Type keyword(s) to search

Hailing Frequencies Open: Media Articles, Casting News, Scheduling

• Start Topic

14 minutes ago, Maverick said:

Is  that the dude from the Arby's commercials?   And the Tribbles are vicious now?   I hate prequels.

I think so. He really sounds like him in the scene where he is yelling. 

I think the "eat you alive" comment was said in jest. At least I hope so.

On 1/24/2020 at 11:49 AM, diebartdie said:

I might have missed it somewhere but, could anyone tell me when season 3 begins airing (in North America)?

Best guess is it won't come on until Star Trek: Picard ends it's season.

(edited)

https://tvline.com/2020/05/15/star-trek-strange-new-worlds-discovery-spinoff-pike-spock-number-one/

Pike, hairy-Spock and Number One get their own Discovery spinoff.

I literally cannot wait, as I was so impressed by them all during their run on Discovery. 

This is, quite honestly, the best and only good news I have heard this year!

ETA: And they promise that THIS one will be optimistic.

https://mobile.twitter.com/startrekcbs/status/1261310482926825473?ref_src=twsrc^tfw|twcamp^tweetembed|twterm^1261310482926825473&ref_url=https%3A%2F%2Fio9.gizmodo.com%2Fajax%2Finset%2Fiframe%3Fid%3Dtwitter-1261310482926825473%26autosize%3D1

Edited by Lebanna
  • Love 6
4 hours ago, Lebanna said:

https://tvline.com/2020/05/15/star-trek-strange-new-worlds-discovery-spinoff-pike-spock-number-one/

Pike, hairy-Spock and Number One get their own Discovery spinoff.

I literally cannot wait, as I was so impressed by them all during their run on Discovery. 

This is, quite honestly, the best and only good news I have heard this year!

ETA: And they promise that THIS one will be optimistic.

https://mobile.twitter.com/startrekcbs/status/1261310482926825473?ref_src=twsrc^tfw|twcamp^tweetembed|twterm^1261310482926825473&ref_url=https%3A%2F%2Fio9.gizmodo.com%2Fajax%2Finset%2Fiframe%3Fid%3Dtwitter-1261310482926825473%26autosize%3D1

I'd watch this.

(edited)

any chance we can see Kirk on that too? just dropping in from time to time? I mean when TOS starts Spock and he (and McCoy) are already pretty close friends. It'd be cool to see them become friends (for real, not whatever the Kelvin movies tried to do).

they'd need to get the casting right though. I heard a rumor somewhere they were looking at Jake Cannavale and that's a big nope from me, the guy can't act.

Edited by KatWay
  • Love 1

I think we will certainly see Kirk on SNW. At least it if runs for more than three years. 

They’re probably in about 2257 now? Isn’t that about the same time as Kirk is a little baby officer on the Farragut? So he’s around, probably moving on from that ship after that disaster. Members of the Enterprise crew will probably come across him. I wouldn’t mind.

And of course, if the show runs for the traditional 7 years, we will see him take over command from Pike in the last episode. So I think we probably have to meet him before that. 

I’d love them to run into most of the crew actually, just in passing, silly ways, perhaps without really signposting who they are. Like when the characters in ‘Lost’ were always randomly running past each other in the flashbacks. They hail another ship and Ensign Uhura answers. They meet one Dr Korby on a mission and his girlfriend starts ogling Spock and talking about how she really must join Starfleet. At this point I guess Chekov is probably about 10 years old. That could be hilarious.

• Love 1

Late to the party (had to wait for the dvd's; have one more to go in S2), but can someone please tell me why, with Burnham's rank restored, she's still bunking with an ensign? Thx  😊

2 minutes ago, janeta said:

Late to the party (had to wait for the dvd's; have one more to go in S2), but can someone please tell me why, with Burnham's rank restored, she's still bunking with an ensign? Thx  😊

Well, both of them need a friend, still need friends. 

• Love 1
On 7/21/2019 at 12:59 PM, MissLucas said:

Those glimpses of Number One and Spock in the turbolift were hilarious and made me long for a spin-off. Come on, someone - make it so!

Ha! Finally someone listened to me!

• LOL 1
  • Love 2

Comic Con is going to be free online this year due to COVID-19. This panel hasn't been assigned an official timeslot yet so be sure to check the Comic Con website in the next week or so!

LGBTQ Representation on TV
Featuring Jamie Chung (Once Upon A Time), Jamie Clayton (Roswell: New Mexico), Wilson Cruz (Star Trek: Discovery), Tatiana Maslany (Perry Mason), Anthony Rapp (Star Trek: Discovery), J. August Richards (Council of Dads, Marvel’s Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.), Harry Shum, Jr. (Shadowhunters) and Brian Michael Smith (9-1-1: Lone Star), moderated by TV Guide's Jim Halterman.

• Love 1
On 8/27/2020 at 10:12 AM, AnimeMania said:

Star Trek: Discovery Season One to air on CBS, Thursday, Sept. 24, at 10:00 PM. Prepare yourself for an influx of new viewers.

Maybe, just because nobody wanted to pay for the crappy CBS streaming service.  But I'm skeptical that network TV viewers will flock to it.  That said, maybe if the limited selection of other shows this fall leaves people desperate for new content (not a sure thing though, since Netflix, Disney+ and Hulu exist).

Also Season 1? Meh.

1 hour ago, Kromm said:

Maybe, just because nobody wanted to pay for the crappy CBS streaming service.  But I'm skeptical that network TV viewers will flock to it.  That said, maybe if the limited selection of other shows this fall leaves people desperate for new content (not a sure thing though, since Netflix, Disney+ and Hulu exist).

Also Season 1? Meh.

Since they already showed part of it on network TV before placing it on CBS All-Access, people who watched that will at least get to see how it ended.

47 minutes ago, AnimeMania said:

Since they already showed part of it on network TV before placing it on CBS All-Access, people who watched that will at least get to see how it ended.

Wasn't it only a single episode? I mean your point remains, but I'd argue they weren't that invested at that point.

They can be like me: Have their hopes raised to the skies by S1, only to have them cruelly dashed by S2, which is like one big apology for having Committed Originality ... plus Discovery just becomes the tail on the Where's Spock kite. CBS giveth, CBS taketh away big time.

• Love 1

‘It’s very beautiful, but it’s very ugly at times’: Sonequa Martin-Green and Mary Wiseman on jumping 930 years into the future with ‘Star Trek: Discovery’

Martin-Green called it “the ultimate act of selflessness. And you see us reckoning with that because it was not an easy choice. And it is not an easy healing process either.”

But what’s traumatic for the characters is invigorating for the actors who play them.

Anyone notice that The Ready Room, that ST: Picard piece of content, is doing the same thing for ST:D (also Lower Decks, but that's done with for now)?

Here are the first two Discovery centric episodes:

On 10/29/2020 at 4:10 AM, Kromm said:

Anyone notice that The Ready Room, that ST: Picard piece of content, is doing the same thing for ST:D (also Lower Decks, but that's done with for now)?

Disco always had a post-show.  They've only rebranded it.

7 hours ago, starri said:

Disco always had a post-show.  They've only rebranded it.

It wasn't with Wheaton, and through the CBS All Access YouTube Channel though, was it?  Older episodes are certainly not hosted on YouTube anymore. 

It feels less like a rebranding than a unification of all of the after shows. 

Edited by Kromm
4 hours ago, paigow said:

Nominations for Critics Choice Super AwardsAiring Jan 10 / 21

• Best Science Fiction/Fantasy Series
  • Best Actress in a Science Fiction/Fantasy Series – Sonequa Martin-Green

I didn't even know this category was a thing! Thank you @paigow. I will now scream at the sky because The Expanse isn't nominated for anything.

I am please that Patrick Stewert got a non for Star Trek Picard,

Edited by marinw
  • Love 1

So is CBS All Access being folded into (or rebranded as) Paramount+?  

Of all the streaming services I think they've had the most clever commercials but I'm still not enticed to sign up.  And seeing the first season of Discovery didn't help. 

On 2/8/2021 at 1:00 AM, Maverick said:

Of all the streaming services I think they've had the most clever commercials but I'm still not enticed to sign up.  And seeing the first season of Discovery didn't help. 

Apparently I am more devoted to star trek than Star wars, (or marvel) since I subscribe to cbs all acess, only for Trek, and not Disney. Paramount does have a lot of good movies. 

also I suspect the mandalorian and wandavision are better shows. I have a problem. Clearly. 

Edited by Affogato
On 2/8/2021 at 1:00 AM, Maverick said:

A little from both columns.  In order to compete more directly with Disney+, Peacock, and HBOMax, they've been beefing up their offerings beyond just the CBS content.  They've already added a bunch of stuff from the former Viacom cable offerings (Nickelodeon, Comedy Central, and MTV) and more movies from the Paramount back catalog.  

• Useful 1

I tried to watch something Nickelodeon recently and it told me I had to turn off my adblock...but I pay for no ads...so I'm wondering if this is some Paramount+ baloney?  Star Trek stuff seems to still work fine.

Edited by KimberStormer
On 2/11/2021 at 3:50 AM, KimberStormer said:

I tried to watch something Nickelodeon recently and it told me I had to turn off my adblock...but I pay for no ads...so I'm wondering if this is some Paramount+ baloney?  Star Trek stuff seems to still work fine.

They probably want to give you a cookie.

People who have only seen the first season of Star Trek: Discovery, now is the time to watch the rest, as well as Star Trek: Picard, Star Trek: Lower Decks, and great deal more. Paramount Plus is giving out a 30 day free trial (use the code MOUNTAIN when signing up) to any first time customers that signs up, offer ends March 31, 2021. You will have to provide payment information, but you can cancel your subscription at any time.

S4 Teaser.

Headed our way later this year.

I'm guessing the woman we see in a few of the shots is the Federation President.  She also appears to be half-Cardassian.

‘Star Trek: Discovery’ Temporarily Shuts Down Toronto Production Over Off-Set Covid Contact

As the coronavirus infections surge in and around Toronto once again, Star Trek Discovery has hit the pause button on production, initiating a two week Shut Down. Discovery is penciled in to turn the lights and phasers back on around May 6. Set to wrap production in Toronto in June, Star Trek: Discovery Season 4 is expected to launch on Paramount+ in the fourth quarter of 2021.

Although Star Trek: Strange New Worlds films in Toronto as well, they plan to continue filming.

Most Toronto businesses and locals have gone into lockdown again in the past two weeks as Covid cases has risen sharply. Across Ontario, there were 4,505 new infections in the past 24-hours, with Toronto providing most of those cases. With ICUs overwhelmed, April 23, 2021 has proven the third-highest daily case period for Ontario since the pandemic started over a year ago.