Type keyword(s) to search

Janelle Brown: Smarter Than Your Average Brown (Maybe)

• Start Topic

(edited)
52 minutes ago, TurtlePower said:

“Grind” time: This mindset of hers is disastrous. How is that inspiring? All she’s saying is “I HATE EXERCISE!” 

People do lose weight on diet alone, in fact as we already know, it’s mostly what goes in your mouth. Exercise is an added benefit. Janelle cannot exercise her weight away and she clearly hates it anyways. She probably ate it all back in one bite  

Diet is clearly the more important factor in losing weight. I do see faster results and feel better overall when I incorporate some exercise as well though. But even if you exercise regularly at a moderate or fast pace, if you then shovel in junk, the best you'll see is that maybe you will maintain your current weight or gain weight at a slower pace.

Janelle has definitely lost weight since Sister Wives first premiered. If look back on the first season, she was very big and her face was fuller. She lost a decent amount of weight when she was seeing the personal trainer, but did gain some back. She seems to be holding steady for the last couple of seasons, but if her posts are to be believed, she has to work hard to maintain her current weight. 

Edited by Gothish520
  • Love 2
4 minutes ago, Sandy W said:

Dr. Now:-Channelle who is your enabler

Kody:-I am, Kody Brown

Dr. Now:-Tere's your answer right there, drop the dork and lose 200 pounds immediately

I love that man's accent!  "Drop the dork" is perfect!

• Love 4
1 hour ago, TurtlePower said:

“Grind” time: This mindset of hers is disastrous. How is that inspiring? All she’s saying is “I HATE EXERCISE!” 

People do lose weight on diet alone, in fact as we already know, it’s mostly what goes in your mouth. Exercise is an added benefit. Janelle cannot exercise her weight away and she clearly hates it anyways. She probably ate it all back in one bite  

OR she forgot the er at the end of grind and it is time for her daily grinder (sub sandwich)?  

In case she is reading here:  Give up the ghost Janelle and just embrace your body and enjoy your fritos.  We bag on you because you are not even 1/2 assing it.  Maybe 1/4 assing it is better.

• Love 2
(edited)
2 hours ago, Gothish520 said:

Diet is clearly the more important factor in losing weight. I do see faster results and feel better overall when I incorporate some exercise as well though. But even if you exercise regularly at a moderate or fast pace, if you then shovel in junk, the best you'll see is that maybe you will maintain your current weight or gain weight at a slower pace.

This is Janelle's basic problem - she only grinds on Mondays, or occasionally tosses her yoga mat on a dirty hotel floor for 3 minutes of stretching whilst on her many trips/vacations.  Based on her posts, her eating habits are all over the place, using her latest "rockstar" ingredient du jour.  She has no particular diet that she sticks to, and I think she constantly attempts to eat somewhat healthy only to find that it doesn't fill her up so she heads off to the farmer's market for cupcakes and lemonade (as an example).

Since we know she has access to Google, you'd think she would've come across some actual real weight-loss advice by now.  Instead, she pretends that she's trying for the sake of her "health-coach" title, but based on how she looked at the last tell-all, where her stomach was literally resting on her thighs, she's heavier than she's ever been.

If she would give up the health coach facade and ask for help from an honest dietician/trainer, I would have mad respect for her.  I think a huge part of her problem too is that she's got an idiot for a "husband" and sister wives that she cannot stand.

Edited by laurakaye
  • Love 7
26 minutes ago, laurakaye said:

This is Janelle's basic problem - she only grinds on Mondays, or occasionally tosses her yoga mat on a dirty hotel floor for 3 minutes of stretching whilst on her many trips/vacations.  Based on her posts, her eating habits are all over the place, using her latest "rockstar" ingredient du jour.  She has no particular diet that she sticks to, and I think she constantly attempts to eat somewhat healthy only to find that it doesn't fill her up so she heads off to the farmer's market for cupcakes and lemonade (as an example).

Since we know she has access to Google, you'd think she would've come across some actual real weight-loss advice by now.  Instead, she pretends that she's trying for the sake of her "health-coach" title, but based on how she looked at the last tell-all, where her stomach was literally resting on her thighs, she's heavier than she's ever been.

If she would give up the health coach facade and ask for help from an honest dietician/trainer, I would have mad respect for her.  I think a huge part of her problem too is that she's got an idiot for a "husband" and sister wives that she cannot stand.

I don't think she's heavier than she's ever been, but she's gained some back since the after picture here:

bna.jpg

• Useful 1
  • Love 1

At this point, the Facebook Strive page has become people cheering for Janelle. She doesn’t interact much besides the post itself. The microwave clock post has not one reply from Janelle.

I assume she makes no money from posting on Facebook, the Strive site hasn’t been added to since May 30, 2018. No clue what her Strive story actually is at this point.

• Useful 3
22 minutes ago, ginger90 said:

At this point, the Facebook Strive page has become people cheering for Janelle. She doesn’t interact much besides the post itself. The microwave clock post has not one reply from Janelle.

I assume she makes no money from posting on Facebook, the Strive site hasn’t been added to since May 30, 2018. No clue what her Strive story actually is at this point.

Tax write off!

• Love 7
(edited)

From Strive with Janelle, on Facebook:

As I was unpacking boxes (yes I’m still at it after a year - don’t judge lol) I came across these old glasses.  I am sure they were unremarkable when my grandmother bought them for her kitchen, but in my kitchen today they have meaning.  I am not someone who keeps a lot of things like this so happening upon something I have kept is a fun moment. 

You can see that they are very warn, losing their color and so forth.  But they make me feel connected to her.  They are just things and they will eventually break, but I can treasure the tangible memory for the time being. 

Two of the teachers I have studied under , Joshua Rosenthal and John Immel both teach that connections to your roots, to our family, our neighborhoods, our traditions,  is an integral part of wellness.  And weight loss and longevity are simply by products of wellness.  

We may not all have roots that we are connected to for many reasons, so work to create community in your respective situation.  

Peace

9A51707C-BABE-47B7-9DA1-FDB55E6543E9.jpeg

Edited by ginger90
  • Love 1
(edited)
1 hour ago, ginger90 said:

From Strive with Janelle, on Facebook:

As I was unpacking boxes (yes I’m still at it after a year - don’t judge lol) I came across these old glasses.  I am sure they were unremarkable when my grandmother bought them for her kitchen, but in my kitchen today they have meaning.  I am not someone who keeps a lot of things like this so happening upon something I have kept is a fun moment. 

You can see that they are very warn, losing their color and so forth.  But they make me feel connected to her.  They are just things and they will eventually break, but I can treasure the tangible memory for the time being. 

Two of the teachers I have studied under , Joshua Rosenthal and John Immel both teach that connections to your roots, to our family, our neighborhoods, our traditions,  is an integral part of wellness.  And weight loss and longevity are simply by products of wellness.  

We may not all have roots that we are connected to for many reasons, so work to create community in your respective situation.  

Peace

9A51707C-BABE-47B7-9DA1-FDB55E6543E9.jpeg

And then, right after she took that photo, the glass on the right slipped from her fingers and broke into pieces on the ground. 

Also, those are probably boxes from the Move from Lehi.

ETA - Joshua Rosenthal probably appreciated the $5000 check in exchange for an ersatz certificate.

https://www.credentialwatch.org/reports/iin.shtml

Edited by DakotaJustice
  • LOL 6
  • Love 5

So today's Strive lesson is.....when you wait a year to unpack your house, you might come across something that has meaning.  And things that have meaning connect us to the past, which promotes wellness, and losing weight is "simply a by-product of wellness" (her words). So antiques help with losing weight?  Fascinating.

While I understand the message (convoluted as it was), it's just so much psychobabble that she  probably picked up while reading the syllabus for her online health coach classes.

I'm more disturbed that she still hasn't unpacked her boxes and she's been living in that house for a year.

• LOL 13
23 minutes ago, laurakaye said:

So today's Strive lesson is.....when you wait a year to unpack your house, you might come across something that has meaning.  And things that have meaning connect us to the past, which promotes wellness, and losing weight is "simply a by-product of wellness" (her words). So antiques help with losing weight?  Fascinating.

While I understand the message (convoluted as it was), it's just so much psychobabble that she  probably picked up while reading the syllabus for her online health coach classes.

I'm more disturbed that she still hasn't unpacked her boxes and she's been living in that house for a year.

Wellness means being alone on mother's day eating a chocolate cupcake and washing it down with lemonade then sitting in your car messing with your phone.

Apparently.

• LOL 2
  • Love 7

I don't understand her post at all (but that's nothing new.)  I have a lot of my mom and dad's old stuff, which I love, and I've gone to antique shows/shops/etc. more times than I could count.  So, why was I up to 90 lbs. overweight in my 40's and 50's?  

It's all well and good to be sentimental about the past and love old stuff, but that has zero effect on one's weight.  For crying out loud, you're not a "health coach" and I don't care what you paid for it.  Janelle, you NEED a legit health coach!  Stop pretending.

• Love 11
(edited)
7 hours ago, LilWharveyGal said:

My grandma has those glasses, too. I better warn her that if they are worn out they might break.

They probably also contain lead or cadmium.

It sounds like she hasn't seen those glasses in years. Who moves boxes of unknown stuff when Gabe was not allowed to bring his favourite possessions? 

Edited by deirdra
  • Love 5
9 minutes ago, deirdra said:

They probably also contain lead or cadmium.

It sounds like she hasn't seen those glasses in years. Who moves boxes of unknown stuff when Gabe was not allowed to bring his favourite possessions? 

Someone who really doesn't give a crap about others? 

I just flashed on that clip where Gabe is wanting to stay in Vegas and live the life he's made for himself and Janelle says something to the effect that "I want the privilege of raising MY child!" 

Me me me. 

Guess which kid she won't be seeing much of in a couple years?

• Love 12
1 hour ago, xwordfanatik said:

It's all well and good to be sentimental about the past and love old stuff, but that has zero effect on one's weight.

I was OK with the message up until then. I have my grandmother's wedding crystal which I display and never once have I equated it with weight loss.  What am I missing?

• LOL 7
13 minutes ago, Kohola3 said:

I was OK with the message up until then. I have my grandmother's wedding crystal which I display and never once have I equated it with weight loss.  What am I missing?

You mean you never made a 2000 calorie smoothie and dumped it in a crystal goblet ?  Shit, I shake up my slim fast and dump it into my 18th century Lenox china like everyday..what is wrong with you people....geez 

• LOL 19
  • Love 1
13 hours ago, Kohola3 said:

The illusion of magic, apparently. 

Janelle is always looking for something--ANYTHING--to boost her weight loss except the hard work itself. She thinks things and potions are going to make it work for her. That comes AFTER you're on the road to wellness, not while you're still trying to figure out what's wrong with your vehicle. 

It's so sad. I saw that post about the glasses and you've all covered it so nicely (and hilariously). She's like the little engine that can't because she's trying to fix all the wrong things. It certainly can't be patience and persistence in sticking with a diet; it's GOTTA be something else. 

• Love 5
(edited)

Grandma probably drank beer out of those half-pint glasses, which were common in pubs in the 1970s (now they are clear glass, not olive or harvest gold coloured).  In one pub in Scotland when we were all ordering pints, the bartender told me that half-pints were more ladylike, but I could have two.

Edited by deirdra
  • LOL 6
  • Love 2

Think for yourself Gabe and do not be indoctrinated by Kody's interpretation of the First Amendment.

"I love this man", Janelle is so grateful for a crumb of attention it's pathetic.  Shouldn't someone be out there mowing that weed thatch in the back yard? 

• LOL 8
  • Love 7
(edited)
3 minutes ago, SongbirdHollow said:

Naked Gabe. Weird picture.

In LV Savanah stayed in her room because it was too hot outside.  It appears that in Flag it is too hot inside for Gabe to wear more than his watch.  I sure hope Gabe writes the opposite of what Kody tells him on the exam so that he has a chance of passing.

Edited by deirdra
  • LOL 4
  • Love 3
18 minutes ago, ginger90 said:

I don’t find the resistance training remark funny. 

B0A26060-ABC5-4CCF-ABBC-BB3F580B5BF6.jpeg

3AA923D4-85F1-4853-A94D-7B368A47D91A.jpeg

I don't find it funny either Ginger.  Both dogs are walking her, the leash should never be that taut unless maybe they are long overdue for a potty break and they are headed for the nearest grassy area.

• Love 4
25 minutes ago, ginger90 said:

I don’t find the resistance training remark funny. 

Knowing what we do about the Brown Clowns and their history with animals (Meri's dog watching his grave being dug, Pudge and Sludge forcing their dogs to pretend to be ESA's, Christine not securing exits so the cat ends up on the roof, and now Janelle yanking the dogs by the  collar and cutting off their air) I think they should be banned from owning a live creature that requires anything resembling common sense to survive.

• Love 5
38 minutes ago, Sandy W said:

I don't find it funny either Ginger.  Both dogs are walking her, the leash should never be that taut unless maybe they are long overdue for a potty break and they are headed for the nearest grassy area.

I'm not a dog person per se but the blue collar looks a bit tight doesn't it? 

When I walk my sister's Laberdoodle, I use a harness. I think it reduces pulling.

• Love 4
5 minutes ago, DakotaJustice said:

When I walk my sister's Laberdoodle, I use a harness. I think it reduces pulling.

Yes, that collar is too tight.

I own a reformed feral and I use a harness on her. She wants to jog faster than I can walk and it's the only way to remind her to slow down without choking her. I also use a 25' reeling leash to let her have some room to move.

• Love 2

A comment answered by Janelle:

xxxxxxxxxx What is your advise to make time for yourself  when you have two young kids and a husband that works a lot.  I feel like I should be doing a million other things when I take 30-45min to walk and think about them the entire time.   I wish I could just go and relax and enjoy the walk😕

Her response:

xxxxxxxxxx I know it seems counterintuitive but the time I take for myself comes back 10 fold.  Trust me I’m not perfect at holding that space for myself every day .  But especially on the days that my head is spinning with all the things going on, or I feel overwhelmed the time out I take reconnects my body and mind and I go back into my day more whole.

• Love 2
1 hour ago, DakotaJustice said:

It seems to me that the harness is a great idea, you can guide the dog in the direction you want without choking.  Several years ago I took my dog to obedience school and the trainer corrected me for letting the dog have a tight leash.  He explained that dogs are pack animals and need a leader and that it should be the human.  The trainer felt that there should be some slack in the leash and that the dog should be at your side following your direction, rather than leading the way.

I no longer have a dog of my own but have several grand-dogs that I look after when my family vacations.  My daughter has a Jack Russell Terrier, who would take the leash in his mouth about one foot from the collar.  I thought it was a cute quirk but according to my daughter, that's a no-no, the dog now thinks that he is in charge of the walk.

• Useful 2
  • Love 4

From Strive with Janelle Facebook:

Cutting up veggies for tonight’s stir fry.  It’s early morning and these veggies are for dinner.  However after all these years I finally figured out that I can cut up veggies at any time during the day that I have a minute.  

Let’s be honest, when you are tired and under pressure to get dinner on the table, cutting up the vegetables can be a barrier to getting something healthy on the table.  Cutting them up earlier is a huge help.  

I often buy pre-cut veggies from the store.  I used to balk at paying the extra couple of dollars but realized it was better than whole bunches of veggies going to waste because I didn’t have the wherewithal to cut them up.  

But if I don’t have pre-cut then this little hack of cutting them up whenever I have a minute during the day, even if dinner is a long way off, has helped me immensely with getting healthy meals on the table when everyone is hungry and tired.

6A54B2B1-1053-47DF-AC70-5FCAAB8DDB69.jpeg

• LOL 3
  • Love 3
4 minutes ago, ginger90 said:

wherewithal

Definition of wherewithal refers to financial resources.  So she's saying she couldn't afford to cut up vegetables she already had???

And is it really a "life hack" to cut up veggies when you have time?

This woman needs someone to edit her musings so she doesn't seem to be a clueless idiot.  

• Love 15
4 hours ago, ginger90 said:

From Strive with Janelle Facebook:

Cutting up veggies for tonight’s stir fry.  It’s early morning and these veggies are for dinner.  However after all these years I finally figured out that I can cut up veggies at any time during the day that I have a minute.  

Let’s be honest, when you are tired and under pressure to get dinner on the table, cutting up the vegetables can be a barrier to getting something healthy on the table.  Cutting them up earlier is a huge help.  

I often buy pre-cut veggies from the store.  I used to balk at paying the extra couple of dollars but realized it was better than whole bunches of veggies going to waste because I didn’t have the wherewithal to cut them up.  

But if I don’t have pre-cut then this little hack of cutting them up whenever I have a minute during the day, even if dinner is a long way off, has helped me immensely with getting healthy meals on the table when everyone is hungry and tired.

6A54B2B1-1053-47DF-AC70-5FCAAB8DDB69.jpeg

She must not have time to wipe her butt after she uses the toilet because it takes me like 5 minutes MAYBE to chop up veg.

• LOL 2
  • Love 5

If Janelle wants to be taken seriously in these food blogs, she should get herself some proper equipment.  That knife may be useful for slicing and dicing but she needs a real Chef's Knife and develop some knife skills to do justice to her veggies.

• Love 2

Pro tip 1, courtesy of Mariah: you can eat leftovers in your fridge

Pro tip 2: you could also get one of those tables for invalids and cut up veggies while you are sitting on the couch or bed

• LOL 5
  • Love 2

This post and her ‘barriers’ to being healthy, reminds me of the time they were trying to set up a gym and unless Janelle could park right outside it was a ‘barrier’ to going. Now it’s chopping up veggies (and probably many more excuses not to lose weight have come up that I’ve missed).

She has got to be the most unmotivated ‘weight loss’ blogger ever. I’m sure it’s all been said in this thread before, but weight loss is achieved by working to reduce calorie consumption and moving more. In order to make this process happen, 🚨 spoiler alert Janelle🚨 You actually have to DO something to achieve it.

Anyone else fill Mariah’s (hypocritical) latest blog is throwing shade at her bonus mum Janelle? 

https://www.mariahlianbrown.com/wellness/2019/3/29/how-to-ignore-what-is-trendy-in-wellness-focus-on-what-is-important-to-you

• LOL 5
  • Love 1
17 minutes ago, Sofa Sloth said:

Anyone else fill Mariah’s (hypocritical) latest blog is throwing shade at her bonus mum Janelle? 

She certainly might be but couldn't get past the first three paragraphs - the resulting nausea was too hard to ignore.  Her blathering is absolutely senseless and mind numbing.

• LOL 5
  • Love 2
18 minutes ago, Kohola3 said:

She certainly might be but couldn't get past the first three paragraphs - the resulting nausea was too hard to ignore.  Her blathering is absolutely senseless and mind numbing.

I know! I gotta tell ya, it was a chore for me getting through that drivel. My face while reading - 

santana lopez wtf GIF

• Love 4
4 minutes ago, Sofa Sloth said:

I know! I gotta tell ya, it was a chore for me getting through that drivel. My face while reading - 

santana lopez wtf GIF

Interesting that it's dated March 2019 and that she invited comments.  To date, there have been no responses at all.

• LOL 6
On 6/29/2019 at 9:31 AM, deirdra said:

In LV Savanah stayed in her room because it was too hot outside.  It appears that in Flag it is too hot inside for Gabe to wear more than his watch.  I sure hope Gabe writes the opposite of what Kody tells him on the exam so that he has a chance of passing.

Flag is having it’s 10 or so day stretch of what is considered “hot” with highs in the low 80s. Most homes don’t have a/c so it does get hot and stuffy inside if you don’t have fans going. My kids spend lots of time shirtless. Cools off wonderfully in the evening though.

I’m guessing he’s planning on attending NAU because it’s in state and not because he’d rather be there than in Las Vegas. It appears more like he’d just rather get the heck out of Flag High which didn’t seem to be the case in LV. Agree with the comment that I hope he gets a chance to live in the dorms instead of having to live at home. 

• Love 6