Type keyword(s) to search

Meri Brown and her Wet Bar of Tears

• Start Topic

I just finished Chapter 2.  I have only been able to stomach a little bit at a time throughout the day when I sit down...I think my eyes are bleeding.

ANYONE who can finish this rehashed bullshit tapdance...deserves a medal. 

• Love 1

In "Sam's" latest blog entry, he asks for suggestions about what to name his twin boys.  Well I have a suggestion.   How about you name them after yourself, Sam ... Schizo and Phrenic?  

I think this sudden appearance of not one but two little miracles on the scene is just another jab at Meri.  She wanted more kids so desperately but was never able to have them.  Then as if by magic Sam has two little blessings just land in his lap.  Ahhh, Meri!  It all could have been yours!  Twin boys with no morning sickness or stretch marks,  endless forays to Hobby Lobby, candles galore, and all the Funeral Potatoes you could dream of.  Try not to die of regret when you think about it, honey. 

Edited by Celia Rubenstein
  • Love 8

"Sam" will pick names for these miracle twins that have significant meaning to Meri. One will be named after her dead brother and the other will have the same name of her miscarried 10-week fetus.

Jackie is a sick ticket but it's a trainwreck that I'm ashamed to keep looking at.

• Love 4

In "Sam's" latest blog entry, he asks for suggestions about what to name his twin boys. Well I have a suggestion. How about you name them after yourself, Sam ... Schizo and Phrenic?

Please don't give us schizos a bad name. We have enough trouble being killer's of the week in all those Law and Order shows.

• Love 1

Yup, I know all that and I think that's how it started, but I still think she ended up falling for Meri.  I have said in the past that if Meri were just a "mark" to her, she would have let go of this already.  It's not even about scamming people or money or attention for her anymore.  It's about someone she just can't let go.

Personally I don't agree.  I don't believe that Overton "fell" for Meri.  I firmly believe that Overton is a sociopath who has been conning and catfishing women since early 2000 and she's always been slippery enough to get away with it.  But this time she messed with the wrong victim.  She messed with someone who's known publicly, who has somewhat of a following/fan-base.  For the first time ever, Overton was publicly outed and beat at her own game.  This infuriates her.   She is a narcissist and very much believes she is superior to everyone in terms of intelligence, being clever, being able to outsmart and outwit but this time she met her match.  IMO she is furious @ Meri because she's been exposed and made the laughing stock of cyberspace.   She's not only been exposed for what she's done/still doing to Meri, she's also been exposed in terms of her past scams, her past profile names, her past fake pictures, many past victims have come forward and shared info.  Because of her scam with Meri being blown out of the water, much of cyberspace and Shidler, Oklahoma know the name Jackie Overton.   Where she lives, her past and ongoing issues with the courts, her past web-hosting businesses, her Mom's current legal/criminal/court issues, the whole she-bang.  In the past she's always used fear and intimidation and threats to keep her victims quiet so as to not be exposed but this time she screwed up and has been exposed.  I think she feels a great deal of animosity and vengefulness toward Meri, thus her ongoing need to try and humiliate her with the blog/the pics/the saved texts/the saved voicemails/the pathetic ebook.  IMO she's doing her best to stick it to Meri (and Meri's supporters).   She's all about revenge, in my opinion.

• Love 7

Yup, I know all that and I think that's how it started, but I still think she ended up falling for Meri.  I have said in the past that if Meri were just a "mark" to her, she would have let go of this already.  It's not even about scamming people or money or attention for her anymore.  It's about someone she just can't let go.

I have to respectfully disagree.  I don't feel that Jackie ever fell for Meri.  I feel the reason that she's not letting up is because she's a sociopath hellbent on revenge.  Overton has been conning and catfishing women since the early 2000s and has never been exposed/has always gotten away with it because she is slippery, and uses blackmail, extortion, threats and intimidation to keep victims from coming forward.  But with Meri she opened up a whole new can of worms that has resulted in her being exposed to cyberspace for the twisted phuck that she is.   IMO she sought out Meri because Meri lives in Vegas, one of Overton's dream places, and because Meri was a clearly emotionally vulnerable/fragile woman connected to a disengaged husband and clearly/dearly in need of being loved/cherished/treasured/wanted/admired/respected/adored/treated as a wife should be.   Easy pickins' for Overton.  But what she didn't ever expect was for the proverbial sh*t to hit the fan and to be exposed as the fraud and predator that she is.   Am sure she figured that eventually if Meri got wise to her, Meri would be too weak and passive and afraid to speak up/out.  Overton completely underestimated the many inquiring minds watching this all play out for many months, sleuthing Samuel Cooper, learning that Overton was behind all this.   Never in her catfishing life has she been exposed, until Meri.   IMO she's raging inside because she's a narcissist who believes she's more intelligent, more cagey, more slippery and more cunning than anyone on the planet.......but now much of cyberspace knows about Jackie Overton, and certainly the fine folks in Shidler, Oklahoma.  IMO she wants revenge against Meri and is continuing to try and humiliate her for this reason.   She wants to make her pay.  She wants to make Meri's fan-base pay.  It's been a real blow to her ego to have been busted.   Now people know about her past.  Previous victims have come forth and shared info and taken it forth.   We know where she lives, we know the names of her past web-hosting businesses, we know her many past fake names, scams, etc.   Up until Meri nobody knew the name Jackie Overton.  Past victims just kept quiet....out of shame for being duped, out of guilt, out of fear that pictures Jackie stole from them might find their way to nefarious places in cyberspace as revenge, etc.   Nope, don't believe for a minute she really felt for Meri.   She's just raging inside because her jig is up.

• Love 4

It is possible in that deranged mind of hers, that Jackie is resentful and angry towards Meri, but Lindsay is her Angry personality, not Sam. Sam hasn't really said anything that indicates anger towards Meri- only sadness and regret. Lindsay has a bad temper, and her Twitter rants are evidence of it. What if she actually did have multiple personality disorder?! Her family could have her committed for psych treatment. I cannot imagine what it's like to live each day in so many twisted lies- how does she not tire of it?!

• Love 3

Everyone makes good points.

I think, myself, that Meri made herself accessible - much too accessible - not just because she was lonely, but because she was shilling that LIV MLM crap. That's how Overton got to her even though the Browns live in a gated cul de sac.

Right around the time of Kody's remarriage to Robyn, Meri went on a LIV cruise. I've been in MLM and had friends in MLM, so I know those cruises and trips are really rah-rah sessions to get people fired up to buy more crap thinking they're going to revive their "business" and become millionaires. Meri tweeted after the cruise that she was all gung-ho and started listing "parties". Now these parties - even though she's a pseudo celeb - I doubt many people showed up. There was one in Arizona at a restaurant where NO ONE showed up.

I think Overton saw these tweets and knew Meri would be easy to get to, all she had to do was express an interest in the MLM. I also think that Overton thought a big payday was coming. She'd scammed thousands off of Stacey, she probably figured she'd get gifts and trips and such from Meri. Apparently she did get a Disney trip and got to go to Meri's house.

Now? I do think Overton is angry. I think the "book" was an attempt at getting a big payday out of this. She must be furious about the piece of crap book posted on the Net free for the taking so quickly. I'm hoping that everyone who got scammed into ordering demands a refund and, if denied by pp, files disputes with their banks.

But also I'm waiting to see how this ends...

• Love 2

Jackie is batshit crazy but she's not holdable or suitable for probate. Long gone are the days where people are committed for treatment or institutionalized. She'll continue to catfish until the day she dies.

• Love 3

True, Cofcinci! And she has no family that cares about her enough to even try to get help for her. I don't actually think she has MPD, she is a twisted, lonely, grifter, whose game has been called to attention and it seems to have lit a fire under her butt.

Meri is the author of her own misfortune here, but I can't help feeling sorry for her. She must be frightened knowing JO is still out there and still has a bead on her. We went through a situation with a similarly crazy person who accused us of stealing from her and although we haven't heard from her in over a year I still feel like we have to sleep with one eye open. I imagine Meri will feel that way for a long time.

• Love 1

So Sam is claiming that the state of Illinois is going to hand him newborn twins soon, in spite of the fact that he is a single guy who travels all the time. He says he has a "condo in downtown Chicago" and "a house on the lake an hour north in Lake Forest." I'm originally from the Lake Forest area and NO ONE refers to having a house in Lake Forest as having a "lake house." Everyone refers to the area as the North Shore.

Sam also says he will raise his twins in both the condo and the lake house (ha!). I guess with Sam's zillions of dollars, he will be able to hire a team of nannies to squire his children around northern Illinois. I'm guessing we can look forward to Sam's nannies posting comments on his Twitter and his blog in the near future. More personalities to add to JO's repertoire!

Edited by egilsdottir
  • Love 3

Checking the views on this thread - more than 146k so far.

Overton as "Lindz" is busy on Twitter having accounts suspended/blocked and crowing about what a skilled hacker she is...

This must make her crazy, because she can't block/suspend this thread, this site and way too many people are reading it. I have friends who don't post here but lurk and read, and the word is spreading.

Overton...I know you're reading here. *blows a virtual raspberry*

I won't criticize your appearance or your weight, because you've proven yourself to be a disturbed, nasty, useless piece of work with nothing better to do in your miserable life than scam naive people and rip them off.

Karma's a bitch. Just ask OJ Simpson.

• Love 2

I find it ironic that the very first post in this thread, in April 2014, was "I'm a little worried that empty nest syndrome may send her over the edge.  What do you think?" from Rhondinella.  We had NO IDEA what was to come!!

• Love 5

So Sam is claiming that the state of Illinois is going to hand him newborn twins soon, in spite of the fact that he is a single guy who travels all the time. He says he has a "condo in downtown Chicago" and "a house on the lake an hour north in Lake Forest." I'm originally from the Lake Forest area and NO ONE refers to having a house in Lake Forest as having a "lake house." Everyone refers to the area as the North Shore.

I currently live in Chicago and agree 100% with this comment.  In fact, when he called it his lake house on his blog, I tried to catch him in a lie because there really aren't any lakes in Lake Forest despite its name.  It didn't even occur to me he meant Lake Michigan--because I've never heard anyone refer to it that way.  (Which was how he responded when I inquired about which lake.)   Here a lake house means a house in Wisconsin that you go to on the weekends.

And in the e-book he talks about going to Hobby Lobby for Christmas lights.  Anyone with a house on the lake in Lake Forest would have landscapers do that.  These are HUGE multi-story mansions.    

• Love 6

Meri is the author of her own misfortune here, but I can't help feeling sorry for her. She must be frightened knowing JO is still out there and still has a bead on her. We went through a situation with a similarly crazy person who accused us of stealing from her and although we haven't heard from her in over a year I still feel like we have to sleep with one eye open. I imagine Meri will feel that way for a long time.

I have sympathy for Meri to some extent.... but "like attracts like."

Meri would have never crossed paths with JO if the Browns didn't try to exploit their fans. Jackie/"Lindsey" and her victim at the time were in Vegas waiting for "Sam" and serendipitously ran into a Brown (was it Meri? I don't remember). They were invited to a LIV "multi-level marketing" event in Meri's home (it's why she has the wet bar; that house is used for these events). Later, Meri replied to Sam's tweets because he was a millionaire interested in LIV.

Even when the two were phonesexing and texting it up, she was still trying to sell him LIV! Meri must have watched Glengarry Glen Ross -- ABC -- Always Be Closing!

If she wasn't trying to scam fans into the pyramid scheme, she wouldn't have been burned by JO. Poetic justice. They continue to sell LIV to fans, so it doesn't seem that a lesson was learned here. Kody hangs out in Vegas tourist areas just to be spotted by fans and then invite them to LIV events. Like attracts like. Don't be surprised that you're scammed by the person you're trying to scam.

Edited by CofCinci
  • Love 4

I am slowly reading the "ebook" as painful as it is.  It's funny how Batfish is so arrogant to think that just because she writes it, then people will believe it.  Like a magickal keyboard...type it, "publish" it to a blog and it somehow becomes truth and actuality. 

The beginning where she is going to tell us how she and Meri met...then is suddenly sidetracked on the bullshit of her growing up, then ha ha ha how she gets sidetracked so easily....but never goes back to say anything.

Page 57 of the MeriFesto is when Batfish is talking about those famous cryptic voicemails, and she even types them out for us.  The "Why are you struggling?  Babe, come ON" and then complaining her hair is the reason for not wanting to be intimate.  Which is just weird because your hair kinda gets messed up in that process...  She goes on and on for several voice mails whining over and over.  They were sad to listen to back then, and sad to read. 

However, Batfish insists that the voice mail followed their having "sex", with no real details past they were talking afterwards, "he" took offense to being compared to Kody and then "he" got pissed and left.  As in...left her house, but there is no real description of the scene, it is left to assumption.  She followed with I think three or four voicemails, but Batfish was so pissed off that "he" shut off his phone and didn't even listen to them until the following morning.

After realizing his mistake in the "misunderstanding" he listened to the messages and called her back to apologize and listen to her.  They worked it out and talked about how to better communicate. 

However...this is why you need an editor, even for the non-fiction fiction of this convoluted mess.  Batfish then writes...." I was an ass for hanging up on her and I felt bad.  She really didn't say anything wrong.  I just heard it wrong and go upset.  That was it.  Big mystery finally solved."  Should it have been phrased that "I stormed out after misunderstanding" not "hung up"?????  That's what happens when you copy paste the crap from a blog and fill it in on the fly...you don't catch your own lies and mistakes.

If they had actually been together in the physical reality, had sex, had an argument and then he stomped off her voicemails would have been....""babe....why did you leave?  you needed to stay so we could work this out..."  In no way did she mention anything past her hair and intimacy....nothing about him storming out and ignoring her phone calls.  Batfish likes to talk about how "his" vacation home is just 5 minutes from Meri's home...so NO mention of "I'm coming over there right now and we are going to work this out...."  Just all that whining about "laying here with you is very vulnerable, especially with my hair looking like a mess."  Hmm....that's phone sex.  Taking selfies during an intimate bedroom intimacy and not wanting to share because your hair is a mess.  Then....Batfish throwing a hissy fit because she didn't want to share with her hair a mess and hanging up the phone and ignoring the incoming calls.

Did either of them EVER graduate middle school!!??

I have a feeling that some of these voice mails were coerced in the fact that Batfish picks some wacko fight, hangs up...knowing that Meri will call back and plead, she does...leaves these voice mails and then Batfish can have Proof to use against her later in her scam. 

One thing Meri mentioned on the "Tell-Nothing" was that after fighting with "Sam" on the phone, she would get a call from "Lindsay" telling her that she HAD to call Sam and she HAD to make things right.  This actually makes a lot of sense with those horrible whiny voicemails that were pleading and really pathetic.  It was just another game that a con plays to get real evidence to pile up and then use against their mark.  Batfish is a small time pathetic con that has been outed globally.  I agree with the above poster that stated that this is pure revenge and nothing else.  There are/were no feelings, it was a game to get a specific result. 

• Love 6

I'm sure  JerkOff would love for Meri to believe this, in order for there to be 'no hard feelings'. Kind of like the person whom on a minor scale, takes passive-aggressive digs, or back-handed compliments then says "omg I was only joking, sheesh don't take stuff so seriously". JO would want Meri to feel sorry for her as some kind of wounded sick person, which at best is a half-truth. Sick yes, wounded no.  Why? Well, just in case, let's say. Seriously, just in case she can, well, as the saying goes, 'play it again, Sam'. Think of how animals that are scavengers work. Nothing goes to waste. Even if Meri called her up to rip into her, she would sell that.

You will find ratty people gravitating to those who are basically good, or naive- just like the poster who put up there that  she ran that 'fix my life' site, and I wouldn't put is past her to have something to do with some kind of religious stuff as well, as sometimes people go to that for help. Not her kind of 'help', but sometimes when people are depressed or feeling lost, they mistake a CON for confidence. They mistake someone being a little too interested in your problems for actual friendship or caring. If you think this sickness is love, you probably believe in the OJ kind of 'love' as well. This is not based on a relationship of respect, of equals. This is predator and prey, not someone who actually values Meri outside of how slavish and devoted, desperate she was. People like JO are very invested in isolating a person, triangulating, and getting you on their 'side', while THEY play the victim. Oh Meri, you're the only one I can talk to. You're intelligent but you aren't an ^^hole like the people I work with, you're so special, blah blah. Actions, Meri, not words.

• Love 2

Jackie is busy on the twitter showing how completely fucking stupid she is, lol.  

In one tweet she has "Sam" humble bragging about giving *half his book proceeds to some charity that helps polygamists escape the lifestyle.  Then in his next tweet  he talks about how he is giving the other half of his book proceeds to a group that helps support polygamist families who have financial problems because "the Utah government DOES NOT help polygamist families who hit hard times. They won't. So these families have nothing. Not fair."

Isn't that kind of .... inconsistent?  You want to help people get out of polygamy, but you also want to help support families who are practicing it?  Aren't these goals at odds?  SMDH.  

* Regarding the $$$ ... Sam claims he is giving each group $15K, lol.  That means he made thirty thousand dollars on his book?  At $6 a book, that means he sold 5,000 books?  Seriously?

I found a site that lists how many books have been sold in the last week, and if Sam sold 5,000 books, he should be on some kind of best seller list ...

Unit sales rose 9% in the adult nonfiction category last week, led by Retired Inspired by Chris Hogan, which sold almost 69,000 copies in its first week. Two other new titles also did well: The Name of God Is Mercy by Pope Francis sold nearly 17,000 copies, putting it in fifth place on the adult nonfiction list, one spot ahead of When Breath Becomes Air by Paul Kalanithi, which sold almost 14,000 copies.  

http://www.publishersweekly.com/pw/by-topic/industry-news/bookselling/article/69234-the-weekly-scorecard-tracking-unit-print-sales-for-week-ending-january-22-2016.html

I can't find the full list of how many copies of each top ten book were sold, but if the #6 adult nonfiction book sold 14K copies last week (hardcover) and  Sam sold 5K copies I am thinking he would have to be at least among the top 20 non-fiction books sold last week.  And remember we are talking about a self-published E book that is only known about by readers of the various twitters and blogs that are covering the Sister Wives catfish saga.  

I imagine Simon & Schuster and HarperCollings are knocking on his door right now because they want a piece of that action. 

It really just doesn't get any more ridiculous. 

• Love 3

I'm still waiting to hear about the movie rights. Who's going to play Meri? Samuel? Lindsay?

I sure hope TLC and Meri are waiting for Batfish to put enough out there in public to finally bring legal action against her. Not sure how they'll prove JO is Samuel Cooper, but I'd love to see some real karma bite this evil person.

As for Meri's culpability--while I'm not a fan of that LIV product, as far as I know, it's considered as legit as most of the other MLM companies (ie, Amway). She's trying to make money by selling that product and convincing others to become sellers, too--which is where she'd make more money. It's similar to a Ponzi scheme, but since there are actual products to sell, it's not considered illegal.

• Love 5

Seeing as how he also said he only made $.50 profit on each book, he would have to have sold....60,000 books, right??  Of course, as a multi-millionaire who's family foundation regularly gives out houses, he could have made a donation like that months ago. 

Jackie's problem is that she wasn't content making Sam a run-of-the-mill guy of average looks, average intelligence, average income, etc.  He had to be a 6'6" tall jet-setting millionaire real estate mogul.  I suppose initially that was because there had to be a reason he could never meet up with Meri and that he had an "assistant."  But her stories about him are just so grandiose, and very very easy to disprove. 

Clearly Samuel has already been cast -- he's Noah Wyle 15 years ago!

Edited by Nancybeth
  • Love 3

I'm still waiting to hear about the movie rights. Who's going to play Meri? Samuel? Lindsay?

I sure hope TLC and Meri are waiting for Batfish to put enough out there in public to finally bring legal action against her. Not sure how they'll prove JO is Samuel Cooper, but I'd love to see some real karma bite this evil person.

The part of Lindsay will be played by Kevin James.

(I know I'm going to hell in a handbasket, but I couldn't resist).

• Love 4

I think this role calls for the talent of Meryl Streep.  Only she could convincingly play three different roles in the same movie, which is the way it should be since in reality Jackie, Sam, and Lindsey are all the same person.  

ETA:  Someone should tweet Noah Wylie and let him know his image is being used without permission so he can get his share of the fortune Sam is making off this book!

• Love 3

Overton as "Lindz" is busy on Twitter having accounts suspended/blocked and crowing about what a skilled hacker she is...

This must make her crazy, because she can't block/suspend this thread, this site and way too many people are reading it. I have friends who don't post here but lurk and read, and the word is spreading.

Overton...I know you're reading here. *blows a virtual raspberry*

I won't criticize your appearance or your weight, because you've proven yourself to be a disturbed, nasty, useless piece of work with nothing better to do in your miserable life than scam naive people and rip them off.

Karma's a bitch. Just ask OJ Simpson.

I'm an admitted big time lurker here who finally just registered. Thanks to everyone for keeping this topic updated and relevant which I hope prevents Krody from being able to manipulate the story.

• Love 3

This must make her crazy, because she can't block/suspend this thread, this site and way too many people are reading it. ......

Oh I don't know about that. She may be totally digging it.  They don't necessarily think the way you would think they would, a la logically. When you're playing games, even the 'bad' stuff can be used in your favor, or developed to somehow suit some new BS you come up with.  It's possible she even may block them not even because she cares what they say about her at all,  but as a way to piss someone off- just to get a reaction is the payoff. I know to most of us, we don't get that because that is not rewarding to us, but exercising the smallest minutia of perceived power is rewarding to them.  It's like being an internet troll but in real life. Think about the joker in batman, 'some just like to see the world burn'.  What will really burn is the slide into irrelevance, we're already at 4 minutes and 59 seconds of that 5 min of infamy.

• Love 1

I would just rather she not profit financially at all from this whole thing.  Mostly I'm hoping that people who must read that drivel, find the link to the uploaded free versions. 

She's on AllAboutTheTea right now, as "Lindz" trying to convince everyone that a second version of the book is coming out:

"the 2nd version of the Ebook will match the paperback version that's in print now. it contains 40 more pages of extra stories including photos of them together. the reason why it wasn't included according to my 3 inside sources is because the ebook is being sold off of the website and will only reach a certain number of people. the actual book and 2nd version of the ebook with fixes will be sold on Amazon, iTunes and about 10 other book seller websites for main stream audience. anyone that preordered is getting both of the new versions free."

My guess is that the reason for this "announcement" is to keep people from filing disputes/requesting refunds in hopes of getting the "new" edition.  She's also stating that Meri confessed to incest with her brothers and that Kody doesn't care what Sam publishes.  Stirring the pot. It's all crap though I'm sure.  And even if it's not, just like the "first book" it will show up online for the taking soon after it's released. 

• Love 1

I just want her to end up with legal problems as a result of this bullshit.  At some point, she's going to be too bold and the Browns or TLC are going to start proceedings against her.  If she's throwing things around like Janelle kneeing Meri while she's pregnant, or incest, or sexual abuse, there's got to be a point where Meri has had enough. 

• Love 2

How did I not know about All About the Tea? Thanks for the heads up, Dakota

"Linz" (who, by the way, does not claim to be the "real Lindsay" but rather asserts she is that mysterious friend of one of Meri's friends who believed Meri at first  - tho she doesn't know Meri - and who decided to contact Sam to tell him off .... but ended up deciding Sam was telling the truth, and then proceeded to feed Sam all kinds of inside information about what was going on with the Browns as the scandal broke) .... anyway, that is who she claims to be and she posted another explanation of why there was no picture of Sam and Meri together in the book:

so why go to all the length of doing this and not just post one stinking photo of them together? he says because people photoshop things he knows a photo would not be enough to clear this up he needed and wanted to put it all together.

So including a photo would have prevented Sam from clearing things up and putting it all together? How?  Why?

Don't worry, though ... "Linz"  asserts there will be pictures of them together included in the second edition ... because ....???? I don't know.  Somehow the issue with faking a picture using photoshop will no longer be an issue?  I have no idea.  It's so stupid.  A picture of the two of them together is the only thing that would possibly make anyone think twice about the existence of "Sam."  But it's the one thing the audience hasn't seen.  And never will.  And we all know why. 

The thing about Meri and her brother and incest ... I saw that Linz worded it as if Meri had been molested, not that she took part in such behavior voluntarily.  Nice slam on her dead brother who can't sue your ass for libel, Jackie.  You are truly a sickening disgusting PIG.  

• Love 4
If she's throwing things around like Janelle kneeing Meri while she's pregnant, or incest, or sexual abuse, there's got to be a point where Meri has had enough.

That would be true for any of us, with normal sensibilities and morals.  

However, we are talking about the Brown Clowns and their lives revolve entirely around TLC ratings.  They would run naked on fire through Las Vegas if it would keep that train wreck of a show on the air.  It's their only source of income. Without it, it's back to welfare fraud and food stamps and living at the compound in Lehi.

• Love 3

Sam just tweeted that he is going to an investors meeting in Reno.

I didn't read his whole "book," but I know somewhere in what I did read, he mentioned that he does not have any investors.  He talked at length about how he plows all his profits back into his businesses so that he doesn't have to take on outside investors. 

Does anyone else remember reading that?  I can't go back and check because the link to the book no longer seems to work. 

• Love 4

Celia Rubenstein, You're correct. He stated in the Book that that he had no investors, plows his money back to his investments etc, just as you described. I read the whole Book. It was hard to read because of the lies and bad grammar.

And now He is going to be a Foster Parent to twin Boys? In the state I live in, that takes a while. And what State would let a single, traveling Businessman, who has no time, foster Children? I can't believe the lies that Jackie comes up with.

• Love 3

So, JO receives no response from Meri about the book -- and then decides to go for the jugular by reporting that Meri was molested. JO is human garbage.

Does it make you wonder that she is just going to up her game to get a response?  She obviously wanted her con to go a very specific way.  I suspect something like "look at what I have on you, cash or I put it online".  They gave no cash, never talked at first and that pissed her off.  She started putting what she had online.  Still no reaction, more stuff online.  They reacted, but only mildly and she went nuts on the blog with the "sex tape".  Which, it's funny because she has never mentioned it since.  Everything was pulled from the site about that.  They actually addressed it on the show....sort of...in true Brown fashion, mostly hype and little substance.  She just keeps getting more obnoxious.  I think she is full on attention seeking, and she isn't getting the attention she wants.  She's an adolescent child who isn't getting things her way who thinks if she puts it online it's truth.  Ugh...

• Love 3

Resolution of Your Case:

Dear PCB,

We have concluded our investigation into your case and have decided in your favor.

We were able to recover $6.00 USD and this amount has been credited to you.
Please allow five business days for this adjustment to be posted.

If you are due any additional funds, we will make our best effort to recover the balance from the seller.

Seller's Name: SJC Investments
Seller's Email: ebook@notbatmanyet.com

Pow!

• Love 17

I would just rather she not profit financially at all from this whole thing.  Mostly I'm hoping that people who must read that drivel, find the link to the uploaded free versions. 

She's on AllAboutTheTea right now, as "Lindz" trying to convince everyone that a second version of the book is coming out:

"the 2nd version of the Ebook will match the paperback version that's in print now. it contains 40 more pages of extra stories including photos of them together. the reason why it wasn't included according to my 3 inside sources is because the ebook is being sold off of the website and will only reach a certain number of people. the actual book and 2nd version of the ebook with fixes will be sold on Amazon, iTunes and about 10 other book seller websites for main stream audience. anyone that preordered is getting both of the new versions free."

My guess is that the reason for this "announcement" is to keep people from filing disputes/requesting refunds in hopes of getting the "new" edition.  She's also stating that Meri confessed to incest with her brothers and that Kody doesn't care what Sam publishes.  Stirring the pot. It's all crap though I'm sure.  And even if it's not, just like the "first book" it will show up online for the taking soon after it's released. 

Why are people reading this crap (the book) and why are they continuing to keep this family, and this crazy person in the spotlight?   There is NO SAM. Why are people continuing to further this nut's obsession--if no one was paying attention to her (Batfish), she would slink away. But it continues because people stupidly read that drivel. I don't get it. I don't get why Meri is a victim--she thought she had a way out, she didn't. This story line will help bolster yet another year of this terrible TLC show--everybody wins-- the Browns, TLC, and a nutjob with too much time on her hands who pretends to be a 6.6 foot millionaire. 

• Love 2

Unfortunately ignoring JO doesn't make her go away- it allows her to sleaze under the radar, which is what she has apparently been doing for quite a long time, until she chose to catfish a public figure with a decent size fan base. Calling attention to her obvious mistakes and schemes has actually enlightened many people, not only to her game, but to the fact that there are online predators everywhere. I understand what you mean, and in the short term it is aggravating to seemingly award her obvious need for attention, but she isn't going away, so it is better that more people are made aware of the situation. If Meri Brown and family actually cared about their fans and the potentially innocent victims that could possibly be fooled by JO, they would do everything in their power to stop her. They care more about free publicity and ratings. Meri had quite a bit of public empathy when this first was made public- but one thing to consider is that one of the reasons the door was open for JO is that Meri and the Brown's were schilling their LIV garbage. Karma......

• Love 8

Resolution of Your Case:

Dear PCB,

We have concluded our investigation into your case and have decided in your favor.

We were able to recover $6.00 USD and this amount has been credited to you.

Please allow five business days for this adjustment to be posted.

If you are due any additional funds, we will make our best effort to recover the balance from the seller.

Seller's Name: SJC Investments

Seller's Email: ebook@notbatmanyet.com

Pow!

Congrats! Use the $6 to invest in LIV.
  • Love 5

Unfortunately ignoring JO doesn't make her go away- it allows her to sleaze under the radar, which is what she has apparently been doing for quite a long time, until she chose to catfish a public figure with a decent size fan base. Calling attention to her obvious mistakes and schemes has actually enlightened many people, not only to her game, but to the fact that there are online predators everywhere. I understand what you mean, and in the short term it is aggravating to seemingly award her obvious need for attention, but she isn't going away, so it is better that more people are made aware of the situation. If Meri Brown and family actually cared about their fans and the potentially innocent victims that could possibly be fooled by JO, they would do everything in their power to stop her. They care more about free publicity and ratings. Meri had quite a bit of public empathy when this first was made public- but one thing to consider is that one of the reasons the door was open for JO is that Meri and the Brown's were schilling their LIV garbage. Karma......

Thank you, I completely understand what you are saying.

What bothers me is there is so much fame-whoring for BOTH parties. Both the Batfish and the Brown clan. And they get perverse pleasure out of it--I can see Kodouche's smug smarmy face--he is so over Meri and any non Sobbyn wife.  It grates.  Any attention, either negative or positive, is wanted attention all around, for the BatJackal, and the Browns. I just keep thinking if we ignore them all, they'll go away....but like other famewhores--they like their cameras around.

• Love 4

Thank you, I completely understand what you are saying.

What bothers me is there is so much fame-whoring for BOTH parties. Both the Batfish and the Brown clan. And they get perverse pleasure out of it--I can see Kodouche's smug smarmy face--he is so over Meri and any non Sobbyn wife.  It grates.  Any attention, either negative or positive, is wanted attention all around, for the BatJackal, and the Browns. I just keep thinking if we ignore them all, they'll go away....but like other famewhores--they like their cameras around.

I agree. And they are both dishonest. Too bad Meri won't change her sexual persuasion. JO is much more masculine than grody Kody, and they could both waddle off into the sunset together.

Imaginary Sam's imaginary twins are scheduled for imaginary birth via c-section on his imaginary birthday. What a great imaginary birthday gift. If I recall correctly, JO's first phone call with Meri was on Sam's birthday. Year of fraud comes full circle.

• Love 6

Someone close to me has struggled with infertility and starting a family so this crap about adopting twin babies gets on my last nerve. I hope at least Sam's cousin decides to keep them. If not, I think I am done- no more amusing myself at the Batblog. So what if JO is expressing subconscious regret that she never got married and had a family- and never will. That is a good thing! Can't Sam just go down in a flame of glory in his private plane? Even while doing some altruistic good deed or something?!

I read somewhere that "Sam" has already been killed off once or twice, but unfortunately he has amazing regenerative powers and can rise from the dead. As long as JO survives "Sam" will live on in one form or another, sort of like Doctor Who. What I'm curious about is how many people actually believe he exists. It seems unfathomable that anyone would have missed all the red flags, but there are always a few gullible ones who want to believe. I'd like to know what the number is. Five? Five thousand? I have no idea, but I'm sure there must be some. And they probably form the pool from which JO will select her next victim.

• Love 3

JO is moving his cousin who is carrying the twins into 'his' condo in a week or so. This crap is beyond bizzare.

I work in downtown Chicago, so I'll keep my eyes peeled for a 6'6 dude wearing a short sleeve shirt, shorts & a tie and a heavily pregnant woman. *snort*

JO is also deranged enough to steal people's photos of their twin baby boys and post them on the notbatman blog, passing them off as Sam's own.

P.S. momofsquid - I love the idea of Sam as a Doctor Who type figure.

• Love 6

I work in downtown Chicago, so I'll keep my eyes peeled for a 6'6 dude wearing a short sleeve shirt, shorts & a tie and a heavily pregnant woman. *snort*

If he smells like the Yankee Candle store, you've found our man.
  • Love 14

Ok, which one of you is making Sam sweat over on his blog by questioning why a woman who's pregnant with twins would be able to fly to doctor's appointments twice a month so close to her due date?

I'm dying.

Claire says:

January 29, 2016 at 7:08 am

Has she been seeing a doctor in Chicago? It’s rather late in a high risk pregnancy for her to change providers, particularly if her regular OB has already scheduled a c-section. Is she at least from Illinois? If not I can’t imagine the headache you all are dealing with as far as insurance goes.

Samuel says:

January 29, 2016 at 7:16 am

Yes she has been. She is not from Illinois. Her and her mom fly in twice a month for dr appointments. But I’m not allowed to go to them. I only get the information afterwards. My cousin’s daughter does not want to know certain things she feels the less she knows the better about them. Her mom calls and tells me if things are okay or if there is a concern. So far everything is going okay. Only one small issue that is being watched closely.
We have already signed papers that I am now paying for all medical expenses out of pocket. And I pay for them to fly in and out of town plus hotel and food or anything they need. When they move in her mom said she wants to help me with the nursery. She has agreed to remain as their grandparent on my side since my parents are deceased. That will help me out so much. And when I get married that woman’s family gets to be instant grandparents. It’s a Modern Family.

Claire says:

January 29, 2016 at 8:03 am

I’m surprised they’re letting her fly that late, up to 2 weeks before the scheduled section. How far along will she be when she delivers? I’m glad her mother is supportive. It sounds like this is the best case scenario for all involved!

Edited by egilsdottir
  • Love 1