Type keyword(s) to search

Leon Brown: So Here's Me

Pallas
Message added by Scarlett45,

Leon is transgender and uses they/them pronouns. As defined in the GLAAD guidelines, they are a they, were a they, and will be a they unless they ever tell us something different.  Per those guidelines, referring to them as a woman or a girl or as she is not okay, regardless of any modifier placed before these words or the time period being discussed.  Referring to them by any name besides "Leon" or "Leo" is not appropriate, regardless of the time period being discussed. Intent matters and people may slip up. Let's strive to respect their identity.

Please review the guidelines of the site regarding the Hate Speech and Insensitive Language Policy, which includes guidelines from GLAAD for the LGBTQ+ community.

Also remember the Golden Rule of Primetimer is Be Civil.

• Start Topic

Have a seat Mariah and Audge.  Instead of spending time traveling to Washington to draw attention to your causes, why not volunteer with a group of immigrants to teach ESL.

Better yet, take the few thousand dollars you spent on airfare, hotels and boarding for your ESA and make an anonymous contribution to a women's shelter.

• Love 23
28 minutes ago, Sandy W said:

Better yet, take the few thousand dollars you spent on airfare, hotels and boarding for your ESA and make an anonymous contribution to a women's shelter.

Because then they could't post their pictures all over the place to prove what dedicated people they are.

Those that deserve admiration are those that eschew the spotlight to do good.  I know someone who volunteers at a hospital, hospice, and takes a service dog to hospitals, packs boxes to send to deployed soldiers, and goody bags for the people who get Meals on Wheels..  She's never taken a selfie, never posted what she does.  She gets her satisfaction not from who knows it but from the people she helps.

Fine, they went and marched. But it's the people that make a big deal about participation but never go beyond the photo op that make me stabby.  We never hear anything about using their "fame" to do good works.  The whole family makes a big deal about their "faith" but where is the "do unto others" that is a tenet of most religions?  "Spend unto us" seems to be their true faith.

• Love 14

How do they afford to go to these marches?  They are starving grad students theoretically living on student loans.  Between airfare and hotels and uber rides the trip had to cost a fair bit of money.  Unless they got Kody to pay for them in exchange for using the video on the show?  

• Love 9

Let's call it what it really is, Sludge and Pudge...a vacation to DC. You didn't help anybody. Helping would be actually volunteering your time or giving the money you spent on your vacation (which you valiantly went on without your sorely needed service animals) to a worthy cause. Or maybe even skip a few of the expensive coffee shops and brunches and donate that money.

But then that would require an actual sacrifice from these two entitled brats, wouldn't it. That wouldn't be fun for you, nor would it provide multiple photo ops for your Instagram accounts, because no one takes a picture of themselves staying home from a vacation or brunch.

I really can't stand these two hypocrites.

• Love 21
18 hours ago, xwordfanatik said:

Those hats look stupid.  And yes, Pudge, you of all people should know bullshit, like yours and Sludge's "need" for service animals.  

If ever there was a place for a service animal, it's DC. The people. The noise. The traffic. Now they don't need them??

Big, fat, pudgy, sludgy FAKERS!!

• Love 12
2 hours ago, toodles said:

Her hair is greasy and gross.😝

Every time I see hair like that hold my breath as I walk by.  Nothing worse than smelling dirty hair and hoodies and jackets that have had that dirty hair smell on them.  Yes people you need to regularly launder your outer wear.

• Love 17
On 1/19/2019 at 6:12 PM, Kohola3 said:

Those that deserve admiration are those that eschew the spotlight to do good.  I know someone who volunteers at a hospital, hospice, and takes a service dog to hospitals, packs boxes to send to deployed soldiers, and goody bags for the people who get Meals on Wheels..  She's never taken a selfie, never posted what she does.  She gets her satisfaction not from who knows it but from the people she helps.

And thank all that is good in the world for people like her! I am too emotional to work with children in need, the elderly or the infirm - I would cry regularly and go home every day a basket case. I guess I'm too selfish to put myself through that! I've long said, thank goodness for those that become doctors, nurses, EMTs, home companions, volunteers - if it wasn't for them, mankind would be screwed!

• Love 4

Enough with the "baby love" shit, Pudge. I haven't heard anything this sickening since that episode of Seinfeld where Jerry & his girlfriend keep going back and forth over which one of them is "Schmoopy". And that was MEANT to be sickening, that was the joke!

The world at large doesn't give two fucks about your romance of the century.

When an acquaintance of mine starting posting on social media how fabulous his darling wife was and how important she was to him, I thought "What's with the syrupy sweet shit? Relationship must be in serious trouble."

A few months later they announced their divorce...on social media, of course. This is why I stay off Facebook. Not interested in other people's drama...even people I know. Even less interested in Pudge and Sludge.

I did see one FB post I really enjoyed...a snarky friend of mine posted "May your life be as beautiful as you pretend it is on Facebook!"

• Love 16
15 hours ago, Sasha888 said:

Enough with the "baby love" shit, Pudge. I haven't heard anything this sickening since that episode of Seinfeld where Jerry & his girlfriend keep going back and forth over which one of them is "Schmoopy". And that was MEANT to be sickening, that was the joke!

The world at large doesn't give two fucks about your romance of the century.

When an acquaintance of mine starting posting on social media how fabulous his darling wife was and how important she was to him, I thought "What's with the syrupy sweet shit? Relationship must be in serious trouble."

A few months later they announced their divorce...on social media, of course. This is why I stay off Facebook. Not interested in other people's drama...even people I know. Even less interested in Pudge and Sludge.

I did see one FB post I really enjoyed...a snarky friend of mine posted "May your life be as beautiful as you pretend it is on Facebook!"

Been off Facebook for two and a half years and haven't missed it at all. VERY liberating. Social media definitely can be a useful tool, but more often than not it is just a competition to see who can present the most fabulous life. The average person is just trying to impress. And it can contribute to feelings of inadequacy and loneliness. A quote I read in an article about the ills of social media said "you are comparing their highlight reel to your behind the scenes", and that's a perfect way to describe it.

• Love 15
22 minutes ago, Gothish520 said:

Been off Facebook for twoand a half years and haven't missed it at all. VERY liberating. Social mediadefinitely can be a useful tool, but more often than not it is just a competition to see who can present the most fabulous life. The average person is just trying to impress. And it can contribute to feelings of inadequacy and loneliness. A quote I read in an article about the ills of social media said "you are comparing their highlight reelto your behind the scenes", and that's a perfect way to describe it.

Count me as one who has turned off Facebook.  Way too much bragging and pretentiousness for me.  My life as a retired old lady is boring, and I like it like that.  I can't dill with drama.  TV and reading provide me with enough of that.

• Love 16
2 hours ago, xwordfanatik said:

Count me as one who has turned off Facebook.  Way too much bragging and pretentiousness for me.  My life as a retired old lady is boring, and I like it like that.  I can't dill with drama.  TV and reading provide me with enough of that.

I am only on it because of 2 private groups I am in for work and keeping in touch with my staff.  Otherwise the only things that interest me are cute animal pics/videos.  It is always a sign that a relationship is doomed when the bragging starts.  Heck, I have been on FB for over 10 years and JUST friended my husband.  I don't really care what he and his buddies talk about and only friended him for family stuff.  Everyone I grew up with seems to have lost their damn minds and we no longer have anything in common so unfriended every one of them.  That said, I LOVE twitter.  Totally addicted.

• Love 9
18 minutes ago, Natalie68 said:

I am only on it because of 2 private groups I am in for work and keeping in touch with my staff.  Otherwise the only things that interest me are cute animal pics/videos.  It is always a sign that a relationship is doomed when the bragging starts.  Heck, I have been on FB for over 10 years and JUST friended my husband.  I don't really care what he and his buddies talk about and only friended him for family stuff.  Everyone I grew up with seems to have lost their damn minds and we no longer have anything in common so unfriended every one of them.  That said, I LOVE twitter.  Totally addicted.

A few years ago I signed up for Twitter and Tumblr - deleted Twitter after a few minutes and got rid of Tumblr within a few days, lol. My sister got off Facebook last year but is now addicted to Instagram.

Imagine being a "celebrity" like Mariah, having to post constantly on all types of social media. A lot of businesses don't even have real web pages, just Facebook pages. Luckily many of them are public so if I need information I can see it - as well as having to click off the annoying pop-ups trying to convince me to sign up again!

• Love 3
On 1/23/2019 at 7:39 PM, Pickleinthemiddle said:

Every time I see hair like that hold my breath as I walk by.  Nothing worse than smelling dirty hair and hoodies and jackets that have had that dirty hair smell on them.  Yes people you need to regularly launder your outer wear.

It would likely look better if she didn't color it that harsh dark. It could be damaged and require lots of treatments, which could give ti a weighed-down appearance.  Either way, dirty or clean, it's a terrible shade on her. 

• Love 9
15 minutes ago, TurtlePower said:

It would likely look better if she didn't color it that harsh dark. It could be damaged and require lots of treatments, which could give ti a weighed-down appearance.  Either way, dirty or clean, it's a terrible shade on her. 

Mariah is cursed.  She inherited hair from Kody and Meri.   Too bad she doesn't have the personality (and "ballsiness") to just shave her head bald and get a lot of piercings and tats and dress in leather and blacks.  She could take that attitude she has and be kind of "cool".

• Love 6

F82B49CB-E430-4FCD-8B1E-3B6E80BD4B9B.jpeg

mariahbrwn

Self-caring this morning with some coffee & some reading. What is your self-care looking like today? .
PS I’m absolutely obsessed with this mug we got in DC at the @newseum

mariahbrwn

#selfcare #wellnessblogger#wellnesseveryday #selfcareessentials #chicago#chicagoland #chicagoblogger #chitown

I certainly would not have posted a picture showing my raggedy bitten fingernails.  Full disclosure:  I was a nail biter, and broke the habit.

Maybe Pudge needs meditation, as well as her yoga regimen.  

Trying to seem relevant to one's fans must be very stressful.  

• Love 7
On 1/28/2019 at 6:00 PM, LilWharveyGal said:

P.S. You're giving Susan B. the finger.

LOL'd at this! ha ha ha

On 1/28/2019 at 5:58 PM, xwordfanatik said:

I certainly would not have posted a picture showing my raggedy bitten fingernails.  Full disclosure:  I was a nail biter, and broke the habit.

I wouldn't have shown that to the world either. My brittle, crappy "thyroid" nails look better than this. And I can't stand raggedy edges, I'll get out of bed and file them if they catch on my blanket. Yes I'm weird. :-P

But considering how horrible her hair looks in every pic, why would she worry about her nails? Basic grooming seems to be beyond her.

• Love 7
3 minutes ago, Kyanight said:

That's not weird - I am TOTALLY the same way!

Ditto. I have emery boards all of the place in my house including on my bedside table.  As soon as I feel a snag, I reach for one.

• Love 9
On 1/28/2019 at 5:58 PM, xwordfanatik said:

Maybe Pudge needs meditation, as well as her yoga regimen.  

Trying to seem relevant to one's fans must be very stressful.  

There is DIRT or some kind of goo under her nails!!   Barf!!! 🤮🤮🤮

• Love 6

Same here.  A little snag can turn into a big rip on the next thing it catches on.  Mariah's nails also looked dirty, as if she had been showing the emotional support dogs how to bury their poop.

• Love 7
15 minutes ago, Kohola3 said:
19 minutes ago, Kyanight said:

That's not weird - I am TOTALLY the same way!

Ditto. I have emery boards all of the place in my house including on my bedside table.  As soon as I feel a snag, I reach for one.

Well I'm glad to hear I'm not weird. :-) I guess "self care" doesn't extend to personal grooming for Mariah? God I'm sick of her hashtagging every little thing as self care. Between Pudge and Janelle, I've heard enough about it now, thank you very much.

I think a more accurate hashtag for Pudge would be #Icareonlyaboutmyself

• Love 5

600524DE-424B-43B9-ADA0-69144E75A9B9.jpeg

CA51A2FB-5F9F-455D-AB1E-FDE0FBB21302.jpeg

mariahbrwn

I had to cancel my SoulCycle class this morning because I didn’t really want to walk a mile and a half in negative 10 degrees, which I’m super bummed about bc let’s be honest, I love a good sweat sesh when it’s this cold out side. Luckily I have my SoulCycle x lululemon leggings on to make me feel like I went? Sure let’s go with that. Keep warm again today, friends! #soulgifted #soulcycle#soulcyclexlululemon

• Love 1
45 minutes ago, ginger90 said:

Does everything she write include "because let's be real" or "because let's be honest"?  Because let's be real here, (snort) "outside" is one word.  Having said that - the black and white outfit is cute, IMO - but not something I would wear even INSIDE right now with the polar vortex.  It doesn't look warm at all.  Including the leggings.  (Unless you wore something over them.)

• Love 4

She must have been reading our comments - first the dogs and then a mention of classes.

OK, it's cold in Chicago.  It's cold where I am (26 below wind chill this morning) but hats inside.  Or is that supposed to make they look "adorbs".  And still no access to a comb or brush it appears.

I hoped she washed the sweaty leggings after the last "sesh".  Otherwise......ewwwww.

• Love 5
53 minutes ago, ginger90 said:

mariahbrwn

I had to cancel my SoulCycle class this morning because I didn’t really want to walk a mile and a half in negative 10 degrees, which I’m super bummed about bc let’s be honest, I love a good sweat sesh when it’s this cold out side. Luckily I have my SoulCycle x lululemon leggings on to make me feel like I went? Sure let’s go with that. Keep warm again today, friends! #soulgifted #soulcycle#soulcyclexlululemon

So she is cheating on LuLaRo with Lululemon.  

• Love 13
On 1/19/2019 at 5:06 PM, ginger90 said:

C1CD4684-BD02-415B-8B69-6C7A1C9E73A6.jpeg

DC991C74-E4F4-40D1-AE7E-5F8307CE9B28.jpeg

I find her “intersectional” feminism to be selective. She seems to forget how polygamy marginalizes her mother. Even though I respect that Mariah was hurt by her mother’s emotional online affair with “Sam” and does not want to lie about it, she seems to have very little sympathy for how Meri’s unbringing in her religion has gone against almost every aspect of feminism that Mariah supposedly supports.

This is not to say that Mariah should lie or deny her feelings or buy into Meri’s version of the catfish story— but one would think, as an intersectional feminist, she would have more compassion for her mother. One can have compassion for another without agreeing with their actions, imo. Ymmv

• Love 13
6 hours ago, Kyanight said:

Does everything she write include "because let's be real" or "because let's be honest"?

Apparently...maybe she feels the need to include this because most of the time, she's a lying piece of garbage. Most liars I know say things like "and I'm being totally honest with you here...". 

Those of us who aren't liars generally don't feel the need to include such phrases, because we're telling the truth ALL of the time.

The only time I use phrases like "let's be honest" are when I'm about to give someone my unvarnished, harsh opinion! Like "Let's be honest, this is an ESA faking, self-centered spoiled brat. And I don't give a shit about her supposedly deep thoughts." :-)

• Love 9
8 hours ago, ginger90 said:

mariahbrwn

"Look at me, trying to do a cutesy-yet-thoughtful pose. Instead, I'm making myself look 40 years old."

• Love 9