Type keyword(s) to search

S10.E23: Secrets Revealed

• Start Topic

I had a client who wanted a specific faucet for her bathroom - the faucet for the sink alone was $3500.   Some people have stupid amounts of money.

... and spend it on stupid shit!  Forget about charity, because I've no hope they would donate that kind of cash, but Heather could produce a TV show and cast herself as the star, for all the loot they're putting into doorknobs.  

Edited by OhGromit
  • Love 8

Yeah, you don't build a billion dollar home/hotel and put $8 Home Depot handles on the doors.

Shannon always makes me laugh. "Sure, I have 60 doors but why would you want one more than that?" Dude. When you already have 60 doors in your house, what's ten more?

Edited by FakeJoshDuggar
  • Love 13

I gotta say, I wasn't big on Shannon during her first season but she grew on me this year. I just love her wackiness. It's like she almost doesn't really even fit in with the rest of the women. She's totally ridiculous but in a good and funny way. I loved the clip of her at CUT trying to do the workout. Love her ridiculous comments, like about the food she orders at restaurants, her colonic issues, and the sarcastic comments about Heather's house (I have 60 doors but 70? That's obnoxious!) Haha I think she adds the comic relief to this show.

• Love 24

Today. 3:29 pm

I had a client who wanted a specific faucet for her bathroom - the faucet for the sink alone was $3500.   Some people have stupid amounts of money.

A friend of mine, who also happens to be married to a surgeon...hmmmm..., bought a bathroom faucet which cost about that much, and I had never really given any thought to faucets before until I saw that one.  It was spectacular.  Every time I was at her house I made it a point to go marvel at it, slowly wash my hands under it, dream of seeing one like it in my home.  When she decided to move, I was greatly alarmed and said, "BUT WHAT ABOUT THE FAUCET?????".  She said he replaced it with a regular one for the listing and would be taking it with her to the new home.  I breathed a sigh of relief so big that it was ridiculous.  All this to say, I can now understand why some people who have the money to do so are willing to spend a lot on fixtures.  I dislike the door handles that Heather chose, but I'm still envious because I only have builder's grade doorknobs, and when I came to understand all the lovely doorknob options out there, I started hating mine pretty hard and fast.  With Heather and Terry's money, I would really enjoy custom design-building a home, but it would be the polar opposite of whatever theirs ends up being.  I could never really feel at home in a building that large.

Now that I've seen Megan cry for real, it sure gives away how fake her crying was over Leanne at the reunion.  I don't doubt that she cared for Leanne, and was sad that she died, but I do think she used it as her story and played it up big for the show, and in a way, I find that to be almost on the same level of gross as Brooks lying about having cancer.  Which, by the way, now that the hospital has disclosed that he was never a patient there, I now 100% believe he was lying, but until then I was still willing to give him the benefit of the doubt and just let karma sort him out.  Even now that I know for sure, I still think the women were out of line, especially Megan, with their demands and accusations.  For me, it became less about whether or not he was lying and more about how hideous it is to question someone who claims to be gravely ill, and demand proof.  As far as I'm concerned, that's never okay, and if he HAD been seriously sick, then how absolutely horrible would it have been to know they had put him through so much stress and misery just to serve their own gossipy purposes?  It doesn't have to be Brooks, it could have been anyone in his place, and I would feel the same.  Have your suspicions, discuss them quietly in private with other doubters if you must, but putting someone on public display and putting such demands on them about their very private health issues is not their job, and it's disgusting. 

I will always have boatloads of empathy for Brianna in the Brooks situation, because my dad remarried a woman who played an enormous role in ruining my mother's life, and as a by-product my childhood life as well.  When you hate a step-parent to your very core, it's honestly like a form of torture.  Your choices are to sever all ties with your parent so you don't have to deal with their spouse, or you have no choice but to be around them even if it's only for holidays, which means all of your holidays are guaranteed to suck.  I guess in a way Brianna found a loophole, in that Vicki was willing to send Brooks off somewhere in order to see Brianna and her grandsons, but most people won't do that, and it just turns into a giant pile of shit.

I adore the way Michael handles Vicki.  It's exactly the way Mr. Irritable handles his narcissist mother, and it's truly amazing to watch for someone like me.  We've actually had the exact same scenario, sitting with her in a restaurant while she repeats several times that he needs to spend more time with her before she dies, and wants to know if he will move into her house afterward, expressing shock and anger when he says of course we are not going to move into her house which is an hour across town without traffic from his job.  This is not totally relevant here, and I apologize, but it's such a fascinating nugget that I just have to share:  My MiL talks about her impending death a lot (she's healthy as a horse and will surely outlive us all because she is too mean to die), and one day announced that she went ahead and purchased the cemetery plot beside hers for my husband.  There are no other plots available in that section, which I guess means I am to be tossed in a ditch somewhere and covered in lime, because why in the world would he want to be buried next to his wife, the person he has been in love with since 1986, when he can be next to his mother for all eternity?  That she didn't even call first and ask him if this was something he wanted before she purchased it really stuck in my craw...still does, actually, and that was probably 15 years ago.  I could kind of see Vicki making sure there was a family section for her, Michael, Brianna and their children, and oops, sorry!  No room for spouses, please go find your own space!

I wonder if watching Tamra ask if the penis flavors come in Oreo, and swiftly purchasing a sex swing, made her daughter suddenly regret her decision to distance herself from her mother?  Such a sweet moment, not at all embarrassing for a teenager to witness, as well as her friends to witness and discuss. No matter what Tamra says, her actions on the show have always proved to me that she does not care one iota about how her behavior affects her children.  Whether it's all the over the top sexual innuendos or blatantly blurred out nipples while she sits in a bubble bath waiting to bang Eddie, or the way she stirs up shit and is just mean as all hell to the other women she claims are her friends, none of what she shows on TV is behavior that her children can look up to. Even her baptism was turned into a vain display that completely missed the point, and the fact that she uses religion to just consider herself cleansed and Heaven-bound no matter what she does in life is pretty much the opposite of what most people would want their children to glean from religion. 

• Love 24

I gotta say, I wasn't big on Shannon during her first season but she grew on me this year. I just love her wackiness. It's like she almost doesn't really even fit in with the rest of the women. She's totally ridiculous but in a good and funny way. I loved the clip of her at CUT trying to do the workout. Love her ridiculous comments, like about the food she orders at restaurants, her colonic issues, and the sarcastic comments about Heather's house (I have 60 doors but 70? That's obnoxious!) Haha I think she adds the comic relief to this show.

I love her wackiness too - great comic relief!
  • Love 9

If the rumor was true that vicki had to feature brooks to keep her orange then shame on andy cohen, etc. At the same time..shame on vicki and brooks for the cancer story they opted to use.

The appeal of vicki wad never her married. ..it was hoe out of touch she was with reality..and how karma kept calling her out when she got too big for her britches (i.e family van, hit in head with football, tripping off the stage, off a surfboard, off her skiers, and also not being able to drive a golf cart, etc).

Also how deluded she was with hoe popular and liked she was..case in point her high school reunion, and her insurance convention trips...kinda funny..but also kinda sad.

Edited by JAYJAY1979
  • Love 7

[reunion footage] (paraphrasing)

Andy: Heather, do you think some of the viewers may be jealous of how you spend money?

Heather: Maybe some of them. And I understand that. But here's the thing--I would never call up, say, Tamra, and tell her how much I spent on something. The fact is, when you're building a house, you have to talk about some of the costs of things.

[Heather and Meghan at the sex shop. Cashier is ringing up their purchases}

Heather (lighting up like a Christmas tree): Wait, what's our TOTAL?!?

Cashier: Three thousand dollars

[Heather is practically orgasmic]

-----------------------------------------------------------

So Heather knows enough not to be gauche and gross enough to tell Tamra what she spends on various crap. But she does not extend the same courtesy to the viewers. This is not the same as how the earlier seasons of the show used to flash the prices of housewives' endeavors across the bottom of the screen. That was done subtly, and by a third party. What I don't need is Madame Puppet thinking I, as a viewer, is jealous of her, or that I could CARE that she needs to spend $3,000 to get Quagmire off. She's so self-important. And hypocritical (re Alexis). Sometimes I think she's worse than Tamra, cause at least Tamra is the devil you know...

• Love 8

Which, by the way, now that the hospital has disclosed that he was never a patient there, I now 100% believe he was lying, but until then I was still willing to give him the benefit of the doubt and just let karma sort him out.  Even now that I know for sure, I still think the women were out of line, especially Megan, with their demands and accusations.  For me, it became less about whether or not he was lying and more about how hideous it is to question someone who claims to be gravely ill, and demand proof.  As far as I'm concerned, that's never okay, and if he HAD been seriously sick, then how absolutely horrible would it have been to know they had put him through so much stress and misery just to serve their own gossipy purposes?  It doesn't have to be Brooks, it could have been anyone in his place, and I would feel the same.  Have your suspicions, discuss them quietly in private with other doubters if you must, but putting someone on public display and putting such demands on them about their very private health issues is not their job, and it's disgusting. 

I don't mind Mehgan because it's obvious that that's what Brooks had been counting on from everyone he encountered. That every hinky thing would just be dismissed, because, WHO LIES ABOUT CANCER.

Maybe she could have been less intense about it, but without her raising such a stink, Brooks might have been able to play this shit off without getting caught for more and more months.  

• Love 11

Well, yes, there was a secret revealed.  An important one.  We learned from Heather that Gwyneth steams her vagina.  OK then.  Count me as Gwyneth hater.

Not really a secret revealed.  I heard about that more than a year ago.

• Love 1

Andy: Heather, do you think some of the viewers may be jealous of how you spend money?

Heather: Maybe some of them. And I understand that. But here's the thing--I would never call up, say, Tamra, and tell her how much I spent on something. The fact is, when you're building a house, you have to talk about some of the costs of things.

So Heather knows enough not to be gauche and gross enough to tell Tamra what she spends on various crap. But she does not extend the same courtesy to the viewers. This is not the same as how the earlier seasons of the show used to flash the prices of housewives' endeavors across the bottom of the screen. That was done subtly, and by a third party. What I don't need is Madame Puppet thinking I, as a viewer, is jealous of her, or that I could CARE that she needs to spend $3,000 to get Quagmire off. She's so self-important. And hypocritical (re Alexis). Sometimes I think she's worse than Tamra, cause at least Tamra is the devil you know...

I'm fairly sure that Bravo paid for it. I also thought the guy said it was $800 total for the sex toys. I'm pretty sure Heather would spend $800 on dinner and not bat an eye.

• Love 6

Hey everybody, I learned tonight why so many Bravo "housewives" have trouble understanding each other - turns out people who get botox aren't only impaired in their own facial expressions, but also in reading others' faces because our facial muscles involuntarily mimic the expressions on other peoples' faces and help us understand them. I've been watching this series On Demand and really recommend it: http://www.pbs.org/the-brain-with-david-eagleman/home/

Stop freezing your faces, Bravo crazies!!! (I'm talkin' to you Heather and Meghan!)

Edited by nexxie
  • Love 3

If the rumor was true that vicki had to feature brooks to keep her orange then shame on andy cohen, etc. At the same time..shame on vicki and brooks for the cancer story they opted to use.

The appeal of vicki wad never her married. ..it was hoe out of touch she was with reality..and how karma kept calling her out when she got too big for her britches (i.e family van, hit in head with football, tripping off the stage, off a surfboard, off her skiers, and also not being able to drive a golf cart, etc).

Also how deluded she was with hoe popular and liked she was..case in point her high school reunion, and her insurance convention trips...kinda funny..but also kinda sad.

Andy confirmed that he told Vicki that she needed to film with Brooks as he, Brooks, LIVED with her, he did NOT tell them that they needed to talk about his "cancer" though, that they did all on their own. In fact, Brooks/Vicki gave interviews about his "cancer" well before filming began, Vicki even came up with the Terry/IV lie 3 months BEFORE filming began.

Heather/Meghan were getting things/props for Tamra's "sex party" and the total was only $855, NOT $3,000. If she can afford it, who cares how much she spends on her house, fixtures or props for a friends party. Big spending, OTT houses, OTT jewelry, OTT fashion/cars/trips/parties....ect. is the foundation of this franchise and I for 1 would prefer they get bck to it sooner than later as the ugly dark drama makes the show less and less appealing to me. JMO

• Love 13

And we are back to defending Brooks:  http://www.people.com/article/vicki-gunvalson-insists-nothing-do-with-brooks-ayers-cancer-lie

This is where these two losers shoot themselves in the foot every time.  Just shut up Vicki, how many times have we seen you fake heave?  Maybe Brooks learned it from the master?  It sounds to me as  if she is creating yet another set of lies to claim she was somehow the victim.  Maybe he was losing weight because he was on a diet.

That doesn't sound like she's defending Brooks to me.   I honestly think he duped her  on this - at least initially -  and as her doubts grew she didn't want to be the  person that would question someone's cancer diagnosis.   I mean she believed everything that creep told her for a long time and by the time she knew he was faking she was in deep with the show, with the other women, even with Briana.  All that plus her mother's sudden death and I think she just didn't want to deal. 

Was Brooks' remark an example of Brianna's claim that Brooks talks about her mother's vagina to people? OK,

Remember that dinner party at Lizzie's where everyone went around the table saying the body part they liked the best on their spouses/partners and Terry said, 'Her face" about Heather and Brooks said, "Her vagina.   I  just frickin' love it down there." about Vicki.   At a dinner party.   It was really awkward, even for this group.  I think that's what Briana was talking about and probably what Vick's mother was talking about too. 

Help me, I'm about to defend Brooks.  Billy was the first to bring up bearded clams.  When Brooks said he had never had clams, Billy said he was sure Brooks had had bearded clams.  Of course all of the guys got the joke and Vicki did her usual "huh? what?" face.  Brooks ended up explaining to her what it meant.  No matter what, that is one classy family.  Between Vicki's retching, discussing her perfect vagina, going all Jesusy on a whim, and Billy's drunken rambling, they are the folks you hope lose your phone number.

Which is why I always thought they made good TV - although this season, not so much.  

Edited by Cosmocrush
  • Love 5

I'm fairly sure that Bravo paid for it. I also thought the guy said it was $800 total for the sex toys. I'm pretty sure Heather would spend $800 on dinner and not bat an eye.

Heather/Meghan were getting things/props for Tamra's "sex party" and the total was only $855, NOT $3,000. If she can afford it, who cares how much she spends on her house, fixtures or props for a friends party. Big spending, OTT houses, OTT jewelry, OTT fashion/cars/trips/parties....ect. is the foundation of this franchise and I for 1 would prefer they get bck to it sooner than later as the ugly dark drama makes the show less and less appealing to me. JMO

Fair enough. Sorry I got the amount wrong. I can only stand to watch these suckers once, and then I've gotta delete them, for my mental health!

I definitely agree to disagree, and I'm only going to post the one respectful reply that I think the mods said we were allowed. I'm definitely not looking to get suspended for arguing, so that is not my intent!!

My point really boils down to the fact that Heather told Andy she is not one to speak about spending; in fact, she eschews it. That is what she told Andy in the lost footage of the reunion. I think she contradicts herself when she is later shown asking the sex shop cashier for her total in a frenetic, salacious, excited manner, knowing it was being filmed. I feel this is true, regardless of what the money was being spent on, and regardless of whether Bravo comped it. In fact, if Bravo comped it, I feel it's even worse, because then she's not even showing off an authentic part of her life; instead, she's pretending to spend for the sake of a story (when she claims same is distasteful and not her style).

Having said that, I understand that it was a light moment, and the whole scene was intended to be light, so maybe I'm reading too much into it.

On a related note, I just think Heather is an obnoxious snob, so I am usually viewing her through this lens. It was at the end of last season when the housewives were doing their mea culpas, and Heather made a dismissive comment about people who are going to give her a hard time for buying her dogs and not getting them from a rescue (what ever happened to those dogs?). Then she also said she was sorry, but not sorry, that she had a chef when "you" (meaning us, directly addressing the viewer) have to stay home and cook. Ugh. I think she was presumptuous and pretentious then, and I think it now.

• Love 10

Heather can sometimes be obnoxious about that stuff, however that's sort of, as another poster mentioned, what this show was always based on, so I don't personally have a problem with it. I'd personally rather watch Heather spend ungodly amounts of money on this ridiculous house than hear anymore about Crooks and the Great Cancer Caper.

• Love 17

I do like Shannon's sense of humor but then the Debbie Downer comes out and it's here we go again.  Yeah, her husband had an affair.  But enough.

I agree.  I can see why Shannon seemed to go on and on about the affair - it was consuming her life. Ditto for all the custom house building stuff by Heather.  The sudden death of Vicki's mother was her life this season and of course Crooks fake cancer which everyone else used to distract themselves from their own boring stuff.  Luckily for me all of Tamra's being save by Jesus was pretty much limited to a couple episodes.  But I find all those things either boring or depressing.

Anyway, my point is an extra-marital affair, cancer, death of a parent, and obnoxious displays of wealth made this a crappy season for entertainment but they are also what Shannon, Vickie, and Heather were living this season.  Megan didn't really have much besides trying to "parent" a teen who wasn't interested in playing along, so she [Megan]  co-opted the cancer story and the death of a parent story.    Tamra's usual shit-stirring/back stabbing took a twist with her saved by Jesus stuff.   All in all I found very little entertainment value this season, which of course is why I watch these ho-wives.  But then again, I bitch about fake storylines so I guess I can't bitch too much when we get their real lives - or at least close facsimiles. 

Maybe Andy needs to find some OC women with more interesting/entertaining lives?   I mean how many vacations can these women take before it becomes a travel show.  

Edited by Cosmocrush
  • Love 3

What I don't need is Madame Puppet thinking I, as a viewer, is jealous of her, or that I could CARE that she needs to spend $3,000 to get Quagmire off. She's so self-important. And hypocritical (re Alexis). Sometimes I think she's worse than Tamra, cause at least Tamra is the devil you know...

I'm not sure if I love you more for the screen name N. Bluth or for calling Terry Quagmire, but I do know I love you!  

• Love 6

I'm not sure if I love you more for the screen name N. Bluth or for calling Terry Quagmire, but I do know I love you!

I love you more! You are the first person to ever recognize my screen name, and I've had it for many months. All this time I've been thinking it was too obscure & that it sounded like a nerdy guy librarian, so thank you a thousand times for knowing the reference!! ("They mostly just cried. You've got a real morale problem here")

I can't take credit for Quagmire. I read it here on one of these boards awhile ago. I thought his name was Quizno. I made my boyfriend Google the Family Guy character whose name starts with a "Q" before I wrote my post. But he does look exactly like Terry!

Anyway, to bring this back on topic, I will reconsider my stance on Heather now that I feel there's peace in the world.

• Love 2

I just caught this segment on rerun. It sounds as though Briana had a longer timeline squished into one sentence. "Blah, blah, bah high school blah, blah, blah was checking him out on Facebook as time went on." I have little doubt that Brooks has been working Vickie for muuuuuuch longer than she'd like anyone to know.

I watched the segment after reading many comments here, and this is the way that I heard it. It wasn't one big thought - it was two comments.  She said she remembered first hearing about Brooks when she was in high school, and then said that later when she heard more about him, she looked him up on FB. She never said anything about looking him up on FB when she was in High school, but later. 

• Love 9

There is so much "correcting" over things that don't matter. It's exhausting. Correcting that the monetary amount was mistaken or any of the minutiae and semantics? I want to hear opinions and similar to a typo, a minor mistake is easier to gloss over than to quote and correct. It also makes for much less unnecessary content.

Edited by freeradical
  • Love 4

I enjoyed most of the Secrets Revealed but I sure as hell didn't need to see...

Wretched Vicki Retching

Vicki%20Retching_zpsuw7yaq3d.jpg

Why does she think it's OK to grab someone ELSE's hat to puke into instead of hers?

I was certain I heard $3000 was spent at the adult store.

Edited by Ubiquitous
  • Love 2

I would much rather watch Heather spend on obscene amount on Door knobs & pulls since AFAIK she can afford it, than watch Teresa Giudice throw money around that I know she doesn't have.

I didn't think the sex store was a big deal (I wouldn't spend that much in there) & I wouldn't hand over my card without getting a total first, so that didn't strike me as odd or braggy.

What I am sick of hearing is Vicki bitching or lecturing these women, who don't work (according to Vicki) about spending their husband's money.  Every single one of these women bring in a Bravo paycheck to contribute to the family purse.  I just wish someone would break the fourth wall & say "Bitch, I am working right now, why else do you think I am spending time with you? Bravo is paying me to."  It is just ridiculous to have to pretend they aren't all getting paid to be on this show & Vicki needs to stop insisting others aren't working too.  I'd have a hard time not wanting to slap her, I would certainly be counting to 10 so much people would start to think I was Rain Man

Edited by Lucygirl2
  • Love 22

Didn't Heather just last season appear on a few episodes of Hawaii Five-0? Not to mention her and Terry's skin care thing and the champs.

Meghan recently quit working when she married Jim, but before that she sold medical equipment.

Shannon AFAIK doesn't work, but I also don't think we've seen her have any "help" have we? Presumably she takes care of the house, kids, etc.

Tamra owns a business and we also know she used to sell real estate and would like to get back into that.

So they all work, to some extent or other. Just because being a housewife/stay at home mom is not a paying job doesn't mean it doesn't count as working. Of course in Vicki's mind if you don't bring home a paycheck it doesn't count as work/a job.

Edited by BogoGog24
  • Love 8

Didn't Heather just last season appear on a few episodes of Hawaii Five-0? Not to mention her and Terry's skin care thing and the champs.

Meghan recently quit working when she married Jim, but before that she sold medical equipment.

Shannon AFAIK doesn't work, but I also don't think we've seen her have any "help" have we? Presumably she takes care of the house, kids, etc.

Tamra owns a business and we also know she used to sell real estate and would like to get back into that.

So they all work, to some extent or other. Just because being a housewife/stay at home mom is not a paying job doesn't mean it doesn't count as working. Of course in Vicki's mind if you don't bring home a paycheck it doesn't count as work/a job.

I thought that was low of Vicki to go after Meghan and as why she was in OC instead of St. Louis.  Jim answered early on via a tweet and said because she has a job in OC.  Same with asking what dying Leann's illness had to do with her being in OC.  I guess Vicki probably thought -"bitch is trying to steal my cancer storyline."

Shannon has help and she has a huge home to maintain.  Her husband probably is the biggest earner with his business.  It could very well be they decided early on it was better to have someone with the children.  How nice to get her fame bug and make money.

Tamra has CUT Fitness and though they showed her taking a lesser role she does a lot of promoting for the business.

Heather is surprisingly candid about money and how she earned and how she spent it during the marriage.  On her Podcast she asked and talked about joint accounts.  Both she and Tamra hated that there bank cards sent a message to their husbands after each purchase.  Shannon seemed relieved her bank did not have the feature.

• Love 5

I didn't think the sex store was a big deal (I wouldn't spend that much in there) & I wouldn't hand over my card without getting a total first, so that didn't strike me as odd or braggy.

Me, either.  Women are shown shopping often on all the RW franchises, and sometimes the editors include their totals, sometimes they don't, but there is nothing strange about asking for your total at a register, no matter what the store is or how much you are spending.

I think Vicki clings to the "I WORK! I PAY FOR ALL MY THINGS!" like a badge of honor because it's kind of all she has to be proud of, but also because she is envious of the other women who don't have to hustle for every dime in their household.  My sister in law was a stay at home mom, and I'd been working for the same company for over 10 years making decent money- at holiday gatherings she would basically greet me at the door with, "Are you still working?  You can't possibly be working as hard as I do trying to keep up with a baby.  Being a mother is the hardest job in the world."  and then I would say something like, "Merry Christmas!" or "Happy Easter!"  I could practically smell the insecurity wafting off of her, and it was wasted because I didn't care at all whether she worked outside of the home.  Vicki tries to appear so confident, but I think it's all an act.  If she could have landed herself a sugar daddy, I've no doubt she would have been perfectly happy letting him be the big earner, but it just didn't work out for her.  She must rage inside seeing Heather spend such large amounts of money without having to spend her vacations tapping away on a laptop in the airport shuttle.

• Love 11

I was a SAHM (now I am a SAHWife) & my BFF is the main breadwinner in her home so she has to work & I have always been sympathetic when she would call me because she forgot to send juice boxes for her kids class & drop what I was doing to run them to the school for her (it happened more often than one would think), until she started in with the "It's not like you work" or "It isn't like you have anything better to do" remarks...  So I just be a bit more sensitive to Vicki's remarks than others would be.

I couldn't stop laughing at Heather's map blowing away either... but I stand behind Mike selling Vicki's shit on ebay as the funniest for me

• Love 10

Hey everybody, I learned tonight why so many Bravo "housewives" have trouble understanding each other - turns out people who get botox aren't only impaired in their own facial expressions, but also in reading others' faces because our facial muscles involuntarily mimic the expressions on other peoples' faces and help us understand them. I've been watching this series On Demand and really recommend it: http://www.pbs.org/the-brain-with-david-eagleman/home/

Stop freezing your faces, Bravo crazies!!! (I'm talkin' to you Heather and Meghan!)

I've been watching that excellent series, too, nexxie, and when I saw that Botox segment, The Real Housewives was my first thought!  I even made a comment about it over on the PBS forum!  Great minds ...  :-D

• Love 2
FakeJoshDuggar, on 13 Nov 2015 - 3:20 PM, said:

I just caught this segment on rerun. It sounds as though Briana had a longer timeline squished into one sentence. "Blah, blah, bah high school blah, blah, blah was checking him out on Facebook as time went on." I have little doubt that Brooks has been working Vickie for muuuuuuch longer than she'd like anyone to know.

Yep that is the way I heard it, too.  Not that Brooks was stalking her mom when she was in high school.  But, rather, that was when she first became aware of his existence. 

N. Bluth, on 14 Nov 2015 - 01:54 AM, said:

I love you more! You are the first person to ever recognize my screen name, and I've had it for many months. All this time I've been thinking it was too obscure & that it sounded like a nerdy guy librarian, so thank you a thousand times for knowing the reference!! ("They mostly just cried. You've got a real morale problem here")

I can't take credit for Quagmire. I read it here on one of these boards awhile ago. I thought his name was Quizno. I made my boyfriend Google the Family Guy character whose name starts with a "Q" before I wrote my post. But he does look exactly like Terry!

Anyway, to bring this back on topic, I will reconsider my stance on Heather now that I feel there's peace in the world.

Ok well I agree to disagree with you about Heather (I like her when she's NOT with Terry!) but I did recognize your screen name and it made me smile. I know my little avatar is hard to read but if you can see it, you know I'm a fan!

• Love 2

I thought that was low of Vicki to go after Meghan and as why she was in OC instead of St. Louis.  Jim answered early on via a tweet and said because she has a job in OC.  Same with asking what dying Leann's illness had to do with her being in OC.  I guess Vicki probably thought -"bitch is trying to steal my cancer storyline."

Hmmmmm.  i asked those same questions but I hope that doesn't make me as odious as Vicki. But I didn't think Megan was trying to steal Vicks cancer storyline  as much as she was tying to make a storyline for herself using Haley and Haley's sick mother.  Megan should thank Crooks for giving her a third storyline - Megan PI.  I don't think Vicki talked about Brooks fake cancer nearly as much as the other women did or even as much as  Megan mentioned LeAnn's very real cancer.    I'm not sure how I'd have felt about that if I was LeeAnn but I guess she had more important things to worry about.

During the reunion (and after LeeAnn's death) when Megan was whining about Jimmy being gone 50% of the time I wondered why, if it's soooo hard, doesn't she just go with him?  They don't have kids in school; and Haley doesn't live with Megan and Jim does she?   Of course I'm presuming Megan is on this show voluntarily as a famewhore and not because she's looking for a career. 

Edited by Cosmocrush
  • Love 6

Ok well I agree to disagree with you about Heather (I like her when she's NOT with Terry!) but I did recognize your screen name and it made me smile. I know my little avatar is hard to read but if you can see it, you know I'm a fan!

Duke, I love your avatar!!! It's so funny. "Maybe it's the 11 months he spent in the womb,"

K, about the show, I like Heather sometimes, especially when she's not with Ms Terry. In fact, sometimes I find her extremely likable and she seems like she's easy to get along with, and funny. But there are other things she says/does that I just can't let go of. Like, to Alexis, "if everyone says you're dead, maybe you should LIE DOWN," and, to Sarah W., "you ate the BOW off my CAKE?!?"

Weirdly enough, she reminds me of the archetypical girl who has a crush on your high school boyfriend. You may be cool with each other face-to-face, and you might even like her, but you can never really let your guard down or trust her. JMO. I'm open to other interpretations.

Tamra, on the other hand, is just a cess pool of a person. She has said and done and continues to do so many things that are beyond the pale, that at some point I've thrown up my hands and said, "ok, the woman is reprehensible." And this, oddly enough, freed me of judgment of her actions, and now I just kind of accept her as she is. Please PM me if you think I need a psychiatrist ASAP.

• Love 10

Me, either.  Women are shown shopping often on all the RW franchises, and sometimes the editors include their totals, sometimes they don't, but there is nothing strange about asking for your total at a register, no matter what the store is or how much you are spending.

I think Vicki clings to the "I WORK! I PAY FOR ALL MY THINGS!" like a badge of honor because it's kind of all she has to be proud of, but also because she is envious of the other women who don't have to hustle for every dime in their household.  My sister in law was a stay at home mom, and I'd been working for the same company for over 10 years making decent money- at holiday gatherings she would basically greet me at the door with, "Are you still working?  You can't possibly be working as hard as I do trying to keep up with a baby.  Being a mother is the hardest job in the world."  and then I would say something like, "Merry Christmas!" or "Happy Easter!"  I could practically smell the insecurity wafting off of her, and it was wasted because I didn't care at all whether she worked outside of the home.  Vicki tries to appear so confident, but I think it's all an act.  If she could have landed herself a sugar daddy, I've no doubt she would have been perfectly happy letting him be the big earner, but it just didn't work out for her.  She must rage inside seeing Heather spend such large amounts of money without having to spend her vacations tapping away on a laptop in the airport shuttle.

Remember Vicki's reaction to Lori getting that car from George?
  • Love 8

Hmmmmm. i asked those same questions but I hope that doesn't make me as odious as Vicki. But I didn't think Megan was trying to steal Vicks cancer storyline as much as she was tying to make a storyline for herself using Haley and Haley's sick mother. Megan should thank Crooks for giving her a third storyline - Megan PI. I don't think Vicki talked about Brooks fake cancer nearly as much as the other women did or even as much as Megan mentioned LeAnn's very real cancer. I'm not sure how I'd have felt about that if I was LeeAnn but I guess she had more important things to worry about.

During the reunion (and after LeeAnn's death) when Megan was whining about Jimmy being gone 50% of the time I wondered why, if it's soooo hard, doesn't she just go with him? They don't have kids in school; and Haley doesn't live with Megan and Jim does she? Of course I'm presuming Megan is on this show voluntarily as a famewhore and not because she's looking for a career.

Yeah, Hayley is 18, has graduated and doesn't need a babysitter anymore. I don't believe she ever did. I think Meghan was just making excuses to live in Orange County so she could be on the show, and making up storylines as well. She was on a couple lame reality shows before this. Say yes to the dress and Resale Royalty where she is mostly standing awkwardly in the background but in the camera shot. Just an asshole of a fame whore that girl.

Also, the previous reality shows make her excuses of needing to be there for Hayley ridiculous. I doubt she had to hang around that second hand clothing store or had to say yes to a dress she didn't even wear to her wedding. She just wants to be on t.v. even if it means fake crying over her husband's first wife who I know damn well she didn't give a shit about.

Edited by freeradical
  • Love 5

This show first went on the air in March of 2006, Briana graduated in 2005.  So I would be curious how long Brooks sought her out. She did not really become famous until the spring of 2006.   His son from his "baby mama" is only 7 or 8 years old and the other woman who spoke of the nose cancer was worked in there as well.  She speaks of seeing Vicki the year of the vow renewal 2010 maybe?).  I just think Briana sometimes gets carried away when she speaks.    Tamra speaks of Vicki telling her in the spring of 2007 of the friend with pancreatic cancer.  I just think the window was short and quite frankly I hold Vicki 100% responsible-she CHOSE to cheat on her husband.  I just don't believe there is ever an excuse to cheat.  Briana needs to hold her mom and only her mom accountable for breaking up her family

• Love 6

Hmmmmm.  i asked those same questions but I hope that doesn't make me as odious as Vicki. But I didn't think Megan was trying to steal Vicks cancer storyline  as much as she was tying to make a storyline for herself using Haley and Haley's sick mother.  Megan should thank Crooks for giving her a third storyline - Megan PI.  I don't think Vicki talked about Brooks fake cancer nearly as much as the other women did or even as much as  Megan mentioned LeAnn's very real cancer.    I'm not sure how I'd have felt about that if I was LeeAnn but I guess she had more important things to worry about.

During the reunion (and after LeeAnn's death) when Megan was whining about Jimmy being gone 50% of the time I wondered why, if it's soooo hard, doesn't she just go with him?  They don't have kids in school; and Haley doesn't live with Megan and Jim does she?   Of course I'm presuming Megan is on this show voluntarily as a famewhore and not because she's looking for a career. 

Haley was living with Meghan and Jim in St. Louis in the fall of 2014 and wanted to come back to the OC because her mother was dying.  So yes Haley was living with Meghan and Jim and still does.  Haley friends are in the OC and Jim's younger children reside in St. Louis with their mother and her has 50% visitation.

• Love 3

I've been watching that excellent series, too, nexxie, and when I saw that Botox segment, The Real Housewives was my first thought!  I even made a comment about it over on the PBS forum!  Great minds ...  :-D

I love this series - includes many things I had not read about and it's so well done - good to know you're enjoying it too!
  • Love 1

My understanding is that Shannon comes from serious family money.  I always assumed her money was behind the big house.  I think David does quite well, but not $$$millions well.

Shannon talked about her and David's finances when she married and she was working in trucking making good money.   (Her words.)  David last week was chatting on Facebook and mentioned a contract in Belmont California that was $40 million so I think he does do millions well.  If you Google Beador Construction you will see all the State of California contracts, Orange County and various other highway contracts.   

• Love 5

Yeah, Hayley is 18, has graduated and doesn't need a babysitter anymore. I don't believe she ever did. I think Meghan was just making excuses to live in Orange County so she could be on the show, and making up storylines as well. She was on a couple lame reality shows before this. Say yes to the dress and Resale Royalty where she is mostly standing awkwardly in the background but in the camera shot. Just an asshole of a fame whore that girl.

Also, the previous reality shows make her excuses of needing to be there for Hayley ridiculous. I doubt she had to hang around that second hand clothing store or had to say yes to a dress she didn't even wear to her wedding. She just wants to be on t.v. even if it means fake crying over her husband's first wife who I know damn well she didn't give a shit about.

Hayley was living with Meaghan and Jimmy in St. Louis. They moved back to OC so Hayley could be near her mother and also for Meaghan to be a housewife. To be honest, I'm not sure what the priorities really were. As for Haley being 18 and no longer needing a babysitter, well that just not true for most 18 year olds. She's going to need some help and guidance. She's not on her own yet and it's Jimmy's responsibility to guide her. Therefore Meaghan is still very much in Hayley's life.
  • Love 6

Hayley was living with Meaghan and Jimmy in St. Louis. They moved back to OC so Hayley could be near her mother and also for Meaghan to be a housewife. To be honest, I'm not sure what the priorities really were. As for Haley being 18 and no longer needing a babysitter, well that just not true for most 18 year olds. She's going to need some help and guidance. She's not on her own yet and it's Jimmy's responsibility to guide her. Therefore Meaghan is still very much in Hayley's life.

Oh I know the story, I'm just saying I don't believe it. As for an 18 year old needing a babysitter? What? At 18 all three of my kids were in their own apartments, going to college and working so I suppose I wouldn't be able to relate to that line of thinking. I'm sure there are some special cases though.

Actually, I thought about it and I can't relate to babysitting an 18 year old who still lives at home either. Time to cut the cord.

(unless they have a disability of course, that would be a different case)

Edited by freeradical
  • Love 1

Haley was living with Meghan and Jim in St. Louis in the fall of 2014 and wanted to come back to the OC because her mother was dying.  So yes Haley was living with Meghan and Jim and still does.  Haley friends are in the OC and Jim's younger children reside in St. Louis with their mother and her has 50% visitation.

Thanks zoeysmom.   I guess I thought Haley lived with her mom and stepfather.  

I do think that being there for Haley was/is  probably just a benefit/excuse for  Megan (and Jim) to move the OC and Megan stays there for the show but pretends it's for Haley.   And I say that because five days after this girl lost her mother Megan was in Andy's NYC clubhouse waxing on about how nice it was for her and Jim to get away "just the two of them."   Seems to me at the very least Jim should have stayed home to be with his daughters (Haley and her sister)  during that time although maybe Haley was fine with it - who knows.  On that same show she also said now that Haley has finished high school she and Jim would be together full time - both going back and forth (I guess unless Bravo is filming.)

• Love 3

Oh I know the story, I'm just saying I don't believe it. As for an 18 year old needing a babysitter? What? At 18 all three of my kids were in their own apartments, going to college and working so I suppose I wouldn't be able to relate to that line of thinking. I'm sure there are some special cases though.

Actually, I thought about it and I can't relate to babysitting an 18 year old who still lives at home either. Time to cut the cord.

One can argue that this 18 year old needed additional support because she watched her mother suffer through and eventually lose her life to a horrible illness.

Or, one can argue that the reason for the 18 year old to have a babysitter is for her babysitter to have a connection to the OC so she can be on the show.

My vote is the latter.

• Love 4

I don't think an 18 year old needs a babysitter, nor did I say that. But most 18 year olds still need some parental guidance and financial assistance. As you mentioned, your children were in college and living in apartments, did you not help them achieve that? Hayley acted like a brat, but she's in a vulnerable situation right now and I hope that Jimmy helps guide her.
  • Love 7

I love this series - includes many things I had not read about and it's so well done - good to know you're enjoying it too!

nexxie - if you love it, you might also enjoy a series I'm watching on the NatGeo channel called Breakthrough.  I highly recommend it.

This Secrets Revealed episode did nothing for me.  After watching the Brooks shit-show, I needed a MUCH better palate cleanser than this crapfest.

Depressing??? You mean first the Tamra shitstorm; then the Vicki shitstorm? What's not to like?

I do believe that's what these shows are all about...drama.....I think they would be pretty dull without it....and I don't think drama can be avoided

with drama queens like Vicki and Tamra.

• Love 1

I don't think an 18 year old needs a babysitter, nor did I say that. But most 18 year olds still need some parental guidance and financial assistance. As you mentioned, your children were in college and living in apartments, did you not help them achieve that? Hayley acted like a brat, but she's in a vulnerable situation right now and I hope that Jimmy helps guide her.

Well actually you did say something to the effect of "as for Hayley not needing a babysitter well that's just not true for most 18 year olds" so that's why I addressed that. I assumed it is a given that parents continue to support their kids when they are making their own way and for the rest of their lives.

I was talking about Meghan and Jim and their bullshit story. For example, LeAnn was held fully responsible by Hayley for forgetting the dress and the medication at the prom party, not Meghan. This clearly indicates that LeAnn was still "taking care" of Hayley. It doesn't jive that Meghan hanging out with Hayley makes her the caregiver if LeAnn is still juggling the parental responsibilities. If Hayley was actually living with Jim and Meghan, Meghan would have been held responsible for not bringing the dress and medication but they were obviously at LeAnn's house where Hayley was actually living. During the prom photos Hayley told her Mom and stepfather "why are you guys in the picture? Nobody cares about you!" I believe Hayley went along with the invented story of Meghan needing to be there so she could be on t.v. too. Without the lie, we never would have seen Hayley and Meghan would have had no storyline. I just don't believe the backstory. I think they were lying is my point. JMO

Then when J and M went on Vacation three days after LeAnn passed, I knew it was bullshit for sure.

Edited by freeradical
  • Love 5

I don't think Haley really ever looked at Meghan like a stepmom/maternal figure anyway. She was more like a friend to Haley or an older sister.

Also might I add when I turned 18 (I'm 22 now, so I'm speaking from the current generation here), I went off to college but my parents paid for it. I did not live in an apartment, I lived in a crappy dorm on campus. Because my college was only 45 minutes away from home, my dad would drive me on weekends or school breaks when I wanted to come home. I was sort of "on my own" in terms of living away from home, doing my own laundry, and that sort of thing, but I'd hardly say I was independent at the time. The school provided a dining hall for us so I wasn't in charge of making my own meals. My parents paid for pretty much everything I needed. I chose not work while going to school so I could focus fully on my studies. Sure, they weren't exactly babysitting me, but I definitely was not in a position where I had my own place, buying my own food, paying bills, working, etc. Far from it. Every family is different when it comes to the kids turning 18, some choose to go to college, some choose to work right away, some go into the military, some take a year off before going to school to go abroad or things like that. It is different for everyone.

Edited by BogoGog24
  • Love 11

Ya know, this may be a small thing, but I really liked the scene of Shannon giving the ladies a lunch of plant based foods that they liked.  I'm not a vegan or vegetarian by any stretch, but I do enjoy tasty non meat foods.  And that she got these women, in particular, Vicki & Tamra, to eat out of their safe zones without the gagging from Vicki was quite an accomplishment.

And on the food arena (okay, food is a *thing* with me), Brianna claimed that the bleu cheese stuffed olive martini was a Brooks era invention.  I could swear (and I am happy to be proven wrong, not looking to launch a debate or anything) Vicki was ordering them back with Lauri when they were still buddies, like S1 or S2.  Anyone else remember this?  Maybe I've just gone round the bend. LOL! 

• Love 11

Well actually you did say something to the effect of "as for Hayley not needing a babysitter well that's just not true for most 18 year olds" so that's why I addressed that. I assumed it is a given that parents continue to support their kids when they are making their own way and for the rest of their lives.

I was talking about Meghan and Jim and their bullshit story. For example, LeAnn was held fully responsible by Hayley for forgetting the dress and the medication at the prom party, not Meghan. This clearly indicates that LeAnn was still "taking care" of Hayley. It doesn't jive that Meghan hanging out with Hayley makes her the caregiver if LeAnn is still juggling the parental responsibilities. If Hayley was actually living with Jim and Meghan, Meghan would have been held responsible for not bringing the dress and medication but they were obviously at LeAnn's house where Hayley was actually living. During the prom photos Hayley told her Mom and stepfather "why are you guys in the picture? Nobody cares about you!" I believe Hayley went along with the invented story of Meghan needing to be there so she could be on t.v. too. Without the lie, we never would have seen Hayley and Meghan would have had no storyline. I just don't believe the backstory. I think they were lying is my point. JMO

Then when J and M went on Vacation three days after LeAnn passed, I knew it was bullshit for sure.

Yes I went back and read my post. I did word that poorly. My apologies. While I do think they stretched the truth as to why Meaghan was in OC, there is some logic to the story. I'm going to make a few assumptions, but I can see it going somewhat like this......Hayley is sent to St. Louis to live with her father and Meaghan because A. She is an incorrigible teen and Leanne is tired of dealing with her. And/Or B. Due to Leann's cancer recurrence she is unable to parent Hayley and wants Jimmy to take over. Then when Leeann's prognosis became dire, everyone (I would think) knew that Hayley should have time with her mother, so they moved back to OC. I don't know if Hayley was living with her mother or bouncing from house to house, but it makes sense to me that Jimmy and therefore Meghan were responsible for overseeing Hayley. The prom scene was sadly typical teenage behavior (to me) and Hayley's stuff could have been at the mom's house because she was living there or staying over. Just my take on the situation.
  • Love 9