Type keyword(s) to search

Meri Brown and her Wet Bar of Tears

• Start Topic

21 hours ago, oliviabenson said:

D8CBA747-3755-448E-B207-C373B7C416BA.jpeg

AC1D97E1-E309-493D-8FE8-2FF93E08C94E.jpeg

How many photos did Meri take of herself pretending to laugh before she captured just the right amount of fake joy with a minimal amount of her meaty upper arm holding the selfie stick?  I'm going to guess she took no less than 25 photos and spent about two hours filtering and crafting her deep thoughts.  What a joke.

I loved how one of the comments said something like "happy people use sunscreen."

21 hours ago, TurtlePower said:

I’d rather put $6k towards a trip to the UK than spend one minute with this miserable, jealous, self-absorbed, polyester-wearing, obnoxiously loud old bag. 

For real, there are so many fantastic vacations one could take with 6 grand.  That said, I need for at least a couple of people to take her up on this offer so we can see pictures of Meri and these complete strangers pretending to guffaw over a bowl of Rice Krispies, or forcing out a hearty chortle when Meri allows them to participate in the first 5 minutes of Fridays with Friends and then shoves them out of camera range.

Edited by laurakaye
  • LOL 13
  • Love 3
45 minutes ago, laurakaye said:

I need for at least a couple of people to take her up on this offer so we can see pictures of Meri and these complete strangers pretending to guffaw over a bowl of Rice Krispies, or forcing out a hearty chortle when Meri allows them to participate in the first 5 minutes of Fridays with Friends and then shoves them out of camera range.

Do you think she'll actually let them take photos/vidoes? Or will she direct everyone to leave their phones in the bowl by the door? 

• LOL 8
  • Love 2

I think this retreat is all because she’s been hanging out with that Danelle Delgado hag for the last couple months…. It’s all she’s been talking about lately… her relationship with super, awesome, next level human Danelle and everything she’s been learning from her.

I think Danelle has been pumping Up Meri’s ego and telling her that she could have retreats and make mountains of cash 💰 

not that long ago she had Meri lumber onstage as a motivational speaker at one of her gatherings…. She’s convinced Meri that people will pay thousands just to breathe the same air and share a Krispie treat.

• Like 7
  • LOL 3
  • Love 4

Oh boy! Only $6,000 to have Meri teach me to become a next-level human and possibly to be able to sleep in a dusty, haunted room with a stranger on the other side of my bed there. Who wouldn't want to do that???? Of course, my application won't probably be accepted because I'm not already next level enough to learn to be made even more next levely by some poorly defined activities and stale rice crispy treats. 

Do you think I'll learn to blow a banana? Asking for a friend. 

• LOL 6
  • Love 3

Hey y'all, did you know you can stay on Dolly's tour bus for 2 nights for $10,000? It comes with passes to all shows and events, 3 meals a day, and personal chef sets up by the bus and makes 5 course evening meals. Oh and you can use the adjacent hotel and its amenities at your leisure as well.

So lets compare

• Meri v Dolly
  • Retro home v Dolly's bus (and hotel)
  • Ordinary meals v 5 course chef meals
  • A walk in the woods v various shows, museums, etc
  • Meri keeps $ v Dolly donates $ for books for kids
  • $6000 v $10,000
  • Meri v Dolly
  • Meri v Dolly
Edited by GeeGolly
  • Like 8
  • Love 12
On 10/9/2022 at 3:01 PM, oliviabenson said:

I would maybe spend $500 for a weekend retreat at musty rice Krispy manor with Meri! Not $6,000.

And while there I bet Meri would sell you her Lulano to wear home.

I’m sure this is a way to actually recruit folks to her down line, a scam in both directions.

The $6,000 price tag is to weed out undesirables.

• Useful 3
  • Love 6
21 hours ago, laurakaye said:

How many photos did Meri take of herself pretending to laugh before she captured just the right amount of fake joy with a minimal amount of her meaty upper arm holding the selfie stick?  I'm going to guess she took no less than 25 photos and spent about two hours filtering and crafting her deep thoughts.  What a joke.

I loved how one of the comments said something like "happy people use sunscreen."

For real, there are so many fantastic vacations one could take with 6 grand.  That said, I need for at least a couple of people to take her up on this offer so we can see pictures of Meri and these complete strangers pretending to guffaw over a bowl of Rice Krispies, or forcing out a hearty chortle when Meri allows them to participate in the first 5 minutes of Fridays with Friends and then shoves them out of camera range.

This x 1,000. Meri works so hard at crafting this online version of herself that doesn’t resemble her actual self (aka catfishing how ironic). As time goes on, it gets worse and worse. 

And the second part — there’s Meri clumsily clamouring for all the attention on FWF. How is Jenn even her friend? Meri talks over her all the time like the attention hog she is.

And when Meri said she was surprised Kody suggested she move to the B&B — she still doesn’t get it. Kody doesn’t want anything to do with her. He probably wishes she’d left instead of Christine. 

• Applause 7
  • Love 1
On 10/7/2022 at 3:23 PM, GeeGolly said:

All right who lives nearby? Someone needs to take one for the team.

I was gonna say... I live nearby but I'm not freaking loaded, so I guess I will be sitting this one out. 

Also someone asked a bit ago what her necklace she had on in Mexico said. I think it says "Ubuntu"

Edited by I8A 4RE
Fix spelling
  • Like 2
8 hours ago, TurtlePower said:

And when Meri said she was surprised Kody suggested she move to the B&B — she still doesn’t get it. Kody doesn’t want anything to do with her. He probably wishes she’d left instead of Christine. 

I seem to recall a discussion about the loan she took out having a clause that she couldn’t live in the bnb. I think it was in this thread, because I doubt it would have come up in the episodes where she was pitching this to the fambly as a group investment. I cannot imagine she would want to live there anyway especially with Bonnie gone. 
speaking of Bonnie, the book makes it pretty clear that Bonnie was a big believer in polygamy.  Maybe I am reading too much in between the lines, but I came away with the impression  that Meri was under pressure from her mother to stay. I came away with fairly negative feelings toward Bonnie. That being said I know how painful losing a mother is. Also I think much of her anger is at herself for bringing Robin into the nest and not standing up to kody when he brought Janelle in.  Also I don’t think she is all that close with Leon.

these people are all a mess.  

• Like 2
  • Sad 1
  • Love 7
6 hours ago, I8A 4RE said:

Also someone asked a bit ago what her necklace she had on in Mexico said. I think it says "Ubuntu"

She is either a fan of the Ubuntu open source computer operating system or the Nguni Bantu term meaning "humanity". It is sometimes translated as "I am because we are" (also "I am because you are"), or "humanity towards others" 

Edited by deirdra
  • Useful 6
55 minutes ago, deirdra said:

She is either a fan of the Ubuntu open source computer operating system or the Nguni Bantu term meaning "humanity". It is sometimes translated as "I am because we are" (also "I am because you are"), or "humanity towards others" 

That doesn't sound like our Meri, who would NEVER steal platitudes from someone else!

• LOL 6

Meri posted about the retreat on her Facebook page. The comments are not good, as far as what Meri would want. I’m surprised they haven’t been deleted. One post about it has over 4,000 comments, the other has close to 700!

• Like 2
  • Useful 3
  • LOL 1
  • Love 1
1 hour ago, ginger90 said:

Meri posted about the retreat on her Facebook page. The comments are not good, as far as what Meri would want. I’m surprised they haven’t been deleted. One post about it has over 4,000 comments, the other has close to 700!

Holy shit, there is maybe one positive post for every 50 or so negative-ish posts. Most posts are understandably comparing great vacations to the cost of this retreat.

Edited by GeeGolly
  • Like 4
  • Applause 3
  • Love 2
14 minutes ago, GeeGolly said:

Holy shit, there maybe is one positive post for every 50 or so negative-ish post. Most posts are understandably comparing great vacations for the cost of this retreat.

I am convinced that Meri's lofty goals can be attributed to Meri's latest mentor, Danelle Delgado.  I am sure that Meri has invested heavily to have her already over-inflated ego pumped up.

"Know your worth" seems to be the mantra, the moot point is, what value could be placed on a few hours of guidance and encouragement from the likes of Meri Brown?

• Like 4
  • Love 8

Meri totally missed the mark on this "retreat" b.s. What could have been successful is to do something over Halloween, maybe to a murder mystery weekend type theme (Ideally the person wearing the worst LuLurot cloths gets axed). Seriously, arrange for a small bus to take to a vineyard one day, stop at a local farm for apples and pumpkins, have a catered dinner, things like that at a reasonable price would be good. I am certainly not shelling out thousands of dollars for someone to show me how to photshop my pictures, telling me to "live my why" and that I am a boss babe and try to sell me overpriced clothing or lure me into this horrific MLM. 

• Like 7
  • Applause 4
  • LOL 1
  • Love 4
5 hours ago, Sandy W said:

I am convinced that Meri's lofty goals can be attributed to Meri's latest mentor, Danelle Delgado.  I am sure that Meri has invested heavily to have her already over-inflated ego pumped up.

"Know your worth" seems to be the mantra, the moot point is, what value could be placed on a few hours of guidance and encouragement from the likes of Meri Brown?

Hi Sandy!  You have been missed here.  ❤️

• Love 7
5 hours ago, Sandy W said:

Hi Sandy! ❤️              

I totally agree, I think Danelle Delgado put this retreat idea in Meri’s head and she’s so full of herself that she jumped on it…. I hope it falls flat!

Im hoping we get a sleuth signing up and giving us a peek inside the retreat.

• LOL 6
11 minutes ago, Joan of Argh said:

Hi Sandy! ❤️              

I totally agree, I think Danelle Delgado put this retreat idea in Meri’s head and she’s so full of herself that she jumped on it…. I hope it falls flat!

Im hoping we get a sleuth signing up and giving us a peek inside the retreat.

Joan, I hope so, too.  I don't have Facebook, but I'd love to read the comments telling her what a greedy bitch she is!  She must be blocking people like there's no tomorrow!  😁

• Love 4
1 hour ago, Rabbit Hutch said:

Good to see ya posting again, Sandy!  I was getting ready to send you an email to see if you ran off to Temptation Island with some hunk of burning love.  😉

Taking response to Small Talk...

• Love 4
26 minutes ago, dariafan said:

Her reaction when filming when she was saying kody suggested she move to the inn …. Wow.  He’s told her to move. Not hinted.  Not joked.  Told her 

And what made it worse was Meri's insistence that Kody hadn't realized she didn't want to move there.

He knows. He just doesn't care.

One thing I've wondered about Meri: does she actually try to see Kody and make an attempt to fix her marriage, or does she just hope he'll miss her and will make the effort himself?

• Like 2
  • Useful 2

One thing I've wondered about Meri: does she actually try to see Kody and make an attempt to fix her marriage, or does she just hope he'll miss her and will make the effort himself?

It looks to me like Kody has shoved Meri away hard and wants nothing to do with her. He's allowed to have 4 wives, but her having one boyfriend/catfish is apparently unforgivable. I think he even said at one point that he's disgusted by her. 

Meri needs to get some self esteem and leave.

• Like 2
  • Love 8
2 hours ago, Kellyee said:

It looks to me like Kody has shoved Meri away hard and wants nothing to do with her. He's allowed to have 4 wives, but her having one boyfriend/catfish is apparently unforgivable. I think he even said at one point that he's disgusted by her. 

Oh, he definitely doesn't want anything to do with her, full stop.

But do you (or anyone) think she tries to hang out with him/fix their marriage, or is she just sitting at home hoping he calls her?

• Like 3
2 hours ago, Kellyee said:

This. Kody’s all but told her he hates her and wants nothing to do with her. He may need to in order to get that message through her thick skull.

Meri: He doesn’t miss you. He doesn’t care how “happy” and independent you act. He wants you gone. 

• Like 1
  • Applause 2
  • Love 2

Kody tells Meri all these things but he won't 'divorce' her. Because... he doesn't really want her gone. He wants her to remain 'married' to him and to want him. Just another example of Kody being an asshole.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1
  • Love 5

This family and their endless vacations!  

Yet another Disney trip, jeez.  

Will we ever know how many sycophants signed up for her "retreat?"  It's going to be a recruitment for LuLaCrap, so Meri can enrich her pockets even more.👎  🤮

• Like 4
  • Love 1
2 hours ago, GeeGolly said:

He wants her to remain 'married' to him and to want him. Just another example of Kody being an asshole.

I think that's his way of punishing her for the catfish. She doesn't "get" to move on, and she sees how happy he is without her around.

• Like 2
  • Sad 1
  • Applause 2
  • Love 1
1 hour ago, ginger90 said:

4BFC4E61-3325-40EF-B2E6-69B238FE8A64.jpeg

What is it with her and Disney? It’s a loud, overpriced, overcrowded and overrated sheeple-trap. There’s literally no room for “fun” — you can barely raise your arms without bumping into another person.

For a woman who claims to love “adventure” and “solitude”, she sure doesn’t get far off the beaten path. Meri’s the type who goes to the Grand Canyon, photographs herself on the rim and makes it look like she hiked to the bottom and back (good thing I suppose she looks like the average city slicker who needs rescue). 

• Like 3
  • Applause 2
  • Love 5

I am gobsmacked about this retreat. I had thought it was on a cruise ship, but I just realized it is at her bandb. I just peaked at the info on her web site. I wonder how  many people she is expecting. The house won’t hold that many people and she mentioned putting the overflow in rooms elsewhere. Where? Does she have a block of rooms reserved at a hotel?  I see applications close next week. It will be interesting to see how many people sign up. Is this for other Lularoe coaches?  Do they all hold these retreats and people attend each others’ retreats.  Seems possibly sketchy.  Will TLC  be filming part of it?

• Like 1
  • Love 2
3 hours ago, Twopper said:

I am gobsmacked about this retreat. I had thought it was on a cruise ship, but I just realized it is at her bandb. I just peaked at the info on her web site. I wonder how  many people she is expecting. The house won’t hold that many people and she mentioned putting the overflow in rooms elsewhere. Where? Does she have a block of rooms reserved at a hotel?  I see applications close next week. It will be interesting to see how many people sign up. Is this for other Lularoe coaches?  Do they all hold these retreats and people attend each others’ retreats.  Seems possibly sketchy.  Will TLC  be filming part of it?

For $4,500 you get to stay at another house near her B&B, For $6,000 plus you get to stay at the B&B with Meri 

The application sounds like it’s open to everyone not just Lularot folks.

In case anyone missed it here’s the printout from Meri’s website:

D4EE2A58-1E05-467F-8798-B016FA1147D9.jpeg

78BE19C4-8E10-4BC3-B1FB-CFF855915E67.jpeg

49352625-5188-4452-86B4-8FB8D691B6CE.jpeg

Edited by Joan of Argh
Pic
  • Like 1
  • Mind Blown 1
  • LOL 3

If I had the time and unlimited resources, I might would do it just for the frigging hell of it.  Can you imagine the stories you’d have?  🤣 I bet she sells out. I’m not kidding. There are some fans that will go to extreme measures to meet and greet.  Years ago, I met some teens who were able to travel all across the country to Osmond concerts! They were big then.  They even stayed at places like Caesar’s Palace in Vegas and hung out with them at the pool!  They had photos to prove it!  I hope she has some security.  You never know about people.  

• Like 3
26 minutes ago, SunnyBeBe said:

If I had the time and unlimited resources, I might would do it just for the frigging hell of it.  Can you imagine the stories you’d have?  🤣 I bet she sells out. I’m not kidding. There are some fans that will go to extreme measures to meet and greet.  Years ago, I met some teens who were able to travel all across the country to Osmond concerts! They were big then.  They even stayed at places like Caesar’s Palace in Vegas and hung out with them at the pool!  They had photos to prove it!  I hope she has some security.  You never know about people.  

Shoot me now this is more than I want to know ever...Just shoot me now...

• LOL 2
5 hours ago, Joan of Argh said:

The application sounds like it’s open to everyone not just Lularot folks.

Anyone can fill out the application, but Meri is going to choose who gets to attend. Will she do a background check, stalk their social media, check to see if they’ve ever been blocked by her, attempt to run a credit report? What’s the criteria? She’s certainly not going to choose randomly from entries.

• Like 3
  • LOL 1
  • Love 2
8 minutes ago, ginger90 said:

Anyone can fill out the application, but Meri is going to choose who gets to attend. Will she do a background check, stalk their social media, check to see if they’ve ever been blocked by her, attempt to run a credit report? What’s the criteria? She’s certainly not going to choose randomly from entries.

Exactly… it’s an “application” not a “reservation” 

Like any application she’ll go through them and decide who meets her criteria.

• Like 3
  • LOL 1
  • Love 1

I'm tempted to apply, just for the hell of it, using one of my "burner" emails, but they want a phone number.  I wonder if there's an interview?  Or if the follow-up is "Send the check to:"

Edited by Fosca
  • LOL 4
  • Love 1
17 minutes ago, Fosca said:

I'm tempted to apply, just for the hell of it, using one of my "burner" emails, but they want a phone number.  I wonder if there's an interview?  Or if the follow-up is "Send the check to:"

Yes do it!!!  I’d love to hear what kind of response you get. 😂

• Like 2
  • LOL 5
1 hour ago, Fosca said:

She'll probably make you provide proof of funds prior to the interview. 

• LOL 6
  • Love 1