Type keyword(s) to search

Leon Brown: So Here's Me

Pallas
Message added by Scarlett45,

Leon is transgender and uses they/them pronouns. As defined in the GLAAD guidelines, they are a they, were a they, and will be a they unless they ever tell us something different.  Per those guidelines, referring to them as a woman or a girl or as she is not okay, regardless of any modifier placed before these words or the time period being discussed.  Referring to them by any name besides "Leon" or "Leo" is not appropriate, regardless of the time period being discussed. Intent matters and people may slip up. Let's strive to respect their identity.

Please review the guidelines of the site regarding the Hate Speech and Insensitive Language Policy, which includes guidelines from GLAAD for the LGBTQ+ community.

Also remember the Golden Rule of Primetimer is Be Civil.

• Start Topic

09BA036A-7BBC-4C68-8508-38D958CABC06.jpeg

mariahbrwn

It’s super unrealistic to think that all of us can afford to switch every product we own to something that is sustainable, but I try to take small steps every day to decrease my waste. My fave? Obviously my hydroflask. If you know me, you know I will likely never be found without it in hand (or in my backpack) - you also know I’ll probs make fun of you for using plastic water bottles. SO! What reusable water bottle is your fave?

Mariah is her mothers daughter, both in looks and behaviors, poor thing.  If Meri thinks she's going to be forgiven I can attest to the fact that a cheating parent isn't easily forgiven.  It's not going to happen anytime soon, if ever.  Particularly since Meri refuses to acknowledge the reality of what led her to bite on catfish bait in the first place.  Plus Mariah saw it, lived with it, and stuffed a lot of it. 

My mother was unfaithful to my father.  She confided in me because I wasn't just her daughter,I was her "friend".  So, there I was, not even 19 and I get to meet my mother's lover.  What did I do with that?  Stuffed it, but I can guarantee you that I have yet to heal and it's been many, many years.  Mom has passed away and I'm still not "over it".   My sister is as vehement about it as I am, if not more so.  She was the first born and very much a daddy's girl.  

So Mariah has my sincere sympathy.  Her loyalty to her father remains unshaken and why not?   Meri would have been wiser if she'd kept her mouth shut around her idealistic, woman-child.   They fought about her being such a fool as it was happening.  NOW, Mariah needs to dill with it?  She's been dilling Meri and you need a  2x4 upside your vapid pea-brain.  Stupid is as stupid does isn't one bit funny here. 

This family is about as dysfunctional as it comes.  It's no advertisement for polygamy, that's for sure.   What icky people they have become, however they try to rah, rah, sis-boom-bah their "religion".   Mostly it's just bah.  Nothing but cultish behavior and foolishness from a pack of self-justifying mongrels.   

And guess who suffers the most.  

Edited by Claire Voyant
  • Love 10
1 hour ago, ginger90 said:

mariahbrwn

It’s super unrealistic to think that all of us can afford to switch every product we own to something that is sustainable, but I try to take small steps every day to decrease my waste. My fave? Obviously my hydroflask. If you know me, you know I will likely never be found without it in hand (or in my backpack) - you also know I’ll probs make fun of you for using plastic water bottles. SO! What reusable water bottle is your fave?

If she made fun of me for my plastic water bottle ( I don't use that many) I would probably smack her and tell her to have respect for her elders.

• Love 1
34 minutes ago, Claire Voyant said:

Mariah is her mothers daughter, both in looks and behaviors, poor thing.  If Meri thinks she's going to be forgiven I can attest to the fact that a cheating parent isn't easily forgiven.  It's not going to happen anytime soon, if ever.  Particularly since Meri refuses to acknowledge the reality of what led her to bite on catfish bait in the first place.  Plus Mariah saw it, lived with it, and stuffed a lot of it. 

My mother was unfaithful to my father.  She confided in me because I wasn't just her daughter,I was her "friend".  So, there I was, not even 19 and I get to meet my mother's lover.  What did I do with that?  Stuffed it, but I can guarantee you that I have yet to heal and it's been many, many years.  Mom has passed away and I'm still not "over it".   My sister is as vehement about it as I am, if not more so.  She was the first born and very much a daddy's girl.  

So Mariah has my sincere sympathy.  Her loyalty to her father remains unshaken and why not?   Meri would have been wiser if she'd kept her mouth shut around her idealistic, woman-child.   They fought about her being such a fool as it was happening.  NOW, Mariah needs to dill with it?  She's been dilling Meri and you need a  2x4 upside your vapid pea-brain.  Stupid is as stupid does isn't one bit funny here. 

This family is about as dysfunctional as it comes.  It's no advertisement for polygamy, that's for sure.   What icky people they have become, however they try to rah, rah, sis-boom-bah their "religion".   Mostly it's just bah.  Nothing but cultish behavior and foolishness from a pack of self-justifying mongrels.   

And guess who suffers the most.  

It was a huge mistake for Meri to include Mariah in that situation. She couldn't talk to anyone else about it, so she probably thought that Mariah would have her back. And maybe Robyn as well. But both remained loyal to Kody and the family, and of course they would - Kody is Mariah's father and Robyn's husband. But Meri was swept up in the thrill of it all and handled the entire situation horribly.

I'm sorry you had to deal with that when you were just a teenager. Parents often don't realize that marriage troubles can very negatively affect their children, regardless of age. Back in the mid-seventies when I was in maybe fifth or sixth grade my mother told me that my father was having an affair, and he planned to tell me and my siblings that he was leaving in the upcoming weekend. She told me because I was the oldest and she wanted to prepare me. I never begrudged her confiding in me, because I believe she had my best interests at heart - and of course I felt just awful, mostly for her, as her heart was clearly broken.

Well, the weekend came and went and no announcement was made. I found out later that things between my father and the woman had cooled - she was also married and all of the adults had met (how awkward that must've been!) and talked things out. If I'm remembering correctly, the woman had a change of heart about things. I have no idea what happened to that couple, but my parents stayed together, my mother forgave my father, and they remained together until my mother passed in 2016. My three younger siblings never had a clue, and only my two sisters know the story now - I'm pretty sure my brother still doesn't know. 

All this to say, couples CAN get past infidelity and work towards regaining a happy, healthy relationship - but first and foremost it takes a strong willingness from both parties to make it happen - and I just don't see that resolve coming from Kody. As for the children, that depends a lot on circumstances - and it appears that Mariah was not a fan how Meri conducted and continues to conduct herself. Mariah's not buying into Meri's victim mentality - she had a front-row seat for how things went down and she can't be fooled by Meri's version of events.

• Love 8

I have a reusable water bottle, but do not call it a "hydroflask" and it does not have a plastic stem to chew on that is impossible to keep clean.  Mine does not have a happy cartoon human on the side nor a brand name.  It is a wide-mouth stainless steel bottle that can be thoroughly cleaned with boiling water or in the dishwasher. And I've never posted a picture of it on social media. 

• LOL 5
  • Love 11
3 hours ago, ginger90 said:

mariahbrwn

It's not just unrealistic, but SUPER unrealistic.  It's not probs that you are SUPER annoying you ARE super annoying.  And arrogant.  Sit down, take several seats and STFU!!!  GAHHHH.

Sorry for the caps.  Her snottieness just bugs the ever lovin' shit out of me.  She is just an all around horrible human being.

• LOL 5
  • Love 10
12 hours ago, toodles said:

It's not just unrealistic, but SUPER unrealistic.  It's not probs that you are SUPER annoying you ARE super annoying.  And arrogant.  Sit down, take several seats and STFU!!!  GAHHHH.

Sorry for the caps.  Her snottieness just bugs the ever lovin' shit out of me.  She is just an all around horrible human being.

Great post.  Pudge just pisses me off.   Her self-important snotty attitude makes her even more unattractive.  Just like mom, former HBIC.  

• Love 8
1 hour ago, xwordfanatik said:

Great post.  Pudge just pisses me off.   Her self-important snotty attitude makes her even more unattractive.  Just like mom, former HBIC.  

Not to make excuses for Mariah, because she should have developed self-awareness by her age, but I have to wonder if her sense of entitlement and self-importance came from Meri's nurturing.  

I can imagine Meri instilling in Mariah concepts that she is the child of the HBIC, therefore has standing as an exalted one, above and superior to the other kids in the family.

• Love 6
21 hours ago, laurakaye said:

What does that question even mean?  "How does wellness feel accessible?"  Does she want to know if we live within walking distance of a yoga studio?  Does she want to know if we have access to healthcare?  Or perhaps she's asking if we need to take three buses and a subway to the nearest avocado toast shop?  Her stupid vapid pensive gaze combined with some purposefully vague and nonsensical question makes me NUTS.  Hey, Mariah - go to class and open a book and answer it yourself!  She might as well ask us if our unicorns have access to sparkles.  

If she had half a brain, she'd know that "wellness" starts in your own mind (excluding things like emergency medical care). I live in the middle of nowhere--no city, no gym, no yoga studio, no cafes for an hour in each direction. Guess what, I manage, Mariah. Wellness begins with a mindset, not "accessibility". 

She is seriously indoctrinated in city-culture. I'd love to plunk her down in the wilderness and say "go". 

• LOL 4
  • Love 6
22 minutes ago, Sandy W said:

Not to make excuses for Mariah, because she should have developed self-awareness by her age, but I have to wonder if her sense of entitlement and self-importance came from Meri's nurturing.  

I can imagine Meri instilling in Mariah concepts that she is the child of the HBIC, therefore has standing as an exalted one, above and superior to the other kids in the family.

That, coupled with just being at that age when people think they know it all, and must have whatever the latest craze is and make sure that everyone else knows they have it. Plus you know they are getting something for promoting these items.

• Love 3
19 hours ago, Claire Voyant said:

My mother was unfaithful to my father.  She confided in me because I wasn't just her daughter,I was her "friend".  So, there I was, not even 19 and I get to meet my mother's lover.  What did I do with that?  Stuffed it, but I can guarantee you that I have yet to heal and it's been many, many years.  Mom has passed away and I'm still not "over it".   

My mother did the same thing to my brother, and he was much younger, and then wondered why he spent over a decade vehemently hating her. 

• Love 1

Which why I give Mariah’s feelings towards her mother a wide degree of understanding. Now, I still thinks she pretty damn terrible and has made the term “self-care” essentially meaningless, but I completely understand her reaction to her mother. Especially tricking her into meeting “Sam” at Disney. 

• Love 7
21 minutes ago, dreadfulLeigh said:

Which why I give Mariah’s feelings towards her mother a wide degree of understanding. Now, I still thinks she pretty damn terrible and has made the term “self-care” essentially meaningless, but I completely understand her reaction to her mother. Especially tricking her into meeting “Sam” at Disney. 

I can just imagine how grossed-out Mariah must've been watching her mother acting all giddy and "in love' with some weirdo on the internet. 

I do feel some sympathy for Meri, because she was obviously very lonely. But from Mariah's perspective, I'm sure her behavior was appalling to witness.

Edited by Gothish520
  • Love 6
3 hours ago, TurtlePower said:

She is seriously indoctrinated in city-culture. I'd love to plunk her down in the wilderness and say "go". 

Thing is she will probably wind up pulling out her sharpie ( you know the one she does her brows with ) and mark X's on the trail to lead her out of the woods, 

• LOL 4
26 minutes ago, Mahamid Frauded Me said:

Thing is she will probably wind up pulling out her sharpie ( you know the one she does her brows with ) and mark X's on the trail to lead her out of the woods,

Or demand that her faux ESA lead her out or no more free airline trips for him.

• LOL 2
  • Love 2
On 2/12/2019 at 3:31 PM, ginger90 said:

mariahbrwn

I have to also sing the praises of the hydroflask.  It keeps drinks super cold.  Ice lasted in mine for over 17 hours.  They are expensive (over $30) but well worth it if you drink a lot of water and like it to stay cold.  Man, I agree with her on something!

• Love 1
23 hours ago, deirdra said:

I have a reusable water bottle, but do not call it a "hydroflask" and it does not have a plastic stem to chew on that is impossible to keep clean.  Mine does not have a happy cartoon human on the side nor a brand name.  It is a wide-mouth stainless steel bottle that can be thoroughly cleaned with boiling water or in the dishwasher. And I've never posted a picture of it on social media. 

Hydroflask is the brand name.  I do NOT have that straw for the reason you noted.  You cannot clean that stuff!

• Love 4
17 hours ago, Mahamid Frauded Me said:

Lol. We've dealt with tons of people like Mariah: "I know what I'm doing. I'm here to enhance my spirituality in the wilderness"

4 hours later to 911: "We're lost off your stupid, poorly marked trail. And send a helicopter, we don't want to miss our flight out of Vegas." 

The entitlement is profound in this demographic. 

• LOL 5
  • Love 9
On 2/12/2019 at 5:34 PM, Kohola3 said:

We monogamists just don't understand.  She's deep. Very, very deep.

Isn't Mariah a monogamist? She and Audrey aren't planning on adding "sister wives" to their relationship, are they? (Just being snarky here--I agree with the tone of your post, though).

Wonder how that would work if they did...

• Love 4
4 minutes ago, Adiba said:

Isn't Mariah a monogamist? She and Audrey aren't planning on adding "sister wives" to their relationship, are they? (Just being snarky here--I agree with the tone of your post, though).

Wonder how that would work if they did...

Every day would be Galentine's Day.   When the show first started, wasn't Mariah one of the kids who thought she might like to have sister wives?

Edited by deirdra
  • LOL 1
  • Love 6
12 hours ago, jennblevins said:

I still can’t figure out if she’s trying to pick on people who buy bottled water, or people who use plastic reusable water bottles.

She is trying to be trendy so I am going to say both.  Our city has horrible tap water so I have been buying it for over 30 years.  But I certainly don't get spun about people using plastic bottles just please recycle :).  

• Love 5
14 minutes ago, Kyanight said:

I don't know how this works, but what determines who gets the engagement ring?  Maybe both could have one?

Leave it to Mariah to wait until they were in the middle of the parade to propose, hoping for a collective AAAAWWW from the crowd.

Mariah at one time claimed an interest in the polygamous lifestyle, I wonder if sister wives are in their future?

• Love 3
1 minute ago, Sandy W said:

Leave it to Mariah to wait until they were in the middle of the parade to propose, hoping for a collective AAAAWWW from the crowd.

Mariah at one time claimed an interest in the polygamous lifestyle, I wonder if sister wives are in their future?

In order for that to happen, one of them would have to be the "husband".  Or what.... they both revolve around the bedrooms of the other wives?    I don't think polygamy is in their future.

49 minutes ago, Scarlett45 said:

I came to share. 

I'm not gonna lie, I do think this is pretty awesome. I love love, and if they are happy that's all that matters. 

I'm here for every attention-seeking, aren't we so cute, look at me me me minute of it! 

• LOL 2
  • Love 3
36 minutes ago, Natalie68 said:

Gotta get the wedding in before the show is off the air.  Baby isn't putting off a wedding when tv money can help pay for it!  

We know one place for sure they WILL NOT be having the wedding - at Meri's B&B!  Mariah could barely contain her dislike for her mom's new business.  No way will she give them the prime opportunity to show how Meri's B&B could be a great destination wedding location......

• Love 5
11 minutes ago, smarty2020 said:

We know one place for sure they WILL NOT be having the wedding - at Meri's B&B!  Mariah could barely contain her dislike for her mom's new business.  No way will she give them the prime opportunity to show how Meri's B&B could be a great destination wedding location......

Well it's not like the 6000 wedding guests (or however many - but it will be a LOT of people, it always is!) will fit in the B&B and the few neighboring places available - so there is that to consider!

• Love 2
7 minutes ago, Kyanight said:

Well it's not like the 6000 wedding guests (or however many - but it will be a LOT of people, it always is!) will fit in the B&B and the few neighboring places available - so there is that to consider!

True!  And each wedding gets exponentially bigger - can't remember how many Maddie had but Mykelti's wedding was bigger than hers and Aspyn's was even bigger I think.  Mariah could seriously have 6,000 guests.  But only 100 will get plated dinners.  

• LOL 4
3 minutes ago, smarty2020 said:

True!  And each wedding gets exponentially bigger - can't remember how many Maddie had but Mykelti's wedding was bigger than hers and Aspyn's was even bigger I think.  Mariah could seriously have 6,000 guests.  But only 100 will get plated dinners.  

Brown weddings are like Duggar weddings in one respect:  Total gift grabs.

Meri's going to bitch and moan if ANYONE dares to put a limit on the SludgePudge nuptials.  Nothing but the most for her baby!

• LOL 4
  • Love 2
2 hours ago, Kyanight said:

I don't know how this works, but what determines who gets the engagement ring? 

Apparently Sludge gets the ring or at least Pudge got her one.  Student loan money repurposed? 

And, yeah, let's make sure we pick the venue for maximum coverage because we're just so adorbs that the world needs to be blessed with as many pictures of us as possible.  I know I couldn't possibly live another day without sharing more BS from the the twits.

I don't give them 5 years.  Real life will kick in and the fun and games (all play, no work) will be the death knoll.

• LOL 3
  • Love 9
5 minutes ago, Kohola3 said:

I don't give them 5 years.  Real life will kick in and the fun and games (all play, no work) will be the death knoll.

My thoughts exactly, but I've been awfully offensive lately, so I held back, lol.   Thanks for saying what I'm thinking.

• Love 4
4 hours ago, xwordfanatik said:

Brown weddings are like Duggar weddings in one respect:  Total gift grabs.

Meri's going to bitch and moan if ANYONE dares to put a limit on the SludgePudge nuptials.  Nothing but the most for her baby!

Sign me up for another season of Sister Wives if it involves Meri whining and pouting when Kody tells her that no, he actually cannot afford to rent out a castle for Sludge & Pudge's nuptials and fly all 7,500 guests in via private jets!  Hahahahahaha, pass the popcorn, y'all!

Edited by laurakaye
  • LOL 9
  • Love 4