Type keyword(s) to search

S10.E23: Secrets Revealed

• Start Topic

Yes I went back and read my post. I did word that poorly. My apologies. While I do think they stretched the truth as to why Meaghan was in OC, there is some logic to the story. I'm going to make a few assumptions, but I can see it going somewhat like this......Hayley is sent to St. Louis to live with her father and Meaghan because A. She is an incorrigible teen and Leanne is tired of dealing with her. And/Or B. Due to Leann's cancer recurrence she is unable to parent Hayley and wants Jimmy to take over. Then when Leeann's prognosis became dire, everyone (I would think) knew that Hayley should have time with her mother, so they moved back to OC. I don't know if Hayley was living with her mother or bouncing from house to house, but it makes sense to me that Jimmy and therefore Meghan were responsible for overseeing Hayley. The prom scene was sadly typical teenage behavior (to me) and Hayley's stuff could have been at the mom's house because she was living there or staying over. Just my take on the situation.

hi GE Lady:

Since I missed most of this season, maybe you can clarify something for me.

Jim & Leanne have 2 daughters. Sutton & Haley. Sutton is older.

Was Sutton filmed in any of the scenes? - I never saw her.

Does Sutton reside in the state of California?

Does Haley have relatives in California that she wishes to remain geographically close to, or is she going to be attending college in Cali?

I question the reason for them staying in OC at this point since Jim is always in St Louis. The only reason I see them staying is for Meghan wanting her Orange on RH.

If Meghan is kept for next year, her story line could be sessions with a speech therapist to get her to speak less robotically and and in normal human time.

I can do without her throwing more couples parties where her douchebag hubby is missing, and no more packing and moving into another house.

• Love 6

hi GE Lady:

Since I missed most of this season, maybe you can clarify something for me.

Jim & Leanne have 2 daughters. Sutton & Haley. Sutton is older.

Was Sutton filmed in any of the scenes? - I never saw her.

Does Sutton reside in the state of California?

Does Haley have relatives in California that she wishes to remain geographically close to, or is she going to be attending college in Cali?

I question the reason for them staying in OC at this point since Jim is always in St Louis. The only reason I see them staying is for Meghan wanting her Orange on RH.

If Meghan is kept for next year, her story line could be sessions with a speech therapist to get her to speak less robotically and and in normal human time.

I can do without her throwing more couples parties where her douchebag hubby is missing, and no more packing and moving into another house.

Leann was Jimmy's first wife and they had two daughters, Hayley and her older sister (can't think of her name but it's not Sutton), Jimmy's second wife, Allison lives in St. Louis with their two minor children. I don't know their names or sexes, someone else would have to answer that. Hayley's sister was not filmed. She recently graduated from college and I think she lives in O.C. I doubt Hayley will be going to college anytime soon. From what was shown, she wasn't much of a student. I'm not sure how Meaghan will spin her reason for being in OC for next season.
  • Love 3

Leann was Jimmy's first wife and they had two daughters, Hayley and her older sister (can't think of her name but it's not Sutton), Jimmy's second wife, Allison lives in St. Louis with their two minor children. I don't know their names or sexes, someone else would have to answer that. Hayley's sister was not filmed. She recently graduated from college and I think she lives in O.C. I doubt Hayley will be going to college anytime soon. From what was shown, she wasn't much of a student. I'm not sure how Meaghan will spin her reason for being in OC for next season.

Oops my bad, Lauren is the other daughter he and Leanne had.

Meghan and Jim married in October 2014. So I guess she can throw a one year anniversary party, invite everyone to celebrate - and Jim will be a no show.

That about sums up her storyline...so maybe if we're lucky Bravo will demote her to friend of HW

• Love 6

Ya know, this may be a small thing, but I really liked the scene of Shannon giving the ladies a lunch of plant based foods that they liked.  I'm not a vegan or vegetarian by any stretch, but I do enjoy tasty non meat foods.  And that she got these women, in particular, Vicki & Tamra, to eat out of their safe zones without the gagging from Vicki was quite an accomplishment.

And on the food arena (okay, food is a *thing* with me), Brianna claimed that the bleu cheese stuffed olive martini was a Brooks era invention.  I could swear (and I am happy to be proven wrong, not looking to launch a debate or anything) Vicki was ordering them back with Lauri when they were still buddies, like S1 or S2.  Anyone else remember this?  Maybe I've just gone round the bend. LOL! 

Lizzing, I DO remember Vicky's penchant for blue cheese stuffed olives way back when.  So either Briana's a big fat liar, or Brooks' influence goes back a lot farther than Vicky admits.

• Love 10

Thanks zoeysmom.   I guess I thought Haley lived with her mom and stepfather.  

I do think that being there for Haley was/is  probably just a benefit/excuse for  Megan (and Jim) to move the OC and Megan stays there for the show but pretends it's for Haley.   And I say that because five days after this girl lost her mother Megan was in Andy's NYC clubhouse waxing on about how nice it was for her and Jim to get away "just the two of them."   Seems to me at the very least Jim should have stayed home to be with his daughters (Haley and her sister)  during that time although maybe Haley was fine with it - who knows.  On that same show she also said now that Haley has finished high school she and Jim would be together full time - both going back and forth (I guess unless Bravo is filming.)

I kind of wanted to beat Meghan up for vacationing/working so soon after LeAnn passed and as much as I like slapping Meghan around, Meghan has stated that Haley was invited on the trips and was always welcomed and declined.  Here is a bigger shocker Haley has a job at a Converse store.  it may be she was being responsible and honoring work commitments.  I believe LeAnn's parents are quite involved in Haley's life.  I think it is nice Jim maintains a residence in OC so Hayley has a home with one parent.  I saw very little to indicate she was ready to live alone.  I wonder if she throws parties at the OC house when Jim and Meghan are gone?

• Love 3

Lizzing, I DO remember Vicky's penchant for blue cheese stuffed olives way back when.  So either Briana's a big fat liar, or Brooks' influence goes back a lot farther than Vicky admits.

I think THAT was Briana's point, that Brooks found out she liked "blue cheese stuffed olives" in her drink from watching the show. Briana claimed that Brooks "studied" Vicki before they met in real life.

• Love 10

Ya know, this may be a small thing, but I really liked the scene of Shannon giving the ladies a lunch of plant based foods that they liked.  I'm not a vegan or vegetarian by any stretch, but I do enjoy tasty non meat foods.  And that she got these women, in particular, Vicki & Tamra, to eat out of their safe zones without the gagging from Vicki was quite an accomplishment.

And on the food arena (okay, food is a *thing* with me), Brianna claimed that the bleu cheese stuffed olive martini was a Brooks era invention.  I could swear (and I am happy to be proven wrong, not looking to launch a debate or anything) Vicki was ordering them back with Lauri when they were still buddies, like S1 or S2.  Anyone else remember this?  Maybe I've just gone round the bend. LOL! 

I remember a scene where Vicki got upset because (Gretchen maybe?) for copying her and ordering her signature drink. A martini with a bleu cheese olive. A little clue for Vicki bars and restaurants only stock condiments people order.  So in order for a bar to have bleu cheese olives there has to be a demand.   

I do think Brooks played up a lot for the cameras because he and Vicki really didn't want to say they had been banging for years while she was married to Donn.  Briana acting as if he knowing what Vicki drinks and therefor he is a stalker is goofy.  I would at the very least most people know what drink someone orders whrn they are sleeping together.  Granted this is a woman who claims she lived with Brooks and was unable to catch on to the fact he faked cancer.

• Love 1

I think THAT was Briana's point, that Brooks found out she liked "blue cheese stuffed olives" in her drink from watching the show. Briana claimed that Brooks "studied" Vicki before they met in real life.

That is where I think Briana is all wet. Her timeline is off.  They had been sleeping together for years when that scene played out.  Again Briana can't have it both ways that they had known each other for years and then claim he studied the show to get the lowdown on Vicki.  He either knew Vicki when  Briana was in high school or he "stalked" her after the show aired.  She can't have it both ways. 

More importantly Vicki "falling" for Brooks because he watched the show and is somehow not responsible for banging him while married to Donn is ludicrous.  I am not taking this out on you WW, it is just something that irritates me about Briana-her mother needs to take responsibility for her own bad choices.  Vicki had to communicate with Brooks to keep the relationship going.

• Love 6

That is where I think Briana is all wet. Her timeline is off.  They had been sleeping together for years when that scene played out.  Again Briana can't have it both ways that they had known each other for years and then claim he studied the show to get the lowdown on Vicki.  He either knew Vicki when  Briana was in high school or he "stalked" her after the show aired.  She can't have it both ways. 

More importantly Vicki "falling" for Brooks because he watched the show and is somehow not responsible for banging him while married to Donn is ludicrous.  I am not taking this out on you WW, it is just something that irritates me about Briana-her mother needs to take responsibility for her own bad choices.  Vicki had to communicate with Brooks to keep the relationship going.

Briana knows the affair, V/B, started well before the divorce, she has said as much herself BUT I think she is saying that watching the show gave Brooks insight into Vicki's needs/wants/desires that emails between them and their occasional hook ups couldn't have given him alone. I don't find it suprising that Briana is trying to minimize her mothers responsability in this, most kids tend to protect their parent and place the bulk of blame on the outsider.

• Love 6

I thought Briana's point was that Vicky never ordered blue cheese stuffed olive martinis until Brooks came along.

• Love 4

I thought Briana's point was that Vicky never ordered blue cheese stuffed olive martinis until Brooks came along.

This whole section was either really poor editing, Briana speaking poorly or a combination of both.  I think she was trying to say he knew Vicki's preferred drink because he saw her order it on the show.  However, she said the opposite, implying Vicki only started drinking dirty vodka martinis with blue cheese stuffed olives after she started seeing Brooks.  Of course, there is nothing damning to the idea that someone would drink something new after someone introduced them to it.  So I'm going with she said the opposite of what she meant,  Then again, she's Vicki's daughter.  We cannot expect mental clarity or clear communications.  That's not what makes Vicki so special.  

• Love 8

The scene at the dinner table with Michael, Brooks, and Billy was great. In an episode so long ago I can't remember which one Vicki was talking to Michael about what he wanted his major to be in college he said something like "Psychology, so I can try to understand you!" I'm sure it was the season with the Vicki keg stand. Priceless.

• Love 8

Well, she, Briana, did say that Brooks "studied" Vicki on the show BUT it is entirely possible that Brooks did intro her to the blue cheese stuffed olives in her drink as they "knew" each other for years, well before she left Donn for him.

• Love 5

I don't think Haley looks on Meghan as much of anything but yet another of her father's wives.   Doesn't seem like she had much to do with wife #2, and aside from filming, I doubt she has much to do with Meghan.    Whenever Meghan tried to do her "Mom" thing, you could almost see Haley blowing her off.   When Jim told her to back off, it was more why are you bothering.   I can't see Meghan & Jim in for the long run, and Haley probably sees the same.  

• Love 6

The martini thing came across a little wonky.  But I do think Briana understood what was actually Brook's motive with Vicki long before Vicki did - or maybe Vicki still doesn't accept it.  Say what you will about Briana, I think she got Brooks number a long time ago.  I'm glad I never had to deal with something like that with my own mother.

• Love 7

Absolutely 100% true!  Back in season one, they took a vacay (Mexico, perhaps?), or went somewhere for a weekend, and Kimberly (moved back to Chicago after her husband got into some kind of trouble) was with them, dancing and flirting with tons of men.  During this vacay or getaway, I distinctly remember Vicki asking for very dirty martinis, always with extra blue cheese stuffed olives.  I also remember this because that led to me stuffing green olives with blue cheese and eating them as a snack.  Yum!

• Love 3

Hahahaha!  I really enjoy Shannon and especially her talking head interviews.  

Shannon is definitely Reality TV gold, but the way she jumped in with the mean girls (who did far worse to her) and viciously attacked Vicki, and continues to bash Vicki non-stop, has kind of turned me off to her.  Lying to protect her lover and make people feel sorry for him, or not, Vicki was there for Shannon and supported Shannon when everyone else was horrifically awful to her.

I'm so disappointed, since I really enjoyed Shannon prior to seeing that side of her,

• Love 3

ZM thanks for posting that... Although even hearing Brooks's name makes my stomach queasy, I am fine with extended coverage of his scam if it keeps some unsuspecting non-housewife viewer from falling victim to his game.  I have no doubts he would have tried to pull this same shit with someone else & unfortunately, the third time wasn't the charm & he is being exposed for the asshat that he is.

• Love 5

ZM thanks for posting that... Although even hearing Brooks's name makes my stomach queasy, I am fine with extended coverage of his scam if it keeps some unsuspecting non-housewife viewer from falling victim to his game.  I have no doubts he would have tried to pull this same shit with someone else & unfortunately, the third time wasn't the charm & he is being exposed for the asshat that he is.

I agree.   Bravo did not create the scam, Brooks and Vicki did.    I don't agree they kept the story going either.   The story was started by V and B even before the season began.  

They filmed what these two creepy people kept insisting was true.    The other cast members KNEW from Brooks and Vicki's pasts that they were both liars and scammers , had strong doubts and questioned it.     

We have never seen Brooks and con man and grifter ever do anything "normal".    No job, no car, where did he live? no visits to his family, no nothing.

People fall victim to these creeps everyday, so I think its a good thing that he was finally outed as the creep that most of us knew he always was and still is.

I also think it was long over due that Vicki got what was coming to her. She is a racist, a liar and a scammer.    The big paycheck she gets could be donated instead by Bravo to The American Cancer Society after they fire her.

Bravo will lose lots of viewers if Vicki is not fired.      This was not the usual outrageous behavior the housewives do, there is no coming back from what Vicki did.

• Love 11

Every family is different when it comes to the kids turning 18, some choose to go to college, some choose to work right away, some go into the military, some take a year off before going to school to go abroad or things like that. It is different for everyone.

Agreed.  And every 18 year old is different. In addition to being immature, with her mother dying and her father semi-absent, she certainly seems to be a young person still in need of parentals.

I totally see the value of having Megan there as a stepmother/friend/confidant.  Megan also wanted to be a RH.  So it was a no brainer, imo.

I think we're getting hung up on the word 'babysitter'. That's not what Hayley needed.  She basically needed a support system at that time. 

Or maybe she did need a babysitter. Shrug. I've known 18 year olds with internet/drug/alcohol addictions that required 'babysitters' to get back on track.  For others, tough love works.  But I go back to my first sentence, they're all different.  It would be nice if every 18 year old was able to be turned completely loose on the world as a contributing, independent member of society.

• Love 6

Bravo did not create the scam, Brooks and Vicki did.    I don't agree they kept the story going either.   The story was started by V and B even before the season began. 

They filmed what these two creepy people kept insisting was true.    The other cast members KNEW from Brooks and Vicki's pasts that they were both liars and scammers , had strong doubts and questioned it.

Yes, you're right as far as it goes but--and god knows I realize that Bravo is as far from a reputable news outlet as is possible to get and are purely motivated by ratings and money--there are lines of common decency and avoidance of possible lawsuits for promoting fraud or whatever. Okay, maybe Bravo choosing to air this crap wasn't illegal (undoubtedly their legal department vetted everything) but even posting disclaimers and a real follow up at some point exposing whatever the actual truth is would be a  plus.

And, as mentioned above, there are people actually fighting cancer who could well be desperate to forego treatment which really may help and fall into trying the garbage Brooks was selling.

Bravo will lose lots of viewers if Vicki is not fired.      This was not the usual outrageous behavior the housewives do, there is no coming back from what Vicki did.

Yes, I hope so but I'm also assuming that, should she be back next season, it will be spun that she was a victim and taken in by the lies because she loved him and all that shit. It may not work, but I wouldn't be surprised if she gave it a shot.

• Love 5

Yes, you're right as far as it goes but--and god knows I realize that Bravo is as far from a reputable news outlet as is possible to get and are purely motivated by ratings and money--there are lines of common decency and avoidance of possible lawsuits for promoting fraud or whatever. Okay, maybe Bravo choosing to air this crap wasn't illegal (undoubtedly their legal department vetted everything) but even posting disclaimers and a real follow up at some point exposing whatever the actual truth is would be a  plus.

And, as mentioned above, there are people actually fighting cancer who could well be desperate to forego treatment which really may help and fall into trying the garbage Brooks was selling.

Yes, I hope so but I'm also assuming that, should she be back next season, it will be spun that she was a victim and taken in by the lies because she loved him and all that shit. It may not work, but I wouldn't be surprised if she gave it a shot.

My guess is they'll have her back, and the plot will go back and forth between "did Vicki lie?" and "who's Vicki dating now?"

By next season Vicki will be asking for praise for uncovering a cancer scam.  She will set herself up as the intelligent businesswoman who was taken in by a con man.  There is just no way she can come back from this.

• Love 7

By next season Vicki will be asking for praise for uncovering a cancer scam.  She will set herself up as the intelligent businesswoman who was taken in by a con man.  There is just no way she can come back from this.

I agree with the first part of your post and disagree with the last line.

Many of us felt there was no way back for Taylor, Camille, Faye Resnick.  Yet I see people hoping for their return to BH.  I can even see a redemption arc for Brandi.  Doesn't matter which block it is - Beverly Hills, New Jersey, Atlanta...I've been around 'em enough to know anything is possible.  Sometimes all will be forgiven.  Or at least forgotten.

That said, imo, I think Vicki has surpassed even Teresa in ickiness.

• Love 4

Shannon is definitely Reality TV gold, but the way she jumped in with the mean girls (who did far worse to her) and viciously attacked Vicki, and continues to bash Vicki non-stop, has kind of turned me off to her.  Lying to protect her lover and make people feel sorry for him, or not, Vicki was there for Shannon and supported Shannon when everyone else was horrifically awful to her.

I'm so disappointed, since I really enjoyed Shannon prior to seeing that side of her,

I think I am missing when Shannon viciously attacked Vicki.  Shannon was there for Vicki, stood right by her side and supported her when she went after Meghan and Jim's marriage.  Vicki's thanks-she dumps a glass of ice cold water down her dress.  As it turns out one of the reasons Shannon is unforgiving to Vicki, is Vicki thought it okay to make up a story last year that David hit on her.  Based on what Vicki said the Dubrows were pretty hideous to David and Shannon largely due to Vicki's misrepresentation.  Although Heather and Tamra were unkind to Shannon, Lizzie and Danielle  were kind.  So Vicki wasn't the only one supporting Shannon.  What was unkind was Vicki saying she was the only one there for Shannon when no one else would be.  That and her idiot friend Rhonda outing the affair and Vicki saying she deserved it.

Although Brooks and Vicki thought it appropriate to claim Shannon made it all about her regarding Dr. Kaneely, common sense dictates when you go to RadarOnLine and speak of "exploring a holistic doctor Shannon referred", then it is logical to expect an update.  Originally it was she (the physician) didn't have the records from City of Hope, then it was production screwed up the dates, then two flat tires.  All of which are situations which could be remedied with rescheduling.   So I cn see where a normal person might just expect acknowledgment for the referral.  A simple, "thanks but no thanks", would have sufficed as well.

Many of us felt there was no way back for Taylor, Camille, Faye Resnick.  Yet I see people hoping for their return to BH.  I can even see a redemption arc for Brandi.  Doesn't matter which block it is - Beverly Hills, New Jersey, Atlanta...I've been around 'em enough to know anything is possible.  Sometimes all will be forgiven.  Or at least forgotten.

What was I thinking they celebrate a RH going to prison and richly reward her.

• Love 9

I so agree with this but I am afraid that Bravo will set Vicki up for a redemption year and give her good editing. That is if they choose to keep her.

For me the whole cancer story and con have been deplorable. A total slap in the face to those truly suffering with illness. I am a big believer in Karma and I wouldn't want to be walking around in Brooks or Vicki's shoes.

• Love 4

I so agree with this but I am afraid that Bravo will set Vicki up for a redemption year and give her good editing. That is if they choose to keep her.

Yes, maybe, but it will depend on whether they believe that she'll bring ratings or not. Vicki is awful but she has to know how  much she depends on the income Bravo gives her. Without that money her lifestyle will significantly change and she also has a couple of lawsuits she's fighting and which seem to be ongoing.

My guess is that she'll do whatever Bravo asks her to do, despite her exulted position as the self proclaimed 'OG of the OC' (and who the hell would want that on their tombstone???) and will toe the company line, be it a redemption arc or that she's a lying sack of shit who goes home to an empty house.

And yes, if they choose to keep her. There seems to be enough real anger about this mess that she may have gone a step or ten too far.

• Love 3

Given her easily-triggered gag reflex, it's a wonder "Girth" stayed with Vicki for as long as he did.

Brianna is just like Vicki, won't admit to being married to a loser.

I had to laugh at the flashback of Brianna saying how so very different her hot-second marriage was from Vicki's relationship, when just a few months later she would be twisting and spinning in defense of her man, just like dear ol' mom.

So, I'm guessing Michael takes after his father?

So she has one up on me cuz I have no idea why a straight lady would need a butt-plug.

I imagine for the same reason any other person who's into anal play would, as no gender or orientation has a lock on that.

Why wouldn't Vicki be asked back? A big chunk of the season and reunion revolved around her and her storyline, and the ratings were supposedly higher than ever. As mentioned, if Bravo will continue to employ the Giudices, then they can find a way to keep Her Royal Ickiness on the payroll.

Edited by jaync
  • Love 3

Given her easily-triggered gag reflex, it's a wonder "Girth" stayed with Vicki for as long as he did.

I had to laugh at the flashback of Brianna saying how so very different her hot-second marriage was from Vicki's relationship, when just a few months later she would be twisting and spinning in defense of her man, just like dear ol' mom.

So, I'm guessing Michael takes after his father?

I imagine for the same reason any other person who's into anal play would, as no gender or orientation has a lock on that.

Why wouldn't Vicki be asked back? A big chunk of the season and reunion revolved around her and her storyline, and the ratings were supposedly higher than ever. As mentioned, if Bravo will continue to employ the Giudices, then they can find a way to keep Her Royal Ickiness on the payroll.

I keep thinking there is also the Danielle Staub and Brandi Glanville stories.  Vicki is making a big deal over being photographed with friends and mentioning how long they have been friends.  Sometimes if you alienate the entire cast there is no coming back.  Since filming has stopped she has accused Tamra of faking cancer, said Heather and the rest weren't supportive, when Tamra and heather were in fact.  I doubt there is any apology big enough, sincere enough or logical to satisfy Meghan.  Shannon has essentially not spoken to Vicki off camera since April. 

• Love 1

I apologize if this is on the wrong thread but it says something about the situation when the Washington Post weighs in: https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/arts-and-entertainment/wp/2015/11/13/how-real-housewives-hit-a-new-low-with-a-bizarre-fake-cancer-storyline/

They bring up some good points about E! and Bravo keeping this story going.

Well written article but the E! interview video posted inside the story was sickening. I hadn't seen that before and I couldn't finish watching it - I made it 6.49 minutes before becoming too disgusted.

Here is what they have to say about Bravo editors deciding to focus so heavily on the story, bolding mine:

This is a convoluted mess, to say the least. And one has to wonder why Bravo or producers thought this was a good idea for a storyline. Everyone knows producers edit footage to create the most compelling plots; Ayers didn’t have to be a major part of the season. But apparently “possibly fake cancer” was too juicy to pass up to increase viewership, even if it is incredibly offensive – both to perpetrate a hoax like that, and frankly, to speculate that one exists

Edited by Cosmocrush
  • Love 1

There are a lot of housewives who have done and said horrible things, BUT Vicki is now in a special category that is SO BAD that she is alone in it.    I have tried to think of the words to describe someone who would do what she has done, but I can't.      Reprehensible is not bad enough, disgusting and vile are not bad enough.

This is something someone does who has no conscience at all. Not one tiny bit and a landfill is too good for her.    So, no she is not at all like any of the other people you mentioned.

• Love 9

This is how the spin begins.  Months and months away from filming again and I'll bet we start getting deluged with, "Poor Vicki" stories.  This, just now from WetPaint:

As if Vicki Gunvalson hasn’t been through enough this year!

Not only has the Real Housewives of Orange County vet been put through the ringer with ex-boyfriend Brooks Ayers and his “cancer” on Season 10, but she lost her mom, too. Now the reality star is supporting her daughter, Briana Wolfsmith-Culberson, after surgery to remove enlarged lymph nodes.

Wah, wah, wah.

http://www.wetpaint.com/vicki-gunvalson-daughter-briana-surgery-lymph-nodes-1454432/

• Love 1

This is something someone does who has no conscience at all. Not one tiny bit and a landfill is too good for her.    So, no she is not at all like any of the other people you mentioned.

This is true that she's like no other.  They're all putrid, with Vicki in our opinion (yours and mine) at the top of the list.  However, this is what Bravo does.  There's not a HW yet that they haven't been able to 'rehabilitate' in some form or fashion once they're brought back. They may never become fan favorites again but Bravo is able to manipulate the characters, the storyline, dare I say US, in order to make the HW seem less despicable.  Maybe Vicki will be a first.  I hope they don't bring her back so we never have to see. 

But they're bringing Brandi back so I won't hold my breath.

• Love 1

This is true that she's like no other.  They're all putrid, with Vicki in our opinion (yours and mine) at the top of the list.  However, this is what Bravo does.  There's not a HW yet that they haven't been able to 'rehabilitate' in some form or fashion once they're brought back. They may never become fan favorites again but Bravo is able to manipulate the characters, the storyline, dare I say US, in order to make the HW seem less despicable.  Maybe Vicki will be a first.  I hope they don't bring her back so we never have to see. 

But they're bringing Brandi back so I won't hold my breath.

I agree with you about Bravo.   Really, they are nothing more than pimps exploiting people who for a number of reasons and numerous character flaws want to be on these shows.

But my point is, that faking cancer is beyond all lines and cannot be lumped in with any of the other things the housewives have done.   Its beyond heinous. 

Its not something that Bravo should ignore or hope people forget over time.    I know I won't.       I guess time will tell if Bravo knows when to draw the line.

• Love 2
Sometimes if you alienate the entire cast there is no coming back.

True, but things can change before the cameras start rolling again. If Tamra thinks she can get a better storyline by playing the forgiving Christian and re-friending Vicki, then she'll do it. Heather will follow Tamra's lead because that's what she does, and Meghan would probably toe whichever line it takes to stay on the show. Shannon can choose to do whatever and make it interesting.

• Love 1

True, but things can change before the cameras start rolling again. If Tamra thinks she can get a better storyline by playing the forgiving Christian and re-friending Vicki, then she'll do it. Heather will follow Tamra's lead because that's what she does, and Meghan would probably toe whichever line it takes to stay on the show. Shannon can choose to do whatever and make it interesting.

I'm not about to give up hope that TPTB think 10 seasons of Vicki Gunvalson is more than enough.  I think Tamra is another HW we could do without.   What story line could she possibly have without Vicki?

As for the others.......when it comes right down to it (Bravo paycheck) they will all toe the company line to keep their orange.  

With two new HW's shows on the horizon, Bravo may just decide to retire the OC (and hopefully, NJ).

• Love 4

But my point is, that faking cancer is beyond all lines and cannot be lumped in with any of the other things the housewives have done.   Its beyond heinous. 

Its not something that Bravo should ignore or hope people forget over time.    I know I won't.       I guess time will tell if Bravo knows when to draw the line.

Remember how Lauri Waring was the most hated HW EVER! because she threw her drug addled son under the bus.  Then it was Taylor Armstrong.  What she did was pretty heinous, because EVERYONE hated her. There were whole websites dedicated to how she drove her husband to suicide, supposedly lied about the abuse and then threw poor, dead Russell under the bus by writing a book when he wasn't even cold and continuing to exploit their daughter, little Eisenhower.  And now, Teresa Guidice, who is probably the only one at this time that I, personally, would lump in with Vicki for being part and parcel to people losing their businesses and homes.

Some posters, who have been touched by addiction might argue that Kim Richards should be lumped in the heinous pile with Vicki.  We've all got our lines in the sand of what we can forgive and forget and what we can't. 

• Love 6

Remember how Lauri Waring was the most hated HW EVER! because she threw her drug addled son under the bus.  Then it was Taylor Armstrong.  What she did was pretty heinous, because EVERYONE hated her. There were whole websites dedicated to how she drove her husband to suicide, supposedly lied about the abuse and then threw poor, dead Russell under the bus by writing a book when he wasn't even cold and continuing to exploit their daughter, little Eisenhower.  And now, Teresa Guidice, who is probably the only one at this time that I, personally, would lump in with Vicki for being part and parcel to people losing their businesses and homes.

Some posters, who have been touched by addiction might argue that Kim Richards should be lumped in the heinous pile with Vicki.  We've all got our lines in the sand of what we can forgive and forget and what we can't. 

Yes, we have all different lines in the sand and mine are different.   :)

• Love 5

There are a lot of housewives who have done and said horrible things, BUT Vicki is now in a special category that is SO BAD that she is alone in it.    I have tried to think of the words to describe someone who would do what she has done, but I can't.      Reprehensible is not bad enough, disgusting and vile are not bad enough.

I feel that way about Brooks but do you think Vicks is on the same level of guilty as Brooks?   It seems odd to me that she seems to be taking more heat (overall) than he is, or maybe that's because she is the HW with the contract and he's not?   I'm honestly asking - I really don't want to start some sort of fight or anything. 

LOL,  I STILL hate Whori Laurie over that, among other things and happy Traylor is off my TV (and little Eisenhower too :-P) But I completely get your point and agree - especially about the Guidices.     Besides, this network decided to make Crook's Fake Cancer the focus of this season and create three hours of Teresa calling Joe from the joint.   They must think those are moneymakers. 

Edited by Cosmocrush
  • Love 3

I don't think Bravo will ever stop furthering that line until viewership completely tanks.  As long as there is a buck to be made. 

Due to personal reasons, I can never forgive Brandi for outing Adrienne's surrogacy.  To some, that was no biggie and something Adrienne deserved. But it was a personal affront to me.  In retrospect of what Teresa has done and now Vicki, outing a surrogacy and having cat crap in your condo is now small potatoes.

I hope there never comes a day when one of these HWs do something horrible and people are like, "Remember when we thought Vicki was the worst HW ever for lying about her boyfriend's cancer?"  Because I think Bravo will continue to court characters that are even more despicable than those that are already in their stables.

• Love 5

Vicki is doing a poor me story again tonight with Mario Lopez.  She filmed it Friday in LA and then claims she went back to OC and then to LAX and flew to OKC.  She was out partying by Sunday night in Arizona.  It sounded to me like Briana had very, very minor surgery or Vicki really is a shitty caregiver.  So here we go, Vicki in bad light, there she is to the rescue of a sick loved one.  it is just so contrived and has the opposite effect on me. 

Bravo will have to weigh the possibility of ostracizing Heather, Shannon and Meghan and by default Tamra (Tamra would film with Satan if it meant she kept her paycheck) against a redemption arc for a very damaged Vicki.

Edited by zoeysmom
  • Love 2

I feel that way about Brooks but do you think Vicks is on the same level of guilty as Brooks?   It seems odd to me that she seems to be taking more heat (overall) than he is, or maybe that's because she is the HW with the contract and he's not?   I'm honestly asking - I really don't want to start some sort of fight or anything. 

I know you didn't ask me but I'll jump right in. LOL.  I don't think Vicki is as guilty as Brooks.  I don't even think she's on the same level as Teresa. The problem for me with Vicki is a long standing one.  I've never liked her for a really superficial reason - she's loud and bossy. And now she's a liar.  I understand why some people might view this as the worst thing a HW has ever done but I still think Teresa wins that prize.

I do think Vicki was led by Brooks.  Stupid, yes.  Immoral, probably.  Criminal? Nope.  Not yet anyway.

• Love 2

All the women look like they smell bad.

The only exception would be Heather.  She looks pretty clean/ hygienic.

Vicki = cheese

Shannon = lavender and moth balls

Tamra = deep fried fish sticks

Meghan = plaque

• Love 4

All the women look like they smell bad.

The only exception would be Heather.  She looks pretty clean/ hygienic.

Vicki = cheese

Shannon = lavender and moth balls

Tamra = deep fried fish sticks

Meghan = plaque

LOL That is oddly fascinating.  Do Brianna! 

(I think Heather looks like she smells of formaldehyde.)

• Love 2

For me, Vicki's guilt is close to Brooks level because, IMO, she knew very early that he was lying/faking, well before filming began and she put her needs for a full love tank/sympathetic storyline first.

• Love 5

Teresa tops the list for me as well because people have lost their livelihoods because of the Giudice's fraudulent actions & messing with innocent people's lives is unacceptable.  At this point Vicki & Brooks's actions didn't effect anyones bottomline.  (I reserve the right to change my mind if anything new comes out but thus far it hasn't been shown Brooks got any reduction in his support payments).  Truthfully I don't need a chart or ranking of despicibleness to find them all horrendous for various reasons.

• Love 8