Type keyword(s) to search

Janelle Brown: Smarter Than Your Average Brown (Maybe)

• Start Topic

(edited)
5 minutes ago, ginger90 said:

You mean all these years she just looked at trash and walked on by because she needed a "caretaker movement" to prod her a$$ to pick it up?  I liked the IG comment "Use Gloves", though her nails look dirtier than the trash.

Edited by deirdra
  • LOL 8
  • Love 8
4 minutes ago, deirdra said:

You mean all these years she just looked at trash and walked on by because she needed a "caretaker movement" to prod her a$$ to pick it up?  I liked the IG comment "Use Gloves", though her nails look dirtier than the trash.

Too bad her environmental conscience didn't extend to a caretaker movement in her own bathroom where she permitted her grandchild to be born.

• LOL 10
  • Love 4

Dammit, now they're sullying one of my favorite beaches!  I really wonder how much this grand vacation is costing, and who is payingk for it all.

Janelle would be the last one to wear gloves or clean her fingernails.  Judging by her filthy feet (and deplorable bathroom, as Sandy said), she's worse than hippy-dippy-urban-blighted Mariah.  Bleh!

• Love 7

I'm all for clean beaches but I am not going to pick up anyone else's trash without gloves on.

Also, since when does Janelle go to the beach?  So is the entire family at Disney?  I don't know where Huntington Beach is.  Color me confused.

• LOL 3
  • Love 4
7 minutes ago, laurakaye said:

Also, since when does Janelle go to the beach?  So is the entire family at Disney?  I don't know where Huntington Beach is.  Color me confused.

The beach is around 20 miles from Anaheim.  Since they also hit Universal Studios they seem to be touring all around the greater LA area.

• Love 7
Just now, LilWharveyGal said:

The beach is around 20 miles from Anaheim.  Since they also hit Universal Studios they seem to be touring all around the greater LA area.

Now I'm wondering if this is another TLC filmed-and-partially-paid-for family vacation.  I cannot fathom Janelle and Meri both being at the Happiest Place on Earth at the same time without trying to drown one another on the "It's a Small World" ride.

• LOL 15
  • Love 1
49 minutes ago, laurakaye said:

I'm all for clean beaches but I am not going to pick up anyone else's trash without gloves on.

Amen, sister!  Guess I've been in and around too many truckstops and run down rest areas to do it without something shielding my hands. Some folks are pretty gross!  😟

• Love 9
1 hour ago, laurakaye said:

Now I'm wondering if this is another TLC filmed-and-partially-paid-for family vacation.  I cannot fathom Janelle and Meri both being at the Happiest Place on Earth at the same time without trying to drown one another on the "It's a Small World" ride.

To be fair, everyone wants to drown themselves on the Small World ride. 

11 minutes ago, deirdra said:

I went on the "It's a small world" ride at the 1964-65 NY World's Fair and that was plenty!

I was just going to mention ^^ that my parents did that! They came home still mildly insane from the experience and you could never make my mom listen to the song, ever again. 

• LOL 7
  • Love 5
(edited)
On 6/6/2019 at 2:43 AM, ginger90 said:

This picture is ridiculous really. She’s seeking praise for picking up (less than) a handful of trash (that she admitted she would usually walk past). ‘I’m so environmentally conscious today Instagram, clap for me!’ Get back to me when you take a bag to the beach to specifically collect trash and you don’t need to document it on social media for a pat on the back Janelle, you eco warrior you. 

Edited by Sofa Sloth
  • LOL 5
  • Love 10
2 hours ago, laurakaye said:

There's no way that any of the parks are going to permit filming a show airing on a competing network. They already tried to film at Disney when they were there with the Dargers and got shut down.

• Useful 7
  • Love 2
(edited)
15 hours ago, Kohola3 said:

I wonder how many more minutes she "strolled" after the two minutes she managed to get to the beach.

I doubt she went far, for someone her size walking in loose sand would tucker her out in about 2 minutes, plus you know she does not own a bathing suit I am sure, but you know she will write another eye opening expose on the natural cures of seaweed and their gamechanger effects on her bowel movements or some bs like that

Edited by Mahamid Frauded Me
oopsie spelling
  • LOL 7
  • Love 1
58 minutes ago, Tabbygirl521 said:

I really think we should use it on terrorists rather than waterboarding or sending them to Guantanamo.  2 or 3 times around and they'll pretty much spill all their secrets.

• LOL 13
  • Love 1
15 hours ago, Tabbygirl521 said:

I was just going to mention ^^ that my parents did that! They came home still mildly insane from the experience and you could never make my mom listen to the song, ever again. 

Ha!  And I remember it as the high point of my trip to Disney World several years ago because we stupidly went in August and it mercifully allowed me to briefly escape the 345% humidity that day.

Not to harp on this family thing but I still remain shocked that Janelle and Meri both went on this Disney trip.  I feel like Meri thinks Disney is "hers," and she's not very good at sharing, as we all know.

• LOL 5
  • Love 4
1 hour ago, laurakaye said:

Not to harp on this family thing but I still remain shocked that Janelle and Meri both went on this Disney trip.  I feel like Meri thinks Disney is "hers," and she's not very good at sharing, as we all know.

It's been my experience that it's hard to find people you're intentionally looking for at a place like Disneyland.  Avoiding those you wish to avoid is easy.  LOL.

• LOL 7
  • Love 1
17 hours ago, Mahamid Frauded Me said:

I doubt she went far, for someone her size walking in loose sand would tucker her out in about 2 minutes, plus you know she does not own a bathing suit I am sure, but you know she will write another eye opening expose on the natural cures of seaweed and their gamechanger effects on her bowel movements or some bs like that

LOL.  Seaweed, the latest rock star of the BM!

Janelle didn't even go out to the beach in Hawaii, IIRC.  All I remember is she made excuses for Kootie's churlish behavior ("nobody asked my permission, so piss off") and sat on a sofa in an apron, dirty feet for all to see.  

• Love 4
20 hours ago, LilWharveyGal said:

JESUS!  That trip has to be costing thousands.  They aren't CA residents so Universal is over $100/person.  Now they may have done the group ticket pricing since there are more than 10 of them but wow.  Saving for college, weddings, paying property taxes is for the little people I guess.  Can they BE more stupid (in my best Chandler Bing voice)?

• Love 8
2 hours ago, xwordfanatik said:

Janelle didn't even go out to the beach in Hawaii, IIRC.  All I remember is she made excuses for Kootie's churlish behavior ("nobody asked my permission, so piss off") and sat on a sofa in an apron, dirty feet for all to see.  

I remember this too - she stayed behind uncharacteristically wearing an apron and - as I remember because I thought it was so weird - a long-sleeved tracksuit.  In Hawaii.  Where it's, like, hot.

• LOL 4
  • Love 3
22 hours ago, laurakaye said:

I cannot fathom Janelle and Meri both being at the Happiest Place on Earth at the same time without trying to drown one another on the "It's a Small World" ride.

Do we have any indication that they are even together?  California is a really big place, maybe they aren't within spitting distance of each other,

• Love 3
9 hours ago, Kohola3 said:

Do we have any indication that they are even together?  California is a really big place, maybe they aren't within spitting distance of each other,

Saw them together in one of Meri’s Instagram stories. They were all walking together in a group. Only wife not pictured at all in any social media posts has been Robyn.

• Love 3

Did Janelle never take Chemistry in highschool???  Of course negative ions are real.  So are positive ions.  And they don't just come from spraying/splashing water

• LOL 1
  • Love 5
2 minutes ago, deirdra said:

Did Janelle never take Chemistry in highschool???  Of course negative ions are real.  So are positive ions.  And they don't just come from spraying/splashing water

Or so it seems. 

😂😂😂

• Love 1

If one's life is overwhelming with stress, depression and low energy maybe it's time to look at the root cause rather than seeking a brief respite in the proximity of water.  Sitting by the drainage ditch at Coyote Pass won't cut it Janelle.

Janelle was wise to choose an isolated beach to contemplate how small she is in the grand scheme of life.  Had she chosen one populated by svelte young things clad in bikinis, she may have felt differently.

• LOL 13
  • Love 2

Once again, Janelle - mistress of the profound deep thought - astounds her followers with the idea that going outside is good for you.

I would love to know how many people are actually paying her for this drivel. 

• LOL 2
  • Love 10
12 minutes ago, laurakaye said:

Once again, Janelle - mistress of the profound deep thought - astounds her followers with the idea that going outside is good for you.

But this is DIFFERENT because Negative Ions.  Now that you know the real, legitimate, SCIENTIFIC reasons for going outside your life can now be changed as well!   Janelle KNOWS there are other people who NEEDED to be told WHY going outside will make you feel better.

• LOL 2
  • Love 4
12 minutes ago, LilWharveyGal said:

She didn't take Photography either.  Her pictures are always so bland and poorly composed.

Wait, you mean her pictures of random foods placed carelessly on chipped dishes doesn't inspire you to run out and buy 30 pounds of whatever latest "rockstar" she found while lounging on her shredded leather La-Z-Boy and browsing on the interwebz with a plate of peanut-butter Fritos sliding off her lap??

• LOL 7
  • Love 2
(edited)
4 hours ago, deirdra said:

Annnnnnnnnnnd that is why she looks like an incompetent ditz. She reminds me of Karen from "Mean Girls" (except Karen was adoringly likable):

Unknown.jpeg.a59c066a068374289bd462358ce08d9a.jpeg

Unknown.jpeg.ea9c5435b6300fc5b59c351de9a66a84.jpeg

Edited by TurtlePower
  • LOL 4
  • Love 2
36 minutes ago, DakotaJustice said:

I googled "Negative Ions" and right on the first page were the links to Web MD and Huffpost. 

Lol.

LOL so did I, and the Web MD post was from 2002.  

That's our Janelle, right on the cutting edge!

• LOL 15
  • Love 1
28 minutes ago, DakotaJustice said:

Next Strive post:

Water may be hydrating.

...and multi-functional.  One can imbibe it, bathe in it, brush teeth with it, swim in it, use a base ingredient for household cleaning...a true ROCK STAR!

• LOL 19
  • Love 3
9 hours ago, Sandy W said:

...and multi-functional.  One can imbibe it, bathe in it, brush teeth with it, swim in it, use a base ingredient for household cleaning...a true ROCK STAR!

News flash!!  Water can also be used to wash your feet!!!

• Useful 1
  • LOL 14
  • Love 2
(edited)
5 minutes ago, DakotaJustice said:

Spinach and watermelon?!! Gag.

And a smoothie bowl? Is that like a burrito bowl? No tortilla? 

I'm sorry but that looks nasty.

A smoothie bowl is a smoothie that is too big to fit in a glass.  Where is the protein? 3 servings of fruit is a lot of sugar.  How does she eat that without splattering glop all over herself and the recliner? That is why normal people blend everything into a drinkable smoothie.

Edited by deirdra
  • Love 3

Individually I like all of the components but together like that?  And what makes it a smoothie with crap just floating around in the bowl of blueberry soup?

And as dierdra said where's the beef protein?  None of those fruits are on the low glycemic index list.  Bananas are on the "avoid" list for diabetics and watermelon is just water and sugar.

Great coaching there, Janelle.

• LOL 2
  • Love 4
21 minutes ago, DakotaJustice said:

Spinach and watermelon?!! Gag.

And a smoothie bowl? Is that like a burrito bowl? No tortilla? 

I'm sorry but that looks nasty.

I love smoothies.  I have them at least 4 days a week.  You would have to put a gun to my head to make me eat this.

• LOL 6
  • Love 4
(edited)

I guess I thought a smoothie bowl was taking the ingredients that one might use for a smoothie and blending it so it's thick like oatmeal, putting it in a bowl and eating it with a spoon.  But Janelle's looks like liquid topped with nuts, so wouldn't one choke on the nuts if one tried to drink it?

And then she writes, "I bet you could find your own recipe on the Internet."  Once again, she's too freaking lazy to post a recipe for her followers (all 17 of them).

At this point I have put way too much thought into this.  Unlike Janelle.

Edited by laurakaye
  • LOL 7
  • Love 3