Type keyword(s) to search

Meri Brown and her Wet Bar of Tears

• Start Topic

I'm gonna go out on a limb here and say she realized she was in trouble with Paypal, so she stayed up a couple of nights hammering on her keyboard and then threw in a few old screenshots from her blog to try to bring it up to the promised 200 pages. And failed. Remember the tweet about making a movie out of this? Ha ha ha ha ha ha...

I haven't read much but raced right to the end for the promised "twist". Yeah, a tattoo didn't really satisfy me. But it got me wondering whether JO actually does have a Meri tattoo. It wouldn't surprise me.

• Love 5

Just read a few pages of the Meri Manifesto...

JO/Sam claims it had sex with Meri the day before the Disney trip.  Hmmm...  If you recall the text messages from the Disneyland day, Meri had no idea what Sam looked like.

• Love 5

I'm gonna go out on a limb here and say she realized she was in trouble with Paypal, so she stayed up a couple of nights hammering on her keyboard and then threw in a few old screenshots from her blog to try to bring it up to the promised 200 pages. And failed. Remember the tweet about making a movie out of this? Ha ha ha ha ha ha...

I haven't read much but raced right to the end for the promised "twist". Yeah, a tattoo didn't really satisfy me. But it got me wondering whether JO actually does have a Meri tattoo. It wouldn't surprise me.

Yup. Even for the buyers who got books, I still see refundable rights.

1) 200 page book promised

2) new pix of S&M together

3) new content

4) delivery by 18 Jan - it appears the tome arrived for many yesterday.

Take that to Visa/MC/Amex.

"She was tired of filming schedule that wouldn't allow to take more classes than one at a time." (p. 59)

Is that even English?  Is English perhaps her second language?  Martian would be her first since she clearly isn't from this planet.

• Love 2

On the title page it says "copyright 2015" but I can't find any record of it being copyrighted on the government website I found. Funny, I had no trouble finding the copyright records for three other books from my nightstand using that site. So I'm obviously doing it right.

Apparently the lies start on the first page. What a surprise.

I have only just started skimming this mess. So there are no pictures at all in it? I imagine any moment now Sam will take to his blog to explain there is some glitch preventing the pictures from showing up. What else can he say?

Is there any mention of the sex tape they supposedly made, the one Sam posted online for the world to see (and leave reviews of on his blog site)? Or has he just completely dropped that from the story?

• Love 1

Oh no no no Celia. The photos are at the end. There might be a couple new ones but none of Sammy Boy and Meri. Since as you said they don't exist.

Apparently Overton attempted to make this into a 200 page document by having one or two screenshots of texts (that already appeared on the blog!) on a single page.

I only really skimmed it (lest I risk a migraine) but didn't see any mention of the Sex Tape. He did say he thinks that the sex details should be private so therefore they were just glossed over.

Hahahaaaa!

• Love 1

One thing I have noticed with all of Meri's texts is she never commented on any physical contact or one-on-one time with "Sam". She missed him but never commented on missing his touch or missed feeling his arms around her or anything along those lines. Big blaring hole in Overton's proof of a physical relationship with Meri. Meri only texted about talking to him.

That book read like a 13 year old girls diary. "Dear Diary, Today Meri texted me about how much she luvs me but I have to fly to Paris to work and I cant take her because the internets know about our affair due to that Kendra friend of the youngest sister wife :(  "

• Love 1

One thing I have noticed with all of Meri's texts is she never commented on any physical contact or one-on-one time with "Sam". She missed him but never commented on missing his touch or missed feeling his arms around her or anything along those lines. Big blaring hole in Overton's proof of a physical relationship with Meri. Meri only texted about talking to him. 

Furthermore, the book includes the infamous "Banana BJ" text messages from late July.  Meri does not know the size of Sam's penis on 7/27/15 but they were having sex since March?  Ok whatever.  If you were having actual sex, as "Sam" claims, then surely Meri would know if the dude was packing.

• Love 5

Euuuuwww, CofCinci, your comment about the size of Sam's knob took my mind to an icky place. A lot of what JO has written does sound like teen angst. Could it be possible that she has never been intimate with a man? Or with another person for that matter? If not, that could explain a lot! She could be getting her ideas from a cheap romance novel. I'm not sure what to believe regarding Janelle allegedly kneeing Meri in her pregnant belly- I do think Janelle may have a bad temper. If she really did do it, then that shows how much contempt these women really had for each other. And what a pussy Kody was for not intervening.

• Love 2

I only really skimmed it (lest I risk a migraine) but didn't see any mention of the Sex Tape. He did say he thinks that the sex details should be private so therefore they were just glossed over.

Hahahaaaa!

I just can't anymore....

Facepalm-Girl-300x280.png

I had to stop at page 50 when Sam started ranting about his great love of Hobby Lobby.  It's just too much to take.  I can only hear so many lies in one day and my quota was filled by 9 am.

Edited by Celia Rubenstein
  • Love 3

I just can't anymore....

Facepalm-Girl-300x280.png

I had to stop at page 50 when Sam started ranting about his great love of Hobby Lobby. It's just too much to take. I can only hear so many lies in one day and my quota was filled by 9 am.

Shit, I missed the Hobby Lobby reference! My brain shut down. What is he into - découpage? Counted Cross Stitch? Edited by DakotaJustice
  • Love 2

Shit, I missed the Hobby Lobby reference! My brain shut down. What is he into - découpage? Counted Cross Stitch?

Nah, that stuff requires some talent.  It turns out Sam simply *loves* Christmas!  Especially Christmas lights.  His house is apparently "that" house on the block.

Funny, when I was in the brand new Hobby Lobby that opened here right before Christmas last year, they had almost no lights in the store.  They had everything else on earth you could want, but apparently (at least my) HL doesn't get into selling lights.  The saleslady actually told me to hit Target for lights, HL didn't really sell them.  I wonder why Sam would be touting Hobby Lobby's selection of Christmas lights then?

A quick google reveals our Meri just happens to *love* Hobby Lobby, too.  Imagine that.  I'm sure Sam mentioning HL is not a dig at Meri or anything. It's just a random coincidence.  Yeah. 

Sarcasm aside ... why keep making these silly references and claims to enjoy things Meri is known to like?  Is it just to irritate her?  Does the Batfish think mentioning these things is going to make Meri pine after Sam?  All it does is come off as passive aggressive and phony.  But I guess that fits right in with the rest of the Batfish's act, doesn't it?

• Love 2

Sarcasm aside ... why keep making these silly references and claims to enjoy things Meri is known to like?  Is it just to irritate her?  Does the Batfish think mentioning these things is going to make Meri pine after Sam?  All it does is come off as passive aggressive and phony.  But I guess that fits right in with the rest of the Batfish's act, doesn't it?

That's a great question.

Curious, I researched the original 'Catfish', Angela Wesselman.  Turns out that she continued with the rouse even when everyone knew the truth:

After the cameras stopped rolling and the truth came out, Wesselman said she continued to send Schulman e-mails attached to fake identities.

"I just couldn't let it go," she said, adding that she attempted suicide as a way out.

"It took months of counseling afterwards to really point out how far I had immersed myself into that ... and that I couldn't get out of it on my own," she said. "And I had to get help to stop it."

Now, her husband and friends monitor all of her e-mails and time online. She insists that she's not engaged in any fake online relationships.

• Love 3

So, NextPress/Next Press Publishing?

http://www.everywritersresource.com/bookpublishers/2012/08/next-press/

Check out the status of the website.

Every reputable business operates (or operatED) with a gmail address, too.

Oh, and I was so distracted by the DEFUNCT website that I missed the business address. Y'all will loooooooooove that.

I saw that, too, although all of JO's literary ventures are so recent I doubt there is any connection. There is also a Next Press in New York, but it's an actual company that deals with NEWSPAPER publication, with no indication that they do vanity publishing, provide services for indie self-publishers, or do any kind of book publishing whatsoever. I think batfish wanted her "publisher" to be from NYC, she found a sort of generic name, and used it. Then wrote it into the copyright page as "New York City, NY." What a pinhead!

JO   https://mobile.twitter.com/jackiemoverton

Cousin  https://mobile.twitter.com/mica_runnels]

Lindsay https://mobile.twitter.com/itsnotmyfault75

It's funny that since I posted a couple of hours ago about how ridiculous it was that Lindsay was the one doing battle with the cousin, JO herself has decided to take over the fight.  JO hadn't posted since the 19th but suddenly in the last hour she is exploding the twitter, ranting about her cousin, lol.  I guess she realized how stupid it looked for Lindsay to be the one doing the arguing with one of JO's family members. 

Thanks for those links, BTW, Celia!

• Love 2

I'm far from a professional writer but I've been an avid reader since childhood. I've been happily reading the comments on this site, and CJ's blog, for a long time now, but the way this bozo writes is KILLING me! I can barely stand to read through it's blog posts, and have been trying to read the book since I saw the link yesterday, but I can't do it. So, so many short sentences and periods. "I met Meri. She called me. We had sex. We went to Disneyland. We fell in love. We broke up. See Spot run." Aarrgghh!

• Love 11

Thanks for those links, BTW, Celia!

Here is another one for you, lmao    https://mobile.twitter.com/realmicarunnels?p=i

Someone purporting to be he "real" cousin just created a new twitter account to call the first cousin a fake.  Of course  Lindsay has taken to the twitter to gloat about being "proven right" because its not like its possible the second cousin could be the fake one or anything like that ..... hahaha

Well played, Jackie.  Well played. 

• Love 2

Wow, looks like Sam has already had to do a second printing.  Love the new cover.

Did you guys notice that if you angle your computer screen when you look at the black cover, you can see a man's figure in silhouette?  How artsy.

Several peeps on Twitter and AATT have ID'd the picture as Noah Wyle in ER.

Does the "book" actually being "published" make it more likely legal action will be taken by the Browns?  Does that cross a line into libel or slander?

I'm not an attorney but I'd say the "kicking in the stomach while pregnant" is definitely libelous. Please feel free to opine otherwise. It's pretty clear who Overton is referring to as one of the lame ass story lines was about Meri and Janelle trying to mend fences or something. I really don't believe it happened.

Here is another one for you, lmao    https://mobile.twitter.com/realmicarunnels?p=i

Someone purporting to be he "real" cousin just created a new twitter account to call the first cousin a fake.  Of course  Lindsay has taken to the twitter to gloat about being "proven right" because its not like its possible the second cousin could be the fake one or anything like that ..... hahaha

I read somewhere about the family talking to HuffPost about this whole mess but no link.

I'm far from a professional writer but I've been an avid reader since childhood. I've been happily reading the comments on this site, and CJ's blog, for a long time now, but the way this bozo writes is KILLING me! I can barely stand to read through it's blog posts, and have been trying to read the book since I saw the link yesterday, but I can't do it. So, so many short sentences and periods. "I met Meri. She called me. We had sex. We went to Disneyland. We fell in love. We broke up. See Spot run." Aarrgghh!

Short sentences, a plethora of conjunctions, and the longest paragraphs ever.

• Love 3

Not to be overly dramatic or anything ... but the claim that Janelle was physically aggressive toward Meri's unborn baby might be the most troubling thing the Batfish has ever alleged. Adultery pales in comparison imo. I would be furious if I was Janelle.

Edited by Celia Rubenstein
  • Love 7

I'm not so totally sure about this. I suppose it depends on one's definition of 'love'. There might be some kind of sick connection there, but I don't know about 'love'. From reading the messages, it looks to me more like someone having control over someone else. The person feeding her this stuff is more into keeping her in that state of hanging on.  Look how Meri is many times saying 'don't be mad, please talk to me'.  Seems like someone liked keeping her in approval-seeking mode, knowing she is likely always in that mode in her regular life, as they all are, even the last one to some degree. The IM stuff strikes me as weird as it seems teenagery, as does the posing with the flowers on twitter etc. It really shows how mostly ignored she likely has been for the longest time, and never really realized it as she has no comparison.

Sick people like Overton mistake manipulation for love all the time.  It doesn't stop them from calling it love and feeling like it's love because that's all they know as love, just like all Meri knows as love is grasping for crumbs off the table of a master manipulator, which is something she already did with her husband.

• Love 1

I glanced at the other "cousin" on Twitter and it seemed weird too.  She keeps making the threat that she's going to tell JackieO's mother.  Why in the hell would that matter?  Seems like such a strange threat for a grown woman to make.  So I tweeted her and asked her why would Jackie's mother care when mom is a scam artist too?

That was a few days ago I think and of course no response.  I doubt either of them are real.  Why in the world would be join Twitter and start saying crap like "now you've involved the family!" and "you're mom will make you stop!" if you are a real person?  

I imagine a real family member would want to distance themselves as much as possible from a shitshow like this one.  Not bring more attention to their "relation" to it. 

Edit:  Turns out it was yesterday.  lol  My mom has been in the hospital this entire month & I had to put her on hospice yesterday so life is a bit of a weird blur right now.  

HC0XhFE.jpg

Edited by JenMcSnark
  • Love 1

Sick people like Overton mistake manipulation for love all the time.  It doesn't stop them from calling it love and feeling like it's love because that's all they know as love, just like all Meri knows as love is grasping for crumbs off the table of a master manipulator, which is something she already did with her husband.

Overton has a longstanding history of seeking out broken, emotionally vulnerable women to prey on.   Many of past female victims have been women who were going through a difficult divorce.  She even runs the "IyanlaFixMyLifeFanPage" on Facebook, a perfect place for her to find broken victims.

Overton has a longstanding history of seeking out broken, emotionally vulnerable women to prey on.   Many of past female victims have been women who were going through a difficult divorce.  She even runs the "IyanlaFixMyLifeFanPage" on Facebook, a perfect place for her to find broken victims.

• Love 5

I Left a reply to Sam, I mean Jackie on its blog Wednesday. I basically wrote about how there was no e book or a printed one. I knew this because my Husband prints books on demand at Ingram book company. Ingram book is tied in with Lightning Source. I asked Sam why my husband who can access any book Author, or Title why there was no info about the book? My Husband doesn't just have access to Ingram, he can check other reputable Print on demand publishers. I asked what the ISBN number was for the printed books was. I went on and on, I ripped her a new asshole pretty much, and guess what? Sam never published my questions on his blog. I took a screenshot on my iPad of what all I wrote, but I can't figure out how to post the pic of what I wrote here. Anyway, the book was just awful,and of course the only pics of Sam were the half profile pic, and the one with Meri Facetiming with him. Has anyone figured out who the half profile pic of Sam really is, or where it came from? Thanks.

• Love 1

Yup, I know all that and I think that's how it started, but I still think she ended up falling for Meri.  I have said in the past that if Meri were just a "mark" to her, she would have let go of this already.  It's not even about scamming people or money or attention for her anymore.  It's about someone she just can't let go.

• Love 2

Hope Sam had a blast at the Broncos game. Unless he pre-gamed too hard at the candle store and didn't make it to the stadium. That happens to a lot of hardcore football fans.

Edited by CofCinci
  • Love 13

Here's something interesting I read - the rumor us that Kendra is the one who leaked the link I posted to the book. Hmmmm if that's true...

That's interesting. She thanks Kendra in the "book". Also, JO paints Robyn very favorably. Is that at Kendra's request so she can get back into Robyn's good graces?

The book was sickening. I could not read it all. heshe just threw together pages and pictures.  I didn't expect much anyways.  If you ask fake Sam where the pictures are of him and Meri, he says they are in there.  Just like that video that is out there.  JO must really think people are stupid.

• Love 4

Something I caught in the latest Bat Blog.

Batfish mentioned he/she was disappointed to not get to Denver early enough to see the sunrise because its great there due to the scenery (assuming he/she meant the mountains.)

Denver sits just East of the Rockies. To the East of Denver, outside of the Metro area is farm fields.  So the sunrise would come up over cornfields and be no different than really anywhere else and certainly not noteworthy.

• Love 6

Isn't Jackie's mother still in jail? Does the cousin not know this? I looked up the first cousin( Mica) on FB and it seems to be the same person. One thing kind of creeped me out ( could be coincidence) - on the bat blog there is a book review from someone with my name. Maybe I'm paranoid, but I have been freely expressing my opinions on multiple sites, and I betcha she doesn't like it. Lol!

Is TLC persuading the Browns to not take action for the free publicity? I bet Kody is secretly enjoying watching Meri squirm about all this. That'll teach her not to wander off the compound again!

• Love 2

You'd think the ridiculousness of the "book" (and the lack of the promised pictures of Sam and Meri) would cause JO to either slink away or kill off Sam in some spectacular fashion. But it appears that JO and her alternate personalities aren't going anywhere anytime soon (in fact, they may be multiplying!) She's a straight-up pathological liar who doesn't even care if people buy her lies or not. I wonder what she'll cook up next - a sequel to "Almost Meri'ed"? A fake wedding license showing that Meri and Sam actually did get married? A claim that Sam is Mariah's biological father, not Kody?

It's such a train wreck. I can't look away.

P.S. CofCinci, your post about Sam pre-gaming at the candle store almost made me spit out my coffee! Yes, most guys hit the candle store hardcore before going to a football game. JO - a note for future blog entries. Guys drink beer at bars with their friends before they go to football games. They don't shop for candles, update their Pinterest boards or watch Disney movies.

• Love 2

OMG y'all, that "book" is so, so terrible!  You know JO has been frantically working on it for the past few days, knowing that she was going to have to produce something. 

One thing I find interesting is all of her unlocking and re-locking of Sam and Lindsay's Twitter sites.  It seems like when Sam's is open, Lindsay's is closed.   Last night our friendly millionaire was carrying on a three-way Twitter conversation about playing video games.  

• Love 3

YES!  Lindsay/Jackie is ABSOLUTELY a Juggalo.  You know she chugs faygo like it's going out of style and
clearly previously.tv has felt her red pop induced wrath.  This whole saga has just absolutely captivated me.

I love reading the updates and her insanity just makes me giggle.  Obviously, you can tell I have no life. ha.

• Love 4