Type keyword(s) to search

Love in the Time of Walkers: Relationships in The Walking Dead

• Start Topic

I have watched the couch/mints scene way too many times LOL!!! but if you notice that when they lock fingers Michonne looks over at Rick and he has got the biggest, sweetest and most adorable smile on his face. They are so ready to take it to the next step.

I love that scene where she gives him the razor, she does not even care that they don't have any electricity at the prison but she was thinking about him while she was out there.  Those are the kind of moments I love between them.

Alicia Keys has a song, "Unthinkable" that so fits these two.  There is another one called "I Found", don't know who sings it but it is a song about seeing what has been in front you the entire time, "I found love where it wasn't supposed to be, right in front of me".  Andy Lincoln did an interview about Rick/Michonne finally coming together, where he says that she was standing there in front of him the entire time and it was a beautiful realization for them.  *sniff, sniff*

Edited by catcory
  • Love 1
On 11/29/2015 at 10:13 PM, shoetingstar said:

It's a combination of "reformed redneck/badboy', great hunting and fighting skills, his sense of humor, and the tragic bulldog, who is really a damaging puppy who needs love persona that made him sexy to me - haha. I'm a sucker for that kind of character in various degrees.  (Similarly, Dean Winchester on Supernatural or John Reese on Person of Interest. And yes once upon a time Spike from the early Buffy days before Marni Noxon ruined him). 

Oh my God, yes! Protective (especially violently protective) of loved ones + competent + wisecracks + not so secret emotional damage + occasional vulnerability = 98% of all the crushes on fictional characters I've ever had. Believe me, I get why fans find Daryl so attractive. Been there, crushed hard on that.

...Still think Daryl is asexual, though. And his hair looks dumb now.

• Love 4
On ‎4‎/‎24‎/‎2016 at 2:46 PM, SimoneS said:

I could see TV Michonne with TDog, Heath, and newly transformed Gabriel.

Although, I hated they way they wrote Tyreese (so damn weak) he's the only black man thus far I'd could just possible see Michoone with. Heath seemed more of a kid brother type. I love Lennie James - but nah. She didn't know T-Dog. I like Bob - but also no. Killing to survive is all the sin Gabriel can endure right now. I don't see him breaking he's chastity vows.

2 hours ago, Milks26 said:

I don't see him breaking he's chastity vows.

Gabriel is an Episcopalian priest. They do not take vows of chastity. He can have sex, marry, and have kids so he is definitely on the market for some lucky woman.

• Love 2

I hope Daryl stays single for the rest of the series. We rarely get men under the age of 50 who aren't in a relationship without being a douchebag 'player'. Love isn't always romantic or sexual; he loves Rick, Michonne, Carl, Maggie, Glenn, Judith, etc., and I think that's not only more than enough, it's refreshing.

It makes my skin crawl every time I see an article or a post on Tumblr, etc., talking about Shane and Lori's relationship. Not only do they ignore that he attacked her at the CDC and tried to rape her, but they always talk about her like she was the problem in that relationship. Shane was domineering, jealous, paranoid, violent, insecure, and impulsive. Lori was just badly written. It strikes me as hilarious (not really) that when addressing that situation - when Shane's threatening people, attacking people - always, always without fail, "Lori was whiny/Lori was flaky/Lori waffled" like, nope. Lori being whiny or flaky has nothing to do with it, and not only did she not waffle if she had been firmer with Shane it likely would've made things even worse. I also hate the implication that anything Lori did would've changed Shane's actions, like she was controlling him somehow. Dude was 100% responsible for his own shit. Lori didn't "make him worse"; he as an asshole before the ZA and couldn't keep it together after it all went to hell. Lori was just the unfortunate object of his fixation.

• Love 5
9 hours ago, slf said:

Shane was domineering, jealous, paranoid, violent, insecure, and impulsive.

It occurs to me that, with the exception of "violent", everything you attributed to Shane could just as easily be applied to Lori as well.  But hey, maybe that's just me.  :)

• Love 4

I've never heard Lori described as domineering before; she's almost always described by people as weak. Shane was domineering because he was an Alpha Male douchebag wannabe, constantly trying to bully the group into doing what he wanted. I don't think there was an episode in the back half of season two where he wasn't shrieking in people's faces. What made Lori domineering?

• Love 4

I never saw Lori as waffling either. I didn't think she was playing games with the men. I think that both she AND Shane were struggling with their emotions, what they had done, what their relationship with each other could be going forward, etc. I think she tried very hard to resume the role of devoted wife, but I think she still cared about Shane. I saw her as wanting to try and help him, but then realizing he'd never be able to get over Rick coming back, never be able to be in a group with the both of them. 

• Love 4
(edited)
17 hours ago, slf said:

I've never heard Lori described as domineering before; she's almost always described by people as weak. Shane was domineering because he was an Alpha Male douchebag wannabe, constantly trying to bully the group into doing what he wanted. I don't think there was an episode in the back half of season two where he wasn't shrieking in people's faces. What made Lori domineering?

domineering [dom-uh-neer-ing]: adj. 1. inclined to rule arbitrarily or despotically; overbearing; tyrannical.  2. inclined to exercise arbitrary and overbearing control over others.

There is more than one form of domination.  Shane's method was simple physical intimidation, while Lori's was manipulation.  Shane was Hulk Hogan while Lori was Lady Macbeth, but his shouts and her whispers were both focused on the same end  - exertion of control, to subjugate the will of others to their own.

The primary difference between the two was complexity:

1. Shane was a simple point-A-to-point-B guy - shout until you get what you want, or sulk and fume when you don't.  Setting up the Randall "escape" was about the most strategic thing Shane did during his tenure with TWD
  2. Lori had much more capacity for a long game.  While many of Lori's whispers (her prodding of Rick to take out Shane in Triggerfinger) were specific and direct, much of her back-and-forth-ing with Shane was strategic destabilization - keeping Shane off-balance about where he stood with her, which in turn made Shane (a) more pliant and susceptible to control, and (b) distracted enough to impair his ability to focus strategically.

My take, anyway.  YMMV.

Edited by Nashville
  • Love 3

Interesting idea. I never saw the 'Lady Macbeth' thing, especially since nothing Lori did seemed to actually make Shane pliant and susceptible much less distracted. He seemed to focus in on her like a laser and his plan might've otherwise worked had he not underestimated Rick and Daryl, something he'd been doing since the beginning of the series. Shane always thought he was the smartest person in the room (scary thought) and that was part of his undoing.

• Love 2

I really did not see Lori's back and forth with Shane as anything strategic or intentional at all. I saw it as legitimate back-and-forth, because Rick's arrival sent them all on a roller coaster of emotion. I think she was genuinely pissed at him at first, because she thought maybe he lied about his true knowledge of Rick's condition. But then I think she saw how devoted to Rick and Carl Shane was when Carl got shot, and she had some sympathy for him. I just saw a woman struggling to navigate an incredibly confusing and complicate situation.

• Love 4
(edited)

I completely agree with you, ghoulina. Lori's one of those characters that's rarely afforded an inner life by fandom (not saying you, Nashville, you've clearly put some thought into her). I've read articles delving into Shane's psyche and Rick's past to explain or justify their actions as complex, etc., but no one likes to do that for Lori.

She was struggling in her marriage to Rick pre ZA and then just before it broke out Rick was shot, nearly killed, and ended up in a coma. She was likely already a wreck when walkers started appearing and she had to navigate the initial outbreak with a child to take care of. Then her friend, her husband's best friend, tells her that her husband is dead and they have to go on the run to survive. The beginning of the ZA - watching family members and friends die, turn, and probably try to attack you - was hell for everyone but for people already suffering through difficult situations it had to be even worse. Shane would've been a very important figure to Lori in the beginning, a friend and protector, someone willing to help keep her son safe and to battle his way to and through the hospital to get Rick out. They watched cities get bombed together, they fought to survive together. Little wonder they found comfort in each other (even as Lori continued to wear her wedding ring). But then Rick found them and Lori had her husband back (and was left feeling like she'd betrayed Rick). That's... a lot. I can see why Lori might've believed Shane was lying about Rick being dead, the story was pretty incredible (and the hospital scene more than a little hokey), so she must've felt betrayed by him too. I can understand her being pissed. Meanwhile, they were both trying to pretend for Rick's sake that everything was fine and the entire group dynamic was shifting. Then they got to the CDC and Shane tried to rape her, then acted like nothing happened the next day. But it was still the ZA and their group was constantly being attacked and needed every capable fighter they had, and it would've hurt Rick to hear about what happened so Lori kept quiet. Lori tried to reach out to Shane, find some balance, but Shane just couldn't get it together. So, yeah, she started talking to Rick about Shane's instability. Noticeably, though, she never used the nuclear option of telling Rick what Shane did at the CDC which would've ended Shane a lot sooner.

Lori was given a lot of crappy dialogue and her relationship with Andrea in season two was especially cringe-worthy. But I never saw her as deceptive or calculating. I saw her as a woman trying to navigate an extremely difficult situation and protect way more people than she should have (Shane should've been cut loose at the CDC). She didn't do everything perfectly but I honestly don't know what choices would've been perfect in that situation.

Edited by slf
  • Love 4
(edited)
On 6/2/2016 at 6:47 PM, slf said:

It makes my skin crawl every time I see an article or a post on Tumblr, etc., talking about Shane and Lori's relationship. Not only do they ignore that he attacked her at the CDC and tried to rape her, but they always talk about her like she was the problem in that relationship. Shane was domineering, jealous, paranoid, violent, insecure, and impulsive. Lori was just badly written.

I hold Lori responsible for telling Rick in so many words that he needed to kill Shane, and then getting mad at him when he killed Shane. There were times when I felt like she was just aligning herself with the best alpha male--and that her definition of "best" changed on a whim. But, yeah, it really pisses me off that they (fans, the show, the showrunners) don't acknowledge that Shane A) told Lori that her husband died when he wasn't 100% sure, B) did not respect her when she immediately ended their relationship after finding out her husband was still alive, and C) TRIED TO RAPE HER. I felt similarly when the internet called Andrea a slut for having sex with Shane despite the fact that they were both single, it was consensual, and it was the fucking apocalypse. And of course it's Andrea and Lori's fault for "spreading their legs" (my least favorite phrase in human language) and Shane has nothing to do with it. :\

I'm glad they've gotten better at writing women. Not perfect, but...better.

Edited by The Mighty Peanut
  • Love 6
(edited)

@The Mighty Peanut I completely agree. There were a lot of double standards when it came to Lori and Andrea, especially where Shane was concerned but also just in general. It's particularly appalling when you consider that with Andrea and Lori sleeping with Shane, it was consensual sex that got everyone riled up but so many people turned the other cheek when Shane attempted rape. Just...ugh.

This is a wildly unpopular opinion but when it comes to Lori putting a hit out on Shane, I kind of don't care? (First, I agree with it. Second, it just meant Lori was ahead of the curve. Look at what the group does now.) Lori isn't the mom from Animal Kingdom, she's not Lady Macbeth; it's one thing to say "this person's gotta go" and another thing to know your husband killed someone you've both known for most of your lives. Lori had been a regular housewife (as far as we know) pre ZA, and only killed walkers when she absolutely had to- having a living person, especially one you were involved with (and with whom you may have conceived a child) killed has to be overwhelming. And again, I think Lori had been in emotional distress for quite a while, since before the ZA broke out. No one was at their best in that moment, tempers had flared. Lori shouldn't have yelled at Rick. But I always felt Lori was being raked over the coals for sins nowhere near as bad as what other characters have committed. 

ETA: To clarify, I'm not 100% sold on Lori actually wanting Rick to kill Shane. I think she wanted him cut loose and was trying to make the case that simply saying "Shane, go" wouldn't be enough because he would just try to come back. They would've needed to use harsher methods with Shane.

Edited by slf
  • Love 2
(edited)

I am never buying the "Lori wanted Rick to kill Shane" line. That is simply not what happened as I already commented on this thread. It never occurred to Lori that Shane who attempted to rape her could kill someone until Dale told her that he killed Otis and that he would kill someone else. Having Lori get angry at Rick for killing Shane when she knew he was a danger to Rick was basically Mazzara/Darabont/Kirkman's misogyny on display. It was a way to have Lori blamed for everything that was went wrong in her relationship with Rick. Lori was a plot device, period. She wasn't even allowed to confront Shane about attempting to rape her. It was same thing with Andrea as the source of the growing conflict between Rick and Phillip. Let me not forget Michonne was similarity treated the same way with Phillip demanding her as payment for peace. 

The best thing that ever happened to TWD was Gimple becoming the showrunner. He put a stop the misogyny that was running rampant on the show. While I think he could do a much better job with how he writes for black men, I am grateful that the women have stronger stories and are no longer merely plot devices for the men's stories. 

Edited by SimoneS
  • Love 4

I just went back and rewatched the scene where Lori gets mad at Rick for killing Shane and it's so terrible? Like the writing for her there was so different from the previous episodes and Callies tried to sell it but...eh. Lori I remember as always being pretty direct in her opinions, willing to argue if she disagreed with someone, perfectly willing to say something unpleasant if she thought it was necessary. That resulted in a few awful scenes, sure, but at least it was consistent. That argument between her and Rick was so out of character it's almost bizarre. I feel like it was probably embraced because so many people already disliked her for other reasons no one really cared that it wasn't in-character.

2 hours ago, SimoneS said:

I am never buying the "Lori wanted Rick to kill Shane" line. That is simply not what happened as I already commented on this thread. It never occurred to Lori that Shane who attempted to rape her could kill someone until Dale told her that he killed Otis and that he would kill someone else. Having Lori get angry at Rick for killing Shane when she knew he was a danger to Rick was basically Mazzara/Darabont/Kirkman's misogyny on display. It was a way to have Lori blamed for everything that was went wrong in her relationship with Rick. Lori was a plot device, period. She wasn't even allowed to confront Shane about attempting to rape her. It was same thing with Andrea as the source of the growing conflict between Rick and Phillip. Let me know forget Michonne was similarity treated the same way with Phillip demanding her as payment for peace. 

The best thing that ever happened to TWD was Gimple becoming the showrunner. He put a stop the misogyny that was running rampant on the show. While I think he could do a much better job with how he writes for black men, I am grateful that the women have stronger stories and no longer merely plot devices for the men's stories. 

You've made a lot of excellent points, SimoneS, especially about how the showrunners' misogyny affected how the female characters were used (literally). I'd forgotten about that scene between Lori and Dale which I think is another point against the argument that Lori was trying to have Shane offed. It felt like in the back half of season two, one episode to the next, they didn't really have a plan for Lori except maybe to kill her off in season three, so they used her to drive the 'plot'. 

• Love 1

I think it was out of character for her to react that way too. Be freaked out that your son put down his walker "uncle" - sure. But to act disgusted by Rick, like he's the next Hitler or something? No. Shane was trying to kill HIM. 

I agree that Lori was just a plot device. I think they wanted her to react that way and cause this big rift between her and Rick, so it would eat him alive when she died. Which, the sadness of her dying with all that unfinished business was very tragic and added to storyline, but they could have at least made it consistent.

• Love 3

At least, Lady Macbeth had ambitions to attain the throne and power. Lori was not a fully realized character in her own right (which honestly wasn't much different from in the comics). She was a ping pong ball between Shane and Rick with Carl thrown in occasionally. Shane tells Lori we are wasting time looking for Sophia. Lori asks Rick if they are wasting time looking for Sophia. Rick looks at her perplexedly and asks wouldn't they keep looking if it was Carl? Lori responds yes, but she wants to make sure that Rick had considered it. WTF!? I think that actress did the best she could with that dire writing.

Michonne also suffered under Mazarra. I think that it is telling that Michonne barely had any dialogue or given a backstory until Gimple wrote Clear. Gimple gave her a more meaningful and sympathetic backstory and a far more compelling personality than the character in the comics.

• Love 2

Yes, Gimple was the one who gave Michonne more depth, but she suffered under him also. After 'After' that's been about it. As much as I like her new relationship with Rick, I don't want it to be her defining factor and limit the character to just another love interest. I don't think that will happen - at least I hope not. But, after that episode featuring her in S4 - that's been about it. Yes, tv Michoone is way better than her comic counterpart, but when you truly assess both mediums her treatment has been about the same. We know more, and probably saw more of Jessie and her boring family.

The writers seem to focus too much on bloody Carol, and if she gets Michoone's Kingdom storyline, which is probably going to happen. There's just no escaping this woman after that.

Gimple has done many things wrong but he has done more things right. The same cannot be said about Darabout or Mazzara.

• Love 3
4 hours ago, Milks26 said:

The writers seem to focus too much on bloody Carol, and if she gets Michoone's Kingdom storyline, which is probably going to happen. There's just no escaping this woman after that.

In a sense, that's to be expected; Carol's character is not constrained by the current TWD graphic novel storyline, so the writers have much more freedom with it.

Hmmm... a random thought... anybody else find it interesting that two of the arguably most popular characters (Carol and Daryl) are characters with no connection to Kirkman's current writing?  ;>

• Love 2

That usually happens in re-adaptation works a lot. On CW The 100 - the character of Lexa was not in the books - but turned out to be the most popular character while she lasted. Sometimes its how the actor portrays the role.

I like Carol, but this stance she's taken up lately is a drag. Daryl is in my top 5 favorites, but he's pretty much predictable, and lately I've gotten a sense that the actor is portraying himself on the screen rather than playing the character.

Michonne is my favorite. When Andrea was killed I left. My interest was reignited when I heard about Michonne's love interest. I had to see how it evolved, and in the process I fell in love with the show all over again.

But, if Michonne dies, that's it I'm gone for good.

• Love 2
(edited)
17 hours ago, Milks26 said:

Yes, Gimple was the one who gave Michonne more depth, but she suffered under him also. After 'After' that's been about it. As much as I like her new relationship with Rick, I don't want it to be her defining factor and limit the character to just another love interest. I don't think that will happen - at least I hope not. But, after that episode featuring her in S4 - that's been about it. Yes, tv Michoone is way better than her comic counterpart, but when you truly assess both mediums her treatment has been about the same. We know more, and probably saw more of Jessie and her boring family.

I totally agree about Michonne. Though I'm enjoying her relationship with Rick, I also fear that she will be regulated to girlfriend and town confidant and as a result we'll lose Danai/Michonne. Considering why she was attracted to the role in the first place, I can't imagine her sticking with the show if she's reduced to being Rick's girlfriend with the occasional badass moment.

I'm disappointed that she hasn't had much of a story arc since S3/S4. She did have some brief character moments in S5 when they first arrived in Alexandria. She had a brief struggle with adjusting, but you're right she hasn't had a personal arc in a while. I hope that she will get more to do in S7 than be Rick's girlfriend. I don't necessarily need to see more of her back story. If that happened after all this time, I'd feel the writers were telegraphing certain death for her. 

It would be nice though to see in addition to her relationship with Rick  a story arc that provides her with more personal growth and insight into the character through relationships with others. 

13 hours ago, Nashville said:

In a sense, that's to be expected; Carol's character is not constrained by the current TWD graphic novel storyline, so the writers have much more freedom with it.

Hmmm... a random thought... anybody else find it interesting that two of the arguably most popular characters (Carol and Daryl) are characters with no connection to Kirkman's current writing?  ;>

I think Carol is generally well liked but I don't know if she's on the level of Darryl with regards to popularity. I'd put her third or fourth in line with regards to popularity. But that's just my opinion of course.:)

Regarding her future stories, in keeping with the thread topic, it's interesting because she doesn't have much of a relationship with anybody right now, save for Morgan. I'm mildly curious to see where their frenemies interaction goes, but I'm more ready for her to sh*t or get off the pot, meaning die or grow beyond her current state. She's been moping around for two seasons (crazy enough Darryl too). It's time for the writers to have her (and him) evolve to the next level whatever that may be. Perhaps Morgan will help with that, specifically Carol. One can only hope.

Edited by Enero

It would be nice though to see in addition to (Michonne's) relationship with Rick  a story arc that provides her with more personal growth and insight into the character through relationships with others. 

This is an ensemble cast, and I'm trying to think of anyone who has had any "personal growth" on this show. IMO, nobody. In fact they've kind of turned into dreary cardboard cutouts and stagnated, if not regressed, so I don't know why Michonne should be singled out for special attention. As for Carol, I'm totally bored with her angst.

• Love 3
On 6/14/2016 at 0:28 AM, Enero said:

I totally agree about Michonne. Though I'm enjoying her relationship with Rick, I also fear that she will be regulated to girlfriend and town confidant and as a result we'll lose Danai/Michonne. Considering why she was attracted to the role in the first place, I can't imagine her sticking with the show if she's reduced to being Rick's girlfriend with the occasional badass moment.

I'm disappointed that she hasn't had much of a story arc since S3/S4. She did have some brief character moments in S5 when they first arrived in Alexandria. She had a brief struggle with adjusting, but you're right she hasn't had a personal arc in a while. I hope that she will get more to do in S7 than be Rick's girlfriend. I don't necessarily need to see more of her back story. If that happened after all this time, I'd feel the writers were telegraphing certain death for her. 

It would be nice though to see in addition to her relationship with Rick  a story arc that provides her with more personal growth and insight into the character through relationships with others.

With so many other shows Michonne would be reduced to just the love interest but somehow I don't see that happening here. Not even because the show's writing is so strong or anything just that it's not in the character's DNA; you'd have to gut Michonne beyond all imagining for that to happen. 

100% agree in wanting her to have her own character arc this season, in addition to her relationship with Rick. We've been getting arcs with Carol, Daryl, Rick, and Morgan, and their respective arcs are pretty similar so I'd want something very different for Michonne.

• Love 4

I'm guessing that Carol's line of thinking, re: Ezekiel, is "here's hoping the tiger also serves as a metaphor for his bedroom skills".

I can't help wondering a bit, assuming Daryl survives the Saviors [& Maggie too], if they won't turn a "I hate you, you got Glenn killed!" angst-fest - plus Daryl helping her out during the final term of the pregnancy & help taking care of the baby out of guilt - into a D/M romance.

Who will Sasha & Rosita turn to now that Captain Casanova is (permanently) out of the picture?  Each other, hopefully??  [sorry 'bout that, turns the perve dial back a couple notches]

When we first got married, it was hard to deal with my husband after he lost an employee softball game.   "Two of my warriors are demolished and I almost cut our kid's arm off" is not a level of failure I'd want to handle. 

@Peach, my shipper heart smiled when you referred to Carl as Rick and Michonne's. I'm assuming that's how you meant it. If not, don't tell me.

• Love 1
On 11/2/2016 at 6:03 PM, iRarelyWatchTV36 said:

I can't help wondering a bit, assuming Daryl survives the Saviors [& Maggie too], if they won't turn a "I hate you, you got Glenn killed!" angst-fest - plus Daryl helping her out during the final term of the pregnancy & help taking care of the baby out of guilt - into a D/M romance.

Since Maggie is one of my favorite characters, I hope to God that this doesn't end up happening.

Edited by allyw
  • Love 1
6 hours ago, ghoulina said:

I'm wondering if they're setting Sherry up for a Daryl romance. 

Personally,  I don't to see ANYONE with Daryl until he starts bathing and stops moping. 

I wondered, too. 

On 11/2/2016 at 5:03 PM, Mu Shu said:

I though that Morgan is interested in Carol, too.   She's quite the popular lady lately.  Personally, I prefer Morgan over King doofy and can't even remember who is Tobin. 

The tall guy CMurda hooked up with, before leaving ASZ last season.

On ‎11‎/‎6‎/‎2016 at 4:02 PM, bosawks said:

C'mon Carol!  A tiger and a pomegranate, that's Shakespeare's level of romance!

While I loves me some Zeke (for me, honestly) - I'm mostly a dog person but I have to admit that Shiva is REALLY cute, I really see a strong chemistry between C and M.  There was something truly sexy about the way he gunned down the Savior guy.  He's coming around.  Also I'm am going to stop typing and call a therapist because for some reason this show makes me think killing folks (a la "I heard Nebraska's nice") is crazy hot!

On ‎11‎/‎6‎/‎2016 at 10:43 PM, allyw said:

Since Maggie is one of my favorite characters, I hope to God that this doesn't end up happening.

I see D with Rosita.  They've been kind of setting it up and I think they would make a nice couple.  If Richard from the Kingdom lives to tell the tale, I could totally see him with Maggie.

• Love 1

I honestly can't see Daryl with anyone, he looks so filthy all the time. Even in the zombie apocalypse a person should have some standards!

I don't know if they are going to do a romance for Carol but if they do I like either Morgan or Ezekiel for her, both are fine choices. Both seem to understand her. Well, better than anyone else does anyway.

• Love 1

I was, plainly, moved by Rick and Michonne's conversations in this week's episode, especially the last. I can buy that she didn't know about Shane. The people she was closest to before the prison fell were Rick, Carl and Daryl, none of whom are notorious talkers.

Rick making them a pallet bed touched me and basically set me up for some feels. I felt his vulnerability in waves as he told her about his friend and partner and his wife. I mean, those are basically all of the spaces that she currently occupies in his head, heart and life. He needed her to understand where he was coming from, but even more than that, he trusted her with this deep hurt. That sigh that he let out when he verbalized that Judith wasn’t his spoke the loudest. In a way, it almost mirrored the conversation they had when they decided to go to DC. Michonne needed it them (him) to try for her and, though he wasn’t totally on board, he did it because it’s what she needed. And the same applies to her decision to try for him.

Yo, I can’t with them. It’s literally so beautiful to me and the fact that Andy and Danai are all in when it comes to those scenes is so palpable.

• Love 12
23 hours ago, Ocean Chick said:

Morgan is a definite "no" from me as a possible relationship for Carol.  He's been stained by his "all life is precious" 'tude, and he's seriously not attractive.  But I'd give Zeke a thumbs up, if Carol is down with it.

Well, I wouldn't exactly call Carol a hot chick.  Morgan could do better.

• Love 7
18 hours ago, Ohwell said:

Well, I wouldn't exactly call Carol a hot chick.  Morgan could do better.

Agreed...plus I think Morgan's a nice looking man, if Carol doesn't want him I'll take him!  Now if Rick were the last man in the ZA, well, even speaking as a straight female, I'd be paying Rosita a visit.

• Love 4
1 hour ago, ByTor said:

Agreed...plus I think Morgan's a nice looking man, if Carol doesn't want him I'll take him!  Now if Rick were the last man in the ZA, well, even speaking as a straight female, I'd be paying Rosita a visit.

Good to know that no one will be fighting me for Rick.

• Love 2
22 hours ago, kia112 said:

I was, plainly, moved by Rick and Michonne's conversations in this week's episode, especially the last. I can buy that she didn't know about Shane. The people she was closest to before the prison fell were Rick, Carl and Daryl, none of whom are notorious talkers.

Rick making them a pallet bed touched me and basically set me up for some feels. I felt his vulnerability in waves as he told her about his friend and partner and his wife. I mean, those are basically all of the spaces that she currently occupies in his head, heart and life. He needed her to understand where he was coming from, but even more than that, he trusted her with this deep hurt. That sigh that he let out when he verbalized that Judith wasn’t his spoke the loudest. In a way, it almost mirrored the conversation they had when they decided to go to DC. Michonne needed it them (him) to try for her and, though he wasn’t totally on board, he did it because it’s what she needed. And the same applies to her decision to try for him.

Yo, I can’t with them. It’s literally so beautiful to me and the fact that Andy and Danai are all in when it comes to those scenes is so palpable.

Aww, you're killing me!

7 minutes ago, Enigma X said:

Good to know that no one will be fighting me for Rick.

No, I'll fight you.  Honestly I don't know why everybody hates Rick so much.

• Love 2