Type keyword(s) to search

Meri Brown and her Wet Bar of Tears

• Start Topic

6 minutes ago, tabloidlover said:

Another vacation??  From WHAT???

I was thinking the same thing and with what money?? I cannot understand how they can travel,  pay for college, have kids over travelling in Europe and afford all those homes makes me so mad.

• Love 3

I'm sure TLC pays for all the family travel and everything else filmed. College is paid for by loans the kids take, and I still can't fathom how they afford those houses.

At least, besides the TLC income, Meri seems to be doing well with the Lularoe. I got bored and left her group, but she sold a few thousand dollars worth or merchandise several nights each week. 

• Love 4
9 minutes ago, RazzleberryPie said:

I'm sure TLC pays for all the family travel and everything else filmed. College is paid for by loans the kids take, and I still can't fathom how they afford those houses.

The only children with tuition are Mariah, Logan and Aspyn.

Logan is the student assistant to the Chief of Staff of UNLV, Honors student, scholarship recipient, etc.  No loans needed.

Aspyn is the President on UNLV's Panhellenic Council.  Her tuition is most likely taken care of by her sorority or an alumni.

Mariah is the only one dumb/spoiled enough to saddle herself with $30-$40K in annual tuition/living expenses debt to go to Westminster.

• Love 5
16 minutes ago, CofCinci said:

The only children with tuition are Mariah, Logan and Aspyn.

Logan is the student assistant to the Chief of Staff of UNLV, Honors student, scholarship recipient, etc.  No loans needed.

Aspyn is the President on UNLV's Panhellenic Council.  Her tuition is most likely taken care of by her sorority or an alumni.

Mariah is the only one dumb/spoiled enough to saddle herself with $30-$40K in annual tuition/living expenses debt to go to Westminster.

Isn't one of the boys also in the reserves or National guard? That can also cover a lot of expenses in exchange for their service.

NG doesn't pay for college like active duty unless Garrison starts to deploy.  Then he would need to accrue X amount of active duty days to receive percentage of GI Bill. It's complex. I am an active duty veteran and I always saddened to learn about the limited benefits NG and Reserves receive. 

• Love 4
3 hours ago, RazzleberryPie said:

At least, besides the TLC income, Meri seems to be doing well with the Lularoe. I got bored and left her group, but she sold a few thousand dollars worth or merchandise several nights each week. 

I don't think she's clearing all that much. She only does the live feeds for an hour at a time. She was selling leggings for two 1-hour sessions. At most she probably showed 30-40 pairs of leggings during each live feed (there was plenty of dead time where she read comments and responded or just left the room!) The leggings sell for $24 but she pays $12.  So her profit before expenses would be at most $480-$500. The Friday before Christmas she gave free shipping on all purchases.  So that cuts into her profits as well. She gets a lot of viewers but I suspect most like me are looky loos.

It's MLM. the house always wins. 

IMG_9226.PNG

Edited by DakotaJustice
  • Love 4
2 hours ago, DakotaJustice said:

Bullshit. If this is in fact happening then report it to Facebook and they'll delete the page in a hot minute.

Seriously. It's as simple as that. I'm waiting for Meri  to "update" that she comes  home one day  & the scammers are sitting in her living room. 

Thank goodness she's selling leggings &  isn't working with at-risk youth. 

"Hey Meri I met a  Nigerian Prince online" 

"Yay...I'm so happy for you"

Edited by Sista Snarky
  • Love 2
2 hours ago, DakotaJustice said:

Bullshit. If this is in fact happening then report it to Facebook and they'll delete the page in a hot minute.

Yes, but that doesn't get any attention or sympathy...

• Love 7
3 hours ago, DakotaJustice said:

Exactly which is why I think she's just lying about the fake page.

Well, I just did a quick search on FB for Meri Brown and found her current FB page, her old FB page (hasn't been posted to in several years), her LuLaRoe pages and an old Public Person page (again, no current postings). So unless it was reported and deleted today, doesn't look like there is a boogyman page out there.

• Love 4
27 minutes ago, ginger90 said:

The way I understand it, Meri pays for her stock up front? So when she decides to keep something for herself she just pays her cost, I guess. And if I were selling a line and got many requests for a particular product, I would look into aquiring it to sell. Just me?

https://mobile.twitter.com/MeriBrown1/status/815399857544269825?p=v

Yes. You pay cost up front, but don't get to choose specific patterns. Also, you can say you want a lot of leggings, but if none are available you are on a waitlist. At first it looked like she was avoiding leggings and purchasing the really pricey items that would give her more of a profit per piece, except $25 leggings sell more than the $80 dresses, etc. 

• Love 3

Slightly OT...someone on my FB feed posted a picture of what I initially thought was a massive load of gaudy Christmas wrap.  Turned out it was 52 pairs of Lularoe leggings, and the person is giving away the entire lot to "one lucky person....one pair of Lularoe leggings a week for a year!"  I can't look at the photo for more than a couple of seconds or I get dizzy.

• Love 3
On 1/1/2017 at 0:34 PM, RazzleberryPie said:

Yes. You pay cost up front, but don't get to choose specific patterns. Also, you can say you want a lot of leggings, but if none are available you are on a waitlist. At first it looked like she was avoiding leggings and purchasing the really pricey items that would give her more of a profit per piece, except $25 leggings sell more than the $80 dresses, etc. 

Don't forget this: the required starter purchase which starts at $4800+ DOES NOT INCLUDE ANY LEGGINGS - the company's most popular item. You have to pay more to include them. 

• Love 1
10 hours ago, DakotaJustice said:

Don't forget this: the required starter purchase which starts at $4800+ DOES NOT INCLUDE ANY LEGGINGS - the company's most popular item. You have to pay more to include them. 

Seriously?  You'd think that the company would get the seller going by STARTING with the most popular item (leggings), thereby netting the seller some initial profit and a base of customers, allowing the seller to have the cash to buy more stuff, and allowing the customers to establish a relationship with the seller and be willing to buy more stuff.  How does anyone make any money selling Lularoe, anyway?

Edited by laurakaye
  • Love 2
2 minutes ago, laurakaye said:

How does anyone make any money selling Lularoe, anyway?

If it's a pyramid scheme, people make money by pulling in more suckers to sell the stuff.  It's hard to tell for sure, though, as their webpage is almost unreadable.

• Love 2
1 hour ago, AZChristian said:

If it's a pyramid scheme, people make money by pulling in more suckers to sell the stuff.  It's hard to tell for sure, though, as their webpage is almost unreadable.

Well, Lularoe is a MLM or network marketing company. So, it's a pyramid scheme. Even Mary Kay is. And Amway (I have personal experience). And all the MLMs I've ever done any programming for. They might have a physical product to sell, but the fastest,  easiest, and most reliable way to make money in any of those  companies is by recruiting other people. You usually think that MLM's selling an actual product (or products) are "better" and "less scammy" than the ones that I did programming for. In reality, they are not; they are exactly the same.

Also, sorry for being absent from all the fun conversations on here for the last three weeks or so. I took some time off (work, and from being on computers generally) after I got run over by a car on 14 Dec. No, really. I got run over while crossing the street on my way to work. Nothing broken/sprained. I'm mostly fine. Thank you for asking, though. :) It made it hard to remain in any one position for an extended time, regardless whether that was sitting, standing, or laying down. So, that made it hard to use the computer.

• Love 15
2 hours ago, laurakaye said:

Seriously?  You'd think that the company would get the seller going by STARTING with the most popular item (leggings), thereby netting the seller some initial profit and a base of customers, allowing the seller to have the cash to buy more stuff, and allowing the customers to establish a relationship with the seller and be willing to buy more stuff.  How does anyone make any money selling Lularoe, anyway?

The make money part was already answered but I wanted to answer the first part. It's absolutely nefarious that LLR doesn't include their SIGNATURE item as part of the required "starter package" but that also guarantees that pretty much every consultant will spend more than $4800 to start because really the rest of the items are nothing that you can't find at Old Navy, Lane Bryant, or Target for cheaper.  But the buyers get caught up in the bullshit and hype over this cheaply made, poorly fitted crap. Almost $100 for a polyester dress that looks like a long baseball jersey shirt and really only looks decent on most people if you buy an overpriced long duster sweater - saw identical sweaters at h&m for under $20 - to hide the bulges? Nahhhhh

• Love 2
35 minutes ago, MrSmith said:

Also, sorry for being absent from all the fun conversations on here for the last three weeks or so. I took some time off (work, and from being on computers generally) after I got run over by a car on 14 Dec. No, really. I got run over while crossing the street on my way to work. Nothing broken/sprained. I'm mostly fine. Thank you for asking, though. :) It made it hard to remain in any one position for an extended time, regardless whether that was sitting, standing, or laying down. So, that made it hard to use the computer.

Oh goodness!!  So glad that you are okay...and back as well :)

• Love 4
2 hours ago, MrSmith said:

Now that really sucks!  Welcome back to the land of the snarkers~

• Love 3

Hi all!  I didn't realize that Meri sells LulaRoe.  Ugh!  My FB feed is filled with people pawning these ugly garments off on everyone.  I have been added to groups, left the groups, and re-added by the saleswomen!  The clothing they sell looks like it is for elementary school girls, not grown women!  I guess for Meri, she adds a touch of quasi-celebrity and can get sales off of those ugly things.

• Love 1
20 hours ago, CofCinci said:

Meri seems do be doing well with the Lularoe.  She should have sold that crap years ago instead of the LIV.

What I think is her actual calling is being an organizational person for someone such as working with a bridal consultant  (for example) and make sure the plans and schedule are kept on track (not sure enough of her actual skills to be the brains, just the brawn).  She was the family packer when they moved, helped Maddie with her wedding execution day of, and just seems to have a knack for that type of thing.  I am an event person and its the little details and keeping things on schedule that not everyone is good at doing. 

• Love 2
1 hour ago, Natalie68 said:

What I think is her actual calling is being an organizational person for someone such as working with a bridal consultant  (for example) and make sure the plans and schedule are kept on track (not sure enough of her actual skills to be the brains, just the brawn).  She was the family packer when they moved, helped Maddie with her wedding execution day of, and just seems to have a knack for that type of thing.  I am an event person and its the little details and keeping things on schedule that not everyone is good at doing. 

Totally agree. Not sure I'd trust my vision of an important occasion to Meri. Not that they're all that posh, but come on. Corn cans...

Tending to (most of) the critical details to make that occasion a success? Yeah, sure. (Organizing my disastrous house, absolutely.) 

I actually gave her a lot of credit when Maddie tossed that big task onto her plate at the last minute (as far as we know).

• Love 2
7 hours ago, Galloway Cave said:

Hopefully not by reindeer ;) Welcome back and hope you are feeling better!

6 hours ago, crazycatlady58 said:

Mrsmith glad you are  better. Bet the insurance  forms were fun to fill out . 

6 hours ago, riverblue22 said:

Now that really sucks!  Welcome back to the land of the snarkers~

5 hours ago, lookeyloo said:

@MrSmith - wowed - that doesn't sound fun at all!  Glad you are doing okay and back with us.

Thanks, everyone! Fortunately, I was not run over by reindeer. Also fortunately, the guy who hit me stopped (they're having an epidemic of hit-and-runs in St. Paul and Minneapolis lately). Definitely good to be back in the land of the snarkers (and amongst friends). I might get lucky and come out of this with no lasting damage. Not sure, yet, because my knees and upper shins really took it and they're still sore. Funny enough, it's the one intersection that I never worry about getting run over at because they put in new streetlights with these super-bright LED bulbs and so it's lit up like mid-day. Contrast that to either of the other two intersections that I have to deal with which are very poorly lit and where I've had to dodge 'em on many occasions (and so I'm prepared to have to jump out of the way in those intersections).

• Love 9

@MrSmith - Clearly you now realize your error. You were going to work. You got off your couch, stopped staring at the phone checking Facebook and Tweeting strangers, and were punished for it. You are supposed to act a fool on television and have TLC document it.

• Love 8

@MrSmith, so glad you are healing and hope the knees and shins fully recover, too!

Where we live is near a cute little shopping center with restaurants and stores. I can't tell you how many cars have almost hit me in the intersections while the drivers are distracted by the sights and sounds. Your post reminds me to be extra vigilant. Ugh. 

Welcome back!

• Love 1
15 hours ago, MrSmith said:

Thanks, everyone! Fortunately, I was not run over by reindeer. Also fortunately, the guy who hit me stopped (they're having an epidemic of hit-and-runs in St. Paul and Minneapolis lately). Definitely good to be back in the land of the snarkers (and amongst friends). I might get lucky and come out of this with no lasting damage. Not sure, yet, because my knees and upper shins really took it and they're still sore. Funny enough, it's the one intersection that I never worry about getting run over at because they put in new streetlights with these super-bright LED bulbs and so it's lit up like mid-day. Contrast that to either of the other two intersections that I have to deal with which are very poorly lit and where I've had to dodge 'em on many occasions (and so I'm prepared to have to jump out of the way in those intersections).

Glad you're healing up and glad yours stopped. I've been hit 3 times by cars, none stopped (of course I punched the hood of the last one before falling so he was scared of me). When you've been running as long as I have, the chances go up for being hit by cars.

• Love 3
1 hour ago, Runnergirl said:

Glad you're healing up and glad yours stopped. I've been hit 3 times by cars, none stopped (of course I punched the hood of the last one before falling so he was scared of me). When you've been running as long as I have, the chances go up for being hit by cars.

LOL. I punched the hood of the last one that almost hit me. In my defense, he didn't hit me only because I put my hands on his hood and was able to shift my weight off my feet, which enabled me to slide along the pavement. I'm positive I left an impression. :D

• Love 4
On 12/3/2016 at 8:51 PM, DakotaJustice said:

You remember they put EVERYTHING on the mortgage loan including the washer/dryer and those ugly blinds in all the houses, one would think that meri or Robyn who wanted a 'craft room' would be able to either sew up some curtains or at least buy some at Walmart. 

NO with Meri it was the Wet Bar? Giggle. 

Meri needs  better business sense.

Her (Lularoe)  IG page  is mostly about posing in Lularoe items (grabbed from LLR stash) by herself or with friends.

She should be mentioning the details of her sales before the sales  instead of posting pictures of her wearing kept  LLR items that she picked out of her stash & didn't sell during sales that happened a few days prior to that. 

I could see her taking ugly leggings out of a box during a live sale that her  LLR customers watching would like to purchase...(for some strange reason) & announcing "ohhhh...sorry ladies these are MINE" while many customers exclaim how much they love & want those ugly  leggings.

"Sorry mine mine mine! You people can have all the ugly items I don't want or the stuff that doesn't   fit me me me" 

Edited by Sista Snarky
  • Love 2
2 hours ago, winsomeone said:

Myself, I would be more sad about the weight that Mariah has gained than her being gay. She is just huge for such a young person.

Probably ate her feelings for a long time. Maybe now she can be free and focus on her health. 

• Love 3
3 hours ago, ginger90 said:

Sister Wives Sneak Peek: Meri and Robyn Get Emotional Talking About Mariah Being Gay

https://www.yahoo.com/news/sister-wives-sneak-peek-meri-180006836.html

a quote from that article...

"“When I had Mariah, I had this cute little girl. I just always expected that she would grow up, meet a guy, get married, have kids,” she said in a confessional sneak peek from Sunday’s episode. “I always wanted to have a son. I always just kind of thought, ‘Well, ya know, since I never had a son, I’ll be able to kind of adopt Mariah’s husband into kind of being a son.’ And I looked forward to seeing who that was gonna be, you know? And that’s not gonna happen.”"

Yes, Meri made if very apparent how much she wanted a son when she was in a couch session talking about Mariah's birth.  She made the comment that Kody mistook the umbilical cord for male genitalia and he was excited it was a boy...however Meri stated that yes, it was "...just a girl"

I've always wondered how Mariah felt about that very public statement.  I know from personal experience, my mother favored my brother openly and when I also had two children, one male and one female she also openly favored my son over my daughter.  It might seem trivial, but the burn really sticks with you.

• Love 13

Oh, Roslyn, the things mothers do. I know so well...

I think I can understand Meri's sadness at having certain expectations for your child, and then knowing it won't happen. It can be a let down. It's so much easier to think rationally when it's other people's children, but when it's your own, it's different.  I'm sure Meri is going to eventually get over it if she leaves her religious upbringing and beliefs out of it. I think it's clear she loves loves loves Mariah.

• Love 9