Type keyword(s) to search

Christine Brown Woolley: Nacho Sister Wife Anymore

• Start Topic

1 hour ago, Sandy W said:

She may put some effort into achieving that natural look but it comes across as no fuss no muss.

Contrast her hairstyle with the Nellie Oleson ringlets Robyn so proudly presents.

I think she had her hair done for these photos but it does look very natural and it’s gorgeous!

• Like 8

Actually... I don't care for Christine but I do give her kuddos for coming out of that farce marriage and terrible relationship on top!

She must have been doing some marketing classes because she said goodbye and hit the ground running!

Kids, grandkids, weight loss, cooking and a new love she swathered with posts and pictures!

On the other hand those she left in her dust look broken and all used up!

I do like that she didn't do much whining.  Just moved it on out!

• Like 11
  • Applause 3
  • Love 1
On 7/24/2023 at 3:52 PM, Sandy W said:

Contrast her hairstyle with the Nellie Oleson ringlets Robyn so proudly presents.

This made me laugh so hard! But yeah, you’re spot on! Add to that the frumpy clothes and Nellie’s angry and dishonest looks! 

• Like 4
  • LOL 7
  • Love 1
On 7/24/2023 at 10:28 AM, Absolom said:

Did Christine get extensions for the photos?  It turn out lovely.

I don't know.  It looks like great hair is a thing for all her kids.  Ysabel and Aspyn particularly have gorgeous hair.

• Like 12
On 7/27/2023 at 9:25 AM, laurakaye said:

It is a nice picture.  But to be shallow, I am so tired of seeing these Z-list MLM shillers going on vacations that I have been dreaming about for most of my lifetime.

/mini-rant

I wondered if the trip was courtesy of TLC to have something to film for another season.  

• Like 7
  • Useful 2
On 7/27/2023 at 10:25 AM, laurakaye said:

It is a nice picture.  But to be shallow, I am so tired of seeing these Z-list MLM shillers going on vacations that I have been dreaming about for most of my lifetime.

/mini-rant

I'm getting a Beverly Hillbillies in London vibe. Bless their hearts.

• LOL 19

Leave it to Christine and her family to use Stonehenge as a backdrop for weird #jumpingphotos.  I get they're a "whimsical" family and all, but it's a bit odd.

And Mykelti looks like a different person.  How old are her twins?  She has dropped that baby weight and then some, and there is no way that I believe Plexus did that.  Girlfriend and Tony have been hitting the gym, same with Aspyn and Mitch.  Do the girls live near each other?  I can't remember.  Maybe they've been working out together.

• Like 17

Eh, I’ve done the Stonehenge tour a few times, and there’s always a wild cast of characters there. This isn’t even mildly odd. 50% seem to be regular tourists with group photos just standing there, 40% doing a cutesy pose like they’re standing under and holding up the top, holding a henge on their hand, jumping, etc. Then there’s always the few dressed like the Ren Faire, Outlander, or Fairy Druid Gothy something. I’m suprised Christine isnt one of those with Fairy Wings and a Stevie Nicks shawl. 

• Like 7
  • LOL 13
  • Love 1
47 minutes ago, DanaMB said:

I love that it looks like they’re all having a great time. 

I do too! I don't think it is weird at all, they are thrilled to be there. And I think they are beginning to understand just how much fun a real vacation with family can be. I'd be jumping for joy to if I were them!

• Like 14
  • Love 2
10 hours ago, ginger90 said:

84E52902-28A9-4F57-82B9-4431E31A68F2.jpeg

5E8BB6EE-09DB-4FBC-98F7-4A5AD95A8D95.jpeg

813B89EF-9BBE-4A5E-8A78-46F5E9EDE332.jpeg

27D82EB7-6625-4A65-8E64-1B88B25215E7.jpeg

F52BA84A-1971-49DD-B276-8439B0520072.jpeg

10 hours ago, suzeecat said:

very cool, I too would love to visit someday.

You should go if you can @suzeecat  I visited Stonehenge in 2012 and it’s eerily impressive yet exactly how it looks in pictures. 

They look to be having a great time. I am glad. 

• Like 10
10 hours ago, Art Of Noiz said:

David can fly!! I'm falling a lil in love with him.

I mean the bar was not set high after they way Kody treated her, but David so far has gone above and beyond to make her feel like a person who is heard and loved.

• Like 16
51 minutes ago, RazzleberryPie said:

I mean the bar was not set high after they way Kody treated her, but David so far has gone above and beyond to make her feel like a person who is heard and loved.

But we don't really know that.  We only know what we see in carefully cultivated pictures and posts.  For all we know he's just another famewhore who is in it for the exposure.

18 minutes ago, ginger90 said:

I’m playing Switzerland as far as David is concerned. I’ve heard him speak maybe 3 times, and have seen pictures and videos. That’s not enough for me.

Ditto.

• Like 7
  • Applause 2

Who are we to be judge and jury of David? IMO, as long as Christine and her kids are happy and treated right by him, that's all that should matter. 

And after being played by Kody for 20+ years, I would hope that she'd be able to recognize a fame whore a mile away.

• Like 5
  • Applause 3
  • LOL 1

Christine put up with and had six children with a man that treated her very poorly for 20 years!

She only left when he got a younger wife whom he spent all his time and love on!

Christine doesn't set the bar high and that's why many of us are wait and see on David!

• Like 13
5 hours ago, Soapy Goddess said:

Who are we to be judge and jury of David?

People that spread their lives out for the rest of the world to see have to expect to be judged. That's what they want, the notoriety opens the door to other things. There are ways to be involved in this family and not be a famewhore. Case in point, Logan and his wife.

• Like 15

I can see the thoughts that David might be a fame whore because his appearances seem "curated". But maybe this is by choice, his and Christine's. She has lived many years with her life spewed all over the TV and various SM. Maybe she just wants a real relationship/life that is theirs alone and private, as much as whatever ties TLC still has over them.

Time will tell what the truth is... I personally hope it is real and they go off into the sunset and enjoy their life and joined family in privacy, together.

• Like 13
  • Love 1

Not that I don't wish the best for them, but I personally don't trust Christine's ability to pick out the guy for her any more than I trust her ability to pick out the right dress for her.  And I don't trust a guy that is on board with staging all these lovey-dovey photos/posts deliberately designed for maximum vindictive and show-off impact.  What's in this for him if not dollar signs and the high of being in the spotlight with a woman that's all over him?  Christine's behavior is juvenile.  What is she still in high school?  In some ways she is emotionally immature, especially about romantic relationships.  I sympathize because I understand why given her limited experience and skewed indoctrination about relationships in her religious culture, but it's still not healthy or mature behavior.

I feel sorry for all of these wives because their perspective on themselves and romantic relationships has been so skewed that even coming out of that culture they are still too dysfunctional to be able to find a healthy relationship without therapy.  I don't think Christine would be ready to get into a relationship for healthy reasons until she had months or even at least a year or two of therapy.  She is obviously not over her marriage to Ko-dork and that's why she's engaging in this show-off, vindictiveness on public forums.  If she were over him she wouldn't care.  And that's why it's usually not a good idea to get involved with someone else before you've gotten to a certain level in getting over your ex. 

Plus I agree with what was said upthread about how she is breaking out like a rebel teenager finally running away from home and able to do whatever they want for the first time.  Of course they usually do the most destructive things in a reckless fashion.  And I hate to say I think this is Christine's 51 year old version of that.  It reminds me a little of the Amish kids I saw on "Breaking Amish" that broke out from their repressive religious world to the greater "English" world and got themselves in trouble because they didn't know how to navigate that world and because they were trying to make up for lost time by doing everything wild and crazy that they never were able to do before.

Not that Christine is doing anything that wild or crazy, but I think she jumped headlong into this relationship before she was ready, and that usually will mean that the man is not really right for her in some way and that she may be blinding herself to huge red flags and/or that she is using him as her "rebound person" without knowing it and will realize after a while that she has grown out of him because he wasn't really the person she wanted but was the person she needed at the time to get over her ex.  

ETA:  I also think the dreadful (pardon the expression) "mutton dressed as lamb" outfits she is choosing are evidence that she feels the need to do all the freeing things she would have wanted to do when she was young but didn't or couldn't because of her repressive religious teachings and because she was too busy being a wife and mother to participate in youthful things like revealing fashions.  I sympathize with that too, but it's no surprise to me that she is making bad choices with that too.  It shows me that she is working off some deep unfulfilled need that makes her see only the way she wants to look in an outfit and overlook the dreadfulness of those clothes.  And I worry that an analogy between that and this new man in her life might be applicable - that she is finally filling a need in him she has felt starved for most of her life and in her haste she is overlooking some huge flaws in the process that she is blind to right now, just like she is blind to the hideousness of those outfits.  It is also not lost on me that of any of the wives, her wedding dress when she married Kody was the most hideous thing I ever saw in my life.  It fit her like a sack of potatoes, and that may have been deliberate.  So these new clothes are just the opposite of that dress and her radical way of "making up" for it.  It's symbolic of everything she is doing now.  It's very sad and I hope she gets therapy soon. 

Edited by Yeah No
  • Like 5
  • Applause 14
  • Useful 2

I understand what you’re saying @Yeah No and I agree- but given that humans are humans, so long as this guy isn’t dangerous to her or Truely (and nothing would cause me to believe that he is), it’s a “well, she’s still in a better position than she was with Kody, what do we expect?”

I do wish she wasn’t MARRYING (or living with) him. Just date him at least until Truely is grown- if she still wants to marry him in 6-7yrs, the relationship will have stood the test of time. 

But Christine is from a social group where people do not date for very long- look at Gwendolyn, she and Bea have been together a little over two years and are married. Logan and Leon were outliers, I bet the rest of the kids will get married pretty quickly after they are serious with someone. 

I can see that Christine always held being a wife and a mother as a big part of her identity (more so than Janelle or Meri)- and I bet it hurts her that she’s never been legally married, this is to fix that. 

• Like 15
  • Applause 1
13 minutes ago, Scarlett45 said:

I do wish she wasn’t MARRYING him.

My husband had a 12 year old when we started dating (we still have her). We married for a variety of reasons, one of which is that’s it’s much more difficult to replicate the legal rights of a spouse without actually marrying than people think it is. We also wanted to formalize our family relationships.

Christine knows better than anyone what you miss out out on when you’re only “kind of a wife but not really.” I understand her not wanting that again. Seven years is a long time to wait and a lot can happen in that time. 

Edited by Elizzikra
  • Like 23
  • Applause 1
19 minutes ago, Elizzikra said:

My husband had a 12 year old when we started dating (we still have her). We married for a variety of reasons, one of which is that’s it’s much more difficult to replicate the legal rights of a spouse without actually marrying than people think it is. We also wanted to formalize our family relationships.

Christine knows better than anyone what you miss out out on when you’re only “kind of a wife but not really.” I understand her not wanting that again. Seven years is a long time to wait and a lot can happen in that time. 

No I get that. And I understand, people have to do what’s right for them. 

I was more coming from along the lines that she NOT try to replicate the legal rights of a spouse and bring another adult into her household with her minor child; and keep him for companionship and partnered sex until she no longer as to consider the needs of a dependent. 

• Like 1

I hate to sound like a downer, but I don't care if Christine dated this guy for 7 minutes or 7 years before marrying him.  Judging from her public behavior she's not done the inner work necessary to make a sound decision.  Some people just naturally get to that point sooner than others.  But she is coming from a background and history of a LOT of baggage that she needs to process and work through before she's ready to tie the knot with anyone and I just don't think she's there yet.  I have a lot of sympathy for her wanting to finally have a "real" marriage and to be protected legally and  recognized in the eyes of society, but the sad fact in my mind still remains that she is not ready to make a sound life decision regarding marriage until she gets further along in getting past her religious indoctrination and relationship with the kodouche.   Unfortunately for someone like her it might take longer than for most people, but that's just a sad truth I wish wasn't the case.

• Like 9
1 minute ago, Yeah No said:

I hate to sound like a downer, but I don't care if Christine dated this guy for 7 minutes or 7 years before marrying him.  Judging from her public behavior she's not done the inner work necessary to make a sound decision.  Some people just naturally get to that point sooner than others.  But she is coming from a background and history of a LOT of baggage that she needs to process and work through before she's ready to tie the knot with anyone and I just don't think she's there yet.  I have a lot of sympathy for her wanting to finally have a "real" marriage and to be protected legally and  recognized in the eyes of society, but the sad fact in my mind still remains that she is not ready to make a sound life decision regarding marriage until she gets further along in getting past her religious indoctrination and relationship with the kodouche.   Unfortunately for someone like her it might take longer than for most people, but that's just a sad truth I wish wasn't the case.

But I’m saying it’s likely 7yrs from now she is more likely to be in that emotionally healthy place. Grief takes time. She has a right to grieve the loss of her relationship with Kody and how he behaved when she left. I’m sure it was hurtful. 

Now she’s in the “‘new relationship energy” phase (it’s been less than two years, it’s new). And the social media accolades from finally leaving Kody. 

• Like 5
15 minutes ago, Scarlett45 said:

But I’m saying it’s likely 7yrs from now she is more likely to be in that emotionally healthy place. Grief takes time. She has a right to grieve the loss of her relationship with Kody and how he behaved when she left. I’m sure it was hurtful. 

Now she’s in the “‘new relationship energy” phase (it’s been less than two years, it’s new). And the social media accolades from finally leaving Kody. 

Oh I got what you meant and for the most part agree with you but I just wanted to say that  she still might not be in the best place to get married if she hasn't gotten over her stuff, and given how much stuff she needs to get over she probably needs a therapist to that.  The way she is acting out right now makes me think that she's not getting there too well on her own.  With the right therapist she might not need more than a couple of years to be ready.  At 51 life feels shorter and I personally wouldn't want to wait 7 years to be ready to marry again.  If a therapist can accelerate the process that would be the best thing for her.

• Like 5
31 minutes ago, Yeah No said:

Oh I got what you meant and for the most part agree with you but I just wanted to say that  she still might not be in the best place to get married if she hasn't gotten over her stuff, and given how much stuff she needs to get over she probably needs a therapist to that.  The way she is acting out right now makes me think that she's not getting there too well on her own.  With the right therapist she might not need more than a couple of years to be ready.  At 51 life feels shorter and I personally wouldn't want to wait 7 years to be ready to marry again.  If a therapist can accelerate the process that would be the best thing for her.

Ah gotcha. Yeah we are aligned in our thinking. 

• Like 3

I have no way of knowing this, but from the way Christine has handled her breakup with douchebag Kootie, it seems to me she has been in therapy.  She let him make a jackass of himself on camera, and just let him rant and rave.  No arguing with the idiot, she just let him look like the damned fool he really is (and probably has been, since "day one.")

I hope the newish relationship gives her what she's been missing, and that she continues to be in therapy (if my hunch is right.)  

• Like 17
  • Love 1
21 hours ago, Gramto6 said:

I can see the thoughts that David might be a fame whore because his appearances seem "curated". But maybe this is by choice, his and Christine's. She has lived many years with her life spewed all over the TV and various SM. Maybe she just wants a real relationship/life that is theirs alone and private, as much as whatever ties TLC still has over them.

Time will tell what the truth is... I personally hope it is real and they go off into the sunset and enjoy their life and joined family in privacy, together.

Absolutely 100% to wanting a real relationship that is hers alone (i.e. a monogamous one, without a bunch of sister wives). But private? No.

She may be bound to TLC when it comes to the show and being filmed, but whatever she posts on SM, which is a lot, is her own doing. Christine doesn't do private; she shares....

• Like 11

"I enjoy living my life to the fullest"/  "Living my best life".  "Living my why".  Blah, blah, blah.

Apparently the rest of us dolts are just slugging along eking out an existence since we don't have anything to shill or plaster on SM.

Barf.

• Like 3
  • Wink 1
  • LOL 13
  • Love 1