Type keyword(s) to search

Christine Brown Woolley: Nacho Sister Wife Anymore

• Start Topic

4 hours ago, Higgins said:

Of course they are to blame , That doesn't mean other adults are blameless in the exploitation by picking on a young child.

We went through this but our adult, respectful discussion was removed.  No one is picking on any children here.   We all get along well despite differences of opinions.  A good way to make your own posting experience more pleasant is to block or ignore people who write things you do not like.  : )

• Love 14
4 hours ago, Higgins said:

Of course they are to blame , That doesn't mean other adults are blameless in the exploitation by picking on a young child.

It's quite easy to block those with whom you don't agree. Obviously not everyone shares the same opinions.

• Love 7
3 hours ago, Sandy W said:

Considering that Robyn lived in either Montana or Yoming (in Robynspell) when they were courting, I think there was a little more than a kiss on Kody's departure.  Wherever she lived, it was a several hour trip from Lehi and even the Kodester in the Roadster would not have made that a day trip.  Maybe he bunked down on Robyn's living room couch in observance of his chastity commitment but I somehow doubt that.

When Kody met Robyn and during most of their courtship she lived in St.George.  If I remember correctly I think they said it was a 3 or 4 hour drive from Lehi.  By the time Christine had Truely, they had moved Robyn up to Lehi and she lived in a house close to their big plig house.

They were usually very vague on Kody's travel and sleeping arrangements, but I remember getting the impression that he did overnights or even weekend's at her place before they moved her.  Christine's distress at Robyn getting so much of Kody's time was very obvious. Even Meri spoke up and said that Robyn the girlfriend didn't deserve the amount of time that she was getting.

• Useful 1
  • Love 11
36 minutes ago, Roslyn said:

When Kody met Robyn and during most of their courtship she lived in St.George.  If I remember correctly I think they said it was a 3 or 4 hour drive from Lehi.  By the time Christine had Truely, they had moved Robyn up to Lehi and she lived in a house close to their big plig house.

They were usually very vague on Kody's travel and sleeping arrangements, but I remember getting the impression that he did overnights or even weekend's at her place before they moved her.  Christine's distress at Robyn getting so much of Kody's time was very obvious. Even Meri spoke up and said that Robyn the girlfriend didn't deserve the amount of time that she was getting.

Thanks Roslyn for the St.George info.  I just googled and it' a 3 hr 52 min. trip each way, lending credence to him spending an overnighter there.

I had forgotten that Robyn had moved to Lehi by the time Truely was born, now that I think about it Robyn's house was out of Christine's sightline but I'm sure her imagination ran wild every time he pulled out of the driveway for any reason.

• Love 7
2 hours ago, Sandy W said:

I had forgotten that Robyn had moved to Lehi by the time Truely was born, now that I think about it Robyn's house was out of Christine's sightline but I'm sure her imagination ran wild every time he pulled out of the driveway for any reason.

And for good reason, since his tongue was dragging on the ground and he was panting after Robyn any time we ever saw him on camera.

Edited by Kyanight
I thought I made a boo boo but I boo booed that I made a boo boo. It's all good!
  • LOL 1
  • Love 8
4 hours ago, Sandy W said:

Thanks Roslyn for the St.George info.  I just googled and it' a 3 hr 52 min. trip each way, lending credence to him spending an overnighter there.

5 hours ago, Roslyn said:

I’m sure he stayed overnight. In the first episode he goes a courtin’ for a few days I thought? I think he mentioned she lived like 4-5 hours away. I remember him kissing the wives goodbye and Christine was very upset like ‘you can’t leave me! I need you, I could have this baby’. Then he drags Maddie and Aspyn along that time, to take care of the chin’s ‘Kidses’ while they go out to dinner and he proposes with that string and the chin’s square face is all like ‘hahahaha yeah, but where’s my real ring? I know you are a teevee star now? I’ll say yes on camera but you better cough up the diamond later.’ Anyhow I digress...

I’m sure Christine insisted he bring a kid up to Robyn’s visits like a Duggar kid accountability partner, (which he mentioned he did ‘sometimes’) but that would have been convenient anyway as they were a free babysitter, so he could obviously go out on romantic dates and get frisky in the sports car and probably still go sneak into her room when the kids went to bed or drop them off with his pawn shop friend Mykelti lived with if it was St George.  
Poor Christine, can you imagine being pregnant and hormonal thoughout that infatuation courting period!

6 hours ago, laurakaye said:

In the photo montage that Christine posted for Truely's birthday - why on earth would she post photos of her child in the hospital?  You know, that time when Truely nearly died because Kody was busy charring meat on his grill and couldn't be bothered to look in on his child, and Aspyn had to do it instead and be the one to inform her father that her youngest sister couldn't get off the couch due to weakness and dehydration?  That time?  THAT'S a memory you want to put out there on her birthday??!

These people are SO.  FREAKING.  WEIRD.  

Right?! So weird! Why memorialise the time you nearly killed your child on her birthday?  Bad taste -  just like Kodouch’s actual wedding ceremony content for Maddie, that included details of her ‘failure to thrive’ incident and emergency appendectomy. Another inappropriate occasion to bring up near death 🙄

7 hours ago, Adiba said:

I don't mind Janelle as much as others here--but she's just so...odd at times, imo. She shouldn't be giving any diet or exercise advice.

I love food, too and am a "sociable" introvert. Need my alone and quiet  time and am better one-on-one or small groups.

I know and I agree wholeheartedly about her health coach endeavours. I most definitely enjoy the snark on her!

Yes! a sociable introvert is me-to-a-T also. You wouldn’t know I’m an introvert to look at, but I definitely need my alone time and am all peopled-out after work! 

7 hours ago, Kyanight said:

I like Janelle, too.  There is just so many fun things about her to poke fun at, even as it means poking fun at myself, too.

I call the treadmill the "Dreadmill" and hate to exercise, and heaven knows I LOVE LOVE LOVE food - although I only like Fritos now and then.  Janelle and Christine are my two favorite wives.  But I do think it's kind of silly for Janelle to have her "Strive" because it's kind of.... ironic.   No, not ironic - an oxymoron?

Anyway.  I like you Sloth.  Even if you like Janelle.  😄

There certainly is plenty to snark on and despite me having a soft spot for her, I am not blind to her glaring faults and certainly appreciate (and occasionally join in with - whoops 🙊)the hilarious commentary here about her  ‘health coach’ career and sloth life. 

Anyway I like you too Kyanight. 😊  Even if you like Meri. 

Edited by Sofa Sloth
Typo
  • LOL 3
  • Love 10
On 4/15/2020 at 8:46 AM, Sandy W said:

Considering that Robyn lived in either Montana or Yoming (in Robynspell) when they were courting, I think there was a little more than a kiss on Kody's departure.  Wherever she lived, it was a several hour trip from Lehi and even the Kodester in the Roadster would not have made that a day trip.  Maybe he bunked down on Robyn's living room couch in observance of his chastity commitment but I somehow doubt that.

On 4/15/2020 at 12:09 PM, Roslyn said:

Yep they showed him staying overnight Although they didn’t say how many nights but I’m willing to bet a weekend. 
many episodes later after they have moved to Vegas Christine talks to meri about how she’s always been very angry at Robyn for getting all the attention while Truely was born and after. She felt neglected by kody big time. Meri basically just told her she’d have to get over it because kody would never realize how awful he was. 

• Love 6
6 minutes ago, Dmarie019 said:

many episodes later after they have moved to Vegas Christine talks to meri about how she’s always been very angry at Robyn for getting all the attention while Truely was born and after. She felt neglected by kody big time. Meri basically just told her she’d have to get over it because kody would never realize how awful he was

Ditto with no regrets-Robyn.

• Love 8
3 minutes ago, Kyanight said:

Ditto with no regrets-Robyn.

She did end up taking to Robyn about it. After she came to terms with it. And of course Robyn was dramatic in her talking head as always. Saying how bad she felt and Bla Bla Bla. But now I also think she had a hint of thinking Christine was being ridiculous too. 

• Love 8
On 4/14/2020 at 6:57 AM, Sandy W said:

It surprises me that they would review this episode with nostalgia.  There was so much tension with Truely's birth imminent and where is Kody?  He's settled in Robyn's love nest, several hours drive away, with his loyal wife ready to give birth to #6.

His #13.

Ysabel had braces, which surprised me at the time because I didn't think they had medical/dental insurance or would pay for it.

Edited by deirdra
  • Love 4
5 minutes ago, Dmarie019 said:

She did end up taking to Robyn about it. After she came to terms with it. And of course Robyn was dramatic in her talking head as always. Saying how bad she felt and Bla Bla Bla. But now I also think she had a hint of thinking Christine was being ridiculous too. 

Ahhh.  But if the shoe were on the OTHER foot.... and Kody was on a date with Christine (supposing she was the new hot love interest that Kody was panting over) and kissing HER when Robyn was alone in the hospital and in labor with Solomon.... I wonder how well THAT would have gone over!   😄   lol

I have a feeling Robyn wouldn't think those feelings were so ridiculous then!  😉

Just now, deirdra said:
On 4/14/2020 at 6:57 AM, Sandy W said:

It surprises me that they would review this episode with nostalgia.  There was so much tension with Truely's birth imminent and where is Kody?  He's settled in Robyn's love nest, several hours drive away, with his loyal wife ready to give birth to #6.

His #13.

Kody:  ::::Yawn:::::.  Been there, done that.    Kissing Robyn is much more fun.

• Love 11
10 hours ago, Dmarie019 said:

I remember Christine saying to Kody during that time period “I feel like you don’t even want to be with me anymore,” and he accused her of acting like a “princess” in his TH. All the blame was put on her— no validation of her feelings whatsoever.

I think Christine figured out that she had no choice but to come to terms with it and make nice with Robyn if she ever wanted any scrap of attention or affection from Kody again.

• Love 6
10 hours ago, deirdra said:

His #13.

Ysabel had braces, which surprised me at the time because I didn't think they had medical/dental insurance or would pay for it.

Single mom with 5 (almost 6) kids . . . we know they were getting food stamps (even during the first season), so they probably qualified for free/very low cost dental care through the state.

• Useful 2
  • Love 5
1 hour ago, Adiba said:

I remember Christine saying to Kody during that time period “I feel like you don’t even want to be with me anymore,” and he accused her of acting like a “princess” in his TH. All the blame was put on her— no validation of her feelings whatsoever.

I think Christine figured out that she had no choice but to come to terms with it and make nice with Robyn if she ever wanted any scrap of attention or affection from Kody again.

Years later he said it point blank on their wild and wonderful anniversary/therapy trip to Galveston. Who can forget...

"You love the family (Robyn and her kids) and I will love you"

• Love 3

If God mandated polygamy, why are these ladies allowed to protest the sight of Kody with another woman?  If their faith is based on this doctrine and they accept a man’s natural inclinations, how are they allowed to voice their displeasure?  If the teaching is true, then there should be no limit as to how many women Kody can take or how much time he bestows on each.  Even if Kody can’t afford them, they can see after themselves as shown through the examples of their forefathers who sometimes took double digit partners and only showed up to produce children.  Why are these folks allowed to morph these beliefs as they see fit for modern times?   Why are they allowed to garner viewer sympathy against a tenant of their own faith while simultaneously attempting to promote said faith?  

• Love 7
9 minutes ago, Just Wondering said:

If God mandated polygamy, why are these ladies allowed to protest the sight of Kody with another woman?  If their faith is based on this doctrine and they accept a man’s natural inclinations, how are they allowed to voice their displeasure?  If the teaching is true, then there should be no limit as to how many women Kody can take or how much time he bestows on each.  Even if Kody can’t afford them, they can see after themselves as shown through the examples of their forefathers who sometimes took double digit partners and only showed up to produce children.  Why are these folks allowed to morph these beliefs as they see fit for modern times?   Why are they allowed to garner viewer sympathy against a tenant of their own faith while simultaneously attempting to promote said faith?  

Because American polygamists make up their own rules as they see fit.  If you look at the Browns it is obvious that Kody has one wife who is Robyn.  Kody has one ex-wife who is Meri.  And Kody fathered children with two other women he considered "wives" at some point in his younger years and he excused his cheating because they were "married".  Now that he's lost interest in them (and the sex AND their kids) they are .. well.. basically not much to him.  "Moral obligations".  "Spiritual wives".  Whatever.

• Love 15
4 minutes ago, Kyanight said:

Because American polygamists make up their own rules as they see fit.  If you look at the Browns it is obvious that Kody has one wife who is Robyn.  Kody has one ex-wife who is Meri.  And Kody fathered children with two other women he considered "wives" at some point in his younger years and he excused his cheating because they were "married".  Now that he's lost interest in them (and the sex AND their kids) they are .. well.. basically not much to him.  "Moral obligations".  "Spiritual wives".  Whatever.

Right.  Well said.  But to be consistent, the ladies should expect Kody to have a favorite lover.  Jacob’s example should be enough for them since his plural setup is one of the arguments always cited in favor of polygamy.  This lifestyle made him so holy that when he assembled a caravan toward home and a possibly vengeful brother, he put two concubines some distance at the front and his favorite wife some distance at the back. Sorry, ladies, them’s the breaks.  You can either accept it or star in a reality show and reject it.  Jacob must be rolling over in his grave.   

• Useful 2
  • Love 1
23 hours ago, DakotaJustice said:

Baking soda and vinegar. Whoo hoo. Riveting. 

This is going to sound preachy and I would rather snark than be preachy.... but dayum! With the internet you could look up a TON of fun science experiments and whatnot - and the ONLY thing she thinks of doing with her kids is the old tried and true baking soda and vinegar?  But then again - at least she did that I guess.

• Love 6
12 minutes ago, Kyanight said:

This is going to sound preachy and I would rather snark than be preachy.... but dayum! With the internet you could look up a TON of fun science experiments and whatnot - and the ONLY thing she thinks of doing with her kids is the old tried and true baking soda and vinegar?  But then again - at least she did that I guess.

Yeah, my first thought, too. It was probably the easiest experiment to whip up for social media, who cares about any learning behind it /snark

• Love 4
On 4/14/2020 at 3:40 AM, Higgins said:

I hate to see a 10 yer old's physical appearance criticized. 

So in your opinion what age is okay for snarking physical appearance?

I'm not being snarky, I'm sincerely wondering what you think is appropriate.

• Love 7
On 4/16/2020 at 11:27 PM, DakotaJustice said:

Baking soda and vinegar. Whoo hoo. Riveting. 

Currently a wealth of free education online and that's the best they can do?  I bet there are tons of great materials available in Janelle's rock star pantry.  Maybe she can discover a cure for something in there.

• LOL 9
  • Love 1
2 hours ago, Kohola3 said:

Currently a wealth of free education online and that's the best they can do?  I bet there are tons of great materials available in Janelle's rock star pantry.  Maybe she can discover a cure for something in there.

Hopefully it will be cure for Robyn's constant cold sores.  Although they don't share them anymore since Kody only kisses his one "woman", this way they wouldn't have to look at Robyn's cold sores on Christmas.  Wait - I assume they all still get together for Christmas?

• Love 6
10 hours ago, Kohola3 said:

I'm not going to watch the video, but the combination of baking soda & vinegar is a common cleaning solution.  Why don't they try that sometime?

• LOL 10
  • Love 3
13 minutes ago, Grifter Lives said:

I'm not going to watch the video, but the combination of baking soda & vinegar is a common cleaning solution.  Why don't they try that sometime?

I use it pretty often to clear out my bathtub drain.

• Useful 4
  • Love 3
On 4/15/2020 at 9:41 AM, Sofa Sloth said:

really like Janelle. There. I said it. Unpopular opinion I know, others think she’s lazy

I feel the same.  I believe because of her weight and probably underlying health issues.  She is tired, which makes you lazy.  I'm the same, until I get moving and then I'm okay.  You generally start to feel better if you get a good workout in every day.  Or at least stay busy, being productive in an active way.

• Love 10
1 hour ago, Pickleinthemiddle said:

I feel the same.  I believe because of her weight and probably underlying health issues.  She is tired, which makes you lazy.  I'm the same, until I get moving and then I'm okay.  You generally start to feel better if you get a good workout in every day.  Or at least stay busy, being productive in an active way.

Yep I get it too. Stress = Tired = Lazy = Overweight and the cycle just continues.  I’m not currently overweight and I make myself work out and watch my food intake, but I’m certainly not someone who likes being active and eating healthily is not second nature to me, so I’ve been heavier before. It would be extremely easy to just succumb to complete sofa sloth laziness, if I didn’t continuously motivate myself to do the right thing, so I genuinely relate to the struggle. Given the stresses Janelle has brought into her life, I don’t really blame her for finding it hard to get out of her lifetime rut. Should she be a health coach? H-E-double-hockey-sticks NO! She should be enlisting the help of a proper one for herself and implementing some solid life changes, but I think she’s too far gone and in denial.

Back on topic -  I’m really impressed with Christine’s weight loss. I thought she was much like Janelle, in an unmotivated and stressed cycle, but she’s really done well, looks healthy and kept it off a while now. 

• Love 10
4 hours ago, Sofa Sloth said:

Back on topic -  I’m really impressed with Christine’s weight loss. I thought she was much like Janelle, in an unmotivated and stressed cycle, but she’s really done well, looks healthy and kept it off a while now. 

I don't get the sense that Christine's weight loss is driven by exercise, more likely is it that she's eating less.  Not sure if this is a mental thing (she has increased her will power) or a side effect of some type of medicine?

• Useful 1
3 minutes ago, smarty2020 said:

I don't get the sense that Christine's weight loss is driven by exercise, more likely is it that she's eating less.  Not sure if this is a mental thing (she has increased her will power) or a side effect of some type of medicine?

A while back, she mentioned a diet she was going to try, "Eating to your blood-type".  It sounded "out there" to me but if that is all she has done, the results are surprising.

• Love 6
24 minutes ago, Sandy W said:

A while back, she mentioned a diet she was going to try, "Eating to your blood-type".  It sounded "out there" to me but if that is all she has done, the results are surprising.

Eating to your blood type is a real thing.  It was recommended to me by my radiation oncologist but with blood type AB the choices were just too bizarre.  For instance, I was supposed to be eating mutton as my meat source and that's just not an option!  If she stuck to it and it worked, good for her.  But it's not so much for weight loss as for your health.

• Useful 8

I'm guessing Christine is doing some version of "eat less, exercise more" which is what works for 99 percent of the population. 

I note that she started losing weight about the time of the move from Vegas. I'm going to hazard a guess that she spent a lot of time in the air-conditioned coolness of her McMansion.  Not cutting down Vegas, but Flagstaff seems to be much more conducive to outdoor activities such as hiking, biking, etc. 

• Love 12
6 hours ago, DakotaJustice said:

I'm guessing Christine is doing some version of "eat less, exercise more" which is what works for 99 percent of the population. .

Amen to this. I’ve tried every fancy diet under the sun, sure they may all work if you stick to them, but the mathematical component of why they work is still the same, no matter the content of what you’re eating. It’s Input vs output. More food in than you need, requires more movement or you’ll gain weight. Eat less, move more. There is no backed science behind the diet Christine is doing. 

Edited by Sofa Sloth
  • Love 10
On 4/19/2020 at 9:15 AM, Sandy W said:

I remember seeing her mention that it worked really well for her.

• Useful 1
  • Love 2

OK, not seeing the connection between metal detectors and "treating the planet with love and kindness". 

And what is with all of the junk all over the place?  Looks like hillbilly heaven.

• LOL 4
  • Love 17
1 hour ago, suomi said:

Billy Goat Acres.

Perfect for goat whiskers Kootie.  But of course, he's doing his sheltering at Robyn's palatial mansion.

We don't have a young kid any more, but when we did, our yard never looked like that.  I too am puzzled by the metal detectors.  Buried treasure hunt?

• Love 6
2 hours ago, Kohola3 said:

OK, not seeing the connection between metal detectors and "treating the planet with love and kindness". 

And what is with all of the junk all over the place?  Looks like hillbilly heaven.

Hey, I found an Earth Day quarter! 🤣🤣🤣

Edited by DakotaJustice
  • LOL 8

Solitary is fine if that's one's choice.  Christine married Kootie for 1/3 of his time, and after Robyn bewitched him, she got nothing, or close to it.  

I think like her big sisters Aspyn and Mykelti, Truely's going to latch on to the first guy that gives her attention.  Daddy issues all over the place with this bunch.  😞

• Love 11

Looks like EvieK brings out the best in Axelbrush...

He has the wildest hair, like it's got a mind of its own... 

I think he'll be 3 on May 20 and he's obviously wearing a diaper...I haven't heard a peep about potty training...  I have a funny feeling that it will be an enormous challenge since they've let him run the show... Freak out and destroy the house if you don't want to do something and the parents will give in... He has them trained..... Maddie and Caleb will both be in diapers and Axel will be painting the walls with poops 💩 

There's no way they'll be able to get rid of the binkie now....  

• LOL 2
  • Love 7