Type keyword(s) to search

Hailing Frequencies Open: Media Articles, Casting News, Scheduling

• Start Topic

Star Trek: Discovery Season Three Blu-ray Details Revealed

std-s3-full-art--1268741.jpeg?auto=webp&

Image of the Limited Edition Blu-Ray Steelbook

Star Trek: Discovery: Season Three comes to Blu-ray, DVD, and Limited Edition Blu-Ray Steelbook on July 20 and is available for pre-order. All 13 episodes are available on a four-disc collection, containing more than two hours of special features.

STAR TREK: DISCOVERY: THE VOYAGE OF SEASON 3 - Jump to the future with the crew of the Discovery as they discuss the new adventures with writers and producers, and dive into how their visions were realized by the cast, sets, costumes and props.

STUNTED - Featuring interviews with cast and stunt coordinator Christopher Maguire, fans get a behind-the-scenes look at the creation of the stunts from rehearsal to the expertise required to make them safe, believable and executed to perfection.

BEING MICHAEL BURNHAM (Exclusive) - Sonequa Martin Green takes fans on her season-long journey as Michael Burnham with her personal record of the season and this beloved character.

KENNETH MITCHELL: TO BOLDLY GO - Traditionally the man behind the mask in Discovery, Kenneth Mitchell is unveiled as Aurellio in the third season. Featuring cast and crew interviews, this emotional and intimate look touches on Kenneth’s life with ALS. Discussed on camera for the first time, the featurette highlights how Kenneth's wheelchair was included for his on-screen character, his own take on the various roles he played in Discovery and what those roles mean to the show.

BRIDGE BUILDING - Fans have been intrigued by Starship Discovery’s Bridge Crew for three seasons. Now, they can immerse themselves in all things crew-related in this behind-the-scenes look showcasing the characters and actors who bring them to life each week.

WRITER’S LOG: MICHELLE PARADISE (Exclusive) - Showrunner Michelle Paradise provides a personal log about shooting the beginning of season three in Iceland.

DELETED SCENES (Exclusive)

GAG REEL (Exclusive)

Hasn't the Section 31 show been touted for like 2 years now?   Like before they decided to do Strange New Worlds but it's already filming.  

A Starfleet Academy series has been talked about since the days of TNG.   I think one version was supposed to be set when Worf was at the Academy.   If it's a bunch of teenage melodrama I don't think it would be very interesting.

Props And Costumes From ‘Star Trek: Discovery’ Season 1 & 2 Going Up For Auction

discoauction-head2.jpg

stdisco-auction-lots_GIF.gif

ViacomCBS Consumer Products is working with the leading memorabilia auction house Prop Store to clear out some space with an online auction of over 200 props, costumes, and set decorations from seasons one and two of Star Trek: Discovery and Short Treks. The online auction will run from September 2nd to the 16th.

Some costume highlights from the auction (with estimated sale prices) include:

• Michael Burnham’s (Sonequa Martin-Green) Command uniform from season 1, est. $3,000 – $5,000
• Philippa Georgiou’s (Michelle Yeoh) Section 31 uniform from season 2, est. $3,000 – $5,000
• Christopher Pike’s (Anson Mount) Captain uniform from season 2 and Short Treks, est. $3,000 – $5,000
• Spock’s (Ethan Peck) Science uniform from season 2, est. $3,000 – $5,000
• L’Rell’s (Mary Chieffo) Hero ensemble from season 1, est. $3,000 – $5,000
• T’Kuvma’s (Chris Obi) “Battle at the Binary Stars” costume from season 1, est. $3,000 – $5,000
• Voq’s (Shazad Latif) Costume from season 1, est. $3,000 – $5,000
• Saru’s (Doug Jones) Science uniform from season 1, est. $2,500 – $3,500
• Sylvia Tilly’s (Mary Wiseman) Mirror Universe uniform from season 1, est. $2,500 – $3,500
• Paul Stamets’ (Anthony Rapp) Science uniform from seasons 1-2, est. $2,000 – $3,000
• Hugh Culber’s (Wilson Cruz) Medical uniform from seasons 1-3, est. $2,000 – $3,000

Each item comes with a Certificate of Authenticity signed by series creator Alex Kurtzman, and Prop Store.

discoauction-costumes-768x556.jpg

And some of the prop and set highlights from the auction (with estimated sale prices) include:

• “Hairy Berry” Cereal box with tribbles from Short Treks, est. $1,500 – $2,500
• Tevrin Krit’s (Harry Judge) Captain’s chair from Short Treks, est. $8,000 – $10,000
• Hero Type II phaser from season 1-3 and Short Treks, est. $8,000 – $10,000
• Rejac’s (Justin Howell) Torchbearer D’k Tahg (knife) from season 1, est. $2,000 – $3,000

discoauction-props-768x273.jpg

Nimoy COPD benefit auction

ViacomCBS and Prop Store are also auctioning two rare lots from the collection of late Star Trek actor Leonard Nimoy:

• Nimoy’s Spock (Leonard Nimoy) Ears from Star Trek Into Darkness
• A Star Trek 25th Anniversary Pinball Machine

100% of the proceeds of the Nimoy COPD benefit auction will go to the benefit of the UCLA COPD Research Program.

discoauction-nimoy.jpg

Register for chance to win a Tribble

Bidding begins at 11am EDT/8am PDT on Thursday, September 2nd, 2021, and concludes Thursday, September 16th, 2021, at 8pm EDT/5pm PDT. Fans can register now to bid in the auction and to get updates at: propstore.com/startrek. Register now for a free chance to win one of five original tribbles from Star Trek: Short Treks.

discoauction-sttribbles.jpg

I really dig the the idea that the President of the Federation is half Cardassian and half Bajoran.  And I loved the President of Ni'Var, so I'm glad she's back as well.  Especially as they appear to be rejoining.

• Love 1
On 10/9/2021 at 8:58 PM, starri said:

"Oh, David Cronenberg is back on Star Trek" is a sentence that I'd never thought I'd type.

Although, why is Detmer in a gold uniform?

TOS Sulu & Chekhov always wore gold... Why is Burnham wearing red??? If the idea is to be TNG Picard, it ended up as Project Runway.

Edited by paigow

I never sign online petitions but this one sorely tempts me.   Nearly 8000 have already signed.

Petition to designate Alex Kurtzman Star Trek shows as non-canon

Discovery is one of the most aggravating shows I have ever watched.   If it were a standalone series, unrelated to Star Trek in any way, I'd say live and let live, I just won't watch it.

Unfortunately, it's currently the standard-bearer for a series that has meant a lot to me during my lifetime (and hopefully will again at some point in the future).   I can't not watch, even though it's painful to view it through the lens of everything that has gone before.

My objections to Discovery differ from the petitioner's (Burnham as Spock's sister and the retconning of firmly established series canon are my biggest gripes, followed by uninspired casting, tedious storylines, etc).   But yes, if I could wipe Discovery from the Star Trek canon I would make it so.  

Edited by millennium
  • Applause 1

No, but I am seriously wondering if (hoping that) this has been cancelled so that they can still actually afford to pay (future Oscar winner) Michelle Yeoh’s salary for the next spin-off.

• Like 1
(edited)

Well, that's really a shame, I love this show and it's cast/characters that have rightly pushed the bounds of Star Trek and brought it back from being off the air for years with brilliant storylines despite the toxic, homophobic/racist/mysogynistic/transphobic tirades of the online fanbase.  I'm glad they're going to film additional episodes to give it a proper conclusion, and hope that new series (like Star Trek Academy which is said to be a spinoff of Discovery with some of the same characters) will be green-lit that aren't based on the dated, tired 90's trek model like STW. 

Edited by Glade
  • Like 4

I am surprised that it well end after 5 seasons, but they way things were talked about "more" Star Trek series including a spin off from Picard. It does make sense. Same happened with TNG once Voyager got the green light they knew the show was going to end by season 7. In fact many cast members thought they go on another year back in 93. So, yeah, I think it's coming down to cost and production and salaries. At least they are making sure it has a proper conclusion. 

• Like 2

5 years is pretty darn good for a streaming show; most don't seem to last beyond 3 seasons. And like other posters, I have little doubt that part of it is because they can reallocate money and other resources for the other Trek shows they want to do

On 3/2/2023 at 6:44 PM, Glade said:

Well, that's really a shame, I love this show and it's cast/characters that have rightly pushed the bounds of Star Trek and brought it back from being off the air for years with brilliant storylines despite the toxic, homophobic/racist/mysogynistic/transphobic tirades of the online fanbase.  I'm glad they're going to film additional episodes to give it a proper conclusion, and hope that new series (like Star Trek Academy which is said to be a spinoff of Discovery with some of the same characters) will be green-lit that aren't based on the dated, tired 90's trek model like STW. 

Interesting take. I feel the opposite, love SNW, only liked part of season 3 of Discovery, the rest was overly emoting exasperation. But I did watch, unlike Enterprise, that I gave up on.

Well, that's really a shame, I love this show and it's cast/characters that have rightly pushed the bounds of Star Trek and brought it back from being off the air for years with brilliant storylines despite the toxic, homophobic/racist/mysogynistic/transphobic tirades of the online fanbase.  

If hating pretty much everything Akiva Goldsman is linked to makes me toxic, so be it. The original concept was supposed to be a Junior Officer POV. Burnham was not supposed to be a Captain / Saviour figure... The Klingon storyline was idiotic and then a 1000 year time jump was needed because Discovery & Pike!Enterprise could not coexist in the same timeline for very long.

• Like 1

Starfleet Academy Series Officially Announced; and it looks like it will be a Discovery spinoff set in the 32nd century too: https://trekmovie.com/2023/03/30/breaking-star-trek-starfleet-academy-series-officially-annnounced/

There are currently no firm details about the setting, characters, or cast for the new show. However, the description of the academy being reopened “for the first time in over a century,” fits with the show being set in the 32nd century. In Discovery season 4, we found out that due to The Burn, Starfleet hadn’t had a proper academy in 125 years. Season 4 also featured a storyline with Sylvia Tilly (Mary Wiseman) leaving the USS Discovery for a position at the Academy.

• Like 3

I agree with you more than I disagree. I think Discovery moved itself into a new Galaxy, tried to have a genuinely diverse seeming population  and created some fascinating characters and situations. I like that it tried to solve problems with communication.  I liked it better once it got out of the 'current' world and into a new one. I like Michael Burnham, struggling with her savior complex, and could have seen more of her coming to terms with herself.

I don't know that much about the online fandom on this one, except for my contact here, so I'm not going to speak on that. I do think that, in general, if the patriarchal status quo is maintained on a show a lot of people will just like it better.

I felt, still feel, that (with the possible exception of prodigy) that this is a pretty solid continuation and expansion of what Roddenberry tried to do with Star Trek, diverse, hunanist and when possible understanding and nonviolent.

I'm glad it will get to end gracefully and I hope the academy show will continue the spirit of Star Trek.

• Like 4

‘Star Trek’ Unveils First Looks at ‘Discovery’ Final Season, ‘Strange New Worlds’ Musical Episode, ‘Lower Decks’ Season 4

Star Trek: Discovery Fifth/Final Season will stream on Paramount+ sometime in 2024.

Burnham and the Discovery crew are seeking “an ancient power whose very existence has been deliberately hidden for centuries.

Captain Burnham pursues Moll and L'ak by holding onto their starship while it travels at warp speed.

Capt. Michael Burnham (Sonequa Martin-Green) comes upon two mercenary scavengers, Moll (Eve Harlow) and L’ak (Elias Toufexis), who possess an artifact that Burnham is also seeking. When they escape, Burnham engages in an unconventional pursuit; she’s joined by another Starfleet captain, Rayner (Callum Keith Rennie), along with the crew of her ship, the U.S.S. Discovery — joined by Federation operative Kovich, played by director David Cronenberg.

32-Species-10-C.jpg

Captain Michael Burnham (Sonequa Martin-Green) and Cleveland “Book” Booker (David Ajala) come face to face with a dangerous creature that unexpectedly possesses the ability to cloak. While attempting to get past it, they realize it’s not alone.

Season 5 (April 2024) finds Captain Burnham and the crew of the U.S.S. Discovery uncovering a mystery that will send them on an epic adventure across the galaxy to find an ancient power whose very existence has been deliberately hidden for centuries. But there are others on the hunt as well … dangerous foes who are desperate to claim the prize for themselves and will stop at nothing to get it.

Edited by AnimeMania
  • Like 1

SXSW 2024 (March 8-16) – world premiere screening of Star Trek: Discovery Season 5 Episode 1 

DISCO_Group_Comp_F_Treatment_v2.jpg

L-R David Ajala as Book, Mary Wiseman as Tilly, Doug Jones as Saru, Sonequa Martin-Green as Burnham, Wilson Cruz as Culber, Blu Del Barrio as Adira and Callum Keith Rennie as Raynor 

New cast members:

Elias Toufexis as L’ak is a former courier turned outlaw, who is tough, impulsive and fiercely over-protective of his beloved partner, Moll. 

star-trek-discovery.jpeg

Eve Harlow as Moll, a former courier turned outlaw, who is highly intelligent and dangerous, with an impressive strategic mind and a sharp wit.

star-trek-discovery-season-5-1420x798.jp

Callum Keith Rennie as Raynor, a smart Starfleet Captain, who's crew appreciates his brilliant wartime tactics more than his peacetime brashness. Collaboration is not his strong suit, but he is trying to change.  

• Useful 1
(edited)

This may have already been posted: in Canada all the new Treks are only available on Paramount +. Frak the streaming gods.

Edited by marinw