Type keyword(s) to search

Christine Brown Woolley: Nacho Sister Wife Anymore

• Start Topic

Christine was basically a stay at home mom. She only had some low paying jobs in the years before the show.

She didn't leave her marriage with much money considering how long she was in it.

She's basically starting to support herself at 50. She has to provide for Truley and save enough to provide through retirement. She doesn't have a lot of time.

There is enough information out there warning people about MLMs. If people are stupid enough to join her downline, it's their own fault. Adults have responsibility for their own actions. It's not like these people joining MLMs are children.

Christine's best skill is being a public figure and she's using that skill to provide for herself and Truley. I see nothing wrong with that.

If people don't like her, they don't have to pay attention to her. She's not twisting anyone's arm.

• Like 21
10 minutes ago, MaddyMaeboxerbabe said:

I think Christine has been supporting herself for 10 years with the show and multiple MLMs.  She was able to buy several expensive houses as a single woman.   

Actually all of the Browns barely made the cut in obtaining mortgages for their Vegas houses and I believe Christine was denied a mortgage on her Flagstaff home until she came up with a very sizable down payment. But I do believe she has supported herself during the Flagstaff years.

• Like 6

I think Christine has been supporting herself for 10 years with the show and multiple MLMs.  She was able to buy several expensive houses as a single woman.  

Expensive houses and trips, but no health insurance. I'm glad she has her priorities straight.

• Like 14
  • Sad 1
  • Applause 2
  • LOL 1

She, IMO, used Janelle, a very, very, lonely Janelle and even Maddie before she actually even talked to Kody about leaving. Then when Christine moved and was where she wanted to be, she moved on. Has she hung out with her BFF since she moved? Did she attend baby Joey's birth?

I don't see that she "used" anyone. I think she and Janelle developed a genuine friendship and I don't see any evidence that it hasn't continued.

she just chooses to shill MLMs like the rest of the family because it's easy,

MLMs are horrible but from everything I've read and seen about them, they aren't easy. That myth lures people in - that you can make big bucks from home while your children nap - but the LLR documentary really showed that nearly everyone involved worked 20 hours a day on them, barely broke even and then when they were failing to bring in sales, were told they weren't working hard enough. I know that Christine has something of a downline and she gets percentages from them but I still think she probably spends a lot of time and energy trying to sell that crap and keep her downline on board. I don't get the sense, in general, that Christine is lazy - just that she lacks education and concrete job experience.

She was able to buy several expensive houses as a single woman.   

I think her last house was the only one that had just her name on it. All the other houses were purchased with "family" money and there's really no telling how much of that was money Christine brought in and how much came from the other family members. Not that her work caring for the children wasn't valuable, but I don't know that she was bringing home piles of cash.

Also "able to buy" houses and "able to afford" houses are two different things. It's possible to put down a very small downpayment and structure the mortgage such that your monthly payments are lower for the first seven years. Between this, and family money helping to support her, I don't think it's solid evidence of Christine's prosperity. Plus the family conveniently moved right when those loans would have started to increase. Plus, as has been noted, the Browns have always forgone many basics - like health insurance - which makes it a whole lot easier to have money to burn on other things. 

I like Christine and I think her marriage to Kody was shit. I think she is a good mom who loves her kids and grandkids. I think she is a decent friend and a nice enough person. I'm glad she left Kody. I don't think she is a particular hero but I don't think she is a villain either. She's like a lot of people - made some good choices, made some bad choices and is just trying to get by.

• Like 13
  • Applause 4
5 minutes ago, ginger90 said:

Kody’s name was originally on it.

I'll bet he rues the day he removed his name!! With that act, he no longer had any claim on the proceeds of the sale as much as he tried to pressure Christine for $$. I'll bet Sobbyn was behind that one and she is kicking herself (in hiding, admitting no fault) for that.

• Like 5
  • LOL 5
15 minutes ago, Gramto6 said:

I'll bet he rues the day he removed his name!! With that act, he no longer had any claim on the proceeds of the sale as much as he tried to pressure Christine for $$. I'll bet Sobbyn was behind that one and she is kicking herself (in hiding, admitting no fault) for that.

I think it was a quid pro quo act. He gave up his interest in her home in exchange for her signing over her interest in Coyote Pass.

• Like 11

I like Christine and I'm happy for her. However, I do think that those messages were totally over the top for people their age. I think that they made themselves look foolish.

They should keep those sentiments between themselves in private.

• Like 24
23 minutes ago, Celia Rubenstein said:

Really, though ... did Christine not realize that stacking up her little posts about dating, etc. all one after the other with like 15 minute breaks in between would reveal this whole thing to be transparently orchestrated for maximum publicity value, and she was not being genuine with her fans at all? 

Not bright enough to know, too stupid to care.  Her adoring fans will forgive anything.  

I bet she signs all of her notes with little hearts over the "i". Flibbertigibbet and her Man (why it is capitalized is a mystery) are just embarrassing as all hell.

• Like 8
  • LOL 2
1 hour ago, Elizzikra said:

I don't see that she "used" anyone. I think she and Janelle developed a genuine friendship and I don't see any evidence that it hasn't continued.

Obviously our MMV, but here is what I'm going by...

My "evidence", such as it is, is Christine moved very late 2021 and Janelle has posted 5 non Plexus events with Christine in up until May of 2022. The only other known time they were together last year was Logan's wedding in October of 2022.

They didn't spend Thanksgiving or Christmas together which they did in 2021, Christine didn't attend Joey's birth and as far as I know Janelle wasn't at the Super Bowl party. So as far as I can tell Christine and Janelle haven't gotten together as BFF's in 9 months. 

I too think their friendship was very genuine, but it was also very purposeful from Christine's part. Now that Christine's life is more fulfilled she doesn't need Janelle anymore.

• Like 7
  • Sad 1
  • Useful 5
1 hour ago, Sandy W said:

I think it was a quid pro quo act. He gave up his interest in her home in exchange for her signing over her interest in Coyote Pass.

Yes, that is true, but the house sale would have been money in hand immediately whereas Coyote Pass isn't going to bring in any $$ for a long time (if ever).

• Like 5
  • Useful 1

Do I have my timeline correct?

Christine told Truely she and Kody divorced. Unexpectedly a month later they move. Truely starts a new school in Utah and now her mom has met her soulmate.

So from October of 2021 to February 2023 - 15 months -  or really less because I'm assuming David has been around for a bit, so in a year's time Truely went through a whole hell of a lot of changes. 

• Like 4
On 2/10/2023 at 5:15 PM, Just Wondering said:

Someone on Reddit shared the obituary site for the boyfriend’s late wife and I read in the comments that she attended mass every Saturday.

If it used the word "mass," I don't think that obituary was for Christine's boyfriend's late wife. I just saw her obit, and her funeral was held at her LDS ward.

• Like 1
  • Useful 5
23 minutes ago, ginger90 said:

His wife’s obituary? I have no words.

Agree, it seems like an invasion of privacy but I will fully admit that I also looked. Someone posted it on reddit and they took it down correctly and thankfully. I was nosey and clicked because she sadly died very young back in 2012. That's why I felt so sad when David said "Its perfect and I've never felt like this before" to Christine.

• Like 1
  • Sad 8
47 minutes ago, ginger90 said:

His wife’s obituary? I have no words.

Yeah, that's why I didn't link to it, but like @Tuxcat, I did look, mainly because I'd had the impression from that earlier "mass" comment here that perhaps the family was Catholic. The boyfriend's surname goes pretty far back in Mormon history, so I would have been surprised if they weren't some flavor of Mormonism.

23 minutes ago, Tuxcat said:

I was nosey and clicked because she sadly died very young back in 2012. That's why I felt so sad when David said "Its perfect and I've never felt like this before" to Christine.

I'm trying to give him some grace here, but that comment did make me feel sad for his late wife and their kids.

Maybe he was just excited and awkward? You can fall in love more than once in your life, and the way you feel when in love with one person may well be different than how you feel the other (not even better or worse, just different).

One of his daughters is public on TikTok. She seems to like Christine a lot.

Check out how she pronounces "amazing." I think Christine might have wound up with just the right family. 😉

• Like 7
  • Mind Blown 1

It seems that I am the only one wo doesn’t see anything out of the ordinary when it comes to Christine’s latest posts.  (Apart from the new guy of course)

Her posts are open, loud, occasionally embarrassing or annoying, very present and over enthusiastic. Basically just like the Christine we see on the show. A carefully worded, down to earth post would have grabbed my attention, not this screamy, rather annoying stuff again. 
And yes, the timing is fishy, the timeline seems odd, but isn’t that typically Brown-style either??

• Like 15

Oh my goodness, now this guy's kids are jumping into the party.

Janelle and her kids are my favorites. They always were from the very beginning of the series.

I like Christine and want her and her kids to be happy.  Sometimes though,  her and her kids, now her boyfriend and his kids, get too much.

• Like 7

I am so done, this has just gone totally off the rails. I have no desire to follow the tale of two vapid famewhores with their junior high lurrrrvvvv and the dude's kids jumping onboard for their fifteen minutes of fame. 

• Like 5
  • Wink 1
  • Applause 3
  • LOL 3

I can't imagine being in Christine's life, taught what she was about religion and marriage. Basically, she believed her salvation was dependent on polygamy, women were groomed for marriage, and if she disagreed with the patriarch, she had to change. 

She has waited to be loved her entire life. Imo, she can say whatever she wants. So could Meri for that matter, and I don't even like her.k

• Like 12
  • Applause 9

Add me to list of those who are very happy for Christine & David, and only wish them the best. I have no issues with any timeline, and make no judgment of how they feel for one another.

This is woman who was "trapped" in a loveless marriage for a very long time. Now she has someone who is giving her all the attention and love she yearned for all those years, and it's working for them. 

• Like 17
  • Applause 6
9 hours ago, Art Of Noiz said:

I can't imagine being in Christine's life, taught what she was about religion and marriage. Basically, she believed her salvation was dependent on polygamy, women were groomed for marriage, and if she disagreed with the patriarch, she had to change. 

She has waited to be loved her entire life. Imo, she can say whatever she wants. So could Meri for that matter, and I don't even like her.k

I so agree with you. For gosh sake, when she saw what her daughters marriage was like she was gobsmacked. I'm not surprised she is saying the things she is and I'm willing to cut her some.slack. I just don't like how some people are hating on her when we really don't know anything about the situation.

Ill take her behavior any day over those that looked up the wives obituary. That is seriously fucked up.

• Like 8
  • Applause 4
  • LOL 1
14 hours ago, General Days said:

You can fall in love more than once in your life, and the way you feel when in love with one person may well be different than how you feel the other (not even better or worse, just different).

This is how I took it. Saying you've "never felt this way" isn't necessarily dismissive of your prior relationship, imo. It's just... a different love.

• Like 9
  • Useful 2
  • Love 2

I was just thinking about the boyfriend's daughter (who is in the TikTok video I embedded in a previous post).

Imagine you never watched Sister Wives, and your Dad started dating one of the women who married Kody Brown, but you didn't know which one (TO BE CLEAR: the daughter knew Dad started dating Christine -- I'm just playing "What If".)

Deciding you needed to do some research on your potential new stepmother, you check out the show.

I can only imagine that by the end of season 17, you are absolutely praying that Dad's new honey is either Christine or Janelle.

• Like 4
  • LOL 12
9 hours ago, Soapy Goddess said:

Add me to list of those who are very happy for Christine & David, and only wish them the best. I have no issues with any timeline, and make no judgment of how they feel for one another.

This is woman who was "trapped" in a loveless marriage for a very long time. Now she has someone who is giving her all the attention and love she yearned for all those years, and it's working for them. 

I don't begrudge Christine finally finding love after all these years, even if she has made me cringe with second hand embarrassment at her gushy schoolgirl proclamations.  I understand she is new at this. 

My problem with Christine is that she has been manipulative and dishonest. Two weeks ago she asked for dating advice and this week it's revealed she's been with this guy long enough to proclaim him her king and soulmate.  Social media accounts have been overhauled, kids are rolling out PR campaigns. It sours me on her because in the dumpster fire of dishonesty this show has been revealed to be, I still believed Christine's journey to find happiness was legit. I was here for it.  I was rooting for her as much as everyone else.

But now it's obvious she's been twisting things in order to maximize interest in her personal story. To say I don't trust her any more would be making too much of it - this is just some reality show pseudo-drama and I'm not losing any sleep over it.  But I have definitely downgraded Christine in the integrity department, to the point that I find myself rolling my eyes her little love affair.  

I do hope for her sake it's the real deal.  But I can't be bothered to put any energy into cheering on what now feels like it might be more Brown family fiction.  It's all just snark fodder to me now.  

4 hours ago, SilverLake0315 said:

This is how I took it. Saying you've "never felt this way" isn't necessarily dismissive of your prior relationship, imo. It's just... a different love.

It would hurt my feelings if my father said that about a new relationship after my mother passed away.  

5 hours ago, MsMalin said:

Ill take her behavior any day over those that looked up the wives obituary. That is seriously fucked up.

King David has flung himself full force into the world of reality television famewhoredom ... people are going to be curious about his past.  An obituary is an open public published document just the same as a wedding or birth announcement or bankruptcy filing or driving record, all things regularly looked up and discussed here every day.  

Edited by Celia Rubenstein
  • Like 7
  • Applause 14

To those who seem angry that Christine is gushing like a high schooler over her new boyfriend, she IS sort of thwarted in the relationship department. She was married off at a young age from one cult into another, and she didn't date like normal girls do when they're younger. So yea, she likely has never had this experience and these feelings before. Is it cringey? Yeah it sort of is. Do I hate on her for it? No way, she was in a fucking CULT. I'll give her a wide pass for this public schmoopiness. 

It is sad to me that so many women want to tear down a fellow woman who has had a pretty messed up life and has now managed to make chicken salad put of a lifetime of chicken shit. The old adage 'Walk a mile in their moccasins' comes to mind. If anyone complaining about Christine's choices in making a living or how she chooses to publicize her new monogamous relationship was in the same situation with the same history as Christine, just know I would be cheering YOU on too, because I would want you to find your own happiness, peace, and love.

• Like 15
  • Applause 5
  • Love 2

I'm not out to tear Christine down.  I certainly don't hate her (even though I've always known she was fake as a three dollar bill).  I just didn't think she was so calculated.  It makes me wonder ... 

Did she sign up with that "brand manager" person/outfit that people were talking about here?  The outfit Janelle hired, I think.  I wonder if this ... campaign (I guess you could call it that) is some of their handiwork.  It sure is sloppy if it is.  Christine should demand her money back.  

Her love train is teetering on the tracks about to roll into the gulch, lol! 

• Like 13
6 minutes ago, Celia Rubenstein said:

I'm not out to tear Christine down.  I certainly don't hate her (even though I've always known she was fake as a three dollar bill).  I just didn't think she was so calculated.  It makes me wonder ... 

Did she sign up with that "brand manager" person/outfit that people were talking about here?  The outfit Janelle hired, I think.  I wonder if this ... campaign (I guess you could call it that) is some of their handiwork.  It sure is sloppy if it is.  Christine should demand her money back.  

Her love train is teetering on the tracks about to roll into the gulch, lol! 

She would not be above hiring someone to coach her thru rough patches. 

It was fairly obvious when she made her big "I'm leaving" announcement on the patio that someone given her calm, reasoned responses to Kody's anticipated irrational behavior.

She should have employed whoever that was again to suggest ways to handle this latest announcement.  In the first instance she came out looking like a winner. Not so much this time.

• Like 9
  • Applause 2
  • Useful 2

Christine has always seemed to me, to be gushy and over the top, especially alongside laid-back Janelle.  Remember when she was running around like her ass was afire before Aspyn's wedding? 

She wasn't called Sparkle Pony for nothing.  I hope she's as happy as she posts.  I'll give her slack, just because she has another chance in finding love.  Kootie was a complete shit to her for a long time, making cruel remarks about her, and seemingly ignoring her legitimate needs and those of her children.  

• Like 16

I fully agree with Celia and Sandy here.  Christine has always been one of the most popular Browns out here and most people wish her well. It’s just their annoying habit to turn every single opportunity into either a money making machine or an attention grabbing show. 

• Like 14
11 minutes ago, xwordfanatik said:

Christine has always seemed to me, to be gushy and over the top, especially alongside laid-back Janelle.

I agree, it certainly isn't the first time that Christine made herself look foolish with her over the top approach to things.

I wouldn't have expected it from the guy though.

Be that as it may, I'm happy for them and wish them well.

• Like 10
3 hours ago, Celia Rubenstein said:

King David has flung himself full force into the world of reality television famewhoredom ... people are going to be curious about his past.  An obituary is an open public published document just the same as a wedding or birth announcement or bankruptcy filing or driving record, all things regularly looked up and discussed here every day.

Yeah, exactly. The obit could have just simply been found by googling him. My 78 year old father, who had recently lost his wife, moved down to Florida and met a woman online. Six weeks later, I was included on a group email from HER with a picture of them taken by the JP who just married them. A bit of a shock. So yeah, I immediately googled her and the first thing to pop up was one of her late husbands' obit because she was listed in it.

• Like 3
  • Mind Blown 3
On 2/15/2023 at 10:08 AM, GeeGolly said:

I think everyone is happy Christine left Kody and I think everyone is apprehensively happy she's found a new love interest.

Christine and Janelle are much easier to like than Meri - no doubt. I wonder if Christine was the one who was catfished then pushed aside by the family if she'd still get all the love and support from viewers? I think she would. I also wonder if Meri was the one to leave and find a new boyfriend, if she'd still get all the hate. I think she would. 

I wish the best for the OG3. They all chose a lifestyle that was bound to fail and they somehow how managed to come out somewhat whole on the other side. Kudos to them! But I'm going to call it like I see it and I see Meri as a defensive cold bitch who picked herself up on her own and made a life for herself. I see Christine as a bubbly warm woman who calculatingly used family members to prop herself up as she left a shitty marriage. And I see Janelle as a sweet laid back woman who is a little slow on the uptake, and the one who has kind of been left behind. One thing these three women have in common is their mastery of manipulation. IMO, they are all worthy of applause, but at the same they all should be held accountable of their non-applause worthy behavior whether we like them or not.

For real. Meri is quite difficult to like, mainly due to her propensity for lying, crying, and manipulating to get her way. 

Had Christine been catfished, I dunno. I guess it would have depended on how honest she was about it or if she would have manipulated the narrative like Meri did. 

• Like 5
  • Useful 1
3 hours ago, Celia Rubenstein said:

It would hurt my feelings if my father said that about a new relationship after my mother passed away. 

I can see where that seems a solid assumption but from lived experience…

My husband has a daughter from a prior marriage. He loved his ex but she and the relationship were troubled and she died when my daughter was young. I came along about 7 years later. My husband frequently says I am the love of his life and he is the happiest now he has ever been. He is not insensitive and he is very close to his daughter. She is not hurt when he makes these types of statements. She is happy to see him happy and she knows that the relationship between her parents was beyond repair even before her mom died.

FWIW, we were married one year after our first date.

Edited by Elizzikra
  • Like 9
  • Love 4

The world is full of yes men, and I'm not one of them. If you're my friend and you're acting a fool I will tell you. I will shop with you and if "looking fat" in clothes is something you don't want, I'll be in the dressing room telling you which clothes don't flatter your figure. I will also build you up and remind you of how wonderful you are and I would absolutely never make a negative comment on anything you can't change. Thankfully I have great friends that do the same for me too.

Pointing out when the OG3, Robyn or Kody is acting a fool is fair game. I have not seen one post that wishes anything bad for Christine or Janelle. 

• Like 11
  • Thanks 1

I agree with others here that Christine has at least now this new man for awhile, perhaps even being friends with him before the official announcement of her split from Kody.
I think that Kody knew or had an inkling that someone may have been waiting in the wings and that was one of the reasons he went so nuts about Christine leaving— just my speculation, of course.

Christine’s post about her BF was a little OTT and a bit cringey but she’s still in the “honeymoon phase” of the relationship. Also, Christine tended to be OTT and cringey in the past— so it’s just who she is.

At any rate, I hope this guy is sincere and Christine is finally having a bit of fun and romance.

• Like 19
4 hours ago, gingerella said:

It is sad to me that so many women want to tear down a fellow woman who has had a pretty messed up life and has now managed to make chicken salad put of a lifetime of chicken shit. The old adage 'Walk a mile in their moccasins' comes to mind. If anyone complaining about Christine's choices in making a living or how she chooses to publicize her new monogamous relationship was in the same situation with the same history as Christine, just know I would be cheering YOU on too, because I would want you to find your own happiness, peace, and love.

I love you for saying this. I've been thinking about this topic a lot today...probably more than I should have.

For crying out loud, she was married to a guy who proclaimed on national tv that he was not attracted to her, did not want sexual relations, was repelled by her eating nachos, did not want to accompany his daughter for a.serious operation and so much more. He publicly humiliated her. I don't know this new guy but it seems he is showing her respect and affection and sure, maybe she will calm down in time but it sounds like she has never been in love before. How many people here fell in love after 1 or 2 dates? It was love at first sight for me and my husband of 43 years. Maybe she is over the top but over the top happy is much better than over the top miserable.

Sorry but I still think it is creepy to look up a total strangers obit just for gossips sake. Yeah, its public record but that doesn't make it any less weird of someone to do. Not the best of intentions was it to just get dirt on someone?

Edited by MsMalin
  • Like 10
  • Applause 3
  • Love 2
18 hours ago, MsMalin said:

Sorry but I still think it is creepy to look up a total strangers obit just for gossips sake. Yeah, its public record but that doesn't make it any less weird of someone to do. Not the best of intentions was it to just get dirt on someone?

I don't know how the person found it, but my guess is they stumbled on it in a way more innocuous than that -- like Googling his name, and finding it in her death notice. 

I mean, that's what my own vanity Googles have gotten me, my name in relatives' death notices.

Edited by General Days
typos
  • Like 2
  • Useful 3
1 hour ago, Adiba said:

I agree with others here that Christine has at least now this new man for awhile, perhaps even being friends with him before the official announcement of her split from Kody.
I think that Kody knew or had an inkling that someone may have been waiting in the wings and that was one of the reasons he went so nuts about Christine leaving— just my speculation, of course.

Christine’s post about her BF was a little OTT and a bit cringey but she’s still in the “honeymoon phase” of the relationship. Also, Christine tended to be OTT and cringey in the past— so it’s just who she is.

At any rate, I hope this guy is sincere and Christine is finally having a bit of fun and romance.

Remember the scene that Kody said she could bring a new husband to live at Coyote Pass? Same cinvo he said he was worried that a new man would be after his money. 

Imo, if Kody didn't know for sure Christine had met someone, he certainly knew she could.  She's a damn good looking 50 yo 7 pregnancy/ 6 kid having  woman. No surgeries, no lip fillers, no botox. Her own natural self, with her loving spirit shining through. Kody knows at a basic level, that not everyone is threatened by that. 

• Like 21
2 hours ago, MsMalin said:

I love you for saying this. I've been thinking about this topic a lot today...probably more than I should have.

For crying out loud, she was married to a guy who proclaimed on national tv that he was not attracted to her, did not want sexual relations, was repelled by her eating nachos, did not want to accompany his daughter for a.serious operation and so much more. He publicly humiliated her. I don't know this new guy but it seems he is showing her respect and affection and sure, maybe she will calm down in time but it sounds like she has never been in love before. How many people here fell in love after 1 or 2 dates? It was love at first sight for me and my husband of 43 years. Maybe she is over the top but over the top happy is much better than over the top miserable.

Thank you for saying that, it means a lot. Women tearing down other women, especially when those women are in difficult life situations, just, uch. I'd hope that as a gender we women were better than that. Too many 'Yeah, but' and then another tear down. 

As for the people who hunt down an obit and then post about it? I have no words. 

• Like 7
  • Applause 2
  • Love 1

Mea culpa. I did search out Winn Browns' obituary only because so many were insisting he only had 2 wives. 

I knew there was a 3rd wife Bobbie, who chose not to be on camera so I referenced his obituary as proof she did exist.

• Like 17
12 hours ago, Art Of Noiz said:

Remember the scene that Kody said she could bring a new husband to live at Coyote Pass? Same cinvo he said he was worried that a new man would be after his money. 

Imo, if Kody didn't know for sure Christine had met someone, he certainly knew she could.  She's a damn good looking 50 yo 7 pregnancy/ 6 kid having  woman. No surgeries, no lip fillers, no botox. Her own natural self, with her loving spirit shining through. Kody knows at a basic level, that not everyone is threatened by that. 

Christine is a catch. She’s very attractive, and she seems really open and able to express her feeling now. The happiness and confidence ooze out of her.

I hope Kody is losing his mind. He said he never really loved Christine, but I’m betting he’s disgruntled that she’s so happy and free.

• Like 15
  • Applause 1
  • LOL 1
  • Love 1