Type keyword(s) to search

Leon Brown: So Here's Me

Pallas
Message added by Scarlett45,

Leon is transgender and uses they/them pronouns. As defined in the GLAAD guidelines, they are a they, were a they, and will be a they unless they ever tell us something different.  Per those guidelines, referring to them as a woman or a girl or as she is not okay, regardless of any modifier placed before these words or the time period being discussed.  Referring to them by any name besides "Leon" or "Leo" is not appropriate, regardless of the time period being discussed. Intent matters and people may slip up. Let's strive to respect their identity.

Please review the guidelines of the site regarding the Hate Speech and Insensitive Language Policy, which includes guidelines from GLAAD for the LGBTQ+ community.

Also remember the Golden Rule of Primetimer is Be Civil.

• Start Topic

On 4/7/2020 at 11:58 AM, Roslyn said:

I remember that!  I also vaguely remember after that episode someone online (who really knew Hebrew) said that he butchered it horribly.

I speak Hebrew and Kody is terrible at it. Terrible. 

However it doesn’t bother me when my Christian friends want to learn more about it. It is part of their faith and some know so little about it  

חג פסח שמח

• Love 18
41 minutes ago, TurtlePower said:

However it doesn’t bother me when my Christian friends want to learn more about it. It is part of their faith and some know so little about it  

חג פסח שמח

Jeeez he's such an idiot always tries to steal the spotlight and then clodhoppers around with absolutely no regard for anyone else or whether it's appropriate.

I wish I knew more about the Jewish faith ❤

• Love 7
1 hour ago, Sofa Sloth said:

5CD190C0-A2E7-44F2-A3E6-C927C9AF5FAB.thumb.jpeg.a1e55497033bea49d66cc9c2a721d222.jpeg35295B1B-2328-4CAE-AE8A-19A70B42F03E.thumb.jpeg.d0a5edb74b3222875fab3cd5dba50063.jpeg

I’m presuming she doesn’t realise that she herself is the privileged white woman with access to everything who is traipsing around unnecessarily in a pandemic? The hypocrisy here is mind-blowing. 

Grrrrr I've been trying to "like" your post but this thing keeps giving an error message.... Anyways I totally agree and "LIKE" your post!  😁

• LOL 1
  • Love 7
17 hours ago, TurtlePower said:

חג פסח שמח

16 hours ago, Joan of Argh said:

I wish I knew more about the Jewish faith ❤

Going back many years I watched a lot of documentaries.  While I have no idea of the name I watched a series on the historical timeline of the Jewish faith.  It was fascinating and the talking heads and stories from Rabbi's and scholars were just so entertaining as well as informative. I wish I could remember it, I wouldn't mind a rewatch.

I am a "none of the above" with my ideology.  I was raised Presbyterian but by the time I was 18 I just adopted a "Don't be an Asshole" as my personal ideal.  I do like learning about the other faiths and what is at their core.  It is how I got sucked down the rabbit hole learning about Mormonism.  🙄

• Love 13
On 4/8/2020 at 4:35 PM, Sofa Sloth said:

I’m presuming she doesn’t realise that she herself is the privileged white woman with access to everything who is traipsing around unnecessarily in a pandemic? The hypocrisy here is mind-blowing. 

A lot of black people work at Chicago's O'Hare Airport.  I hope she isn't responsible for killing any of them.

• Love 5
1 hour ago, ginger90 said:

Water droplets on plant. So woke. 

The photo I’d rather see from that 2016 Hawaii trip, is this one where Meri surfed right into her head. ‘I caaaaan’t stop’ 😆  Now that’s a worthy pic from your trip. 

DB1DD667-54D1-4668-A476-082B26A972C4.jpeg.581bc133b671c58b4af4245f7ca37f4d.jpeg

Edited by Sofa Sloth
Typo
  • LOL 23

Man, this kid is full of herself. Simpler time, oh, ok.

I am not a Mariah follower (appreciate you brave souls posting her entitled delusion )

I clicked on her “handle” and it brought me to her world.

Mariah Brown

student of life (+ actually social justice @ luc)

i like to talk about yoga, food, my thoughts on justice + healing

they/she

200ryt

mariahlianbrown.com

Her website is boring, frightening, and apparently a bit fictitious. West Coast Mariah??

“I was born and raised on the west coast and recently made the big move to the midwest.”

https://www.mariahlianbrown.com/journal/2018/10/26/welcome-im-glad-you-are-here

• LOL 5
  • Love 1
3 minutes ago, itsadryheat said:

More Mariah:

Instead of feeling the need to change my body this year, I’m setting intentions for myself. This looks like more “be aware of my own consumerism”, “find joy in the little things”, “move intuitively”.

https://www.mariahlianbrown.com/journal/2019/1/8/consciously-setting-intention

. . . speaking of consumerism, reading Mariah sparks my desire for alcohol. Cheers🍸

https://www.mariahlianbrown.com/shop-page

My favorite part of her website (given her stance on consumerism) is her shop, which sells the very woke products of other companies at inflated prices to make herself a tidy profit. 

• LOL 7
  • Love 3
1 hour ago, Sofa Sloth said:

Water droplets on plant. So woke. 

The photo I’d rather see from that 2016 Hawaii trip, is this one where Meri surfed right into her head. ‘I caaaaan’t stop’ 😆  Now that’s a worthy pic from your trip. 

DB1DD667-54D1-4668-A476-082B26A972C4.jpeg.581bc133b671c58b4af4245f7ca37f4d.jpeg

Another epic moment of that trip was when we witnessed Mariah's utter lack of humor when Meri coerced Janelle in the great eyebrow caper. 

• LOL 5
  • Love 4
1 hour ago, Sandy W said:

Another epic moment of that trip was when we witnessed Mariah's utter lack of humor when Meri coerced Janelle in the great eyebrow caper. 

Yes. Great example of ‘the simpler times in Hawaii circa 2016’.  Who could forget Mariah rolling her eyes in distain and refusing to acknowledge or engage with her Mom in that lighthearted jovial moment, like a resentful teenager (when she was actually 21)...

What are these ‘simpler times circa 2016’ she’s referring to anyway? In 2016 wasn’t she coming out as gay on national television, having emotional tantrums over Meri’s scandalous publicised affair and dealing with her own terrible eyebrow situation? Weird caption honestly.  

• Love 12
9 hours ago, Sandy W said:

That made me sad when I saw it. Breanna actually gasped when Mariah made fun of Meri's eyebrows in an earlier episode - I'm sure she never would have said something so rude to her own mom.  I thought it was cute that Meri brought Janelle and Breanna in on the joke.  Then Mariah totally ignored them.

• Love 6
16 minutes ago, Meowwww said:

What’s this “they/she”?  Is she (or they) now calling herself (or themself ) they??

Yes, that's the new woke way of addressing those who don't identify with the gender listed on their birth certificate.  You are supposed to ask what their preference is. 

My correct-grammar-drummed-into-me-by-the-nuns brain just cannot absorb calling a singular person "they".

• Love 13
4 minutes ago, Kohola3 said:

Yes, that's the new woke way of addressing those who don't identify with the gender listed on their birth certificate.  You are supposed to ask what their preference is. 

My correct-grammar-drummed-into-me-by-the-nuns brain just cannot absorb calling a singular person "they".

Yup same with my own grammar brain lol.  I know someone who is a “they”.  And they are lovely. But is Mariah now going to “they?”  I just feel like that’s new. 

• Love 9
On 4/7/2020 at 6:19 AM, ginger90 said:

“It wasn’t much; it was so special “

What the heck does that mean?

I am still trying to figure out half of a seder.

On 4/7/2020 at 6:52 AM, aimlessbird said:

Robyn's been saving Seder and Passover pins on Pinterest.  You know that Kody likes to pretend he's Jewish sometimes.  It's as if he does not understand that there are huge belief difference between the Jewish faith and Christian faith/beliefs.  (Namely Jesus)  Maybe Robyn and Kody have Kody's Mom holding Passover now?

A lot of Christian churches have a seder meal either on Maundy Thursday or on Wed night.  It adds to understanding the Last Supper.  We didn't have it this year, but many families were doing one at home.

• Useful 3
  • Love 4
42 minutes ago, Twopper said:

A lot of Christian churches have a seder meal either on Maundy Thursday or on Wed night. 

But isn't the point of the Seder meal to commemorate Moses leading his people out of slavery in Egypt to the Promised Land?  What's that got to do with the Last Supper? 

Inquiring minds want to know how one relates to the other.  Just curious.

• Love 4
43 minutes ago, Kohola3 said:

But isn't the point of the Seder meal to commemorate Moses leading his people out of slavery in Egypt to the Promised Land?  What's that got to do with the Last Supper? 

Inquiring minds want to know how one relates to the other.  Just curious.

If I understand correctly, Jesus celebrated Passover with his Disciples in the Upper Room on what we call Maundy Thursday, the day before Good Friday. He shared with them what we now call communion referring to the bread and the wine as symbols of His body and blood. Shortly thereafter he was betrayed by Judas and arrested. Some Christians observe the Seder and communion as part of the observance of Holy Week. I have no idea why Mariah would observe it. She only seems to think of herself as Holy.

Edited by Liddy52
It was Judas, not Judah who betrayed Jesus. Stupid auto correct!
  • Useful 1
  • Love 12
15 minutes ago, Kohola3 said:

Inquiring minds want to know how one relates to the other.  Just curiou

the synoptic gospels (Matthew, Mark and Luke) portray the last supper as the Passover meal Jesus ate with his disciples.  Some Jews and Christians disagree with churches having seders.  https://www.catholicherald.com/news/local_news/seder_meal_foreshadows_the_messiah/

• Love 4
14 minutes ago, Liddy52 said:

I have no idea why Mariah would observe it. She only seems to think of herself as Holy.

This whole season seems to be trying to jerk their religion back into the show; I think almost every episode this season has them either praying together or --in one instance--apart but at the same time.   There were references to it in the earliest seasons like the birthday party for one of the Mormon prophets (Smith? Brigham Young? ), but in most later seasons references to it have been almost non-existent with the exception of the constant refrain that Kody and the moms have when they announce proudly that they are a polygamous family. 

• Love 7
6 hours ago, Kohola3 said:

So does she no longer identify as female? I haven't heard this before. My bigest problem with Mariah is that she is one of the most unpleasant young people on TV. It has nothing to do with her being gay or woke or whatever. She is just unpleasant.

• Love 24

I think the funniest thing with that post is how she mentions how pushy Mariah was with her conservative point of view...because back then she was conservative, and how she is the same pushy person but her point of view has completely switched teams.

• Love 12
18 minutes ago, Roslyn said:

I think the funniest thing with that post is how she mentions how pushy Mariah was with her conservative point of view...because back then she was conservative, and how she is the same pushy person but her point of view has completely switched teams.

So true. It’s her core self-righteous, domineering and egotistical personality that’s obviously remained the same, despite the complete belief system /viewpoint switch. I read someone else’s opinion of her too a while ago, who knew the kids in high school and said similar, that Mariah was stuck-up, judgemental and standoffish but the other kids were nice. 

• Love 12

The Brown's were completely against gay folks but had a miraculous change of heart as soon as Princess Pudge came out.... Especially Meri, there's no way she'd be accepting of gay couples if it wasn't HER kid.

The Browns religious beliefs and morals are all over the place.... They used to wear shirts over shirts and look down their nose at the way other people dress....but that's long gone, no explanation.

Hypocrites. 🙄

• LOL 1
  • Love 11
12 hours ago, Joan of Argh said:

The Browns religious beliefs and morals are all over the place.... They used to wear shirts over shirts and look down their nose at the way other people dress....but that's long gone, no explanation.

Hypocrites. 🙄

Right, now one of them wears jackets that don't close

image.png.311d331aaa2af655a6c636a151dbb16f.png

• LOL 13

Oh, ewwwwww.  Meaningless platitudes (and lies since she obviously doesn't care about anyone's safety and jets across the country) followed by a picture of dog poop and then a shot of her boobs.

I could go a LONG time without seeing any of that.

• LOL 2
  • Love 16

I'm going to forget i saw those pictures.  I like how she goes on and on about meeting her "people" over the interweb.  Wow.  Haven't they learned their lesson about meeting people over the internet?

• Useful 1
  • LOL 10
  • Love 10

I've been taking some pictures of my day-to-day activities to share with friends on Facebook.  But none of my pictures include unshaved legs or armpits.

I guess I'm not woke.

Thank goodness.  I at least still maintain a modicum of dignity.

• LOL 6
  • Love 9
1 hour ago, Mahamid Frauded Me said:

I thought I was on the Finding Bigfoot thread for a second.  

Coincidentally, I'm reading this while watching an episode of "Mysteries at the Museum" about a Bigfoot like creature known as the Borrego Sandman.😁  Though the creature was not so eager to display their hairy legs and pits.

Edited by deirdra
  • LOL 9

More shock value to prove she’s not a demure fundamentalist Mormon anymore. Must need to still remind everyone she’s a progressive intersectional feminist lesbian now, so here’s her leg and armpit hair, boobs and thigh roll under skin tight shorts on social media. The only person to be woke, special and liberated, sure. sure. Yawn. 

Poor Audj, I can’t imagine the bush below she’d need to navigate based on these pictures -of course that’s assuming she was still inclined to want to, after the getting past the dirty socks, sweaty bike shorts and gorilla legs. 

• LOL 6
  • Love 8
4 hours ago, smarty2020 said:

I'm going to forget i saw those pictures.  I like how she goes on and on about meeting her "people" over the interweb.  Wow.  Haven't they learned their lesson about meeting people over the internet?

"What has been seen cannot be unseen." 

• LOL 7
  • Love 4
7 hours ago, DakotaJustice said:

I still don't get how she thinks this looks good, but then I think back to the commitment ceremony dress. 😂😂

5 hours ago, Mahamid Frauded Me said:

image.png.9b6531a9708acad0ec07e5fa20d2b4fb.png

5 hours ago, AZChristian said:

And when she walked out of the dressing room in this, she had a big smile on her face and said, "I think we have a winner!"

Ok the commitment ceremony dress was awful but incredibly it wasn’t the first snot-green monstrosity she fell in love with, recently did a rewatch of season one and this was one of Meri’s options for Robyn’s wedding - which she liked! And we are supposed to want to buy clothes from this woman? 😆 54BFFE91-1490-4F07-903E-409EE661C53E.jpeg.00b43ac42e6d3c9915b6f7358af686b0.jpeg

• LOL 13