Type keyword(s) to search

S06.E06: Always Accountable - Pre-Air Speculation and Live Chat

HalcyonDays
  • Start Topic

God damn these titles. Now I'm probably going to watch the whole episode counting everything in a muppet voice.

"One! One wonderful zombie! Ha ha ha ha ha! Two! Two wondeful zombies! Ha ha ha ha ha!"

Although maybe I can get it out of my system watching Z Nation tonight.

10K does that schtick anyhow. I might as well join him.

Edited by CletusMusashi
  • Love 5

Daryl is not interesting enough to me to carry an episode (which was proven to me with Still in season 4) so I'm not overly excited about this episode. He's been a fine right hand man, his presence in an episode is fine, but to me he's no leading man. I do enjoy Sasha and Abe but I fear it'll focus more on precious Daryl then the two of them. 

• Love 4

Here is your Pre-Air Speculation and Live Chat thread for S06.E06: Always Accountable.

Once the episode airs, head on over to this link --> S06.E06: Always Accountable to continue the discussion, as this thread closes at 10 pm.

Remember:

• Post No Spoilers (Comics, Talking Dead or Otherwise)
  • Respect Each Other
  • Always Be Civil
  •                                               Be accountable to your comments!
  • Enjoy Yourselves!

Yeah, I would have been interested if he still had the character traits that he was originally presented with. I have little interest in this emo guy. Daryl has been rewritten to be more like a teenage girl's fantasy of a bad boy than a like a rough redneck who was struggling to do the right thing.

I miss old Daryl...

• Love 14

The title sounds like the name of a song from a peppy musical. 

"And I was, (boom, boom) al-ways accountable.

In some way, (boom, boom) a tad predictable.

I'm shamblin' (boom, boom) to Alexandria.

Where (boom) Fa- (boom) -ther (boom) Pee (boom) Pants (boom) dies (boom)

In the pro-cessssssssssss.

In the process. Yeah!" [jazz hands]

[curtain]

Edited by morgankobi
  • Love 10

Accountable......

Well, I already know who won't be present in this episode. 

And sadly, FPP won't have died in process of not being both accountable or in this episode [him or Spencer (unless accountability is needed to prove he did something to benefit himself mostly, but explained in a way it sounds like it was for the good of all)].

Edited by iRarelyWatchTV36

I saw an advert for How To Get Away With Murder, where they seem to be doing their own "Who Shot J.R?" thing, with a booming voice declaring something about how we've been obsessed with this for a while now, and I was thinking, "That's a bit dramatic. I've cared more about where GLENN is, than anything on this show."

It would be nice if they don't make us wait until the end of the mid-season finale, or until next year. 

• Love 1

Is there a plot for the Alexandria storyline? I have not read the comic so I don't see where the story is going. Rick is no longer planning a hostile takeover. The Alexandria residents are falling in line. Deanna has abdicated.The zombies at the walls can't be the whole plot, can they?

Is there a plot for the Alexandria storyline? 

In a word, yes.

And if you want more, go to the spoiler thread and I'll be happy to tell you more.

Edit:

Looking back I realize that many people don't want to go to the spoiler thread for fear of being over spoiled, so I will add a broad, general spoiler here. Read on at your own peril:

The current TV show corresponds roughly to Comic edition #80. The Alexandria story line lasts through ...

the comics are currently at edition #148 and Alexandria is still an active plot point.

Edited by Bongo Fury
  • Love 1

I don't read the comics so I don't know what the storyline is but I could see them staying in Alexandria. Sure there are dangers but that is everywhere. They should be fortifying the fence, and fortifying the homes themselves. Obviously citizens should trained to fight and should always be armed. So there is lots to be done but it makes more sense to work to keep what they have there then to just hit the road again. But then, for me, indoor plumbing would be worth fighting for.

Seriously though if humanity is going to survive they need,to do what our ancestors did and settle and then build

• Love 13

I don't read the comics so I don't know what the storyline is but I could see them staying in Alexandria. Sure there are dangers but that is everywhere. They should be fortifying the fence, and fortifying the homes themselves. Obviously citizens should trained to fight and should always be armed. So there is lots to be done but it makes more sense to work to keep what they have there then to just hit the road again. But then, for me, indoor plumbing would be worth fighting for.

Seriously though if humanity is going to survive they need,to do what our ancestors did and settle and then build

Freaking A!  Being able to take a shower and flush the toilet makes Alexandria paradise as far as I am certain. However, the size of Alexandria makes it vulnerable to walkers and humans. they need better security immediately outside and inside the fence. Look outs are not enough, maybe lights at night along with the walker traps that Morgan used in Clear. I thought the prison was safe and then Phillip and his people used a truck full of walkers to break in. This could happen in Alexandria too. I don't see how they can easily protect themselves from an attack like that one.

Edited by SimoneS
  • Love 4

You do have to wonder why they wouldn't create walker traps. Both Rick and Michone saw Morgans traps. Even digging a few relatively shallow trenches. Probably would have worked better than the Walker parade

• Love 4

they could also build a big chain link fence square (Think triple size dog pen)  put a couple people inside with sharp bars and a noise thing...car alarm. set it off and start pokin'.  It would keep them off the walls and eventually thin the herd cheaply.

Maybe build a second wall or use the scoop at the tractor place to dig trenches.

• Love 2

Considering how fast he is, Porchdick Jr should be out in front of the walker parade.

Or they should sneak him outside the walls and he could lead the majority of the walker horde, that's built up around ASZ, away.  His sulky response would be very predictable, though;  "Make Enid - you know, MY girlfriend - do it".

Edited by iRarelyWatchTV36
  • Love 2

You do have to wonder why they wouldn't create walker traps. Both Rick and Michone saw Morgans traps. Even digging a few relatively shallow trenches. Probably would have worked better than the Walker parade

they could also build a big chain link fence square (Think triple size dog pen)  put a couple people inside with sharp bars and a noise thing...car alarm. set it off and start pokin'.  It would keep them off the walls and eventually thin the herd cheaply.

Maybe build a second wall or use the scoop at the tractor place to dig trenches.

I think that reason that they have not set the traps or built another fence or dug a shallow trench is that they have not had the time. It has only been a couple days since Pete and Reg were killed and they discovered the hundreds of walkers in the quarry. The bigger problem that they have is a limited amount of ammo. They cannot waste their  bullets killing the walkers in the herd, it would not work anyway. They have to find another way to get rid of them which is why Rick came up with the plan of leading them away from Alexandria. Once the herd is gone, we will see how Rick decides to defend Alexandria.

Edited by SimoneS
  • Love 4

Yeah, I would have been interested if he still had the character traits that he was originally presented with. I have little interest in this emo guy. Daryl has been rewritten to be more like a teenage girl's fantasy of a bad boy than a like a rough redneck who was struggling to do the right thing.

I miss old Daryl...

Current Daryl is essentially the Edward Cullen of the zombie apocalypse. A brooding "loner" that seems to hate everyone around him, but is just sooooo attractive. The writers, production, etc basically let Norman Reedus turn Daryl into whatever he wanted him to be and this is the shit we're stuck with.

• Love 9

I predict "Always accountable" will be a very special episode devoted to two Alexandrians we haven't met yet. In the episode they will be toiling away creating an exhaustive inventory of all the canned goods, weapons, munitions and dry socks in the town. Upon completion of this inventory, the results will be tabulated and imported into a spiffy excel spread sheet. Then a power point demonstration of how pie charts differ from actual pies with all components listed separately for each. This will then be mimeographed and distributed at yet another moonlight town meeting. As the episode draws to a close the audience will be shocked from their slumber by a loud roar from our tv sets. The roar, could that be Daryl riding up on his artisinal motorbike? No. Could it be Sasha barreling into town in her rusted jalopy she drives with her knees while leaning out the window shooting walkers with her sniper rifle in her right hand and her  stabby knife in her left (amazing cross reach she has)? No. Will it be Glenn (or zombie Glenn) staggering up to the gates covered in zombie guts (or just as zombie guts) hollering "MAGGIE" like some weird quasi-local theater production of Streetcar Named Desire? No. Unfortunately we wont get to see whatever that loud noise is, we'll have to tune in next week, As The Zombie Turns.

• Love 10

The Wolves certainly seem to have figured out how to manipulate walkers to their advantage, Morgan built an amazing walker obstacle course, so one would think Rick and company would have also figured this out. The whole plan of leading a huge parade of walkers away from Amexandria is so utterly stupid, it impacts my joy in watching the show. I cannot help but thinking that this Daryl build up will ultimately end in his death this season. Either by getting Lucille'ed, getting bitten, or some gruesome end to his life. Just have a very strong inkling Daryl is not long in that world.

• Love 1

Current Daryl is essentially the Edward Cullen of the zombie apocalypse. A brooding "loner" that seems to hate everyone around him, but is just sooooo attractive. The writers, production, etc basically let Norman Reedus turn Daryl into whatever he wanted him to be and this is the shit we're stuck with.

Unlike others, I am not a huge Daryl fan, but it simply is not true that he hates everyone around him. Yes, he was a redneck with hints of being a racist initially, but after he became resigned to Merle's departure, he became almost immediately loyal to Rick and a reliable member of the group. He has never been a big talker, but given what we know about the child abuse that he suffered and his dysfunctional relationship with Merle that seems in character. Daryl gave T Dog the antibiotics when he had that infection. Daryl shared whatever he hunted. He continued to look for Sophia when most had given up..He could have abandoned Beth, but did not. Rick could count on Daryl even he disagreed with his decisions and Daryl looked out for Rick when he was having his breakdowns. Daryl protected the Hispanic family being attacked by walkers and then refused to let Merle steal from them, and then abandoned Merle to go back the group. I think that Daryl's affection of the other survivors and compassion for strangers has been well established over all the five seasons. 

Edited by SimoneS
  • Love 13

Maybe he's going to play baseball in the woods in this episode.

• Love 3

Unlike others, I am not a huge Daryl fan, but it simply is not true that he hates everyone around him. Yes, he was a redneck with hints of being a racist initially, but after he became resigned to Merle's departure, he became almost immediately loyal to Rick and a reliable member of the group. He has never been a big talker, but given what we know about the child abuse that he suffered and his dysfunctional relationship with Merle that seems in character. Daryl gave T Dog the antibiotics when he had that infection. Daryl shared whatever he hunted. He continued to look for Sophia when most had given up..He could have abandoned Beth, but did not. Rick could count on Daryl even he disagreed with his decisions and Daryl looked out for Rick when he was having his breakdowns. Daryl protected the Hispanic family being attacked by walkers and then refused to let Merle steal from them, and then abandoned Merle to go back the group. I think that Daryl's affection of the other survivors and compassion for strangers has been well established over all the five seasons.

I totally agree that Daryl has a deep affection for the rest of his group, and it has been really interesting to watch him grow as a person. I was just making a reference to how, like Edward from Twilight, he seems to have a constantly pissed off look on his face.

Artisanal Motorbike will be the name of Daryl's "I'm not middle aged, I swear, does my hair look middle aged to you?" garage band.  

They'll play very very softly so as not to drown out Rick's shouting at them all to be quiet.

Edited by nodorothyparker
  • Love 7

Artisanal Motorbike will be the name of Daryl's "I'm not middle aged, I swear, does my hair look middle aged to you?" garage band.

They'll play very very softly so as not to drown out Rick's shouting at them all to be quiet.

They can only practice between like 4-7, because the garage is being used for school in the daytime, and the Alexandrians seem like a crowd that goes to bed when it's still kind of light out.

• Love 4

I'm looking forward to this episode.  Sasha and Abraham have become one of my favourite couples on TWD and I'm really hoping that Daryl actually gets a story line.  Lately, Daryl has just been thrown into an episode without actually DOING ANYTHING.  Daryl might be the 'cash cow' but he's not one of Gimple's favourites and it appears that Gimple only writes for his favourites or those actors that he thinks will get him that Emmy award he appears to be so desperate for.

I like Daryl and think he has a lot of potential.  Unfortunately he's become a blow-up doll for the fangirls to play with instead of a real live boy.  There was a time when Daryl was interesting, when he was becoming his own man and learning how to think for himself.  We've seen glimpses of that when Daryl basically broke ranks with Rick and Carol and I'm hoping we see more of THAT Daryl.

• Love 3

I totally agree that Daryl has a deep affection for the rest of his group, and it has been really interesting to watch him grow as a person. I was just making a reference to how, like Edward from Twilight, he seems to have a constantly pissed off look on his face.

And if he ever takes a shower, he'll sparkle.

ETA: We'll totally know its Twilight if suddenly all the Wolves are shirtless.

Edited by CletusMusashi
  • Love 4