Type keyword(s) to search

Meri Brown and her Wet Bar of Tears

• Start Topic

3 hours ago, RazzleberryPie said:

That’s just classic Meri. She is so self centered and has zero shame in expressing that her own self, child and needs are more bigger and better than anyone else. This was not an appropriate comment for another child’s wedding. If they were truly all each others moms and kids, and one big family, you do not choose favorites and blatantly announce the favoritism. Meri pulls this crap then wonders why she is isolated and why they’re all over even attempting to be friendly with her.

It’s great to live your child and be happy to see them. It’s also extremely poor taste, yet confirming., not even revealing, how Meri STILL thinks she’s more important and deserves more than her other family members. I don’t know how janelle and Christine didn’t punch her in the face during those years of Meri eating salmon and going on vacation while they struggled to have cereal and hot dogs. 

Odds are that she would not have attended the wedding if Leon had not been there.  It must have been painful for her to witness Christine rejoicing her full and happy life.

She may have been hoping also for an opportunity to once again grovel at the feet of Kody and Robyn.  Foiled again

• Like 9
  • LOL 1
4 hours ago, Sandy W said:

Odds are that she would not have attended the wedding if Leon had not been there.  It must have been painful for her to witness Christine rejoicing her full and happy life.

She may have been hoping also for an opportunity to once again grovel at the feet of Kody and Robyn.  Foiled again

Robyn was there, so I assume Kody was too. So the groveling likely did happen! 

I think Meri would have gone anyway though. Gwen has said several times that she feels close to Meri. She even said that Meri was the only parent to ask Gwen about her personal experience with abuse (assuming she means Paedon). 

I know I border on Meri apologist territory. Sorry! I do agree that she's got a rough personality and not much of a clue. And I 100% believe she's jealous of Christine (though TBH Christine is annoying me too lately lol).

• Like 15
26 minutes ago, Just Wondering said:

Why can’t Meri say something nice about her own child without it having a double meaning that involves her own grudges?
Both children rated poorly in this post. 

Both children? I’m not understanding.

• Like 4
2 hours ago, Just Wondering said:

Why can’t Meri say something nice about her own child without it having a double meaning that involves her own grudges?
Both children rated poorly in this post. 

Because she has always been arrogant, unfair, and bitter. She’s never happy or satisfied, but she’s the most content when she thinks she has something better than everyone else. She’s as narcissistic as Kody. 

• Like 8
  • Love 1
(edited)
On 7/17/2023 at 7:06 PM, ginger90 said:

Both children? I’m not understanding.

I meant that if she wanted to say something particularly nice about either child (her own and Christine’s) she should’ve just captioned that in her photo instead of adding a grudge. 

Edited by Just Wondering
  • Like 3
On 5/29/2023 at 8:25 PM, Sandy W said:

In my area, Vinnies (St. Vincent de Paul) is the go-to place for books and trinkets and treasures. Much better value than Goodwill.

"Vinnies"... I love that!  I grew up about 2 blocks away from a nun retirement community.  The ones who could, would walk down the street and around the corner to.... St. Vincent de Paul, the church.  It was a little odd because this was the late 60's and most of the nuns at the school had gotten a little more liberal with the habit.  The retired ones wore the whole enchilada.  Long, white, wimples, all of it.  Thank you Sandy W for the reminder of my childhood!

• Like 3
On 6/21/2023 at 12:53 PM, Natalie68 said:

Meri bugs me but as a human being but I want her to find someone, whether M or F, to curl her toes.  I have a feeling Kody is the type of lover that makes you review your shopping list in the midst.  

You think it lasts that long? Seriously?

• LOL 14

I think Meri genuinely cares for Gwen and was very happy to celebrate her special day, but posting that the best part of the day was seeing Leon was in slightly poor taste. Yes we aren’t surprised Meri FELT that way (we know how Mommies can be), but don’t say that about Gwen’s wedding day for Pete’s Sakes! 

• Like 9
  • Applause 1
2 hours ago, Orcinus orca said:

Keep the hair. lose the filter app, Barbie.

But did she use a marker to just paint some random red streaks? I don't get it.

The comments are hilarious on her page. The majority say something about the filter and then people under those comments say "what? I don't think this is heavily filtered." You got to wonder what the defenders are seeing? Cause there is nothing about this that is unfiltered.

Even more hysterical, over half the people calling out her obvious and perpetual use of the filter, have filters on themselves. 

• Sad 1
  • LOL 10
6 hours ago, Tuxcat said:

But did she use a marker to just paint some random red streaks? I don't get it.

The comments are hilarious on her page. The majority say something about the filter and then people under those comments say "what? I don't think this is heavily filtered." You got to wonder what the defenders are seeing? Cause there is nothing about this that is unfiltered.

Even more hysterical, over half the people calling out her obvious and perpetual use of the filter, have filters on themselves. 

There are several choices to do streaks including Demi-permanent dyes, sprays and powders. Sally’s has everything one needs. I’m afraid of those types of colors on my now platinum hair and use hair extensions for colors like pink or pastel blue. 

I think she’s had work done on her face as well as maybe lost a little weight. She still over-filters, but whatever she had done makes her look a bit better. I think she’s had a little volume added to her lips — not enough to make her appear like duck-lips but just a teensy bit. Also, maybe fillers in her face to balance it out. 

• Like 3
  • Useful 1

Meri needs to seek therapy.  To alter one's real physical attributes as much Meri does with her flamboyant use of filters is to me indicative of some sort if psychosis.  In real life her skin is blotchy, and her face is wide and unevenly colored.  She has the shoulders of a football player. In other words, she's a menopausal or post-menipausal woman.  Ain't nothing wrong with that; it just is what it is.

For me, it's surprising to see Meri's altered pics next to her show pics because they are so jarringly different.  Back in the day Meri was very pretty with her long blonde hair and blue eyes.  Her figure was nice. So was mine...now, not so much!  😪  People used to stop me on the sidewalk and ask if I was a hair model.  Now, folks ask me if I've ever heard of conditioner, namely "Horses Mane"!  😒😒😛

• Like 3
  • LOL 15

I agree @Rabbit Hutch that excessive use of filtering is worrying. Meri is busy creating a virtual version of the woman she wants to be. And while doing so, she is focusing on all her perceived flaws. That’s even more damaging for your self-esteem.

It’s not just her looks; it’s everything. Virtual Meri is beautiful, happy, smart, successful with a lot of friends. Yet I suspect that her real life is very empty and unfulfilling, though she seems to be doing ok in her professional life. She really needs help if you ask me….

• Like 18
  • Useful 1
  • Love 1
On 7/26/2023 at 9:02 PM, LilyD said:

I agree @Rabbit Hutch that excessive use of filtering is worrying. Meri is busy creating a virtual version of the woman she wants to be. And while doing so, she is focusing on all her perceived flaws. That’s even more damaging for your self-esteem.

It’s not just her looks; it’s everything. Virtual Meri is beautiful, happy, smart, successful with a lot of friends. Yet I suspect that her real life is very empty and unfulfilling, though she seems to be doing ok in her professional life. She really needs help if you ask me….

I’ve suspected this ever since Meri discovered filters. And it get it — we all have things we don’t like about ourselves. But the image she’s creating and her real self are so vastly different it can’t be healthy. This “positivity” personality she’s creating is also hard to believe, given Meri’s grumpy, sour presence on the show. I genuinely hope she’s changed and I think she knows she comes across as bitter and angry. 

I think maybe she had some work done on her face and that’s perfectly okay — honestly, it’s better than the overuse of filter. I guess we’ll find out this season when we see her on the show. 

• Like 9
36 minutes ago, TurtlePower said:

I’ve suspected this ever since Meri discovered filters. And it get it — we all have things we don’t like about ourselves. But the image she’s creating and her real self are so vastly different it can’t be healthy. This “positivity” personality she’s creating is also hard to believe, given Meri’s grumpy, sour presence on the show. I genuinely hope she’s changed and I think she knows she comes across as bitter and angry. 

I think maybe she had some work done on her face and that’s perfectly okay — honestly, it’s better than the overuse of filter. I guess we’ll find out this season when we see her on the show. 

Even if she had exterior work done, she will never find peace and contentment until she works from the inside out.

I would like to see her become aware enough that she confronts K & R and pulls a Danielle to Mohamed (90 Day Fiance reference) "You Used Me!!!" and cite specific instances.

Instead, according to the previews, she says something like "sorry, I still have hope" to Kody.  Later in the preview, she is aware enough to say to Robyn, "Kody is done with me"...but all it would take is a few encouraging words from Robyn and she would be right back on her life treadmill, stomping as hard as she can and going nowhere.

Oh, and if she is having cosmetic work done, start with that damn tooth.

• Like 11
  • Sad 2
  • Love 1

Dental work is so expensive.  Man……If she can get away with a crown it’s pricey, but an implant?  Omg….. more thousands.  And a long process.  

I just saw this piece, though I apologize for the link.  

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-12360731/Sister-Wives-star-Meri-Brown-follows-narcissistic-ABUSE-healing-coach-helps-people-heal-toxic-relationships-TikTok-wake-split-polygamous-husband-Kody.html

• Like 2
  • Useful 1

I think Meri's only solution with that tooth is an implant and having had to have one due a decades old problem, I will never blame her for not removing a functional tooth and replacing it with an implant solely for cosmetic reasons.  I'm not sure my dentist would even consider it.  

• Like 5
  • Applause 1
1 hour ago, Absolom said:

I think Meri's only solution with that tooth is an implant and having had to have one due a decades old problem, I will never blame her for not removing a functional tooth and replacing it with an implant solely for cosmetic reasons.  I'm not sure my dentist would even consider it.  

Dentists will do them for cosmetic reasons but it's expensive and painful and a long process (I'm right in the middle of one for non-cosmetic reasons). 

• Like 3
  • Hugs 2
  • Useful 2

So a porcelain crown is not an option?  I had my smile 6 upper teeth crowned 11 years ago, as they were worn and stained (not brown, but definitely not white.)  

Implants are scary, to me.  I feel badly for people with missing front teeth.  The cost before insurance for my 6 crowns was 10 grand.  I can only imagine what implants cost, and the pain must be terrible.

I wonder if bleaching it would help?  

• Like 2
  • Useful 3

If the tooth is brown because of injury, bleaching will not help.  Again if it's due to injury, it's a poor risk for a crown.  As vain as Meri is, I'm sure she has looked into the options and has made the decision she thinks is best for her at the moment.  

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
2 hours ago, xwordfanatik said:

So a porcelain crown is not an option?  I had my smile 6 upper teeth crowned 11 years ago, as they were worn and stained (not brown, but definitely not white.)  

Implants are scary, to me.  I feel badly for people with missing front teeth.  The cost before insurance for my 6 crowns was 10 grand.  I can only imagine what implants cost, and the pain must be terrible.

I have 10 upper porcelain veneers for cosmetic reasons.  It was very expensive, imo.  I had zero dental insurance at the time, but it likely wouldn’t have covered it, since my teeth were perfectly healthy. I just wanted a perfect smile, which I did get.  They look awesome and I don’t regret it, but it is involved. Lots of time in a dental chair. They must file your teeth down to attach the veneer or crown. If it’s injured…..Idk.  Sounds risky. I had to get a root canal on a front top tooth and since it had a veneer, it was tricky.  I’m in the process of getting an implant on a bottom molar (old root canal failed and got fractured root) and that’s really expensive and lengthy.  I’ve learned just how precious a good natural tooth is.  I guess dealing with fixing one tooth isn’t that intensive, but I’d really weigh the risk.  

Edited by SunnyBeBe
  • Like 4
  • Useful 2
8 hours ago, xwordfanatik said:

It depends on what is wrong with the tooth. For a crown, there has to be enough tooth left so the crown has something to be attached to. I had a crown on my tooth, but eventually the underlying tooth decayed and what was left of it had to be pulled. So now there is nothing to attach a crown to. It has healed and the next step is to put a post in in my jaw. After that heals, the implant (an entire fake tooth) will be affixed to the post.

In short, if Meri’s tooth is just discolored but not otherwise diseased, she could maybe bleach it or have it ground down and a crown put on. But if the tooth itself is decaying, eventually her only option will be an implant.

• Like 2
  • Useful 3

Hey, maybe Meri's tooth should get it's own thread!  

Call it:

"Hanging Out in Meri's Mouth", or

"Tella Tooth, Getting Down to the Root of All Things Meri";

or

"The Tooth's View, Glad to Never See Kootie's Tongue Again"

• LOL 10
On 7/16/2023 at 8:53 AM, ginger90 said:

Meri’s choice of caption is so Meri, and that’s all I’m going to say.

From Gwen’s wedding:

D85206A3-7A47-4F1C-A8F3-213A0CEFAB36.jpeg

F366FC08-1157-4D3B-9E8F-B0D7775B62F3.jpeg

What kind of outfit is Leon wearing? They look like they are 70 years old. Like Mr. Furley from Three's company.

• Like 1
  • LOL 6
On 8/1/2023 at 10:59 PM, Elizzikra said:

Dentists will do them for cosmetic reasons but it's expensive and painful and a long process (I'm right in the middle of one for non-cosmetic reasons). 

She can get dental bonding. Or a veneer.

• Like 1

I’m on the episode after Maddie’s birth, and Meri is pulling out all her victim faces  in ky opinion , meri was mad that Nancy didn’t say she was right and the sister wives did her wrong .  And then in Christine’s library, she kept saying she’s guarded. No you have gone defensive from the start .  

• Like 6
1 hour ago, dariafan said:

I’m on the episode after Maddie’s birth, and Meri is pulling out all her victim faces  in ky opinion , meri was mad that Nancy didn’t say she was right and the sister wives did her wrong .  And then in Christine’s library, she kept saying she’s guarded. No you have gone defensive from the start .  

I haven't rewatched the episode but as I recall, Meri returned from the airport after picking up Leon and Audrey, walked into the house in giddy high spirits. They could have asked the camera crew what was up.  

There was nothing preventing Meri from shooting Janelle or Christine a text to say...hey we're back, let us know when it would be convenient to come over. 

Meri understandably would want to spend time with Leon and Audrey. Surely she didn't expect that the 3 of them should be invited to attend the birthing scene.

• Like 6
  • Applause 1

I just listened to the Surviving Sister Wives podcast and the latest episode is a recap of this.  The hosts made some points I didn't think of at the time - they lay the blame for the Maddie fiasco at the feet of everyone BUT Meri, and they presented points I hadn't thought of at the time.

Supposedly Maddie's birth plan was that once she started pushing, everyone needed to leave except for Caleb and the midwife.  But Christine, Robyn and Kody stayed on (as well as some of the kids).  Meri had received a group text from Kody at one point saying that no one could come over until he said so (typical).  When Meri popped in and heard nothing, she assumed that everyone had left because Maddie was laboring - per Maddie's wishes.  I recall Christine and/or Robyn asking where Meri was while they were sitting on folding chairs in the general admission section of the bathroom, against Maddie's wishes (but when you're in hard labor, you sometimes don't care who is watching - that's when Caleb should've stepped in, but I digress).  Those who were there didn't text Meri at all - they just sat there wondering where she was.  But she had been told to stay away.  It was kind of a passive-aggressive way to keep Meri away when the other adults should've been gone as well and taken their kids with them. 

Stupid long story short, no one who was there wanted Meri there, but they shouldn't have been there either.  Great way for the adults to use a once-in-a-lifetime event as a way to push Meri further away than she already was.

Also, was there a huge bag of dry dogfood in Janelle's bathroom where Maddie was laboring or am I just making that up?

Edited by laurakaye
  • Like 7
  • Mind Blown 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Applause 1
  • Useful 8
  • LOL 1
On 8/15/2023 at 11:09 AM, laurakaye said:

Those who were there didn't text Meri at all - they just sat there wondering where she was.  But she had been told to stay away.  It was kind of a passive-aggressive way to keep Meri away when the other adults should've been gone as well and taken their kids with them. 

Stupid long story short, no one who was there wanted Meri there, but they shouldn't have been there either.  Great way for the adults to use a once-in-a-lifetime event as a way to push Meri further away than she already was.

Also, was there a huge bag of dry dogfood in Janelle's bathroom where Maddie was laboring or am I just making that up?

This whole debacle really did showcase that Meri really wasn't involved much with the whole family at that time. Meri truly was the only adult in that family that respected the original plan and it was Christine and Robyn that pushed themselves into the "general admission seating" (🤣 )...even admitting it on camera.

Another addition is when they were all in the "therapy" scenes with Nancy and there is a moment when Robyn (thinks) she is consoling Meri...but actually making it all worse. She says that it was Maddie who at some point asked "where is Meri" but no one moved forward to see if THEY could invite Meri at that moment. There is a quick flash where Robyn glances off the camera in the direction where Christine is sitting and you get the feeling that Robyn and Christine worked out their stories ahead of time. The whole "ohhh, it wasn't MY birth to overstep Maddie's' boundaries..." When they themselves overstepped and backed over them multiple times.

However...we never heard a word from Maddie. The crew at least walked us through the timeline with time stamps on the screen...but radio silence from Maddie.

I have no idea about the dog food, but the general clutter and untidiness/uncleanliness has been noted a lot. They had DAYS to clean and prep things after Maddie showed the first signs and didn't do much of anything but find the biggest tupperware bowl available for floating in the tub for potential vomiting...

• Like 6
  • Applause 1
  • Love 2
4 minutes ago, ginger90 said:

It wasn’t small.

1CD61EBC-83B7-43B3-B2C7-2672585A776C.webp

8C82437E-832A-4BC3-8B42-8B7AAD81BDED.webp

It really makes you wonder why they left Vegas when you see the houses - I think this bathroom is as big as Janelle's apartment at the end of last season.

• Like 11
  • Sad 1
  • LOL 1