn't it?" and Margo's just like, "OMG ERIC IT'S YOU DUH"

[stephanie's] desirability as a middle-aged and beautiful woman whose husband she thought no longer saw her that way.

Fixed - I know I'm the resident Eric Apologist here but I have to say, Eric always loved Stephanie and always desired her - it was when she was horrid to him and others that he started turning away from her and found comfort in other women. Stephanie made an assumption that Eric didn't want her because she was jealous of Margo (and Kristen), but then wouldn't even deign to acquiesce to his requests for intimacy when he told her he wanted her. And then she would lay the blame for their marriage going bad on Eric's wandering eye, when it was Stephanie keeping her distance all along that made him return to Beth in the first place. But anyway. I am obviously biased.

I hope Quinn marries either Bill or Eric.

Oh my God no. Can you imagine Eric & Quinn? There would be tears.

Seeing Brooke and Hope do the "mommy" talk is like watching a couple of raisins talking to each other.

I actually laughed aloud upon reading this - thanks for the chuckle, godfreydaniels!

Edited by St3phForrester
  • Love 5

I guess in the context of the show the real question is, will she stay or will she go? For me the real question is, why would either of these two guys want Hope? She has disrespected them both in numerous ways, and has exhibited how emotionally immature she is in numerous ways. But, for Liam and Wyatt, they should both take a step back and look at her decision making process....or maybe her lack of a decision making process. Hope's need for worship is appalling, but what is more appalling is the way every fucking person feeds into it and on it. Yeah, we all know the facts around Hope's conception, but that shit is on Brooke and Deacon. Why does every other living, breathing, person have to condone for it too?

I don't know the facts behind her conception and TBH I don't really care, that idiocy is on her parents. Who I'd rather be watching. But this is what we have right now and you are right. I give Chicken head a lot of shit but Liam deserves just as much. No one with an ounce of self esteem or intelligence would want to be with Hope. I know what they are so supposed to be selling is this amazing all-consuming destined love but it's all so rushed it just looks a bit silly right now with the whiplash marriage. Although I'm grateful for the speed in Quinn's latest murder attempt being revealed so now she can move on to something else. Wait till Charlie and Pam find out she killed Montmayor(?) for the HFTF Diamond! (Spec not spoiler) that'll be fun.  Not.

• Love 3

In my opinion, since they weren't married (or even engaged for that matter), Caroline did nothing wrong.  If Maya completely disrespected Caroline & Rick and tried to get him back before they were married, I would have no issue with that either. 

Not to mention, weren't Rick and Caroline together when Maya hit town?  Caroline and Maya both have had reason to think that Rick was really into them, because, initially, he gave both women the hard sell to land them.  

• Love 3

Quinn got at Hope today!  Someone needed to tell her that, while Quinn is ridiculous for stalking people and pushing them in rivers with no regard to their safety, no one made Hope do anything.  That her decision to marry Wyatt was either completely irrational or what she wanted to do in the first place.  Everyone was blowing smoke up her butt and telling her the utter lie that "anyone would do the same thing in [her] situation."  No one would do anything remotely close to that.  Unfortunately for Wyatt, I think that Hope is probably going to think about it and go with the "completely irrational" angle.  That, coupled with the fact that Wyatt just let his mom talk to Hope like that.  No matter how right she was, Wyatt should have shut her down.

I also loved Liam's and Bill's conversation.  I just love honest conversations where people can lay out their feelings and sort out misunderstandings and arrive at a deeper level of a relationship.  It's the opposite result of any conversation Hope has with anyone.

• Love 14

Caroline and Maya both have had reason to think that Rick was really into them, because, initially, he gave both women the hard sell to land them.

Which is one of the reasons why I think they both should be concentrating their ire or whatever on him instead of each other. Ultimately Rick is the one with the power in that triangle.

Edited by Joimiaroxeu