Type keyword(s) to search

B&B: What's Up Today at Forrester Creations? - Daily Chat

• Start Topic

Rick and nuRidge share no blood

That may be true, but Ridge has always been considered a Forrester, blood or not.  Eric thought Ridge was his son for 40+ years.  His name is almost certainly on Ridge's birth certificate, which makes Eric Ridge's legal father.  There was even a scene where Eric told Ridge that Ridge was always going to be his son.  Rick and Ridge are brothers.

• Love 4

Her name is Logan because I thought Brooke wasn't married at the time of Hope's birth, and she wasn't going to give her the last name of Sharpe.  At one point, Nick was going to adopt her.  Then Nick and Brooke broke up, she went back to Ridge, and it was never really clear.  Regardless, it was very clear that Ridge thought of her as his daughter, whether as adoptive father or stepfather.

He could have adopted her, and they just didn't change her name.  It would have been a decision that would have been made by Brooke and Ridge, and perhaps Ridge wanted her to retain the identity and name of Logan.  Maybe they didn't want everyone on the show to be named Forrester.  Just because her name isn't Forrester doesn't necessarily mean that she wasn't adopted.

I wish the show would definitively clear this up once and for all, but family relationships aren't exactly Bradley's strong suit.  When Thomas and Rick got into a hissy, the show held it out to be "battling stepbrothers", Brooke and Ridge were married at the time.  When really, Rick is Ridge's (half)brother, so it should have been "uncle vs. nephew".  During the endless Hope/Steffy wars, they never really played up the sister angle, it was just Brooke's daughter vs. Ridge's daughter.

When Aly was first SORASed, Hope introduced Aly to someone as "my cousin", which suggests that she thinks of herself as Ridge's daughter.  But then Aly said "she's not really my cousin".  So perhaps this is a clue that there was no legal adoption?  Then again, people (notably Prick Marone) still claimed that Ridge wasn't really a Forrester, so it could be one of those things.

In the end, I guess my point is that Hope has always thought of Ridge as her father, and that Ridge was more of a father to Hope than Deacon ever was.  So it disgusts me that all of a sudden now this greasy shifty con man is being treated like family by everyone concerned.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but wasn't Brooke married to Whip Jones during her pregnancy?  Or, did she divorce him before Hope was born?  I stopped watching for a while during Breacon and didn't start again until that mess ended.  

Like you, I am also disgusted that this trifling bum is being passed off as a viable option for Brooke.  But, the writers have been working overtime trying to build a triangle.  It pisses me off to the highest level of pissivity when I hear this clown claiming he "deserves" a chance to get Brooke "back."  Fool, y'all didn't have it like that!  Brooke always treated Deacon as if was her dirty little secret and he only expressed an interest in Hope when someone (Massimo, Bill, etc.) made it worth his while.  Brooke and Deacon were never a romantic couple nor were they ever a family unit with Hope.  So all this "we are fambly" shit needs to cease quick, fast and in a hurry.

In fact, IIRC, Deacon supposedly signed his parental rights over to Ridge (offscreen) during the custody battle between Stephanie and Brooke.  For some bizarre reason, Stephanie decided that she should take RJ and Hope from Brooke and Ridge was more than happy to help her.  I remember Brooke practically ripping his head off when she realized what his real intentions were.  But, the prevailing story was that she wasn't emotionally stable enough to take care of them.  In fact, Brooke didn't get them back until after she had been raped by the guy that Stephanie sicced on her with depraved indifference to her safety.  Ridge gave them back to Brooke as if he were some kind of parent who was giving his naughty parent back her dolls after she had been suitably punished.

Thanks to the miracle of SORAS'ing, Hope did, indeed, think of Ridge as her dad and he was the one who raised her.  However, he made it clear to Brooke that he saw Hope as a "stain" on the Forrester family because of the circumstances of her conception and birth.  So, while he did raise her, he made it obvious that she wasn't on equal footing with his "real" daughters.  But, Hope loved that fool unconditionally.  It pisses me off that her absentee sperm donor swoops in years later and puts on a show as if he's always been there.

• Love 4

It would be one thing if they showed us Hope and Deacon developing a relationship now that he's in town.  But to have her just jump into calling him "Dad" and acting like there is some existing relationship is just weird.  

• Love 5

Hey Katie: you're a grown fucking woman and a rich bitch at that. I can see holding on to the red string when you feared Ridge had perished in the sea, but now you just look stupid. Throw that  ridiculous string in the trash or store it in your box of jewels, but take it off of your freaking finger!

• Love 5

I feel ashamed, but I kind of love bitchy Hope.  Seriously.  That is the most fun I've had watching Hope ever.  Stay bitchy, Hope.  Please.

She finally showed some life today. I had to laugh at Hope's innocent act when Ivy called her out for implying she jumped in the river on purpose.

It's a shame that TIIC are going to make Ivy vs Hope into 1000th incarnation the worn out Forester vs Logan feud.

I miss Floating Head Darla, both the regular and medieval versions

I don't miss Chickenhead.

• Love 2

Correct me if I'm wrong, but wasn't Brooke married to Whip Jones during her pregnancy? Or, did she divorce him before Hope was born?

Yes and no. Brooke was entirely unattached when Hope was conceived; then Stephanie, seeing a chance to humiliate Brooke, revealed the pregnancy at a press conference. Whip jumped it then blackmailed Brooke into marrying him, which she does to protect Bridget. Once the jig was up, however, they went their separate ways.

The show needs that kind of friendship again to lighten it up from the heavy drama the triangles monotonously deliver week after week.

It'll be a cold day in Hell before that ever happens on this show. Even in B&B's heyday, there wasn't much in the way of real friendship, apart from the Spectra group and Sheila and Brooke bonding when the former married Eric. But much of the frienship I've seen since 1999 is what Taylor and Steph had or scratching one another's backs.

One part of me hopes that spoiler does not come to pass, but otoh

seeing Katie get dropped like a hot potato may almost make up for tanking what is uncontestedly the most enjoyable couple on the show.

Then again, Ridge dated her aunt, so......no . Let's be glad Karen has a wife so there's no chance of a Spencer trifecta.

ETA: Bitchy Hope is alway preferred to the innocent act she puts on. As others have said, though, enough of Forresters versus Logans. That made slightly more sense when it was Steffy because of their mothers' history, but what dog does Ivy have in that fight?

Edited by Anna Yolei
  • Love 1

Bottom line is Hope is not a Forrester and she was not adopted by Ridge, no matter how ambiguous it has seemed. Case in point: the whole why he couldn't walk her down the aisle incident. During at least one of "those logans" rants, don't you think an adoption would have come out?

Anyway, I'm still holding out for the return of Steffie Forrester, but until then, I can totally be Ivy's temporary bitch. Dope, you are no match for this Aussie girl. Instead of responding with her words to make her case, she makes weird sounds and funny faces and hems and haws.

Also, Brooke would be really pleased to hear her say she's nothing like her mother, right?

And I have to say that I have NEVER cared for Ally, but since she started speaking like a normal person, I'm on board. There was something weird and grating about her voice that bothered me from the beginning but seems to be gone now. Maybe it was me, but I don't think so. She also dresses really nicely for a girl her age and with some style.

Dope: go home to chicken head. You're in for a rude awakening!

• Love 3

So who is Hope going to go whining to first to try to get Ivy fired, Brooke or Rick? I didn't really care one way or another before today but now I'm definitely Team Ivy. The way she broke Hope's face was a thing of beauty and the best Hope could do was try to play the "I'm your boss" card. So what has that go to do with who Ivy chooses to date, especially if it's not even an FC employee?

I just can't with Katie. Every time Ridge has some kind of problem at his job, she shows up fight his battles for him. That conversation between her and Rick was all kinds of inappropriate. She's not even Ridge's wife so how it her place to be going to his boss behind his back? She pulled the same nonsense with Eric. It'll serve her right Ridge develops a crush on Caroline (but icky; aren't they kind of related?).

• Love 2

I just can't with Katie. Every time Ridge has some kind of problem at his job, she shows up fight his battles for him. That conversation between her and Rick was all kinds of inappropriate. She's not even Ridge's wife so how it her place to be going to his boss behind his back?

This.  I wanted to go through the TV and smack Katie & her scowls/eye rolling.  HT played Victoria Newman the same way...makes me wonder if this is just her and she's really not that great an actress.

• Love 2

It would be one thing if they showed us Hope and Deacon developing a relationship now that he's in town.  But to have her just jump into calling him "Dad" and acting like there is some existing relationship is just weird.

There is no time in a 17 minute soap to show a developing relationship. It would take away from the endless montages since the writers are too lazy to write actual dialogue. I wish I had their job...fat paycheck and no actual work:)

• Love 2

I read some spoilers that indicate,

That Caroline becomes Ridge's new muse, and that Maya "sees" something and nearly breaks her neck trying to get to Rick to tell him. The spoilers kind of say she is successful in coming between Caroline and Rick.

Come and knock on our door, we've been waiting for you, where the kisses are hers and hers and his, three's company too.

This sounds like the plot to every episode of Three's Company - someone overhears something and jumps to the wrong conclusion. Hilary ensues.

I did enjoy seeing Ridgepen mentoring/using Caroline. And thank goodness we're getting some fashion again. I hope we get a runway showing of this collaborated collection, regardless of what the repercussions may be.

• Love 4

When Ronn Moss was in the role of Ridge, he and Caroline had a very nice moment remembering the first Caroline. It was RM's best work in years. He should still relate to her as Caroline's niece, and anything else should be off limits.

I remember that scene, and he did have some good acting in it. And now that I've started following Dee Bap's channel on YT that's been posting old B&B episodes, I can see why Caroline the First was loved by everyone. She was sweet and naive but stood up for her beliefs without being...well, Hope.

And she and KKL had a realky strong resemblance to one another back then. The famous scene of Ridge and Brooke meeting at the dinner she catered which I had only seen in flashbacks happened because Ridge thought she WAS Caroline! LOL! And this meeting took place three months into the show's run...which surprised me, given how quickly stories run on the show now. If anyone is interested in seeing early B&B, I highly recommend this channel.

There is no time in a 17 minute soap to show a developing relationship. It would take away from the endless montages since the writers are too lazy to write actual dialogue. I wish I had their job...fat paycheck and no actual work:)

Just for giggles and shits, I want to look up how to pitch a story idea to a soap opera. I mean, I live two hours from LA and I separate from the Navy in 10 months. What have I got to lose? I can't be worse than this slop!

• Love 5

Echoing all this love for Ivy vs Hope, and of course I'm on Team Ivy (Aussie Aussie Aussie! Oi Oi Oi!).

And again, this Ridge/Caroline thing is just the carrot TPTB can dangle in front of me to keep me watching.

I think it's considered back luck to write actresses' pregnancies into a show now.  I don't know if it goes back to Katy Sagal losing her baby on Married with Children and them having to write that season off as a dream.

You bring up a good point there, takeittotheBanks. But didn't they write Heather Tom's pregnancy with Zane into the story as well? Or was that all a big coincidence?

Stephanie lines that SF embedded in my memory from her exit story

The whole scene with her & Eric in the doctor's office when they get the final prognosis gets me every time. She says something like "You'll just be sitting next to an unconscious body"; he replies "Then I'll finally get to do all the talking"; she laughs, but he's falling apart, and then I'm falling apart. Some people like to watch The Notebook; I watch that scene.

After a sneak peek at Deacon's diary and To-Do List, I found these rather interesting entries to explain what he does all day

MulletorHater, that is fantastic, I applaud you.

Caroline isn't ready to be head designer at Forrester, which is why she sought Ridge's help. I do think Ridge should go to a therapist, mental and/or physical, to get back in form, but the partnership with Caroline was pretty awesome. I hope she doesn't develop a stupid crush on him or something like that. He's old enough to be her father.

+1 over here. I like that this is a professional relationship primarily rather than a romantic one, and I do buy Caroline's gushing over Ridge as The Best Designer In The World, because who wouldn't act the same way if we could work with our idols? But, as much as I love an inappropriate relationship, I hope this one stays platonic, or at least in UST purgatory. In any event, I'm really looking forward to seeing where this storyline heads.

Hope had a face like a smacked ass, as they say in  the UK, but it sounds better pronounced smocked oss.

Or, given that it was Ivy laying it down, a "smecked arse".

It'll be a cold day in Hell before that ever happens on this show. Even in B&B's heyday, there wasn't much in the way of real friendship, apart from the Spectra group and Sheila and Brooke bonding when the former married Eric. But much of the frienship I've seen since 1999 is what Taylor and Steph had or scratching one another's backs.

Oh yeah, I get that the soap opera format is not BFF-friendly territory, but when everyone is sleeping around with/betraying family members, it's nice to see something different happen between two people every once and a while. Take the rapport between Aly & Ivy, for example - yes, they're technically related, but they don't know each other and they are getting to know each other mostly as friends rather than as cousins (are they second cousins? I don't know. Ivy's cousins are Thorne, Felicia, Kristen, Rick & Bridget). They're talking about boys and scheming and bitching about Hope together like normal 20-somethings - that's what I mean. And then inevitably, provided the rapport is built up well enough, either Ivy or Aly will do something to hurt the other and there's the drama component.
  • Love 4

I am going to sit right in the middle of the fence and say both ladies were out of line. Outside of the fact that Hope is now married, and has no say in what Liam does or who he sees; I found her statements about Liam not being ready baffling. Wasn't Hope and Liam's entire relationship based on rushing to the alter, and making fly by the seat of your pants decisions? Now Hope expects Liam to take it slow, right after she jetted off to marry his brother? And Ivy was out of line pulling the Forrester card. What does Hope's last name have to do with anything they were discussing? Ivy had nothing, so she resorts to bad mouthing Brooke and Hope? Here's the thing that Ivy needs to remember; she may be a "Forrester", but so is Rick. And Rick doesn't cotton to people trying to put his mom and sister in the gutter, particularly when the argument didn't warrant going there. And I think Rick had his fill of "your a Logan" from Taylor and the Taytots, who were in fact Marones. So Ivy needs to tread very carefully with her slop slinging.

I don't understand what they are going for with Ridge and Caroline. Is he going to try and pass off her designs as his? Is he going to draw using Caroline's hand and his brain? Given that no one but Sourpuss, Brooke, Deacon, Quinn and Bill know about Ridge's problem, I am not getting good vibes here.

I am just about done with Brooke right now; that she would even entertain Deacon's suggestion is sickening. I don't remember him having a first chance, so how does he come to the conclusion that he deserves a second one? What is he going to bring to any relationship? Unemployed, no home, no money, no wheels, but he loves his daughter! And Brooke isn't even asking the relevant questions; what do you do with your time? Where are you staying? How are you getting around? What will she think when she discovers Deacon has been in cahoots with Quinn? Oh, that's right, that won't come out until after she marries Deacon, because is there any doubt? It annoys me to no end how they continually fuck with Brooke, and have her make these head shaking decisions.

• Love 5
I don't understand what they are going for with Ridge and Caroline. Is he going to try and pass off her designs as his? Is he going to draw using Caroline's hand and his brain?

I don't understand how Ridge can use Caroline as a conduit to draw but can't do it himself - surely if he is making all the right hand movements to sketch by guiding Caroline's hand, then he can do the same on his own and achieve the same result. Maybe the writers have seen that phantom limb magic box trick and thought they could conjure up the same, but it's not. 

No matter - whatever it takes to get some more closeups of Thorsten Kaye's manly hands. 

• Love 1

And Ivy was out of line pulling the Forrester card. What does Hope's last name have to do with anything they were discussing? Ivy had nothing, so she resorts to bad mouthing Brooke and Hope? Here's the thing that Ivy needs to remember; she may be a "Forrester", but so is Rick. And Rick doesn't cotton to people trying to put his mom and sister in the gutter, particularly when the argument didn't warrant going there. And I think Rick had his fill of "your a Logan" from Taylor and the Taytots, who were in fact Marones. So Ivy needs to tread very carefully with her slop slinging.

In Ivy's defense with pulling the Forrester card, Hope was playing the "I'm your boss" (or in Hope's whiny, slurring voice, bAUsssss) card, so I was ok with that. What I was NOT ok with was Ivy pulling the "you're just like your mother" nonsense, so I wholeheartedly agree with you about the Logan crap. I thought that would be done with upon Steffy's exit, but I guess we can't get that lucky.

Edited by ByTor
  • Love 3

So who is Hope going to go whining to first to try to get Ivy fired, Brooke or Rick? I didn't really care one way or another before today but now I'm definitely Team Ivy. The way she broke Hope's face was a thing of beauty and the best Hope could do was try to play the "I'm your boss" card. So what has that go to do with who Ivy chooses to date, especially if it's not even an FC employee?

I just can't with Katie. Every time Ridge has some kind of problem at his job, she shows up fight his battles for him. That conversation between her and Rick was all kinds of inappropriate. She's not even Ridge's wife so how it her place to be going to his boss behind his back? She pulled the same nonsense with Eric. It'll serve her right Ridge develops a crush on Caroline (but icky; aren't they kind of related?).

THUD!  That sound y'all heard was Hope's face hitting the floor!  And, heifer, please quit acting like you're better than your mother.  Whatever Brooke's considerable faults are, at least she earned her position at Forrester Creations.  Just please go back to your Barbie Dream House and play with your new toy!  If you made of mess of things because you couldn't wait a few minutes for your boyfriend to arrive in Paris, then boo-frigging-hoo!  It's called learning how to sleep in the bed that you made!

The Ogre's keeper is the epitome of the helicopter mom.  She's nothing but Stephanie reincarnated and it's no wonder Ridge probably doesn't see her as a sexual being.  She also needs to quit frontin' as if a wedding isn't that important to her.  While I sincerely hope the writers don't "go there" with Ridge and Caroline, it's not as if they haven't done it before.  It's imperative to me that Kringe get married.  I want Katie to enjoy the full experience of being Mrs. Ridge Forrester, complete with insecurities, constantly looking over her shoulder, showing up at his job to pee on his leg on any given day, mixed signals by him to other women, and needing constant reassurance that she's The One."

• Love 6

Whatever Brooke's considerable faults are, at least she earned her position at Forrester Creations.

After reading posts about yesterday's episode, I decided to end my self-imposed LA exile. I had to see the Ivy/Hope conversation, so I took myself down to LA, to Forrester Creations, went right to the rooftop gym/restaurant and sat behind Hope and Ivy. I was wearing Quinn's big floppy hat.  It's been so long that anyone in LA has said anything confrontational to Hope's face I was surprised her nibs' head didn't explode.  I'm really loving Ivy right now.  Two things really bothered me:  Hope's "I'm your boss!"  Bitch please, Eric Forrester signs the checks, you don't.  Eric runs an international design house, you tell virgins to tighten their chastity belts, big difference!  Second thing:  "I'm not like my mother."  Sure as hell not,  you're uneducated, unskilled and totally unremarkable in every way.  I cannot wait until she starts to feel the consequences of her shitty actions. 

• Love 12

I was totally fine with Ivy pulling the Forrester card because I think her point was: You may be my boss, but you work for my family. The whole like mother/like daughter slam was unnecessary and, yes, mean, but look at how Dope responded: I'm nothing like my mother. Brooke would be so hurt to hear that. \

All in all, Wednesday was a good soap day, who knows what dreck we'll get today!

• Love 2

I didn't care for the Forrester card at all.  I know Ivy has been a Forrester all her life, but she's been in Australia and to the best of my knowledge, nobody has ever talked about her before.  As far as I'm concerned, she's an insta-Forrester, just like how Mushmouth became one.  She has never been in L.A. or worked at the company.  On the other hand, Hope has been around Forrester Creations her entire life.  She was raised by Ridge.  Ridge has treated her like his daughter.  Eric has always treated her like family.  Hope has every right to be at the company and as idiotic as she is, she didn't deserve to have it thrown in her face that she's "not a Forrester".  She knows more about the Forresters than Ivy does.

This is just more evidence that Bradley sucks at his job.  Jacqueline Wood quit?  No problem, we'll just find another dark haired actress who looks like her, make a new character, and give all of Steffy's lines and story to her.  Rinse.  Repeat.

• Love 8

Am I the only one who thinks that Brooke wouldn't be that surprised that Hope said she wasn't like her?  Given Brooke's history, she'd probably prefer that Hope not be like her in a lot of ways.  And it's not like she doesn't know that Hope has disapproved of some of the stuff she's done.  It might sting a little, but you'd think she'd expect and accept it at this point. 

Am I the only one who thinks that Brooke wouldn't be that surprised that Hope said she wasn't like her?  Given Brooke's history, she'd probably prefer that Hope not be like her in a lot of ways.  And it's not like she doesn't know that Hope has disapproved of some of the stuff she's done.  It might sting a little, but you'd think she'd expect and accept it at this point. 

• Love 4

I've watched this show from the beginning and there's a very good argument that Brooke earned her position at FC via the BeLieF formula.  Eric, obviously, started the company with Stephanie, and, by talent and with determination, created one of the premiere fashion houses in the world.  The difference is their progeny have not all earned their positions.  

The show has told us Ridge and Thorne shadowed their dad at FC since they were children and worked at FC as soon as they were able.  And when the show began, Kristen was a fledgling designer sharing an office with another designer.  Felicia's the only one who seemed to slide into an unearned role.

Rick has earned his position at FC as well, after working at Forrester International, etc.  Hope, on the other hand, we've seen graduate from high school.  Period.   Almost immediately thereafter, though, she was given a line at FC by her aunt for the sole purpose of spiting Steffy.  Hope has earned nothing.  She is uneducated, untalented and, in my estimation, uninspiring.  The idea that she's anyone's "baauuss" is a joke.

• Love 9

Brooke may have been educated but I haven't seen any evidence of it for a very, very long time. When I say Hope is exactly like Brooke I mean like Brooke is now. They even do the same cocker spaniel head tilt to the side as if trying in vain to understand these complicated words that are being said. Oh and the brother boinking thing.

• Love 4

So when Liam first showed up, and Ivy had this whole "You needed a break, so I brought Australia to you" thing going on, I thought "yeesh!  Slow down, girl!"  But, of course, by the end of the episode, Liam's kissing her telling her their night isn't over yet.  He really is a "love the one you're with" kind of guy.  And she really looked like Steffy today.  (Which I suspect is making it easier for Liam to rebound right to her. It's familiar.) 

• Love 6

I've watched this show from the beginning and there's a very good argument that Brooke earned her position at FC via the BeLieF formula.  Eric, obviously, started the company with Stephanie, and, by talent and with determination, created one of the premiere fashion houses in the world.  The difference is their progeny have not all earned their positions.  

The show has told us Ridge and Thorne shadowed their dad at FC since they were children and worked at FC as soon as they were able.  And when the show began, Kristen was a fledgling designer sharing an office with another designer.  Felicia's the only one who seemed to slide into an unearned role.

Rick has earned his position at FC as well, after working at Forrester International, etc.  Hope, on the other hand, we've seen graduate from high school.  Period.   Almost immediately thereafter, though, she was given a line at FC by her aunt for the sole purpose of spiting Steffy.  Hope has earned nothing.  She is uneducated, untalented and, in my estimation, uninspiring.  The idea that she's anyone's "baauuss" is a joke.

Oh, and don't forget!  Hope is also an icon--right up there with the Eiffel Tower [insert rolling eyes].

Brooke would definitely not be surprised.  She alluded to as much when she, Ridge, Katie and Bill had that couples dinner a few years ago.  Katie complimented Brooke on what a great job she did in raising Hope and sang Hope's praises and how she was a role model for young women with her "message."  Brooke responded in a self-deprecating manner that she didn't think that Hope wanted to do anything like her mother.  

I'll be the first one to holler that I am NOT my late mother, but it's because I'm trying to assert myself as my own woman to people who look at me and see her.  They want me to take up her causes and to step in her shoes to carry on the work that was dear to her.  It would be something else if I made that assertion because I was arrogant enough to believe that I am better than she was.  Even if I honestly felt that way, I sure as hell wouldn't convey that message to others, especially to someone who gratuitously bashed her at every opportunity.  As imperfect as my mom was, if you formed  your lips to bash her, you had better be ready to fight because I'm not having it!

That's the problem I have with Hope's attitude.  With few exceptions, everyone has told this child how beautiful, brilliant, wonderful, good, decent, and fucking awesome she is.  There aren't enough superlatives in the dictionary to describe her!  Every guy over 12 wants to be with her. And, if he doesn't, then there HAS to be something wrong with him!  Every female either admires or envies her.  When she's unhappy, the sun goes into hiding and rain clouds form.  When she's happy, all is right with the world.  She has actually come to believe that shit.

• Love 5

So when Liam first showed up, and Ivy had this whole "You needed a break, so I brought Australia to you" thing going on, I thought "yeesh!  Slow down, girl!"  But, of course, by the end of the episode, Liam's kissing her telling her their night isn't over yet.  He really is a "love the one you're with" kind of guy.  And she really looked like Steffy today.  (Which I suspect is making it easier for Liam to rebound right to her. It's familiar.) 

Jacqueline Wood quit?  No problem, we'll just find another dark haired actress who looks like her, make a new character, and give all of Steffy's lines and story to her.  Rinse.  Repeat.

Which is why I cannot get into the character at all.  Might as well name her Plot Device instead of Ivy.  It's certainly not the actress' fault, but she would have to be Hellen Mirren to rise above this junk in my eyes.

• Love 2

Ivy's Forrester snobbery makes little sense. Eric (and John, who is Ivy's grandfather, presumably) grew up with two tailors whose clientele was working class. The Forresters had jack shit.

The Douglases, OTOH were loaded so when Stephanie got pregnant with Ridge, her father gave Eric and loan and made Stephanie the trustee.

I don't know how much, if anything, is known about John or what he does for a living or how well off that branch of the Forresters are, but I'll go on a limb to say Ivy can kindly STFU about the Forrester name.

And to answer a question about her relation to Aly, if she were John's granddaughter, they would be second cousins; if his daughter, a cousin once removed.

• Love 4

This is just more evidence that Bradley sucks at his job.  Jacqueline Wood quit?  No problem, we'll just find another dark haired actress who looks like her, make a new character, and give all of Steffy's lines and story to her.  Rinse.  Repeat.

And she really looked like Steffy today.  (Which I suspect is making it easier for Liam to rebound right to her. It's familiar.) 

This is why I don't understand creating a new character when they just could have recast Steffy.  JMW did eerily look like she could have been the daughter of RM Ridge & Taylor, but the Ivy actress could certainly pass for Taylor's daughter.

Edited by ByTor
  • Love 2

Hope had no business trying to tell Ivy how to interact with Liam in the first place given the recent actions that now make her a married woman. And she should not have brought up the whole "I'm your boss" and "show some respect" bullshit into an entirely personal discussion that she initiated with someone who is in the same age group.

So given that, I think it was extremely appropriate and reasonable of Ivy to remind Hope that they're both working for Ivy's family's business and therefore she can't really fire her from the company. It also doesn't matter that we've just met Ivy, never heard anyone in LA speak about her or that her father and uncle Eric grew up as the sons of tailors. This is her family and she worked in the family business in Australia.

I understand that Hope is all shaken up by the turn of events, but it's her own damn fault, so seriously? Bye Felicia. The dopy cow asked for it (the forrester card). 

And, I doubt Eric or Rick would even go for any whines about "she's trying to date my ex-fiance" crap to kick her out of the family business. Dope needs to go lie in the bed she made with Wynutt and STFU.

• Love 9

Did Hope seriously say, "What kind of woman pursues a man after he's just been through a break-up like the one we had?" What kind of a stupid bitch MARRIES someone after that kind of break-up? what a hypocritical dozy  cow. She questions Ivy's character? Look in the mirror, Dope.

• Love 18

Ooh ooh ooh you guys, Ivy's throwing an Australia party!!! But I got some bones to pick. First of all, Canberra is pronounced "Canbra", not "Can-berra". And Ayers Rock hasn't been called Ayers Rock for at least 20 years (t's Uluru - Ivy should know this!). And where the hell is Ivy getting yabbies from in Los Angeles? Hardly any restaurants in Australia serve them and they're not often in the shops; you usually just go out and fish them yourself (called yabbying). Maybe she just bought crayfish and hoped no one would notice.

But the Vegemite tasting was fun. I thought it had been banned in the US but apparently that was just a rumour.

Best accents go to Jacob Young & Linsey Godfrey - Zach Conroy's sounded more South African.

Enjoyed $Bill & Liam. Loved Quinn & Bill.

(and John, who is Ivy's grandfather, presumably)

John is Ivy's father. Or did you mean because Fred Willard looks so old?

I don't know how much, if anything, is known about John or what he does for a living or how well off that branch of the Forresters are

According to FW's casting press release, John is a travelling salesman. But if Ivy lives in Sydney then they have to be fairly well off. Maybe Eric sends them money?

Bye Felicia.

I wish Lesli Kay was in the cast, just so someone could say this to her in the show.

And, I doubt Eric or Rick would even go for any whines about "she's trying to date my ex-fiance" crap to kick her out of the family business.

Hope's tried this before with Eric (twice) trying to get the QAJ contract terminated and, from memory, was shot down both times with a lecture from Eric about "we're people of our word/we honour the contracts we sign". Hell, he even tried to get two exes to work together when he dropped Brooke & Ridge into the co-VP roles (not that we've seen any of that actually happen, so whatever). And if Hope doesn't want Ivy working for HFTF, I'm sure they'll have her working on the couture line to keep her around.
  • Love 2

WHAT???!!! WHY did Quinn confess her mideeds in Paris to Bill? For somebody as cunning as Quinn, that seemed really stupid and completely out of character.

Exactly. What is going to stop Bill from revealing the truth to Hope, Liam and Wyatt?  Also, why would Quinn think that Bill would find her actions alluring? SMH.

Poor sad (and rude) Waffles staring longingly at his phone during Ivy's party. Was he expecting to hear from Hope? Good luck with that one, Ivy.

Dope really is one. I couldn't believe her audacity of whining about her "concern" for Liam's love life to Wyatt. WTH is he supposed to think? I mean stupid him in the first place for insisting that Dope marry him STAT after the misunderstanding in Paris. What newlywed husband is going to put up with that shit for any length of time? Dope is just a pathetic narcissistic idiot. Why is she always prancing around in white? Is she pretending to be a virgin, or is it to reinforce her "goody-goody" blonde heroine persona? She's a stark contrast to Ivy's dark good looks and colorful wardrobe.

It's pretty clear that the Foolers are going to be the losers in this race. Bill has a great opportunity with Brooke to spill the beans about Quinn's Seine-side shenanigans. When Hope finds out, she can use it was an excuse to dump Wyatt, but I hope Ivy puts up a good fight for Waffles. Bill will be exalted in Brooke's eyes, which will knock out Quinn, thus setting up a full-fledged Deacon/Brooke/Bill triangle.  I, for one, can't wait. /eyeroll.

• Love 4

I know that Wyatt doesn't seem to be the most popular character around here but I felt sorry for him today - listening to his clueless bride go on about her ex.  And I had to laugh at BSC Quinn, so very proud of pushing Ivy in the Seine and Hope into Wyatt.  Which scenario is going to be the deal breaker for Hope - finding out about the psycho m-i-l machinations or the fact that Ivy seems to be holding Liam's attention?  

Ridge not being able to draw was eye-rolling at first but it's starting to get interesting. At least it's different than the endless WTD and paternity switch storylines on most soaps. 

• Love 5

Maybe Hope is really Ridge's daughter, seriously, how many people think it is ok to wax on about your ex this way? Ridge has always done this in regards to Brooke, and continues the trend with Katie, and now we have Hope, going on about Liam's well being. Even that part is spot on; Ridge has always cloaked his jealousy in concern for Brooke, or concern for RJ, and now we find Hope doing the same thing. The girl is flat out jealous that Liam is maybe making eyes at someone else. Does she really believe that Liam will never date again? Or maybe she doesn't get the boundaries of marriage, and that she is now committed to someone, and she no longer has the latitude she once had as a single girl. Like I always said; Hope is in love with the idea of marriage, but not the hard work and dedication it takes to make it work.

Outside of her Logan slamming, I like Ivy; she is like a breath of fresh air on the set, but I am not really feeling it between her and Liam. It feels forced and contrived since Ivy is really the only available female in Liam's age range. I have to admit, my heart skipped a beat when Quinn walked into Bill's office all decked out in her black leathers; she looked like a lady ready to saddle up! And Liam just walked out. So disappointing. And Bill with his "what do you want Morticia?" I can't imagine what Quinn was thinking with her fess up to Bill, and I wonder what bomb she is gonna drop to keep Bill from telling. In all honesty, I hope he doesn't say a word, because that is going to start the "WE WERE ROBBED!", "WE WERE MANIPULATED!" mantra. And God help me if that nitwit wants to get a divorce to try for the 541st time with Liam; I think I will fly out to LA myself and interfere, and will fix it so these two can never be manipulated again!

Enjoyed the barbeque, and thanks St3phForrester for answering some questions I was going to pose to you about the authenticity of the food. I did feel bad for Ivy, but the girl has to realize that she is on an uphill battle. And the kiss at the end seemed more out of desperation to forget Hope than any desire for Ivy. But this is Liam, and he has the ability to bounce from girl to girl without too much effort, so I guess they will be announcing wedding plans by Thanksgiving.

Edited by RuntheTable
  • Love 5

And God help me if that nitwit wants to get a divorce to try for the 541st time with Liam; I think I will fly out to LA myself and interfere, and will fix it so these two can never be manipulated again!

Can I come too???

• Love 3

I do wonder if Bill will spill the beans.  I think he kind of likes things the way they are now (despite his months ago promise to Liam to help him out with the Hope/Wyatt situation).   He's never really wanted Liam with Hope. But, with Steffy gone and Liam REALLY fed up with him, he agreed to play nice.  I think he wants Wyatt and Liam to get along, so throwing the Liam/Hope/Wyatt triangle into round 57 wouldn't help.  I wouldn't put it past him to say "hey, things are in a good place now, why rock the boat?" while telling himself that this isn't him meddling or keeping Liam and Hope apart.  This was all Quinn's doing. 

As for why Quinn told him.  I think that the first answer is a simple "bitch crazy."  But, I think that in that crazy, she thinks that she and Bill are a lot alike, and Bill's certainly pulled his own shit, so he'd understand that she would do something underhanded for her son.  She likely even thinks that he'd find what she did intriguing.  And since her dream is that she, Wyatt, and Bill are going to be a family, she sees telling him as the two of them being in on it together for their son. 

• Love 3

Hell, (Eric) even tried to get two exes to work together when he dropped Brooke & Ridge into the co-VP roles (not that we've seen any of that actually happen, so whatever).

I have been waiting to see some scenes of them working (or butting heads or falling back in love) together. Seems like something we would have been seeing, too. I wonder why they haven't actually shown any of this or even any repercussions or even had it mentioned in any conversations. It's like Brooke forgot where the FC building is. Too busy thinking about Deacon I guess. "WTF... maybe?" LOL.

• Love 3

Maybe Hope is really Ridge's daughter, seriously, how many people think it is ok to wax on about your ex this way? Ridge has always done this in regards to Brooke, and continues the trend with Katie, and now we have Hope, going on about Liam's well being. Even that part is spot on; Ridge has always cloaked his jealousy in concern for Brooke, or concern for RJ, and now we find Hope doing the same thing. The girl is flat out jealous that Liam is maybe making eyes at someone else. Does she really believe that Liam will never date again? Or maybe she doesn't get the boundaries of marriage, and that she is now committed to someone, and she no longer has the latitude she once had as a single girl. Like I always said; Hope is in love with the idea of marriage, but not the hard work and dedication it takes to make it work.

Outside of her Logan slamming, I like Ivy; she is like a breath of fresh air on the set, but I am not really feeling it between her and Liam. It feels forced and contrived since Ivy is really the only available female in Liam's age range. I have to admit, my heart skipped a beat when Quinn walked into Bill's office all decked out in her black leathers; she looked like a lady ready to saddle up! And Liam just walked out. So disappointing. And Bill with his "what do you want Morticia?" I can't imagine what Quinn was thinking with her fess up to Bill, and I wonder what bomb she is gonna drop to keep Bill from telling. In all honesty, I hope he doesn't say a word, because that is going to start the "WE WERE ROBBED!", "WE WERE MANIPULATED!" mantra. And God help me if that nitwit wants to get a divorce to try for the 541st time with Liam; I think I will fly out to LA myself and interfere, and will fix it so these two can never be manipulated again!

I know I'm aging myself, but when I was a little girl, there was this PSA featuring a Native American man who walked the highways picking up litter.  At the end of the PSA, he had a single tear rolling down his face.  That's about where I am now.  That, and pulling my hair out.  I just can't with this shit anymore.  Hope married the guy she married and I really wish Lotty, Dottie and Everybody would move the fuck on already!  But, we already know how this is going to play out, don't we?  It's a little late in the day for Hope to start having buyer's remorse and I have to ask yet again of Wyatt: Dude--where is your pride?!  Get out of this mess NOW because she ain't worth it, bruh!

As for Hope really being Ridge's daughter, some of us were speculating back in the day if he "slipped Brooke a little somethin' somethin'" while she was asleep on the Forrester jet and they were on their way back to the States.  However, those of us who were Bridge shippers at the time found that thought too horrifying to contemplate and hoped the writers didn't go there.  The writers ultimately went out of their way to indicate that Deacon was Hope's sperm donor, and no one else.  Hope is, indeed, acting like Ridge--throwing away a prized toy and then squalling like a stuck pig when another child picks it up.  Meanwhile, she gets to still hold onto the shiny, new toy that she picked up.  Except, now it's not looking too shiny anymore. 

I do wonder if Bill will spill the beans.  I think he kind of likes things the way they are now (despite his months ago promise to Liam to help him out with the Hope/Wyatt situation).   He's never really wanted Liam with Hope. But, with Steffy gone and Liam REALLY fed up with him, he agreed to play nice.  I think he wants Wyatt and Liam to get along, so throwing the Liam/Hope/Wyatt triangle into round 57 wouldn't help.  I wouldn't put it past him to say "hey, things are in a good place now, why rock the boat?" while telling himself that this isn't him meddling or keeping Liam and Hope apart.  This was all Quinn's doing. 

As for why Quinn told him.  I think that the first answer is a simple "bitch crazy."  But, I think that in that crazy, she thinks that she and Bill are a lot alike, and Bill's certainly pulled his own shit, so he'd understand that she would do something underhanded for her son.  She likely even thinks that he'd find what she did intriguing.  And since her dream is that she, Wyatt, and Bill are going to be a family, she sees telling him as the two of them being in on it together for their son. 

As for why Quinn played her hand, I agree that she sees herself and Bill as kindred dark spirits.  She--like her cohort in obsession, Deacon--sees herself uniting with her baby-daddy to make a family unit with Bill.  It's too bad that Bill and Brooke weren't more discriminate about who and what they laid up with back in the day.  Now, they've got baby-mama and baby-daddy drama decades later.  I understand Quinn is batshit crazy, deranged and delusional, but when did Deacon become those things?  And, why are the writers acting as if he wasn't married to, obsessed with or involved with other women?  Having him acting like Brooke is his "true love" insults the audience's intelligence.  

• Love 4

I understand Quinn is batshit crazy, deranged and delusional, but when did Deacon become those things?  And, why are the writers acting as if he wasn't married to, obsessed with or involved with other women?  Having him acting like Brooke is his "true love" insults the audience's intelligence.  

I think this is just part of Deacon's con game. 

• Love 1

Dope really is one. I couldn't believe her audacity of whining about her "concern" for Liam's love life to Wyatt. WTH is he supposed to think? I mean stupid him in the first place for insisting that Dope marry him STAT after the misunderstanding in Paris. What newlywed husband is going to put up with that shit for any length of time? 

It's pretty clear that the Foolers are going to be the losers in this race. Bill has a great opportunity with Brooke to spill the beans about Quinn's Seine-side shenanigans. When Hope finds out, she can use it was an excuse to dump Wyatt, but I hope Ivy puts up a good fight for Waffles. Bill will be exalted in Brooke's eyes, which will knock out Quinn, thus setting up a full-fledged Deacon/Brooke/Bill triangle.  I, for one, can't wait. /eyeroll.

I know that Wyatt doesn't seem to be the most popular character around here but I felt sorry for him today - listening to his clueless bride go on about her ex.  

I actually like Wyatt, but the only thing I dislike about the character is his pathetic attachment to Hope.  If he still wanted her after the way she completely disrespected him during/after the pregnancy scare, nothing is going to push him away now.  I'm waiting for Hope to erect a lifesize poster of Waffles in their bedroom and for Wyatt to just go along with it.

I wish Hope, Liam, and Wyatt would all come to the realization they deserve (and can do) better.

• Love 2