Type keyword(s) to search

B&B: What's Up Today at Forrester Creations? - Daily Chat

• Start Topic

Is there no story that the only Forrester-Spectra progeny Aly can be given besides Lope cheerleader?

Aly just had some screen time with the whole "Myrna recorded Ollie's crude remarks" thing, I don't mind she's a little back burner while Hope and Liam eat the show.  First rule of show biz:  Always leave them wanting more.  Hope and Liam are on constantly so I consistently FF.  Aly isn't on constantly, I always watch.

Great idea about the Spectra Legacy!  Hope it happens, I hope they saved the "Sally Says Recycle" poster!

• Love 2

If nothing else, Quinn is certainly resourseful; she and Ridge bear much in common in that area: No car or helicopter? Just hitch up with a boat that walks. No wheels to follow Liam and Ivy? Just swipe someone's scooter. Not getting through to Logan? Just sucker punch Bill in the mouth. Need a delaying tactic? Just nudge Ivy off that bridge. At the end of the day, it's the end results that matter to these Commando types, not how you achieve those ends.

I officially do not like the attempt at curly hair they have Brooke in.  But the dress is YOWSA!

I mentioned something about Brooke's new do a few posts back; I agree, something about it is not flattering. And yes the dress is rockin.

Ally's obsession with Hope and Liam is borderline psychotic.

That is an understatement. Ally lost me once she started smelling the evil on folks.

I might have to readjust my feelings about Ivy. She gets pushed off a bridge, and she is all like "hey, it's all good, I can swim! Run along to Hope now". Then, after Liam saves her, again she is telliing him to go. No hysterics. No shrieking about someone pushing her. Girl has spunk; I like that. That is exactly the kind of girl Liam needs.

I wasn't watching during the whole Triangle of Doom 2, so what I know, I know from these boards and youtube. My issue with Hope is that she is not treated like a person; she is treated like a prize. This L/H/W triangle seems more about the brothers, and their competition to win, than about anyone wanting a relationship with Hope. And the Hope character seems to enjoy that, as she stands around like a cutout doll watching Liam and Wyatt argue over her. And her little "happy smile" she gives when one of them are waxing poetic to her, then she gently tips her face up, granting them permission to kiss her now. These three do not come off as grown ups. We watched B/R/T battle for three decades, but you bought into it because, as ridiculous as it all was, it still made sense. Ridge's relationship with both women seemed real; at the same time, all three were strong stand alone characters. Liam and Wyatt could stand on their own; they both have jobs/talents, and to some extent, friends/confidants outside of their relationship with Hope. Outside of Ally and her message, Hope really doesn't have that much going on.

What really sticks in my craw though, is that I watched Brooke work for years to change and improve Forrester Creation's; a young woman, who out of righteous indignation, took FC's away from Eric and Stephanie. And instead of thumbing her nose at them, or trying to destroy FC's out of spite, she took the opportunity and ran with it, and became the face of Forrester through hard work and innovative thinking. Brooke's mark will always indelibly be felt at Forrester. Now Hope and her line are the face of Forrester, when in reality, they could insert any pretty twentysomething in the role, have her parrot "the message" and you would acheive the same results. Hope is the Paris Hilton of B&B; a celebrity for the sake of being a celebrity, while contributing nothing concrete to anything.

Edited by RuntheTable
  • Love 7

Is there no story that the only Forrester-Spectra progeny Aly can be given besides Lope cheerleader?

I mentioned on the old board how Sally could die off screen and leave Aly the portion of inheritance Darla would have recieved....enough to create her own fashion company (or other related business of choice). Thorne could run over there the next time Eric chose Ridge over him, CJ could come back and there'd be another outlet for new characters.

But then, every coming of age story since Bridget burned Deacon's possessions in a bonfire the night Hope was born has, to put it far kindly than this show deserves, fallen flat. I mentioned getting almost nostalgic for Rick and Phoebe in a post earlier this week because typical insectuous BS aside, they were doing one thing right by fighting for their relationship and turning to each other. I believed they wanted to be together moreso than I ever bought with either of Liam's relationships.

I really love this scenario for Aly!  I honestly believed that a storyline featuring the second generation of the Forrester/Spectra feud practically wrote itself, with a Bridget and CJ romance being the catalyst.  But, alas, it was more important for Bradley to have high school student, Bridget, marry conman Deacon before she even attended her senior prom.  Then, it became even more important to pay Brooke back for Breacon with the abomination called Ridget.  Heaven forbid if Bridget should actually be in a relationship with an age-appropriate guy.  Since Bradley is so fond of writing triangles, he could have even thrown CJ's half-brother, Mark, into the mix.  The Spectras and Forresters would have weighed in , with the Forresters always accusing CJ of following in his parents' footsteps by stealing their designs for Spectra.

I also would have loved it if Aly was resentful about her father being constantly ignored when it came to dividing the spoils of Forrester Creations.  While I get that Ridge made considerable contributions to FC as a designer, thanks to retconning Ridge's paternity, Thorne is Eric's firstborn.  

Anything would be more interesting than having her be a cheerleader for Loopy.  I won't even touch on how the world has to fall of its axis because Hope has gone "missing."  

• Love 2

Quinn:  Insane

Ivy:  In Seine

So Hope will marry someone else just because her boyfriend's late?  That's pretty harsh!  Say this all gets cleared up and H&L get married, if they have a date night and Liam's late, will Hope seduce the maitre'd?

Nice that the Princess always has a backup guy.

As I noted before, this whole storyline does not work in the age of instant communication! Why have neither Hope nor Liam used their cellphones? The writers are treating us like idiots.

• Love 3

I'm a huge fan of KM, but she can't honestly believe that crap.

She didn't look that upset with Wyatt in Monte Carlo. Compared to all the other times she and Liam had these "missed timelines" she actually looked like she was

having fun on the boat ride to the yacht. Not miserable, I think that KM is playing this one differently. 

• Love 1

Liam, you dodged a bullet, honey. Let the fickle airhead have her stalker and his crazy-ass mother.

He really did. Good for me because I actually like Liam, when he's away from Hope. She can have the chicken-headed mouth-breather that she can't seem to keep her panties on for, good luck with the new MIL, Hope! LOL

• Love 6

Welp it's official, I'm now team Livey (does that name work for everyone?).

They even have this great story to tell the grand kids about how they got together when he saved her life in Paris! Romantic! Lol

Seriously lol I'm excited about this. We'll probably get a big confrontation (you didn't show up! You left! You said you'd be there! I saved a life and Wyatt took you! Etc) and several months of Wype, a blossoming Livey, and a lurking Quinn. Wash rinse repeat. Good times.

And we have further proof of just how Hope is overly portrayed as a princess the last two shows. We had Deacon, Brooke, and Aly going on ad nauseuam about how great Hope is. If that isn't character propping I don't know what is. I need the show to SHOW me not tell me. It's too much to ask, I know, but I refuse to give these writers credit for something they refuse to show me.

LittleIggy, I actually sighed a breath of relief when Liam and Ivy swam to shore. I mean I'm happy no one died but I was really relieved that now Liam will get some peace from the insanity that is Lope and Quinn's meddling.

• Love 2

And, how in the hell would Mugshot know how great Hope is?  He's been MIA for years and swoops in with a box of donuts in the hopes of co-parenting an adult Hope years after the fact with the ultimate goal of hooking up with Brooke because he "deserves" the chance to do so.  And, somewhere, Dollar Bill is leaning back in his chair with his feet on his desk.  He's demonically smirking with a glass of double malt scotch in one hand and a financial report in the other as he reflects, "See Liam--I told you so!  I told you that child is just that--a child!"

Dare I hope that Bradley doesn't recycle scripts and have Ivy fixate on Lame and one day hop her pregnant (and irresponsible) self on a motorcycle only to lose her baby?

• Love 2

Word. I can't believe that Bell recycles SLs down to the point where we have another Liam saving a drowning damsel's life, just to have her fall in love with him. Maybe Hope should try that. Oh, wait, didn't she once? Off to watch today's show!

Edited by grisgris
  • Love 3

And we have further proof of just how Hope is overly portrayed as a princess the last two shows. We had Deacon, Brooke, and Aly going on ad nauseuam about how great Hope is. If that isn't character propping I don't know what is. I need the show to SHOW me not tell me. It's too much to ask, I know, but I refuse to give these writers credit for something they refuse to show me.LittleIggy, I actually sighed a breath of relief when Liam and Ivy swam to shore. I mean I'm happy no one died but I was really relieved that now Liam will get some peace from the insanity that is Lope and Quinn's meddling.

Yep, I'm Team Livey, too!

Agreed that Hope gets character propping big time. Everyone talks about her as if she is a combination of Audrey Hepburn/Mother Teresa/Helen Keller, yet all we see is a spoiled Princess who loves having two brothers worshipping her and will switch to the other when the current chosen disappoints her (read "does something about which she jumps to the wrong conclusion"). Excuse us if we can't worship her, too.

• Love 5

Correct me if Im wrong, but didn't Liam rescue Steffy after she lay beneath the bath water unconscious as he knocked anxiously on her door and used Bills key to get in?? Sooooo maybe Liam should just stick to being with the ladies he rescues out of the water!

Grisgris, just read your post as I was posting! lol

• Love 3

He's been MIA for years and swoops in with a box of donuts in the hopes of co-parenting an adult Hope years after the fact with the ultimate goal of hooking up with Brooke because he "deserves" the chance to do so. 

Now, now. Those weren't any old garden variety glazed Dunkin' Donuts. They were maple bars -- Brooke's favorite.

Edited by grisgris
  • Love 6

They even have this great story to tell the grand kids about how they got together when he saved her life in Paris! Romantic! Lol

Seriously lol I'm excited about this. We'll probably get a big confrontation (you didn't show up! You left! You said you'd be there! I saved a life and Wyatt took you! Etc) and several months of Wype, a blossoming Livey, and a lurking Quinn. Wash rinse repeat. Good times.

And we have further proof of just how Hope is overly portrayed as a princess the last two shows. We had Deacon, Brooke, and Aly going on ad nauseuam about how great Hope is. If that isn't character propping I don't know what is. I need the show to SHOW me not tell me. It's too much to ask, I know, but I refuse to give these writers credit for something they refuse to show me.

LittleIggy, I actually sighed a breath of relief when Liam and Ivy swam to shore. I mean I'm happy no one died but I was really relieved that now Liam will get some peace from the insanity that is Lope and Quinn's meddling.

RE: the character propping of Hopeless...I have always felt, no matter which soap I was watching, that the MORE everyone seemed compelled to assert over and over ad nauseum how absolutely WONDERFUL character XYZ was, it MUST mean that XYZ was a total dud, idiot,and hardly worth the tape it took to film her/him but somehow XYZ had a MAJOR 'IN' with TPTB....and once again, it has been proven true. If TPTB weren't so obsessed with the glorification of Logan cooter, this could return to being a really good show - but I'm afraid it really is nothing more tha a rich boy's playground....so sad...SMH as I could really use an entertaining escape from reality for a bit of my day....how I miss Another World!!!!!

• Love 3

And, somewhere, Dollar Bill is leaning back in his chair with his feet on his desk.  He's demonically smirking with a glass of double malt scotch in one hand and a financial report in the other as he reflects, "See Liam--I told you so!  I told you that child is just that--a child!"

YES!!!  Even though I am now and have always been a Still fan, and in spite of all $Bill's faults, he has as much right as any of the other idiots on this show to be right about something - especially since he was stuck with HRH Katie for a spouse - I couldn't stand HT on Y&R and I can't stand her on B&B - her brother, for whom TPTB just can't seem to write a decent character is, IMO, a much better talent, no matter what show he ends up on.

• Love 1

Quinn:  Insane

Ivy:  In Seine

Nice !

I have always felt, no matter which soap I was watching, that the MORE everyone seemed compelled to assert over and over ad nauseum how absolutely WONDERFUL character XYZ was, it MUST mean that XYZ was a total dud

It also causes me to dislike character XYZ. The current Caroline was a perfect example, once they stopped the propping (and threw her off a balcony) the character improved 100%.

Chickenhead is the worst.

• Love 4

Dare I hope that Bradley doesn't recycle scripts and have Ivy fixate on Lame and one day hop her pregnant (and irresponsible) self on a motorcycle only to lose her baby?

I'm fairly certain that with her Australian background a dingo will in fact steal their baby, causing a mourning Liam to return to Hope.

• Love 10

So, we're safe to assume that Hope just let herself be mutely and passively led off to the Spencer jet to be whisked off to Monte Carlo? How did that all fall into place -- with the yacht and all? What bugged me was that Hope never bothered to speak up about anything and followed along after Wyatt like a sheep.  Talk about being the antithesis of the HFTF message.

Liam was acting like a spoiled baby again today by refusing to leave a message on Hope's v/m. Yes, an in-person explanation would have been preferred, but Liam didn't know where Hope was and she wouldn't answer her phone. Duh?

Liam is starting to get a little too much suck-up action himself. Now we have the anonymous passenger on the plane, Ivy and Brooke all sighing about what a gentleman Liam is, he is chivalrous, etc., Gag...

• Love 4

First rule of show biz:  Always leave them wanting more.  Hope and Liam are on constantly so I consistently FF.  Aly isn't on constantly, I always watch. 

Ah, but one can wish for both quantity AND quality ;)

The best example was Taylor and Ridge's marriage from about 1998 till her last not!death in '02. Brooke actively fucked with them immediately after leaving Thorne but they had plenty of SL that didn't involve her. Like the conflict when Kirsten's boyfriend Tony discovered with Taylor he was HIV positive and Ridge was pissed that she didn't tell him, in the rare instance of Taylor being professional. Or Morgan's batshitness or Taylor contracting TB during her pregnancy with the twins. I watched mostly for Rick and Amber back then, but it never felt like the other stories took away from that.

What really sticks in my craw though, is that I watched Brooke work for years to change and improve Forrester Creation's; a young woman, who out of righteous indignation, took FC's away from Eric and Stephanie. And instead of thumbing her nose at them, or trying to destroy FC's out of spite, she took the opportunity and ran with it, and became the face of Forrester through hard work and innovative thinking. Brooke's mark will always indelibly be felt at Forrester. 

Brooke Logan really should've been edged into this show's Jill Foster. The Red Suit Brooke was already on the way out when I first tuned into the show, so watching those episodes of her gaining ownership is like a whole 'nother character...one I don't actually hate.

The last year withput Susan Flannery and Ronn Moss shows why tptb should've done a better job of developing its younger set far sooner than it did, rather that write out all the Spectras, pander to Crap Wagner's ego (I'd forgotten about that nickname until someone used it upthread recently!) and continue to beat the dead Bridge/Tridge triangle horse that Brooke crashed the last Tridge wedding with.

• Love 2

I was relieved when Rick FINALLY brought up the possiblility that Hope was with Wyatt.  i was afraid the Scooby Doo gang would never put that particulat two and two together. I am so over it with these near misses and misunderstandings...but Ooooh, a giant yacht!  Beautiful Monte Carlo, The Riviera...cute Boat crew...Oh the locations the location the LOCATIONS.  Keep up the LOCATIONS!  Have they been to the Alps yet?  Thailand?

So is Hope in such a snit that she turned her phone off?  And didn't let anyone even in her FAMILY know where she was going and with whom? So they can just speculate on what might've happened to her after her arduous 10 minute wait near the Eiffel Tower?  Even Wyatt was taking calls from his Mom, but oh no...Hope is just too disappointed and devastated to pick up what had to be multiple phone calls from Forrester Int'l or her mother.  I wish she would get violently kidnapped (thats horrible, I know). 

When Quinn was gloating at her cafe table, I was waiting for her to say "Oh, Liam, you're such a DUMMY"

• Love 3

I stopped watching last week.  Hope is a moron, Wyatt is a manipulative stalker, Liam is a manipulative whiner, and Quinn is too deranged and disturbing to be even remotely entertaining for me.  I've come to dislike RS's character so much that all I see are her very large teeth, which I know is unkind.  All that and the incessant Hope propping are just too much.  I mean, the Hope is the Best Thing Ever! sentiment has almost reached Babe Carey and Abby Devereaux level of WTFuckery. 

If Hope does indeed marry that loser Wyatt and his lunatic mother, I hope they will all go to the backburner for awhile so I can watch again.  For all the faults of this show, I really like some of the characters and have missed seeing them everyday.

• Love 5

Speaking of characters being propped, so is Liam.  Having multiple characters singing his praises and clamoring for Lope who don't really know him from a hole in the wall is a bit much for me.

I also don't care if Liam and Ivy get together.  Just spare us the Liam is the best guy ever or Hope/Ivy get catty b.s.  Also spare me the Lope is a great love story crap when they eventually get back together.  (There's a 0% chance they spare us.)

• Love 1

So agree with you guys: Wyatt is both a predator and a stalker and Hope is just a freaking dimwit. Why is her phone turned off? After all she and Liam have gone through with people manipulating situations, why wouldn't she try to call him to find out what was going on? And they have totally ruined the Quinn character by making her deranged. I don't mind a good bitchy character, but Sheila Carter-level crazy I am absolutely not interested in.

I am an intelligent person.  Why am I killing braincells on this drivel????

• Love 4

I have always felt, no matter which soap I was watching, that the MORE everyone seemed compelled to assert over and over ad nauseum how absolutely WONDERFUL character XYZ was, it MUST mean that XYZ was a total dud, idiot,and hardly worth the tape it took to film her/him but somehow XYZ had a MAJOR 'IN' with TPTB....and once again, it has been proven true. 

I can't stand the propping of certain "protected" characters.  This is yet another reason I found Ridge so difficult to watch in recent years.  At least in the beginning, his family understood why Bill Spencer, Sr. was so adamantly opposed to Ridge as a son-in-law.  They knew Ridge was a hit-it-and-quit-it playboy and openly expressed their own concerns.  Nor, did they have problems calling him out for his behavior.  Then as time went on, he became the most beautiful, most glorious male specimen who ever graced the small screen.  Every woman who crossed his path fell in love with him and just had to have his baby in order to feel complete.  I was too through when he visited Taylor in jail only to have a female guard questioning Taylor's sanity:  "Girllllll!  I can't believe you let go of a man like that!"  Never mind that Ridge's days as a pretty boy were long behind him (rugs dyed with black shoe polish aside) by then and he was a total douchebag several times over.  Ridge is such a protected character even now that no one will remember how chopper-gate started because he couldn't mind his business.

Katie also had a great deal of propping when she first came on board.  Everyone and their mama praised her for her virtues.  She was propped as being better than her "trampy" sisters and the only good Logan of the bunch.  The propping got so ridiculous that even SOD complained about it.

When I'm constantly being told how wonderful without actually seeing it, it totally turns me against the character that the writers want me to love.

• Love 8

So, we're safe to assume that Hope just let herself be mutely and passively led off to the Spencer jet to be whisked off to Monte Carlo? How did that all fall into place -- with the yacht and all? What bugged me was that Hope never bothered to speak up about anything and followed along after Wyatt like a sheep.  Talk about being the antithesis of the HFTF message.

This story has more holes than Swiss cheese.  How is it that Wynutt gained access to the Spencer jet and yacht without no one on Bill's payroll notifying him or at the very least confirming that it was okay for Wynutt and Hope to use the jet and yacht.  Bill is a well-known control freak and I would imagine that those in his employ would have contacted him the moment his ostrich-haired son and his silly damsel showed up.  When Brooke and Donna were in Monte Carlo, Bill made it clear to Brooke and the yacht's crew that his yacht was at her disposal.  Yet, these kids can just show up and playact like the leads in a James Bond adventure.

I also find it hilarious that Hope finds Bill so distasteful but evidently she has no problem traveling on his plane, luxuriating on his yacht, or availing herself of his sons.  But, hey...she's the epitome of grace, dignity, female empowerment and an icon to boot!

• Love 6

This story has more holes than Swiss cheese.  How is it that Wynutt gained access to the Spencer jet and yacht without no one on Bill's payroll notifying him or at the very least confirming that it was okay for Wynutt and Hope to use the jet and yacht.

That's in the promo for this week, someone does call Bill and lets him know.

• Love 2

That's in the promo for this week, someone does call Bill and lets him know.

And Bill said that Wyatt had already cleared it with him. I bet that, like us, he's happy to see Wyatt, Hope and Crazy Quinn all one big dysfunctional family, because even though he's been keeping out of it, he doesn't want Liam with that silly cow.

Why is Ivy always wearing an ugly jacket? 

• Love 4

Brides and grooms really are interchangeable on this show (Brooke/Taylor, Hope/Steffy, Wyatt/Liam).

I'm sure there will be some glitch in here somewhere so they aren't really married, but I can't get excited about any of the triangle of doom and their love lives anymore.

This latest wedding disaster is just proof to me that Hope just wants to be married and it doesn't matter who the groom is.

• Love 4

And Bill said that Wyatt had already cleared it with him. I bet that, like us, he's happy to see Wyatt, Hope and Crazy Quinn all one big dysfunctional family, because even though he's been keeping out of it, he doesn't want Liam with that silly cow.

Why is Ivy always wearing an ugly jacket? 

Thanks for clarifying all that, Artsda and Politichick!

Okay, I'm calling it now.  Somehow Bill will be blamed for all this because, you know, everything from El Nino to America's drug problem is his fault.  Of course, when the dust clears, no one will remember that all this came about as a result of a spoiled princess' disappointment, a chickenhead's stalkerish behavior, and his crazy mama's obsession with reuniting the chickenhead with the princess.

Nope!  Everyone will be gathered at Brooke's house as they rant and rail against Bill for "controlling" this situation because he made his toys available to the kiddies; Brooke's single tear will fall as she agonizes yet again that she doesn't really "know" Bill; and Deascum puckers up and moves in for the kill with his bags packed.

Edited by MulletorHater
  • Love 1

I wish a shark had eaten Chicken head and Princess Dope. Liam ought to realize that, for Dope, he and Wyatt are interchangeable, and that he should move on. Dope knew what Quinn has done in the past, and not once did she ask Wyatt if his mother was still in the hospital or call Liam to find out if something strange had happened to delay him. As someone already posted, the Princess just wanted to get married regardless of which brother was the groom.

• Love 6

We're constantly told through the dialogue of various characters how wonderful, special and smart Hope is.  Oh--and she's an "icon" like the Eiffel Tower!  Yet, that's not what is playing out on my screen right now.  She's allowing herself to be led to the Spencer jet and Bill's yacht because she's disappointed that Lame didn't show up.  Given that Loopy's weddings have been sabotaged repeatedly, why wouldn't it occur to her that maybe--just maybe--something happened to Lame?  Why wouldn't it occur to her to call him to see why he's running late?  I won't even touch Lame and his own failure to call Hope until now.  How is it that their parents have mastered the life skill of using a cell phone and FaceTime.  Yet, this is supposedly the way most people of Loopy's generation communicate and these two morons can't seem to figure it out.

Hopefully, Lame will have enough sense to move on with nary a backwards glance at the child who was so immature and self-absorbed that she couldn't bother to find out what happened to him or wait a little longer for him to arrive.  Oh, well!  Que sera sera!

So, now the cover-up and the secrets will begin culminating in Hope eventually discovering that she was "duped" by the Foolers.  Of course, it will never occur to any of her admirers to chew her simple ass out for being dumb enough to marry a guy simply because he was "there" when she was all set to marry someone else.  Despite Wynutt's full-court press, she could have simply responded with a two-letter word that means the same in English, French and Spanish:  N-O!

• Love 5

I think Hope really wanted to marry Wyatt. I think she regretted choosing Liam and that she only did so to spite Quinn. She seems so much more into Wyatt in a way she hasn't been into Liam since the deflowering disaster. Well not really a disaster but she was sort of, meh, about sex with Liam. Wyatt seems to rev that motor. I don't doubt that she loves Liam but I think it is a childish, unrealistic love. I don't think she loves Wyatt so much as has the hots for him, No, I can't imagine why anyone should be hot for him but it's what I see. YMMV

• Love 7

We're constantly told through the dialogue of various characters how wonderful, special and smart Hope is.  Oh--and she's an "icon" like the Eiffel Tower!  Yet, that's not what is playing out on my screen right now.  She's allowing herself to be led to the Spencer jet and Bill's yacht because she's disappointed that Lame didn't show up.  Given that Loopy's weddings have been sabotaged repeatedly, why wouldn't it occur to her that maybe--just maybe--something happened to Lame?  Why wouldn't it occur to her to call him to see why he's running late?  I won't even touch Lame and his own failure to call Hope until now.  How is it that their parents have mastered the life skill of using a cell phone and FaceTime.  Yet, this is supposedly the way most people of Loopy's generation communicate and these two morons can't seem to figure it out.

Hopefully, Lame will have enough sense to move on with nary a backwards glance at the child who was so immature and self-absorbed that she couldn't bother to find out what happened to him or wait a little longer for him to arrive.  Oh, well!  Que sera sera!

So, now the cover-up and the secrets will begin culminating in Hope eventually discovering that she was "duped" by the Foolers.  Of course, it will never occur to any of her admirers to chew her simple ass out for being dumb enough to marry a guy simply because he was "there" when she was all set to marry someone else.  Despite Wynutt's full-court press, she could have simply responded with a two-letter word that means the same in English, French and Spanish:  N-O!

Words cannot express how much I love the term "the Foolers"!!!!!!

• Love 4

Congratulations Hope and Wyatt ! 

Now please proceed to the back burner where I won't be subjected to your irritating and boring ass selves.

By turning around and marrying the next available suitor Dope has now repeated every offense Liam has committed against her.

I wish a shark had eaten Chicken head and Princess Dope.

I wanted them to get run over by a jet ski.

• Love 5

Wow! Two unappealing choices in Liam and Wyatt,  I wish the actor playing Liam would shave off his repulsive beard.  Wyatt's hair looked better after he jumped into the ocean.  What's with all the hideous wedding dresses that this show uses?

• Love 2

The leap of faith made the wedding, I loved the ending. 

Yes! I was ready to give the wedding a big F for fail. The pros were the gorgeous location and the yacht with the crew, but the cons were ugly dress, ugly brooch, ugly groom, ugly hair on the bride (what's up with Hopes stiff Barbie-like extensions?) and the whole scenario is just dumb as fuck but then... the leap of faith warmed my cold, jaded heart.

• Love 2
What's with all the hideous wedding dresses that this show uses?

I was wondering today how big the budget must be just for Hope's Wedding Dresses of Fail. How many has it been now? But she learned it from the best, serial bride Brooke.

Why wouldn't it occur to her to call him to see why he's running late?\

It sort of made sense to me. She thinks Liam blew her off and her pride couldn't let her call him to confirm his rejection. However, I don't know why she wouldn't call Brooke or Rick to have them find out from Liam that he really didn't mean to show up. The way things are now, she's just operating on yet another wrong assumption, as she and Liam always do with each other. It's gotten beyond old, AFAIC. These writers are really lazy.

• Love 1

Brooke's single tear will fall as she agonizes yet again that she doesn't really "know" Bill...

This after Bill made Hope's life hell for most of the past three years. Granted, if Brooke had gumption as a mother Hope would not exist at all, but the blind eye she give him is no more endearing than the one she gives Ridge.

• Love 1

So, after this "wedding" is declared invalid.  Or when Hope decides she wants stable "marriage and kids" Liam back, can we have another failed attempt in Switzerland?  Or Rio?  Maybe that sack of moldy rocks Maya and Carter can try again in some exotic locale too.  The stories are so annoyingly boring and predictable, now its all about where will the next marriage FAIL take place?  Can we have Ivy and Liam get revenge engaged in Australia?  They haven't been there yet, have they?

And can Quinn dress up like Natasha from Rocky and Bullwinkle some more?  Could Kermit and the gang run through and sing some catchy songs, or offer relationship advice? If we have to deal with this juvenile claptrap, at least make the setting interesting.

• Love 5

So, Hope and Wyatt are married. Whew! Glad that is over. Frankly, I think Hope got the guy she really wanted, and I think Wyatt giving her the diamond was the catalyst. Everyone knew what Wyatt was up to, including Hope, but she told Liam repeatedly that it wasn't going to mess with her, that for her, it was all about business. Liam just couldn't get past it though, and started telling Hope to fire Wyatt and give the diamond back. Hope stood firm, and I am glad she did. I think she finally saw that Liam is a controller and a manipulator. Then there was that interaction at Liam's house, probably the first real conversation these two have ever had, where Hope called him out on his misplaced anger, telling him he was actually disappointed in her. Hope was telling Liam that Wyatt's actions and motives don't matter, because she was committed to him, and wanted to marry him. That should have been enough for Liam, but he still wasn't able to trust in Hope. No trust equals no relationship. This is why I think Hope didn't wait that additional minute, and why she didn't try to contact Liam, and why she didn't look all that upset afterward.

Hopefully, now we can move on to other things; I wouldn't mind seeing Liam and Ivy getting better acquainted. I was all set to dislike Ivy, but the character is growing on me.

I want to smack Deacon in the worst way, particularly after just seeing Brooke and Bill together. I like Deacon, and I would like to see him stay on the canvas, but not with Brooke.

I too enjoyed the leap of faith.

• Love 1
The pros were the gorgeous location

That view alone was worth watching.  I just muted the TV.

And can Quinn dress up like Natasha from Rocky and Bullwinkle some more?

Only if she adopts the pseudo-Russian accent!

Whew! Glad that is over.

This is the B&B, this is not over!

Edited by sugarbaker design
  • Love 3

This is the B&B, this is not over!

No! Please don't even say it! Maybe if we all just avoid the obvious.........

Because I am about worn out trying to keep up with who Hope is with, or not with, or why she is with either of them, or who she is supposed to be marrying. I am really hoping that Prince Omar comes zipping by on a little out boarder and whisks Hope and Wyatt away to parts unknown for about the next century.

Something has occurred to me; I find it odd that no one has mentioned Bill's actions in Abu Dhabi. I can't believe Ridge didn't seize the opportunity before the press conference to ram home how bad Bill is, and how wrong he is for Brooke. He may have even remembered that his original concern was for RJ, but it seems that since Bill gave RJ the Little Spencer Sword Necklace, and RJ liked it, that Ridge has no use for him; undoubtedly seeing his son as a turncoat now. Seriously, after all Ridge's hijinks to get a confession out of Bill, all we get is Ridge and Katie telling Hope? So, they screwed up Bill and Brooke, one of the best things this show had going for it, and it was only to make Ridge look good in front of The Beribboned One, Brooke and Hope.

I can't express my indignation strongly enough.

• Love 4

the wedding was super cute I thought, the leap of faith sealed it for me!   and I don't think there will be any "it not being legit" because doesn't the captain doing it on the ship make it legal anywhere?

I hope they stay happy for a while and we get some new exciting story, maybe Aly and Ivy can fight over Liam now...... LOL

So, after this "wedding" is declared invalid.  Or when Hope decides she wants stable "marriage and kids" Liam back, can we have another failed attempt in Switzerland?  Or Rio?  Maybe that sack of moldy rocks Maya and Carter can try again in some exotic locale too.  The stories are so annoyingly boring and predictable, now its all about where will the next marriage FAIL take place?  Can we have Ivy and Liam get revenge engaged in Australia?  They haven't been there yet, have they?

And can Quinn dress up like Natasha from Rocky and Bullwinkle some more?  Could Kermit and the gang run through and sing some catchy songs, or offer relationship advice? If we have to deal with this juvenile claptrap, at least make the setting interesting.

Quelle horreur!  Somewhere in the recesses of my mind, I vaguely recall when B&B used its remotes for fabulous fashion shows and not failed wedding attempts that frustrate fans and end up typically being much ado about nothing.  Heck, they even had a fabulous fashion show aboard the Queen Mary with none other than the late great Charlton Heston hosting.  Because, you know, the show was all about fashion and the wedding gowns were the showstoppers.  

Now, they've basically turned it into the Travel Channel complete with exotic music and narration about the locale's finer points.  Please--Bradley!  Basta!  Can we at least place a moratorium on remote locations for weddings?  Which makes me ask, why couldn't Loopy simply get married on one of the three fabulous estates they have access to--Brooke's mansion, Katie's mansion or the Forrester manse?  Or, maybe do as we suggested weeks before and go to the Los Angeles County Courthouse and have a great party later.  At least, there won't be any questions about whether the marriage is legal in this country of elsewhere.  

Just done!

• Love 2

So everyone and their cocker spaniel knew that Liam was going to Paris to be with Hope.  Even if Liam doesn't say anything when the newlyweds get back, what's to stop Aly with her psychotic obsession with  Hope's lovelife or anyone else from spilling the beans? 

No! Please don't even say it! Maybe if we all just avoid the obvious.........

Because I am about worn out trying to keep up with who Hope is with, or not with, or why she is with either of them, or who she is supposed to be marrying. I am really hoping that Prince Omar comes zipping by on a little out boarder and whisks Hope and Wyatt away to parts unknown for about the next century.

Something has occurred to me; I find it odd that no one has mentioned Bill's actions in Abu Dhabi. I can't believe Ridge didn't seize the opportunity before the press conference to ram home how bad Bill is, and how wrong he is for Brooke. He may have even remembered that his original concern was for RJ, but it seems that since Bill gave RJ the Little Spencer Sword Necklace, and RJ liked it, that Ridge has no use for him; undoubtedly seeing his son as a turncoat now. Seriously, after all Ridge's hijinks to get a confession out of Bill, all we get is Ridge and Katie telling Hope? So, they screwed up Bill and Brooke, one of the best things this show had going for it, and it was only to make Ridge look good in front of The Beribboned One, Brooke and Hope.

I can't express my indignation strongly enough.

Come on now!  RJ has been nothing more than a plot device to keep Brooke bound to Ridge ever since the foolishness with his paternity testing.  He's Ridge's trophy son and is only trotted out when the "Father of the Year" wants to control, dominate and keep his ex from moving on to a healthier relationship.  Ridge couldn't even bothered to explain to his son that he was "with Katie now" before he left to start shacking up with her.  But, I guess RJ is somewhere in one of his interminable summer camps and we might not see hair nor hide of him until he bounds down the stairs one day as a 17-year-old with attitude and lip to spare.  None of it directed Ridge's way, of course.

I suspect Ridge will remember RJ's importance again if Brooke dares to defy him and not only forgive Bill, but take up with him again.  Ye olde Ogre simply can't have that!  Neither can Katie since it means that Brooke won't be fighting her for that booby prize and risks depriving Katie of the pleasure of feeling superior.  I'm still reeling over the arrogance of these two, particularly Ridge in suggesting that he and Katie find another man for Brooke to be involved with.  The fuck?!

• Love 3