Type keyword(s) to search

Love in the Time of Walkers: Relationships in The Walking Dead

• Start Topic

17 hours ago, AngelaHunter said:

But yet, unless it's implied they're having sex, no man on this show has ever come on to any of the women, who were all attractive and mostly skimpily dressed. Lucky there's no clouds of mosquitos in the south! They treat them like "one of the boys" for the most part, with nary even a double entendre . As if. Even those who are gettin' it on have zero chemistry, like Glenn/Maggie and Rick/Michonne. Best part was having two pretty, bright, competant and capable young women - Sasha and Rosita(who first appeared dressed like some sweaty teenager's wet dream) - fighting and snarking over Abraham, of all people. I guess Rosita never found out he referred to her as "some ass". And yes, all the women sit like 1950-era high schools girls waiting to be chosen at a dance.

Even there, I don't recall seeing her engaged in anything more daring than a chaste kiss, and probably never will. Maybe the idea of a woman pushing 50 being sexual freaks Kirkman out.

The only truly passionate and heated union I remember seeing on this show was between Andrea and the Gov, and of course a woman displaying that kind of sexual aggression and really enjoying it is a super-naughtiness that couldn't go unpunished.

I've never understood this.  Sex drives go up to '11' in times of crisis, so one would think that people would be fucking like mad in the ZA.  I love your comparison to a 1950s dance because that's exactly what sex in the ZA is on TWD.  Daryl would be up to his greasy hairline in women because he could provide protection AND squirrel meat.  But other than that pathetic incident with Beth and the click-bait Caryl nonsense, there's been nothing.  You'd think Daryl was a eunuch.  Even Eugene would get some play because of all the neat inventions he can come up with.

I understood why Rosita hooked up with Abraham (because he was a good provider) but Sasha and Abraham didn't make a lot of sense, especially since Sasha and Rosita were friends and I couldn't see Sasha doing her friend like that. 

When it came to sex, Andrea is the only person who made sense to me.   But a woman who chose to have sex JUST BECAUSE had to pay for that with her life.  Kirkman and Gimple have serious Madonna/whore issues

• Love 4
31 minutes ago, mightysparrow said:

I've never understood this.  Sex drives go up to '11' in times of crisis, so one would think that people would be fucking like mad in the ZA. 

It's what I've always thought. We have a bunch of young and attractive people living on top of each other 24/7. They've all lost family and all know they might die tomorrow. You'd think they'd be going at it like bunnies, if only to feel alive and to have someone's arms around them, to feel close to someone if only for the comfort factor. But no. For the most part they all seemed to be asexual, and yes, I agree Daryl has been portrayed as a neuter or a eunuch. At the beginning I thought it was because he felt too inferior to the women he'd come into contact with, but now? It's ridiculous. I know this isn't HBO and the advertisers won't allow the "F" word or show adult people as sexual beings (to adult audiences) but this is just silliness that has become glaring.

38 minutes ago, mightysparrow said:

Daryl would be up to his greasy hairline in women because he could provide protection AND squirrel meat.

Exactly. Women who may have crossed the street to avoid him pre-ZA would have completely different priorities post-ZA and would have been competed for the favours of a man who could both provide and protect.

39 minutes ago, mightysparrow said:

Kirkman and Gimple have serious Madonna/whore issues

I'm not sure what their issues are, but it's bizarre and kind of creepy for sure.

• Love 1
On 10/21/2018 at 1:36 PM, OoohMaggie said:

Cool, thanks, any idea as to the meaning of Roscoe?

Rosco Manufacturing has long been widely regarded as producing the finest barrels for firearms. (My former father-in-law who was a gun dealer told me this in the '70s. IIRC the word "gat" was also commonly used and came from Gatling gun). '30s/'40s author/playwright and screenwriter Damon Runyon is usually credited with coining the term Roscoe as crooks-and-gangsters slang; he was also a baseball and boxing sportswriter. I've not read anything by Runyon, just heard of him. I don't know how the "e" came to be added to the end of Rosco, or whether it was intentional on Runyon's part (copyright/reputation issue?) or an often repeated spelling error by others. 

Edited by suomi
typo
  • Love 3
13 hours ago, suomi said:

Rosco Manufacturing has long been widely regarded as producing the finest barrels for firearms.

Thanks, the only Roscoe I’d ever heard of was ‘P Coltrane’, the idiot Sheriff in Dukes Of Hazard, I’m glad there was no connection lol

• Love 2
Just now, Timetoread said:

I'm hoping that Daryl will be grunting in that language everybody understands!  Wink wink!

With respect to THAT universal language, I’m sure Connie can grunt right the hell back. 😉

• LOL 2

What is it with all the grunting conversation? last night at the bar, we were wondering why you always hear about people being "disgruntled," but you never hear of anyone being "gruntled." We toyed with the idea that "gruntled" means happy, but eventually concluded that it is an adverb or a past-tense verb. To "gruntle" is to have hard, sweaty, grunting "Frankenstein and Catwoman stuck in an elevator during sweeps week" kind of sex. If you've gruntled recently, then you're gruntled. But if you haven't... well, that's why you've got all those disgruntled little incel twerps running around shooting people.

I still believe Daryl to be asexual, or perhaps impotent. However, if I am wrong, and he does have sex, I'm pretty sure he' a gruntler. Connie, I'm not quite sure. I just hope she doesn't bring that notebook into bed with her.

Daryl: Urrggggh! Mmmmf! Arrrooga! Mmmmmrooomf!

Dog: Roomf!

Connie: Scribble, scribble, scribble...

Daryl: Arrrroooomfuggumba... huh? What's this say? " Oh hell yeah. Do that shit harder. Make me look like your hair." Um. Okay. Unnnnngoobagoobagoobaroomf!

• LOL 3
7 hours ago, CletusMusashi said:

Daryl: Urrggggh! Mmmmf! Arrrooga! Mmmmmrooomf!

Daryl: Arrrroooomfuggumba... huh? What's this say? " Oh hell yeah. Do that shit harder. Make me look like your hair." Um. Okay. Unnnnngoobagoobagoobaroomf!

If only this show were on HBO, so we could see this shit going down. Or whatever. 

• LOL 1